- Summary: Brink is an immersive shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character across all modes of play. You decide the role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind’sBrink is an immersive shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character across all modes of play. You decide the role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind’s last refuge for humanity. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more. A man-made floating city called the Ark, made up of hundreds of separate floating islands, is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental self-sufficient and 100% "green" habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth's oceans has forced the Ark to become a refuge for humanity. Crammed with the original Ark founders, their descendants, as well as tens of thousands of refugees, the Ark exists in total isolation from the rest of the world. With 25 years of social unrest, the inhabitants of the Ark have reached their breaking point. It's up to you to decide the future of the Ark and the human race. Blurring the Lines Between Offline and Online - Advance your character’s development across every gameplay mode: single player, co-op, and multiplayer. Gain experience points that you can spend on customizing and upgrading your skills and abilities, designing an entirely unique look and feel for your character. Brink uses the familiar shooter controls that you're used to, without frustrating, artificial constraints and takes advantage of a new feature: the SMART button. When you press the SMART button, the game dynamically evaluates where you’re trying to get to, and makes it happen. No need to perfectly time a jump or vault, the game knows what you want to do. Objectives, communications, mission generation, and inventory selection are all dynamically generated based on your role, your status, your location, your squad-mates, and the status of the battle in all gameplay modes. You'll always know exactly where to go, what to do when you get there, and what your reward will be for success. Brink’s proprietary technology, Virtual Texturing, breaks new ground on current-gen consoles and PCs with an even greater focus on highly detailed characters, realistic environments, lighting, effects, and atmospherics. This competitive lead on the squad-combat genre helps thrust players into the gritty reality of the Ark's epic secluded arcology. [Bethesda Softworks]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Brink Developer Diary #3
Games Master UKJun 4, 2011An innovative, forward thinking new shooter - and how often can you say that? [July 2011, p.84]
Playstation Official Magazine UKJun 19, 2011Get/bribe some mates and there's a great game here. [July 2011, p.92]
May 19, 2011Brink tries to present many good ideas, but it falls short and, in the end, it's just the same gameplay mechanics we've seen many times. The SMART systems is not as dynamic as it should be; the game modes are all the same; the feeling, overall, is that we have a fun and interesting multiplayer game (even in its Campaign mode), but users are left without new emotions. Many customization options that, in the end, are nothing new.
Play UKJun 26, 2011You can get a sense of the minute-to-minute gunplay being something special with the right group of friends. [Issue#206, p.87]
May 10, 2011This is a very good game buy it I have over 150 games and this is very close to my perfect game up there with mgs4 bad company 2 and 007This is a very good game buy it I have over 150 games and this is very close to my perfect game up there with mgs4 bad company 2 and 007 night fire it should have a better story but it's more multiplayer than single player 9.4/10… Expand
May 16, 2011I was really hyped for this game. When I got my hand on it I was really disappointed and felt cheated.
But after a few hours I got into theI was really hyped for this game. When I got my hand on it I was really disappointed and felt cheated.
But after a few hours I got into the game and the gameplay became really fluid and very fun.
It still has flaws but it will be patched amazing game if you play online. The story for me is enough to give a great mood for the whole.
I love this game, just don't ragequit guys… Expand
Oct 11, 2012I honestly suggest this to any fan of First Person Shooting this game brings alot to the table Customization, A Great Experience,I honestly suggest this to any fan of First Person Shooting this game brings alot to the table Customization, A Great Experience, Shooting,Shooting, more shooting and of course PARKOUR which is basically jumping over obstacles or sliding through stuff and climbing stuff anyways the game is A great and Tremendous change over Call of duty which is not doing very well due to mw3 sucking bad!! and battlefield which has had mixed opinions about it but here we have an OLD-SCHOOL "Enemy Territory" kind of game which in my opinion the best style for a action FPS especially when theres multiplayer involved BUT BUT BUT (only for the ps3 version) it has lag even when updated PLUS no ones playing online which is sad coz i would love to play this with friends or anyone really its a great game and my final verdict is a 9/10 its a must buy and u should totally pick up… Expand
May 15, 2011My online has been limited obviously you know why so I won't speak about that. From the campaign I have played it has been an enjoyableMy online has been limited obviously you know why so I won't speak about that. From the campaign I have played it has been an enjoyable experience. The parkour is fluent and the customization superb. The color matching is easy and looks great. The weapons look nice for both security and resistance respectively. They definitely defined each side specifically with the resistance your rag tag gang of rebels and the security being the uptight clean sophisticated police force. Both feel very natural and I find myself relating to the side I choose. The combat is decent and the shooting manageable. The HUD is nicely laid out nicely and easy to understand. The classes are nice but I sense some definite inbalance.
