3.4

1. Mar 2, 2019
    There is some fun to be had here but so many crashes, slow load times, shallow endgame, no good loot to chase and quality of life problems. Will see where it's at in 6 months.
  2. Feb 22, 2019
    Its not a 0 but it is definitely not a 10 either. Any review with either just disregard as fanboys or EA haters. The game's mechanics are fine, flying is fun and its nice to see and play in the world. However as a game as a service, it has all the issues that come with it. Games not complete, its closer to a beta than a finished product, very little to do, the hub is lifeless, story isIts not a 0 but it is definitely not a 10 either. Any review with either just disregard as fanboys or EA haters. The game's mechanics are fine, flying is fun and its nice to see and play in the world. However as a game as a service, it has all the issues that come with it. Games not complete, its closer to a beta than a finished product, very little to do, the hub is lifeless, story is shallow bugs cripple the fun, framerates drop below 20 sometimes, flying should be more of an emphasis during battles, no chase missions, seriously? Missed opportunity. In short, it has potential but its not a $60 game right now and may not be for a good while.

Pros
    1. Flying is fun
    2. The game has potential
    3. The world is beautiful
    4. Combat at least at first is a lot of fun

Cons
    1. Shallow story
    2. Bugs galore
    3. The missions are extremely repetitive, lacking real variety
    4. In 2019, this many load screens and the long waits in them(even after the patch) is unacceptable
    5. Its a game as a service which means its not finished and as of right now theres not enough to do in the game. Essentially you're buying a promise from EA for continued support even if and most likely sales are lower than projected.
    6. Framerates do drop especially during combat.
    7. As much potential as this game has, its been rushed out whether by EA or Bioware or both. And it shows.
    8. Novelty of combat wears off quickly.
    9. Game needs better and different weapon types bc all feel and are about the same outside of damage. Also customized looks for the javelins would be great. Outside of the microtransactions ones i mean.
    10. 7 yrs in development to get this. I don't mean to sound biased but if it takes you this long to come out with a game that still belongs in beta imo, I worry absolutely about the state and depth of any dlc Bioware may come out with.

4/10 right now but it has a chance to get better but it's not worth $60 first day.
  3. Apr 25, 2019
    12 hours into the game and the only thing Anthem succeeds at is being a Destiny clone that's worse than Destiny. The gameplay is repetitive, there's is no story and the characters vary from bland to just plain annoying.
  4. Feb 22, 2019
    One thing that won't be "fixed in future": the ABYSMAL story and characters.

Listen, bugs don't bother me much. SJWs don't bother me at all. Loot problems and gameplay problems only bother me a little. What I care about in a **** BIOWARE game: story, characters, lore, choices, consequences. And these things are awful in Anthem. Absolutely awful. If you're complaining about bugs
    One thing that won't be "fixed in future": the ABYSMAL story and characters.

If you're complaining about bugs you're sending the wrong message. Youre saying that story matters less than bugs, in a Bioware game. It doesn't.

If you liked KOTOR or Jade Empire or Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age, don't buy this. I knew it would be like this, the very second they announced they were going online with it.
  5. Feb 22, 2019
    jogo mal feito.vale no maximo 50 e pronto.EA so lança jogo porcaria.tinha que falir essa porra.
  6. Feb 22, 2019
    Unfortunately the patch did nothing to improve performance or loading screens.
    Launching with less content than most single player games and padding that content out with the god awful tombs quest this is easily the biggest disappointment in years.
  7. Mar 4, 2019
    This review is basically here to illustrate my disappointment in the direction Bioware's taken with this late to the party looter shooter. I actually liked Mass Effect Andromeda, okay it had a lot of problems but there was still enough stuff in there to give me some of that Bioware magic. This game feels like what it is, a sell out ( yea a lot of end game micro-transactions ) and, to beThis review is basically here to illustrate my disappointment in the direction Bioware's taken with this late to the party looter shooter. I actually liked Mass Effect Andromeda, okay it had a lot of problems but there was still enough stuff in there to give me some of that Bioware magic. This game feels like what it is, a sell out ( yea a lot of end game micro-transactions ) and, to be honest, it's kinda depressing. I hope EA doesn't liquidate one of my favourite developers like they have with so many before them... but after this, it doesn't look good.

Update: Apparently this game may switch off your PS4 mid-play, in some cases it might actually brick your console - so yea, there's also that added bonus.
  8. Feb 22, 2019
    It's too little, too late.

Bioware attempts to get into the loot and shoot genre only to have too little content and not enough quality control. -Only 3 Strongholds/Raids -In-game store for cosmetic items -Lack of optimization when flying around -Fort Tarsis being so small it makes Dragon Age 2's Kirkwall seem large by comparison -Lack of Roleplaying and dialogue options found in
    It's too little, too late.

-Only 3 Strongholds/Raids
    -In-game store for cosmetic items
    -Lack of optimization when flying around
    -Lack of Roleplaying and dialogue options found in other Bioware games
    -Story mode so lacking they padded it out with grindy missions.

While customizing one of the 4 Javelins is entertaining for a little while, there's not enough there to justify a $60 purchase.

If you have Origin Premiere, go ahead, but wait for a patch and more content before diving in.
  9. Feb 22, 2019
    This game really sucked, just an absolute disappointment. I'm gonna try to get a refund.
  10. Feb 22, 2019
    I think it’s funny the fanboys are trying to give this a 10 when it deserves a 5 or 6 at most.. This game was simply not ready to be released and had a LOT of work left to be done (including the design of major aspects of it..)

Even though it’s supposed to be a GaaS, that’s not an excuse to release a game unfinished just because you can throw out some patches later on. It wasn’t released as a beta nor was it released as F2P. It was released as a “fully polished/finished” AAA title (and what a joke that is.)

Professional (emphasis here) critics are basically saying the same thing.. It’s boring, the loading screens are ridiculous, and the combat is VERY lackluster, not to mention the loot part of this looter shooter is very unimaginative and just plain bad..

Do yourself a favor and wait 6 months or so until they drop the price halfway and have a dozen or so major patch fixes in place. Then MAYBE it’ll be worth the price of admission for a few hours of mindless Iron-Man fantasy.

