6.0

1. Oct 5, 2018
    Nah, not a fan of the new formula. Side activities and challenges from AC1 - AC Syndicate were replaced with side quests in Origins and Odyssey, problem is most of them are boring, dull and unfun. In Origins whenever I saw another side quest mark on the map I just sprinted past it. Here it's the same. Call me old-fashioned but I actually preferred the old AC formula and I did like theNah, not a fan of the new formula. Side activities and challenges from AC1 - AC Syndicate were replaced with side quests in Origins and Odyssey, problem is most of them are boring, dull and unfun. In Origins whenever I saw another side quest mark on the map I just sprinted past it. Here it's the same. Call me old-fashioned but I actually preferred the old AC formula and I did like the modern meta story, it made the series unique and mysterious. I understand Ubi wanted to try something different (many people were actually pestering them about that) but I think it's time for a return to roots. Expand
  2. Oct 5, 2018
    The identity of Assassins Creed is lost in this game. Combat is the clunkiest of any AC game I have played. Voice acting and dialogue is good, and the story is worthy of prior AC titles. The combat really holds this game back. interface is terrible, movement is disjointed and awkward, and I feel that the characters should just stay in the bushes and watch the war. Worst AC title to beThe identity of Assassins Creed is lost in this game. Combat is the clunkiest of any AC game I have played. Voice acting and dialogue is good, and the story is worthy of prior AC titles. The combat really holds this game back. interface is terrible, movement is disjointed and awkward, and I feel that the characters should just stay in the bushes and watch the war. Worst AC title to be released, and that is painful to say after being a dedicated AC player since the beginning. Graphic and art is amazing, except for the fact that the same art appears in multiple temples. Trust me, there is more Greek art out there. Expand
  3. Oct 9, 2018
    Guys, the most important thing you need to know about this game - this is not Assassin's Creed. Are you kidding, Ubisoft? I'll start with the good points. Great music. The world of ancient Greece is beautifully recreated.

Now back to business. If I had not been told the name of the game, I would not have guessed that this is an assassin's creed. Where is a cloak and hood? Are we an assassin or some nameless warrior? Many canonical attributes have been removed from the game.

Previously, you could kill any enemy. Now, if the difference is 2-3 levels, then the battle turns into dull rifts. Now you need to farm, farm, farm to get a level and a new weapon. Bravo! And if you are too lazy, then you can buy in-game items for real money. Can you smell it? It smells like free-2-play game for 60$.
  4. Oct 2, 2018
    It's an OK game but it doesn't really feel like assassin's creed. I mean yes Origin's mechanics are still there but i just can't feel like i'm playing a game from the serie that i've been playing for years. It's more like a spin off game. It's definitely not bad but not really assassin's creed either.
  5. Oct 2, 2018
    It's a shame to say the least the voice acting is bad , animation feels clunky not fluid and lags are seen aswell the story somewhat is lackluster , graphics is pretty much the only strong point of the game that too there are some weird textures but barring some stuff the graphics is pretty good , there are tons of customisation options , although not to forget the Micro transactions thatIt's a shame to say the least the voice acting is bad , animation feels clunky not fluid and lags are seen aswell the story somewhat is lackluster , graphics is pretty much the only strong point of the game that too there are some weird textures but barring some stuff the graphics is pretty good , there are tons of customisation options , although not to forget the Micro transactions that ubisoft has implemented in a SINGLE PLAYER game that is just a shame now in 2018 . Overall this mere attempt at a cash grab and could just a "reskin" of origins that was deemed profitable and was a good game but this doesn't gives a feeling of playing an AC game 5/10 Expand
  6. Jan 11, 2019
    Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a complicated game. It has many things about it that are great. It also has many common problems. This game may be one of my most complicated of all times. I have nearly 60 hours on this game and I can't decide if it is good or bad, so I go with mixed.

This is the first Assassin’s Creed game to be more RPG like, where you choose who you play as, what kind of gear they wear, and what choices they make (some greatly affect the game more than others). It has reduced present day (probably makes up around 35 minutes of screentime for the average player), supernatural and powerful items, clothing and weapons with different abilities and traits and a vast open world with tons of stuff to do. The final part is where the game shines, but also where it is at its most issues.

It starts out mostly good, where you get to choose your character after playing as the legendary Leonidas where you build up your character. Then after some hard choices and three hours of gameplay, you get your ship where you can explore anywhere that is around your level. Then you are sent to a few islands where you have to do a few side quests and more choices. Then go to another land with more side quests and a few story. Then more and more stuff etc. It gets kind of repetitive though still a little fun. Etc. etc. But in the later game, the repetitive stuff feels much less fun and like a total grind. Only when you reach a certain level, does you feel really powerful, like you can defeat all these guys and beat the game! You have three main Odysseys to complete that they put a lot of work into. But after beating all 3 of them, it doesn't feel totally satisfying as it should, but more rewarding than not.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has many strengths and weaknesses. The strengths revolve around its open world, great graphics, character design, etc. The weaknesses are the stuff in it that is just too much and makes the game much more long than it needs to be. The other biggest problem is Microtransactions, which just shouldn't be in any single-player game! Just too much stuff!! (which is funny since many games are too short, this game is too long). I had fun playing this but would prefer less grinding and to return to its roots.
  7. Apr 8, 2019
    As someone whose interest in AC had lapsed some years ago, I was dubious about playing Odyssey, but as a sucker for history, I was pulled in by the ancient Greece setting. Having now spent 100 hours playing the game, I can say that it has been a pleasant surprise and left me looking forward to seeing what future AC installments will offer.

Odyssey is interesting in that it seems to be

Odyssey is interesting in that it seems to be transitioning AC away from being a pure third person action game and into a more RPG focused style of game, with leveling, gearing, and skill progression systems to customise your gameplay experience. its is clear that Ubisoft have taken significant design cues from The Witcher 3 for many of Odyssey's gameplay and narrative elements, so if you enjoyed Witcher 3, Odyssey is likely to scratch the same itch, even if it is not of the same quality as TW3.

On the narrative side, the story is surprisingly engaging and kept me interested throughout the 80hrs I spent on the main campaign. While it is hardly revolutionary in terms of storytelling, it clearly shows that Ubisoft are trying new things by including dual protagonists, dialogue choices, and romance subplots. While it never manages to execute any of these things with the same level of skill as Bioware, CDPR, or Obsidian, it nonetheless shows that the devs are trying to evolve the series to increase player agency, which is a good thing, IMO.

From a value standpoint, AC: Odyssey is an excellent proposition with a lengthy (40+hrs) main campaign, and huge amounts of side content to do, including killing a series of mythical beasts of Greek legend, an arena gladiatorial contest, ship battles, a mercenary system vaguely reminiscent of the Nemesis system in Mordor, as well as other features that would be spoilers. If anything, there is almost too many systems in the game and it might have benefited from having fewer systems with more depth given to the best of those features. In any case, you will not lack for things to do at any stage.

My only real complaints are the technical performance, and the grind walls that you occasionally encounter during the campaign. I experienced frequent fps drops even on the Pro, and a persistent bug that causes the game to lock up for a few seconds every now and then, which may cause you to get killed if it happens in the middle of a battle. Its clear that Odyssey is a very demanding game that pushes even the enhanced consoles to their absolute limit, so i would be cautious about attempting to play it on the base consoles if you are at all sensitive to fps dips.

On the issue of grind walls, be aware that you may find yourself required at times to either stop the main campaign for a time and go and do side quests to level up, or to purchase the XP boost microtransaction item if you just want to play the main story. This will not be an issue if you are a completionist, but it may well annoy some players who want to focus on the main plot.

Overall, AC Odyssey is an extremely enjoyable and ambitious game that brims with content and looks and sounds stunning. While it falters here and there in certain design decisions, it is well worth your time if you are a fan of AC games, action RPGs, and/or open worlds, and you have 50-100 hours to spare.
  8. May 4, 2019
    Where to start... Assassin's Creed: Odyssey's world is both huge and stunning. As something of an Ancient Greece fanatic, exploring this particular universe was extremely rewarding. The vast character customisation, the plethora of NPCs and associated quests combined with the sheer satisfaction of hunting down members of the Cult of Kosmos meant I easily clocked over 100 hours on thisWhere to start... Assassin's Creed: Odyssey's world is both huge and stunning. As something of an Ancient Greece fanatic, exploring this particular universe was extremely rewarding. The vast character customisation, the plethora of NPCs and associated quests combined with the sheer satisfaction of hunting down members of the Cult of Kosmos meant I easily clocked over 100 hours on this game.

However... I found Odyssey to be one of the most frustrating games I've played and by the time I'd completed it, was totally dissatisfied and glad to put the disk back in the box.

Something I noticed almost immediately and which became ever-more apparent as the game progressed was that Odyssey is essentially Assassin's Creed: Origins with an Ancient Greece skin. Sure the combat has evolved and sure the naval aspect has added a new dimension to the game, yet, it really feels as though you're simply playing the same game twice. Origins was groundbreaking when it was released - it totally revamped the AC series - and I absolutely loved it, but this feeling was simply not replicated with Odyssey.

The map is massive and is full of places to explore but after you've visited a few regions, everywhere feels the same. Each region is full of the same mundane locations (camps, fortresses, tombs etc.) and monotonous tasks (fetch this/kill that) to the extent that there is simply no incentive to engage in the game as fully as the beauty of the world deserves. New quests such as the legendary animal fights, mercenaries and the conquest battles are rendered totally pointless as there is simply no need to engage with them - either the rewards are not worth your time or the outcome of the quest has no bearing on the outcome of the game.

