4.5

1. Sep 9, 2014
    If you're a fan of repetitive games, you'll love Destiny. You get to shoot people over and over again for no reason. There's nothing to do in freeroam.
  2. Sep 9, 2014
    You might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it'sYou might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it's trying to be Halo, but with horribly repetitive quests/missions that makes the game bland and uninteresting. Re-visit the same locations over and over in "Old Russia" and fight the same types of enemies. Sense of character progression is missing and nearly existent, despite the skill tree. It's missing all of the charm and fun that games like Borderlands 2 deliver on and feels like another generic shooter that's trying to be an MMO (eg. Defiance). With the limitations on voice chat, it leaves you feeling as if you are playing alone or with A.I. and without that MMO "feel" or interesting story to speak of, it ends up feeling like you're playing some fancy Free-To-Play shooter like Warframe. Expand
  3. Sep 24, 2014
    The level design in this game is awful. Bosses are copy-pasted and don't give any drops worthwhile, making grinding an unfortunate must in this game. Mission objectives are always the same, and no lore is provided.
  4. Dec 5, 2014
    Destiny is a beautiful shell of a game which promises greatness and delivers tedium. The lead writer quit a year before release, one of the major composers was fired without cause, and the remaining developers are completely out of touch with their community. The longer you play, the more you realize how small and devoid of content the game is. Almost all of the promises made by theDestiny is a beautiful shell of a game which promises greatness and delivers tedium. The lead writer quit a year before release, one of the major composers was fired without cause, and the remaining developers are completely out of touch with their community. The longer you play, the more you realize how small and devoid of content the game is. Almost all of the promises made by the developers have been broken, and it is clear that they do not value the time invested in the game by their players. Do not buy this game. Expand
  5. Aug 31, 2016
    I can´t believe how acitivson and Bungie spent 500 millions on one of the worst games i've played this year, the game FORCES you to pay for DLC's for a gme which costs STILL TODAY 60 USD, this is silly for me. I don´t recommend you this game, indeed, TRY to get away from this thing!
  6. Dec 4, 2014
    For me in all honesty regardless of how I felt about the experience that is Destiny, that does not dilute the reality that Activision (not to be confused with Bungie) betrayed us due to corporate decisions to the tune of "What will make us more money?" Obviously the entire point of the industry just like any other industry is to make money, but at what cost, your fans loyalty, disgracingFor me in all honesty regardless of how I felt about the experience that is Destiny, that does not dilute the reality that Activision (not to be confused with Bungie) betrayed us due to corporate decisions to the tune of "What will make us more money?" Obviously the entire point of the industry just like any other industry is to make money, but at what cost, your fans loyalty, disgracing the art that this industry has become? The outlook on the future of this industry is very grave if this is what the new generation is gonna be. Activision screwed up with Destiny. Ubisoft screwed up with Assassins Creed Unity and some others. Not sure about EA, not really a big fan of them. Microsoft screwed up with the kinect. Nintendo screwed up with the Wii U. Sony screwed up with the vita. All of these have been followed up with a slow vindication, or are still trying to find a solution to their issues. If all the big companies release their products half-assed, and release the second half at extra cost, and people just continue to buy it, that tells them that its ok and we agree with this. People need to stand against this or we wont be getting many good games any time soon Expand
  7. Jan 16, 2015
    Yet another online shooter where connection speed, timing, and pure luck make more of a difference than actual skill. If you like pulling your hair and screaming at your television over a video game, then maybe this is for you. Otherwise, find something else.
  8. Feb 14, 2015
    Do NOT let it be your Destiny" to own this steaming pile for Richard the 3rd !

If your thinking about buying Destiny for PS3 don't waste your money buy something else ! Regrettably I purchased Destiny for my PS3 and quite frankly this "game" is of un-merchandisable quality this is undoubtedly the most worthless game I have ever purchased. In spite of being signed into PSN it
    Do NOT let it be your Destiny" to own this steaming pile for Richard the 3rd !

In spite of being signed into PSN it usually cannot find Destiny servers and having been sold as a PS3 game it takes forever to install, then to make matters worse it does not work and relays users to a 170mb "compatibility 1" patch which takes 21 min to download on a fast fibre optic connection.

Still not satisfied the game again will not work and relays users to a 1141 mb "compatibility 2" patch which takes over 5 hours to download thanks to the vending servers going at a snails pace and then gives error message "oyster"

This software is a complete joke - do not buy this game for PS3 under any circumstances unless you want to spend USD 50 to sit and watch the start screen or a download screen for hours on end.

