5.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 12, 2017
    As an idea, it's fine. The problem is how they execute it. The pros and cons are:

Pros:
    -Visually beautiful

Cons:
    -FPS low
    -Bugs
    -The way to "conquer" animals does not make sense

Conclusion: I do not recommend this game at all. If you fix the problems you have can be a good game.
  2. Jun 12, 2021
    Buen juego que dará muchas horas de juego aunque lleva un tiempo aprender las mecánicas que se actualizan con cada DLC...
  3. Aug 31, 2017
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Theres something here, but its half baked
    ARK Survival Evolved is out of BETA, but unfortunately it doesn’t quite feel like it.. Fair Warning im awful at survival games and they don’t keep my attention for long…so if youre looking for an in depth review on all the survival stuff, youre not going to get it here, As a casual survival game fan, Ark survival is
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Theres something here, but its half baked
    As a casual survival game fan, Ark survival is probably the most half baked one ive played..
    The hardest part of this game is actually getting into a server…
    the server numbers don’t make sense as there are some with numbers way over the limit and others that say they are under the limit until you try to join it..
    but once you do find a server, this server is basically your home unless you want a fresh start..
    There are 2 modes you can play in… one having modern technology and one focusing on just primitive technology, but you choose an area to spawn in at ..all with different difficulties with your fresh character and you get to surviving…
    |Knowing how to survive is one thing..
    knowing how the game works is another because this post beta game has no proper tutorial to teach you the game. I had to go to youtube to learn how to pick up stones, im not even joking…
    I found myself doing this a lot when I ran into questions like how to tame a dinosaur..
    oh did I forget to mention dinosaurs..
    theres dinosaurs…
    This game is full of them but theyre not as cool as I thought they would be..
    Theyre essentially jerks that try to kill you while you collect sticks rocks and berries… .
    the game is a pretty steady evolution of equipment which is cool..
    youll level up as you craft, collect, and hunt.. and you can dump skill points into stats but you can also learn how to craft new items like fires to cook raw meat.. btw another youtube trip.. how do you start a fire…
    the higher level you are the better items you can craft and the better dinosaurs you can tame, ill save you the trip.;. you beat them until theyre unconscious and throw a saddle on them,...
    But as a survival game you have to manage your health, hydration, hunger, and body temperature…
    This is done by collecting berries, building shelter, hunting animals with the weapons you craft, or going for a swim..
    this was the coolest part is how easy not dying of thirst is here…
    finaly a survival game gets it.. let me just drown myself until im not thirsty anymore..
    it works in this game as it should…
    but there are pvp and pve servers.. there are other people running around, theyl lbuild huts and fires too, these items cant be destroyed as youre able to lock them, but you can squad up and join tribes.. or be a lone wolf like me cause youre awesome at surviving and you don’t need a tribe…
    theres no real task here… its just dumb fun of running around a map and try to build the coolest stuff you can, sort of like minecraft with none of the fun stuff but with dinosaurs…
    which again are here to kill you…
    when you die you have all of your blueprints and levels… and youre able to rush to your dead body fr your gear if you can remember where you died at.. but other players can pick your gear too so good luck…
    I see the good in this game, I can understand why people love it and how they can have fun within its world…
    of creating your own survival goals and setting out to accomplish them..
    but it’s a half baked game that still feels as though its in beta…
    I cant argue that this game isn’t fun.. but I can argue that there are plenty of better more polished survival games out there on console
    I give ARK Survival Evolved
    a 6/10
  4. Dec 12, 2018
    This game has a great setting, scope and actually offers some of the best (if not the best) experience for its genre, but also some of the most infuriating moments in gaming. Wildcard Devs clearly have good vision and ambition but its just never backed up a similar level of technical capability to deliver it.
    On one hand it offers an unforgiving grinding survival experience which does
    On one hand it offers an unforgiving grinding survival experience which does feel rewarding when you achieve things, and any loss or setback is felt a lot. That would normally be fine and part of the challenge/attraction of the game, but at the same time the bugs and technical issue in the game will often lead to you losing many dozens of hours worth of progress/work randomly and on multiple occasions. On PvE you may constantly lose everything whilst not even playing the game which is infuriating.

PvP and PvE are completely different gaming experiences altogether, but both require an incredible level of continuous time investment (like having to log in daily or every couple of days and spent time just feeding the tamed animals!). You can't pick up and drop this game as you please unless you do single player, which is really not to anywhere near as interesting or rewarding. The game is really meant to be played with groups of people to get the most out of it.

All in all the game can be a great experience and is incredibly addictive, however due to the technical shortcomings, quality controls that have never been addressed, it will always be a good, but not great game, which is a shame to see.
  5. May 22, 2019
    Ark has a lot to offer if you live survival games. It's fun alone or with groups.

I had played on official servers only off and on since ark was released. I did quit for a year after a gigantasaurus destroyed everything I had. when I came back after that, I could never find a decent place to build due to the pillar spammers. this led to a huge amount of frustration and I was going to quit the game entirely. But, I decided to give an unofficial server a try and here I am, still playing. I play on the real557 island server. All of the admins have made playing fun again. they have been very helpful with everything from building, to aquiring Dino's and everything in between, including just playing and having a blast together. I would highly recommend any of the 557 servers to anyone interested in playing. They even have my wife playing on the center map.
  6. Dec 25, 2020
    ARK Survival Evolved.
    ARK Survival Evolved.
    Though what may seem like a waste of time, ARK survival evolved is one of THE greatest games ever. Having spent almost a full year on the game, and seeing multiple updates along the way, I can say that I've watched this game grow immensely. With an impressive panoramic view of the Jurassic World, combined with phenomenal survival-style gameplay, this game has kept me and my pal busy throughout quarantine.

Unfortunately, there was a major issue that I had personally come across in my time of ark; BUGS!!

4/5 Story Arks INCLUDING the DLCs that I paid for were extremely buggy and unplayable. Some areas of the map were clearly unfinished, and to be very honest, were rushed. My Pal and I finished "The Island" and "Ragnarok", then proceeded to purchase the DLCs... WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE. The paid DLCs aren't cheap, so you would expect some high-quality gameplay. I can't stand by and let my fellow gamers make the same mistake.

Aside from the bugs in this game, ARK Survival Evolved offers a great gaming experience. 7/10
  7. Sep 24, 2017
    Un jeu avec vraiment beaucoup de potentiel et de très bonne idée. Grosse faune et flore, pas, mal de loot, de truc à construire. Une ambiance sonore relativement bonne. Mais le jeu est malheureusement injouable sur console, l'ergonomie global du jeu laisse vraiment à désirer et je pense que vous mettrez pas longtemps à vous tirez les cheveux. La faute à un mappage de touche extrêmement malUn jeu avec vraiment beaucoup de potentiel et de très bonne idée. Grosse faune et flore, pas, mal de loot, de truc à construire. Une ambiance sonore relativement bonne. Mais le jeu est malheureusement injouable sur console, l'ergonomie global du jeu laisse vraiment à désirer et je pense que vous mettrez pas longtemps à vous tirez les cheveux. La faute à un mappage de touche extrêmement mal choisi, et le guide de survie vraiment mal fichu, ça reste jouable juste si on avance et qu'on récupère nos matière nécessaire à la construction.
    Bon point en ce qui concerne l'évolution du perso avec les points de compétences et la création des games personnalisables.
    Graphiquement également pas ouf sur PS4 même si cela peut être excusé via la taille de la Map et la durée de vie du jeu qui enfaîte ne ce fini qu'une fois que vous en avez marre. Pour résumer le jeu est bon mais sur PC, le portage console est vraiment moyen d'ou ma note de 5/10
  8. Jun 18, 2019
    Jogo muito bom grande diversidade mapa fábulastico diversão garantida comprem vale a pena
  9. Jun 17, 2020
    it's hard to play this kind of games in ps4 but i have a lot of fun while playing it solo and with my friend
  10. Mar 2, 2020
    Pros:
    1. Graphics are good (granted, most contemporary AAA games have amazing graphics, but for someone who's been 'out of the loop' for a while it still continually amazes me).
    2. Concept is good (dinosaur-themed survival/crafting). 3. Content is good (lots of detail in the stats and item attributes, neat animals, etc) 4. Gameplay is somewhat addictive - even though I died before
    Pros:
    2. Concept is good (dinosaur-themed survival/crafting).
    4. Gameplay is somewhat addictive - even though I died before level 5 repeatedly and had no idea what I was doing, I was still laughing and wanting to play one more round).

