7.4

1. Nov 18, 2014
    i like this game so much. it looks nice on last-gen. with pretty aw some storyline. maybe it has some lags but co mon its a 7 years old platform. i still like it
  2. Nov 19, 2014
    I love this game! Far cry 3 was one of my favorite games but then Far cry 4 comes out! I would recommend this game to anyone. I like the fact that you can attack fortresses and eventually stop enemies from retaking outposts.
  3. Feb 16, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is outdated Compare to Dying Light both are Open World Games

Far Cry 4
    Cons: No Co Op until Beaten 3/4 Game.
    Cons: No Co Op for both Side Mission and Story Mission.
    Cons: Co Op only for Side Mission.
    Cons: Only 2 Player Co Op.
  4. Mar 15, 2015
    I have to admit. As I bought this game in last December. I have played this game more and more what I have expected from it. Even if it's a reskin from the earlier FC3 but Far Cry 4 makes so much right than wrong so it deserves honorable mention. Even there's no Multiplayer custom community map fps battles Far Cry 4 still have made few interesting new stuff here. Helicopter to fly,I have to admit. As I bought this game in last December. I have played this game more and more what I have expected from it. Even if it's a reskin from the earlier FC3 but Far Cry 4 makes so much right than wrong so it deserves honorable mention. Even there's no Multiplayer custom community map fps battles Far Cry 4 still have made few interesting new stuff here. Helicopter to fly, elephants to ride and the story map is even bigger. As I am a huge Far Cry fan, Far Cry 4 shows great gameplay and new features, like Borderlands did to there sequel. "It's a reskin, but great one." Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2016
    For the ones who have played Far Cry 3, i am sure the game is a little bit of a disappointment, owing to the a weaker storyline. For me, who started with FarCry 4 first and now playing 3, i enjoyed the gameplay thoroughly.

The story was grasping but most of all i loads of tasks and quests which stitched the game together. Not trying to finish the next main mission without getting stronger was a valuable lesson.

In all, an excellent game to get your hands on, made me get Far Cry 3, which is even more awesome.
  6. Aug 15, 2018
    game of the year 2018 haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  7. Nov 18, 2014
    this game is huge and amazing it maybe a copy from far cry 3 but it is a damn good one and it is way better than far cry 3 and far cry 3 was one of my top games but this is even a better experience i recommend it
  8. Nov 26, 2014
    Briefly, UBISOFT always delivers i'm playing it on PS3 and honestly it's an awesome product, and this proves that PS3 is still a performant consol unlike what they said about it in the Shadow of mordor Review that PS3 is weak for next Gen games, i always say PRO IS PRO and UBISOFT is a PRO company indeed.
  9. Dec 2, 2014
    The past few UBISOFT games have had a lot of problems , that's right AC UNITY , I'm talking bout you . Far Cry 4 delivered . The moment I got on I was thrown into a wild adventure , exploring kyrat was very fun . Gunplay is great . The story , well the game didn't have much of a story besides the whole , pagan min hates golden path lets kill him . I've never much cared about story if aThe past few UBISOFT games have had a lot of problems , that's right AC UNITY , I'm talking bout you . Far Cry 4 delivered . The moment I got on I was thrown into a wild adventure , exploring kyrat was very fun . Gunplay is great . The story , well the game didn't have much of a story besides the whole , pagan min hates golden path lets kill him . I've never much cared about story if a game has fun gameplay so I quickly passed that . Overall the game was pretty much FC 3 .5 , but in my eyes that's a good thing because much of what FC 3 did right , is still here . Expand
  10. Nov 19, 2014
    Eu coloquei em poucas horas já, e até agora, estou impressionado! Os controles são muito mais suave quando comparado com Far Cry 3 eu gosto desses graphics são muito bons para a old gen. acho que esse jogo salvou a ubisoft esse ano haha.
  11. Jan 8, 2015
    All these negative reviews are a mystery to me. I found Far Cry 4 to be a big step up from its predecessor.
    It uses all the good mechanics from Far Cry 3 and adds in more weapons, side quests, odd jobs and much more. The setting of Kyrat, is the best Far Cry landscape to me, locations are interesting, and getting around is a lot more fun as you can use a grapple to scale walls and mountains, different types of vehicles are available including the Buzzer (a basic gyrocopter). The main villain, Pagan Min, is awesome, calm and collective with ruthless ideals that he is not afraid to carry out. Not quite Vaas, but definitely my preferred antagonist. This is basically Far Cry 3 but everything is done better.
    Overall a great game with a very interesting storyline that some may find better or worse than Far Cry 3.
    Didn't experience any frame rate issues although the odd lag pops in rarely but understandable due to the immense scale of the map.