Did I mention the load screens?? Lol!
  11. Feb 22, 2019
    Everyone on here trying to claim that the only reason this game is receiving hate is because it is an EA game is absolutely, obnoxiously naive. Where are people's standards? Anthem is a game in which you take place in an uninspired, undercooked, glitchy world. Of which you do the same thing over and over again and it never pays off to anything good. Is simply one of the most mediocre gamesEveryone on here trying to claim that the only reason this game is receiving hate is because it is an EA game is absolutely, obnoxiously naive. Where are people's standards? Anthem is a game in which you take place in an uninspired, undercooked, glitchy world. Of which you do the same thing over and over again and it never pays off to anything good. Is simply one of the most mediocre games ever made. Combat can only get a game so far. People seriously need to stop supporting these live games as a service. it is not okay for developers and publishers to release products which are essentially stealing from you. here's a thought, how's about you release a game that is finished and is incredible, and then updated and patch it to be even more amazing. Not this crap where we're getting mediocrity in the hopes that maybe someday it'll be good. Not great, not amazing, spectacular and definitely not worth your money or time. Make a product, complete it to its fullest potential. And then expand upon that idea. if anthem was released in this way it wouldn't be receiving any hate. Look at Apex legends. In the EA game that is getting tons of praise. Why? Because it actually is a good game. Unlike anthem. anyone who supports anthem, supports this idea that it is okay for gamers to receive broken, Messy, sad and under thought hot messes like anthem. Expand
  12. Feb 22, 2019
    Complete trash of a game. Buggy, broken, lacking in content, repetitive combat, boring npcs, dull hub and marketplace, glitches galore, no true dungeons, no raids, no pvp, no world bosses except a couple easy titans. Failure of an endgameboss (how is it t that the first boss in the DMC5 demo is cooler and more reactive/responsive than the final boss of this game?!?!)
  13. Feb 22, 2019
    This game is awful. It is filled with bugs. I have fallen through the map and gotten stuck multiple times in the base. It also has really bad optimization. I'm playing this with and rtx 2080 and get really bad fps drops. It goes down to 0 fps and takes a little while to come back. Also when flying in the open world the fps will rarely go above 30. Anthem is the only game my PC can't run.This game is awful. It is filled with bugs. I have fallen through the map and gotten stuck multiple times in the base. It also has really bad optimization. I'm playing this with and rtx 2080 and get really bad fps drops. It goes down to 0 fps and takes a little while to come back. Also when flying in the open world the fps will rarely go above 30. Anthem is the only game my PC can't run. BF5 i can run at everything set to ultra and get a constant 140 fps. Getting back to anthem the story is also really bad and the characters are forgettable. The quests are also really boring as most of them are the same thing just in a different location. If you watch the reveal trailer and compare it with the actual game they are nothing alike. I wanted this game to be great but its not. Hopefully bioware can improve this game. It needs a lot of work but if they do it this game could become great. Expand
  14. Feb 22, 2019
    the patch changed **** nothing about the performance, still a true loading simulator.
  15. Feb 22, 2019
    What is this game trying to do exactly? A looter shooter without any sort of gear or weapon customization? Where are the cool looking weapons and armor sets in this LOOT BASED game? Where's the endgame? You have 3 instances once you reach max level and 2 of them are parts of the single player campaign that you've already been through and done. And why is there only 1 area to explore inWhat is this game trying to do exactly? A looter shooter without any sort of gear or weapon customization? Where are the cool looking weapons and armor sets in this LOOT BASED game? Where's the endgame? You have 3 instances once you reach max level and 2 of them are parts of the single player campaign that you've already been through and done. And why is there only 1 area to explore in this world? Such lazyness and lack of core content in this kind of game is just inexcusable. They give you the illusion of grinding for something but in the end you're not doing anything other than raising your damage numbers by 10 or 15. It actually buffles me how developers today think gamers are stupid enough to buy these kind of half assed works.

Do NOT support this game.. It's time for these companies and devs to **** off permanently. And don't give me the **** ass excuse of "WiLliNG tO gIVe BioWArE ANotHer ChAAnce", because the people that made Bioware popular are long gone by now. The NEW Bioware has no talent at all and they showed this to us multiple times this gen, so please let go of your nostalgia. There's better talent out there and if you ask me, I'd rather have Bioware terminated and Visceral revived.

P.S. Just look at how in a month from now EA launches the "|ive service" store and all the cool armor sets and weapons are being sold for 20$ each.
  16. Mar 13, 2019
    Nowadays, to make a game-service, a very slippery track.

Developer’s view of the start and development plan, these things are beyond our understanding.

There was hope for patch 1.0.5

But he - could not.

The sound also lags and buggy in the free mode, as well as new problems.

It is not worth 60 dollars (even at a big discount)

Waiting for her in ps plus.
  17. Feb 22, 2019
    Only good thing is the graphics. That's all this game has to offer. All it have is grinding, it have no interesting gameplay or story, lore, etc. It is an epic fail of BioWare and EA.
  18. Feb 22, 2019
    This game should be renamed "Destiny 2: Third Person Edition", because that's basically what this joke of a game is. It has some of the most repetitive missions I've ever seen in a AAA game. All the developers did was add pretty colorful lights during combat, to give players the illusion that the game is fun. The story is horrible and the physics are trash. Too many bugs and loadingThis game should be renamed "Destiny 2: Third Person Edition", because that's basically what this joke of a game is. It has some of the most repetitive missions I've ever seen in a AAA game. All the developers did was add pretty colorful lights during combat, to give players the illusion that the game is fun. The story is horrible and the physics are trash. Too many bugs and loading screens. There is hardly any content and customization.

There is no PVP anywhere to be found. That was the only thing close to fun in Destiny, and the lazy developers of Anthem didn't even bother to try. If I'm not mistaken, the whole point of online multiplayer is to give games more replay value, and make it a go-to experience (and of course, sell microtransactions). So what am I suppose to do in this boring game, after beating the main story? Even Farming Simulator has more replay value than this poor excuse of a game.

This game is online only. So once the developers switch off the servers, this game will end up in the trash can. Charging $60 for an online only game is a cashgrab. It's already bad enough that this game has no offline campaign, but the developers had the audacity to not add PvP in a online only game. I don't recommend this game at all. This game is an embarrassment
  19. Feb 23, 2019
    Things to note before playing Anthem in it's current launch state:

DON'T: Start playing Anthem if you're looking for the next installment of a "Bioware quality", single player, story driven, ARPG. It will feel like a completely unfinished game once you finish your story line and you will quickly lose patience with the bugs and loading screens still present at launch. DO: Start
    Things to note before playing Anthem in it's current launch state:

DO: Start playing Anthem if you enjoy games based around loot grinds and pushing powerful and higher quality combinations of gear and weapons into higher tier difficulties. If you've played and found interest in games like Diablo 3 the gear/build structure in Anthem, while not as deep a pool yet, draws quite close and can easily grow to encompass a wide variety of play styles even within the 4 Javelin lineup currently in place.

This, in combination with a beautifully crafted world to fly around in, and a story that could have been much worse comparatively, makes for a better launch experience than most games in this category that I've come across. The potential is there and I am looking forward to seeing the game grow.
  20. Feb 24, 2019
    There is plenty left to be desired by this game, the story is rather meh, it has moments and the characters put in an attempt to draw you in.

The facial animations are really good, not God of War Levels but much better than what I feared The RPG elements are a let down, there is 2 choices to pick and no indication on how it'll effect the story Combat is where this game earns it's

Combat is where this game earns it's points, flying around and engaging numerous foes is a lot of fun, but there there could be more variation of weapons and skills

Customization is not as detailed as I'd like, it's mostly just color swap with 2 Armour sets per Javelin (1 of witch costs €10) so if they plan to add more they better make it more accessible.

Overall this game will be a GOTY candidate so long as the address
    -Story
    -World building
    -More depth to Customization
    -More Forts to attack
    -Improved RPG elements(I mean you don't even have a name in this game)

but overall it's a good game
  21. Feb 22, 2019
    A complete waste of time for everybody involved, both Bioware and the players. If you want to play a bad version of Destiny, go and play Destiny. I just hope that this failure doesn't kill Bioware and they can get back to making Dragon Age and Mass Effect games.
  22. Feb 23, 2019
    Too many "big brained connoisseurs" hating on a game for no good reason. Its got a solid base to build on and will only improve from here. Hopefully it pulls through despite the hivemind going on.
  23. Feb 22, 2019
    I'm giving this a 9 because I don't think the game is perfect. Metacritic is a joke these days.