In addition to the quests, I found the combat to be extremely repetitive and unengaging. Alexios/Kassandra were super weak, needing only to be hit a few times to die whilst most enemies took forever to kill! Only a few of the abilities are actually useful in open combat and as a result of this, every enemy (including bosses) felt the same and were defeated using the same strategy. All the weapons in their individual classes felt the same (daggers are pathetic, heavy weapons too slow) and the bows in particular were so underwhelming! In Origins, I would take out targets from distance and get one shot kills - shooting a target from distance in Odyssey merely grazes them, thereby alerting nearby enemies and ruining the stealth approach!

The endings to all three story 'chapters' were abysmal. The family story was utterly disappointing, the cult story ending was atrocious and I've no idea how the Atlantis story ends as you have to buy a f****** DLC!!! Such poor endings left a sour taste; a shame considering the amount of hours I put into the game.

A few other minor issues that bothered me:
    - Don't think the rolling animation after jumping/falling ever timed properly/looked smooth;
    - Horse animation was rubbish;
    - Didn't like how you couldn't hide from enemies like you could in earlier releases;
    - I hated how you couldn't see the Adrestia as you were upgrading it - to see what it looked like before/after;
    - The amount of times I entered photo mode during a fight... :@
    - Not being able to kick mercenaries off high levels;
    - After being killed in a mission, more often than not, you'd respawn miles away from where you started it - meaning you'd have to get all the way to the start point again for absolutely no reason!

Finally, a note on performance: this is the only game I've played on PS4 thus far that has crashed, and it did so around seven times during the course of my play-through.

Clearly, a lot of things annoyed me about this game, though this is not to say that I hated it. I loved Odyssey for the first few hours/regions and found the mythical creatures to be a highlight. But the monotony and lack of anything 'new' coupled with the utterly disappointing endings saw me desperate to finish the game, not out of intrigue but so I could be done with it, regrettably. A shame really.
  9. Oct 24, 2018
    Graphics - Good 8/10 ( I play ultra setings)
    Level design - avesome 10/10
    Optimization - normal 7/10 ( I play ultra setings)
    Balance - 5/10 (I play nightmare)
    Storyline - 4/10
    Side quests - 3/10
    Microtransaction -99/10
  10. Nov 23, 2018
    My review score should actually be a 8 or a 6 depending on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for an Assassin's Creed Action Adventure game, I'll put it a 8 or even 8,5. I really like this installment. It is probably my favorite one and the one I played the most I believe. If you are looking for a RPG, I'll rate it a 6. Ubisoft has been selling it as a RPG but it does not

If you are looking for a RPG, I'll rate it a 6. Ubisoft has been selling it as a RPG but it does not deliver on this genre even though the game is definitely better than Origins. It is not enough to have (poor) dialogue choices and levels and XP to state you are a RPG. You do not feel that you are in control of your destiny. Your impact on the world is limited. You can win epic battles! But whether you win or loose these epic battles, it has no more impact than if you kill or not a wild boar in the wilderness... You just get loot. You can side with Athenians or Spartans but it does not matter. Nothing really matters...

I love the idea that AC would turn more into a RPG but then it needs to meet the RPG requirements not just pretend. And AC as a RPG is really far from the best games in this category. But as a typical AC game, action oriented, kudos to the team for delivering a fun and enjoyable game.
  11. Jan 9, 2019
    This game is not totally bad, but it's like a old shadow from a game sieries wich was good.
  12. Nov 4, 2018
    This game is great - for the first 5 hours. Once you leave the starting island of Kephallonia, you're introduced to an open world that absolutely suffocates you with mindless content that you are forced to grind through to progress, including the biggest offender of fetch quest padding I've seen in an RPG. The narrative is completely obliterated by the pacing due to this and in general theThis game is great - for the first 5 hours. Once you leave the starting island of Kephallonia, you're introduced to an open world that absolutely suffocates you with mindless content that you are forced to grind through to progress, including the biggest offender of fetch quest padding I've seen in an RPG. The narrative is completely obliterated by the pacing due to this and in general the lore approach to this game is extremely weird and none of it feels like Assassin's Creed at all. I recommend this game at a very low price, probably under $20 if you want to run around a really gorgeous world and engage with mindless, mediocre content. But it's safe to say this is a very disappointing game and I have no hopes of Assassin's Creed getting any better in the future. What a shame. Collapse
  13. Oct 22, 2018
    Good visuals, adequate combat system and a great representation of Ancient Greece. However, Ubisoft will never learn. While the main plot is decent this time around, the world is full of useless fetch quests and checklists(get this, kill that, clear that fortress etc) and the interesting side quests are very few. The map is too big for its own good. Not only it is filled with the sameGood visuals, adequate combat system and a great representation of Ancient Greece. However, Ubisoft will never learn. While the main plot is decent this time around, the world is full of useless fetch quests and checklists(get this, kill that, clear that fortress etc) and the interesting side quests are very few. The map is too big for its own good. Not only it is filled with the same repetitive activities, but there are reused assets everywhere. See that nice temple over there? Now every temple you'll see for the rest of the game will be the exact same temple. Odyssey clearly favors quantity over quality,

And now to the really bad stuff - grinding and level scaling. Want to follow the main story? You can't because if you are one level below the required level(and believe me you'll be far below the required level if you didn't do any fetch quests) you have no hope to beat the mission because the level scaling is crap, the enemies are health sponges and they can kill you in 1-2 hits even if the level difference is 1-2 levels. The more you level up, the more difficult leveling up gets. If you wanna beat the main story, you gotta GRIND the endless fetch quests, no way around it. If you are one of those guys that likes to spend 100 hours on doing everything even if it's pointless and repetitive, then good for you man, you're gonna enjoy the endless grind. For the rest of us, thanks but no thanks. Let's move on to the microtransactions, shall we?

Microtransactions. The bane of modern gaming. You'll reach a point in Odyssey after 15-20 hours that you realize leveling up takes too much effort, and then, you'll remember that nice EXP booster you saw in the store "50% more exp permanently for 10 bucks". What a freaking deal? amirite? Sure, you don't need to buy it. That's what every fanboy and Ubisoft tells us. And I gotta agree, you don't have to, you can spent dozens of hours doing repetitive tasks and quests instead, so you can finish the main story and be done with the game, while in the same time wondering why you even bought this game in the first place. Did Ubisoft designed the game a certain way making it a bit too grindy as to tempt the players to buy their xp/gold/item packs? or not? I don't know. You don't know. But I gotta ask the question. It doesn't take a genius to realize that maybe that is indeed the case here.

Concluding, I can't give Odyssey higher than a 6. I can't really recommend this game except to those Ancient Greece enthusiasts, because this may be the best visual representation of Ancient Greece in any video game ever. Odyssey was fun the first 15-20 hours, then it got old fast and the grind basically killed the game for me. I believe that is the case for most people who wrote a negative review. I also hate microtransactions because they make me questioning the game design choices the devs made. Was it on purpose designed this way? or coincidence? I can't stop wondering. Anyway, in a 60 dollar game, these practices have no place.
  14. Nov 23, 2018
    It is a good game, and polishes upon what it did in Origins, if this was released when AC4 was released I would give it a 9 or 10, but the series just feels like they are beating a dead horse by now. After completing it I never felt I got a "real" ending. Stories wrap up, but not in ways previous AC games have done. They should just finish the series and do something new with the engine.It is a good game, and polishes upon what it did in Origins, if this was released when AC4 was released I would give it a 9 or 10, but the series just feels like they are beating a dead horse by now. After completing it I never felt I got a "real" ending. Stories wrap up, but not in ways previous AC games have done. They should just finish the series and do something new with the engine.

The side stuff is rather solid, not as tedious as MMORPG stuff, but still a bit repetitive, they do have good introductions. There are more MMORPGish quests you pick up from bulletin boards though, but I managed to max level without doing a lot of these. There are some fun things to do like the mercenary stuff, good semi challenging fights. Some side quests have good storylines, and there are some good "boss" fights in a hunter and another legendary boss type challenge. I platinumed the game.
  15. Feb 18, 2019
    So my history with Assassin's Creed is I've played AC1, AC2, and Black Flag all of which I enjoyed especially Black Flag. I played origins but never really got into the combat or the story and ended up trading it in. When I heard about Odyssey, I was interested due to the setting, but was also unsure If I would enjoy the game due to the combat being similar to Origins. Personally I wasSo my history with Assassin's Creed is I've played AC1, AC2, and Black Flag all of which I enjoyed especially Black Flag. I played origins but never really got into the combat or the story and ended up trading it in. When I heard about Odyssey, I was interested due to the setting, but was also unsure If I would enjoy the game due to the combat being similar to Origins. Personally I was always a fan of the old combat system in the previous games. Unfortunately I was right, and I didn't enjoy the combat through my 300+ hours. I did finish the game and get the platinum trophy but I think that was more the completionist in me than my enjoyment in the game. I'm still not a fan of the combat, it just doesn't feel right to me, the story is alright, nothing really got me on the edge of my seat and there aren't any memorable moments. The only reason I think I did enjoy some of the story is because I'm a big fan of the era, otherwise the story would probably just bore me. The rpg elements are cool and a good turning point for the series but since none of the choices you make have much impact it all feels pointless. The world is huge but never felt lived in or interesting and unfortunately your not an assassin so no hidden blade. I think the game is in that middle ground, it's not bad but it's not great. I've finished the main story and there's nothing I can really say apart from it was alright to my friends. Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2018
    I think it's above average, it's fine maybe good at some times but it has a lot of flaws,

+ Positive things are the graphics some of the story and the stealth options. Graphics have never been better it's among few games of it's type to rival and in some cases out WOW you compared to the Witcher 3 . Story has it's good moments and the stealth options are more versatile compared to AC

+ Positive things are the graphics some of the story and the stealth options.