Cons:
    1. My main gripe is that the single player experience is terrible. There is no tutorial - just some screenshots that you can only access from the main menu. Even these screenshots are so terse that it's basically impossible to just "figure out" the game with them. It seems like it was designed with multiplayer in mind, and single player was just added as an afterthought (the single-player mode is the same as the multiplayer server except you are the only player). There's no plot, and no quests.
    2. It seems very grinding-oriented. Punching trees to get wood, and spamming Y button to pick hundreds of berries as you sprint through bushes? I would prefer a bit of a slowed-down farming experience.

Summary: Game feels like it's very difficult to make any progress in without a massive time investment, which is quite a waste because they clearly put a lot of work into it. Would have been way better with a better tutorial / single-player experience and reduced reliance on grinding
  11. Jun 22, 2020
    I won't lie. I played this game for possibly over 800 hours. The gameplay was quite addictive but terrible. I never really played in official servers so I cannot comment on that but I used to mess around with a few friends on private servers we created. The single-player experience is also decent at times.

Vast variety of creatures to tame, places to explore and stuff to build but Ark

Vast variety of creatures to tame, places to explore and stuff to build but Ark just has the worst AI, most repetitive combat, and thousands of glitches.
  12. Sep 26, 2020
    Le doy un 9/10 porque entiendo la frustracion de los nuevos jugadores ya que todos la hemos sufrido,pero es empezar a comprender el funcionamiento de las mecanicas,el uso de las criaturas etc,que no quieres dejar de jugar y puede llegar a ser muy adictivo.Tampoco le puedo dar un 10 porque a veces te encuentras bugs o zonas bugueadas que pueden ser injustas.Sinceramente recomiendo el juegoLe doy un 9/10 porque entiendo la frustracion de los nuevos jugadores ya que todos la hemos sufrido,pero es empezar a comprender el funcionamiento de las mecanicas,el uso de las criaturas etc,que no quieres dejar de jugar y puede llegar a ser muy adictivo.Tampoco le puedo dar un 10 porque a veces te encuentras bugs o zonas bugueadas que pueden ser injustas.Sinceramente recomiendo el juego muchisimo y conforme vayas jugando te vayas empapando de conocimientos del videojuego Expand
  13. Jun 21, 2021
    Hands down the best Survival Game I have ever played in my life! Raptors are my spirit animal or dino lol.
  14. Jul 23, 2021
    One of the best games I have ever played. The critics here giving 2 or 3 are stupid and have no clue about what they are doing - just because a game has a few little bugs (or rather you cannot play it) it does not mean that it deserves 2 only. You also giving 2 because the food spoils while you are not on server?? But first of all - this is survival game, and second of all - BUILD AOne of the best games I have ever played. The critics here giving 2 or 3 are stupid and have no clue about what they are doing - just because a game has a few little bugs (or rather you cannot play it) it does not mean that it deserves 2 only. You also giving 2 because the food spoils while you are not on server?? But first of all - this is survival game, and second of all - BUILD A REFRIGERATOR! Food spoiling is not happening while you are playing when you play single player mode as well so maybe servers are not for you? But let's go to the point rather than focusing on %4$%$$ kids. The game is constantly developed. This year we had new part - Genesis 2 and added some new dinosaurs. I love the mechanics, the way it requires you to think - how to beat the boss, and surivive... I can start it like 20 times and it's always different. It also have very good mods - for example for collecting items from your dinosaur when you arrive to the base from a long journey around the map or simply mods that allow you to enter new map, new violent world (like for example Primal Fear mod that is awesome), or build a house looking like a modern house (Eco mods). The steam workshop is just huge for this game. The graphic is getting a bit old however remember this game is almost 5 years old (not including alpha and beta version). Soon we will have new Ark - 2nd part. I love the community (players and developers), and the game on servers is mostly really nice with people (especially on PVE). You can play even PVP where everyone is hostile to each other (or you can create clan) however be careful hence this is for advanced players that are expeirenced in a game. The game has obviously a few bugs - you can lose dinosaur as it stucks on stones, you can have issues travelling between maps on cluster however I do not think these bugs are bigger than any game has (check other games if they are bug free complainers!). This game is for everyone - my children that are at school play it and love it. I am adult person and also love to have a few hours in Ark. I spent in this game like 2000 hours and still want to play it (currently mods like Pugnacia or PF). 4.9 is a misjudgment! This game is 9.5/10. Great game. Waiting for Ark 2! Expand
  15. Apr 29, 2019
    I gotta say, this game was very time consuming. This game is a leech on life, it requires you to consistanly watch your stuff... so if you got a job like i do and a life this game keeps you logged in and people steal or kill all your stuff all the time. Other than that (wich is the game pretty much) building and taming your dinos for war is actually pretty cool. now that i play withI gotta say, this game was very time consuming. This game is a leech on life, it requires you to consistanly watch your stuff... so if you got a job like i do and a life this game keeps you logged in and people steal or kill all your stuff all the time. Other than that (wich is the game pretty much) building and taming your dinos for war is actually pretty cool. now that i play with friends it seems it much easier to stay alive but this is still a brutal survival game. I would have given this a higher score but with the lag and the constant people glitch the game, such as DDOS your server or purposely causing roll backs, can get very annoying. there is a lot of cheaters in this game and with the lag spikes it generally makes it worse. if those issues were solved id rate this game a 7 or 8. Expand
  16. Jul 31, 2018
    It was fun while it lasted, until you realize... they’re never going to fix it!!
  17. May 23, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game so match fun and I like it I play with my friends pvp server and we do a tribe fight the author tribe and we can teming a dinis and ride kill human stell they house destroy they house exploring the map 1 by 1 wxplor the desert ocean cave and mountain and ather but the game you can player with 24 fps to 32 bad fps but the graphics is so nice if you play game on ps5 or Xbox series x or pc the graphics well be better Expand
  18. Apr 15, 2021
    Das Spielt ist ohne große Diskussion großartig. Der Einstieg ist etwas schwer und gewöhnungsbedürftig aber das Spiel macht eine Menge Spaß. Es ist mein Favorit unter den Survival Games, nur die Performance auf der Konsole lässt teilweise etwas zu wünschen übrig. Aber im großen und ganzen ein tolles Spiel in dem man wenn man möchte sich im Online Modus mit anderen Spielern bekämpfen kannDas Spielt ist ohne große Diskussion großartig. Der Einstieg ist etwas schwer und gewöhnungsbedürftig aber das Spiel macht eine Menge Spaß. Es ist mein Favorit unter den Survival Games, nur die Performance auf der Konsole lässt teilweise etwas zu wünschen übrig. Aber im großen und ganzen ein tolles Spiel in dem man wenn man möchte sich im Online Modus mit anderen Spielern bekämpfen kann oder man kann entspannt im Solomodus bzw. mit Freunden auf einem Privaten Server die Story über die Explorer Notes aufdecken und heftige Bosse bekämpfen. Expand
  19. Dec 28, 2016
    Astonishingly poor! £40 price tag for a early release (alpha/beta build) is disgusting. Playstation have pulled another no mans sky debacle without any pre warning that it is early access, they'll refuse to refund and the only way to get it is through playstation store so once you've downloaded it they'll throw terms and conditions in your face. Utter shame because the potential for thisAstonishingly poor! £40 price tag for a early release (alpha/beta build) is disgusting. Playstation have pulled another no mans sky debacle without any pre warning that it is early access, they'll refuse to refund and the only way to get it is through playstation store so once you've downloaded it they'll throw terms and conditions in your face. Utter shame because the potential for this game is huge but should not have been released until it was refined and finished. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE WASTE OF MONEY!!!!! DONT BUY UNTIL ITS FINSIHED!!!!