However, this game is damn fun, and you should play it for yourself and decide. Screw everyone else's thoughts. YOU make the choice.
  24. Feb 22, 2019
    TLDR:
    Load times are not that bad (i am on PS4 pro if that matters). Think most complainers have been playing on early access before the day 1 patch.
    Compelling story opener which will unfold in the coming months Great VA and feel for the world. Been playing for a few hours now and don't see what everyone is complaining about. Yes the load times are a bit longer than im used to but i
    TLDR:
    Compelling story opener which will unfold in the coming months
    Great VA and feel for the world.

Been playing for a few hours now and don't see what everyone is complaining about. Yes the load times are a bit longer than im used to but i don't know if just that the day 1 patch has improved them a lot but they're not that bad. might be waiting 90secs secs to load back into Freeplay.

The only 2 complaints i have is not being able to play freeroam solo for gathering crafting materials and admittedly the being pulled forward because of aimpatient random team member is annoying.

Otherwise a compelling story opener, great voice acting, so much fun to fly around and try and pull off combo's with friends.

I have a healthy distaste for EA practices but to be fair people have to remember this is not a single player campaign RPG where you get a beginning, middle and end. It's an ongoing story which will unfold over months.
  25. Feb 22, 2019
    I don't like to give reviews on public space, but this time it's different because the game is receiving too much negativity, which it doesn't deserve, I played it on PS4 2014 base edition, the game didn't even crash once, there were no bugs and loading screen was fast.

I am really enjoying the game and I believe people need to give this game a chance. :)
  26. Feb 22, 2019
    Just a quickie for those few people that come to metacritic for actual reviews:

The Good * Flying and parkour * Javelin customization. All the suits actually feel and handle different. * Tight controls * Atmosphere and artistic design is top notch once again. * Events on freeroam. The Bad: * Loading times pretty much destroy the immersion * Walking in the city is s
    Just a quickie for those few people that come to metacritic for actual reviews:

The Good
    * Flying and parkour
    * Javelin customization. All the suits actually feel and handle different.
    * Tight controls
    * Atmosphere and artistic design is top notch once again.
    * Events on freeroam.

The Bad:
    * Loading times pretty much destroy the immersion
    * Walking in the city is s l o w
    * Loadout cannot be changed during a mission, not even the guns
    * Story is there but for it to make sense you need to read library of Alexandria worth of codex entries.

In conclusion: Good space cowboy parkour shooter with nice visuals. If that strikes your fancy you should get it.
  27. Feb 22, 2019
    First game I bought on release day on my PS4 since....Ok, first game I bought on release day and at full price. Enjoying it so much. I'm only into the game a few hours but I did play during the open weekend. I understand if people with more experience and a higher expectation of the game might judge it lower. This is my personal judgement of the game so far.

Great Gaphics / Good Sound /

Great Gaphics / Good Sound / Confusing Home Base...it's kinda quiet...who cares. I wanna fly. / Story...Ok / Awesome Gameplay!

I would give it a 10 but need more time to see the negatives I heard about it. I doubt I would rate this lower than a 7.
  28. Feb 22, 2019
    Ночью запустил игру. Ждал багов. Багов нет. Как так? Мне в рецензиях писали будут вылеты и баги. За 10 часов ниодного. Вот и верь теперь рецензентам.
    Как вернуть деньги? Багов нет и играть весело. Ужос. В дестини 2 баги были год, а тут патч выпускают. Это же ЕА. Мой мозг сломан
  29. Feb 22, 2019
    It's not a masterpiece indeed, but it's fun to play! Great and very smooth gameplay with mind blowing graphics. The story...
  30. Feb 22, 2019
    I created an account especially for this game. I believe people are unfair with this game, just because it is published by EA. To give this game a 1 score considering how astonishing the graphics are, and how much work was put into the shooting gameplay, movement animation, facial expresions of the npcs , battlesounds etc. Ofc the game has some issues, wich i hope they will be adressed to,I created an account especially for this game. I believe people are unfair with this game, just because it is published by EA. To give this game a 1 score considering how astonishing the graphics are, and how much work was put into the shooting gameplay, movement animation, facial expresions of the npcs , battlesounds etc. Ofc the game has some issues, wich i hope they will be adressed to, but the game is verry immersive and well done. Bioware has done great work. I hope they will fix the issues the game has atm. All of you who likes a third player shooter, do not miss this game. It worth the effort of being anoyed by bugs ita currently experiencing just for the graphics and gameplay. Expand
  31. Feb 22, 2019
    After the D1 patch, the game runs quite well. Overall, a very good game. It´s a combination of 2 game engines. The missions are fun and in between there are enough video sequences.
  32. Feb 22, 2019
    Охрененно красивая игрушка, да контента мало, но играется отлично. Скоро завезут доп сюжетку, квесты, подземелье и рейд. В принципе хорошо что контент решили растянуть, так будет казаться, что в игре есть свой таймлайн. Сложится впечатление, что мы живем вместе с героями, что в игре что то происходит помимо.Охрененно красивая игрушка, да контента мало, но играется отлично. Скоро завезут доп сюжетку, квесты, подземелье и рейд. В принципе хорошо что контент решили растянуть, так будет казаться, что в игре есть свой таймлайн. Сложится впечатление, что мы живем вместе с героями, что в игре что то происходит помимо.
  33. Feb 22, 2019
    I dont care who the publisher is i care about how i spent my time. This one looks really promising though it has flaws like sadly allmost every game (exept Apex Legends) perhaps has at start. Its download times are big - but the story for me is interesting and the gameplay it self is huge +. Looking more from the updates too but still really a game worth to play and try.
  34. Feb 22, 2019
    Great and very smooth gameplay with mind blowing graphics.THis game is only hated for being an EA game.
  35. Feb 22, 2019
    Great game, worth every ruble spent. If you like to play with friends and have fun, definitely for you. Do not compare with other games such as Destiny or Division, Anthem is something else.
    Отличная игра, стоит каждого потраченного рубля. Если вам нравится играть с друзьями и весело проводить время, однозначно для вас. Не стоит сравнивать с другими играми типа Дестини или Дивижн, Антем это нечто другое.
  36. Mar 12, 2019
    Simply because of its beautiful environment and great open world setup I cant give it a 0.