Graphics have never been better it's among few games of it's type to rival and in some cases out WOW you compared to the Witcher 3 . Story has it's good moments and the stealth options are more versatile compared to AC Origins, But there are a lot of negatives here.

First things you should do if you don't own the top of the line PC is to tone down the Cloud crap as you can't actually see it and even when it's not visible it makes heavy impact on performance, noticeable are poping of objects in scene bcs of some bad LODs and tessellation on some of textures (rocks on stair like vineyards). On ultra btw. Other bad thing here is that AA makes amazing textures blurry and you only have one AA mode.
    As for the story it's way to dragged out by the size of the world , bigger is not better especially when quests and gameplay are so repetitive.
    As for stealth option in it's RPG tree is the weakest of all as your F (assassinate) wont have the dmg to kill most of the things when you go deeper in the game. But detection range and the skills that help work around that are solid thou the last one should just buff the assassinate dmg not only at dark but in general as you need that if you want to play that path. Thou assassins did not exist at that time but you still do dmg with an artifact that should feel powerful in it's own!

Game has issues with grind if you dont keep your bounty between 2-3 and do some side quests you wont be able to progress in the story ! I had no issue like that as i did a lot of them early before i got sick of them.
    Conversation option should not be in the game as it's game about history seams like they tried to pull to much from the Witcher I would be happier with more cut scenes then following the NPC to have one or two meaningless responses.

As for mercenary and naval i know that many say that was fun for them it was not for me they did not offer anything meaningful as a reward.

Another BS is that you have to hunt and gather like insane to upgrade your Legendary gear or it will become obsolete, and ''path'' to assassin dmg buffer one and archery are locked behind lv wall.

All in all solid but lacks a lot IMO smaller world of origins was better and more enjoyable this is a second entry into same style of gameplay they should have made better improvements and not add more unfinished options from other games that made those games great, current score that I see 5.1 is cutting it close to what this game is just above average.
  17. Feb 28, 2019
    Un juego que repite el mismo esquema de principio a fin, sin variación ni evolución alguna. todo el rato es lo mismo. Más del 50% del tiempo de juego es tener al jugador corriendo de un lado a otro para completar las distintas misiones.
  18. Nov 24, 2018
    there is amazing potential in this game. story is nice combat is nice, graphics are very good.

i dont like enemy and weapons levelling up with you, makes it feel like everything you do doesnt really matters. it gets repetetive after a while, why should i invest time in the progression of my character if lv10 feels exactly like lv 50?
  19. Mar 4, 2019
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey the most contradictory game of a series. After Origins from Odyssey at all you wait for nothing new except a setting. Role system forgery. Graphics does not impress any more. The main plot the minimum, minor quests (which in Origins were the best part) became faceless, but them about one hundred now. Finally Odyssey is a second-grade game which wants to seem theAssassin's Creed Odyssey the most contradictory game of a series. After Origins from Odyssey at all you wait for nothing new except a setting. Role system forgery. Graphics does not impress any more. The main plot the minimum, minor quests (which in Origins were the best part) became faceless, but them about one hundred now. Finally Odyssey is a second-grade game which wants to seem the first RPG game in a series, but upon an empty game with the huge card. If to reduce the card by 4 times especially nothing would change. As usual the strength of a game - decorating. All the rest is executed at the average level here. Expand
  20. Mar 4, 2019
    De antemão digo que esse foi o primeiro Assassin que joguei. Muito bom o jogo, cheio de coisas para se fazer, gráficos bonitos... Porém, a cada atualização do game o jogo trava mais.. mais crash e mais tilt.. fora do normal (jogo num ps4 normal)... As missões são muito repetitivas, algumas são longas e entediantes. Por trabalhar com a Grécia mitológica tem pouquíssimos seres mitológicos.De antemão digo que esse foi o primeiro Assassin que joguei. Muito bom o jogo, cheio de coisas para se fazer, gráficos bonitos... Porém, a cada atualização do game o jogo trava mais.. mais crash e mais tilt.. fora do normal (jogo num ps4 normal)... As missões são muito repetitivas, algumas são longas e entediantes. Por trabalhar com a Grécia mitológica tem pouquíssimos seres mitológicos.
  21. Nov 25, 2018
    A fun experience that wanes a bit too quickly. The world is lovingly crafted, but the story/questing is jarring and lazy sometimes, and the levelling/progression mechanics are somewhat mediocre. This would be a good one to grab on sale.
  22. May 1, 2019
    Juego divertido de mundo abierto con cientos de misiones y actividades, la única pega es que quieren seguir sacándote dinero incluso después de pagar 30-60€.

El combate es muy divertido con la variedad de armas, habilidades, municiones, etc. Hay infinidad de armaduras y de categorías (epica, legendaria, etc.) Las misiones secundarias están muy bien, son interesantes y aunque suelen ser algo repetitivas, dado la cantidad que hay, existen muchas que tienen historias originales. La historia principal es interesante pero se desinfla a medida que avanza. El mapa es inmenso y los templos y localizaciones muy detallados.

En general es un gran juego pero buscan alargarlo artificialmente (sin necesitarlo ya que hay contenido de sobra) con barreras de nivel entre misiones consecutivas de la historia principal. Te obligan a farmear y a realizar misiones secundarias, que están muy bien pero si te ves forzado a ello no las disfrutas. El hecho de que existan consumibles, disponibles con dinero real, que eliminan estas barreras con bonus de experiencia es sospechoso cuanto menos.

A comentar también algo bastante relevante y es que los tiempos de carga en PS4 Pro son infinitos de hasta 2 o 3 minutos en algunos casos.

En conclusión es un juego muy recomendable, divertido y con un trabajo artístico tremendo pero que queda manchado por las decisiones de marketing y monetización.

Arte 9, Historia 7, Jugabilidad 8, Monetización 0
  23. Jan 6, 2019
    At first, the game will amaze you with the visual fidelity of everything. The detail is incredible, even the vast world doesn’t lose its beauty, this is a game that if you have a 4K tv with HDR you should at least rent it to see what the visuals can be. With that being said, it is visually appealing but there are issues that will make this game, not for everyone.

The graphics are one

The graphics are one thing but another thing I felt a bit overwhelming was the sheer size of everything. Don’t get me wrong, having a vast open world is nice but here it just felt too big. There is too much to do and while some might consider that a plus, the issue is that the quests that you’re given just don’t feel that different enough. At first, it’s not too bad. It’s simple enough but after about 25 or so hours, it gets really repetitive with the same tasks, the main story missions end up feeling very similar and while there are a few good distractions and some of the side quests, while similar to the main story in term of how they’re put together and the tasks they do but some of them were entertaining.

The gameplay is fun but it gets old, due to the copy and paste nature of the missions. Pretty much it comes down to either, raiding a base, engaging in a skirmish or killing certain targets. There is some flexibility with how things are done and while I get it, it is an Assassin’s Creed game it just felt like there just wasn’t enough variety. The Witcher 3 this is not.

On PS4 pro it played fine, about 30 FPS without any major hiccups that I could see. Looks great in HDR and is truly a game worth getting if you love pretty graphics. On the other hand, there is a bit of loading when you first start the game. Nothing too bad. Less then a minute I think. After that, the game loads pretty briskly, there is brief loading when you talk to an NPC but it’s not a deal breaker at all. Sometimes the game glitches out. Textures won’t load sometimes and there is a bit of pop in. Sometimes the NPC’s you’re supposed to follow just don’t do what they’re supposed to do. That just requires a quick restart of the game. Annoying but not a huge problem.

The main issue is the pacing. The game is just too long for its own good. Realistically, it should’ve ended at the 20-hour mark and then keep it going with side content. The plot just drags on. It starts off fine enough, it’s interesting and until you get to about 20-25 hours in and then it just seems to drag its feet. Don’t get me wrong, it is an interesting story, but the pacing killed it. Throw that in with a lack of variety in the story and you pretty much see everything that there is by about 20 hours in. Another problem is it’s grind heavy. Even with the exp booster microtransaction and playing on Easy mode it becomes a grind fest. To grind the best way is to do side quests but they just become so boring and monotonous you probably won’t want to.

Due to the pacing issues with the main story and the grind-heavy nature of it and that you almost need to purchase a microtransaction just to have an edge in the grinding and even THEN it becomes very grind heavy and too repetitive I couldn’t bring myself to finish it. These things could easily be fixed in an update but right now? I don’t really recommend it. It could’ve been amazing but with some tweaks to the story’s structure, make grinding less of a chore and having more variety, it could’ve easily been one of the best historical RPG’s in recent years.

Is it horrible? No, and it does have an audience. If you tend to like your games to be a bit more structured and like your narratives to not drag on though, it’s not for you.

If you’re the type that only likes to buy a few games a year and wants a game that will last you and don’t mind repetitive missions and content, give it a go. It’ll probably be what you like.

