7.9

1. Mar 23, 2018
    So this unmatched "A way out" came out. The first for a long time, a quality game for two on one screen. Forty minutes and I'm already in nirvana. I think this will be a great adventure.
  2. Mar 26, 2018
    Excellent game for couch coop. Me and my wife had a great time playing it during weekend. The game is a really enjoyable mix of mini-games and decent storytelling. Pacing is really nice as it tends to stop action-packed gameplay with some slow and relaxing gameplay once in a while. I did not like the ending but I think it is a matter of opinion. A game worth playing if you are a couch coop fan.
  3. Mar 27, 2018
    A way out review

A way out review

An emotional story driven co op adventure that breaks new ground for splitscreen gameplay. This game must be played with a friend as there is no Single player but after playing the game i see why. The only way this game could work is with co op with a real person. Without spoilers an ai just wouldn't be capable of doing so also the game is immensely fun. Lasting around 6 hours and warranting multiple playrhroughs the game is a great value for your money, next to brothers this is one of my fav games of all time. The gameplay is fun and rarely ever repetive. The graphics are great for an indie and the story is well written and paced. I came to love the characters and even felt genuinely depressed at some points in the game. Quite an emotional tale is told here which i won't spoil. There are some issues such as bugs and occasional freezes and the story feels kinda short but these are small issues in an otherwise phenomenal game. Overall it's one of the best co op experiences out there as well as one of the best games I've played. I hope Josef fares continues to make indie masterpieces such as this and brothers. He and his team are great designers and we need more games like these. Well worth the price. 9.5/10
  4. May 13, 2018
    A unique co-op experience that excels in story telling and game play mechanics, I thoroughly enjoyed this game and never got bored with it once, worth picking up for anyone who likes co-op games.
  5. Apr 5, 2018
    Introduction: A Way Out is a third person action co-op game from the director behind the hit game, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. As a co-op only game, it’s a hard sell in this day and age of gaming, but the studio behind this game pulls off a spectacular job at a game that could have gone wrong in many ways.

Story: You play as Leo and Vincent, a pair of felons that have similar goals of

Story: You play as Leo and Vincent, a pair of felons that have similar goals of escaping prison and getting revenge on a crime boss that has wrong both of them. Sounds simple in concept but the journey of the course of this 8-hour adventure makes this a memorable story. Very emotional and has enough twist and turn in the story keep it fresh the whole way through. If you’re looking for a good story to play with your friend, I highly recommend this game.

Gameplay: The gameplay can be hit and miss with some people due to how many genres it tackles. There’s adventure click and point gameplay, third-person shooting, top-down chases, quick time events and stealth segments rolled into one. On top of this, there are many activities to do with your friend in the form of mini-games. I won’t spoil these segments here but they are some of the best parts of this game. All of this works well together, keeps the game from getting dull and gives you more of a reason to talk to your friend about the events in the game. The only complaint is that the shooting segments can be a bit stiff and are awkward to get used to. They could have also put a little less quick time events in the game but the gameplay is fun and satisfying if not a little stale if your planning multiple playthroughs.

Technical: For such a low budget, the game looks great. Animations can be a bit rough at times but nothing too noticeable. The soundtrack is ok but nothing truly noteworthy. Plays great, no stutter and ran smoothly, even when playing online. Great game on the technical side of things. I should also note that a friend can play the whole game free if someone with the game invites them, which is a nice gesture from the company who made this.

Verdict. A Way Out is an amazing co-op game that you should show to your friends. Great story, fun gameplay, and an overall technical marvel. With some stiff shooting control and not many reasons to play it past its initial playthrough can be a bit off-putting but that is rectified with its $30 price point. If you have a friend willing to play with you, I can easily recommend you pick up this game now. If you don’t have another person, you should look elsewhere for a good story game.

Pro:
    + Unique Co-op
    +Amazing Story
    +Fun and varied gameplay
    +Outstanding on a technical level
    +Plenty of side activity that are fun and surprising

Cons:
    -Stiff shooting controls
    -Not many reasons to come back (Unless playing it with a different person)
  6. Apr 7, 2018
    Cool game with a friend I went to like.
    The plot is good.
    The graphics are pleasant.
    In general, it is worth playing around.
  7. Jun 18, 2019
    My buddy and I played through the game (he played for free) and it was one of the best co-op games in a while. Pretty good story with likable characters.
  8. Sep 17, 2020
    A Way Out is a Masterpiece of Storytelling, Co-op, and Emotions.

A Way Out is a Masterpiece of Storytelling, Co-op, and Emotions.

I'm writing this at 3 AM after beating the game. This is not a normal occurrence for me. I never write reviews. But after what I just finished... It wouldn't be doing it a justice to not. I started playing A Way Out with my brother a few weeks ago. We had a ton of fun messing around. The sequences were really cool and it was just really fun in general. But we took a break for a while because we never got time until tonight. I cannot describe how much of a masterpiece this game is. If you are interested, BUY IT, Invite a friend, and thank me later. This game will go on with me on with me for the rest of my life as one of THE best games. Ever.
  9. Mar 25, 2018
    A simple, fun but sadly short game. It plays well and has a fun but admittedly at times flawed story. Well worth the money spent however.
  10. Mar 24, 2018
    Maybe is the best coop that I played in my life. Nowadays all games make you to play online and tear away de joy of playing with friends in the same console, but this game makes that you want to go to your friend's house and play it together.