Only few problems I have is some of the parkour, combat and missions. With the parkour sometimes it feels like I have to hit a railing straight on because sometimes you get a bit stuck. With vaulting up ledges it is animated weirdly sometimes hands not really near the ledge. Sometimes I feel like I am bouncing around in the wrong direction because the SMART will get confused with where I want to go. The combat sometimes feel like hip firing is better then aiming down the sights. Some of the guns seem underpowered and the pistol knife hard to execute. The sniping seems like it is obsolete because of such rapid movement. I wish that you could be light or heavy right of the bat because you start with medium. You shouldn't have to wait to unlock them in my opinion. The missions sometimes seem too difficult or too easy. Cheesy most of the time but still enjoyable. Some missions have points where the enemies just rush and it is difficult to retaliate as the computers seem sluggish (again cannot say with multiplayer how it would be). All in all Brink is customization masterpiece. Each character feels unique and each gun looks superb. The attachments available seem realistic and souping up my guns feels oh so right. The combat needs a definite update and balance would be nice. Some of the missions need to be toned down and vice versa. Brink is entertaining but I feel like there should be more. It is incomplete.… Expand
Aug 28, 2018• Historia: 6/10
• Personajes: 6/10
• GamePlay: 8/10 • Gráficos: 8/10 • Multiplayer : Si 5/10 • Sonido: 8/10 • Música: 8/10 •• Historia: 6/10
• Personajes: 6/10
• GamePlay: 8/10
• Gráficos: 8/10
• Multiplayer : Si 5/10
• Sonido: 8/10
• Música: 8/10
• Longitud: 4/10
• Valor de repetición: 5/10
• Valor del jugador: 6/10
+ Tener la opción de jugar la historia de los dos bandos
+ Buena jugabilidad tipica de un fps con 4 clases entre las que elegir
+ La banda sonora esta muy bien y la música encaja bien con el entorno del juego.
+ Buenos efectos de Sonido.
+ Gran variedad de personalización
+ Gráficos bastante decentes.
+ Soporte de trofeos
- Su corta duración.
- Falta profundidad en la historia.
- El multiplayer creo que sobra bastante en el juego
- La historia aunque interesante le falta profundidad
- Pocos modos de juego online
En Resumen un buen decente, entretenido, con una duración de la historia aceptable y unos personajes interesantes aunque le falta profundidad, con buenos gráficos y una jugabilidad muy buena, el multiplayer aunque entretenido sobra bastante .… Expand
Aug 17, 2014This game was clearly unfinished. Splash Damage put in LOADS of cool ideas; but sadly, none of them work! The customisation is very good, butThis game was clearly unfinished. Splash Damage put in LOADS of cool ideas; but sadly, none of them work! The customisation is very good, but other than that, it's just your boring, faceless, plotless shooter. Seriously, there is NO plot whatsoever. Also, it has some of the worst multiplayer lag I have ever seen! Two words: STAY WAY!… Expand
Jul 15, 2011One word review: Terrible.
Two words: REALLY terrible.
Oponents are too hard to kill whilst your character is far too easy to kill, no coverOne word review: Terrible.
Two words: REALLY terrible.
Oponents are too hard to kill whilst your character is far too easy to kill, no cover system apart from crouching makes even the single player game seem like a very badly designed online multiplayer.
Hectic, with some nice design work but this doesn't compensate for the other failings.… Expand