Other than that, I personally didn’t like how much it dragged on, especially after the 20-hour mark.
  24. Nov 21, 2018
    I have to admit, I wasn't exactly blown away by Origins, despite overall enjoying the new direction the series started heading. But I had high hopes for Odyssey because it's for me more relatable setting. It seemed to have all the right ingredients, but the game just didn't click with me. It looks nice, controls are not the best in the series but manageable, but the story just didn't workI have to admit, I wasn't exactly blown away by Origins, despite overall enjoying the new direction the series started heading. But I had high hopes for Odyssey because it's for me more relatable setting. It seemed to have all the right ingredients, but the game just didn't click with me. It looks nice, controls are not the best in the series but manageable, but the story just didn't work with me, the characters were boring, plot uninspiring and to be hones, I couldn't even force myself to finish it. The bland locations, where you go only because it is marker on the map with possible loot and xp which you need both to grind in between story parts to be able to keep up with escalating level of enemies, was just dull and incredible boring. I honestly couldn't squeeze an ounce of joy out of it.
    I might come to it back during Christmas and give it one more try, but after the 40 hours, the game didn't show me anything worth remembering and I have a feeling that after a year or two, I won't recall much more than it was in ancient Greece. And that's coming from a person who's gone through all previous instalments with platinum trophy.
  25. Feb 3, 2019
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  26. Dec 31, 2018
    I love the Assassin's Creed series. Aside from rogue, I've played them all. Although some aspects were frustrating, the story and lore outweighed the wonky controls... Until Odyssey. I'm probably 10 hours in, and my God. What have they done? This game is a CHORE to play. From the idiocy of being able to climb ANYTHING to the somehow being able to kill sharks in the deep with a bow, to theI love the Assassin's Creed series. Aside from rogue, I've played them all. Although some aspects were frustrating, the story and lore outweighed the wonky controls... Until Odyssey. I'm probably 10 hours in, and my God. What have they done? This game is a CHORE to play. From the idiocy of being able to climb ANYTHING to the somehow being able to kill sharks in the deep with a bow, to the control system that feels very close to a button masher, this one is terrible. Then there's the bugs. I play on a ps4 pro. I should not see severe game stuttering. I should not see 30 second load times. The world shouldn't have to rebuild after using Ikaros. I should not have to reboot the game because I can't use the torch anyone for some reason. I don't know what happened, the whole thing feels rushed. I love the graphics, the story, and the way mythology is intertwined. Maybe enough to get through this one. Maybe I'll go back to wishing for more of the game I just put down. 5/10. Expand
  27. Jan 14, 2019
    This is unpolished Origins with bad combat.And the mercenary system is hilarious.In Origins dangerous foes called phylakes could be randomly run into or they would be called when fort alarm is activated and they die when they die.In Odyssey they endlessly respawn and will hunt you down when you are on a toilet on the moon.Cuz they know where you are!!!
  28. Mar 7, 2019
    As a fan of Assassin's Creed, being someone who has played every AC game (but origins), and after spending 100+ hours on this game, I can totally say: DO NOT BUY IT. I'ts terrible, an absolute piece of sh*t. Don't waste your money on Ubisoft anymore because they are laughing at us.
  29. Apr 28, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, firstly: This is an overall okay game with a great world, environments and (except for jittering faces) pristine graphics. But it could've been a LOT better and after 60hrs of play I can't feel but left disappointed by the lazy writing.

Ubisoft, you wasted a lot of potential. You should have decided to either go full AC or keep that stuff out of a historical/mythical RPG. Either way, you would've earned a lot of money. It just doesn't mesh well.

Note: I personally didn't like the "typical" previous AC games but that's just preference.

Let me start off with the positive aspects:

. Like I said, the environment is really stunning. The architecture, towns, landscape. The water animation is the best I've seen in games.
    . The richness and vastness of the world
    . Barnabas, Sokrates, Brasidas, Herodotus and Phoibe and Kassandra are standing out as personalities above all and carry the game experience for me as far as characters go
    . Some of the side quests are actually really interesting, especially the Mykonos storyline!

Now...the negative aspects:

. Above all, the main storyline. You set out to find your family which is interesting enough at the start, but once you find your mother, it's all about Deimos/Alexios. And let me tell you - he is a horribly designed protagonist and incredibly stupid. He is a willing, brainless puppet for the Cult (only talking about being "their strongest champion") and your mother is only concerned about getting him back.
    In the good ending, you do, after he wants to kill you he quickly changes his mind once he sees your spear. W-T-F. Were the creative directors high when they wrote that? This ending actually felt so terrible, overly cheesy, unbelievable and wrong.

. The present day story breaks you out of the immersion at the worst timings, along with a heavily annoying and unlikeable character called Layla and her boring and stiff doctor friend. Ubisoft would've been better off making this a purely historical / mystical game a la Witcher and not lean it on AC. But I guess they didn't have the guts to deviate from their moneymaker.

Once you find your "real father" as Kassandra (never gets explained how he possibly could be your father since he seems to stay in that cave since he found it, plothole alert) and Atlantis, it goes steeply downhill from there...the writing literally couldn't be worse. I was so disappointed from what I've got after I brought the artifacts back.

. The grinding for resources and gold to upgrade your legendary gear constantly is reminding me of the grind of MMOs. I've been playing a lot of RPGs and MMOs as well and this is...just bad.

. The level gap in between main story quests or Cult members literally forces you to do level grinding on the side, and a lot of it. The worst part of this is that it gets super repetitive, not like in the Witcher where side quests were a joy to do - apart from that, the level gaps were not that bad and it felt really fluent in other games. Or you go buy their "micro" transactions (which are super expensive), and even I ended up getting a gold boost because I was getting so annoyed at the constant upgrading costs. I'm okay with micro transactions if a game is great, but the cost along with the grind of resources and level gaps were too much for me to cut Ubisoft some slack.

. The repetitive quests like clearing out forts, clearing bandit camps etc etc. You will get sick of it, believe me. It wouldn't have harmed to put mystical creatures earlier on in the game, since that was honestly the most fun and challenging part! (Sphinx & Co.)

. You could make choices, but it didn't really seem to have a big impact overall. There was no way of really shaping your surroundings. There was a lot of violence in game - yet all romances were pretty boring and censored. The one on Mykonos was great as a story, but after you left and came back it was like nothing happened.

So overall a 6.5, I just can't give in between ratings.
    This could've been an EPIC game with more effort; better writing and storytelling, more variety in combat/enemies, more characters that leave an impression (and a more likeable Layla if you want to keep her so bad), less of the present day nonsense - and cutting out a lot of the grinding and filler content. Shorter but sweeter is most of the time better.
  30. Oct 14, 2018
    It's Origins in looks but that is literally it. The game is gorgeous, but that is it. It's broken like Unity, combat is super boring and sloppy. This game isn't AC, Ubisoft wanted a new IP, but has invested waaaaaaaaaay too much time into this series to do that, so they called it Assassins Creed: Odyssey. It's a messy choose your own adventure game that has almost nothing to do with theIt's Origins in looks but that is literally it. The game is gorgeous, but that is it. It's broken like Unity, combat is super boring and sloppy. This game isn't AC, Ubisoft wanted a new IP, but has invested waaaaaaaaaay too much time into this series to do that, so they called it Assassins Creed: Odyssey. It's a messy choose your own adventure game that has almost nothing to do with the series, it even predates Origins. I can't say enough about how it's like Ubisoft doesn't know what they want the game to be, but sold us this anyway. The micro transactions are cancer, like the XP boost that makes it to where you don't have to do every awful side mission. They knew it was so bad, they stuck that in there to get more money from us as it takes way too long to finish on it's own. Do not buy this game. Expand
  31. Oct 3, 2018
    Although the game can be fun at times, especially when fighting multiple bounty hunters, raiding camps and big battles, the story is full of inconsistencies which is not helped by the abysmal voice acting of the protagonists and mediocre and sometimes exaggerated animations.
    By a simple comparison, this game makes Unity look like a million bucks.
    I would recommend waiting for a sale on this one.
  32. Oct 16, 2018
    Before I make my review I want to make clear that I am an Assassins Creed hardcore fan. I own all the books, statues, games etc. I love Assassins Creed it is my favorite series of all time. Now to the review.
    This game is not Assassins Creed, not in the terms we have come to expect. It instead seems to focus on a piece of Eden "very powerful weapon/tool" in the Assassins Creed universe, but makes no mention of Assassins or Templars. The series seems to be stepping more and more away from the genre that made it successful and into a full on RPG, which is fine. Except in order to make an RPG successful you need a great leveling system and an amazing story. Only problem is that every quest in the game is the same. Go to X and kill Y soldiers or go to Y and get X loot. It is repetitive to the extreme. The story is small and seems distant to all the repetitive quests. This game goes back to what made Black Flag so successful and that is the open seas and sea battles. That again seems distant and forced as it seems 90% of quests and story is on the main land.
    Do not get me started on the micro transactions. I spent $140 on the ultimate edition but am still trying to figure out what that bought me aside from the base game and some gear that is level 1 and is to expensive to upgrade unless you use real money to buy crafting materials. I have spent an additional $70 on maps, and boosters. Things that should have come with that $140 ultimate edition. Yes boosters are required in this game unless you want to spend hours getting one level past 25. Some people might say but leveling is part of an RPG. True it is... but not like this.

This game is just Origins with a new coat of paint, but terrible story.