The game had a good concept but got way more wrong than it got right. This is utter garbage coming from such a huge developer. The potential really is there. I just dont understand how it was released as such an unpolished product. Even if I overlook the lack of finish work the game itself has

The potential really is there. I just dont understand how it was released as such an unpolished product. Even if I overlook the lack of finish work the game itself has massive issues all over the place.
  37. Mar 12, 2019
    At first, you will feel like you play the best game of 2019. Then all the sudden you feel like you are a tester for EA and playing a game that is not even in a Beta stage.
  38. Mar 15, 2019
    Stay away from this game if you want the game industry to change for the better.
  39. Mar 6, 2019
    Bon on dois encore exprimer pourquoi on aime pas.
    ça va etre tres simple ça totalement crame ma PS4 PRO Collector Moster Hunter.
    donc oui j'ai bien trop la haine de m'avoir fait nique ma PS4 PRO
  40. Mar 10, 2019
    Not worth $60 dollars. There are so many other games that are worth your time.
  41. Mar 12, 2019
    What a glorious, gorgeous mess. Anthem could have been the greatest looter-shooter in the market and another unforgettable experience made by Bioware. It looks amazing and it plays nicely. The hype was immense, the marketing campaign was solid and the final product is yet another example of why we just cannot trust any EA product, anymore. A boring, empty, soulless game, with no story,What a glorious, gorgeous mess. Anthem could have been the greatest looter-shooter in the market and another unforgettable experience made by Bioware. It looks amazing and it plays nicely. The hype was immense, the marketing campaign was solid and the final product is yet another example of why we just cannot trust any EA product, anymore. A boring, empty, soulless game, with no story, just a infinite grind through a jungle of bugs. Pun intended.

I hope they manage to fix this mess of a game, because the potential is there, it's so clear that this game could be amazing. But the truth is, little by little, I won't even bother playing EA games. Maybe this was the last one.

But if Anthem is already dead, then so is EA.
  42. Mar 24, 2019
    F*ck your multiplayer. F*ck your non-story driven games. F*ck your blatant attempts to milk gamers for cash by passing absolute CRAP devoid of any actual meaning as games. These games you are all hellbent on serving us are a disgrace to your legacy. Also, keep your F*cken politics to yourselves, we don't wan't that **** We just want more single player open world action rpgs.
  43. Mar 11, 2019
    This game is absolutely unacceptable. You'd think EA and their fans would have learned by now, but no. They still think it's OK to release unfinished, half assed buggy games. This game succeeds at very little and fails completely at a lot. I give it some props for decent sound design and flying mechanics, but other than that it's just a worse version of Destiny. Boring grind, boringThis game is absolutely unacceptable. You'd think EA and their fans would have learned by now, but no. They still think it's OK to release unfinished, half assed buggy games. This game succeeds at very little and fails completely at a lot. I give it some props for decent sound design and flying mechanics, but other than that it's just a worse version of Destiny. Boring grind, boring shooting, boring enemies, boring world, bugs galore. This game should simply not exist. Expand
  44. Apr 18, 2019
    Don't even bother buying tbh... Defended this game early on, but the constant disconnection from the servers, 'error loading pilot data', losing good loot that to begin with is so hard to get (1 legendary in like 5 hrs), and failure to dlever on content they promised has just done it for me.. Don't bother!
  45. Apr 15, 2019
    This game is just horrible, no buts about it. Story is awful. Characters are basic AF. Loot? Super broken, adding more gear just makes you weaker (check reddit). Shooting? Your starting weapon is the best gun in the game (again, check reddit). Good look for a looter/shooter BioWare. I was less pissed when No Man's Sky turned out to be a total farce. If it took 7 years gets you thisThis game is just horrible, no buts about it. Story is awful. Characters are basic AF. Loot? Super broken, adding more gear just makes you weaker (check reddit). Shooting? Your starting weapon is the best gun in the game (again, check reddit). Good look for a looter/shooter BioWare. I was less pissed when No Man's Sky turned out to be a total farce. If it took 7 years gets you this piece of crap it should only take another 7 or 8 for them to finish. Super happy to be a $60 live beta guinea pig. Never buying another BioWare game. Expand
  46. Mar 28, 2019
    Oh look another flop with EAs filthy handmarks all over it. Once Bioware started trying to clone other games beginning with their SWTOR Warcraft rip-off, they were done as a serious developer. Hopefully this is the final nail in their coffin.
  47. Apr 10, 2019
    Almost 2 months later and Anthem is STILL a dumpster fire. The devs will patch out a few bugs only to introduce a bunch more. Avoid at all costs.
  48. DDP
    Mar 14, 2019
    Giving 2 because the game has potential, however, the game is badly balanced, full of loading screen, the map is very little compared to any other looter shooter around, the loot is either bugged and handed out freely or fixed and not given, graphically speaking the game is a stunner but at the moment it is the only redeeming quality, story is short and ridiculously insufficient to be aGiving 2 because the game has potential, however, the game is badly balanced, full of loading screen, the map is very little compared to any other looter shooter around, the loot is either bugged and handed out freely or fixed and not given, graphically speaking the game is a stunner but at the moment it is the only redeeming quality, story is short and ridiculously insufficient to be a bioware game, controls are not amazing, repetitive to the death, the only change in difficulty is not in the IA but in the enemies becoming bulletsponges and dealing more damage, the rest is the same, so brace yourself for repetition. as said it has potential, but this game is just a fancy mirror to look at, warframe is much better and it is free. Not worth the money. Expand
  49. May 4, 2019
    This game is a complete mess.
    -game crashs
    -server errors -bricking consoles -broken loot -clunky ui -repetitive missions -end game is a joke - no customization -story is a joke -falsely advertised at e3 -getting stuck -frame rate drops -boring map Only good things is flying and graphics. This game was clearly rushed as a "live service" and needed more time. I dont even
    This game is a complete mess.
    -game crashs
    -falsely advertised at e3
    -getting stuck
    -frame rate drops
    -boring map
    Only good things is flying and graphics.

This game was clearly rushed as a "live service" and needed more time. I dont even know what to say about bioware but i give up

50. Mar 9, 2019
    TLDR: This game isn't ready for public release.

this had a recipe to be a great game but i feel bioware did not look at other games in the same genre and use them as examples and take what was successful and what wasn't and build upon that. For me the combat and flight is really fluid and the upgrade/progression system is strong, the world is beautiful but feels dead, after finishing
    TLDR: This game isn't ready for public release.

For me the combat and flight is really fluid and the upgrade/progression system is strong, the world is beautiful but feels dead, after finishing the game I had no idea what the Anthem is nor what it meant and its real significance.. running around in the base is also too slow and there is so much dialogue after every mission its ridiculous, I stopped caring half way through and smashed that skip button, there are still dodgy connection issues, and a metric crapton of bugs, missions don't have variety and is a rinse repeat model. the game lacks purpose.. and diversity.

The sheer amount of loading screens often lasting 1-2mins each is frustrating on top of the fact that endgame quickplay on GM1+ is always dropping you into either bugged missions or finished missions (!!) so you'reloading in and out all the time is gamebreaking.

