6.1

1. Nov 1, 2019
    Afterparty a really boring game. The dialog is not funny and conversation are very awkward. Often times confusing. What makes the dialog even worst is that the game is 5 to 6 hours long. 3 hours of this game enough.

The characters - I hate them. Lola has no personality other than "Stereotypical independent black woman". Milo is dull. He tries to be funny but it fails every time. I hate that they focus more on him than Lola. Side characters outside of WormHorn you won't remember them.

Gameplay - A lot like Oxenfree its just walking around. 2 mini games but honestly they ain't great. The game has serious bugs. I got a bug that occur during the end of the game that made beating it impossible. As well as the FPS going to zero crashing my game, even corrupting the file. As well has bug making my screen black. No replay value because all the endings suck. Btw no NG+

Sound - Music is okay. The voice acting is not. Lola poorly dubbed same with Milo.

This game fails at everything it tries to do. Even moral values tried forcing you to understand fail flat.
    Don't buy list.
  2. Nov 4, 2019
    I played this after having waited years. I am a huge Oxenfree can, and thought this would be as good, but I'm slightly disappointed. The soundtrack is okay. I was expecting the same caliber as Oxenfree, but nope. This game is still really buggy on PS4. It suffers from frame rate drops, when after a patch. The dialogue is okay. Overall it's decent, but it's not Oxenfree.

1. Nov 11, 2019
    Afterparty is a unique look at the people we are, the people we wish to be, and how the world, its occupants, and even ourselves can frequently f.ck with both. While as a video game it offers mostly persistent conversation, that conversation is excellently performed and smartly written. Despite undeniable narrative and technical shortcomings, Afterparty is still a shindig worth turning up to, even if the invite seemed a little more promising.
  2. Nov 8, 2019
    Some weird technical mishaps aside, Afterparty is a helluva ride. Night School Studio’s depiction of Hell is wonderfully inventive, quirky, and surprisingly enticing. While it’s certainly up for debate whether it dethrones Oxenfree, Afterparty is a quality followup that will bring a smile to your face. The story is solid with great relatable characters but the constantly hilarious script and dialogue make Afterparty worth sticking with until the very end, even after everybody’s gone home.
  3. Nov 4, 2019
    I'm torn from afterparty. On the one hand, the crazy characters, along with funny dialogues and completely ridiculous story are an absolute genre highlight. On the other hand, however, what you do in the game is just too much limited. The drink feature is a really funny gimmick, but there is not much depth. Moreover, apart from the decisions on which of the two options you choose, there is not really much to do.