This is the worst Assassins Creed game I have ever played and it hurts me to say that about my beloved series. The only reason it gets a 5 is because of the name Assassins Creed.
  33. Oct 4, 2018
    Pure disappointment especially the overpriced “Gold Edition” where you don’t get anything extra beyond the mission and early access, of which you have to accept the contract of “no return” before purchase. They covered their butts on that one. This title isn’t as detailed or anywhere near anything to do with Assassins creed beyond the play style and the artifact that is a pyramid and notPure disappointment especially the overpriced “Gold Edition” where you don’t get anything extra beyond the mission and early access, of which you have to accept the contract of “no return” before purchase. They covered their butts on that one. This title isn’t as detailed or anywhere near anything to do with Assassins creed beyond the play style and the artifact that is a pyramid and not an apple. Other than that you’re playing a AC version of the Witcher which has been described many times in other reviews. The skill system and quest system are severely lacking and overplayed. They make you now seek out your quest location on the map giving vague details to extend playtime because of you were guided you would finish in no time. Story is ok, cutscenes lack a bit and the graphics aren’t as great as you would expect. I’m playing the PC on dual1080ti at 4K 60FPS and it’s not like you would imagine it should be. The story is totally out of sync with history using women in battle and half of the mercenary that come for you are women. Umm in Ancient Greece and Rome women did not go to battle, they aren’t allowed even in the camp! How they came to this realization is beyond me and it’s quite annoying how bad Ubisoft has gone off the rails with this story. This editions feels like it’s a fast release to boost profit overlaying the Origins engine and tossing together quick missions that aren’t detailed and lackluster unlike Origins which had huge detailed side missions and took you places keeping you into the story. It’s just a grind fest for levels. Kill this animal bring back the pelts, get this herb bring it back to help. The one thing of note they introduced was tha ability to win over the NPC so you can take them to bed and have sex. Both Hetro and Homosexual encounters are featured depending how you wish to play. Beyond that they took the open map, shrunk it down and added tons of mountains to make it feel big but bottom line is it’s small really. Distances compared to origins are 1/4 from place to place versus ACO. So many other touch points I could go into. This game is a letdown as I feared it would be and I wish I wouldn’t ha r paid the $99.99 to play early. Would have waited had it not been overhyped all year. Ubisoft did it again and I predicted they would. They overplayed their hand and totally went off course from the creeds core story. It’s honestky got nothing to do with it. This is a story of a man who was cast out and now you’re on a mission to find out your lineage and get revenge. Beyond that this isn’t your regular Assasisins Creed. My advice, wait for a sale. Expand
  34. Oct 21, 2018
    Boring blockbuster without a soul with repetitive missions and unengagingstory. The game from technical point is well crafted but well it is "craftsmanship" and not "art".
  35. Oct 7, 2018
    Have you ever played a game and you have to question the choices the developers had to make in the development stage to get release product?
    The basic are, you're playing a character who is of Spartan decent. The game is centered around the Peloponnesian war; you know! the one with Hoplites, Spartans, Athenians, a few Persians, and a lot of SHIELD wall. The first thing that comes to mind is why the decided to remove shields from the game? The beginning of the game is pretty much the copy of the movie 300; a bunch of naked guys in spears and shields fighting on the Persian. As soon as the cutscene end, you start playing and your shield is gone? Why? why make the setting about Spartan, Shield wall if you remove that option for the player. Isn't that weird?

You may think I'm petty, but I'm not. There is a reason why i bring up the shield issue first. So let start with the review. this game is badly optimized. I have a GTX1070, SSD, i5-8600, and 16 gb Ram. I get about 30-35 FPS (with occasional dips) playing at 1440p. The game has a big big problem with reloading if you die. If my character dies, I basically have to restart the game. I don't understand! It's the same engine with a few tweaks like previous game but it runs much worse

The combat is weird. The previous title Assassin's Creed Origins (hence forth ACO), had shield, 2 handed weapons, dual wield dagger, swords, a few other weapons. Why does this game remove shield? Why does it remove 2 handed items? Why does this game standardize the weapon type and damage? A level 15 axe does the same damage as a lvl 15 dagger, spear, mace? There is no difference in damage, just the look of the combo. The previous game had more depth, even if it was a little. The game has another issues with hot boxes, you will have plenty of moment where you weapon is hitting an enemy, but it's not registering. There is NO block, you are expect to dodge, or parry. For the most part, you will be dodging backwards and doing a few hits; you will repeat this for the majority of the game. Why do you ask? Mostly because the enemy type don't change. When you have a simple combat as this game, you need to introduce enemies that fight differently, that require different approaches. Instead, even on the hardest difficulty, you will be doing the same 3 things in battle

The story is...bland. It feels like the game a distant cousin of fallout series; horrible; bland, no emotions....BORING.

The side contest is good; it's rivaling games like Witcher 3 but still need some work.

Ultimately, the game feels grindy because they added level scaling, then made it very annoying to get certain upgrades without buying (with real money). You will never feel like you're strong because of the enemy leveling scaling. It feels like Ubisoft doesn't know what they want their game to be; they are clearing adding elements from other games, God of War 4, Witcher 3, previous games AC games. By doing this, they are adding element that don't quite work together.

You can't have a game with so many weapon type but refusing you add some kind of niche to each use. They all feel the same. These types of stuff are all around the game; they drag it down. This game had the potential to be

if you're itching to playing a game like this, i recommend playing Witcher 3. If you haven't played it, it's far superior in many ways. Otherwise, buy yourself the ACO or wait for this game to go on scale. At it's current state, it's a bad game, It's very shameful to see reviewers give this game a 9 and not even mention any problems with the game
  36. Oct 25, 2018
    I don't know why, but AC Oyssey doesn't suck me in the way Origins did. Half the time I'm playing the game I don't really enjoy it. Bigger surely isn't better. It's extremely repetitive after a while, unlocking the locations and doing the sidequests. And you can't exactly be like "Well, I don't feel like doing sidequests right now, I'll just focus on the main storyline" cuz your level willI don't know why, but AC Oyssey doesn't suck me in the way Origins did. Half the time I'm playing the game I don't really enjoy it. Bigger surely isn't better. It's extremely repetitive after a while, unlocking the locations and doing the sidequests. And you can't exactly be like "Well, I don't feel like doing sidequests right now, I'll just focus on the main storyline" cuz your level will be too low. Of course, there is a way around this for 20 bucks which is an insult really. It also makes the replay value very low (in case you want to play with both characters) because it means you'll be forced to do all the sidequests all over again to keep your lvl up to par. I for one do not want to pay an extra 20 bucks. I am rather pissed off about this but what to do about it.

Now, if the game was flawless I might enjoy it more. It's not. Immersion is kinda ruined rather often when you can't run up a staircase and you have to move like an inch to the right, when while running around in the world you suddenly freeze cuz the world has to load, when you shoot an arrow at someone and miss cuz the npc is bugged into a location and warps away when you should've hit him thus alarming half the camp. Once I had an enemy duplicate himself when I struck him. Climbing onto stuff doesn't work rather often. (again, moving to the left or right by an inch or two fixes it, but it's annoying) It's also annoying a bit to me that characters level up with you. If I have to quickly do something in an old area, it's not really quickly. I don't really understand why they removed the option to level up enemies like Origins had.

Yeah, the world is big, but because of it it gets old fast. I don't see myself actually finishing this game, it's become a drag to play it, not a joy. If you like to grind and just explore get it, otherwise, stick with Origins.
  37. Nov 9, 2018
    5 because it is a good game and -5 because it has a lot of bugs and microtransactions. Its made by bugisoft so that was expected.
  38. Oct 12, 2018
    It's hard to believe the devs didn't see how grindy the game is. It's one of the most grindy experiences I have ever played. And it's a shame because the world and the technical aspect are all triple A stuff.

Enemies are tanky. Why does a boar mini boss need over 100 hits to drop? Why does a captain need over 25 hits? The leveling system ruins the game. It makes it grindy, it makes

The leveling system ruins the game. It makes it grindy, it makes the enemies tanky and it makes the game boring to play.

A game this huge shouldn't be this grindy. It should be the exact opposite. Did they actually do this in order to sell xp boosters? If so, they ruined their own game.
  39. Oct 2, 2018
    I've played up to level 3. It's almost exactly like Origins so far. Same houses, landscapes. Same type of missions. Same fighting style. Same leveling system. Haven't gotten to ships yet- hoping that's something different. So far, not impressed. Will update as I get further into the game. Not really an RPG.
  40. Oct 9, 2018
    Это не Асасин,это ведьмак не минималках. Игра очень дерганная,не плавная и графон такой себе(поэтому такая оценка)
  41. Oct 27, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Quantity does not beat quality, and in modern gaming striking the balance with both is essential. In a nutshell that is why AC Odyssey isn't that great. It is all quantity and average quality. Okay, let's dig in.

Where this game excels: combat design (not execution, IMPORTANT), music (when it doesn't cut out), environment, and minimal intrusion from the boring Animus subplot. I absolutely love Origins but the combat was the worst part of the game. Here they improved it and the "class" trees are great. I like the ship combat but it gets repetitive, but it doesn't bug me like it does most people. Customizing ships was cool.

They did an amazing job with ancient Greece. The music is superb, but it cuts out suddenly a lot. Way to drop the ball there Ubisoft.

Where AC Odyssey showed signs of promise but fell short a bit: decision-making. Some decisions have lasting consequences, even decisions I thought weren't a huge deal. Other times you still have that illusion of choice, and you hope something ends up mattering but it does not. I wish it were more obvious which decisions could impact the future and which decisions are just fluff. Games do this. It's important.

Where the game failed: BUGS, facial animations, BUGS, voice acting, BUGS, storytelling, oh did I mention BUGS? The bugs in this game are a disgrace. Why was this rushed to market in a year when it clearly needed a few more months of polish? I would be almost through a massive fort and some graphical glitch freezes my screen and drops the framerate to literally 1-2 fps. Game crashes, progress lost. WOW, HOW FUN THANKS UBISOFT

Sometimes headshots will not register at all. The arrow won't even hit the target, despite them standing completely still. Abilities use adrenaline but aren't even performed. There is lag in the parrying mechanic, which is just pure dog doodie all the way.

