7.9

1. Feb 7, 2021
    When a friend of mine and I sat down to play A Way Out we were expecting an interesting story and fun co-op gameplay that would have us glued to our seats for a day.

6 hours later we found ourselves having turned off the audio at around hour 2 and started listening to music while imagining absurd scenarios that would serve as our version of the game's plot. We were doing everything possible to extract a bit of joy out of this slog of a game and were even tempted to quit it after earning the platinum before starting the final 2 missions (absurd trophy list decision right there).

A Way Out is a bland, quite visually ugly game, that relies on an abundance of plot cliches to tell a stunningly boring and uninspired story. The gameplay tries everything from puzzles and platforming to driving and shooting and manages to fail at just about everything.

The only reason for me to not give A Way Out a lower score is because my friend and I DID have a few moments of genuine fun during our playthrough - most of which were due to us screwing with the game but still....we did manage to have a little bit of fun.
  2. Mr1
    Feb 6, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Побольше бы таких игр.
    Немного не хватило вариативнрсти в конце. А так супер, особенно режиссура
  3. Jan 31, 2021
    The story is a very good game. Graphics and Action seems not bad either. Good game.
  4. Jan 29, 2021
    A beautiful and amazing game! And the ending...
    Very, very emotional! I love it
  5. Jan 26, 2021
    Интересная игра с неплохой сюжетной компанией, как кооператив играется достаточно бодро.
  6. Jan 14, 2021
    I really can say that it is the best co op story game that I have played and its story is similar with the show "Prison Break"s first season but you should try this game with your friend asap
  7. Jan 10, 2021
    Gameplay, dialogue, and plot could've certain been more refined, but this game represents a unique and rather enjoyable experience for those that are into couch coop.
  8. Jan 2, 2021
    9,1 Me parece un juegazo, con una gran historia, gran diseño de niveles y una jugabilidad distinta a los demás juegos. Lo jugué en local con un amigo y nos lo pasamos muy bien.
  9. Dec 30, 2020
    A good idea executed very poorly.
    Poor graphics Repetitive gameplay
    Characters are not warming like they should be in a game like this
    Predictable story
    Choices seem to have no effect on story

Some sections are ok but a very disappointing game overall
  10. Dec 19, 2020
    Farklı bir deneyim. Denemenizi tavsiye ederim. 2 kişi değişik bir macera oluyor.
  11. Dec 19, 2020
    Концовка игры - полный бред, ну и графика могла бы быть лучше. Во всем остальном игра прекрасно развлечет вас и вашего товарища. Один раз, реиграбельность ниже нуля. С удовольствием сыграл бы что-нибудь еще в этом роде.
  12. Dec 12, 2020
    Perhaps the best co-op story game there is, good graphics, very good story, although short, bought it on sale, worth every single penny
  13. Dec 4, 2020
    The gameplay it's really impressive, it Explores a lot The cooperation. The history is Amazing and it has one of the best plot twist ever made. I recommend.
  14. Dec 3, 2020
    Pretty enjoyable co op experience but some things felt lazy. The prison section of the game loves taking moments from other films, to the point where the game just lifts sections from shawshank redemption (prisoner asks the warden when visiting times are and the grumpy head guard smacks him in the stomach, calling him a maggot that will speak when spoken to, also the scene where andyPretty enjoyable co op experience but some things felt lazy. The prison section of the game loves taking moments from other films, to the point where the game just lifts sections from shawshank redemption (prisoner asks the warden when visiting times are and the grumpy head guard smacks him in the stomach, calling him a maggot that will speak when spoken to, also the scene where andy dufrane times smashing the toilet pipes to the sounds of thunder and lightning is in this game) oldboy also has its most famous scene lifted and placed into this game. These are fantastic films so its not the worst thing in the world being able to play these sections, just feels like ive experienced this before. Its also more of a film then a game, majorirty of the time theres no gameplay other then walk down this corridor and interact with an object. Final complaint but thres a section in the game where one of the main characters persuades his pregnant wife to give him another chance despite being a prisoner on the run. She reasonably says i dont know, that doesnt seem like a great idea. From that point until the end if the scene, the character just repeatedly says to every reasonable point she brings up "you have to trust me" and it just comes off like the writer had no clue how to make this seem realistic. Other then that there are so funny moments of dialogue between characters, some of the scripted sections are fun and im a fan of the game basically having no shooting gameplay. It's an experience first ajd foremost and a game at a very distant second. I supoose in that sense as a co op game its very innobative, just a shame the game doesnt try to do more. Love to see what the developer does next. Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. **** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending.**** trash suck story. **** that ending. Expand
  16. Oct 25, 2020
    I give it a 9 because it was like playing a movie, plus it was a great co-op game that I had low expectations for. Definitely very fun, with moments of in-game fun and laughter. They also coordinated the team work extremely well and you find yourself needing to communicate quite a bit! Would of been a 10 if there was a better driving and shooting mechanics
  17. Oct 19, 2020
    A Way Out is a brilliant mix of well written cinematography and innovative cooperative gameplay. Although me and my co-op partner beat this in little more than 4 hours, its brilliant in its brevity and it makes me feel as if i was watching a movie.