Originally rated 5 but downgraded rating to 2 after spending 20+hrs endgame, the game has broke me in a way in which I stopped caring about the game. time to move on.
  51. Mar 24, 2019
    Just horrible.... wait 6 month more.....maybe.........................................................
  52. Mar 27, 2019
    This game is laughably broken. It's astounding. It's so bad it feels like a joke. But it's not a joke. It's a boring, boring reality. Avoid this at all costs
  53. Mar 27, 2019
    Broken, Buggy, underdeveloped and overpriced mess. Charge you 60.00 and then drip feed you garbage ass micro transactions for poor cosmetics. You may get 6 hours of repetitive missions before you get bored. Do yourself a favor and stay away, or buy it used when it gets to 19.99. Even at that price it isn't a good value, honestly. I hate everything this game represents. The developer overBroken, Buggy, underdeveloped and overpriced mess. Charge you 60.00 and then drip feed you garbage ass micro transactions for poor cosmetics. You may get 6 hours of repetitive missions before you get bored. Do yourself a favor and stay away, or buy it used when it gets to 19.99. Even at that price it isn't a good value, honestly. I hate everything this game represents. The developer over promised, outright lied, and failed to deliver. Lack of depth, mediocre story, disappointing character development, glitches and bugs everywhere, and the end game represents everything that is wrong with the "games as a service model". EA claimed this game had a "10 year plan". Laugh my ass off, 10 years? This game will be dead, rightfully so, by 2020. PASS. Expand
  54. Apr 9, 2019
    ma quanto fa schifo sto videogioco, ha sempre problemi con i server online e a ogni aggiornamento sempre problemi, end game poverissimo, 70 euro buttati nel cesso, non comprerò mai più un videogioco ea che rovina sempre tutto
  55. Mar 15, 2019
    At first I thought the game was good and fun. The flying is really solid and the shooting is pretty damn fun. But after a while I started to see anthem's flaws. The countless bugs, the ridiculous weapon perks (you get an assault rifle that gives bonus sniper damage, why?!) and the overall laziness of the developer. I wish this game would be a succes but unfortunately it became whatAt first I thought the game was good and fun. The flying is really solid and the shooting is pretty damn fun. But after a while I started to see anthem's flaws. The countless bugs, the ridiculous weapon perks (you get an assault rifle that gives bonus sniper damage, why?!) and the overall laziness of the developer. I wish this game would be a succes but unfortunately it became what everyone thought, a disaster. Expand
  56. Mar 29, 2019
    Visually stunning and goodgame play. Drastically let down by constant disconnections, poor load times and multiplayer glitches. Ea likes to pour on the new content but seems to ignore the main issues with the game. Fix the errors and it might turn out great!
  57. Mar 29, 2019
    I'd rather play Lego Indiana Jones 2 and watch the Angry birds movie while my dog licks my booty hole than play the horrid game. Please kill me, this is not a joke.
  58. Apr 4, 2019
    So I'll state the obvious, this game was not ready to be released and now the devs are echoing that. Everyone is down the developers throats and rightfully so but i believe that EA is really to blame. BioWare has been making games that cater to their audience. There are some dedicated BioWare fans out there that will live and die by their games and for good reason. I firmly believe thatSo I'll state the obvious, this game was not ready to be released and now the devs are echoing that. Everyone is down the developers throats and rightfully so but i believe that EA is really to blame. BioWare has been making games that cater to their audience. There are some dedicated BioWare fans out there that will live and die by their games and for good reason. I firmly believe that Anthem's downfall is completely to blame on EA. As long as I've been gaming i have come to realize first and foremost that EA does not like to compete. NBA Live pretty much disappeared for YEARS because 2K was just a better game and had the basketball audience captivated. They've since then released new games and they're still not as good and they don't seem eager to compete at all. Remember Medal of Honor. In concept it was a great game and my friends and I loved it but because of a ton of bugs EA gave up on it and it was never spoken about again. I'm pretty sure the Battlefield team ran out of new innovative ideas thus after Battlefield 4 they went back in history as to not compete with Call of Duty's more modern games. EA owes us our $60 back for selling us a "complete game" that was clearly still in Alpha phase. All just to beat Division 2, which in change i think they actually booted Division 2's sales because how horrible Anthem was. I gave this game a 1 because the flying was actually really cool. Outside of that, the game gave me nothing to come back for. Loot was sparse, enemies were all the same, the weapons were just about all the same, when i did get loot it was almost the same thing, the missions were literally all exactly the same. At least have the enemies spawn from different points. The load screens were absolutely horrible. I haven't waited that long for anything to load since trying to watch porn on dial up internet when i was a kid. What actually made this game the absolute worst was the fact that your console was literally in danger for trying to run it. This game bricked my system for a day. I thought it would not turn back on and Sony will not do anything for you because in all reality it's not their fault. Its 100% on the game devs that it bricks your system. EA and BioWare need to come together and scrap this and give everyone their money back or take their time and make Anthem 2 as a free to play phenomenon. Expand
  59. Apr 8, 2019
    The game is clearly incomplete. It is not even close to be done, complete lack of end-game content whatsoever, zero. You have to repeat the same few random generated missions, or chose between 3 fortress that have no brain mechanic, and no difference between Very Easy and Grand Master 3 besides the health pool and damage.
    But the biggest problem comes with the loot system, the most random
    But the biggest problem comes with the loot system, the most random game I have ever played. There is no system. If you are lucky you can get full equipped in 3 days, if you have not a good luck you can spend 200+ hours in game and still use the same items you were after few hours in level cap.