ALSO ITS WORTH MENTIONING IF YOU ARE EPILECTIC DEFINITELY DONT BUY, NO WARNING OR HEALTH SAFETY AND WILL CAUSE SEIZURES UNTIL CERTAIN BUGS ARE FIXED
  20. Mar 2, 2017
    This game would be more fun if they would fix the lag in the dedicated servers before adding new content to the game. They need to also fix an issue as to building bases because people build such big bases preventing people from getting resources or preventing them from building a base to do much of there own. Adding a build barrier would help fix the issue and limiting you to building 1This game would be more fun if they would fix the lag in the dedicated servers before adding new content to the game. They need to also fix an issue as to building bases because people build such big bases preventing people from getting resources or preventing them from building a base to do much of there own. Adding a build barrier would help fix the issue and limiting you to building 1 base an 4 check points and provide a more defined map that will show your buildings so that if by chance you get lost you can use your map and find your way home. There also should not be a distance barrier in hosted server because that forces people to stop anything that they are doing so there friends can go do something. This is a good idea game but it seems not much thought from a gamers point of view because no one likes being limited to what they can do. Adding a story line wouldn't be a bad idea ether and a NPC city full of npcs selling gear supplies and services also giving you missions and allowing you to hire NPCs to work your base like farming repair work harvest supplies hunting helping to tame dino's defined your base and much more. There is so much potential for this game if they just listened to gamers and ideas people give for the game. If you make a game where you can do the things i mentioned and more you would have a top selling game Arc could be a great game. Expand
  21. Apr 20, 2017
    It's an open-world survivor, you can't go wrong with that, right?
    Well, the mechanics are uncomfortable and overused, and the world feels a bit like it was copy-pasted.
    This had potential, it really, did, but it was an overpriced mess.
    There are plenty better survivors out there, don't hold your breath for masterpiece here...
    And don't even get me started on the lag...
  22. Dec 6, 2017
    The idea of the game itself its actually not to bad,but its worse with everything else. If you wanna play on your own it takes hours and hours to get anywhere, and yet if you play with friends its a nightmare also because to save money they used potato servers instead of proper ones. I ve bought this game when it was in alfa realise, today this game is officially released but nothingThe idea of the game itself its actually not to bad,but its worse with everything else. If you wanna play on your own it takes hours and hours to get anywhere, and yet if you play with friends its a nightmare also because to save money they used potato servers instead of proper ones. I ve bought this game when it was in alfa realise, today this game is officially released but nothing really changed since then, the servers are still lagging and take ages to load while in the game and its not only ps4 having this problems, its in all the platforms like that. Overall i could be more happy with the game if they make it a bit faster and of course the servers need extra touch as well, the last thing would be grinding.. Unless you have 5 people in your tribe its no problem but if you deicide to play on your own... well you can't and you won't, trust me. I wouldn't recommend anyone to spend your hard earned money on this game Expand
  23. Feb 23, 2018
    This game is great. I really dont understand all the hate... all the other comments are from when this game was in early access, so that explains all the hate. It was expected to be glitchy. It's still not perfect, but it is a huuuge game so it is to be expected. One of the funnest and most time consuming games ive ever played. This should easily be game of the year. This is as open worldThis game is great. I really dont understand all the hate... all the other comments are from when this game was in early access, so that explains all the hate. It was expected to be glitchy. It's still not perfect, but it is a huuuge game so it is to be expected. One of the funnest and most time consuming games ive ever played. This should easily be game of the year. This is as open world as you can possibly imagine; everything is interactive. Expand
  24. Jul 16, 2018
    I've been playing this game for a couple of months, so this is not a rush to judgement. I'm loving this thing. The only other game I've had this much fun with was Monster Hunter 3. Maybe it's because I love the grind, maybe it's the variety of challenges. When you have a hoard of dinos that allow you to roll through the tougher areas of the map you still have caves and otherI've been playing this game for a couple of months, so this is not a rush to judgement. I'm loving this thing. The only other game I've had this much fun with was Monster Hunter 3. Maybe it's because I love the grind, maybe it's the variety of challenges. When you have a hoard of dinos that allow you to roll through the tougher areas of the map you still have caves and other environments that require re-thinking your strategy. The # of creatures and their varied talents and abilities make the # possible strategies and approaches seemingly endless. I've logged well over 200 hours on this game, and will surely do 400 more. I've hardly touched online multiplayer Arks, and hardly have built anything interesting in terms of dwellings. It feels like I'm just getting started.

The criticisms are valid IMO, but the fun of the game way more than overcomes those annoyances. The bugginess is real, and forces me to shut the game down and go back to previous save points at times. Dinos get stuck in caves, getting them un-stuck is frustrating. The grinding is another common gripe, but for me I actually like that aspect. I guess if you don't have the patience for that then this is not the game for you.
  25. Feb 6, 2018
    Ark ist ein Spiel wo man merkt dass es sich mit der Zeit deutlich verbessert hat und nun viel stabiler läuft. Man kann sehr viele Stunden in Ark verbringen da es sehr viel Kontent mitbringt und auch die DLC´s sehr groß sind. Jedoch sollte man viel Zeit mitbringen wenn man auf den Standarteinstellungen spielt da so Dinge echt Lange dauern können, was aber wett gemacht wird von der großenArk ist ein Spiel wo man merkt dass es sich mit der Zeit deutlich verbessert hat und nun viel stabiler läuft. Man kann sehr viele Stunden in Ark verbringen da es sehr viel Kontent mitbringt und auch die DLC´s sehr groß sind. Jedoch sollte man viel Zeit mitbringen wenn man auf den Standarteinstellungen spielt da so Dinge echt Lange dauern können, was aber wett gemacht wird von der großen Moder-Community und den vielen nicht offiziellen Servern. Expand
  26. May 31, 2018
    Great game, great graphics, not too great Ai or physics but whatever still amazing and I really do recommend!
  27. Dec 6, 2019
    Ark: Survival Evolved is a diverse, challenging survival game based around dinosaurs. This game has given me hours upon hours of play, and ive barely scratched the surface of what you can do in the game. The best thing about this game is the taming dinosaurs mechanic. taming dinosaurs is tough, and takes time and resources, but is the most rewarding thing in the game, as there areArk: Survival Evolved is a diverse, challenging survival game based around dinosaurs. This game has given me hours upon hours of play, and ive barely scratched the surface of what you can do in the game. The best thing about this game is the taming dinosaurs mechanic. taming dinosaurs is tough, and takes time and resources, but is the most rewarding thing in the game, as there are dinosaurs you can ride on that can fly, swim, or stomp across the map obliterating everything in their path. The worst thing about this game is the online pvp, which is very unbalanced, but single player is amazing, and in my opinion, the best way to play. please consider looking into ark if you love challenging survival games, and of course, dinosaurs. Expand
  28. Jul 21, 2020
    Absolutely awesome and then you come online after months of work and find somebody has taken it all. ROFL
  29. Oct 20, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es un juego con mucho potencial el cual pareciera que no lo van a mejorar pero junto al anuncio del tlc 3 dijeron en el community crunch de Ark anunciaron que Iván a pulir un poco más el juego y después de la salida de génesis 2 aparte de nuevos mapas(dlcs) gratis lo más probable es que mejoren más el juego por el lado rendimiento y en cuanto a historia el juego tiene una historia oculta bellísima e espléndida los que se tomaron la molestia de leer todas las notas de explorador lo sabrán en fin es una obra de arte Expand
  30. Dec 19, 2016
    The game has soooo much potential but its essentially broken. To start off its incredibly glitchy and there is nothing worse than taming a Pteradon only for it to glitch into a wall or mountain and then lose it. The PvP is virtually unplayable once you reach a certain point as higher level players will constantly raid you and build huge heavily protected forts around major resourceThe game has soooo much potential but its essentially broken. To start off its incredibly glitchy and there is nothing worse than taming a Pteradon only for it to glitch into a wall or mountain and then lose it. The PvP is virtually unplayable once you reach a certain point as higher level players will constantly raid you and build huge heavily protected forts around major resource locations. This has lead to multiple servers with very few people as one tribe just patrols around and destroys any fresh bases and run people from the server. I moved to at least 5-6 servers and found the same issue. On one server we found the perfect base location (4 of us). Built a huge stone wall, Behemoth gate, defences and even a frabicator over time. We had tamed multiple dino's but in the end it meant nothing. A bunch of high levels brought there 200+ Pteradons, flew over the wall and destroyed literally everything. All the best base locations are always taken as the game has been out on PC for years so plenty of youtube videos out there. I mean I like a challenge and yes you die in PvP games but Arks PvP is essentially broken as one tribe can just take over a server and kill it dead if they root themselves in one of the better locations. Even on PvE you are not safe as people can get Carnivores to chase them to your location.

This game has been in early access for nearly 7 years and it was released on ps4 as a full priced game.
    Sony you should be ashamed for putting a buggy, unbalanced game on the psn store and selling it at AAA price.
  31. Mar 27, 2017
    It would have been a great idea, and would be fun to play, BUT the technical online underperformance and complete lack of support resolving your issues, makes it THE MOST FRUSTRATING game I have ever played. Really sad. All your efforts like having a Wyvern level 217 can be gone in 1 second, because the upload into ark malfunctions, or a Golem level 197 simply vanishes without a trace fromIt would have been a great idea, and would be fun to play, BUT the technical online underperformance and complete lack of support resolving your issues, makes it THE MOST FRUSTRATING game I have ever played. Really sad. All your efforts like having a Wyvern level 217 can be gone in 1 second, because the upload into ark malfunctions, or a Golem level 197 simply vanishes without a trace from your base. The constant rollbacks because of server issues and lags make this game an overall very frustrating experience. It could have been amazing, the idea and gameplay could be wonderful, but the technical issues destroy everything. Expand
  32. Mar 16, 2017
    Game is great when you're playing single player on a single player server. Official servers are complete trash though. If you're fine just playing by yourself and exploring what is around you then you should get this game. If you want a good pvp element don't buy this game. The lag is awful and everyone is already ten times better than you before you even start.
  33. Jan 10, 2018
    Absolutely love the game and cant get enough of it. Really not sure why there is so much bad feedback for this game. The negative feedback put me off buying the game for such a long time and now I wish I had brought it sooner. I took the gamble while the game has been on sale but after playing it if I knew it was like this I would have been happy to pay full price for it.

