- Summary: Choose and spearhead a group of characters into challenging battles against a variety of enemies – from earth-shattering High Dragons to demonic forces from the otherworld of the Fade. Go toe-to-toe in visceral, heroic combat as your followers fight by your side, or switch to tactical viewChoose and spearhead a group of characters into challenging battles against a variety of enemies – from earth-shattering High Dragons to demonic forces from the otherworld of the Fade. Go toe-to-toe in visceral, heroic combat as your followers fight by your side, or switch to tactical view to coordinate devastating offensives using the combined might of your party. See the tangible, visible results of your journey through a living world – raise structures, customize outposts, and change the landscape itself as environments are re-shaped in the wake of your Inquisition. Lead a party chosen from nine unique, fully-realized characters – each of whom react to your actions and choices differently, forming complex relationships both with you and with each other. Create your own character from multiple races, customize their appearance, and select their powers and abilities as the game progresses. Extensive customization options allow you to choose everything from the color of your follower’s boots to the features of your Inquisition stronghold. Become an agent of change in a time of uncertainty and upheaval. Shape the course of empires, bring war or peace to factions in conflict, and drive the ultimate fate of the Inquisition. Will you stop the cataclysmic anarchy gripping the Dragon Age? [Electronic Arts]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
E3 2014: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game Trailer at EA Press Conference
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Nov 19, 2014For a game on the ps3 this is a great game, a lot better than DA:O or DA 2. There are tons of missions and areas to explore. I think someFor a game on the ps3 this is a great game, a lot better than DA:O or DA 2. There are tons of missions and areas to explore. I think some people for some reason think this game should have the graphics that the new consoles have, that's just ignorant. Has great graphics for a ps3 game, and gameplay is by far better than the other DA games. I'm looking forward to seeing how this game looks and runs on the ps4 and pc.… Expand
Jan 11, 2016This game for me is more of a 9.5 but I rounded it up. I loved the story, character interaction and the gameplay, graphics were good. The gameThis game for me is more of a 9.5 but I rounded it up. I loved the story, character interaction and the gameplay, graphics were good. The game was really addictive and immersive, I played as a rift mage which is supposed to be the most fun idk if other classes made the game more boring for others but my experience with this game was extremely fun. I usually like medieval rpgs and this was no exception, I liked this game more than past dragon age games altho they were really good too, even liked it more than skyrim or Diablo 3, I heard this game is a completionist nightmare full off simple and boring fetch quests, but considering I am not a completionist, I just did the quests that seemed interesting to me and ignored what sounded boring, also read about all the complains on glitches, most of those are patched by now, the game played swiftly for me, no bugs, rarely any lag, this game was overall about 60 hours of fun for me, and I am considering a second playthrough which is extremely rare for me, I usually just finish a game and trade it or sell it.… Expand
Dec 19, 2014First of a few complaints: The character customization is pretty bad with no real indication of how it works, hair looks like legos andFirst of a few complaints: The character customization is pretty bad with no real indication of how it works, hair looks like legos and texture close up is pretty bad, load times are dreadful taking about a minute to finally load (luckily single player has few load screens but multiplayer if full of them) and gameplay is pretty boring as you just hold a button and occasionally when allowed hit another button to do a special, and sometime there's no clear indication of where to go and what to do, along with a pretty bad inventory system that unless you have time is an annoyance to get through. However the story is pretty engaging, everything is centered around you and you take direct impact in the plot, character are pretty unique (with several returning back) and are various, the beginning is just the worst part of it as you are weak and pretty helpless with out a party, but later on as you level up you get cool unique armor and equipment with new abilities making some battles easy others not so much. Speaking of the start: at first your put on a few linear objectives and guided by allies to do a thing, however a little later the entire world opens up to you as you're able to explore variety of landscapes, at first this is very overwhelming as you don't really know where to begin but the game does some what guide you through making it so several areas difficult so that you know what areas to explore first and then explore later. As for the quality of the game it's not so well at least of last gen, though this only hinders the experience slightly I recommend getting the PS4 version, as the PS3 (and 360) version is somewhat buggy with some quest breaking bugs causing me to either comeback to the quest another time or reload a save. I highly recommend this game to anyone who has a lot of time on their hands, anyone who buys this game but has a tight schedule so only like 1 or 2 hours of game time is a fool; the game demands patience and exploring, as such trying to run through it will hinder your experience.… Expand
Feb 27, 2015I haven't played a DA game since Origins originally released and I didn't want to play DA2 because it looked unappealing to me. I've actuallyI haven't played a DA game since Origins originally released and I didn't want to play DA2 because it looked unappealing to me. I've actually been out of the gaming world for a few years now, but I recently gained access to a PS3 so I figured I'd pick up the latest installment. I knew this game had launched for current-gen and PC but saw a PS3 version at a local game store and picked it up. Now I've been a Bioware fan for years; I've played Baulder's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire, every Mass Effect game (for some reason), and DA:O. I saw PS4 gameplay of this game and figured it would be worth a shot, and after about 35 hours in I am regretting my decision; seeing as how I can't return it for a full refund.