All about this game is perfect.
  11. Mar 26, 2018
    Okay That game,, that game... that ending . Game has troubles for instance;, car driving, bike driving scene was so bad even I can't say anything or shooting sense that was terrible you can't feel that you shooting somebody when you shoot with rifle , pistol or something..
    But game has fantastic history and endings. I forgive all troubles about gameplay for Game's story that was something , Game deserve its price and you will get fun ,wont get bored while playing A way out with your friend. I missed 'single player' games.
  12. Mar 23, 2018
    This is the first game that I review, but i can say that this and I say THIS game IS the best game that I played so far, from the story, the co-op, the art style and the mini games or even talk with every character is good in this game! I can only recommend this game!
  13. Mar 23, 2018
    Really think this is a one of a kind game. So fun and so engaging. Play with a friend!
  14. Mar 23, 2018
    The game is beautiful! Great storytelling, great optimization, the characters are well spelled out! The best game to play on one screen with a friend! I recommend it to buy, there should be more such games! Thanks to the developers of the game. 12 out of 10!
  15. Mar 25, 2018
    I finished the game today with my buddy and it was a freaking blast. It's been forever since the last time I had this much fun playing video games with friends. The story can be a cliche, the gameplay can be generic, BUT the game design focusing on coop is really what makes the experience very unique and memorable. I highly recommend playing this game with someone you know because you guysI finished the game today with my buddy and it was a freaking blast. It's been forever since the last time I had this much fun playing video games with friends. The story can be a cliche, the gameplay can be generic, BUT the game design focusing on coop is really what makes the experience very unique and memorable. I highly recommend playing this game with someone you know because you guys are gonna laugh a lot. Seriously I laughed so much my stomach hurted and we had to take a few minutes break.

During my gameplay I did experience a few flaws and bugs and my game did crash once. But overall it was forgiveable thanks to the fun I had with the game.
  16. Mar 23, 2018
    A Way Out is a true achievement in game design. One of the Best Coop games out !!. It manages to do something truly special by making two players to cooperate for an extended amount of time, and the discussions that happen on the couch or over voice chat can be just as revealing as the game itself.
  17. Mar 24, 2018
    It's just magical. Since the days of HeavyRain, I have not experienced such powerful emotions. A pure diamond in the world of game design. Amazing opportunity to share emotions in co-op. 12/10 Thank you for such a unique game! Bravo! With love from Russia
  18. Mar 23, 2018
    Jesus Christ the feels man...The camera work, the story, the graphics. Best coop game since a long long time.
  19. Mar 23, 2018
    best game!!!!!!! everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    best adventure everrrrrrrrrrr
  20. Mar 23, 2018
    Great game, we love coop!

If you are looking for a partner, check out our A Way Out Facebook Comunity.

Seek for:
    A Way Out - Community (All platforms)

Greetings
  21. Mar 24, 2018
    A Way out is one of the best co-op games ever created and most likely one of the most worth picking up games of 2018. Plot is incredibly interesting (I won't spoiler it), graphics is really nice for a low budget game (art desing is amazing, technicalities are just OK), animations look good, the main characters are really well written ( Leo and Vincent-> interesting duo) and what's mostA Way out is one of the best co-op games ever created and most likely one of the most worth picking up games of 2018. Plot is incredibly interesting (I won't spoiler it), graphics is really nice for a low budget game (art desing is amazing, technicalities are just OK), animations look good, the main characters are really well written ( Leo and Vincent-> interesting duo) and what's most important it allows you (and even requires) to play it with your friend online or on the couch. It's just unbelievable how this little aspect make this game 10 times funnier, more addictive and fresh than any other game of last few years. Also it cost only 30$ (100 zł in Poland) which is really good price for a 6-8 hour journey. Stop reading reviews and go buy it. Expand
  22. Mar 25, 2018
    Amazing co-op experience that you should play with someone you know you can have fun with. The story is deeper than expected, but don't let that take away from screwing around and having some lighthearted fun with the awkward animations and freedom to walk into your partners cutsene. The game is simply a ton of fun, and every activity you do feels fresh and enjoyable, apart from stiffAmazing co-op experience that you should play with someone you know you can have fun with. The story is deeper than expected, but don't let that take away from screwing around and having some lighthearted fun with the awkward animations and freedom to walk into your partners cutsene. The game is simply a ton of fun, and every activity you do feels fresh and enjoyable, apart from stiff shooting controls, that take a little getting used to, but can still be satisfying. The co-op missions are a lot of fun, and require the best mix of planning and coordination that I've felt since GTA Online Heists. There are crazy cinematic parts that feel better choreographed then top budget movies and shows, that feel amazing paired with the varied, exciting soundtrack. All I can say about the ending is that it is amazingly incredible, and dives into the story way more than I could have expected. Expand
  23. Mar 25, 2018
    This game... is... just amazing!
    From the variaty of minigames to the fun story

and the ending..oh the ending...
    We need more games like this!
  24. Oct 12, 2019
    Without spoiling anything: played in couch coop, this game does something that no other medium could.
  25. Mar 23, 2018
    One of the best games I have ever played...

I'm a huge fan of Prison Break series, and this game... OMG... just amazing!

But I just don't understand why the f*k did they say there is no plan to release a DLC for this?!

We really need more games like this... bringing friends closer together
  26. Mar 23, 2018
    Man nowadays you are allowed to be cautious when it comes to video games. You don't have to worry about "A way out". I don't remember having so much fun ever since Mario Party games. I played on one TV shared with friend and we had an awesome time. Story is interesting and has lots of competitive activities to play with your partner. Both characters have a very distinctive way of seeingMan nowadays you are allowed to be cautious when it comes to video games. You don't have to worry about "A way out". I don't remember having so much fun ever since Mario Party games. I played on one TV shared with friend and we had an awesome time. Story is interesting and has lots of competitive activities to play with your partner. Both characters have a very distinctive way of seeing things and everything reacts differently to each character. In overall this game made me feel something I hadn't felt while playing a game in a while. The only negative thing I found annoying is when both characters engage in a conversation at the same time, one of the dialogue fades to the background but other than that, thank you to everyone who made this game. Looks good, interesting story telling, great cooperative and competitive activities, gameplay feels solid and great price. Seriously get it if you have a friend to play with. Expand
  27. Mar 23, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. well, I found this game fantastic, I got attached to the character I played (Leo) and the character my friend played. it felt like it was me and him in the game which made the ending even harder and more emotional. SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!! when it came to the end I had a really hard choice in my head, one part of me didn't wanna kill Vincent but the other part did not want to kill him due to being my friend an all the things we went through. So I really liked the ending but at the same time not. Expand
  28. Mar 25, 2018
    I love this game so much in particularly the end. I propose to all people to play it
  29. Mar 25, 2018
    I loved every second, every button press of this game!