This is based

This is based off playing single player and then paying for my own dedicated server for me and my friends to play on. The negative reviews could possibly be related to the official public servers which I am not interested in and cant comment on. The game does have some bugs and the odd little glitches (like most games) but in my experience they are not game breaking in anyway shape or form.

The games overall performance on my PS4 pro seems absolutely fine and some of my friends with a standard PS4's haven't noticed any general performance issues either.

I have only given the game an 8 because there are a few minor bugs and because I haven't played on the official servers to rate them. You really dont need to play on the official servers though to enjoy the game. There are also allot of private servers that you can join that have just PVP, just PVE or that have also had there server settings for the game changed to better suit the way you want to play e.g If you like PVP and dont like the idea of being raided while offline you can find a server with people that mainly play the same hours as you or that has offline raid prevention enabled in the server settings, If you dont like the idea of people claiming loads of land by just placing pillars to prevent you building find a server that has decay unsnapped core structures to help prevent these spammers. There are so many different types of server play styles you just need to look them up or try a few. This is the reason I setup my own server so I can tweak it to how me and friends prefer it.

Also note you can host a none dedicated session from your PS4 for free with altered game settings that your friends can join when ever you are online and have the session loaded.
  34. Feb 16, 2017
    Why is this game on ps4 when the PC version is still in early access? The answer is simple: greedy, thirsty developers.

Before this port came out, they even released a full-price DLC on Steam, despite the main game being a broken, unfinished pile of garbage. Do not waste your money on this version OR the PC version.
  35. Nov 27, 2017
    Played this game for about 100 hrs, loved the fact that you are able to tame and ride dinos. Once you get your first Ptero the map is wide open for you. Exploring the wilderness is a main goal of this game, started playing on the Center, and the floating islands are awesome. Not to mention the underground lost world area. Has a lot of grinding, you can adjust the rate of which you getPlayed this game for about 100 hrs, loved the fact that you are able to tame and ride dinos. Once you get your first Ptero the map is wide open for you. Exploring the wilderness is a main goal of this game, started playing on the Center, and the floating islands are awesome. Not to mention the underground lost world area. Has a lot of grinding, you can adjust the rate of which you get materials by playing on different servers, but overall awesome game. One downside is the Engram system, you will get to the point where you will run out of points and still have recipes that are locked, so you will need a tribe to be able to unlock everything. Expand
  36. Feb 5, 2018
    I really like this game, but in some cases developers are lazy. My rate is 8!
  37. Dec 5, 2018
    ARK is a pure masterpiece! While it is not comparable to the AAA classics that we have today but we must not forget that ARK is an independent game developed by a small studio!

Let's not start the positives: The content of the game is just huge! There are more than a hundred dinosaurs and creatures of all kinds, and it is possible that I am wrong and there are even more! The graphics and art direction of this game are just sublime, immersive environments and especially life is present everywhere, you can watch the dinosaurs move and attack others or attack them yourself or tame them! The music (soundtrack) of this game is just fantastic and absolutely fabulous, Gareth Coker did a monster job! It is, I think, one of the games with the best BO in the independent domain! Not to mention the DLC which are certainly paying, but still add tens or hundreds of hours of games to the basic game that is already very long! And do not say that the game is flat and contains no story, just see the number of notes arranged throughout the map and especially the cinematic end to understand that the game hides a big story behind.

But, as in all excellent games, there are negative points: Unfortunately the game is not very very well optimized, although there is still a huge difference between the advance access version and the final version, the game in Ultra is almost unplayable for those who do not have a GTX 1070 or 1080 and again ... But hey, I personally play high with a GTX 1080 and the game runs very well! Unofficial servers (which are purchased on hosting sites such as Nitroserv or OMGSERV) are not stable at all! There are many lags, automatic disconnections and crashes.

But luckily the game remains fun to play for those who want to have fun with friends! For those interested in history, there are many secrets to discover and mysteries to solve! And the support of mod via the workshop extends enormously the game! Whether mods that add maps, creatures, gameplay, armor / weapons / tools and etc! In short, ARK is one of the best independent games in history!
  38. Jan 23, 2017
    If you suffer from vertigo, this game is not for you at this time. I was unable to play due to the number of graphical issues in the game, including black/white flashes of tearing near water, extremely bright lighting, rocks and other items flashing on the screen. After a whole 3 minutes, I had to shut it off.

At this time, the was no indication on the PS store to indicate that this was

At this time, the was no indication on the PS store to indicate that this was in development not that this was an introductory price, even though the dev team has said that the official release is this spring.
  39. Dec 18, 2016
    This game runs like absolute trash. I cannot believe Sony QC control approved a game that runs with a frame rate dipping in the one digit territory. The gameplay is irrelevant as long as the game performs like this.
  40. Sep 1, 2017
    Do not buy nor support This game or dev!

The game is buggy as hell and unplayable. The servers are completely pillared meaning you cant even build a campfire, On top of that they have removed support for legacy players. I lost two bred spino's both over level 250, due to a bug. Contacted support who sad sorry but STFU. Literally hours of work lost just to be told to go away!!!!!
    Do not buy nor support This game or dev!

Literally hours of work lost just to be told to go away!!!!! Shame Wildcard!
  41. Nov 26, 2017
    Game wants to be great but with a myriad of technical problems holding it back, it's hard to recommend. It's a glitchy, broken mess that can be awesome fun when it works. Sadly it feels like the developers needed to keep this one in the oven until it was done...
  42. Aug 8, 2018
    For me, first impressions are everything. This had me quitting before I even started. I spent $60 on a game only to turn around and want to get rid of it immediately. From the starting screen I am already not knowing what to do. I have to create a server and then adjust everything before I even know what is going on? No thank you. That leads me to getting into the game and seeing myFor me, first impressions are everything. This had me quitting before I even started. I spent $60 on a game only to turn around and want to get rid of it immediately. From the starting screen I am already not knowing what to do. I have to create a server and then adjust everything before I even know what is going on? No thank you. That leads me to getting into the game and seeing my characters PS3 quality graphics, that turned me off. Then, to put a little bow on everything, you get in to not have any instructions, have no idea what to do, and not know how to access anything. That's it. I couldn't own this game for longer for 5 minutes unless i was paid to. Expand
  43. Jan 14, 2017
    This is a genuine review of the game based on around 10+ hours of gameplay on the PS4. The short story? DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. Out of 10 people who buy this game, I can guarantee you that only 2 out of the 10 will actually enjoy the game in the long run. The majority of us? Not so much. Not only does this game have horrific performance issues (anyone who says they get noThis is a genuine review of the game based on around 10+ hours of gameplay on the PS4. The short story? DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. Out of 10 people who buy this game, I can guarantee you that only 2 out of the 10 will actually enjoy the game in the long run. The majority of us? Not so much. Not only does this game have horrific performance issues (anyone who says they get no lags or freezes is lying), but the game itself is just...bad. The UI is buggy and tedious to manage. There is absolutely NO tutorial of any kind, the Dino's rarely work as intended, and even if you manage to learn the games ridiculous controls and get a foothold in a server, you WILL be killed and raided by one of the few "Alpha" tribes just for **** and giggles. Do not bother joining any official server considering they are all EXTREMELY unbalanced, not to mention toxic. Even unofficial servers are mostly terrible, what with the inconsistent admins, hackers, unbalanced gameplay, and constant NAT issues. (PVE will not solve all your issues, as players can still find ways to grief you.) New players, you will CONSTANTLY be **** upon, so get used to dying due to the stupidest reasons. Also, if you have sensitive eyes or epilepsy, do NOT buy this game, as the PS4 screenshots are very misleading. The game has a bizarre contrast/saturation setting that you cannot change in-game. The skies during the daytime are unrealistically blinding, as well as any sunlight reflecting off of water, which can cause great strain to anyone with eye problems. Working your way up is a tedious grind, and even once you reach the top, the game becomes boring as there is really nothing else to do except await the inevitable ass-beating you are going to receive from another tribe invading the server.