The initial concept is simple: you and your co-op partner play as two escaped prisoners who swore revenge on a specific someone who happened to do them wrong. This concept may sound simple and cliched, but that’s what the game wants you to think, as because the relationships that the two prisoners build throughout the journey turn it into something more. While the ending and length won’t appeal to everyone, it feels perfect to me.

In terms of gameplay, the majority of it is fantastic and varied. It takes on multiple genres, including stealth, third person shooting, quick time events, driving, and cooperative activities. The only place that suffers is in the third person shooter aspect. The cover based shooting is basic, yet action packed. However, the actual shooting may feel a bit stiff to some. The best part, however, is the cooperative gameplay. I never felt so satisfied by working with my co-op partner in any game, and i genuinely wish there were more games like it.

All in all, A Way Out gets so much more right then it does wrong. It’s mix of gameplay, and its emotional story drove me and my co-op partner forward to the very end.
  18. Sep 29, 2020
    Es uno de los mejores juegos coop de historia que he jugado, le pongo un 7 porque la historia y la jugabilidad me ha gustado mucho aunque el juego es un poco corto está genial y poder ver ambos puntos de vista de la historia a la vez es muy original.
  19. Sep 17, 2020
    Buen punto de partida, cosas interesantes y a la espera de una segunda parte o de un segundo juego que mejore lo que hace este.
  20. Sep 17, 2020
    A Way Out is a Masterpiece of Storytelling, Co-op, and Emotions.

A Way Out is a Masterpiece of Storytelling, Co-op, and Emotions.

I'm writing this at 3 AM after beating the game. This is not a normal occurrence for me. I never write reviews. But after what I just finished... It wouldn't be doing it a justice to not. I started playing A Way Out with my brother a few weeks ago. We had a ton of fun messing around. The sequences were really cool and it was just really fun in general. But we took a break for a while because we never got time until tonight. I cannot describe how much of a masterpiece this game is. If you are interested, BUY IT, Invite a friend, and thank me later. This game will go on with me on with me for the rest of my life as one of THE best games. Ever.
  21. Sep 13, 2020
    Worst co op Game i have ever played **** worst **** you ea **** you wasted my money so far for this ****
  22. Sep 10, 2020
    Неплохая игра , прошёл с другом за несколько вечеров. Сюжет интригует, первая половина игры крутая, дальше идет на спад:концовка ужас, много стрельбы, которая очень слабая.Игра на один раз.
  23. Aug 9, 2020
    A Way Out is a split-screen co-op game from movie director Josef Fares, the creator of the magnificent Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

The "get out of prison and revenge" story is nice, there is some delightful character progression for both Leo and Vincent, but the unexpected twist in the end is a mis-step because it's out of character for both protagonists. The game lasts 5 hours or so until the end credits roll, it is kinda short but it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it's a nice change of pace between playing epic 60 hours long open world games.

Gameplay is very basic, with some environmental exploration and puzzles every now and then. Two players (you can play either couch or online co-op) control each of the two protagonists who have no special abilities of their own, so it doesn't matter which character you choose to play as. The weakest element of gameplay is the shooting system, which is cumbersome to say the least, but it's forgiveable because there is a generous hit box and it's not the focus of the experience anyway.

Graphics are very good and stylized, quality being just short of a modern AAA production, with the game being rendered twice or even thrice at the same time on occasion, in order to show different points of view. On PS4 frame rate regularly drops below 30 fps, but it doesn't really affect the experience because it's a slow-paced game. Still I recommend playing this game at 60 fps on a PC if possible.