Me and my girlfriend played it in one go, we were unable to put the controller down. Gameplay keeps you playing very smooth, visual very impressive with amazing locations, character design and the story keeps you there for wanting to know more about the amazing main and side characters. More splitscreen games like this please.
    I loved every second, every button press of this game!

More splitscreen games like this please.
    Hazelight has proven they are a small studio with talent like a Triple A studio without all the **** attached to triple A!
  30. Mar 25, 2018
    A good game. Some gameplay uses "game conventions" in controlling or challenges which needs additional explanation when co-op with new players. These rough corners can be polished more carefully. The action contents are thorough, plot medicore but the co-op gameplay is really fun !
  31. Mar 25, 2018
    Очень крутая игра классный сюжет тронула до слез (я не шучу). В этой игре главное слаженность и работа в команде потому что бы один ты эту игру не прошел. И очень классный, трогательный саундтрек. 100/10 моя оценка (меня очень сложно тронуть поэтому 100/10 я плакал как сучка а в последний раз плакал только 7 лет назад)Очень крутая игра классный сюжет тронула до слез (я не шучу). В этой игре главное слаженность и работа в команде потому что бы один ты эту игру не прошел. И очень классный, трогательный саундтрек. 100/10 моя оценка (меня очень сложно тронуть поэтому 100/10 я плакал как сучка а в последний раз плакал только 7 лет назад)
  32. Mar 27, 2018
    I think this is the best Coop-Game I ever played. Not only does it take you on a roller coaster of emotions I personally also think that the gameplay is very unique and interesting. You could argue that the game doesn't look "that" good, but really the story totally makes up for it. We played 7 hours but we talked to almost every person we could find and played almost every mini-game.I think this is the best Coop-Game I ever played. Not only does it take you on a roller coaster of emotions I personally also think that the gameplay is very unique and interesting. You could argue that the game doesn't look "that" good, but really the story totally makes up for it. We played 7 hours but we talked to almost every person we could find and played almost every mini-game. Overall I think this is simply the best Coop-Game ever and maybe also one of the best games I ever played. The last thing I wanna say is that it also has the feature that only one of you has to buy the full game. The other one has to download the Test-Version and he then can be invited for free and play the full game. Expand
  33. Feb 10, 2019
    There is such a lack of couch co-op games, which aren't party titles, and multiplayer campaigns. This is a breath of fresh air. An online or couch co-op campaign with a brilliant story and fantastic gameplay. The splitscreen is so unique with how it shows different things on each player's half, without disturbing the other player. This game has set the bar high and I hope there will beThere is such a lack of couch co-op games, which aren't party titles, and multiplayer campaigns. This is a breath of fresh air. An online or couch co-op campaign with a brilliant story and fantastic gameplay. The splitscreen is so unique with how it shows different things on each player's half, without disturbing the other player. This game has set the bar high and I hope there will be more like it in future. Expand
  34. Nov 1, 2019
    I find it really fun to play with your girlfriend or a friend, as it is designed to be enjoyed.
    Hats off to the devs for implementing such a variety of mini-games across the path, too!
    Great game.
  35. Mar 31, 2018
    I actually kind of wish this had more gimmicky co-op sections but nonetheless this is a very fun experience and we need more couch co-op games. Josef Fares seems like a sweet guy and I hope he keeps getting money to make whatever the **** he wants.
  36. Oct 19, 2020
    A Way Out is a brilliant mix of well written cinematography and innovative cooperative gameplay. Although me and my co-op partner beat this in little more than 4 hours, its brilliant in its brevity and it makes me feel as if i was watching a movie.

The initial concept is simple: you and your co-op partner play as two escaped prisoners who swore revenge on a specific someone who happened to do them wrong. This concept may sound simple and cliched, but that’s what the game wants you to think, as because the relationships that the two prisoners build throughout the journey turn it into something more. While the ending and length won’t appeal to everyone, it feels perfect to me.

In terms of gameplay, the majority of it is fantastic and varied. It takes on multiple genres, including stealth, third person shooting, quick time events, driving, and cooperative activities. The only place that suffers is in the third person shooter aspect. The cover based shooting is basic, yet action packed. However, the actual shooting may feel a bit stiff to some. The best part, however, is the cooperative gameplay. I never felt so satisfied by working with my co-op partner in any game, and i genuinely wish there were more games like it.

All in all, A Way Out gets so much more right then it does wrong. It’s mix of gameplay, and its emotional story drove me and my co-op partner forward to the very end.
  37. Feb 9, 2020
    A unique experience that I will remember for a long time. I respect the authors for such a high-quality project. emotional, interesting, fascinating. given your opinion and that of a friend, this is a great game.
  38. Mar 24, 2018
    I've played hundreds of games and watched hundreds of movies and not a single one of them has brought me to tears, I don't know what about this game there is but the ending made us both shed a tear. This game may be full of cliches, but they are for comedy, the people that say the game has bad writing are dead wrong. This is the best co-op game I've ever played, I never felt board andI've played hundreds of games and watched hundreds of movies and not a single one of them has brought me to tears, I don't know what about this game there is but the ending made us both shed a tear. This game may be full of cliches, but they are for comedy, the people that say the game has bad writing are dead wrong. This is the best co-op game I've ever played, I never felt board and there where new things every time, on-top of that fun little mini-games and lots of good dialogue. For 30 dollars and getting a copy for you and a friend, its **** worth it, buy this game and play it completely, it is worth 60 dollars not 30. Expand
  39. Mar 25, 2018
    And I quote:
    "F*CK THE OSCARS!" (J. Fares of "Hazelight").
    For the people who still care about heart, soul and passion. And I still can hear the tune of "Winged Hope". It still gives me chills and a sad, but satisfied smile. Hugs.
    I wish a brightest future for You, people of "Hazelight"!
  40. Mar 24, 2018
    Nice places, amazing camera movements, top notch editing and last but not least fun activities in every area. Hazelight Studios has set a new precedent in coop experiences.
  41. Apr 9, 2018
    This is a solid 9 for me. And for a lot of reasons.

