• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 13, 2011
8.6

1. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)Os dois melhores jogos do PSP no PS3 :) recomendo a todso que gostaram dos jogos anteriores,os fão não vão se decepcionar,gráficos muito bons se levarmos em conta que se trata apenas de uma versão HD de 2 jogos feitos para o PSP
  2. Nov 19, 2014
    What a great Collection, offering to console gamers two games that they may have never be able to play (as there is a LOT less of PSP owners than PS2 owners I'm sure I wasn't the only one in that case) of one of the most epic saga the modern video games have to offer. Those two episodes from Ready At Dawn are equals to the ones from Santa Monica and therefore a must-have for almostWhat a great Collection, offering to console gamers two games that they may have never be able to play (as there is a LOT less of PSP owners than PS2 owners I'm sure I wasn't the only one in that case) of one of the most epic saga the modern video games have to offer. Those two episodes from Ready At Dawn are equals to the ones from Santa Monica and therefore a must-have for almost everyone (it stills very violent, and if you can't stand beat'em all it will most likely not change). The job done to porting those PSP games to PS3 is great.
    The only thing that holds back those game from the hall of fame of video game its their length count 12 hours for the TWO games. But as they come one with another this is not a matter when rating God Of War Origins Collection.
    Absolutely great game, can't wait to see what the guys from Ready At Dawn will do on PS4 with The Order.
  3. Sep 25, 2011
    All i have to say is Wow these games are absolutely fantastic,i have played all god of war games and for some reason i can't get sick of them.Games are just as good as the ps2(ps3 collection) ones,and i would also like to give props to Ready At Dawn,they sure know what they are doing.thanks for porting.
  4. Oct 5, 2011
    AWSOME. I never played the originals on the PSP so this was a great opportunity for me. The games look AMAZING and I could not believe a handheld could offer such mature and complete experiences. Great HD overhaul, congrats, Sony! MUST NOT BE MISSED.
  5. Oct 1, 2011
    This is a great collection of two of the PSP's finest games. Both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta deliver the heavy hitting gameplay of their console brethren. In HD and with dual analog support, both games look and feel fantastic and really add to Kratos' overall saga, humanizing the rage-filled man turned god. Ghost of Sparta is an especially outstanding effort. Additionally, ReadyThis is a great collection of two of the PSP's finest games. Both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta deliver the heavy hitting gameplay of their console brethren. In HD and with dual analog support, both games look and feel fantastic and really add to Kratos' overall saga, humanizing the rage-filled man turned god. Ghost of Sparta is an especially outstanding effort. Additionally, Ready at Dawn (the developers for both of these PSP titles) deserves kudos for doing such a fantastic job and though I know the saga is currently over, I honestly hope they're working on another God of War game on the PS Vita. Expand
  6. Apr 23, 2012
    After the universal acclaim received by God of War Collection, it was natural for the two PSP God of War games to hit the PlayStation 3 as another HD collection. And Origins is as good as its predecessor. Many missed Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta due to their PSP-exclusive releases, but now everyone has another chance to play both these terrific games. The conversion to HD wasAfter the universal acclaim received by God of War Collection, it was natural for the two PSP God of War games to hit the PlayStation 3 as another HD collection. And Origins is as good as its predecessor. Many missed Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta due to their PSP-exclusive releases, but now everyone has another chance to play both these terrific games. The conversion to HD was impressive, and Ready at Dawn fixed the menu-stretching problems their first collection presented. Now and then you can notice that these games were originally for a portable console due to some bland backgrounds, but the graphics are still wonderful. Both games have good stories and gameplay was improved for the use of both analog sticks. If you never played these games, here is your chance. If you have already played these games, here is your chance to do it again. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    This is a great collection of games, two of the best PSP games remastered in high definition and both get trophies with a plantinum. This is the best way to play these two great games
  8. Nov 19, 2013
    Sin duda Sony se supera dia tras dia,una de las mejores (para mi,la mejor) sagas de la historia de los videojuegos,si te gusta Kratos,esto es una compra obligada si o si y si no lo eres ya es hora de que compruebes porque caeras.
  9. Feb 23, 2014
