7.9

1. Nero
    Apr 1, 2007
    It's not really fair that this is being compared to virtua fighter 5 because it's not a new game. It's the arcade game (hence the lack of modes) that has been put on PS3 with some graphics updates for HD, Hi-res play. Once of the main reasons for it is to appease people trying to do tekken tournaments with this game, which gets really hard at an arcade with one game, and It's not really fair that this is being compared to virtua fighter 5 because it's not a new game. It's the arcade game (hence the lack of modes) that has been put on PS3 with some graphics updates for HD, Hi-res play. Once of the main reasons for it is to appease people trying to do tekken tournaments with this game, which gets really hard at an arcade with one game, and you can't do them on the PSP. $20 for this is amazing. Expand
  2. DannyG.
    May 9, 2007
    Excellent game wicked characters, and still has a great fighting system.
  3. StefannoD.
    Aug 20, 2007
    Cheap and nice game, there is not a online mode, only arcade mode and the ghost battle (the arcade game without end, u play until get bored), not the best in the series.
  4. NeoC.
    Jun 18, 2007
    Definately not on of the best in the series. Compared to VF, the moves and graphics suffer, and the game hasn't really moved into the HD era just yet. Although you're running at 1080p, you still see some rough edges which you don't expect, and realise this is just a rush job to cash in on the public's demand for new ps3 content. I'll wait for Tekken 6.
  5. AlanD.
    Jul 14, 2007
    I haven't played a tekken game since tekkn 3, so I was rusty when I started playing this game. No practice mode didn't help matters. But for $20 it is a steal. Still, I was expecting the character endings, which is why i can only give a 7.
  6. JoelM.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Solid game, HD graphics are great. This game will keep me busy while Soul Calibur IV comes out.
  7. Aug 20, 2019
    This is not a review, just the only way to keep a list of ratings on my account.
  8. Jan 10, 2015
    hey guyzzz checkout Tekken 6 apk android [iso+cso] rom free download for [psp+ppsspp] .................http://apkgamesx.blogspot.in/2014/06/arcane-legends-mod-money-v1101-apk.html
  9. Jun 23, 2016
    Tekken 5 dark resurrection is amazing ps3/psn game, It's good thing that jinpachi mishima became playabe instead of unplayable character, get tekken 5 dark resurrection it's awesome.
  10. Sep 17, 2018
    The original version was lacking many modes and the customization system is poor. I would give this a five out of ten.

A excellent second update which is called Tekken Dark Resurrection: Online is on the Playstation 3 but can only be downloaded if you have the original version. It has much more content than the original PSP and first PS3 version. It includes the classic Tekken 5 stages, more customization options, more game modes and Jinpachi Mishima as a playable character but his moveset is watered down.

The only reason why its not getting a 9 or perfect 10 is the lack of other noticeable modes such as Story Mode, Team Battle Mode, Time Attack Mode and Bonus Games.

It is still a fun game. Get the online update. It's much better.

What you're basically getting for your 20 bucks (you read that right) is a skeletal single-player or 1-on-1 versus game. It is cool that we're finally able to get our hands on what was once an arcade/handheld only, but it's pretty much just that. What's offered is nice enough, but it's not much of a stretch to think that Namco could have included a little bit more.
    There's no sense in mincing words: Tekken 5 doesn't come close to capturing the full graphical potential of the PlayStation 3. In fact, as far as next-gen brawlers go, it's a bit on the homely side.
  3. Dark Resurrection doesn't have all of the extra features you might expect from a console release of a Tekken game, but this is offset by the pretty fair price and the fact that you can finally play the game on any size TV screen you have and with an arcade stick (like, say, the Hori Fighting Stick 3), to boot.