Before I get into my gripes with the game, I will say that the story and plot are overall pretty good and are easily the game's strongest point. There is A LOT of stuff going on here: opposing and bickering forces, a new foe to face, tons of lore to read, and a few interesting characters. I also really like the weapon/armor crafting system this game offers, it allows you to make some pretty amazing gear virtually anytime you can. The open world aspect and search function are nice and executed somewhat well, but those alone won't rise it from the depths it has fallen.
This particular port of the game is without a doubt A COMPLETE DISGRACE AND ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!
- The visuals are well below average and make the game look like it was released in 2006. Now as an RPG fan, I'm well aware that visuals/graphics alone don't make a game but this is just shameful. Objects constantly pop in and out, textures take a long while to fully load, attacks/character effects just blur together, character animations in cut scenes often fail to load completely, and environmental effects look disgusting; the trees in MGS3 Snake Eater look more polished than this!
- The gameplay is loaded with bugs that constantly impede your enjoyment of the game. Characters/NPCs appear and jump all over the place, you are constantly seeing your legs fall through the floor, basic dialog interactions with NPCs will sometimes just not work forcing you to mash the X button repeatedly until you can talk to them, it has a seemingly permanent ultra-lag effect in the Desert Oasis that causes the game to move at roughly 1 fps (seriously, 1 fps) and after three months STILL HASN'T BEEN PATCHED SO IT MAKES THAT REGION COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE, and the game has frozen on me three times now. I know there are many more I am forgetting to mention but so be it.
- The combat is completely broken, boring, and makes the game way too easy. It feels like they were trying to expose this franchise to other markets but hardcore RPG fans will be disappointed. It is extremely clunky and incredibly buggy. Dishing out commands to your allies is poorly done and they barely listen to you, especially since the "Tactics" menu is a complete joke as you have hardly any say in what they do. This franchise has been turned into an ARPG, with literally no tactics involved. Just hold R2 to attack and you've killed everything; hooray. It can be enjoyable at times, but it's very unsatisfactory because you don't feel like you're doing anything.
- Quests are dull, tedious, and extremely repetitive. Everything is a fetch quest or "take this item and place it over here". It feels like I'm playing an MMO because every quest is the same time-consuming affair. And every region contains mostly the same quests, literally. There's one for seeing all locations, one for reaching all landmarks, one for collecting all of a certain object, one for closing all enemy rifts, etc. It just wastes so much time and makes you feel like you're not doing anything interesting.
- The War Table where you progress the story and accept missions is a nice feature but falls flat. Most of the side missions you are given to do offer incredibly poor rewards and it always feels like a waste of time as you are constantly deciding which person to want to send on what mission and after careful planning you receive a meager 100 gold; I'm so thrilled I can hardly contain myself.
Now some minor things that annoyed me: You can't switch any of your controls around, so I hope you like clicking L3 because you'll be doing that a lot by using the search function which shows you the locations of items (herbs, loot, metal ore) on your mini map. This is a nice feature but if you're like me you like to collect everything in sight and tat takes up a considerable amount of time. Every time, EVERY TIME you decide to pick up something your character stops, kneels down, and picks it up. Doesn't sound bad but you will likely spend 20-30% of your time in maps just picking up stuff; it really bogged down gameplay and wore me out.
Overall, the game can be fun at times but all of the issues within it just ruin anything good here. Anyone giving this game anything higher than a 7 are, in my opinion, completely delusional.… Expand
Nov 19, 2014The ps3 port is broken with crashes, glitches, cut scene problems, gameplay sound problems, awful rendering, bad player AI, clunky UI, etc. ItThe ps3 port is broken with crashes, glitches, cut scene problems, gameplay sound problems, awful rendering, bad player AI, clunky UI, etc. It looks awful and shouldn't have been released on non-next-gen consoles if it looks that bad. The story is very slow paced and bland. The characters are very one-dimensional. The game feels like it was made specifically for the DA:2 audience and needs you to rely on it's bland back-story to fully appreciate everything around DA:I. It relies heavily on fetch quests or action gameplay rather then story and character development. Nothing really memorable about this game.… Expand
Nov 23, 2014Very few spells, mediocre story and character development, combat is fast paced and not tactical anymore. This game has lost everything thatVery few spells, mediocre story and character development, combat is fast paced and not tactical anymore. This game has lost everything that defined the first Dragon Age game. This game is even worse than Dragon Age 2. It has, however, reasonable graphics, and a very large world. It has many things to do, but they are rarely entertaining because combat isn't fun anymore.… Expand
Aug 2, 2017I love the series however, the game stoped working after several weeks of play on my PS3 and wouldn't load. I contacted electronic arts and psI love the series however, the game stoped working after several weeks of play on my PS3 and wouldn't load. I contacted electronic arts and ps store who told me I couldn't have a refund even though the game doesn't work. What a rip off! No time for this. I also have a ps4 and could have played it on there but if course you have to buy the game a second time to do this. Another rip off. Customer relations very poor. Wouldn't recommend. Buy a game that works instead.… Expand