This game is O.K on PC (it is slowly dying out though, due to the devs being incompetent), but on PS4 it is utter **** If you purchase this game you HAVE to buy it full price with the DLC, no exceptions. The game isn't even finished yet, but for some reason Sony thought it would be a good idea to release this game as a AAA title anyways. Not only that, but if you bought this game on accident thinking it would be a fun play, tough **** Sony will throw their terms and conditions in your face and let you know that there are absolutely no refunds on digital content if you already started downloading it. (Ironic how the only way to buy this game on PS4 is through DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY hmmmmm.....) This is obviously yet another bad decision on Sony's part in an effort to grab cash from suckers who think this is a good game.

Maybe this game can be good in the future when it's actually DONE, but as of right now, Ark Survival Evolved on the PS4 is a buggy, lackluster mess that is unplayable until the devs pull their **** together.
  44. Jan 10, 2017
    This game consists of bugs, freezes, terrible control and a complete lack of usability. I think unacceptable releasing such unfinished products on PS4.
  45. Jan 28, 2017
    Awful, continual lag will drive you mad. A plethora of other glitches and bugs listed in other reviews here. Overall the worst, un-optimized game I have played on PS4.
  46. Dec 29, 2016
    Do not buy this game until they fix it! This is a No Mans Sky mk 2 but worse.

Do not buy this game until they fix it! This is a No Mans Sky mk 2 but worse.

I couldn't stand by and let another gamer be caught out by another broken game like this one that I just had to set up this account to express my disbelief at how badly this game runs on the PS4. Yes it has potential and I wish it truely worked but the game is broken at the time of writing this and yes! this is another no mans sky stunt, no sorry... that was more stable of a game and Sony's shadey way of keeping your money because of their self set rules of digital content is disgraceful. (Which are null and void in the UK if the content is faulty)

You cant play on the original Ark world as server support is limited so half of the game you cant even play with other people because they are always full. So in effect you are forced to purchase the the dlc as well if you want to play online and enjoy the game in any way (thats if you can get over the various game crashes). The only problem with the dlc is that the scorched earth map is MUCH! harder to survive in and you are given zero directions on how to play the game, you cant find water in a desert and the game is impossible to survive alone, did I mention you cant invite your friends online? Fine I accept its a learning process and 'get gud' and all but this is a poor port of a game and should not be on Sony's shelf with the state it's in.

Forget about setting a private server up and play with your friends, if the freezing of the game just by sending an invite wont stop you, the constant NAT types issues that the developers havent fixed for the last few weeks will stop you.

All my friends who were excited to play this said it was broken and got their refunds, so am I and you should avoid it for at least a year.

PLEASE AVOID!
  47. Dec 9, 2016
    This game barely runs on a high-end computer let alone on the ps4. Ignoring the performance issues, the underlying gameplay is not very fun at all, and is just a grind. I would wait for it to actually release and professional reviews to come out before purchasing the game.
  48. Jan 23, 2017
    Absolutely amazing!
    This game was so fun and great to play online! Everyone that has 30 pounds to spare should get this game or ill come to your house and bad things will happen
  49. Jan 4, 2017
    If you can't stand Lag, this game is not for you (currently). It can go from smooth running to borderline crashing in moments depending on how crowded an area is. If you can look past this (a big if), the game has a lot to offer. Practically all the content that was on the PC is here, including a more limited painting option (Can't paint the dinos themselves currently).
    If you haven't
    If you haven't played before, be prepared to die a lot in the beginning. This game does not treat you kindly until you can make a base of operations and get some friends.
    If you can get past the hazing of the start, you'll find a lot of options in terms of the games building and taming systems, as well as a wide variety of crafting options.
    The game is very Multi-player focused, with mid and end game items requiring more material than any one person can reasonably get.
    All in all, if you're looking for a challenging survival game, you could do much worse than giving ARK a look. Just be warned that, due to the nature of the game, it may never run at a smooth and consistent framerate.
  50. May 1, 2017
    Been a gamer all my life, but this game captures something ive been looking for, for a long long time. Its still in pre-release so expect issues. Lag on official servers is the major downfall at the moment, But if you find a good dedicated server, those problems are not present anymore. Love how Wild Card is consistently adding updates to the game making it feel fresh after everyBeen a gamer all my life, but this game captures something ive been looking for, for a long long time. Its still in pre-release so expect issues. Lag on official servers is the major downfall at the moment, But if you find a good dedicated server, those problems are not present anymore. Love how Wild Card is consistently adding updates to the game making it feel fresh after every update. This game takes #1 for me of all time. I Have been going hard for 2 months, and i dont see any end in sight. Nothing beats exploring the world for rare cool drops, taming and breeding animals, building a land and water base, and a farm and defenses. No game compares to this.

Im sure once the full version comes out and all the wrinkles have been ironed out, I will be giving this game a solid 10 out of 10! I 100% recommend this to all survival/exploration/rpg players.

Thank you for this Wild Card!!!
  51. Mar 8, 2017
    Before you buy the game understand, you will die, you will hate it at first. That being said if you truly want to experience a game where you have to eat, drink, and survive the harsh surroundings around you welcome to ARK, add players with PVP you got yourself a deadly situation. The servers are stable now after the updates for the most part(rare errors happen, its a mass online game).Before you buy the game understand, you will die, you will hate it at first. That being said if you truly want to experience a game where you have to eat, drink, and survive the harsh surroundings around you welcome to ARK, add players with PVP you got yourself a deadly situation. The servers are stable now after the updates for the most part(rare errors happen, its a mass online game). All this being said Ark is truly a game you would enjoy if you like these conditions build a base make sure nobody can get inside, level up your character from a cave man to a complete monster. Most importantly enjoy the game I am addicted love spending time with friends on it and teaming up with others enjoy cheers and have a enjoyable experience hopefully! Expand
  52. May 1, 2017
    Don't let the nice graphics fool you. The underlying mechanics of this game is broken, which is something I realised about 100hours into gameplay. Single player / PVE is fun at first, but gets boring quickly. Official PVP is complete trash as there is no such thing as offline raid prevention, which means any progress you make during a session will be wiped by griefers when you're offline.Don't let the nice graphics fool you. The underlying mechanics of this game is broken, which is something I realised about 100hours into gameplay. Single player / PVE is fun at first, but gets boring quickly. Official PVP is complete trash as there is no such thing as offline raid prevention, which means any progress you make during a session will be wiped by griefers when you're offline. This game quickly devolves into being a chore. Had potential, but the studio doesn't have the ability execute it properly. You can polish a turd and make it as shiny as you want, but at the end of the day, it's still a turd. Expand
  53. Sep 14, 2017
    Broken laggy mess. Devs are the worst lazy in the industry.

his game is a lie in a 60$ box. It is not what we have been waiting for it is not "better longer with more to do" the story is complete childish ****
  54. Jun 7, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great survival game. Have been playing it for months now with friends on a PVE server. Developer should have fixed lag issues before launching though. It has been getting better with each patch, but originally unplayable. Expand
  55. Mar 3, 2017
    Valoración de 4 puntos... por que ? por que compre un juego a medio terminar... entras a un mapa con usuarios que te matan de 1 solo golpe, y vos venís con suerte juntando recursos... incontables las veces que morí intentando subir un poco.. y volver a comenzar todo el tiempo, para que todo se me borre después.
  56. Feb 23, 2017
    This is a 7, so close to a perfect 10.

For £24, i was hoping for a good survival game in some jurassic park / Farcry mashup. I read reviews and was intreagued enough to give it a go. Last night i slept for just 2 hours. TWO HOURS. This game is much deeper than i expected, and ive barely touched the sides. ARK is either played out on The island or The Centre (Scorched Earth Dlc not
    This is a 7, so close to a perfect 10.