This is a solid 9 for me. And for a lot of reasons.

The first thing I have to say is that Josef Fares (the creative mind behind this game and "Brothers") is a game developer who really deserves to be followed. That is one guy who is not afraid to think outside the box. In my opinion he has his own brand now, and that brand is called "Josef Fares". If I see a game that he is involved, believe me, I'm getting that game.

Just like "Brothers", "A way out" tells a tale of 2 men who have to rely on each other through a series of challenges in order to reach the end. And the tale they tell is something we discover together; it's an organic process, something that brings us inside the game, as if we were part of it somehow. It's not just our controller inputs. It's way beyond that. What "A way out" does is test our capacity of actually playing videogames in a way we are NOT used to. Just like "Brothers" did back in the day.

I won't spoil it, because it would be a shame. I honestly tell you that if you are into this type of game and narrative, pick this one up. I PROMISE you will not regret it.

A friendly reminder, though: even though you get to play with a friend who DOES NOT own a copy of the game, there is NO MATCHMAKING WHATSOEVER. And the game DOES NOT offer a single player experience. So, in order to actually play this, you will need someone to sit by your side (couch co-op) or download the demo and get invited by you to play it. There is no download code, nothing. You just need a friend to download the demo or pick the second controller and you are set. Invite them through the game lobby and start the adventure.

It's not a short game - but it's not long either. I sat with my friend and we beat this in one afternoon. We did stop a LOT to check the surroundings, play some mini-games, talk to NPCs. I'd say this game can take from 5 to 7 hours to complete.

Also, it's not heavy in the action department, as you could expect. Don't go in expecting this to be Uncharted-like. it's not. It's part exploration, part talking, part walking with some bits and pieces of adrenaline, chases and thrills. But, in my opinion, in perfect amounts.

There is a perfect gut punch in the end - as expected. And one that got us thinking a little bit... until we just said to each other: "Ok, we have to play this again".

Solid 9. One of the best games of 2018 so far. A must-have!
  42. Mar 26, 2018
    i just say; "this game is real co-op experience. the first REAL CO-OP GAME"
  43. Apr 1, 2018
    If you are looking for a reason why video games can be better and more immersive than books and movies you have to play this game. First at all I am impressed that EA gave Josef Fares a green light to make a game like that. It is truly unique experience that won't make you careless afterwards. Most of the game with a coop are not giving you anything better than an option to play with yourIf you are looking for a reason why video games can be better and more immersive than books and movies you have to play this game. First at all I am impressed that EA gave Josef Fares a green light to make a game like that. It is truly unique experience that won't make you careless afterwards. Most of the game with a coop are not giving you anything better than an option to play with your friend. There is nothing really special about having a partner in a game. I would say that some game franchises became worse. For example Dead Space 3. Here we have a story about two guys with similar life situations but different personalities. In the process of playing you will get a sense of the partnership with your friend. Game is using coop as part of game design that game industry did not see before. You will understand that when you get to play. (Hospital scene is amazing). Game does an incredible job with a camera movement. This game benefits from coop a lot. It provokes emotions and especially ending gives you chills. After finishing this game I truly believe that games have so much to offer. There is still hope that it is not just money grabbing time waster. I recommend to play it very much. If you love games that gives you experience and not just time killers you will be satisfied. Expand
  44. Mar 26, 2018
    What a fantastic game. It starts off a little slow but by the end my friend and I were blown away. No it's not perfect but that ending will have you thinking about this game for a while.
  45. Mar 28, 2018
    A true gem of a game! I have never played anything like this before - but once I had started I realised how great this was going to be. The story was immersive, emotional and well paced. A truly fantastic game in every manner.
  46. Mar 26, 2018
    The co-op experience provides great moments of satisfaction (like, high-five, we caught the foreman or we're on the road again!) Plus, it's good for snacking. You get moments just to watch and take in the great settings and artistry while munching on pretzels or whatever. The voice-acting and animations are top-notch. You get to chug a beer at a gas station. Test out weapons inThe co-op experience provides great moments of satisfaction (like, high-five, we caught the foreman or we're on the road again!) Plus, it's good for snacking. You get moments just to watch and take in the great settings and artistry while munching on pretzels or whatever. The voice-acting and animations are top-notch. You get to chug a beer at a gas station. Test out weapons in abandoned buildings. It's an intriguing, good time. Expand
  47. Mar 30, 2018
    One of the best Co-op Games i have played in a long time. Need to praise the developers for such a unique concept.
  48. Apr 3, 2018
    A Way Out is a game that stands out for its innovation in coop play. Definitely the most ambitious coop adventure I've ever seen and the kind of game I've always dreamed of playing. Best adventure game of the year hands down!! The developer was right, it's not for people who want a run and gun. This is an adventure game and if your expectations are lined up its the best and most innovativeA Way Out is a game that stands out for its innovation in coop play. Definitely the most ambitious coop adventure I've ever seen and the kind of game I've always dreamed of playing. Best adventure game of the year hands down!! The developer was right, it's not for people who want a run and gun. This is an adventure game and if your expectations are lined up its the best and most innovative games I've played in a long time! Finally a breath of fresh gaming experience! Expand
  49. Mar 26, 2018
    Great game, great plot-twist, replayability, very good co-op game i played, funny dialogues,
  50. Apr 6, 2018
    It pains me to see people will be picking p a money grab like Far Cry 5; rather than a game with so much love and passion put into it, this game while not perfect perfectly made a co op based game with fun features and time worthy secrets and side additions. The shooting is pretty bad but thankfully there’s no much parts and most of the shooting is on rails; there’s so texture pop ins andIt pains me to see people will be picking p a money grab like Far Cry 5; rather than a game with so much love and passion put into it, this game while not perfect perfectly made a co op based game with fun features and time worthy secrets and side additions. The shooting is pretty bad but thankfully there’s no much parts and most of the shooting is on rails; there’s so texture pop ins and funny goofs that make you laugh at the game and characters but in a good way no infuriating or annoying. It’ll make you wish for more games like this. Josef truly had a passion and didn’t let EA get in the way and therefore was able to not include any microtransactions or other **** $$ grabbing practices.