Riding a horse is once again clunky and I find myself running a long distance just so I don't have to put up with it. Why can't games do horse-riding well? Cot dayum...even The Witcher 3 failed on this level.

The autosave system is utter trash, completely useless. The only reliable autosave is after a sync point or finishing a quest. Anything else is random. It forces you to manually save all the time. What is the point? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

The facial animations are cringe-worthy and lines are so overused. Every. last. one. All in a day's work! Repeat this with literally endless quests. How immersive. Alexios' voice actor does not deserve another job in the industry, that was just awful. Did he phone it in? Bayek was fantastic. What a decline in quality.

The story was contrived and boring. Let's pick the chosen one trope but have you be the not-chosen who hunts down your chosen one sibling and cures their hubris with love! What a tear jerker...*faaaart* Miss me with this half-baked garbage Ubisoft, do better.

It's fun to explore ancient Greece, and the world is massive. Sokrates is hilarious. Most of the philosophers actually were pretty cool, but that shouldn't be the high point of the game (and it was).
  42. Oct 30, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like the game, but I think that the stealth not being a part of ASSASSIN's Creed, you know a game about assassins who sneak up on their prey and kill them quietly is kinda sad, but I do like the theme of Ancient Greece, though I wish it didn't become more the Witcher 3 in terms of mythology and RPG like level system, before, you saw a tough enemy? Fine just come up with a tactic and attack him, now everything's about levels. The animations unfortunately like most games nowadays are pretty horrendous, but overall it's a good game but not really an Assassin's Creed game Expand
  43. Oct 8, 2018
    I haven't played the Assassins Creed series since Syndicate, and before that it was Brotherhood. So I've missed a few key entries.

The easiest way to describe it is the lovechild of Witcher 3 and Shadow of War, skinned in Ancient Greece. Nothing more nothing less. The Witcher 3 Parts. The movement, boats, horses, and even the World map and its icons looks and feels a lot like

The Witcher 3 Parts.
    The movement, boats, horses, and even the World map and its icons looks and feels a lot like Witcher 3. which sadly Witcher 3 did successfully back in 2015. The only thing that Odyssey did better on that was having one BIG world map instead of separate loading zones and 2018 visuals to suit.

The Shadow of War Parts.
    It has basically cloned the nemesis system from Shadow of War, without the actual nemesis. You have the strongholds, captains, recruits etc. Some of the character abilities, the teleport spear for example shows even more why its a clone.

The Good
    it has chosen 2 very great games (especially Witcher) to clone, making it a perfect marriage of them. If you like them , you like this. Simple.

The Neutral
    Don't expect an Assassins Creed game....The Stealth gameplay is watered down to favour the greater combat approach. Some may like this, may not, it adds more depth to the game overall. But don't expect to have that classic Stealth experience.

its an RPG. something I personally liked, having more customisation and loot. But it feels shallow at times. Not as in depth as typical RPG'S on the loot front. I feel in the effort to become a fully fledged RPG and balanced the games, Ranged, Stealth and Combat play styles its become a sort of "Jack of all trades, master of none" game.

The Bad
    its lost its uniqueness and originality of being an Assassins Creed game, It should of been it's own standalone Ubisoft IP.

Overall 7/10
    As a video game its great, lots to see and do, and very pretty albeit a bit buggy in places (which could just be launch issues that will be fixed). But sadly it lacks what it was meant to be an assassins creed game.
  44. Oct 10, 2018
    I feel we must respect the many accomplishments of the developers, there is truly a lot of excellent ideas packed into this game, like a greatest hits of assassins creed and generic RPG games. Yet, there are enough graphical glitches that I am annoyed every few minutes and the story itself, both pacing and content, are just well enough but nothing great. Other big issues are the obviousI feel we must respect the many accomplishments of the developers, there is truly a lot of excellent ideas packed into this game, like a greatest hits of assassins creed and generic RPG games. Yet, there are enough graphical glitches that I am annoyed every few minutes and the story itself, both pacing and content, are just well enough but nothing great. Other big issues are the obvious design for micro-transactions and arguable overarching game play that is meant to suck you into stupid **** rather than enjoy an immense and valuable narrative experience. Also, stupid sexual relationship that serve no purpose.

Simply, the game is good, but not great. You wouldn't miss out too much if you passed it up. Cool though, fun time.
  45. Oct 26, 2018
    Сперва необходимо сказать, что игра намного лучше прошлогодней части, чувствуется что над ней работали, определенно есть прогресс

Сюжет. Он есть, все такой же банальный и клишированный. Сказать про него особо нечего, ничем не запоминается. Графика хороша во всех смыслах Герои не очень, вывозят в основном исторические персонажи (Геродот, Перикл и пр.) Прекрасно проработанная Древняя

Сюжет.
    Графика хороша во всех смыслах
    Прекрасно проработанная Древняя Греция, просто высшая похвала
    Боевку даже улучшили, теперь она даже неплоха (похожа на брата-дебила дарк соулс)
    Квесты.
    Стоят отдельного упоминания сюжетные квесты, которые обычно превышают текущий уровень игрока на 3-5 лвлов. А если не хочешь делать побочки, которые тут НЕВЕРОЯТНО плохие (пойди, убей, принеси и.т.д.), так есть раздел во внутриигровом магазине под названием "Экономия времени". Там есть не только бусты для прокачки но и ресурсы, которые надо гриндить. Это вопиющий момент и за это определенно дизлайк юбисофт ! Донат в одиночной игре лично я лет 5 даже представить не мог, а теперь нам подают это как нечто нормальное, я должен ЭКОНОМИТЬ ВРЕМЯ в игре за которую я отдал и так полный ценник и в которой я хочу получить удовольствие от игрового процесса. Если бы не данный факт и намеренно затянутая прокачка, расчитаная на донатный буст поставил бы игре 8-8.5.
  46. Dec 13, 2018
    After being a longtime fan of the series i skipped Origins but decided to try this one, i was disappointed to say the least. This is not an Assassins Creed game, their poor attempt to crowbar RPG mechanics into the series has turned it into a confused mess, The earlier games in the series were about carefully stalking your way around an area picking off enemies one by one planning yourAfter being a longtime fan of the series i skipped Origins but decided to try this one, i was disappointed to say the least. This is not an Assassins Creed game, their poor attempt to crowbar RPG mechanics into the series has turned it into a confused mess, The earlier games in the series were about carefully stalking your way around an area picking off enemies one by one planning your next move, the majority of enemies in this have too much health to allow you to assassinate them in one blow, turning the game into a simple hack and slash at best. Long gone are the glory days of Black Flag. Expand
  47. Oct 4, 2018
    Марио, мы всё проее!!!

Марио, мы всё проее!!!

В чём главное отличие Одиссеи нового ассасина от прошлогоднего странствия Марио? Тут решает не скилл. Что их больше всего роднит? И та и другая являются каллоборациями своих линеек с маленьким вкраплением, на котором базируется весь внутриигровой контент в рамках своих реалий, а следовательно ругать ACO так же как и хвалить попусту не за что. Да можно поёрничать, сказав: игра непростительно долго грузится на первых ревизиях консолей, что SONY, что MICROSOFT, - однако! Это беда железок производителя, а не создателей игры. Решающим фактором для покупки будет являться сеттинг, как и во всех играх этой линейки, начиная с Black Flag. Попрошу заметить, что уже пять лет мы не видим номерную часть серии и от того требовать от очередного спин-офф'а прыгать выше головы - смешно. Вектор развития был задан ещё с "синдиката" и сейчас возможно достиг своего пика. Говорить: "Это не кредо убийцы", - глупо, ведь игрокам предлагают не выращивать цветы, а именно что убивать героем со своим кодексом чести.
  48. Oct 7, 2018
    Well,it's like a skyrim assassin's creed. The story and characters are weaker than origins in my opinion. But the combat and game world is much better. The skill system make combat so much fun to mess around. The game has a bit to much loading, you even need to load when you quit using eagle view. The dialogue system is fun and awesome. Some decision really feels matter. The boat combatWell,it's like a skyrim assassin's creed. The story and characters are weaker than origins in my opinion. But the combat and game world is much better. The skill system make combat so much fun to mess around. The game has a bit to much loading, you even need to load when you quit using eagle view. The dialogue system is fun and awesome. Some decision really feels matter. The boat combat is back, I think it's not as fun as AC4, but it's still fun. Overall the game have some issues and cons hold the game back from being an amazing game. Expand
  49. Nov 23, 2018
    AC:Odyssey is boring and the more it tries to be a jack of all trades, the more it becomes clear that it's a master of none. I can't play this game for more than an hour because gameplay and quest design feels like a monotonous chore and the cut scenes and story are boring and uninspired.
  50. Oct 16, 2018
    The fun of this game basically hinges on whether or not you’ve played Origins.

Disclaimer: I loved Origins, and I loved Black flag. I played the **** out of both of those. I played Odyssey for 20 hours before returning it to GameFly. Odyssey is a mix of the two, but made by a different studio. So it does feel subtly different. There is a massive load of activities to do, but they do
    The fun of this game basically hinges on whether or not you’ve played Origins.

Odyssey is a mix of the two, but made by a different studio. So it does feel subtly different. There is a massive load of activities to do, but they do feel a bit grindy, ESPECIALLY if you played Origins. If you did, this is so much more of the same as to feel redundant and kind of like a burdensome chore. If you didn’t, you’re in for a treat! Between the similar activities across both Origins & Odyssey, I’d say there’s about 50 hours of super fun immersion before it starts to feel repetitive. I played Origins for 80 hours, and only started to get that feeling around hour 65.