Frustrating.
  60. Apr 27, 2019
    Ok, so I was initially impressed by the admittedly very good forest-with-overgrown-ruins design of the play area. I picked up a mech and gradually learned how to use it at its best. Dropped better weapons that allowed me to take on more powerful enemies. After a while everything became routine, every mission is essentially the same. Oh, you drop a new weapon that is the same as theOk, so I was initially impressed by the admittedly very good forest-with-overgrown-ruins design of the play area. I picked up a mech and gradually learned how to use it at its best. Dropped better weapons that allowed me to take on more powerful enemies. After a while everything became routine, every mission is essentially the same. Oh, you drop a new weapon that is the same as the previous one but has better numbers and better random buffs. Same with mech enhancements.
    I spent months playing Warframe, which is just as grindy, but it offered so many different things to aim for that it kept me hooked. Here you'll probably have fun during the campaign, especially if you play with friends, but after that there is literally nothing. The missions are always the same, and more powerful enemies are simply the same enemies with higher stats. I didn't last one month.
  61. Apr 24, 2019
    The game has potential, I love the flying, mechanics and the world itself but for a looter shooter this lacks in any valuble loot, armor, skins and meaningful endgame. The volume of bugs and loading screens is painful. I have given a lower score than i would have because the lack of communication or clarity from bioware and any form of apology has veen visibly absent. They thought thatThe game has potential, I love the flying, mechanics and the world itself but for a looter shooter this lacks in any valuble loot, armor, skins and meaningful endgame. The volume of bugs and loading screens is painful. I have given a lower score than i would have because the lack of communication or clarity from bioware and any form of apology has veen visibly absent. They thought that with 1 or 2 years of development they could release an unfinished game and still get our money. Expand
  62. Mar 14, 2019
    Audio glitches, frame rate issues, no rewarding loot, Average story, repetitive mission, poor mission design, trash ending, no boss variety, and biggest failure of a game in 2019.
  63. Mar 23, 2019
    Na primeira semana de gameplay o jogo é uma delícia e vc até releva as telas de loading, bugs e erros de desconexão. Depois disso, quando termina a campanha e começa o farm de itens pra melhorar seu setup, o jogo vai ficando cansativo e os problemas começam a te irritar. O end game é ruim e razo, se torna extremamente repetitivo. Ainda tem tanto bug e problema de conexão que vc desiste deNa primeira semana de gameplay o jogo é uma delícia e vc até releva as telas de loading, bugs e erros de desconexão. Depois disso, quando termina a campanha e começa o farm de itens pra melhorar seu setup, o jogo vai ficando cansativo e os problemas começam a te irritar. O end game é ruim e razo, se torna extremamente repetitivo. Ainda tem tanto bug e problema de conexão que vc desiste de jogar 15 minutos depois que iniciou o jogo. Claramente o jogo foi mal produzido pela Bioware e rushado pela EA. Não comprem. Expand
  64. Apr 3, 2019
    Gra strasznie zawiodła. Mamy miesiąc od premiery, a tytuł nadal jest w fazie beta. Każdy pacz zamiast naprawiać to psuje grę. Łatwiej będzie powiedzieć co jest fajne: grafika, latanie i po części strzelanie cała reszta to istna masakra. Widać, że gra od podstaw została źle zaprojektowana.
  65. Apr 29, 2019
    i gave this a 3 due to the fact this game does look pretty. but overall pretty boring, most companies that are in a hurry to make money often screw it up and try to add in game purchases. i will never buy another game from EA, bio-ware, etc. due to the heavy weight on my wallet and unfinished products. sad really, this game could have been great but add corporate greed in the title andi gave this a 3 due to the fact this game does look pretty. but overall pretty boring, most companies that are in a hurry to make money often screw it up and try to add in game purchases. i will never buy another game from EA, bio-ware, etc. due to the heavy weight on my wallet and unfinished products. sad really, this game could have been great but add corporate greed in the title and this is what you get.... keep it up and there will be no more players buying your monetized crappy games. Expand
  66. May 11, 2019
    Una autentica basura y un timo un juego que no esta acabado y que han vendido como si fuera oro, una autentica estafa al jugador y una verguenza para EA compañia que cae en picado x su avaricia y su mala praxis. Ni se os ocurra comprarlo ! os va a entretener unas horas, y despues es todo el rato igual ademas de ser una lucha constante contra sus infinitos bugs algunos tan indecentes comoUna autentica basura y un timo un juego que no esta acabado y que han vendido como si fuera oro, una autentica estafa al jugador y una verguenza para EA compañia que cae en picado x su avaricia y su mala praxis. Ni se os ocurra comprarlo ! os va a entretener unas horas, y despues es todo el rato igual ademas de ser una lucha constante contra sus infinitos bugs algunos tan indecentes como no poder proseguir en la aventura y tener que abandonar constantemente las misiones... Un juego no acabado se merece un 0 y esa es la nota que le doy... una pena porque una compañia medio decente hubiera sacado mucho partido a este juego. Expand
  67. May 16, 2019
    claqué votre jeu de merde, allez vous faire foutre, vous avez donné le cancer a mon frere.
  68. Nov 10, 2019
    You did it again, EA. What a hot mess. I had to return this one, and NO it did not replace Destiny!
  69. Jun 4, 2019
    Nothing in this game works, 100% false advertising on most, if not all, promised features. Gameplay video's from promotions like E3 do not even look remotely similar to the end result. Loot is a big mess, and actually doesnt work. you can use the level 1 gun and gear and have the same dps as your your epic character...

This game is not finished, not done, and not worth anyones time.

This game is not finished, not done, and not worth anyones time. check reddit.
  70. Aug 6, 2019
    I believed in Bioware. I pretty love Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age Inquisition.
    But this is... overwhelmingly, surprisingly bad. These are awesome games with awesome narrative, music, gameplay, visuals.
    But this is... Ultra Pro-feminist game with boring shooting, boring world, boring quests, boring hub-location and nice visuals. Male characters are weak, female
    Male characters are weak, female characters are ugly. Is that future we deserve to see?
  71. May 19, 2019
    BioWare is the reason I’m in gaming... mass effect 1,2,3 Dragon age trilogy, Kotr! But this game is so broken and bad i uninstalled it from my PS4 pro! I even played through Andromeda twice and that was trash! BioWare i understand you want to try different ideas, but you aren’t good at games as a service, go back to what made you great and stop trying to be Bungie, Blizzard, UbisoftBioWare is the reason I’m in gaming... mass effect 1,2,3 Dragon age trilogy, Kotr! But this game is so broken and bad i uninstalled it from my PS4 pro! I even played through Andromeda twice and that was trash! BioWare i understand you want to try different ideas, but you aren’t good at games as a service, go back to what made you great and stop trying to be Bungie, Blizzard, Ubisoft they are pros at this... you are not! Expand
  72. May 12, 2019
    After seeing Anthem presented at E3, I was sold. Bought the digital version. Played three missions without excitement and noticed that I had encountered a situation where suddenly I couldn't carry on with storyline. Well I decided to end my storyline with Anthem and deleted the game. First time I even would want a refund of this gaming experience. So many expectations and promises not fulfilled.
  73. Mar 30, 2019
    Anthem is one of the worst games I have ever had the chance to play in my entire life. As a fellow BioWare fan (since 2013), Anthem was an absolute disappointment. This game is not worth $60. Using the excuse that certain issues will be fixed in the future doesn't make sense at all given that the game was six years in development, and BioWare's been making games for 20 years. Everything inAnthem is one of the worst games I have ever had the chance to play in my entire life. As a fellow BioWare fan (since 2013), Anthem was an absolute disappointment. This game is not worth $60. Using the excuse that certain issues will be fixed in the future doesn't make sense at all given that the game was six years in development, and BioWare's been making games for 20 years. Everything in this game is poorly executed, the combat is dry, the enemies are bullet sponges, the characters are bland with no sort of character development or meaningful choices, the level design is also poorly designed, areas are made specifically to anticipate combat, and the story itself is your usual bad guy is bad, kill him, save the world, everyone's happy. There's no valuable meaning in this game. It's absolute garbage. Don't buy it. Expand
  74. May 17, 2019
    It's just totally mediocre. I played for around 7 hours and stopped. There's just nothing here.
  75. May 19, 2019
    And now we see at fallout 76... Ooops, Anthem, I play this game 18 hours and this is the culmination of the fall a Bioware studio. R.i.P. I Hope Dragon Age 4 will be multiplayer-online-grind-microtransation-sjw-frostbite trash like Andromeda or Anthem. becouse no other way.
  76. May 25, 2019
    boring campaign Bugs paradise very lame rewards found in loot boxes
    Online services where down most of the time.
    the game crashes most of the time it clearly is a pathetic attempt at destiny 2 but with robotic armor
    it is clearly a rushed release .
  77. Jun 13, 2019
    I have played many looter shooters. Division 1/2 Destiny 1/2 and some Diablos. So hearing about a new looter shooter by bioware got me HYPED. I discussed it with friends, subscribed to many youtube channels about it, and well pre ordering it.