Gameplay: 9/10, could have been more side missions (plenty of activities but too repetitive).
    Graphics: 8/10, graphics are on par if not a little better than Far Cry 3, very good for current gen.
    Storyline: 8.5/10, great storyline that most will love, but some will shunt when comparing to Far Cry 3.
    For PS3 this is an amazing game that everyone must give a go at some point regardless if you've played any others.
  12. Dec 1, 2014
    Now I had a much more bigger and more impressive review of Far Cry 4 but I've been having a lot of internet problems so I lost the whole review and I am so annoyed by that and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I will say that Far Cry 4 is definitely worth buying but if you still want a proper explanation, watch the IGN review Far Cry 4, it doesn't share all of my exact points ofNow I had a much more bigger and more impressive review of Far Cry 4 but I've been having a lot of internet problems so I lost the whole review and I am so annoyed by that and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I will say that Far Cry 4 is definitely worth buying but if you still want a proper explanation, watch the IGN review Far Cry 4, it doesn't share all of my exact points of the game but most of my points are on the review. Expand
  13. Jan 29, 2015
    One of my favorite franchise. It is easy to play, even for non professionnal gamers. The story was much more intense in the 3rd opus but the India setting is really great. The solo campaign is well balanced. And the animals are bringing something fun !
  14. Jan 9, 2015
    good storyline, great graphics, but the co-op is a piece of crap i created an account on this site just to say how terrible the co-op is and now i need 16 more characters so i can submit my review of this game
  15. Apr 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished playing Farcry 4 and I can't understand why it reviewed so high. I gave it 4/10 because: the environment was beautiful and player friendly, minimizing falls and no lag. Indeed Bethseda can learn a great deal from that. Also, the Buzzers were cool getting me to far off places in little time, but i hated that they would disappear when I went exploring nearby. There were too many unnecessary animal attacks and karma event skirmishes. The Tiger perks were awful and the vehicles handled poorly. Why do I ahve to liberate so many bell towers and outposts to get good weapons. The treasure chests and inflated sale price of items broke immersion and made the game feel arcade like.I wanted to see fully customizable weapons, a better civil war storyline with more emphasis on storytelling between Badra, Ajay, Sabal and Amita. I hated the ending where some idiot developer tried to seem cleaver and do a 'mind **** plot twist with Mohan Gale, Ishwari Gale and Pagan Min. I find it impossible to believe that Ishwari the co-founder of the Golden Path and former Tarun Matara would betray her ideals and fall in love with a bloodthirsty, drug dealer like Pagan Min and have a love child. What's the message there Ubisoft? Evil prevails against good , or drug dealers are cool, or how about the one I got. Eject the disc and forget about the game and don't EVER buy another Farcry game. Farcry has always been **** with story telling, they could learn a lot from Fallout: New Vegas. How about handcrafted dungeons like Skyrim, or Skyrim's excellent HUD for open world exploration. How about a civil war storyline where you can side with Amita or Sabal or Badra or do things to further Ajay's interests. How about a much better explanation for the Mohan Gale/Ishwari Gale/Pagan Min situation. How about an altitude perk for the buzzers and rocket mods. How about a better reward for defeating the Rakshasa in Shangri La than a few XP points and an item storage system. I wanted a path where Ajay would become King of Kyrat and how about some payback for that **** Willis. Come on Ubisoft we the gamer who bought your product feel cheated by your half assed RPG and demand an update to fix it. Expand
  16. Nov 13, 2015
    Performs well on PS3. The glitches are fun at worst.

If you're not familiar with Far Cry 3, it can be described as a shooter game about taking over territories. Those territories can be forts, villages, radio towers and so on. The radio towers are slightly puzzle influenced, but it's nothing mindbending. The campaign is relatively varied, with stealth and epic action and some surprises.
    Performs well on PS3. The glitches are fun at worst.

Online multiplayer works well too, and I easily found a coop buddy with a microphone so we could take some forts together. Overall, coop was a good time, and the campaign was as epic as you'd expect from an AAA game.

The open-world map did not seem too well laid out. Travel time felt like a chore much of the time, side activities were spread out pretty thin on the huge map, and the radio was not as entertaining as the one in the GTA series. If you are out of other options, and you have a thing for open-world action, Far Cry 4 would appeal quite a lot. Just don't expect something new.