    These 2 games are great to play especially if you are a fan of the series. God of War COO takes place before God of War 1 and God of War GOS takes place between God of War 1 and 2 and the stories are great. Everything is the same as the other God of War games expect for the graphics which aren't as great as God of War 3 since these were originally PSP games. However, this is a must buy!
  10. Feb 8, 2015
    I loved ths 2 games (exept the part u are at helio's temple) and i was happy to play them on ps3.They suit flowless with Kratos' main story but they go any further(but i didn't really care abou this) .The gameplay is awesome although they are psp games and can be compared with ps3 games.If u play them u will understand some new reasons why Kratos is so upset and angry with the Gods
  11. Sep 14, 2011
    Two great games bumped up to HD doesn't get any better. Don't expect GOW3 graphics because remember these are psp games that said its all worth while and a great play for fans or anyone looking to just rip some heads off with a great soundtrack and voice acting. A must own even if you played em on the psp as I did.
  12. Sep 15, 2011
    Two of the best games on the PSP have been made better for the PS3. Now with improved visuals, performance and controls these games are perfect. Gameplay in both games in just as great as you'd expect from a God of War game, the graphics a great especially when considering that these are remastered PSP games, the musical score and voice acting is flawless and the stories are amazing. BuyTwo of the best games on the PSP have been made better for the PS3. Now with improved visuals, performance and controls these games are perfect. Gameplay in both games in just as great as you'd expect from a God of War game, the graphics a great especially when considering that these are remastered PSP games, the musical score and voice acting is flawless and the stories are amazing. Buy this collection, it's a bargain price for two very high quality games. Expand
  13. Sep 15, 2011
    You can now play all 5 awesome God of War games on the PS3! The God of War: Origins Collections consists of 2 perfectly made games that'll more than impress any God of War fan who didn't play them on the PSP or any fan of the genre in general. These games are amazing, don't hesitate, BUY NOW!
  14. Sep 16, 2011
    I can't praise these games enough! Both are extrememly well made in every way and are very fun and if you haven't already, now's the perfect time to get into the God of War franchise now that you can play all 5 games in chronological order on the PS3! Simply EPIC!
  15. Sep 15, 2011
    Awesome deal. You can't go wrong with this dual pack. Both games look stunning. Even better than those on the collection of PS2 and these are PSP games!!! 3d adds a new field of depth that looks great and would like to see a full ps3 god of war on 3d. Great story, great game play.
  16. Sep 18, 2011
    This is a great addition to my God of War PS3 collection. Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta have been graphically up-scaled frame-by-frame to 1080p and looks and sounds (5.1 Dolby Digital) amazing. I am a big GoW fan and they did an amazing job on this one. A must-have!
  17. Sep 19, 2011
    why the **** this game dosnt come 2 PC??? i hv played this on PS3 nd i want it 2 cme 2 PC.......... as the graphics nd visuals are aws0me nd v pc platformers r waiting for this game 2 release on pc v r tired of playing by the means of the emulator.........
  18. Jul 25, 2012
    I've only played a few hours of COO on my psp, but I finished GOS on my PS3. But it doesn't matter because GOS earns this game a 10 by itself. GOS is probably the best paced gow of them all. Sure, it's pretty easy on normal but that is fine because it let's me easily make it through the game on my first play, and then really dig into the harder difficulties without feeling like I have toI've only played a few hours of COO on my psp, but I finished GOS on my PS3. But it doesn't matter because GOS earns this game a 10 by itself. GOS is probably the best paced gow of them all. Sure, it's pretty easy on normal but that is fine because it let's me easily make it through the game on my first play, and then really dig into the harder difficulties without feeling like I have to always push forward just to make it through the game. It didn't have the rediculous difficulty spikes of the others. A great game. Expand
  19. Sep 21, 2011
    Go But it! Go Buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game has some much content. If you have a ps3 go buy this fun game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it you own them on Psp still by it!
  20. Sep 27, 2011
    It's still fantastic package for this serie fans, but few things should be made better. First of all - checkpoint system. It's atrocious in CoO and mediocre in GoS. Remastered versions shouldn't have technical problems like this. Graphics might be better, but it's little cons. The most inmportant thing - Kratos has still power to give you many hours of intensive fun.
  21. Dec 27, 2015
    Gameplay: 1 (Unplayable)
    Fun: 1 (You can't Have Fun)
    Story: 7 (Story is set during Era 5000BC to 500BC)
    Cast: 7 (Great)
    Score: 1/10

