User Score
7.2

Mixed or average reviews- based on 3086 Ratings

User score distribution:
Buy Now
Buy on

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Jan 2, 2018
    9
    The best Assassin's Creed game by a mile, and maybe the best Ubisoft game. The combat is exceptional. Think Witcher 3 with more weapons (though this is not on the level of that game, but few are). The world feels as alive as any world ever, up there with GTA V, Witcher 3, and The Last of Us. Graphics are top notch. And no bugs!!!
  2. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    AC origins took a year off of development and that is shown here. The games new approach to the RPG styled games is the highlight of the game. The recreation of Egypt simply looks flawless and beautiful. The story line starts off good then unfolds into something magical. It's obvious here that the team behind AC origins has played Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3. I'm aware some peopleAC origins took a year off of development and that is shown here. The games new approach to the RPG styled games is the highlight of the game. The recreation of Egypt simply looks flawless and beautiful. The story line starts off good then unfolds into something magical. It's obvious here that the team behind AC origins has played Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3. I'm aware some people may use the story line as a con but lets not forget that the amazing Witcher 3's story was about Geralt finding Ciri (his daughter) but then unfolded into something magical that we all know and love today. AC Origins is a definite day one purchase for me and I highly recommend this purchase. Happy assassinating, Assassins. Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Долгожданный релиз оправдал все ожидания, которые без преувеличения были предельно высоки. Ubisoft переизобрела Assassin's creed! Абсолютно новая механика боя, стелса, паркура. Не знаю как они это сделали, но эргономика dualshock 4 на ps4 великолепно дополняет отличную оптимизацию. Стрельба из лука, точный контроль движений главного героя, что к такому быстрому отклику приходится привыкатьДолгожданный релиз оправдал все ожидания, которые без преувеличения были предельно высоки. Ubisoft переизобрела Assassin's creed! Абсолютно новая механика боя, стелса, паркура. Не знаю как они это сделали, но эргономика dualshock 4 на ps4 великолепно дополняет отличную оптимизацию. Стрельба из лука, точный контроль движений главного героя, что к такому быстрому отклику приходится привыкать заново, интригующий стелс-режим, который во всю используется на тяжелом уровне сложности. Советую к приобретению. Определенно одна из лучших игр индустрии и кандидат на лучшую игру серии. Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Played for a couple hours I have no issues at all, everything runs smooth for me and the game has not crashed.

    Visuals are amazing, I love that you get flashback missions not just cutscenes when something big happens like killing a high-rank enemy, giving you a backstory to the point of why your taking down this high rank masked one etc. the map is quite big bigger than any AC universe
    Played for a couple hours I have no issues at all, everything runs smooth for me and the game has not crashed.

    Visuals are amazing, I love that you get flashback missions not just cutscenes when something big happens like killing a high-rank enemy, giving you a backstory to the point of why your taking down this high rank masked one etc. the map is quite big bigger than any AC universe and if you wanna 100% this game then it will take you some time.

    Struggling a little with combat I'm so used to countering then killing like all the other AC games if you think the combat is simple compared to the other games your in for a little surprise!

    YES! there is a Helix credit system, so for people who don't have time to grind can buy in-game currency to spend and some weapons can be unlocked via Uplay credits which are free to earn via your Uplay account anyway. I personally don't buy in-game content at all and only believe that if micro-transactions are on multiplayer games it is unfair.... for single player games the only things you buy with your real money for in-game currency..... if you even want to buy them only affects your personal experience for campaign, not like GTA Online, Battlefield, Battlefront 1 & 2 Loot Packs etc etc so for single player content i don't mind but I personally don't buy content from any game I play!

    Apart from that 10/10 definately an upgrade for syndicate and the bugged monster Unity!