The story was actually pretty good and had lots of fun gameplay areas and cool secrets; there’s no multiplayer which it really doesn’t need and would’ve just made it pointless as the combat wasn’t the best; it had tons of great camera work and an ending I didn’t expect at all. I recommend you pickup this game and give it a go; you won’t get hundreds of hours or even 30, but the time you do get it great; it’s also a launch title of $40 CAD rather than an $80 CAD title. Which I think is a massive bonus. There is also multiple choice based options which actually effect the gameplay and outcome; unlike a rushed garbage Telltale game. I think you should pick it up ASAP; and if you don’t have a friend to play couch co op yoour online friend can download the free trial and play the ENTIRE game with you. Definitely a game that lived up to my expectations and branched our from a lot of the multiplayer, loot box filled, repetitive games nowadays.
  51. Mar 25, 2018
    I have to give this game a 9/10 is an amazing game full of emotions and things that happen in real life, sometimes it feels real, and sometimes dont. but most importantly the ending(no spoiler), the ending is what makes me push the score to 9. if you have someone to play i can definity recomend this game
  52. May 21, 2018
    Didn't have this much fun for a long time. A must play, it's relatively cheap and you can share the cost with a friend ;)
  53. Mar 29, 2018
    The ending was solid, **** solid. The game was fun, the hospital scene was **** awesome. Don't hesitate playing this game, anyone who votes this below an 8 is literally friendless and couldn't play it if they wanted to.
  54. Nov 14, 2019
    Story is really great, gameplay average. I can recommend this game to everyone that is looking for a good game that can be played locally with a friend.
  55. Apr 26, 2019
    Great co-op game, fresh feelings, shoulder2shoulder gameplay and many fun. Buy it quickly! (If you have a good friend)
  56. May 17, 2019
    I’d normally give an 8 of a game with a simple story and action like that, but I give 9 because of two reasons: firstly, game is designed from ground up for multiplayer (esp. couch multiplayer) and there are many gameplay elements that make use of cooperative play well. Secondly, there are many items that can be interacted with in different ways. Both of these indicate that game developersI’d normally give an 8 of a game with a simple story and action like that, but I give 9 because of two reasons: firstly, game is designed from ground up for multiplayer (esp. couch multiplayer) and there are many gameplay elements that make use of cooperative play well. Secondly, there are many items that can be interacted with in different ways. Both of these indicate that game developers put a great effort into this game. Expand
  57. Aug 2, 2019
    Немного странная концовка, но кооперативных игр не много, поэтому грех жаловаться)
  58. May 7, 2018
    A great game. And it is really helpful for people to cooperate. After several hours playing , now my wife can help me to pee when I am holding my baby with both hands.
  59. Jun 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this my first time love a game from EA , the great idea is that you can play online with your friend and only one of you buy the game !! it's amazing !!! I hope if can see more like this game . 9/10 Expand
  60. Apr 21, 2018
    My friend and were really looking forward to this game finally a full co-op experience that requires both us to succeed. A way out was entertaining and longer than i expected it to be, the story made sense and was never predicable and never repetitive. The plot twist at the end though I never expected. For price point this game is extremely good value and the fact you only needed one copyMy friend and were really looking forward to this game finally a full co-op experience that requires both us to succeed. A way out was entertaining and longer than i expected it to be, the story made sense and was never predicable and never repetitive. The plot twist at the end though I never expected. For price point this game is extremely good value and the fact you only needed one copy for 2 people to play co-op online just added even more value to it. Expand
  61. Apr 3, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fantastic Game, I could even call it a work of art, considering it was made by a indie company. The gameplay is fantastic, people complain about this game having quick time events however I can say with great relief that it only occurs in the beginning of the game for very limited amounts of time. One thing I absolutely Love is the diversity of gameplay. From stealth, to gun blazing action (which might I add feels about as good as GTAs), to hospital chases, this is one of the games highlights. In my opinion this games only flaw is that when two players are having dialogue at the same time, One is louder than the other and drowns the other out, this was of course made to make it more realistic than one pausing and waiting for the other to finish, but I didn’t appreciate it much. Summary: Easily a nominee for my game of the year. Expand
  62. Apr 8, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was kept in suspense the entire time. I like how it was a true co-op game where the actions of one actually affected the other. It was especially interesting to see the plot twist with both endings, and I'm glad that neither were perfect and cheerful. A game does not need a happy ending in order to be good, and this certainly proved it.

The voice acting was phenomenal.
    The plot was unexpected.
    I appreciated the graphics.
    And the fact that there are a few moments for fun and games between all the danger, was a nice touch for a cool down.

Totally recommend this for anyone wishing to hang out with a friend, and get a good story at the same time.
  63. Mar 26, 2018
    Jogo excelente , proposta inovadora , super recomendo... Game te deixa tenso , historia apaixonante..Um dos melhores jogos que tive a oportunidade de jogar
  64. Mar 27, 2018
    Quite possibly one of the most unique games I've ever played. I'd advise anyone who is looking for a story-driven coop game to check this one out.
  65. Mar 30, 2018
    ótimo jogo, proposta interessante e inovadora. amei a decisão da desenvolvedora de proporcionar essa ótima jogatina. porém, é muito curto.
  66. Apr 1, 2018
    First of all I want to write about the story of this game, it’s absolutely acceptable and has a dramatic end, best ending I’ve ever seen so far. This game has many emotional scenes that really got gamers. Also have some surprises (mostly in the last chapters).

About the resolution I just gonna say it was OK (don’t forget the budget size and be humble) and one of good things about this

and one of good things about this game is its price ($30) it’s really cheap for this story, resolution and game length (6 hours).

However I’m not that happy about game length, I expected 9 or 10 hours, but it’s 6 and not gonna change!