Overall this is a very enjoyable story-based adventure game and I highly recommend it to everyone.
  24. Jul 24, 2020
    A way out
    .................................................................
  25. Jul 22, 2020
    Игра очень крутая, проходил с девушкой, обоим очень понравилось, побольше бы таких игр для двоих
  26. Jul 12, 2020
    Incrível, é sensacional jogar em Coop. Fora que é bem emocionante em seu final 6
  27. Jul 9, 2020
    очень классный кооператив, много интересных мини-игр и совместных действий. Минусы : кривая стрельба, слабая графика
  28. Jul 7, 2020
    Destacar los juegos de cámara, la cooperación en la jugabilidad y la pedazo de historia.
  29. Jul 3, 2020
    What can I say, it's been a long time since I had so much fun playing a game. It kept me engaged right from the beginning. It has some of the most unique puzzles I've ever come crossed in video games. It's short and action-packed, so it won't take away too much of your time. If you're trying to have some fun and maybe connect with an old friend, this is the perfect game.
  30. May 11, 2020
    Not strong game in technical moments, but there is very interesting story with unexpected final
  31. Jun 26, 2020
    An extremely fun adventure that's best experienced with someone next to you on the couch, the amount of fun that comes with this game was surely missed considering that it's hard to find coop split screen games these days. This game brings joy even if the game isn't that long.
  32. Jun 25, 2020
    Fun co-op games but the doesn't have any Replay value , But I would recommend it, Find it for cheap and play
  33. Jun 22, 2020
    The story is nice, a way to present it too. Game is directed to people who want the story only.
    No skill is actually needed, the enemy shoots like storm troopers, each death, and failure doesn't have any consequences. This game is like you watch a good movie.
    'about the ending, you'll need to finish it on your own to feel it.
    (I don't want to spoil impression you can feel)
  34. May 25, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow...this game....I just. You ever get into a game and just love it, but the ending is just so bad you can never play it again? Well that's A Way Out. My spouse and I recently went through this game, sure some of the activities were fun to do together. But I want to be upfront, we thought this game was all about a prison escape, all advertisements painted it that way. Only roughly 1/4 of the game is the prison, I was disappointed by this.
    The story also had some heartfelt moments I really enjoyed. But the ending.....oh god the ending....So many plot holes, so many things that just didn't make sense. I felt empty at the end of this game, but not in a good way. The ending was basically a cop (Vincent) abusing his power for revenge, taking a criminal (Leo) who was looking for some form of redemption and pinning everything on him. Just to get this....KILL the criminal in the end who had no idea he was a pawn.....(Or you can kill the cop, wish I chose that ending). Total Garbage. Did I mention you get attached to these characters? Oh, and of course you get to meet the criminals family he is trying to help, only to see the cop tell them in the end "I killed you husband for my revenge". I can't recommend this game to anyone after seeing that.
  35. Jan 6, 2020
    Way overpriced! Filled with bugs and glitches. The storyline is for kids. Very illogical. Graphics are not bad and some tasks were fun to complete. For the money, it’s a rip-off!
  36. Apr 27, 2020
    Un titolo che da subito ha catturato il mio interesse per essere una vera e propria avventura Co-op. Il gioco è una bellissima storia da giocare interamente con un amico, con un ottimo rapporto qualità prezzo finale, dato anche dal fatto che è abbastanza possedere una sola copia del gioco per giocare entrambi
  37. Apr 20, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great cinematic Coop-Action! The Story isn't very innovative, but always entertaining with an unexpectedly plot twist a the end. I had never such a fascinsting coop experience before and i would not want to miss it anymore. Expand
  38. Feb 16, 2020
    I hate this game for not giving any options at the end. Both of the possible endings are bad and just out of character. Both of characters. It's a cheap drama and nothing else. And it spoils the overall expression. I was really enjoying the game despite all its numerous flaws. I was even enjoying its final twist, however dumb this was. But that final thing is just traumatizing in the worstI hate this game for not giving any options at the end. Both of the possible endings are bad and just out of character. Both of characters. It's a cheap drama and nothing else. And it spoils the overall expression. I was really enjoying the game despite all its numerous flaws. I was even enjoying its final twist, however dumb this was. But that final thing is just traumatizing in the worst way. It's an unforgettable ending indeed, but in the wrong way. That was the the game I'd like to love and ending I'd like to forget. But we rarely get what we'd like. Expand
  39. Feb 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The base game is amazing but the ending **** sucks and almost made me **** cry. Expand
  40. Feb 9, 2020
    A unique experience that I will remember for a long time. I respect the authors for such a high-quality project. emotional, interesting, fascinating. given your opinion and that of a friend, this is a great game.
  41. Feb 3, 2020
    A way out, a wonderful co-op game that can be played with a friend or a girl. Immediately, when I am asked why I love this game, I will say that for the cooperative, it is really good here. Donati is not here, neither the one nor the DLC. The game seems at first glance that the entire game will have to try to escape from prison, NO, escaping from prison takes only a quarter of the game,A way out, a wonderful co-op game that can be played with a friend or a girl. Immediately, when I am asked why I love this game, I will say that for the cooperative, it is really good here. Donati is not here, neither the one nor the DLC. The game seems at first glance that the entire game will have to try to escape from prison, NO, escaping from prison takes only a quarter of the game, the rest of the time will be spent on the loose and solve the problems of the main characters. The game also has no option to play with a random player, there is a local game and a game with a friend, and even if you have a bad Internet connection, the game will both go well. If you want to play with a friend, but he does not have this game, it is not a problem, he needs to download the demo version of the game, but it is necessary that one of you should have a game. The platinum Cup can be obtained in 40 minutes, due to the fact that the game is divided into chapters. The game itself is played for no more than 8 hours. Conclusion: the game is great for what would pass with a friend, if you were wondering what you can play with a friend, then a way out is a great option! Expand
  42. Jan 19, 2020
    It was The best experience of my life. Everyone must try this game. This game contain so much mini game and there are so much people and thing you can interact with
  43. Jan 18, 2020
    The game is made very sloppy, but it has it's great moments. More of a cliche movie than a game. Almost no gameplay.
  44. Jan 8, 2020
    Неплохая игра со скудным бюджетом, так то всё хорошо но когда дело доходит до стрельбы или же езды хочется закрыть глаза
  45. Jan 15, 2020
    единственная игра по которую жена сказала: "Ну что, давай поиграем". В начале скучновато, а потом становится очень интересно
  46. Jan 13, 2020
    un cooperativo entretenido, pero demasiado repetitivo
    apartado técnico aceptable, animaciones y jugabilidad mejorables