    Would recommend.
    Expand
  5. Oct 27, 2017
    5
    Don't believe the corrupt reviewers who are in the publisher's pocket. While the game is beautiful to look at, everything about it screams low quality and rushed development. If you compare the beginning to the majestic and slow introduction of the AC 3, for example, this falls way short. Enemy AI is weak, and there is tons of bugs literally everywhere, characters stuck in animation loops,Don't believe the corrupt reviewers who are in the publisher's pocket. While the game is beautiful to look at, everything about it screams low quality and rushed development. If you compare the beginning to the majestic and slow introduction of the AC 3, for example, this falls way short. Enemy AI is weak, and there is tons of bugs literally everywhere, characters stuck in animation loops, combat animations skipping erratically, and the eagle does not feel like a bird at all, but like some strange hovercraft/drone. I appreciate the attempt to innovate the combat, but this cake needed way more time in the oven. Expand
  6. Oct 29, 2017
    10
    Best Assassins creed game since Black Flag! Love the world of Ancient Egypt and love Byak as a ”Assassins”! For me this is a game of the year!!! Good job Ubisoft
  7. Oct 31, 2017
    4
    HONEST REVIEW: 4/10 mediocre. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from this game but it certainly wasn't what I got. First off, just like with AC4 this game simply doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game and the protagonist never really feels like an assassin. As a fan of the series who has played every installment, I can tell you for a fact that this game feels much more like a crossHONEST REVIEW: 4/10 mediocre. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from this game but it certainly wasn't what I got. First off, just like with AC4 this game simply doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game and the protagonist never really feels like an assassin. As a fan of the series who has played every installment, I can tell you for a fact that this game feels much more like a cross between Farcry and AC, and this isn't a good thing. If you were hoping to experience dashing across the rooftops of Rome or Venice, like in previous titles, then think again. There is very little in the way of verticality in this game and unlike in AC4 where you had verticality in the wilderness, in ACO you have desert, flat, dead desert. Those who are comparing it to Horizon Zero Dawn are correct, as most "assassinations" happen by whistling people over to the tall grass and then assassinating them when prompted. And with the new level system there is no more walk up slowly and assassinate two guards simultaneously with your double hidden blades like in previous titles. Quite frankly, you never really feel like an assassin in this game, but rather a warrior who sometimes murders people quietly. The combat system is also garbage. Granted, the combat system in other AC titles wasn't excellent either, it's just that this also takes huge cues from Horizon ZD, and the leveling system ensures that you will simply be murdered by anyone who is too high level for you restricting where you can go and what you can do in this "open world." On the positive side, the world is definitely the biggest we have ever gotten in an AC game, and the graphics are beautiful. The colors and detail is very vibrant. However, the crafting, leveling, skill points, loot system, and leveling up/looting higher level weapons and gear all feels out of place. I see what they were trying to do, they were trying to expand the AC franchise and what can be done, but I can't help but feel like they could have done it better and in a way that would have felt more like an assassin's creed game instead of assassin's farcry. Honestly everything in this game feels like it is mediocre and rushed. I know Ubisoft took a year off to better polish this game, but honestly for what they were trying to accomplish with this game, it needed at least a 4 year development cycle or more to be able to pull it off, without it feeling cheap like it does. There is some fun here, and the story is. . . decent? Because of this I give it a 4, mediocre at best, and only worth a buy after a couple of price drops. Honestly, you would do better to just go get Horizon ZD if you have a PS4 or just skip this title until it's in the sales bin. Expand
  8. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    OMG, this game is so amazing and has most beautiful graphic.. gameplay/combat is great.. Bayek is awesome character.. i didn't notice anything weird yet.. story is very interesting.. Keep up Great job Ashraf Ismail !!!!!! i am enjoying every minutes of it
  9. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Первые впечатления
    Игра дарит только положительные эмоции. Сколько времени провел и не переставал удивляться.
    Коротко, что я увидел за 6 часов гейплея. Плюсы +Отличная графика +Огромный мир, который теперь интересно исследовать благодаря рпг системе +Боевка мне очень понравилась, прям вообще. Чувствуется как ты дерешься с врагами. (И пофигу на анимацию сражения с бегемотом в воде!)
    Первые впечатления
    Игра дарит только положительные эмоции. Сколько времени провел и не переставал удивляться.
    Коротко, что я увидел за 6 часов гейплея.
    Плюсы
    +Отличная графика
    +Огромный мир, который теперь интересно исследовать благодаря рпг системе
    +Боевка мне очень понравилась, прям вообще. Чувствуется как ты дерешься с врагами. (И пофигу на анимацию сражения с бегемотом в воде!) Главное как игра ощущается, а не то какая там анимация и другая условность!
    +Интригующий сюжет
    +Куча лорной информации, включая Дезмонта и тд.
    +Зоркие и мощные враги (играл на самом сложном)
    +Запоминающиеся персонажи
    +Появилась жесткость, как по мне, это огромный плюс в копилку! Громадный! (поскольку способствует лучшему восприятию окружения)
    +Все задания уникальны!
    +Видно, что много идей взято, например, из "The Witcher 3". Т.е. не прямо взято, а вдохновлено им, что не может не радовать!
    +Плотва...ой простите, верблюд всегда под рукой)) Топать самому не приходится.
    Минусы
    -Пока я их не нашел
    Итог
    Даже не верю, что Ubisoft вот так взяла и координально поменяла игру. Давно у меня не было такого желания... чисто взять и раствориться в этом виртуальном мире.
    Expand
  10. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Finally the time is here
    this game saves the entire franchise and even Ubisoft
    great graphics, awesome story, great character, big sand box open world full of thing to do, gladiator arena, boss fights, boat fights, modern day and many more
    this worth a 60$
    i highly recommend this game for everyone to play
  11. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Awesome game !!! The Ancient Egypt theme sets up really nice, Bayek of Siwa is an epic character. The game really is something else and puts the franchise in a good light. Try the game and you won't regret it!
  12. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    First things first, this isn't your usual Ubisoft collectathon, and I have to applaud them for taking a step in the right direction. Recent Ubisoft games were filled with boring repetitive side-objectives and stuff to collect without any context. That gave games a little bit of extra padding and added length. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot to do here. There's still a ton of stuffFirst things first, this isn't your usual Ubisoft collectathon, and I have to applaud them for taking a step in the right direction. Recent Ubisoft games were filled with boring repetitive side-objectives and stuff to collect without any context. That gave games a little bit of extra padding and added length. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot to do here. There's still a ton of stuff to do here but it all feels meaningful, a little bit like the Witcher 3. Apart from that, ancient Egypt is really stunning and exploring this beautiful world is actually rewarding. Combat is the best in the series and leveling up, whatever the game, is always fun and addicting.