On the day of February 22nd I got home from school and immediately started playing. Then well the first loading screen took 5 minutes. I was annoyed but thought "They'll fix that" so I started playing. Well I was shocked. It was terrible but I kept playing thinking that the end game will be amazing because hey that's the case with many games. But well guess what it wasn't. Through about 4 weeks I slowly racked up about 40 hours into the game and then I just quite. I had a lot of loot and none of it was interesting so I got really bored. I write this review now because of cataclysms. Thinking they would like raids from destiny. And they weren't. They were terrible dumb mindless modes of just killing adds. DON'T BUY ANTHEM!!!!
  78. Sep 2, 2019
    Terrbible, EA quality at it's best. Release a game, make promises, deliver on NONE of them. EA style.
  79. Sep 21, 2019
    I have just started playing Anthem, and in my opinion, it had a decent concept, beautiful visuals and nice mechanics. However the final product of this game was not well executed, whenever I try to move, jump, dash or fly, it teleports me back to where i was a few seconds ago. Sometimes I cannot shoot my weapon, and what annoys me most is that it forces me back into the menu, saying that II have just started playing Anthem, and in my opinion, it had a decent concept, beautiful visuals and nice mechanics. However the final product of this game was not well executed, whenever I try to move, jump, dash or fly, it teleports me back to where i was a few seconds ago. Sometimes I cannot shoot my weapon, and what annoys me most is that it forces me back into the menu, saying that I had lost connection. Because of this I am forced to do the entire mission again from the very beginning, and the teleporting/latency does not help.

Like what many others have said, this game had so much potential, but that potential was not used, and the bugs that Bioware could not be bothered to fix ruins this game. If another update was to be released and this game was to be a fixed, good game, then my rating would be higher.
  80. Mar 6, 2019
    This game broke my PS4. Had to send back my PS4 for repair.
    The game is trash, only flight mechanic is good.
  81. Mar 3, 2019
    Before start All PS4 user remember to upload all your game saves to cloud before playing this game
    Anthem will bugs will cause your system shutdown, and when you try to boot your ps4 again it enters disk check before it can boot up. this problem may cause all data on your ps4 corrupted
    Technical issues of the game - loading screen everywhere (entering/exiting forge, caves) , and the

Technical issues of the game
    - loading screen everywhere (entering/exiting forge, caves) , and the loading time is pain long
    - dis-connection to server frequently (few times with in 30 minutes)
    - managing your items is pain since it takes tens of seconds to move an item to trash

Game plays
    - free play is pointless, if you join with random people you won't know what is happening
    - no any explanation to your build (don't know what the skill applies to)
    - poor team up setting, cannot join squad after disconnecting (must invite by the team leader)
    - lots bugs the make you cannot progress to next checkpoint
    - losing loots due to connection problem
    - GM2/3 is not rewarded
    - Cannot kick AFK player during strong hold
    - lack of end game content, they have road maps for DLC updates on Mar and Apr but it may be too late. the game should release on Apr instead.

Goods
    - The game play is enjoyable if you can play it

conclusion
    don't buy this game at this moment, it is just an pre-alpha build
    it makes all mistakes that made by other game in this few years (e.g. the division, Destiny 1,2)
  82. Mar 6, 2019
    If only negative ratings were possible. My system has been crashing from this game, I have lost data on it, it's a known issue with the game and Sony has admitted it and will not even entertain refunds for a game that crashes the console and you have to rebuild the database. To be honest I gave it two stars, I think the game used to have a lot of potential but the series of patches whichIf only negative ratings were possible. My system has been crashing from this game, I have lost data on it, it's a known issue with the game and Sony has admitted it and will not even entertain refunds for a game that crashes the console and you have to rebuild the database. To be honest I gave it two stars, I think the game used to have a lot of potential but the series of patches which progressively break the game more and more have rendered it unplayable. Matchmaking is broken and disconnects you from the servers and free play is a barren oasis, I'm pretty sure there are more people in supermans fortress of solitude. When you die in free play you get warped all the way back to the other side of the map and the map gives you no idea of where you died or where objectives are. I had really high hopes for this game up until the this last patch where it started crashing consoles and even Sony has to get involved to fix this game with the developer. Best advice for this, wait 6-8 months when the company is about to discontinue service like they did with ME:A and it's on sale for half off. Please do feel free and watch the youtube reviews from professional gamers such as SkillUp or Cleanprincegaming. At it's current state it's not worth even $30 let alone the $80 for LoD version (which is FREE IN MOST OTHER COUNTRIES). Expand
  83. Mar 1, 2019
    This was one of my top most anticipated games of 2019 and it really disappointed me. There's so many glitches and bugs that can ruin your entire mission and experience of the game like:
    1. Unable to revive your teammates unless you die
    2. So many buggy and glitchy mission in quickplay when you want to level up fast 3. Your ultimate doesn't always activate 4. The drop rate is extremely
    1. Unable to revive your teammates unless you die
    3. Your ultimate doesn't always activate
    4. The drop rate is extremely terrible and crafting masterwork in also extremely expensive
    5. At level 30, you still get common and uncommon gear drop which I don't understand why
    And many more!
    Sure, there are good things about this game, especially the flying. The flying is the huge highlight of this game which is great, but to me that's the one of a few things that is good. The story itself is terrible and I got really bored through the story. It's sad that there's only 3 stronghold after completing the game and one of the stronghold is basically the final mission on repeat.
    We have to wait until May (2 months) for the raid to drop and I'm sure by then most players that are still active will reach max level and get bored.
    This game will definitely improve in the future, but as for now it's really glitchy and buggy. The flight is one of the reason why it boosted this game to a 4/10 instead of 1/10 or 2/10.
    I'll probably still play this game down the road to see where it goes but right now it's a huge disappointment. Hopefully they improve and fix everything that is wrong about this game
  84. Mar 3, 2019
    **** you, EA, you ****ing mercenaries.................................................................................................................
  85. Mar 8, 2019
    People defending this game and blaming it’s negative reviews on “lazy youtubers”, lmfao

How you can defend a game that literally bricks consoles is beyond me, except for blind fanboyism as usual
  86. Mar 5, 2019
    Oyunu platin kupayı alana dek standart ps4 te oynadım, öncelikle oyun insanlarda o kadar büyük bir beklenti yarattı ki satın alanda almayanda bu kadar ''bozuk bir oyun'' olmasını hazmedemedi. Senaryo olarak bioware olduğu için ortalama üzeri bir anlatım bekliyordum, vasatta kaldı. Oyun mekaniksel olarak benim tam aradığım tarzda rahat ve esnek her javelinin kendine has stiliniOyunu platin kupayı alana dek standart ps4 te oynadım, öncelikle oyun insanlarda o kadar büyük bir beklenti yarattı ki satın alanda almayanda bu kadar ''bozuk bir oyun'' olmasını hazmedemedi. Senaryo olarak bioware olduğu için ortalama üzeri bir anlatım bekliyordum, vasatta kaldı. Oyun mekaniksel olarak benim tam aradığım tarzda rahat ve esnek her javelinin kendine has stilini hissediyorsunuz bu çok iyi olmuş. Freeplay kısmı ne yazık ki sadece manzara izlemek, cooldown olsun diye şelale veya nehirden geçmekten öteye gidememiş, boş ve waypoint koyamayacak kadar karışık bir açık dünyası var. Haritanın sadece yatay değil dikey tasarımı başarılı saydığım tek şey ha bir de görsellik grafikler muazzam başka bir numarası yok. Expand
  87. Mar 1, 2019
    I really hope this game would be a success but alas... Great gameplay but it is soooooo boring.
  88. Mar 3, 2019
    This is a good looking game!