ARK is either played out on The island or The Centre (Scorched Earth Dlc not played, yet). Two maps of mediocre size. Not the biggest, but as a living world it is impressive. These maps are 24/7 servers that are still playing whilst your asleep, meaning defence and forming Tribes becomes useful in PVP. This also is why im vey addicted to the game, as base building is a major part of surviving.
    First however, you create a character (very limited) and enter with just a pair of boxers on. ive not delved much into The Centre yet, as i wanted to learn a map well for PvP. Ive dabbled on unofficial servers in pvp, but my current character is a lvl 63 in PVE. Crafting and leveling, and lots of grinding is seriousoy rewarding in Ark. The early game is incredibly challenging, especially alone. In pvp people tend to group up for safety, but pve is usually a few well established groups of friends, and a lot of loners, as i was. Each server on the ps4 has a 70 capacity. Ive read tbat early days they had 80+ players in, causing crashes. My official pve server usually has 40/70 players on at any peak time and down to 20/70 in other. These low activity times are some of the best moments ive had in game, as the games huge flaw is lag time. The constant rendering of trees and dinosaurs often causes epic lag. It becomes part of the survival, getting used to it glitching back 5 seconds, its particularly tedious when on a boat. Theres a few AI glitches, but given the density of whats on screen, its acceptable. I think others like me that can see this being a longterm affair with Ark, theres hope in that the devs are relentlesly releasing updates. If they fix it, nothing would stop this being a 9 or 10. The graphics, when i saw the trailer, really didnt blow me away, mainly the buildings. What i didnt realise from the trailer are tribes build those towns in a minecraft style together.
    The freedom of how to play is brilliant in that you can train many different mounts, from sabres to t-rex or the meglo from the deep. You can train winged reptiles so large that you can make a portable base on their backs, same with some land and sea dinos. You can craft rafts and make ships from them, or build a perch top base on a mountain. But do expect a long grind to get what yoy want. This can be helped by using the dinos you train, which in itself is a slog to train the larger dinos (hours).
    The survival element hits the nail on the head flr fans. The map is large enough to get lost early game, and random respawns, a map that doesnt show where you actually are, or any landmarks as such, it really does start hard. This can be made outright impossible if you join a server that happens to be at mkdnight. In the pitch black, youll either fall to your death or more likely be eaten. Theres a nice horror element to nightime also. Resource crates come down from a beacon of light in the sky at night, inside could be a game changing tool or blueprint, but running over the hill with a naked flamed torch with dino snarls amongst the trees, it really does keep you on edge. In PVE/PVP mode, i also witnessed a played bludgeon another to death over a resource crate. Obviously with any mmo style game, community matters. So far, so good. Pvp is ruthless as desired, and pve often full of friendly neighbours.

At half the price of a triple A title, and the fact this is deemed as "in beta" still, this game is excellent. If you can forgive its often shakey server performances, theres an epic challenge to have here, with potentially years in the community. In its current state though, half of gamers wont look past the lag. For me, ive loved it
  57. Nov 23, 2017
    Public servers are bad! Even when the server says the ping is low there's still lag. It's even worse when players have a bunch of stuff everywhere. Speaking of players, the players in the game are so greedy. They have huge bases and on top of that, they build random stuff around so you cannot build almost anywhere. Also, this game is almost bad for new players, you can start off in anPublic servers are bad! Even when the server says the ping is low there's still lag. It's even worse when players have a bunch of stuff everywhere. Speaking of players, the players in the game are so greedy. They have huge bases and on top of that, they build random stuff around so you cannot build almost anywhere. Also, this game is almost bad for new players, you can start off in an easy area yet the dinos are above level 50! There's also these dinos who steal your stuff as well as put to you to sleep. The ones who put you to sleep are over powered as hell because once they put you to sleep they pretty much kill you. I only ever touched pve I bet pvp is even worse!. Laggy game, and bad community not worth your time. Expand
  58. Jan 28, 2018
    Maximum Survivor trophy on ps4 wont unlock without dlc as they added 15 more levels but you can only get them through dlc which you have to pay for.
  59. Apr 10, 2020
    Hands down best game I have ever played. So much to do, plus offers free dlc’s to play with as well, The game has a purpose, however you are free to do whatever you want. The paid dlc’s are also amazing, they are whole new maps with new creatures and bosses, for a low price. Best game ever!
  60. Jun 15, 2021
    This game is enjoyable only with friends in offline mode. Online mode sucks community is toxic and everybody tries to kill you with no reasons. This is not GTA V!
  61. Jan 31, 2020
    This game would probably be my favorite game ever if it the optimization wasn't straight up horrible and the devs actually cared about the game. Unless you really like dinosaurs and survival games do not buy this.
  62. Oct 13, 2019
    In a sentence: It can be a lot of fun, but if I could refund my £16, I would do so.

Ark is a terribly broken, laggy, clunky, and badly designed game, with a fantastic masterpiece hiding inside. Gameplay (general): Ark really is the ps4 equivalent of a primark clothing garment: it looks pretty cool, but scratch beneath the surface just a tiny bit and you find the abysmal laziness of

Gameplay (general):
    Ark really is the ps4 equivalent of a primark clothing garment: it looks pretty cool, but scratch beneath the surface just a tiny bit and you find the abysmal laziness of the manufacturing.

I've had brilliant moments where I rode in on a huge giganotosaurus to defend my base, slaughtering the enemy dinosaurs. Sadly these are outweighed 100 to 1 by endless tedious grinding, getting stuck in rocks and having to have a friend kill me to escape, losing dinosaurs to laughable offline hunger mechanics, and even having tamed dinosaurs bug under the map after spending hours acquiring them.

The new player experience: When you begin this game, you're usually greeted by being immediately spawn killed by a raptor several times (why this is the caseI do not know). The solution is actually quite easy: just make a bed in a small house once you spawn somewhere safe, but the problem is there are ABSOLUTELY NO INSTRUCTIONS WHATSOEVER. Ark is a very complicated game - after over 100 hours I still feel like a noob, and for a game this complex to have literally no tutorial at all is yet another example of the extreme laziness at Wildcard.
    If you do come to love this game, it will certainly not be until you've played for 10s of hours and spent more time than that watching youtube guides - this is not an exaggeration.

Pay-to-win: there's also the issue of apparent pay to win mechanics. You buy the game only to realise that in order to stand a chance in pvp you need to spend the same amount again to get the latest expansion, or else remain hopelessly outclassed by the new unbalanced dinosaurs only available behind a second pay-wall.

in summary: as other reviews say (and I think this particularly applies to console), Ark is an extremely frustrating experience, as the gameplay can be really very fun, but it's ruined by all the problems caused by the laziness of the developers.