    Overall, it's a great game, the developers were really passionate about making this, and the game reflects their passion and commitment.
    Expand
  13. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    The best AC game since AC 2. The setting is breath taking, combat is finally decent in an AC game, game runs smooth for me with no crashes. I have to hand it to Ubisoft, they really listened to their fanbase and finally delivered.
  14. Oct 27, 2017
    5
    This game feels like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed had a baby, but instead of being a cute baby its a baby only a mother could love. It doesnt even feel like an Assassin's Creed game to me. Ill hold off judgment of anything but mixed for now but i got disappointed real quick
  15. Oct 27, 2017
    5
    Worst AC I every played absolutely not historical, fighting system is crap...5/10

    Ubi after EA is another world's destroyer...
    .......................
  16. Oct 27, 2017
    7
    Grafics and world looks really good. Combat is Ok but it could be better, Cutscenes could be better they look old and hidden blade is no use anmore...
  17. Oct 27, 2017
    4
    Big world and short story.
    This is the weakest story in all AC games.
    Charater is slow have no agilty.
    Bayek charater is lame not interesting at all.
    Game is very repetative.
    Stealth was way better in older AC games.
    They have the longest cicle for the game to develop and game is not polished.
    AC Black flag is best AC game Origins i know they experimented but is s not so good.
  18. Jul 12, 2019
    5
    Very mediocre. Not good. Not bad. Gameplay isnt fun. Controls are not intuitive. Its just a game with no passion or much thought placed into it. Even very tacted on RPG elements. I rather they stuck to their older routine at what they were good at than forcing this upon us
  19. Oct 31, 2020
    9
    I really enjoyed this game. The game is paced great, progression is meaningful and exploration is always satisfying and not overwhelming. Just like Syndicate Origins strikes a good balance for this type of game imo. The new RPG mechanics are a bit generic but works they way they should, Loot is Loot and they do it well here.
  20. Feb 13, 2021
    8
    The best representation of Egypt I have ever seen on a videogame. Contrarily to what I though there are a lot of different and beautiful landscapes and there is not only sand and Pyramids.

    The performance on PS4 PRO is really solid and the HDR patch makes it hard to forget, btw not a single bug on a 70 hr platinum playthrough. The gameplay is good, it never gets boring and the map is
    The best representation of Egypt I have ever seen on a videogame. Contrarily to what I though there are a lot of different and beautiful landscapes and there is not only sand and Pyramids.

    The performance on PS4 PRO is really solid and the HDR patch makes it hard to forget, btw not a single bug on a 70 hr platinum playthrough.
    The gameplay is good, it never gets boring and the map is full with markers to discover.

    On the negative side, Aya, Bayek's wife, is the most unlikeable, plain and dead inside character on the franchise.
    The last 2 missions are just disappointing and there are also some "Ubisoft agenda" moments that are just embarrassing.

    Nevertheless a great game.
    Expand
  21. Mar 26, 2021
    7
    Have played assassin series more than ten years. It becomes my routine. pro: splendid spectacular world. con: boring repeated mission
  22. Jun 20, 2018
    6
    At the end of the game, I'm thinking, "WHO THE EFF IS FLAVIUS?!".

    This game is NOT anything like The Witcher 3. The sidequests in AC Origins are uninspired, ending up in generic fetch or kill quests, with zero choice and consequence. There are no branching dialog with multiple narrative options. Side quests and main quests are all linear. Based on what it marketed itself to be (saying
    At the end of the game, I'm thinking, "WHO THE EFF IS FLAVIUS?!".