But that's it..
    This is basically a good looking loading simulator with loot, were the loot is staler than the loading screen.
  89. Mar 7, 2019
    This game try to take your money, broke your console, make you fill stupid for buying it and it feels like Really **** job. STAY OUT, This is not 60$ game, this is 2$ Bootleg **** from Turkish bazar, which make your console **** yourself.
  90. Mar 11, 2019
    This is OUTRAGEOUS!!! This piece of c... just bricked my PS4 I have to spent 8hrs+ to make it work again and hell I did not even have a warranty anymore, the game should be labeled as DANGEROUS because this game is so BAD CODED that can really mess up with your hardware, DO NOT PLAY ANTHEM or do you at ur own risk that your console will be bricked permanently. I just refunded this piece ofThis is OUTRAGEOUS!!! This piece of c... just bricked my PS4 I have to spent 8hrs+ to make it work again and hell I did not even have a warranty anymore, the game should be labeled as DANGEROUS because this game is so BAD CODED that can really mess up with your hardware, DO NOT PLAY ANTHEM or do you at ur own risk that your console will be bricked permanently. I just refunded this piece of utter garbage minutes ago, for real this just shows hos DECADENT EA is a publisher and how BAD Bioware has FALLEN from their good days when they really made good and thrilling games (AND WELL FKN CODED), ANTHEM IS NOT WORTH A $400 CONSOLE, DO NOT PLAY IT. Expand
  91. Mar 4, 2019
    Game made my ps4 pro crash and turn off . Cant belive this ge was in production for 6 years !!! Do not buy
  92. Mar 12, 2019
    EDIT: All my trophies glitched up and now I'm trading it in to Gamestop to get at least half of my money back. This will be the last time I preorder a game published by EA. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

ORIGINAL: I'm going to be honest right here. I want so much to love this game. It has SO much potential, but it is unacceptable how many bugs and glitches there are. As a gamer, I am actually okay with a delay of a game if it's necessary. In fact, delays are sometimes necessary. This game NEEDED to be delayed.

I picked this game up on Day One. HDR was broken, and I'm not playing a crappy looking game without HDR on my 4K HDR TV. 2nd time that I tried playing this game, I couldn't even get in because there was a problem with the servers. 3rd time, I was in the middle of a mission and I got the PS4 error blue screen. Then, after playing for a solid 4 hours, my guns suddenly disappearing off my Javelin in between missions. This is unacceptable.

Before buying this game, I went solely off the videos released for this game. It looks awesome. It actually feels awesome. I like that I can wreck things using the Colossus. I love how beautiful the game looks, and that I can fly around in an "Avatar-like" world.

Here are my gripes:
    1) The amount of bugs and glitches, including trophy glitches. Then again, this is something I should expect from EA at this point. Don't want a bad reputation? Stop being dumb.
    2) Why is there overheating when I'm flying? Seriously. It's an annoyance.
    3) The missions are predictable and feel like busy work. Kill X amount of enemies, find X amount of runes, etc.
    4) The enemies are bland and boring.
    5) There is one area. Destiny had a variety of planets and enemies (although I'm not a Destiny lover..I have my problems with that game as well).
    6) WHY IN THE WORLD DO I HAVE TO GO TO THE FORGE EVERY TIME I WANT TO CHANGE MY WEAPONS?!?!?
    7) Why no mini map or custom icons? When I go collectible hunting, this makes it easier. Come on EA, you're a AAA developer.

I truly feel like this game were rushed and deserved a few more betas. Gamestop has a trade-in deal for this game before next week, so I'm going to play what I can, trade it in, and pick it up later for cheap when it's more complete. Sorry Bioware, but this was a mis-step. Focus on Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
  93. Mar 6, 2019
    Anthem had the potential to become a great game. A single player game experience would have been far better option than making this a game as a service. I'm not a beta tester who will pay 60$ and have a buggy experience. This games is covered with tons of flaws plus money making strategy where all the loots are locked behind purchasing from store. Until the end of game you do not get anyAnthem had the potential to become a great game. A single player game experience would have been far better option than making this a game as a service. I'm not a beta tester who will pay 60$ and have a buggy experience. This games is covered with tons of flaws plus money making strategy where all the loots are locked behind purchasing from store. Until the end of game you do not get any cosmetic drops.
    We gamers need to stop supporting Game as a service games, its ruining industry plus gamer experience.
  94. Mar 4, 2019
    This VIRUS called Anthem bricked my PS4 and now it won't turn on. EA hates their customers that much. And don't think for a second that this is accidental with the resources these companies have. This is completely intentional.
  95. Mar 4, 2019
    First off, I truly did want this game to succeed. Unfortunately, it has bricked my PS4. DO NOT PURCHASE FOR PS4!!
  96. Mar 16, 2019
    I cannot believe how this game was so terribly launched, and how different it was from the trailer....terrible game -- avoid !!
  97. Mar 4, 2019
    I was excited about this game. I played the closed and open beta then I canceled my pre-order and waited till it actually released. The loading is bad every time you move to go to an activity there is a loading screen, the load times have been improved but Anthem lacks everything else. The story is boring, the content is lacking and the end game is nonexistent. This game can't possiblyI was excited about this game. I played the closed and open beta then I canceled my pre-order and waited till it actually released. The loading is bad every time you move to go to an activity there is a loading screen, the load times have been improved but Anthem lacks everything else. The story is boring, the content is lacking and the end game is nonexistent. This game can't possibly represent 6yrs of dev time of it does in its current state then gaming is really in a bad state. Everyone giving this game 9-10 are either blind or paid to try and get the score up on this abortion. Expand
  98. Mar 1, 2019
    this game is not a finished product, for those who claimed those bugs and issues will be fixed in the future, I suggest to others, buy it one year later and you will have less buggy game with half of the price
  99. Feb 27, 2019
    Flying is fun for a few minutes but gets old because the game is essentially a giant fetch quest. That's where the good ends.

Gun-play doesn't feel right, content is massively repetitive, horrible loading screens, boring map design, mediocre characters/"dialogue options" that don't amount to anything. Don't give me the "they'll fix it", that's a cop-out and isn't an excuse. This game

Don't give me the "they'll fix it", that's a cop-out and isn't an excuse. This game is unfinished, boring, and there are free to play games out there that beat it.
  100. Feb 27, 2019
    So the game is unplayable currently. I get booted every time with error when retrieving live data or error when retrieving pilot data or unknown error. What a joke! To everyone who consider to buy this game: please don’t do that. The whole gaming industry will benefit if the games like this fail. Absolute lack of respect for the players ea/bioware ! DONT BUY THIS GAME PLEASE

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. May 2, 2019
    There’s an intriguing game buried somewhere in Anthem, lying broken beneath its loot and structural frustrations like chunks of fossilised dinosaur bone.
  2. Mar 16, 2019
    Even if I ignore all the bugs, glitches and disconnects I had, Anthem is still, by and large, a mediocre game. The lackluster story, loot system and gameplay make this game one to pass on. At least in its current state.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Mar 14, 2019
    Though it’s one of best-looking titles on PS4, Anthem’s uninspired action and obsession with grindy tasks mean BioWare’s mechs aren’t on song. [Issue#160, p.83]