un pasillo con demasiadas cosas secundarias en las que perder el tiempo literalmete
    se centra demasiado en una historia que no sorprende, y que sólo destaca en un par de momentos concretos

el cooperativo le da cierto atractivo, pero no lo salva de ser un juego mediocre
  47. Dec 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Was good until they completely smashed us with the **** Co-op ending to a game ever. We worked so hard together and we end up enemy's. That's not a good go. Expand
  48. Nov 22, 2019
    Разработчики большие молодцы, спасибо, таких игр нужно больше! Учитесь
  49. Nov 14, 2019
    Story is really great, gameplay average. I can recommend this game to everyone that is looking for a good game that can be played locally with a friend.
  50. Nov 10, 2019
    It is a very funny game to play with a close friend or a familiar, totally recomended
  51. Nov 7, 2019
    Not the best, but one of what game that bring the new level in the coo-op games, do it u go in right direction
  52. Nov 3, 2019
    Одна из первых кооперативных моих игр. Очень понравилось, сюжет местами вызывает вопросы.
  53. Nov 1, 2019
    I find it really fun to play with your girlfriend or a friend, as it is designed to be enjoyed.
    Hats off to the devs for implementing such a variety of mini-games across the path, too!
    Great game.
  54. Oct 28, 2019
    Жаль потраченного времени. Игра, в которой создана иллюзия, будто от тебя что-то зависит. На деле, задумано только так, что нужно выбирать пути, которых можно было бы избежать. Сюжет не затягивает... Ни о каком кооперативе и речи не идёт, дичь... Если вы думаете начинать играть в нее - не рекомендую.Жаль потраченного времени. Игра, в которой создана иллюзия, будто от тебя что-то зависит. На деле, задумано только так, что нужно выбирать пути, которых можно было бы избежать. Сюжет не затягивает... Ни о каком кооперативе и речи не идёт, дичь... Если вы думаете начинать играть в нее - не рекомендую.
  55. Oct 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a awesome game Best two players game i like it so much i play again and again and again Expand
  56. Oct 21, 2019
    Great game for two people.I have a good time with mygirlfriend.I recommend.
  57. Oct 12, 2019
    Without spoiling anything: played in couch coop, this game does something that no other medium could.
  58. Oct 7, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a good game for 2 players because it increase the our energy and we don't tired of playing it Expand
  59. Sep 14, 2019
    Одна из самых скучнейших игр во Вселенной. Забагованная, однообразная и бревнистая... Ребята, не повторяйте наших ошибок и не теряйте своё драгоценное время на этот кусок говнеца.
  60. Sep 9, 2019
    It was a really nice and new experience. I played this game with my girlfriend and we had a blast. The game was fun and the way they made it come together was amazing. Gameplay is a bit lumpy and it was noticable that the studio did this for the first time. The story had some real unexpected elements. It is also a game you won’t play more than once. After all just fun :)
  61. Sep 2, 2019
    Неплохая игра от еа. Интересный кооп. Ужасная стрельба и графика
  62. Aug 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Я рыдала как мразььььььььььььььь))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Expand
  63. Aug 9, 2019
    The game is so good and the co-op is very well planned and fun overall experience. I appreciate the studio and Josef Fares passion on making this game and wish to see more of them in the future. I wish EA will focus on supporting a full games based on fun and story telling more than finding a way to increase loot boxes and cash grabbing predatory and I believe people will give you good scores.
  64. Aug 2, 2019
    Great Co op game, hope to see more like this. Awesome a friend does not need to buy a copy to play online with you
  65. Aug 2, 2019
    Немного странная концовка, но кооперативных игр не много, поэтому грех жаловаться)
  66. Jul 2, 2019
    Utter garbage. Dialogue and storytelling is amateurish, mundane tasks you need to perform over and over again are extremely boring, level design is actually tunnel design, many "puzzles" are at the same time illogical and still super obvious given the tools the game provides the player. And then the biggest gripe of the game - the cutscenes. There's a ton of them, all extremely poorlyUtter garbage. Dialogue and storytelling is amateurish, mundane tasks you need to perform over and over again are extremely boring, level design is actually tunnel design, many "puzzles" are at the same time illogical and still super obvious given the tools the game provides the player. And then the biggest gripe of the game - the cutscenes. There's a ton of them, all extremely poorly written, conveying an all-in-all lackluster story. There can be a 5 min cutscene, then a loading screen to another 5 min cutscene with a narrative time jump, then a time jump back and another piece of cutscene. Played this with my girlfriend and the only brief periods of entertainment we got out of the game was laughing at the super bad dialogue. 1 point for that and the fact that the graphics were the only thing in the game which didn't totally suck. Made my account here to let actual gamers know. Expand