    This game is NOT anything like The Witcher 3. The sidequests in AC Origins are uninspired, ending up in generic fetch or kill quests, with zero choice and consequence. There are no branching dialog with multiple narrative options. Side quests and main quests are all linear. Based on what it marketed itself to be (saying how Witcher 3 was their inspiration), I was expecting a deep RPG to revolutionize the AC series, but there's no roleplaying at all. Bayek is very stiff and wooden, and poorly written. I don't feel connected to him as I was with Lincoln Clay from Mafia 3 who was also on a revenge mission. This, I surmised, is mainly due to the poor writing and disjointed pace of the narrative as a whole. It feels like they're trying to squeeze in so many things all at once. Also, if you've watched shows like HBO's Rome, or Spartacus or have any knowledge of ancient history, the main plot is so predictable. For me, the mark of a good game is if I never want it to end. With Origins however, I kept checking my playtime when I boot up the game and was just going through the motions and just waiting for the credits to roll. I gave my best to try to get invested in the sidequests but there are no memorable characters at all! All the best RPGs I've ever played had great companions and sidequests that add to those relationships. Games like Dragon Age, Witcher, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, are ao good, they extend my interest beyond the games into books, comics, youtube lore videos etc. Heck even the non-RPG linear action games like Uncharted, Last of Us, Tomb Raider had me connect with the main protagonist. Overall, I would say that the plot in Origins is a major disappointment.

    As an RPG, it fails. Having hundreds of loot and different weapons does not make a RPG. The loot system is more similar to Destiny/Diablo/Borderlands. It's very stats based. Armor is purely cosmetic in Origins. I ended up using the same armor and weapons that can e upgraded to current level for the whole game.

    Combat is boring button mashing. Charge your heavy attack, dodge and whack. That's the only thing I do for the whole game including bosses, with the occasional use of bow and arrow. Nothing like Bloodborne or even Witcher 3, whose combat I've read from other reviews were supposed to be it's weak point but I found enjoyable due to it's variety of stances and magic use. You can roleplay as a fire/force/shield/traps swordsman and change your playstyle. Not here in Origins.

    Stealth is a joke here. If you enjoy stealth games like MGSV, Alien Isolation, Deus Ex, Dishonored, even Ubisoft's own Wildlands, stealth in Origins is so unsatisfying and not immersive. Mainly due to the eagle mechanics which allows you to see through walls once the enemies are tagged. If you try to play without using the eagle, Bayek's weird movements and inability to go prone resulted in me being detected so many times. I love stealth games, but playing stealth here is unsatisfying.

    The major positive about this game is it's graphics and world design. Egypt feels authentic. The desert and pyramids blew me away, although I was pretty disappointed with the trees in this game, they were very low quality. The water though is bordering on next gen lol.

    I had high hopes for Origins because Ghost Recon Wildlands put my faith back in Ubi after enjoying AC1&2 and then feeling jaded with the yearly release and recycling of their game systems. I guess Wildlands was just an anomaly. Ubi to me is still a good publisher, but not a legendary one.
    Expand
  23. Apr 14, 2018
    6
    I excepted something much better, based on reviews, than i finally got. Its still same open boring world, only difference to previous titles i have to grind levels, because more than four difference to enemies make them almost immortal. Almost every quest, no matter main story or sub story is like "bla bla bla" my son/daughter/father/mother got arrested by bad soldiers, go to fort,I excepted something much better, based on reviews, than i finally got. Its still same open boring world, only difference to previous titles i have to grind levels, because more than four difference to enemies make them almost immortal. Almost every quest, no matter main story or sub story is like "bla bla bla" my son/daughter/father/mother got arrested by bad soldiers, go to fort, slaughter them all and free him/her.
    Positive aspect is graphic, all those ancient views, pyramids, cities, temples, sculptures and probably best water ingame.
    And one more thing, very negative, shop that offering weapons, craft materials, skillpoints and hidden places guides fo REAL MONEY.
    Summary, nice to watch, bad to play. My advice-rent or buy cheap used copy and explore tour mode.
    Expand
  24. Apr 21, 2018
    7
    Game with life like graphic, huge and varied open world, improved and engaging battle system and all other things I missed in this franchise...and yet after few hours I felt like I tried everything that the game has to offer and now I see that I really did. Game with lots of quests and activities, using like 5 types of schemes over and over again. Main quests are same as side quests, onlyGame with life like graphic, huge and varied open world, improved and engaging battle system and all other things I missed in this franchise...and yet after few hours I felt like I tried everything that the game has to offer and now I see that I really did. Game with lots of quests and activities, using like 5 types of schemes over and over again. Main quests are same as side quests, only with cut-scenes. And those differences between important and routine was for me the reason I liked assassins creed, there were repetitive side missions, but when main quest came, I felt it and wanted to do best for hero sakes, not in this case. Even without knowing the franchise I believe the game just feel like colourful puzzles put together with duck tape. Despite unattractive activities I found battle system really interesting but sadly after a while boring and skills not important for survival.

