8.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Didn't really give this game a chance, but I've had this game for a few days and had to sell it. I just didn't like it. It looked like a game for 8 year old's too be honest. I believe this game was meant for people to destroy everything and create chaos, and I'm not into those. The character's voice you're playing pissed me off also lol... and yeah weak story= waste of 60$
  2. Sep 14, 2013
    As a newbie to the Just Cause franchise, I found this to be incredibly frustrating and needed to search the Internet for answers for even the most basic tasks.
  3. Dec 18, 2013
    I love games like this. An open world and so much freedom to buy weapons, order weapondrops and vehicles by helicopter. Mercenaries was one of the most entertaining games I've played. Mercenaries 2 was a let down and that's why I was excited about Just Cause 2, these games are very similar.
    I'll get right down to my problem: The grapling hook and the controls off this game are counter-intuitive, they are just awful. The graphling hook doesn't work either, I try to shoot a building and pull myself up but always fall down. That makes this game useless and unplayable. It's such a pity because the world is so big and there's so much to do, so much destruction to be caused and so much fun to be had... if only it would be playable at least.
  4. Jul 6, 2015
    Just Cause 2 is personally one of my most hated games ever! Thank God I only spent $20! Allow me to continue...

Story - The storyline is absolutely non-existent in this game. There are roughly 10 story missions which would take 2-3 hours tops to complete if they weren't locked behind open world requirements in which you had to destroy X amount of **** to unlock them. Voice Acting -

Voice Acting - It is horrendous and cringe worthy. Any line of dialog made me want to puke, not literally but you get what I mean. The dialog is that bad that I cannot find any other words to describe it.

World - Is massive, maybe a little too big and areas such as the sandy desert, snowy mountains and forest are very bland particularly between key locations and areas of interest. Only the military bases where some effort has been put in to make them feel unique, emphasize some. However the open world's main downfall is that it is absolutely dead. There is barely traffic on the roads and civilians are nowhere to be seen even in the city region.

Driving - Is crap and clunky.

Shooting - Is crap and clunky.

Destruction/Chaos - Nothing that couldn't be done in a GTA game which offers more than just mind numbing destruction.

All this game offers is mind numbing destruction which loses it appeal very quickly especially when the mechanics to carry out such a feat are clunky as hell.

If you are one of those guys who enjoys a story as an integral part of their experience then this game is not for you. If you have grown out of the nostalgic boyhood days when playing GTA where you used to run around causing absolute mayhem for no particular reason, then this game is definitely not for you!!! Game offers nothing other than destruction which gets tiring after 10 hours.

1. Games Master UK
    All things considered, Just Cause 2 is comfortably the best "zany" sandboxer out there, and a brilliantly improved sequel to the great-if-flawed original. [Apr 2010, p.60]
  2. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  3. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]