  67. Jun 21, 2019
    Worst **** railroaded ending I've seen in a very long time. Someone needs to look up the definition of "co op" in the dictionary.
    Even before that it was merely OK, with only a handful decisions on what path to take throughout the whole game, which had an extremely cliche and predicable plot.
  68. Jun 18, 2019
    My buddy and I played through the game (he played for free) and it was one of the best co-op games in a while. Pretty good story with likable characters.
  69. Jun 10, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spend the whole game as Vincent trying to get my brother playing as Leo killed and then got to kill him in the final twist :) 10/10 would do it again. Only negative point is that I didn't get to adopt Alex. But in all seriousness, it's a great coop experience. From the way you have to work together to how the split screen effect works, you're 100% immersed in this very compelling story. Expand
  70. Jun 2, 2019
    Simplesmente um dos melhores sistemas multiplayer combinado com boa história dessa geração. Infelizmente hoje em dia é raro ver um game tão eficaz como jogo cooperativo local de campanha, como víamos lá nos anos 90, 2000 como no super Nintendo e ainda alguns que sobrevivem no PS1 e ps2. E A WAY OUT trouxe isso de volta, com uma história envolvente, protagonistas carismáticos, e um finalSimplesmente um dos melhores sistemas multiplayer combinado com boa história dessa geração. Infelizmente hoje em dia é raro ver um game tão eficaz como jogo cooperativo local de campanha, como víamos lá nos anos 90, 2000 como no super Nintendo e ainda alguns que sobrevivem no PS1 e ps2. E A WAY OUT trouxe isso de volta, com uma história envolvente, protagonistas carismáticos, e um final surpreendente e inesperadamente homenagememocionante. Outros pontos interessantes é que a jogabilidade sutilmente faz homenagem a outras categorias de de games multiplayer. jogo muito bom.games. Expand
  71. May 30, 2019
    A Way Out is a super creative and ridiculously fun game. I played with one of my long time friends, and we both loved it.
  72. May 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game but the one problem is that we should to kill one of 2 character Expand
  73. May 17, 2019
    I’d normally give an 8 of a game with a simple story and action like that, but I give 9 because of two reasons: firstly, game is designed from ground up for multiplayer (esp. couch multiplayer) and there are many gameplay elements that make use of cooperative play well. Secondly, there are many items that can be interacted with in different ways. Both of these indicate that game developersI’d normally give an 8 of a game with a simple story and action like that, but I give 9 because of two reasons: firstly, game is designed from ground up for multiplayer (esp. couch multiplayer) and there are many gameplay elements that make use of cooperative play well. Secondly, there are many items that can be interacted with in different ways. Both of these indicate that game developers put a great effort into this game. Expand
  74. May 9, 2019
    Great co op game, in a genre which doesn't seem to have many entries, cinematic which brings great enjoyment when played with a friend
  75. May 7, 2019
    By far one of the best games I have ever played. It merges clever gameplay with cinematic shots and cutscenes. Its a great game: Stunning graphics (for me at least), pretty good dialogue for a videogame on a low budget, great puzzles, clever combat, very good plot, and finally, at times its even funny. That being said, the game has a few shortcomings: at times, the dialogue seems a littleBy far one of the best games I have ever played. It merges clever gameplay with cinematic shots and cutscenes. Its a great game: Stunning graphics (for me at least), pretty good dialogue for a videogame on a low budget, great puzzles, clever combat, very good plot, and finally, at times its even funny. That being said, the game has a few shortcomings: at times, the dialogue seems a little forced between Vincent and Leo. But a bigger problem is that sometimes a part of the plot or the gameplay is slightly cliche, childish or simply irrealistic. But these are a few faults in an otherwise fantastic game. 9/10. One of kind. Would recommend to your mother ( maybe not cause the characters swear alot) Expand
  76. Apr 26, 2019
    Great co-op game, fresh feelings, shoulder2shoulder gameplay and many fun. Buy it quickly! (If you have a good friend)
  77. Apr 17, 2019
    An epic couch Coop game that delivers heart and story throughout it's entirety.