    Those are my only complains, sadly huge ones. Game as whole feels "Meh" and even beautiful graphic and fascinating locations cant change the fact, I completed this game taking short-cutes so I could move it from Unfinished to Forget-ably Finished
    Expand
  25. May 5, 2018
    3
    Honestly the worst AC game of all times, a lot of boring grinding, story is boring, boring side missions, 90% of the game is waiting for something good to happen (spoiler: nothing happens) combat is clunky, game is full of glitches and if you're still going to buy it then get ready to grind!
  26. Aug 20, 2018
    5
    Although this is in my opinion the best Assassins creed game in terms of gameplay and graphics, the game as a whole really falls short and stops being interesting pretty quickly. This is mainly due too the levelling system which although helpful does limit the players ability to free roam until they are around level 30 unless, you enjoy a challenge as most of the animals you will find canAlthough this is in my opinion the best Assassins creed game in terms of gameplay and graphics, the game as a whole really falls short and stops being interesting pretty quickly. This is mainly due too the levelling system which although helpful does limit the players ability to free roam until they are around level 30 unless, you enjoy a challenge as most of the animals you will find can instantly kill you until you are at least level 11. The game has interesting music and great visuals, but that is pretty much it, some of the game can be really fun and there are great moments. If you are planning to get this game don't unless you believe you can stick out the boring grind of levelling up because once you are high enough level the game gets better as you can go anywhere you want and do anything you want with out death hanging over you shoulder constantly. However as the game only gets going towards the end the fun parts are over quickly. I don't recommend this game it will retire on your shelf far quicker than you think. Expand
  27. Nov 20, 2018
    5
    Disclaimer: This is a quick and dirty little text, with no aspiration to achieve linguistic eloquence - I was disappointed and just want to share my impression of the game.
    A long time ago, I was playing Assassin's Creed 1 for a couple of hours and Black Flag for a couple of more hours, but faded off from both due to boredom. After all this positive reviews, stating that this is kind of a
    Disclaimer: This is a quick and dirty little text, with no aspiration to achieve linguistic eloquence - I was disappointed and just want to share my impression of the game.
    A long time ago, I was playing Assassin's Creed 1 for a couple of hours and Black Flag for a couple of more hours, but faded off from both due to boredom. After all this positive reviews, stating that this is kind of a refresh to the series, I thought I'd give it another try - maybe there is some joy in it - like I had with 150 hours in Witcher 3 or 70 hours with Horizon. But sadly: No, not - at - all. If you're like me and never got warm with the Ubisoft open worlds (the only game I have finished was Far Cry 3): This game has no different feeling to it than the others. In a nutshell:
    >> great graphics, although less detail work in comparison to other open world games
    >> awful storytelling
    >> bad character development and introduction (a grown man behaving like a 15 year old greenhorn)
    >> clunky and boring combat system
    >> lacking content in comparison to the size of the world
    >> no authentic feeling of ancient Egypt
    >> bugs
    >> Ubisoft-Club ingame promo

