6.3

1. Jun 16, 2011
    I've played the previous Dual of the Planeswalkers and I've got to say, this one is MUCH better. Not many features has been added, but the simple fact that I can edit the full deck and not just the unlockable cards is a major improvement. Also, it's to be noted that we are still dealing with the same decks ( artifacts, equipments, etc.) as we were in the previous, but the 2012 added MANYI've played the previous Dual of the Planeswalkers and I've got to say, this one is MUCH better. Not many features has been added, but the simple fact that I can edit the full deck and not just the unlockable cards is a major improvement. Also, it's to be noted that we are still dealing with the same decks ( artifacts, equipments, etc.) as we were in the previous, but the 2012 added MANY new cards that changed the whole dynamic of each one of those decks. In example, the equipment deck is now fearsome while tezzeret is now not so good. As for the archenemy mode, as it has already been reported, the difficulty level is incredibly high. It's more about finding the right deck combination to beat the boss than actual magic "skills". In conclusion, I've been a MTG for many years and this game can satisfy me when I have a craving. I would definitely recommend this game to every player interested. Even the ones that never played before. There is a good tutorial system that will explain the terms and strategies to be used.

-fr3ddyc
  2. Jun 20, 2011
    I have to say, its a big improvement from the previous game, the general layout is much better. Edit the full deck is a MASSIVE improvement. I have not played Magic since my school days, and its really fun to get back in the game 12 years later and play online and pick up cards without losing all my money on real cards, excellent for casual magic players like me.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 22, 2011
    I absolutely love Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. The game is a huge improvement over the original 2011 release and a great video game representation of the card game although not completely accurate. There are still some rooms of improvement in order to replicate the actual card-playing experience, but the developers are definitely on the right track.
  2. Play UK
    Aug 9, 2011
    Far more interesting than it first appears. [Issue#208, p.98]
  3. games(TM)
    Aug 8, 2011
    For the most part this is an excellent strategy game with plenty of mileage. [Issue#112, p.128]