Opinion on changes to Fighting:
    I don’t like how they switched the fighting to a more “dance-like” Witcher style, and the weapon ability wheel is a step back. Origins had cooler abilities that felt less gimmicky (no superhuman flashy color magic abilities). The main point of contention for me, is that I loved the cursed weapons in Origins. These allowed you to take 3x damage, but also deal 3x damage. So you could in essence play Origins ultra realistically, like Dark Souls, killing guys with a few hits of only super cool finishers, but still had to be sneaky and calculated. Odyssey is the opposite— enemies have huge health pools, and you get into pretty long fights spamming abilities and waiting for their cool downs. It’s a big step in the wrong direction for me personally, I’m all about realistic challenge (as a proxy I’m a huge fan of Nioh, Dark Souls, and The Last of Us on Survivor difficulty).

Note on Grindiness:
    Some people say this game is much better if you pay for the XP boost, because if not you spend the majority of your time on the smaller side activities trying to level up. Origins was the opposite, more like the Witcher where it was easy to skip a lot of side content that might have been fun. I played all the Origins side content, taking the story super slow on purpose, and loved every bit. So I personally think you'd have fun without the XP boost, unless you did tons of similar side content already in Origins.

Verdict:
    If you played Origins, you might want to rent this first or just pass. If you didn’t, and liked the Witcher 3, you’ll love this.
  51. Oct 15, 2018
    This is not assassins creed!!! It is horrible to see how a stealth adventure has gone on to become a openworld gdr. Despite this the graphics remain superb as well as the suggestion linked to the historical period. The fights seem more fluid than ac origins but still have shortcomings. High level sound and infinite longevity.
  52. Dec 11, 2018
    Visually and in terms of lore it deserves a 9/10. Combat-wise and controls it's up there as well.
    The problem is no matter how big the world is...your doing the same thing over and over....and over...
    Seriously... Go to this camp kill everybody. Ok Loot this. Go back for reward. Ok, now I want you to take a boat for 15 mins to another camp and kill everybody.... Rinse and repeat garbage!

P.S Witcher 3 is garbage as well. If you are complaining about doing chores in Odyssey(like I am)...wtf do you think you were doing in Witcher 3??? This generation of youngsters are incredibly low IQ. You must really be a sucker for graphics....Blows my mind!!! This open world standard needs to be killed AND KILLED NOW!!!

If you played Shadow of Mordor and done fetch quests in Witcher 3, you've already played this game. It's not a horrible game but it's mediocre(with excellent graphics).
  53. Nov 16, 2018
    кркыеркепыатьакеыьокепаьпаытоапыьпатьыпаьаыеньтпныакетьпнатьпныаеьтыкенпакре
  54. Nov 23, 2018
    Прошел игру. Сюжет, просто потрясен (особенно главный сюжетный поворот), дай бог чтобы подобные сюжеты были в следующих частях. Что не понравилось так это наличие циклопов, минотавров и остальной шилупони, как мне кажется лучше бы было если бы они оставались на уровне мифов ну или хотя-бы объяснялось что к чему и откуда они появились. Также не понравилось отсутствие ассасинов, нуПрошел игру. Сюжет, просто потрясен (особенно главный сюжетный поворот), дай бог чтобы подобные сюжеты были в следующих частях. Что не понравилось так это наличие циклопов, минотавров и остальной шилупони, как мне кажется лучше бы было если бы они оставались на уровне мифов ну или хотя-бы объяснялось что к чему и откуда они появились. Также не понравилось отсутствие ассасинов, ну собственно хрен с ними не первый раз играю в эту серию, фанатов понять можно истосковались бедолаги по белым капюшонам вот и минусуют на метакритике .
    На счет гринда.....он мне нравится.
    Да я из тех извращенцев которые любят закрывать обсолютно все знаки вопросов на карте.
    Я из тех людей что выполняют абсолютно все квесты .
    Я из тех людей что в в серии игр Batman нашел все вопросики Загадочника. Так что на микротранзакции внимания я никого не обращал Игра на твердую 4 с минусом.
  55. May 29, 2019
    A buggy, yet fun game. Currently I deal with situations where the game begins to drop to 2 frames a second, and skips through combat. This makes the game unplayable, but other than that, It is an enjoying game to play when it works.
  56. Mar 7, 2019
    +Fantastic visuals
    +Impressive cut scene animations
    +Decent soundtrack +Story is interesting -Core game structure completely disrespects the players time -Far too much unnecessary bloat outside of core missions -90% of the quest structure is fetch quests -Gameplay flow suffers from having an over-sized map I really wanted to enjoy playing this more than I ended up doing.... If
    +Fantastic visuals
    +Impressive cut scene animations
    +Decent soundtrack
    +Story is interesting
    -Core game structure completely disrespects the players time
    -Far too much unnecessary bloat outside of core missions
    -90% of the quest structure is fetch quests
    -Gameplay flow suffers from having an over-sized map

I really wanted to enjoy playing this more than I ended up doing.... If ubisoft could have only trimmed off the unnecessary bloat, there would be a decent game to be found. Instead its all level gated away and spread oh-so-thinly over a vastly over-sized map filled with unnecessary fetch bloat.

If the idea of spending 60+ hours in a game is not for you I recommend you save your time by skipping this and buying something else. Also AC origins achieves much of what this title seeks to at a FAR better level of quality with more respect for the players time (also is cheaper!).
  57. Apr 6, 2019
    I don't know how this game has enjoyed so much praise. It feels nothing like Assassin's Creed, for one. More like The Witcher 3: Greek Edition, except it's made by Disney, and it sucks. I say Disney because they throw historical accuracy and logic out the window in their quest to be inclusive. Whereas previous Assassin's Creed games have been slightly historically accurate, this gameI don't know how this game has enjoyed so much praise. It feels nothing like Assassin's Creed, for one. More like The Witcher 3: Greek Edition, except it's made by Disney, and it sucks. I say Disney because they throw historical accuracy and logic out the window in their quest to be inclusive. Whereas previous Assassin's Creed games have been slightly historically accurate, this game does not give a crap about how things actually were back then, which is immediately apparent when at the start of the game you're given the choice of playing a female warrior. Yeah, right.

The unfortunate thing about this is Kassandra is voiced better than Alexios, whose acting is just terrible, so if you want the best experience you're going to have to choose the female. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with all the historical inaccuracies if the game were actually fun. It's not. It's an exhaustingly giant world full of boring things to do, dotted with quests that give you the illusion of choice, and bad level scaling that makes you feel like everything you're doing is pointless. Just hit level 16? Great! So did all your enemies. Don't you feel so accomplished?

And then there's the animations, which are horrendous. Your attacks don't feel like they really connect, for one, and the kill animations are the worst of the series. Can't tell you how many times I laughed at the awful physics as bodies bounced off the floor during an assassination, or my spear didn't actually connect with a body during an impalement. There is nothing satisfying about the combat, and you'll do a ton of it.

Also, there's no longer any thought to climbing, and you can climb any surface regardless of whether or not there's something to grab onto. Previous games would make buildings little mini challenges as you tried to figure out the best way to scale them. Now, you just point forward and shoot to the top like a god. There is no sense of believability at all. You are Spider-Man.

I could go on and on. It's funny how this game was created by the same team as Syndicate, because that was my least favorite in the series up until now. I guess people in search of burning 100 hours of their life in the most mundane way possible will enjoy this, but I'd rather play The Witcher 3 again and enjoy actual quality content where choices matter and my immersion isn't destroyed every 5 seconds.
  58. Apr 10, 2019
    nice details and nice music... Also great graphics but game-play is always repeating itself.
    Although gameplay is almost same with AC: origins, unfortunately origins is really better than this game.
  59. Jun 26, 2019
    They didn't learn from the mistakes that they made in Origins. As in Origins, the best of this game is the Greek atmosphere. What I enjoyed the most were the first 12 hours. What i didn't like is that you have to do sidequests to raise your level and you need to do this to complete the main missions. My advice is that you do only the sidequests that appear in the map with this sign: (!). AThey didn't learn from the mistakes that they made in Origins. As in Origins, the best of this game is the Greek atmosphere. What I enjoyed the most were the first 12 hours. What i didn't like is that you have to do sidequests to raise your level and you need to do this to complete the main missions. My advice is that you do only the sidequests that appear in the map with this sign: (!). A part this game doesn't feel like the first Assassin's creed and the plot, well, no comments, and the same with the ending. It took me almost 57 hours. As I said, if you can borrow this game from a friend or from a store I'd do that instead of buying it because is not worthy. If you play 12 hours you'll have more than enough. Expand
  60. Jun 17, 2019
    Amazing graphics, rly bad fighting that is repetative, skill is tree is just ok. Story is **** ending is **** ****
  61. Jun 3, 2019
    Not bad actually, thumbs up and keep improving. Can't wait for a new "sequel".
  62. Dec 6, 2018
    Ya no es un Assassins creed el juego no es malo pero ya perdió la esencia ademas de ser un reciclado de su antecesor
  63. Nov 16, 2018
    Como sempre a Bugsoft entrega um jogo com varios bugs ... comigo acontecendo varias vezes, acontecendo ate que no meio da jogatina o jogo fechar!.
    Bem a historia é muito boa, porem se torna massante ao ponto que você tem que interromper o desenrolar da historia para fazer outras missões que não acrescentam em nada a historia principal para poder ficar mais forte e conseguir passar daquele ponto. A Jogabilidade e razoável, porem varias vezes me achei jogando spiderman/The witcher... Os graficos são bonitos mas não se comparam a outros jogos lançados este ano e ate outros de anos anteriores, falham em determinadas e durante a jogatine surgiram varios gargalos deixando o jogo lento. O Loading é absurdo dando sono ter que esperar carregar. Joguei alguns jogos que me fizeram passar raiva e mesmo assim terminei, este alem de me deixar com raiva em sua jogabilidade me fez ficar entediado e cansado, por isso apos 38h de jogatina deixei de lado e vamos ver se um dia termino se não tiver algo melhor a se jogar.
  64. Oct 24, 2018
    It is a great game, if it weren't an Assassin's Creed game I'd give it a 10, my problem with this is the same problem I had with black flag...it doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game, Blag Flag was a Pirate game with Assassin's tossed into the title and this is a Spartan RPG with Assassin's Creed in the title.

