6.9

1. Mar 8, 2015
    Undead and Undressed is a rather strange game from the start, you begin in a very dark room strapped to a table after being experimented on only to then be told that you are no longer human in, you have been changed into a man made vampire who will soon be feasting on the general public’s energy an just to be difference its not their life force you are after it is their determination itsUndead and Undressed is a rather strange game from the start, you begin in a very dark room strapped to a table after being experimented on only to then be told that you are no longer human in, you have been changed into a man made vampire who will soon be feasting on the general public’s energy an just to be difference its not their life force you are after it is their determination its amazing what happens when you apply for a job and sign something without reading it T&C’s its how they get ya.

Don’t worry though as just before they are about to kill you after marking you as a failure you are saved by a rather good looking lady in white who’s weapon of choice is wait for it an umbrella!! I know what you are thinking but its more useful than you think as then the game will shift to battle mode where you get a rather old school 3D fighter where you beat your enemies into submission.

The battle mode is good as it flows pretty well and the controls are easy to master and before you know it will be handing out combo after combo in no time at all, but get this in this game you don’t really have a life meter remember when I said you are a man made vampire well whats a vampire’s biggest weakness you got it the SUN!! but only if your body is not covered in cloths at all times when in the sun so this is in essence your life meter as in order to keep your enemies down you need to beat them senseless and then rip off there cloths before they rip off yours and when I say rip them off that is literally right down to their underwear and if you can get a good going rhythm then you get the bonus of pulling off their underwear as well the only bad point on this is its all blocked out AND they tend to either run away or they burst into flames before your very eyes.

All that aside the graphics themselves are not state of the art but the over all experience that you get from this game is pretty strong I personally saw it as a bit of fun that really does justice to not just a fighter but also a decent J-RPG as the story is fairly strong this is a game that you can pick up and just fall into even if you have not played it for a while.

I recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of JRPG’s and 3D Fighters be you hardcore gamers or casual gamers this is a really fun game to play and enjoy.

Full Review @ItsMuchMore
  2. Dec 7, 2014
    Let me get this out first: Not everyone will like Akiba's Trip, especially people who can't get into games that are strongly referencing japanese culture, in this case otaku specifically.
    Personally I am indifferent to this, but I don't want to play western audience games all the times, so this game is a nice change. If I were to categorize Akiba's Trip, it is foremost a brawler, with RPG, visual novel and dating sim elements. The story, while not containing too many surprises, is interesting enough and the characters are very likable and well acted.
    The in-game graphics are not special, while sharp and with bright colors, the textures are not all that detailed, but overall it's good enough to not be in the way. The static graphics on the other hand are beautiful, it's a nice touch to display real japanese ads during the (short) load times. The static character graphics are beautifully drawn.
    I personally like the soundtrack, which is in the style I usually hear in anime movies (haven't watched to many of those), a lot of piano, guitars, bass and vocals.
    About the gameplay: the fighting element has some issues, mostly because the controls are not very responsive, throughout my playing I never had a feeling to be truly in control of my actions. The only time when I felt this is during the quick-time events where you pull the clothing off, on the casual level at least, you have sufficient time to basically never fail and pull-off long chains, especially towards the end, when the game throws hordes of opponents at you. Apropos "hordes of opponents", unfortunately, sometimes the game will throw infinite amounts of opponents at you and even if you have no trouble beating them, it never ends. I believe this to be a bug that can be hopefully fixed in the future.
    You can finish the game relatively quick, and luckily, the game offers enough incentives to play the game multiple times, since you have a New Game+ mode, can customize your characters, see multiple endings and go item hunting.
    I give this a 7, mostly because of the unresponsive fighting, but I thing it's a very cute game, and worth playing if you are open to games from the Japanese culture.
  3. Nel
    Nov 29, 2016
    Game has some interesting modes, but the story overall is nothing great. XSEED made sure of that there are a lot of things to do in the game, but the overall feeling of that you are doing something that actually matters to the plot gets lost.
  4. Jan 4, 2018
    It is an entertaining game. Funny jokes and unique character. The story is rather simple. But what the game does well is the amount of customization of your character. Fighting might get repetitive.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. May 15, 2015
    All in all, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed is an uneven experience.
    Akiba’s Trip is an example of what happens when you build an anime RPG around the solely superficial. It’s Shin Megami Tensei with absolutely no depth and a nonsensical story that somehow almost works. Somehow, there are charms to all the camp, but technical flaws drag all that down, leaving a game that will tug at your curiosity - and then bitterly disappoint.
  3. Mar 9, 2015
    This RPG/ Brawler mash-up has enough strong points and an ostensibly kinky central mechanic to ensure that it’ll find a market.