6.8

1. MichaelM.
    Dec 22, 2006
    Average flight sim game. Totally scripted and was not impressed when I played it. It was a total disappointment. reminds me of a very simular game I played on the PS2, Secret Weapons which was a great game.
  2. May 22, 2011
    Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII is a fun game, but it's not a perfect one. It has really good graphics, a wide selection of different airplanes to choose from, and really good environments, as well as a nice and simple campaign mode. What's not do great is its controls, which are extremely difficult, and often get in the way quite a bit. You can't fly the airplane straight without itBlazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII is a fun game, but it's not a perfect one. It has really good graphics, a wide selection of different airplanes to choose from, and really good environments, as well as a nice and simple campaign mode. What's not do great is its controls, which are extremely difficult, and often get in the way quite a bit. You can't fly the airplane straight without it wanting to turn over, and trying to change direction can also be a pain. It is also a extremely difficult game. I might not be the most skilled gamer in the world, but good enough to know this game is HARD. Missions are well designed, but it's are not always clear on what your supposed to be doing at a certain time, or what you're supposed to be doing first. It has a nice storyline with the other pilots on your side always having some kind of conversation which is also a nice touch. I gave this game an 8 out of 10 overall, because it's good in most ways, but it's challenging controls and it's overall difficulty put in down in my opinion. Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII is a unique airplane flight game that takes place in WWII, has unique graphics, is a lot of fun, good variety, etc. They just didn't get the controls right, and they made it way too hard, and it reminds me a lot of Secret Weapons Over Normandy for the PS2 as well. If you like airplane flight games and airplane combat games, than I highly recommend this one to fans of the genre. Expand

While the Sixaxis functionality offers an alternate control method, it doesn't really improve the game very much. It's fun to use for a while, but when it comes to accuracy, players will likely opt for the analog sticks.
  2. Blazing Angels' very straightforward campaign and barren online play don't add up to make a particularly engaging air combat game.
  3. I almost fell asleep playing it because it was just too easy. But, it does have some very nice online play. Too bad you have to unlock planes in the Campaign mode to play them online.