Extra point awarded for a cross-gen title that works well on PS3 so late in the console's lifespan.
  17. Nov 16, 2015
    Far Cry 3 or 4 ? I give 8 to FC3 and 9 to FC4.
    Far Cry 3 or 4 ? I give 8 to FC3 and 9 to FC4.
    Good graphic, not so bad story and some news elements. 1. Choice: you have to choose the mission of one of your allies, and when mission is done you must account to the other. 2. Himalaya : some missions are in hight altitude. 3. Gyroptère : very cool to reach not-so-easy-treasure now. 4. Graplle hook : somme moutains have this facility. 5. Aleatories events to gain karma. 6. Possibility to re-capture forts and forts are sometimes invades again by opponents. Always lot of secondary missions. If you liked FC3 you'll appreciated FC4.
  18. Jul 21, 2015
    Really enjoyed this game. Its like Far Cry 3 but with new things added. There is A LOT to see and do and the controls are flawless. If you like it I'd recommend Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon.
  19. Sep 27, 2016
    Only picked this up for the PS3 because it came bundled with Far Cry 3 for $15, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this game much because I was coming straight out of Far Cry 3 and was playing it on the PS3 (I played the demo on PS4 it looked amazing). However Ubisoft surprised me and it ran better than Far Cry 3 and still looked really good. The game play is a tune up from Far Cry 3 which isOnly picked this up for the PS3 because it came bundled with Far Cry 3 for $15, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this game much because I was coming straight out of Far Cry 3 and was playing it on the PS3 (I played the demo on PS4 it looked amazing). However Ubisoft surprised me and it ran better than Far Cry 3 and still looked really good. The game play is a tune up from Far Cry 3 which is good because Far Cry 3 was fine as it was. The story and characters were pretty good as well. There are a few graphical glitches, some of the pre rendered clips look a bit pixelated and there are some frame drops, however if you're looking for a good time on last gen consoles I would consider picking this game up. Expand
  20. Jul 28, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is a good game. It has a few annoying features and the occasional bug, but the gunplay is solid and the characters are interesting. I don't think it's as good as Far Cry 3, but that could just be me.
  21. Feb 18, 2016
    I LOVED playing this game! My brother got me started back on video games since I was too depressed after the last Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games had come out. I played a few games including Far Cry 3, but Far Cry 4 just sang to me! I loved the missions where you had to chose a side. It made me question so hard on whom to choose Anika or Sabal. Eventually, I ended up restarting a few timesI LOVED playing this game! My brother got me started back on video games since I was too depressed after the last Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games had come out. I played a few games including Far Cry 3, but Far Cry 4 just sang to me! I loved the missions where you had to chose a side. It made me question so hard on whom to choose Anika or Sabal. Eventually, I ended up restarting a few times to chose both. Pagan was the man! Like a wealthy, slightly less crazy (I guess) joker as a tyrant. H I also loved how well together the story line fit in with the setting! Also, the many ways to keep the game rolling, and it didn't end too quickly. I wish I could erase my memory of playing this game and keep having the same reactions I did when I first played it a few times. Hope Primal is just as good, if not better. I loved the online game play too! I just loved the game! Expand
  22. Mar 28, 2017
    In technical terms, Far Cry 4 has good graphics (even on PS3) and the open world is big enough and offers a decent amount of free exploration and secondary missions. However, storyline is too plain and it gives the impression of not being enough; the game could have been much more epic in this sense. Despite not being the best, it is an enjoyable and recommendable sandbox, more focused onIn technical terms, Far Cry 4 has good graphics (even on PS3) and the open world is big enough and offers a decent amount of free exploration and secondary missions. However, storyline is too plain and it gives the impression of not being enough; the game could have been much more epic in this sense. Despite not being the best, it is an enjoyable and recommendable sandbox, more focused on action than on any other aspect. Expand
  23. Jul 10, 2017
    This plays almost EXACTLY like Far Cry 3, with the exception of it being set in the mountains. That isn't a bad thing if you enjoyed the FC3, which I did. It almost felt as if both of the titles were in the works side by side and FC3 was completed well before FC4's project was finished.

The only major differences this time around are obviously the story and the surrounding environments. In comparison, I feel AJs story wasn't as compelling simply because of the morality choices you have to make in the game. (Which, mind you, doesnt really change all that much)

A good part of the story was going against all of Pagin's Lieutenants. Some of those experiences were pretty cool and really built me up to the point I'd face Pagin Min himself. Sadly, the endgame experience with him is very short. (But satisfying, nonetheless!)

FC4 doesn't have the same bang as its predecessor, just a lesser experience in contrast to the jungle paradise of Far Cry 3.
  24. Feb 16, 2018
    Nice game
    Good story, nice Graphics, Gameplay, Great Graphics
    the game earns more love cause the open world is massive and full of things to do
  25. Jan 21, 2018
    Take Far Cry 3, remove the interesting villains from that game, change the main character to someone even less interesting than Jason ( never thought that was possible ) and you have Far Cry 4. Since it is almost a carbon copy from Far Cry 3, the combat is once again excellent, and it definitely elevates the game to a higher level, but that doesnt change the fact that this was anTake Far Cry 3, remove the interesting villains from that game, change the main character to someone even less interesting than Jason ( never thought that was possible ) and you have Far Cry 4. Since it is almost a carbon copy from Far Cry 3, the combat is once again excellent, and it definitely elevates the game to a higher level, but that doesnt change the fact that this was an unnecessary game easily modeled after the previous one. Expand
  26. Feb 19, 2019
    !@#$%^&*(&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%$#$%^&*&^%$#$%^&*&^%$#@$%^&*&^$#$%^&*^$#$^&*(*&^$#@#$^&*

There are no critic reviews yet.