Note: if you do buy this game - do not bother playing official servers unless you have 10s of friends to help you - you will not survive against the massive dominating tribes otherwise. I would strongly recommend playing a private server.
  63. Mar 2, 2020
    Iv played since beta but refuse to give these scammers another cent or minute of my life! They are just gonna keep producing half polished turds and neglecting them soon as the money comes in to start making the next turd of a game iv been wiped by the devs more times than other players!( and i mean due to bugged updates not because i was cheating.. cheating is gross)
  64. May 12, 2020
    Arc is a game with great promise and phenomenal concepts, however it fails to execute in these ideas through poor playability
  65. Dec 29, 2020
    An awesome premise that is unfortunately ruined by unforgivable bugs and glitches. Despite losing much of my progress over and over and over again, I powered through for about 20-30 hours. I finally had to put it down after a major bug caused me to lose much of what I had built. And there are serious issues in the game design itself for solo players causing you to need to dedicate 100s ofAn awesome premise that is unfortunately ruined by unforgivable bugs and glitches. Despite losing much of my progress over and over and over again, I powered through for about 20-30 hours. I finally had to put it down after a major bug caused me to lose much of what I had built. And there are serious issues in the game design itself for solo players causing you to need to dedicate 100s of hours to assembling all the materials necessary to get to the top of the tech chain and assemble a collection of top dinos. Not very respectful of players' time. I hope they fix all of the above for the sequel. Expand
  66. Dec 15, 2016
    Love this game. Great strategy,survival game. Runs great on the PS4. Been playing PvP for a week now. I recommend starting on a medium spawn point as easy spawn points have lots of players and they will kill.you. There are so many blueprints and sources. I am level 42 and have crossbow, metal spear, metal tools, raft, stone castle, dino gate, crops crowing and chiton armor. It is aLove this game. Great strategy,survival game. Runs great on the PS4. Been playing PvP for a week now. I recommend starting on a medium spawn point as easy spawn points have lots of players and they will kill.you. There are so many blueprints and sources. I am level 42 and have crossbow, metal spear, metal tools, raft, stone castle, dino gate, crops crowing and chiton armor. It is a survival game you collect resources but it pays off with noticeable rewards. I am a lone wolf but can see how being in a tribe can help keep you protected. They immersion is outstanding. Well worth the money, better then most completed games. due to be complete mid 2017, it seems complete to me. its like getting season pass for free. It has never locked up on me and only had one lag because PS4 updated system. been running smooth since. The neg reviews look like peps who don't even have the game for PS4. I rank it up there with BF1, TF2 and I have them both. Love Xcom2 but its crashed so much on PS4 and its complete. ARK is a most by well worth the 55 bones. Yea CPU users got it cheaper but they were playing an outdated version. I got it for 55 and I love it. Game I have been waiting for. Expand
  67. Dec 13, 2016
    This game is great. Put time into getting used to the game and learn the basics and you can have a blast. PvP is great and if you don't want that you can always join a PvE server. Good game. Good Graphics. Really fun.
  68. Dec 16, 2016
    ARK: Survival Evolved pleasantly surprised me. It plays well for a pre-release game and is enjoyable. It's a survival game so if that's not your cup of tea then I would move on but if you like those types of games then buy it!
  69. Dec 17, 2016
    Las primeras horas lo odiaras porque no pararas de morir y no te enteraras de nada, pero conforme vayas aprendiendo sus mecanicas, consigas asentarte en un buen sitio en el que ir prosperando junto a tu tribu lo empezaras a amar hasta un punto obsesivo. No hago mas que pensar en salir del trabajo para ir a ver a mi Raptor, explorar el bello mundo de Ark, contactar con otras tribusLas primeras horas lo odiaras porque no pararas de morir y no te enteraras de nada, pero conforme vayas aprendiendo sus mecanicas, consigas asentarte en un buen sitio en el que ir prosperando junto a tu tribu lo empezaras a amar hasta un punto obsesivo. No hago mas que pensar en salir del trabajo para ir a ver a mi Raptor, explorar el bello mundo de Ark, contactar con otras tribus amistosas, aplastar a todo aquel que me ataque a mi, a mi tribu o a mis animales, y un sin fin de historias mas que crearan los propios jugadores porque en Ark la historia la creas tu y la gente que puebla cada servidor al mas puro estilo rolero. Infinitamente recomendable, y para ser un early acces tiene mas contenido y es mas divertido que la inmensa mayoria del catalogo actual de juegos, eso si Ark nunca te lleva de la mano, exige paciencia, tiempo, cooperacion con otros jugadores y mirar muchas guias por internet, lo que para algunos lo hara tan especial y para jugadores mas casuales tan odioso. Compradlo sin dudar. Expand
  70. Dec 13, 2017
    This is a great game, I can't believe there are so many unhappy people out there. Dino taming is fun, the scenery is second to none, the ability to interact with anything in the environment is epic. I have 2000+ hours invested in the game and can confidently say that every second was rewarding, from riding Pteradons to Rex's. I play single player btw. sure there are some minor bugs, whichThis is a great game, I can't believe there are so many unhappy people out there. Dino taming is fun, the scenery is second to none, the ability to interact with anything in the environment is epic. I have 2000+ hours invested in the game and can confidently say that every second was rewarding, from riding Pteradons to Rex's. I play single player btw. sure there are some minor bugs, which game of this magnitude doesn't? Expand
  71. Jul 10, 2019
    As a new player it’s not even enjoyable. And the controls are way too complicated and it doesn’t explain anything to you. Doesn’t run great on PS4 either. And I couldn’t get console commands to work after trying forever so yeah I don’t recommend.
  72. Apr 6, 2020
    Worst customer support ever. They basically told me they couldn't do **** about the fact that their servers crashed and rolled back..causing my character to get deleted. They could care less in fact people are so used to this kind of thing happening that the suggestion is ..its my fault"
    UNREAL. They get your money then they could care less. No customer support its all automated. You can be playing for a month collecting then ..randomly.. just staring ALL OVER, WTF.
  73. Oct 1, 2020
    Are you looking for a game that crashes every ten seconds? How about a game that deletes all your progress because of bugs? No? How about a game that kicks you from the entire game so it can update in the middle of a raid, Well if that's what you want this is the game for you! Omegatrash
  74. Dec 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is just dog **** It crashes every five seconds. And when you can play the severs are so lagy. The game desperately needs to be optimized. Do not buy Expand
  75. Jan 24, 2021
    Too scifi for something supposed to be prehistoric(ish), also, the random spawn enemy idea is absolute trash, why you would code it to spawn t-rex in the beginning spawn areas is beyond me..
  76. Jan 26, 2021
    One of the best survival games but the Performance is bad. On Ps4 Pro its ok if you take the right settings. there lot of bugs, but the gamebraking bugs a mostly patched. If you like Survival Games, try it, but grab it on sale.
  77. Dec 28, 2020
    I had high expectations for this game & I was massively disappointed. The quality on ps4 is extremely bad, the controls are awful as well as the UI & the lack of a real mini map or even a map of the island are ruining the experience. I can’t for the life of me understand how the developers were thinking.
  78. Feb 8, 2021
    This game really could have been good.

The game is so poorly optimised that it's pretty much unplayable in its current state. You really can't play this game.
  79. Feb 24, 2021
    The game is quite buggy and the graphics are quite good at their best i find the game play quite boring and repetitive. This game is for a very specific type of player that does not suit everyone i recommend watching some game play videos before buying this to make sure this is for you.
  80. Jan 10, 2018
    Can say just one thing: This so called Game is just a scam! Stay away from it!
  81. Sep 16, 2019
    Wildcard go to hell! This game makes Bethesda software look like NASA if compared. A sh*thole game where: you glitch in the ground, through the trees, walls, rocks, and your Dino aswell. Dinos disappear for no reason after night, wild dinos can compenetrate so hard to the wall that they can get inside your home and kill your pet dinos. If you travel to other servers you remain stucked andWildcard go to hell! This game makes Bethesda software look like NASA if compared. A sh*thole game where: you glitch in the ground, through the trees, walls, rocks, and your Dino aswell. Dinos disappear for no reason after night, wild dinos can compenetrate so hard to the wall that they can get inside your home and kill your pet dinos. If you travel to other servers you remain stucked and you loose your dinos if an allied tribe don't feed em, I mean, 70 euros for this piece of fecies? It's annoying and triggering how badly designed and poorly realize this game is. Expand
  82. Dec 11, 2016
    This is an Early Access (re: INCOMPLETE) title on Steam for PC which was ported to the PS4. You give the Developers money to play the unfinished game and they will update it over time. Rather than providing this as a Beta or Demo, the only option for playing as of the time of this writing is the $54.99 Surviors Pack Bundle.
  83. Jun 10, 2019
    Wow, this game is bad. The interface is terrible and nothing is intuitive. The controls scheme is a nightmare, the game is buggy, and there is a ton of lag (produced from poor optimization). I cannot recommend this game.
  84. Sep 16, 2019
    Clearly just another pc port. these buggy pre alpha state games need to stay where they belong: steam.
  85. Jun 1, 2020
    I gag, rage, and hit my desk every time I play this game. It's pacing is too slow for its presentation. I spent hours not going anywhere, even with people who "knew" what they were doing. It's only saving grace was the price I bought it for ($15). This game should be free with the amount of DLC that there is to purchase, maps that give you an advantage and that make it easier to play. ToI gag, rage, and hit my desk every time I play this game. It's pacing is too slow for its presentation. I spent hours not going anywhere, even with people who "knew" what they were doing. It's only saving grace was the price I bought it for ($15). This game should be free with the amount of DLC that there is to purchase, maps that give you an advantage and that make it easier to play. To help it repetitive and horrific base gameplay, the game controls terribly with frame drops every time that I leave a menu, missing a step launches you off the mountain face, hunger breaks you legs, dehydration breaks your legs, diseases where you have to be a certain level to cure, dragons that allow you to traverse the landscape and destroy bases and dinosaurs within minutes without any effort, you can only carry so much before you can't even walk, every dinosaur can kill you because all dinosaurs are overpowered, you can barely do any damage to the dinos, dinosaurs spawn everywhere with levels that can one-shot a new character or too many to handle, grinding is so boring because you need to set up a base in every location with a few bed because if you die too often you'll have to wait 5 minutes to respawn, the only goal it to get a dragon in order to be an **** to everyone on the server.

The only saving grace are the birds, the poop sound effect, and the graphics. That's about it.

I detest this game and the price of $60 USD is filed by corporate greed and the $5-$20 DLC just for a reskin of a map that was randomly generated and then released to the public or a literal reskin of items in the game are just signs of bad game design. Do not buy this game, nor even think about buying it.
  86. Oct 9, 2019
    Jesus Christ, I'm mad.

This game has loads of potential- if you can actually figure out how it WORKS. It gives little to no clear instruction on the controls, or how to level-up; it tells you to go to the inventory, but WHERE in the inventory are you meant to go?? And there isn't, as far as I can see, a way to tell how many points you've earned towards a new level. The game is
    Jesus Christ, I'm mad.