This is a rubbish, buggy completely unplayable product, a complete rip off - if I could give it a negative score I would.

Bungie - I will never buy one of your games again. Activision you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Thank God for Ebay I will be selling this crap as soon as possible
  9. Apr 27, 2015
    So boring and terrible!! I don't know what awesome game some of these other people are playing. How many times do I have to keep playing the same levels?! I hear that it's "so beautiftul" .. Really? lol,,, where? The weapons are un-imaginative, if you can ever find ammo for them. Its slow, its lazy, just so much hype for no reason. I don't bash many games, but people who love thisSo boring and terrible!! I don't know what awesome game some of these other people are playing. How many times do I have to keep playing the same levels?! I hear that it's "so beautiftul" .. Really? lol,,, where? The weapons are un-imaginative, if you can ever find ammo for them. Its slow, its lazy, just so much hype for no reason. I don't bash many games, but people who love this thing are crazy. When you watch the commercials on TV, they don't actually show you the game play, and there's definitely a reason for that. Expand
  10. Jun 29, 2015
    This game could have been great but then came the dlc and then more dlc and more. Then the partnerships with other companies. To top it all off the story was once much better than the repetitive crap that is in the game now.
    Bungie, I expected greater from you.
    Activision, stop ruining games to maximize profits.
  11. Oct 8, 2015
    Repetitive, All the levels look the F**KING SAME. not to mention that it takes up almost 10GB, WTF. It's good for maybe the first 30 minutes if that. BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT. F**KING. SUCKS.
  12. Sep 15, 2015
    While the graphics are very good, and the original music is great, the game itself is fun for a while, but gets very monotonous.as you have to do things repeatedly in order to advance. The game itself does not have any real story; if you want to know anything of a story you need to got to a website, and then it is in minute pieces that you have to piece together yourself.

The real

The real problem is, that once you get to advance to the max, you need to purchase DLC's; and even worse, is that you need to get these updates before you can play at all. The original gave you a number of things to do, but once an update came, things were removed and you could no longer do without purchasing the updates. This last update, called The Taken King, has removed almost all the original playable content, and there is only a extremely basic game. This game is very expensive to play, and will only cost you more every time a new DLC will come out.

I will admit, that I liked playing, but the attitude (and ransom) that you will have to pay to play is extremely horrendous. I strongly advise you to just stay away from this game!
  13. Oct 4, 2014
    Repeating , random loot drops , endless unbearable grinding and no matchmaking. These are the problems the game has. Oh i forgot THE GOD DAMN STORY IS DIVIDED INTO DLCs. If you thought CoD is the most corporate game of all times , wait until you play this dog food.
  14. Sep 12, 2014
    Boring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, exceptBoring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, except Mass Effect 3. Where is the old Bungie I used to know? The one that loved to make GAMES?? Now they only love making MONEY. Expand
  15. Sep 11, 2014
    Wanted, like everyone else, to be excited for this. When I first heard and read about it, it seemed like a great premise with some exciting gameplay to boot. Unfortunately once I read the news that it wasn't going to launch with the whole solar system available and that you don't actually control your own ship. I knew it was going to be a major let down. The beta only confirmed it for me.Wanted, like everyone else, to be excited for this. When I first heard and read about it, it seemed like a great premise with some exciting gameplay to boot. Unfortunately once I read the news that it wasn't going to launch with the whole solar system available and that you don't actually control your own ship. I knew it was going to be a major let down. The beta only confirmed it for me. Proves that the gaming business only cares about rushing out products for max profitability. Not to mention all this DLC bonus junk. 60 for something half-assed is a scam. No one should support it. They say it cost 500 million to make? Outright lie. A couple other reasons for the score? Repetitive missions. Abysmal weapons. Terrible enemies. Tacky menu system. List goes on. Will hold out for The Evil Within and Alien Isolation. The latter being the best bang for buck this Halloween. Trick or treat. Expand
  16. Oct 6, 2014
    Easily the most disappointing game I have ever played. I played Destiny every day for about two to six hours a session for almost a month hoping that it would get better…it never did. I deleted this game last night and I vow I will never buy another title from Bungie or Activision anytime in the near future and I do not care how good the reviews are. I want my $60 back!

The character

The character generator is lack luster to say the least and considering you and everyone else in the game are wearing helmets 99% of the time what is the point. Your character has no special back-story or traits nor at anytime while playing Destiny will you ever feel any special attachment to your character, as they are just a cog in the machine, senselessly grinding away.