Pros: - Variation of gameplay - Great character development - Amazing & unique split screen with dynamic transitions like nothing else - Great story throughout - Excellent Endings (multiple) - Lots of fun mini games within Cons - Voice acting in early chapters is weak - Graphics is average for
    An epic couch Coop game that delivers heart and story throughout it's entirety.

Pros:
    - Variation of gameplay
    - Great character development
    - Amazing & unique split screen with dynamic transitions like nothing else
    - Great story throughout
    - Excellent Endings (multiple)
    - Lots of fun mini games within

Cons
    - Voice acting in early chapters is weak
    - Graphics is average for it's time
    - Gun combat feels clunky
  78. Apr 9, 2019
    Great game - finally something relatively new and interesting!
    Had a lot of fun on the coop and really enjoying it. Gameplay is decent , story is nice, has its funny moments and badass ones too. The split screen is nicely done and I was genuinely surprised on some occasions how flawless it shifts the action.
    Find a good friend and go for a day or two of unique experience! Fares did it
    Great game - finally something relatively new and interesting!
    Find a good friend and go for a day or two of unique experience!
    Fares did it nicely this time and I cant wait for his next project!
  79. Feb 28, 2019
    Игра очень добротная за свой скромный прайс в 1800 рублей, а если брать в прокате, то вообще копейки - 200! Игра строго на двоих и можно пройти на одной приставке в режиме локального кооператива, не обязательно играть с кем-либо онлайн - в наше время это большая редкость!
    В этой игре вас ожидает выполнение разнообразных задач вдвоём с напарником, перестрелки, погони и мини-игры, в том числе настолки.
    Порой возникает ощущение, что запустил Uncharted на минималках, так как есть несколько уровней очень похожих на четвёртую часть, только исполненных не настолько эпично и красиво, но это нормально, так как игра стоит не 4к и к тому же на двоих - за такое можно многое простить!

Всем рекомендую, 7-8 часов удовольствия вам с другом гарантировано… для игры по интернету не надо покупать вторую копию - достаточно выслать гостевое приглашение... и это хорошо:)
  80. Feb 17, 2019
    Gameplay/Mechanics: 7.5
    Sound/Music: 7
    Graphics/Art: 7.5
    Story/Atmosphere: 6
    OVERALL: 7/10
  81. Feb 10, 2019
    There is such a lack of couch co-op games, which aren't party titles, and multiplayer campaigns. This is a breath of fresh air. An online or couch co-op campaign with a brilliant story and fantastic gameplay. The splitscreen is so unique with how it shows different things on each player's half, without disturbing the other player. This game has set the bar high and I hope there will beThere is such a lack of couch co-op games, which aren't party titles, and multiplayer campaigns. This is a breath of fresh air. An online or couch co-op campaign with a brilliant story and fantastic gameplay. The splitscreen is so unique with how it shows different things on each player's half, without disturbing the other player. This game has set the bar high and I hope there will be more like it in future. Expand
  82. Jan 2, 2019
    Awesome game to play with a friend. Amazing plot twist that got both me and my friend by surprise, and the ending gameplay is really a fun turn of events as well! A little short but still very good.
  83. Dec 2, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. We were so excited to get this game and finally have a split screen coop game that we could fight the good fight together. Like Yana Kasyanova's review - if I wrote this 40 minutes in I would have said it was the best game in a long time. We enjoyed the clichéed storyline and cut scenes but to come through all that effort to be forced to kill each other - I don't think the author thought that there would be a big chance that friends would want to play this game. Players that are seeking to win together.

This game completely fails on that front. Was painfully disappointing and to top off that it was over in about 8hrs of relaxed play AND it's clearly not designed for replayability - it's hard to believe it got so many positive reviews.