Absolutely one of best CO-OP game that ever made so far, a very clever mix that EA made of missions that need 2 persons to pass! So you’re gonna have fun with your friend in PlayStations party on both of you sit on one couch (yes you can play with one PS4 with you friend)

Absolutely one of best CO-OP game that ever made so far, a very clever mix that EA made of missions that need 2 persons to pass! So you’re gonna have fun with your friend in PlayStations party on both of you sit on one couch! (Yes you can play with one consul)

This game has an epic ending!
    Stop reading reviews, 100% it worths to buy and play!
  67. Apr 8, 2018
    Usually I never write reviews, like ever. But this game was so breath taking I felt the need to write a review. The game is extremely enjoyable, from combat, to stealth, and to the main mechanic, the teamwork. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, and combined with how real the game feels once you get into it is something else. I would highly recommend this game to anybody who wasUsually I never write reviews, like ever. But this game was so breath taking I felt the need to write a review. The game is extremely enjoyable, from combat, to stealth, and to the main mechanic, the teamwork. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, and combined with how real the game feels once you get into it is something else. I would highly recommend this game to anybody who was considering buying it. Expand
  68. Apr 12, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Josef Fares' "A Way Out" provides a distinct split-screen style of gameplay and combines unique gameplay with a well written story and characters. The adventure of Leo Caruso and Vincent Moretti brings the audience deep into their backstories and personal lives as they strive for the completion of their goal for their own personal reasons. This game offers the audience a cinematic, fast and slow paced, interesting story with a poetic, brilliant conclusion. Expand
  69. Aug 9, 2019
    The game is so good and the co-op is very well planned and fun overall experience. I appreciate the studio and Josef Fares passion on making this game and wish to see more of them in the future. I wish EA will focus on supporting a full games based on fun and story telling more than finding a way to increase loot boxes and cash grabbing predatory and I believe people will give you good scores.
  70. May 8, 2018
    Best coop game in the last 5 years. some areas have wonky controls but the story telling and gameplay overall are excellent. My favorite game of the year so far!!
  71. Sep 2, 2018
    This is a wonderful game. Split screen coops or any couch coops at all are a bit rare these days, and I'm judging this game against its competition in those genres. There are a good variety of different coop and friendly competitive things to do, and it looks great. The cut scenes did drag on a bit long as in all story-telling games, but at least you've got a mate there to wake you up whenThis is a wonderful game. Split screen coops or any couch coops at all are a bit rare these days, and I'm judging this game against its competition in those genres. There are a good variety of different coop and friendly competitive things to do, and it looks great. The cut scenes did drag on a bit long as in all story-telling games, but at least you've got a mate there to wake you up when it's your turn. I found the story kinda schmaltzy, so some people will love it and some people will hate it. There's not a whole lot of replay value in the game, but it is a great once-off experience. Expand
  72. Jan 15, 2020
    единственная игра по которую жена сказала: "Ну что, давай поиграем". В начале скучновато, а потом становится очень интересно
  73. May 9, 2019
    Great co op game, in a genre which doesn't seem to have many entries, cinematic which brings great enjoyment when played with a friend
  74. Nov 23, 2018
    Самая лучшая игра на двоих. Геймплей разнообразный. Сюжет интересный. Прохождение подарит много приятных эмоций
  75. Apr 9, 2019
    Great game - finally something relatively new and interesting!
    Had a lot of fun on the coop and really enjoying it. Gameplay is decent , story is nice, has its funny moments and badass ones too. The split screen is nicely done and I was genuinely surprised on some occasions how flawless it shifts the action.
    Find a good friend and go for a day or two of unique experience! Fares did it
    Great game - finally something relatively new and interesting!
    Find a good friend and go for a day or two of unique experience!
    Fares did it nicely this time and I cant wait for his next project!
  76. Apr 17, 2019
    An epic couch Coop game that delivers heart and story throughout it's entirety.

Pros: - Variation of gameplay - Great character development - Amazing & unique split screen with dynamic transitions like nothing else - Great story throughout - Excellent Endings (multiple) - Lots of fun mini games within Cons - Voice acting in early chapters is weak - Graphics is average for
    An epic couch Coop game that delivers heart and story throughout it's entirety.

Pros:
    - Variation of gameplay
    - Great character development
    - Amazing & unique split screen with dynamic transitions like nothing else
    - Great story throughout
    - Excellent Endings (multiple)
    - Lots of fun mini games within