Secondly, the ship you purchase, regardless of how much you spend, will serve no other purpose than to be a loading screen. How pathetic, at minimum your character should be able to deck out their spacecraft, call down an airstrike or go inside and use the ship for crafting weapons upgrades, something, anything besides just being a floating turdy loading screen.

Leveling is stupid as hell as each mission is the same as the last. “Go to X on your map while clearing out small pockets of enemies along the way. Once at X use your Ghost to open a door or unlock a tricky computer code. While your Ghost is doing that hold off swarms of enemies that slowly increase in difficulty until a “boss”, character shows up that looks exactly like the regular guys. Kill boss.” Rinse and repeat. And then once you beat the game you get to experience the joy of running the exact same missions all over again just on a higher difficulty setting which merely means the enemies have more hp and fire more powerful weapons however, they react exactly the same and look exactly the same as their lower level counterparts.

Destiny’s storyline is completely nonexistent. What little story that is present is ripped straight from RIFT the MMORPG. The comparison is unavoidable “You were dead, but have been given a second chance, brought back to life by a mysterious force in the future to battle a new growing evil.” Sound familiar? Even the names of the good and bad forces in the game are strikingly all too similar. Rift has Guardians and Defiant while Destiny has Guardians and Fallen. Even after beating the game, you are still left feeling as if giant chunks are missing from the story, which will be revealed later in paid updates.

PVP is complete garbage as the teams are always unbalanced because of the screwed up team balancing system. There will be six players on one team and three on the other. Gear score (defense) means nothing, regardless of how much you grind for gear. You can be decked out in purples and blues and still get one shot by an entry level player in green and grey gear wielding a shotgun.

High level PVE is a joke, as I mentioned earlier, all you do is run the same missions you ran to level up your character just on higher difficulties. Within a few days, you are burnt out from the repetition. The patrol missions can be thrown in to spice things up a bit, but what is the point considering they garner you nothing special after completion. And guess what? Every mission and patrol has your character starting in the exact same location on the map every single time! Every single god damn time!

Destiny was advertised as a socially engaging, ever changing, open world environment, which is complete **** The maps are small and within a few patrol missions, you will have discovered and seen everything Destiny has to offer. You do not feel any type of social connection with other players except rarely when an “event” takes place, which again, is a direct rip off of RIFT’s Rift openings. These events are again repetitious and annoyingly similar to everything else you have been doing in the game already.

The gear may be the most egregious error as you will spend literally 20 to 30 hours grinding just to get a purple codex only to have it open up and be a shard or a weapon that you do not use. Worse yet, if you are lucky enough to get a legendary to drop that you can use, once equipped it looks exactly the same as your standard weapon. I found myself face palming and screaming repeatedly as I put on the new gear only to see the new epic gear looked identical to the gear it just replaced.

Destiny promoted itself as a FPS/MMORPG; however, in reality it is nothing more than Call of Duty in space.

I will finish by saying that out of shear annoyance, disappointment and rage at this game I broke a controller nearly in half. This game will piss you off and leave you feeling like you are just spinning your wheels as there is no big payoff…ever.
  17. Sep 14, 2014
    Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2 other players and the socail aspect sucks, it is not an adventure game either (forget everything you heard about Mass Effect, because it's not), it is just a boring FPS, far from Halo or Borderlands. What a waste. Expand
  18. Sep 18, 2014
    My oh my if you need a really expensive coaster fer your coffee table this is it. i can find no reason to justify paying for this game.If it was free i still would not play..unfortunatley i payed don't make the same mistake..Definetly screwing the peopels here.. i play mmo and mmofps this has got to be in my top 5 worst. if you purchased this poop you have my sympathy..
  19. Sep 15, 2014
    this is my THIRD review of the game, i had given it a 8 but now im dropping that to a 5/10. here is why

i have this very minute finished the game and i can assure you its a huge let down, i had to actually YouTube the ending to make sure it was the same thing as i just witnessed, its the same concept as every other. You get on your sparrow ride through, get to a gate deploy ghost, he does his business, fight some enemies, go through a gate, kill some more goblin robots, then you are presented with fighting 3 of the boss's (all seperately) with the yellow writing (you will know what i mean if youve played it) and they are the EXACT same as the boss's from the previous level and i think they are also EASIER to kill, once youve done that the mission ending timer counts down, you go back to the tower and speak to the speaker, he does a little speech , THATS IT, not even any end credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the EXACT same as every other boring level.

the only thing i like about the game is the visuals and the levelling up but thats all pointless now, unless you fancy doing the same boring stuff in crucible over and over again.