    So, in conclusio: I will not finish the game too soon or maybe not at all. It is still entertaining for maybe 1-2 hours per week, but after 12 hours in the game nothing interesting happened and (I'm sorry) I can't even deal with this evil face old kid main character.
    Expand
  28. Jan 27, 2018
    7
    I played every assassins creed except rogue, this is the only assassin's creed that i wanted to end sooner rather than later. i was at around level 27 when it started getting tedious for me. too much dialogues in side quests blah blah blah, save my sister here, my brother is held captive at a different bandit site, the mastermind is in another area, go back to quest giver to finish quest.I played every assassins creed except rogue, this is the only assassin's creed that i wanted to end sooner rather than later. i was at around level 27 when it started getting tedious for me. too much dialogues in side quests blah blah blah, save my sister here, my brother is held captive at a different bandit site, the mastermind is in another area, go back to quest giver to finish quest. repeat. wish i cared about them but i didnt. only character/side quest that was interesting was shadya's. even main quests feels like side quests. something must be definitely wrong if i cant wait for the game to end.
    * i also wish he didnt shave his beard. looked way cooler,
    Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2019
    6
    It’s a shame at how bland and repetitive AC Origins is. The main quest is slow and boring. It’s gotten to the point where I’m wearing Altair’s outfit just for that little bit of nostalgia. Almost all the side missions are exactly the same. It varies from killing an evil tax man to fetch a papyrus for someone so lazy to carry some dead bodies. Rinse and repeat really. I’ve recently got backIt’s a shame at how bland and repetitive AC Origins is. The main quest is slow and boring. It’s gotten to the point where I’m wearing Altair’s outfit just for that little bit of nostalgia. Almost all the side missions are exactly the same. It varies from killing an evil tax man to fetch a papyrus for someone so lazy to carry some dead bodies. Rinse and repeat really. I’ve recently got back into AC to try and finish them all because I love the original games. But it’s sad how bored I’ve become. As Albert Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results and that’s what AC has become. Developing the same game year in and year out with some cosmetic tweaks and a few admittedly decent unlockables. Expand
  30. Nov 22, 2017
    3
    The game itself is actually pretty fun, it's the leveling system that makes me have to give this a 3 because if they keep using this same system in future AC games it will be very disappointing, so sorry but it really does make the game more miserable to play.
  31. Feb 14, 2018
    4
    While there are notable improvements in this title, relating to key features of the of the game, I would hardly call Assassin's Creed Origins a come back for the Assassin's Creed series. Despite taking a "year off" from releasing a new Assassin's Creed title, Origins feels half baked. The main story line bored me so completely up until the last two missions, I only returned to the mainWhile there are notable improvements in this title, relating to key features of the of the game, I would hardly call Assassin's Creed Origins a come back for the Assassin's Creed series. Despite taking a "year off" from releasing a new Assassin's Creed title, Origins feels half baked. The main story line bored me so completely up until the last two missions, I only returned to the main missions so that I could open up more side missions. This was because, until this point, I felt no drive to find out what happened next in the main story arc of the game. It was terrible at letting me feel like I was making progress towards the end villain, the person that had set this all in motion, despite that being the task the game had set for us from the start. It only handed to us the "small fry" like bait, trying to get the player hooked without giving them everything - not just yet.

    While it was nice to see a change from the standard Assassin's Creed combat of Just Stand There and Counter Everyone, there is still work needed to be done on this, especially when it comes to the soft-target-lock-on system, which seemed to forever have me targeting enemies that I simply could not reach, while refusing to hit enemies that were standing right in front of me or ever so slightly to my left.

    And let me not forget the massive waste of time, for both me playing the game and surely for the developers who worked on it, the "real world" moments. Where it could have been interesting to see a fresh take on this now that this series is no longer Desmond Creed, these sections were little more than a distraction and a convenient place to take a break from playing.

    Overall, despite some improvements on old features that were in desperate need of fixing, and some minor slimming down of game play content that wasn't interesting or way too time consuming, I am disappointed in this game. I've enjoyed the Assassin's Creed series since the first time I played the original, and I had hoped that it would make a return from its slump with this title, this is not the case. I can only hope that it tries to get better again (maybe in another two years time?) or Ubisoft lets the series go before it's too late.

    Also, there are Loot Boxes and Mircotrasactions in this game - a game that had multiple release editions, and has a Session Pass, and DLC. They aren't in your face, but they are there. Just so you know.
    Expand
  32. Dec 10, 2017
    4
    If you're interested in well told stories... skip this one.

    I played every main AC game so far and after AC: Syndicate I decided to give up. The present time story wasn't really continued since AC III and the past time stories didn't manage to touch me any more. The villains weren't really well established I just felt like an [rated] killer machine all the time killing thousands (!!)
    If you're interested in well told stories... skip this one.

    I played every main AC game so far and after AC: Syndicate I decided to give up.
    The present time story wasn't really continued since AC III and the past time stories didn't manage to touch me any more. The villains weren't really well established I just felt like an [rated] killer machine all the time killing thousands (!!) of people I wasn't sure of if they are really that bad.

    Then came the good reviews for Origins and I decided to give the series again another try.
    I shouldn't have.

    Origins has one of the worst game entries I've played so far - you start not really knowing who you are, where you are and what you are doing - you're just told to kill some guy. Congratulations! You killed one of five villains. The motivation behind it is explained 1-2h later after doing some side quests.
    Another revenge story with the caveat that the game just doesn't take time to make the player feel really involved. One mission isn't enough time to make a player care about a character.

    And this is the main problem of the game:
    It feels like the game grew too big for the developers turning out into lackluster and chaotic story telling.
    Aside from your wife no character gets enough stage time to make you really care about them.
    There are tons of characters - friends and foes - but they're just quickly introduced empty hulls.
    It's also super easy to lose the overview.
    At one point they introduce the super villain and the game tries to stage this reveal as a big twist.
    The problem: They never introduced him properly before, so again you just don't care.

    The last 3% of the story are actually well done then. The game gets more linear, the game stops introducing new characters and things get finally interesting. But... too late and it's not enough.

    The side quests: Yes, they have some small cutscenes now but they neither won't tell you a good story and the tasks are repetitive like hell. No comparison to Witcher III's side quest.