The game is clearly geared towards people who have been playing it since it was in its alpha-state on the PC. Because anyone else who tries to play it is just going to be completely lost.
  87. Aug 15, 2020
    Minecraft with better graphics
  88. Apr 11, 2019
    waste of $$$, game for ps4 is a nigthmare, disc problems and crash ps4, show some errors and etc, all pics are fake , dont show actual game, but this like nice looking box with rubbish inside
  89. Jul 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Die Community kriegt bessere Sachen hin als Die Entwickler selber ......... Expand
  90. Jul 15, 2020
    i have more friends than this game has frames per seconds. and i have like 4 friends
  91. Aug 2, 2020
    Unplayable. No way to save progress, no tutorials, nothing is self evident. Its like they designed the world and said "men, good enough- figure it out, dummy." And there is nothing on their website to make sense of it all- not even how to save your progress! How is this even a game? Avoid this title like the plague
  92. Jan 13, 2020
    Ark is a game that has a good concept but the devs stuffed it up for a game that has been out for almost 5 years you would expect most of the major bugs and flaws of the game to be fixed but the devs decided to add dlcs to the game to hide the flaws instead of fixing them. adding new context to a game will never work if the groundwork for the game is not finished, i would love to play aArk is a game that has a good concept but the devs stuffed it up for a game that has been out for almost 5 years you would expect most of the major bugs and flaws of the game to be fixed but the devs decided to add dlcs to the game to hide the flaws instead of fixing them. adding new context to a game will never work if the groundwork for the game is not finished, i would love to play a game like this if it was made better it doesn't matter how many maps you have if the game is a buggy mess. the game is poorly optimized so it doesn't matter what you do it will always be laggy, the UI is horrible and needs a rework and don't get me started on the servers it is impossible to play not only because of the framerate but also because of pillar spammers which make impossible to build anywhere this could of been fixed if they added a system liming the amount of stuff you could build of make it so you can only clam a certain amount of space. and for people who don't have someone to teach them the game it would almost be impossible to play without looking everything up on the wiki because of the lack of a basic tutorial.
    I would only recommend this game if you are desperate for a dino game and it is on sale or if the devs decide to listen to user feedback and fix there game.
  93. Jun 2, 2021
    A construction game with monsters and couch co-op, that was what sold us the game...
    Seriously considered asking a refund, this game is very poorly ported from PC to console:
    - User interface is not optimized for controler, no customisation. - Automatic language selection seems to use Google translate, hilarious but useless and annoying! - On a 4K screen the PS4 Pro is barely up to
    - User interface is not optimized for controler, no customisation.
    - On a 4K screen the PS4 Pro is barely up to it's task when you got a few tame creatures around you in a solo game.
    - Building could have been great if you only had a bit more control how pieces are placed.
    - Creatures get stuck very easy in surroundings.
    - Walls don't protect you against attacks from outside, they only hinder attackers to come close to you.
    - Split screen... Is lituraly 2 half screens on top of each other with vital parts outside the frame! Host is getting ghost images from the guest, If one of the players enters inventory the other suffers huge framedrops and lag, both players at the same time in inventory is a dissaster, guest has to stay very close to the host, host gets no warning if he goes too far away from guest, and a few more things...

But still, we keep playing. Concept is interesting, creatures look pretty good, day/night and weather is done decent. If only the UI would have been more optimised to consoles, if only the splitscreen was done better... If only players were not interupting other players actions in the inventory...

We wanted a couch co-op but got a lazy, buggy PC port on console. And if those issues are there from start it is unlikely Wildcard even cares about solving the issues. Not worth full price, barely wort the 60% we got it for.
    (But we keep on playing for some strange reason)

Update: We started playing online.
    Encountering more and more issues that are never fixed or getting re-introduced at the next patch. Servers not up to the task and a customer support that is understaffed at least.
    All in all I lowered my rating from the initial 6 to 5 and most likely going lower if the issues are getting worse by enforcing PS5 graphix on the PS4 servers. But hey, at least we have detailed doorhandles in 0.2fps on thatchdoors you only use the first days after starting a new character...

Update 2:
    Lowered rating from 5 to 3 for the increasing ammount of glitches. On the brink of the launch of Genesis 2 the issues seem to get only worse. And CS is not able to deal with PS as a platform, demanding the use of non-platform hardware for sending "proof" of bugs while still not being able to restore lost items and/or characters in time.

Initialy I was about to get it refunded but gave it a try, the state it is in now it should be delisted from PS4.

WILDCARD, FIX YOUR ****

ARK II? Prove you learned from the errors first.
  94. Feb 25, 2020
    Even after 5 years it's been released this game is an extremely bad quality game countless bugs, online unstability, corrupted saves because of mods, terrible graphic optimization with a not so pretty game, the ONLY official mod doesn't even work LUL and after years the developing team didn't even bother to fix it, now let's talk how Unable the dev team is to meet the deadlines forEven after 5 years it's been released this game is an extremely bad quality game countless bugs, online unstability, corrupted saves because of mods, terrible graphic optimization with a not so pretty game, the ONLY official mod doesn't even work LUL and after years the developing team didn't even bother to fix it, now let's talk how Unable the dev team is to meet the deadlines for releasing the new extension, 3 months late that is and they keep delaying it again and again for reasons that ONLY them are responsible of, that showing what an incompetent team ARK has behind it, so for those interested in buying this game at this date trust me on this, paying 55 € for such a low quality game developed by an incompetent developing team don't waste money and any more time go find another game :) Expand
  95. Feb 29, 2020
    Got it for $10 and still feel like I was robbed. No exaggeration the lag alone makes this game literally unplayable not to mention a million other problems. Do not buy
  96. Mar 20, 2020
    J’ai vraiment essayé d’aimer ça! Mais on s’entend, tout bug/lag/crash. À chaque moment de jeux des choses arrive qui font que ça donne envie de détruire le jeux (même une version dans le cloud). Je ne recommande à personne de l’acheter ou même de penser l’acheter. Perte de temps x1000. Le seul point fort c’est que je l’ai eu gratuitement alors j’ai épargné de l’argent et en supprimant leJ’ai vraiment essayé d’aimer ça! Mais on s’entend, tout bug/lag/crash. À chaque moment de jeux des choses arrive qui font que ça donne envie de détruire le jeux (même une version dans le cloud). Je ne recommande à personne de l’acheter ou même de penser l’acheter. Perte de temps x1000. Le seul point fort c’est que je l’ai eu gratuitement alors j’ai épargné de l’argent et en supprimant le jeux j’ai pu récupérer tout cette espace de storage dans ma ps4 pour download des jeux qui valent la peine! Expand
  97. Apr 17, 2020
    Vom Prinzip und von der Idee her ein gutes Spiel, aber auf der Ps4 unmöglich mit einem Freund Online ohne Probleme zu spielen. Auch kein Tutorial und sehr veraltete Grafik, dazu ist das Overlay einfach hässlich.
  98. Jun 5, 2020
    There is no useful help. I can't place a simple campfire. I've searched and searched through an overwhelming amount of settings and keybindings to no avail. This is the worst game I ever played. It's not functional on Windows or Steam. This game is not developed properly and is a complete waste of money. I will never buy from Steam again.
  99. Jun 6, 2020
    I keep getting killed from nothing, I died when I was logged off my account some how(I was surrounded by gates and my Dino’s who were untouched and on aggressive). If you like losing everything you work hard for, for hours ,for no reason at all, this is the game for you.
  100. Sep 3, 2020
    I made the mistake of buying this without looking up metacritic scores. The concept of this game is fine, and I think the graphics look nice, but it is simply an awful experience to play. I started playing offline. The default gameplay settings are ridiculous, and even if you experiment enough to work out some more reasonable settings it is an enormously frustrating experience. I likeI made the mistake of buying this without looking up metacritic scores. The concept of this game is fine, and I think the graphics look nice, but it is simply an awful experience to play. I started playing offline. The default gameplay settings are ridiculous, and even if you experiment enough to work out some more reasonable settings it is an enormously frustrating experience. I like challenging games but I just don't see how much of the gameplay is fun. Wandering around in complete darkness after you die, whereupon you get instalkilled by anything you encounter, dying repeatedly trying to reclaim gear on your original corpse etc. Massively overlevelled monsters everywhere. Many of the materials required to tame dinosaurs were nowhere to be found in my starting area etc.. A tiny proportion of people will like the grind, but at no point did I feel "this is fun!". Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

Like a lot of of titles in this genre, Ark: Survival Evolved has a steep learning curve and requires quite the time - and possibly financial - investment. But once you get into the rhythm of it, the endless need to survive, set against the simple satisfaction of slowly building up your capacity to do so, makes this a game that could well turn into a hobby for you, all in itself.
  2. Sep 27, 2017
    ARK: Survival Evolved is a complete survival experience. It could be a little frustrating at the beginning, but once you learn the mechanics and get used to the gameplay, the player has multiple options to develop their characters and enjoy the beautiful but dangerous open world created by Studio Wildcard. However, the console interface isn't intuitive enough, and the performance isn't perfect, with some framerate issues. Even so, it´s very enjoyable to interact with the wild creatures living in this prehistoric island.
  3. Sep 20, 2017
    If you have friends, Ark: Survival Evolved is a fun survival game, with options such as PvP or PvE servers to make every player happy. If you primarily play alone, however, this game will require a heavy set of grinding and repetition, turning off any players hoping to just get a taste of some dinosaur action.