EDIT: I've gotten about 27/28 hours in and I'm bored of this game,

EDIT:

I've gotten about 27/28 hours in and I'm bored of this game, It's still fun but it's obviously tailored to use Micro-transactions or else face an endless grind to make the level requirement for the mission. I hope the next game returns to the old style of games

Those giving this game a 0 shouldn't be allowed to share their opinion since they have no idea what a real 0 game is...
  65. Apr 24, 2019
    This is basically a re-skin of Origins. All the mechanics, gameplay, graphics, side quest functionality, weapon-system. You name it, ALL of it is Origins 2.0. Just a new map, storyline and crappy voice acting. (my god the voice acting is annoying)
    Sports a gigantic map and tons of grinding to boot. The END.
    I mean the map is MASSIVE. Its so much sidequests and stuff to explore it makes
    Sports a gigantic map and tons of grinding to boot. The END.
    I mean the map is MASSIVE. Its so much sidequests and stuff to explore it makes Skyrim a kiddie sandbox in comparison. Still, Skyrim was more varied missions. You face plenty of the "run-from-a-to-b fillers in Odyssey.
    The main story line is quite a few hours. If you wish to complete all sides, and activities, you lookin at 150 hours.
    The story is a bit boring. I ended up skipping cutscenes. I stayed for the scenery.

If you recall in Origins, you hunted down some bad ass mercenarys to kill. They have changed and scaled up this time around. Many more dudes to slay.

You also get to start on a huge side-quest later where you are to hunt down 30ish members of a cult. But first you have to find clues to reveal who they are behind their masks. When you have done that you can set out to take them down. This is a heavy and time consuming quest. Prepare.

This game is basically a game to play when you are bored to **** by everything else. It does not give much new stuff, but fills your hours.
    Origins was brilliant because it was a redesign of the gameplay. And it was great since i love Egyptian mythology, Greek..err not that much. The story on Origins was also better.
    Black Flag fans should rejoice for this game as it brings back the ability to travel by ocean with ships freely now. Origins only had a couple of short segments with seafarer missions. As it now is Greece that has a great deal of islands around and naval battle was pivotal in the old greek times, it was only natural to bring back the warship again. You can upgrade and recruit folks for your vessel as you go. However, the combat gameplay on your boat is very scaled down compared to Black Flag.
    Still a "filler" game for me. Do not buy it expecting it to be a new take fresh on the franchise because it is clearly NOT.
    Microtransaction is like before, not a big deal. You don´t need any of it to complete it, so don't listen to what people say that this is a pay to win game. It is totally optional. Are you in a hurry to finish, buy, otherwise take your time with the game. If there is one thing Origins did well it was the joy and fun of exploring its vast land of the map. It does not lack any of it at all this time round.

Pros:
    - Beautiful graphics and scenery. Well made map.
    - Will keep you occupied for days
    - Decent controls.
    - Fun with cult and mercenaries.

Cons:
    - Gridning.
    - Side quests is repetitive in style.
    - Removes a few sneak functions to what made AC as it was.
    - Maybe a bit too large in size
  66. Nov 20, 2018
    AC Odyessy is Origins 2.0 but suffers from significant bloating. The game still has the same intense action, narrative, visuals, and characters (Kassandra) as Origins, but suffers from too many systems pulling for your attention. The more one played, the more it became apparent that the game was lengthened in order to keep you in AC Odyessy ecosphere. The extra time there, further optionsAC Odyessy is Origins 2.0 but suffers from significant bloating. The game still has the same intense action, narrative, visuals, and characters (Kassandra) as Origins, but suffers from too many systems pulling for your attention. The more one played, the more it became apparent that the game was lengthened in order to keep you in AC Odyessy ecosphere. The extra time there, further options to buy microtransactions. I would not go so far as to call this game not worthwhile, it is still a fun action adventure game, but I ended up muting it and listening to podcasts about 30 hrs in. As I stated, the bloat made everything seem pointless. Expand
  67. Dec 11, 2018
    Good afternoon, gentlemen and ladies, today I expressed a desire to tell you that this game has no right to be called "Assassin's Creed", now I will try to explain it. (This is long review, you can lose time here)
    In this game, the concept of "brotherhood" is almost forgotten, there are no blades and especially hoods here, stealth has completely degraded, during the hidden murder our hero instead of graceful movements shoves an enema into the enemy, it's just ridiculous, I understand the indignation of fans of this series, which partly I am also.Ubisoft has a brand: Assassin's Creed, so they are trying to squeeze all the money out of it that can be deflated. The ancestor's DNA in the new part was “damaged”, because we can choose its gender, and also independently choose the development of its history, what I do not fully understand. Is the essence of the game not to KNOW the story of the ancestor, and not to change it? I think it will soon be possible to choose not only gender, but also race, gender, sexual orientation, isn't it? After all, everyone understands that you want this, come on.
    The combat mechanics have changed, and for the better, but still it is wooden, slow and inconvenient, and besides, it is not spectacular, have you really not seen the mechanics of Bloodborne or Dark Souls? God Of War, Spiderman after all. In terms of plot, I am ready to applaud the developers, thank you so much that the series has somehow moved a little. In the new part of the plot is not, we just play for a hero who is interested in this life only money, Clint Eastwood from the world of games. The game also has a large number of historical figures, the game is making attempts to enlighten you, descriptions of various architectural monuments, palaces and theaters have been added to the game. But from the changes I saw little of what was new, only the graphic component changes in the game, and this is great, the game is very beautiful in truth, the spirit and beauties of Ancient Greece are transmitted fantastically, I am pleased with it.
  68. Apr 4, 2019
    I always appreciate a game where what you do, and what you say to people, have a impact in the game and I feel it have that in this game, now my biggest complain about this game is, IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE, A ASSASSIN'S CREED GAME!!!! but after they chance the combat ,and it is not about templars vs assassins it is just sad, to call it assassin's creed.
  69. Dec 20, 2018
    Odyssey is a good game. There is a big open world with a lot of things to do, with fun combat. It does everything that a sequel/prequel should do. Expand on the first game. Except that Odyssey has competely lost it´s identity. The game is set before the origins of the franchise. You don´t play as a assasin because there is no such thing. It has nothing to do with the war against templarsOdyssey is a good game. There is a big open world with a lot of things to do, with fun combat. It does everything that a sequel/prequel should do. Expand on the first game. Except that Odyssey has competely lost it´s identity. The game is set before the origins of the franchise. You don´t play as a assasin because there is no such thing. It has nothing to do with the war against templars and assasins. 6/10. Expand
  70. Mar 17, 2019
    O jogo é muito bom, porem, achei muito repetitivo e uma vez ou outra eu tinha q dar uma pausa do jogo pois não aguentava mais só ficar lutando contra inimigo.

A historia tbm é muito boa mas as vezes acontece uma coisa ou outra que tira a tensão do momento ou quando acabamos um das historias o final parece meio frouxo ou sem graça ( pelo menos o final q eu obtive com minhas escolhas no arco da família).

Mas em um plano geral é um jogo que diverte bastante onde na minha opinião o maior problema do jogo todo que pode ate te deixar com raiva são os mercenários q ficam atrapalhando suas missões
  71. Jun 5, 2019
    I'm surprised there are so many good reviews to AC Odyssey.

The game is really beautiful, but the plot is again pretty poor. The main story, Odyssey, Cult, Artifacts - simple, easy to finish, no twists (cult leader was obvious from the middle of Athen's line) and so on. The game is cool to explore, but again additional quests except Socrates are boring. Sex? Poor and mostly just a
    I'm surprised there are so many good reviews to AC Odyssey.

The game is cool to explore, but again additional quests except Socrates are boring. Sex? Poor and mostly just a figure of speech. Types of quests are the same. I'm afraid after the first one Ubi couldn't make anything worth it except Black Flag because we all love pirates. But at least in this one you don't see that stupid sitting on the bench and "Where the hell is Assassin?"
  72. Nov 4, 2018

1. Mar 4, 2019
    I cared more for these characters and the world than I ever did in previous Assassin’s Creed games, and I think that’s part of why this reboot is so successful. Playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey left me feeling valiant and triumphant as I worked my way up the cultist food chain, and and I was always excited to see what Kassandra was off to discover next.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 13, 2019
    If someone had told me couple of years ago that Assassin’s Creed would become a full-fledged action RPG that would not look out of place on a shelf next to The Witcher 3, I would have snickered. But here I am, over 80 hours into Odyssey and still unable to believe that really happened. [12/2018, p.44]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Nov 9, 2018
    It also commits a few of the same sins: in particular, the deluge of gar drops feels vaguely insulting, conditioning the player to lust after items exclusive to the in-game store. It's lifted, however, by the relative wit and intelligence of its quest design, and the delicate notes of uncertainty and curiosity introduced by Exploration mode. [Christmas 2018, p.108]