Cons
    - Voice acting in early chapters is weak
    - Graphics is average for it's time
    - Gun combat feels clunky
  77. Oct 7, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a good game for 2 players because it increase the our energy and we don't tired of playing it Expand
  78. Aug 2, 2019
    Great Co op game, hope to see more like this. Awesome a friend does not need to buy a copy to play online with you
  79. May 7, 2019
    By far one of the best games I have ever played. It merges clever gameplay with cinematic shots and cutscenes. Its a great game: Stunning graphics (for me at least), pretty good dialogue for a videogame on a low budget, great puzzles, clever combat, very good plot, and finally, at times its even funny. That being said, the game has a few shortcomings: at times, the dialogue seems a littleBy far one of the best games I have ever played. It merges clever gameplay with cinematic shots and cutscenes. Its a great game: Stunning graphics (for me at least), pretty good dialogue for a videogame on a low budget, great puzzles, clever combat, very good plot, and finally, at times its even funny. That being said, the game has a few shortcomings: at times, the dialogue seems a little forced between Vincent and Leo. But a bigger problem is that sometimes a part of the plot or the gameplay is slightly cliche, childish or simply irrealistic. But these are a few faults in an otherwise fantastic game. 9/10. One of kind. Would recommend to your mother ( maybe not cause the characters swear alot) Expand
  80. Jun 10, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spend the whole game as Vincent trying to get my brother playing as Leo killed and then got to kill him in the final twist :) 10/10 would do it again. Only negative point is that I didn't get to adopt Alex. But in all seriousness, it's a great coop experience. From the way you have to work together to how the split screen effect works, you're 100% immersed in this very compelling story. Expand
  81. Aug 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Я рыдала как мразььььььььььььььь))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Expand
  82. Oct 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a awesome game Best two players game i like it so much i play again and again and again Expand
  83. Oct 21, 2019
    Great game for two people.I have a good time with mygirlfriend.I recommend.
  84. Nov 10, 2019
    It is a very funny game to play with a close friend or a familiar, totally recomended
  85. Jan 18, 2020
    The game is made very sloppy, but it has it's great moments. More of a cliche movie than a game. Almost no gameplay.
  86. Jul 31, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly it was one of the best coop experiences ive had, I just wish there has been some input for the ending. I know its a story being told but damn if that ending doesn't hit you in all the wrong places. I know the game is linear but not having a choice to make at the end I think hurt the story. For the price I paid the game was great my only criticism would be for the ending, its not bad and its got emotion it has a Heat feel, which is a huge compliment, but the choice should have been there for me to make (as the Vincent player) Expand
  87. Apr 22, 2018
    A way out
    great storytelling
    A Way it is a cinematic adventure game that has to be played with 2 players. Either Couch Co Op or with an online friend, I ended up playing couch co op and found this to be the best option if its possible. if not, you can invinte any friend to play with you from start to finish even if they don’t have to game The forced co op is a bit of a draw back
    A way out
    great storytelling
    A Way it is a cinematic adventure game that has to be played with 2 players.
    Either Couch Co Op or with an online friend,
    The forced co op is a bit of a draw back though, its hard to find someone willing to tolerate you and your hilarious jokes for a full 5 an a half hours that it takes to finish this game.
    I played the arrogant, cocky and short tempered leo and my partner played as the calm and in control Vincent.
    this game is basically the grown up version of the rugrats,
    you get your trusty screwdriver and as a team you have to find a way out of prison to go after a mutual enemy.
    this is a lot of one person distracting and finding a way to take guard attention from an area, while the other player inches closer to the target, coming up with clever ways to sneak tools back to your cell and look out for eachother while getting it done..
    This game doesn’t fully take place in prison though, youll find yourself on a farm as well as getting to know these characters and their families..
    making you care how the story plays out for each..
    there are moments of driving and third person shooting..
    the gameplay is constantly pulling the narrative forward..
    you never feel stuck or stagnant..
    constantly going..
    the 5 and a half hours flies by…
    And throughout the story there will be choices to make that are either more passive or more aggressive..
    choices that need to be agreed on by both players before you can move on..
    its tough to go into detail without spoiling, but I loved the journey this game took me on.. I loved the story and all of its twists..
    I loved not knowing where the game was going to take me next…
    this game shines during the moments where communication is necessary, where you have to use timing, hwere you have to watch for and distract guards while your partner gets to work…
    there really is no negative here other than again, this game has to be played with another person…
    you cant switch back and forth between controllers, there are moments here where that just wont work.
    This is a great game to sit down and spend some time with someone with
    especially if both of you can get lost in your characters.
    I give A way Out
    a 8.0/10
  88. Mar 29, 2018
    Ever since I finished the awesome game Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons last year, I was really looking forward to what Josef Fares and his core team that were behind Brothers would do next. And 5 years after Brothers, A Way Out hits the shelves. This game is very original, just like Brothers, delivering a coop only experience, but this experience is very good, as it forces very enjoyable andEver since I finished the awesome game Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons last year, I was really looking forward to what Josef Fares and his core team that were behind Brothers would do next. And 5 years after Brothers, A Way Out hits the shelves. This game is very original, just like Brothers, delivering a coop only experience, but this experience is very good, as it forces very enjoyable and satisfying cooperation. The characters are also very relatable, and the visuals are very nice. This game also thankfully does not include EA's terrible lootbox and microtransaction systems that have been present in most of their games recently. But this game does have one main issue: the random side activities you can do are not very enjoyable, and the gunplay controls are quite stiff and annoying to control. This is because Josef and his team are obviously not used to gunplay design and need more practice in designing this. However, since this game's published by EA, do not buy it a full price. We need to continually put the pressure on EA to get their act together, and by buying their games for less money, we can do that. Overall, though, A Way Out is a great game and a very enjoyable coop experience. i just wouldn't recommend you buy it at full price. Expand
  89. Aug 9, 2020
    A Way Out is a split-screen co-op game from movie director Josef Fares, the creator of the magnificent Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

The "get out of prison and revenge" story is nice, there is some delightful character progression for both Leo and Vincent, but the unexpected twist in the end is a mis-step because it's out of character for both protagonists. The game lasts 5 hours or so until the end credits roll, it is kinda short but it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it's a nice change of pace between playing epic 60 hours long open world games.

Gameplay is very basic, with some environmental exploration and puzzles every now and then. Two players (you can play either couch or online co-op) control each of the two protagonists who have no special abilities of their own, so it doesn't matter which character you choose to play as. The weakest element of gameplay is the shooting system, which is cumbersome to say the least, but it's forgiveable because there is a generous hit box and it's not the focus of the experience anyway.

Graphics are very good and stylized, quality being just short of a modern AAA production, with the game being rendered twice or even thrice at the same time on occasion, in order to show different points of view. On PS4 frame rate regularly drops below 30 fps, but it doesn't really affect the experience because it's a slow-paced game. Still I recommend playing this game at 60 fps on a PC if possible.

Overall this is a very enjoyable story-based adventure game and I highly recommend it to everyone.
  90. Mar 26, 2018
    Developed by the team behind Brothers a Tale of Two Sons, Hazelight studios brings a new title featuring co op mechanics that I have never seen in a game before, and it could not have been done any other way.

A Way Out tells the story of two different characters, Leo a short-tempered common criminal with a soft side when it comes to his family, and Vincent. The characters have been wrongly convicted by the same man, and end up in prison. About ten minutes into the game, Leo and Vincent start interacting with one another, realizing they are after the same person and want to escape for prison to get revenge. From this point on, we see Leo and Vincent work through numerous situations together in order to complete tasks to get out of prison. After the prison break, you find out why these characters are after the same person, you find out about the problems in their personal lives and together the characters try to fix the problems.