I want my $30 back.
  84. Nov 23, 2018
    Самая лучшая игра на двоих. Геймплей разнообразный. Сюжет интересный. Прохождение подарит много приятных эмоций
  85. Oct 26, 2018
    I am not buying any more crap from hazelight. Its not a game, its fake. booring, predictive and stupid story. A have nothing against interactive movie/game concept, for example "until dawn" was great , in my opinion. But this is just FAKE. To the creator i would say: **** you junkie!
  86. Sep 17, 2018
    la historia es pasable con un final que no esperaba realmente lo mejor que tiene el juego es que si estas en cooperativo te lo pasas muy bien.
    como juego es muy simple, no representa ningun reto. en ningun momento se complica ni la trama te hace poner en adrenalina o suspenso, particularmente lo note muy monotono
    es divertido para pasarla bien un rato con un amigo, 10 dolares como mucho
    es divertido para pasarla bien un rato con un amigo, 10 dolares como mucho es una buena compra
  87. Sep 8, 2018
    A Way Out is an interesting game with a fun and somewhat unique gimmick. Most people probably remember this game as “The Game made by the **** The Oscars’ guy” but there is more to it. It’s a co-op game and it has to be played in co-op. It does suck for the people who don’t have a friend that they can play with but even then, that’s the cool thing about the internet. You go to the rightA Way Out is an interesting game with a fun and somewhat unique gimmick. Most people probably remember this game as “The Game made by the **** The Oscars’ guy” but there is more to it. It’s a co-op game and it has to be played in co-op. It does suck for the people who don’t have a friend that they can play with but even then, that’s the cool thing about the internet. You go to the right place and you will find people.

Getting back to the game, it’s a linear story where two characters meet in prison and then the story becomes a very run of the mill revenge story. Both characters Vincent and Leo have been wronged by the same guy so they forumulate a plan to break out of prison, find Harvey (the man who wronged them) and murder him.

The story was okay and very serviceable but it isn’t going to win any awards. What probably made the story worse was probably the voice acting. What carries a game like this is the voice acting and the chemistry among actors, there was no chemistry among the characters. Everything felt so stiff between the two and that certainly made the script seem that much worse.

Where this game truly does shine is in the gameplay. It’s not even a case where the gameplay itself is that great but it’s always more fun to do something with a close friend. The game is almost always split-screen and so there were certain moments where I failed because I should have been doing something but I was far too busy watching my friends side of the screen. The game was smart in the sense that it did have some fun mini-games that you could play against your friend. There were horseshoes, darts, connect four (which FYI, I may be the worst connect four players of all time), arm wrestling and there was an arcade cabinet with a game called Grenade Brothers.

I definitely look back at this game and think about how much fun I had with this game. The one thing that I am not so sure about is, I don’t know if I had fun because of the game or because I enjoy hanging out with my friend. Either way, this game was fun to play through and I definitely recommend this game for everyone. Its short, its fun and it’s not going to break the bank. Definitely worth a look.
  88. Sep 2, 2018
    This is a wonderful game. Split screen coops or any couch coops at all are a bit rare these days, and I'm judging this game against its competition in those genres. There are a good variety of different coop and friendly competitive things to do, and it looks great. The cut scenes did drag on a bit long as in all story-telling games, but at least you've got a mate there to wake you up whenThis is a wonderful game. Split screen coops or any couch coops at all are a bit rare these days, and I'm judging this game against its competition in those genres. There are a good variety of different coop and friendly competitive things to do, and it looks great. The cut scenes did drag on a bit long as in all story-telling games, but at least you've got a mate there to wake you up when it's your turn. I found the story kinda schmaltzy, so some people will love it and some people will hate it. There's not a whole lot of replay value in the game, but it is a great once-off experience. Expand
  89. Jul 31, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly it was one of the best coop experiences ive had, I just wish there has been some input for the ending. I know its a story being told but damn if that ending doesn't hit you in all the wrong places. I know the game is linear but not having a choice to make at the end I think hurt the story. For the price I paid the game was great my only criticism would be for the ending, its not bad and its got emotion it has a Heat feel, which is a huge compliment, but the choice should have been there for me to make (as the Vincent player) Expand
  90. Jul 28, 2018
    This game does nothing well. You start the game as a man you standing in a prison with your friend. Your friend is next to you and he there with a knife. You are like "help me open this toilet I need to go in". He is helping you get in the toilet and a guard come. You get some beds, you get some tools, and you climb through the toilet. Leo is a very bad boy. Vincent is a very good boy.This game does nothing well. You start the game as a man you standing in a prison with your friend. Your friend is next to you and he there with a knife. You are like "help me open this toilet I need to go in". He is helping you get in the toilet and a guard come. You get some beds, you get some tools, and you climb through the toilet. Leo is a very bad boy. Vincent is a very good boy. They are different but they are the same. They are close now, even though Leo doesn't want to be close. They get out and are chased by dogs. Like WTF?! Who would let dogs go that far!? This game gets so bad from here because it doesn't know what it is! Is it a hospital drama, or is it a crime thriller. Like Leo is such a **** He should **** kill Ray. Why did he not **** kick that little **** bag off the roof. Like for real!? He hold a blow torch against he balls but not kick he off the roof!? AND THAT GINGER **** EMILY AT THE END OF THE GAME WHY HE NOT SHOOT HER LIKE **** YOU EMILY! This game was fun, but not many times did I smile. Over all 3 out of ten Old Boys. Expand
  91. Jul 23, 2018
    From the creator of the excellent Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, A Way Out is a co-op only action adventure game with a focus on story. In a generous move the game can be played offline or online using just one copy of the game.