Overrated By All should got less then 7.8s
  22. Jun 30, 2018
    Game: God of War Origins Collection
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Ready at Dawn Publisher: Sony System: Playstation 3 (PS3) Year of Release: 2011 Length of Playthrough: 13 Hours Total Score: 92/100 Value Score: 9.2/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 8/10 • Player Value: 10/10
    Game: God of War Origins Collection
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Ready at Dawn
    Publisher: Sony
    System: Playstation 3 (PS3)
    Year of Release: 2011

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 8/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Two games in one collection
    +HD Remastered at 1080p and 60 FPS
    +Dualshock 3 Rumble support
    +Trophy Support
    +Stereoscopic 3D Support
    +Post game content consists of harder difficulties, challenges, costumes and developer videos

Cons
    -Can be very short and small amount of boss battles
  23. Nov 4, 2015
    More God of War goodness. Ports of the PSP titles of which I would never have been able to play. Sure the graphics are not up to par with the PS2 HD upgrades let along GOW3 but they still do the job.
    Both games play as you would expect, they're a hell of a lot of fun, cool boss fights and your usual brutal boss beat downs.
    I played through both of them in 3D which was an added bonus.
    I played through both of them in 3D which was an added bonus.
    Both of these games are vital to Kratos' canon and should not me missed, especially by fans
  24. Sep 15, 2016
    ótimo game, gostei muito. o mais legal em minha opinião for o spartan, mas os dois são muito bons. meus parabéns para a Santa Mônica e para a sony por essa grande franquia.
  25. Apr 10, 2017
    As good as God of War I and II. Sometimes it doesn't even look like a PSP game, despite graphic quality being obviously lower.

It was a great opportunity for me to play these two games. I have played all the God of War games (except Ascension), and all of them on PS3.
  26. Jul 29, 2019
    Two good titles of the saga, but despite having ALMOST all the necessary elements to live up to the numbered titles of PS2, they cannot be. This remastered version meets in Chains of Olympus, where the game looks and runs perfect, however in Ghost of Sparta it seems that 100% performance was not optimized and this second title is somewhat lower also in the final result. Even so, as aTwo good titles of the saga, but despite having ALMOST all the necessary elements to live up to the numbered titles of PS2, they cannot be. This remastered version meets in Chains of Olympus, where the game looks and runs perfect, however in Ghost of Sparta it seems that 100% performance was not optimized and this second title is somewhat lower also in the final result. Even so, as a Spartan fan, this is a collection that you shouldn't miss. Expand

1. Play UK
    Nov 27, 2011
    For those looking to flesh out their God of War experience, however, Volume II is a nice addition, if by no means essential. [Issue#210, p.90]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 31, 2011
    If only all HD remakes looked like the God of War Collection. Two perfect stories await you for the price of one – what are you waiting for? [Oct 2011]
  3. Oct 27, 2011
    To fans of the series, particularly those that haven't played the PSP games before, there's really no reason not to pick up this well packaged collection. Chains of Olympus provides an engaging story for its six hours, whilst Ghost of Sparta has some spectacular set pieces over its lengthier ten hours, with both having the solid combat and strong item utility that has made God of War so popular.