    A few words regarding the new RPG elements:
    They didn't really work out. You find new weapons of different types all the time coming in normal, rare, legendary flavors and level depending attributes... but yeah... essentially I just picked the weapon type that worked best and changed the weapon maybe 10 times during the game and didn't even upgrade one.

    The skill tree is nice but with the grown size it also lacks those big satisfying game changer skills.
    Each skill just makes you a bit better or gives you a bit more comfort.

    The new combat system:
    I understand that the old counter-focused system wore off.
    But I really struggled with the new one as it didn't feel responsive enough.
    Sometimes you feel locked by an enemy and just can't escape while
    taking more and more damage.
    Throwing a smoke grenade turned out to be somewhat a matter of luck.
    Often it just wouldn't trigger or trigger while picking up an item (same button).
    Often you're unsure whether you have any bombs left all - there is no on
    screen display for your gadgets any more.
    Also combat is pretty dull - essentially you're just spamming the light or heavy
    attack button all the time (matter of taste)... and maybe roll now and then. That's it.
    You can also block with your shield but it didn't feel like a good option.
    It's no catastrophy but it's definitely not Dark Souls.

    World building:
    Nicely done. There are many different areas from huge cities to tiny villages and pitoresque countryside places. Though: There is virtually no element in the game that would give any real value to explorers. So you're essentially just consulting your game map for your next destination and either quick travel or travel there with your horse (or Camel) taking the shortest path.

    AC: Origins with all that production value could have turned out as a really good game.
    But it's a game that preferred mass of content over quality.
    Reducing the amount of main story characters, giving each character more time and reducing the amount of side quests while giving them more love could have worked wonders for me.

    So I still keep the Ezio trilogy (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) dear to my heart while finally giving up on the series now. It's okay for escapists who just want to dive into some historic scenario now and then while not really planning to finish the game. But if you care about characters and stories this game really wastes your time.
    Expand
  33. Dec 26, 2017
    6
    It's a good game. Solid graphics and environments that are always an AC staple. While it's a step in the right direction I think they took 2 steps back with the implementation of the RPG/ Micro-Transaction elements. This is essientially AC: The Skyrim version. You are forced to skip elements of the game because you're character is too weak to tackle said temple or fort. Where as the oldIt's a good game. Solid graphics and environments that are always an AC staple. While it's a step in the right direction I think they took 2 steps back with the implementation of the RPG/ Micro-Transaction elements. This is essientially AC: The Skyrim version. You are forced to skip elements of the game because you're character is too weak to tackle said temple or fort. Where as the old games made you more powerful through acquiring upgrades to equipment but never impeded your progress, here you become stronger simply by collecting XP and anything above your own level is instant death. So simply playing the game using stealth and action is not enough in the new and improved AC. Come across a foe with a read skull of death icon above their head and you better run. It makes no sense whatsoever. I cleared out a temple in an area that had bandits at my level. Not far away I discovered another fort with the same exact generic bandits but you can't stealth kill them for the arbitrary reason that they are at too high a level. Instead they reverse the move and then proceed to one hit insta kill you while your attacks do nothing. Why? Because this generic "Bandit Leader" is level 20 but his twin brother you just killed not far away was only level 5. LOL! I say a knife or an arrow to the head should pretty much be an instant takedown. Enemies should be harder because they have better protection like say helmets to protect from arrows and they are better at detecting you as you sneak.

    Everything has a level, including equipment, but you can't equip something that is too much higher than you're own level. Confusing? Yes, that spear looks exactly like the one you have equipped, but you can't use it because it's level 10, and you are only level 5 for instance. It's just dumb and does not fit the rest of the gameplay aspects of AC. You have a huge world to explore but are restricted to only interacting with enemies who are equal or of lesser class than you. It makes the game world completely disjointed as you'll discover cool things and then have to pass up exploring because the enemies are twice your strength or the quest level is twice your level. It turns the whole game into an unnecessary grind.

    Oh and the upgrade grind is here as well which at this point is a ubisoft staple of gameplay. You'll need x amount of leather and y amount of copper to craft z upgrade. It's a never ending push to collect materials for tiny increments of improvement to your gear. What a slog.

    On top of that, combat is just not very good but at least the stealth is as good as previous AC games. It's hard to give a bad score to this game because it really is entertaining as long as you follow the beaten path and the Egyptian landscape looks fantastic. The Pyramids tower in the distance and climbing around feels great. The story is also ok I guess. It's a shame they decided to lock everything behind a completely unnecessary grind wall that you can speed up with extra money. That's right, you can buy boosts all day and you'll be level 40 in about 5 minutes and have all legend gear. Just spend another 50 bucks and the you're faced with zero gameplay restrictions since you're at the top level. The game even sends you messages while you're playing that a quick xp boost is just a click away. It's just awful what micro-transactions have done to gaming in general. This game suffers in that regard as is evident by the disjointed leveling system which serves only one purpose: impede your progress. Shame, but ultimately still a solid game once you reach a respectable xp level.
    Expand
  34. Nov 8, 2017
    7
    I can Understand why there are many negative reviews for this game. I mean it has microtransactions in a single player game.