You might see a trend here with the game - "repetitive" - awful!! - oh and certainly no replay value!

the second worst ending ive ever seen in a video game behind sniperghost warrior on 360. 4/10
  20. Sep 12, 2014
    Alot like Borderlands but also reminds me of a cheap knock off of ME series. I guess others wont agree but I did not like ME at all so this game made me happy I rented it. 2 hours was enough
  21. Sep 12, 2014
  22. Sep 20, 2014
    After about a week of watching my son play this, and seeing the frustration he has felt due to the connectivity issues, and the time I have spent trying to fix it, I cannot rate this game very high. It looks like a fine game, maybe nothing about it makes me really want to play it anymore. It looks like most sci-fi first person shooters. However, this is our usual M.O. One of us buys aAfter about a week of watching my son play this, and seeing the frustration he has felt due to the connectivity issues, and the time I have spent trying to fix it, I cannot rate this game very high. It looks like a fine game, maybe nothing about it makes me really want to play it anymore. It looks like most sci-fi first person shooters. However, this is our usual M.O. One of us buys a game, we both try it. I am probably going to pass this one up. If my son was not kicked off so often, I might rate it a little higher. Expand
  23. Sep 23, 2014
    SAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their ownSAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their own and MS save them) and make creative games and not Halo... so what did they do they made Destiny a halo clone... A very repetitive Halo clone... This game is not worth $60 you are 2 games away from bankruptcy and I for one can't wait to see it happen... You had a great thing at Microsoft and you blew it for greed... You said it was to be creative... Is destiny creative? No freaking way... Expand
  24. Jan 25, 2015
    This game is poor. The graphics are bad. The gameplay is repetitive. This game doesn't cost much than 5 dollars. If you want great shooter buy battlefield 4
  25. Sep 10, 2014
    This game has a lot of repetition, and is boooring. All the missions are identical. Every mission looks the same... Don't buy it, save your money to holiday hits.
  26. Sep 12, 2014
    Awful game, deceptive marketing, boring, repetitive gameplay. Don't support developers who seek the easy way out to take your money. It's a shame this is what it has come to.
  27. Sep 9, 2014
    It seems a poor man's Borderlands 2, without the loot fun and the RPGish elements. Friends who got the game also spoke of disappointment, though the multiplayer has got some nice aspects to it.
  28. Jul 24, 2015
    If you make an FPS it must be compared against other online FPS games. Whether they are MMO or not, the game should be fun. The controls here are floaty and easy. Aiming for stupid enemies on a horizontal plane over and over is what you do. The use of cover or the environments is not good. What there is to explore is not exciting. The weapons you get in the beginning are not satisfying.If you make an FPS it must be compared against other online FPS games. Whether they are MMO or not, the game should be fun. The controls here are floaty and easy. Aiming for stupid enemies on a horizontal plane over and over is what you do. The use of cover or the environments is not good. What there is to explore is not exciting. The weapons you get in the beginning are not satisfying. The voice overs are mismatched and add nothing. The graphics are generally okay, but the level design is very bad. The game is playable, but it has no personality. Expand
  29. Dec 12, 2014
    Grind grind grind grind grind. Plus the grind is boring and the graphics suck on the PS3. I guess I shouldn't really expect good graphics on the PS3 though. Terrible story, boring missions, awful voice acting, it's a waste of time, should never have bothered.
  30. Nov 25, 2015
    tl;dr 2 Words: Repetitive Gameplay.

Other Things: An item system/user interface that is byzantine. A labyrinth of disconnected parts that will slowly begin to annoy you with how many clicks and menus you must go to in order do simple actions. Did I mention that the gameplay becomes stale rather quickly. I really wanted to love this game, but it went straight back to GameStop
    tl;dr 2 Words: Repetitive Gameplay.

Other Things:

Did I mention that the gameplay becomes stale rather quickly.

I really wanted to love this game, but it went straight back to GameStop after a week.

The artwork is pretty good, but can't overcome what is meant to be a seemingly endless grind fest with little payoff.

I think I read somewhere that developers said that once users got to level 20 or something people's views would completely turn around, which just goes to serve my point, apparently developers are completely delusional as to the level of boredom I am willing to go through before quitting entirely.

Almost zero story or background information. Are you on Mars? Are you on Earth? What's that big sphere? What happened to all the people?

You get maybe 1 or 2 lines about the most interesting looking parts of the game. I can only assume that larger parts of the story are revealed after X numbers of game play hours, but I'm just not that interested after a certain point.

There are no critic reviews yet.