The co-op only concept is a neat idea and, playing through the game with my brother, I did mostly enjoy the experience. Overall though I found the gameplay to be a little too simplistic at times and the over reliance on QTE sections made some sections a little dull. There is potential in the concept but A Way Out only manages to half realise it.
  92. Jun 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this my first time love a game from EA , the great idea is that you can play online with your friend and only one of you buy the game !! it's amazing !!! I hope if can see more like this game . 9/10 Expand
  93. Jun 17, 2018
    There are many fun parts sprinkled through out the game. And I found the co-op experience to be one that I enjoyed. But the narrative and characters fell completely flat, and the ending was way too over-dramatic and cheesy. I had fun, but I wasn't that invested in the revenge plot.
  94. May 26, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (ゝ‿O)
    Good:
    - The minigames offer good fun with your co-op partner
    - Making the game 100% co-op opens itself up to a lot of interesting sequences
    - The fact that only one person has to own the game to play online is fantastic incentive to give it a shot
    - **** the Oscars

- The game is very unpredictable and keeps players engaged the whole way through, but the sheer amount of mechanics that get thrown around makes for a very shallow experience
    - The confrontation at the end game is a little predicable, but the execution of the final sequence makes for a tense showdown

Bad:
    - Sub-par voice acting
    - The story solely consists of non-stop cliches
    - Very mediocre writing throughout
    - The optional interactables and NPC conversations add nothing add little to nothing to the story or experience
    - Personal gripe: zero collectibles
    XXX
  95. May 25, 2018
    While not perfect, this is a step in the right direction by the developer. There haven't been many split-screen co-op games around and this one brings the spirit of these games. Some people hated the fact the screen is always split in half, even in online play, but I actually liked it a lot. It's an excellent game to play with your friends or family. It's pretty short and the story isWhile not perfect, this is a step in the right direction by the developer. There haven't been many split-screen co-op games around and this one brings the spirit of these games. Some people hated the fact the screen is always split in half, even in online play, but I actually liked it a lot. It's an excellent game to play with your friends or family. It's pretty short and the story is quite predictable and not perfect, but I'm sure Hazelight will improve and release a more polished product next time as they've proven they can create good games. Hopefully EA gives them more budget next time. 7/10. Expand
  96. May 21, 2018
    Didn't have this much fun for a long time. A must play, it's relatively cheap and you can share the cost with a friend ;)
  97. May 13, 2018
    A unique co-op experience that excels in story telling and game play mechanics, I thoroughly enjoyed this game and never got bored with it once, worth picking up for anyone who likes co-op games.
  98. May 8, 2018
    Best coop game in the last 5 years. some areas have wonky controls but the story telling and gameplay overall are excellent. My favorite game of the year so far!!
  99. May 7, 2018
    A great game. And it is really helpful for people to cooperate. After several hours playing , now my wife can help me to pee when I am holding my baby with both hands.
  100. Apr 27, 2018
    Nothing to write home about. Unfortunately, the storytelling is very weak. A lot of things are equal to the TV-series "Prison Break". I was not able to warm-up to the characters Leo and Vincent.
  101. Mar 24, 2018
    Maybe is the best coop that I played in my life. Nowadays all games make you to play online and tear away de joy of playing with friends in the same console, but this game makes that you want to go to your friend's house and play it together.

All about this game is perfect.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 62 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 6, 2018
    Thanks to its purely co-op gameplay, A Way Out is a beautiful experience, which heavily involves both players throughout the adventure.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    We need more games like A Way Out. Josef Fares’ new title is not only one of the best interactive movies ever made, it also understands and executes co-op exceptionally well and shows how much potential lies in the AA segment. [05/2018, p.53]
  3. May 21, 2018
    With attention to detail within every nook and cranny, watching how their two stories diverge and converge at integral moments of the game is a fascinating experience that needs to be played through twice. Playing as both Leo and Vince will offer two unique story paths, as they both have different roles in solving puzzles, while narrative-forks provide a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure element to the story.