Working together is essential in this game every situation you must be done together. I realized how much of a co op this game was very early on, the specific situation, when Leo and Vincent are taking the back of the cell toilet off the wall and using a chisel to break the wall so they can crawl through. While one character does this, the other character watches out for the guards passing by and distracting them. Throughout the course of the game, there will be different ways to do things. You have a choice of doing things Leo’s (aggressive) way or Vincent’s (calm and smooth). Throughout the adventure, you get to compete in little mini games with your co-op partner like a game of darts and baseball or arm wrestling.

This is a great action-adventure indie title; there were times I was on the edge of my seat, like during the prison escape, the hospital escape & the motorcycle chase scene and the final twenty minutes of the game. I had a great time playing with my friend and co host even though I did not have a the full game I was able to play the trial version all the way through as long as he was playing as well. With that being said the game did have some issues, texture popping issues and some of the shooting mechanics; It should not take two or three head shots to kill an enemy. The game could have done without the shootouts at the end but it was a nice change of pace for the last half hour of the game.

A Way Out is more than I expected in every aspect, from the story to the game play & character progression. It falls in a genre we do not see enough of now days (couch co-op). With some great unique game play mechanics this is a breath of fresh air with a bit of minor problems it is so fun; that you will want to go back and see what you can do differently.

A Way Out 7.5/10

Reviewed By ICE at Gamers of the Round Table.
  91. Apr 7, 2018
    One of the best stories in a game. Everything that the game can do wrong, is overshadowed by an incredible story that makes you enjoy the game with a friend.
  92. Jan 29, 2021
    A beautiful and amazing game! And the ending...
    Very, very emotional! I love it
  93. May 30, 2019
    A Way Out is a super creative and ridiculously fun game. I played with one of my long time friends, and we both loved it.
  94. Jul 3, 2020
    What can I say, it's been a long time since I had so much fun playing a game. It kept me engaged right from the beginning. It has some of the most unique puzzles I've ever come crossed in video games. It's short and action-packed, so it won't take away too much of your time. If you're trying to have some fun and maybe connect with an old friend, this is the perfect game.
  95. Apr 2, 2018
    This game gave me lots of fun moments throughout the play through. Its been a while since i have such split screen experience, the last time i could recall was playing splinter cell on ps2. Anyway, story wise, its acceptable. Yes, the story is predictable, and phase is consider fast compare with other game with the same genre. but i wasnt really looking for anything mind blowing and iThis game gave me lots of fun moments throughout the play through. Its been a while since i have such split screen experience, the last time i could recall was playing splinter cell on ps2. Anyway, story wise, its acceptable. Yes, the story is predictable, and phase is consider fast compare with other game with the same genre. but i wasnt really looking for anything mind blowing and i rather have predictable than nonsensical story. Gameplay wise are also not as bad as some claim to be, and this said by a person who played through monster hunter, destiny and bloodborn each for hundres of hours, not fantastic but also not game breaking. Plus, you wont be doing the same thing over and over. If you have a friend you really open with, i recommend to try it out with him/her. I purchased the game with expectation of having a quick and fun experience with some decent story in it, and it did a great job in my opinion. But one of the problem is still about the ending, there's definitely room for improvement in it. But still acceptable, as i seen many worst. Expand
  96. Apr 21, 2018
    This game starts out slow but builds steadily as it goes on. A few of the sequences can leave you thinking as to what you are supposed to do next, but it's not impossible to figure out. I will tell you, the best experience will come when both players are patient. An impatient player will sour the game somewhat. It requires a lot of perfect coordination to pass some parts. The whole game isThis game starts out slow but builds steadily as it goes on. A few of the sequences can leave you thinking as to what you are supposed to do next, but it's not impossible to figure out. I will tell you, the best experience will come when both players are patient. An impatient player will sour the game somewhat. It requires a lot of perfect coordination to pass some parts. The whole game is played in split screen for both players, which seems annoying but lets each player see themselves and the other at all times. One screen may at times take over the screen depending on the importance of what is happening to one or the other. Also be advised if you are playing with the trial version you will NOT get achievements. Near the end, the game does briefly fall into typical action movie sequences, but it's a minor thing. The ending is a shocker for sure and leads to a very well written ending. Expand
  97. Jan 2, 2019
    Awesome game to play with a friend. Amazing plot twist that got both me and my friend by surprise, and the ending gameplay is really a fun turn of events as well! A little short but still very good.
  98. Dec 19, 2020
    Farklı bir deneyim. Denemenizi tavsiye ederim. 2 kişi değişik bir macera oluyor.
  99. May 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game but the one problem is that we should to kill one of 2 character Expand
  100. Jun 2, 2019
    Simplesmente um dos melhores sistemas multiplayer combinado com boa história dessa geração. Infelizmente hoje em dia é raro ver um game tão eficaz como jogo cooperativo local de campanha, como víamos lá nos anos 90, 2000 como no super Nintendo e ainda alguns que sobrevivem no PS1 e ps2. E A WAY OUT trouxe isso de volta, com uma história envolvente, protagonistas carismáticos, e um finalSimplesmente um dos melhores sistemas multiplayer combinado com boa história dessa geração. Infelizmente hoje em dia é raro ver um game tão eficaz como jogo cooperativo local de campanha, como víamos lá nos anos 90, 2000 como no super Nintendo e ainda alguns que sobrevivem no PS1 e ps2. E A WAY OUT trouxe isso de volta, com uma história envolvente, protagonistas carismáticos, e um final surpreendente e inesperadamente homenagememocionante. Outros pontos interessantes é que a jogabilidade sutilmente faz homenagem a outras categorias de de games multiplayer. jogo muito bom.games. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 62 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 6, 2018
    Thanks to its purely co-op gameplay, A Way Out is a beautiful experience, which heavily involves both players throughout the adventure.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    We need more games like A Way Out. Josef Fares’ new title is not only one of the best interactive movies ever made, it also understands and executes co-op exceptionally well and shows how much potential lies in the AA segment. [05/2018, p.53]
  3. May 21, 2018
    With attention to detail within every nook and cranny, watching how their two stories diverge and converge at integral moments of the game is a fascinating experience that needs to be played through twice. Playing as both Leo and Vince will offer two unique story paths, as they both have different roles in solving puzzles, while narrative-forks provide a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure element to the story.