    I must admit... I'm having fun with this game. Huge open world with a lot of RPG elements. I am a sucker for these kind of games. A lot of (good) elements taken straight from The Witcher 3. This game has more END-game content than Destiny 2. Overall a very nice
    I can Understand why there are many negative reviews for this game. I mean it has microtransactions in a single player game.

    I must admit... I'm having fun with this game. Huge open world with a lot of RPG elements. I am a sucker for these kind of games. A lot of (good) elements taken straight from The Witcher 3. This game has more END-game content than Destiny 2.

    Overall a very nice game. Normally i would score this a 7/10. But with those micro-transactions i will give it a 6/10.
    Expand
  35. May 13, 2019
    0
    Tedious, boring and way too long. This is the worst game in the AC franchise and not what I would ever see as an AC game. I loved the idea of Egypt but the game was just so damn tedious. Let's get back to the greatness of Ezio, please.
  36. Apr 6, 2018
    4
    A lot of things about this game are good, but it turns into a very boring repetitive grind, where you are forced to do a lot of monotonous side quests to be able to do the main story and the main story isn't interesting enough to compel you to do the grind. I can only imagine that the game was designed this way to encourage people to buy micro transactions. Don't buy games with microA lot of things about this game are good, but it turns into a very boring repetitive grind, where you are forced to do a lot of monotonous side quests to be able to do the main story and the main story isn't interesting enough to compel you to do the grind. I can only imagine that the game was designed this way to encourage people to buy micro transactions. Don't buy games with micro transactions, and don't waste your money on this game. I recommend renting it to run around and check out Egypt for a few hours, but the monotony kicks in and there is no reason to torture yourself by actually trying to finish the game. Expand
  37. Nov 1, 2017
    9
    I've been playing the Assassins Creed series from the beginning, only having missed the "Rogue" entry being on last gen systems. Up until this point Revelations and Black Flag had been my favorite installments with fantastic storytelling and intriguing gameplay mechanics.

    When I booted up Origins, the first reaction I had was wow there is a overwhelming amount to do in this game. The
    I've been playing the Assassins Creed series from the beginning, only having missed the "Rogue" entry being on last gen systems. Up until this point Revelations and Black Flag had been my favorite installments with fantastic storytelling and intriguing gameplay mechanics.

    When I booted up Origins, the first reaction I had was wow there is a overwhelming amount to do in this game. The sprawling map has been separated into different "provinces" that all have an RPG like character level suggestion. It allows the player to choose their own direction along with a great risk/reward aspect in adventuring to secret tombs, hidden animal lairs and taking on enemies that are a higher level than you.

    So far after about 16 hours in the story has felt like a slow drip of information getting you to care more about the characters (main story and side quests) then the overarching narrative. I look forward to seeing where they take the present day storyline at the later stages of the game.

    As with some previous Assassins Creed games I've seen lots of comments and reviews mentioning bugs and glitches. Thankfully I've been fortunate, playing on my PS4 Pro, and haven't had any game breaking bugs, or crashes. The largest extent has been some slow-down and frame rate hiccups during cutscenes. Gameplay itself has been smooth and excellent.

    The heavier elements of RPG and Loot based gear has been an absolute joy for me being a big fan of the Borderlands and Destiny franchises. Now granted, the loot in this game isn't on the same level as those mentioned, but hopefully it's a reward system they decide to continue with in future games. Also the expansive skill tree has been a delight, really allowing you to tailor Bayek into the style of assassin you enjoy playing as. Seeing an enemy Fort and being able to tackle it any way you want with your diverse skill-set has never felt better in the series.

    Lastly the new combat system. It's slower, more brutal and definitely more "janky" then it has been in previous games, but I've actually appreciated the change. It makes fighting certain enemies and "bosses" feel more like a Dark Souls game then a "QTE" choreographed dance from this action genre. After a few hours once you start to get the hang of the different weapon classes and new abilities, you'll enjoy taking down each Phylake bounty hunter you encounter.

    At the end of the day if you haven't been a fan of the Assassins Creed franchise in the past, this might actually be the best one to dip your toe in and try. There are certainly better true RPG's on the market right now but Ubisoft has done an amazing job taking great pieces from multiple genres and creating a wholly unique and engaging open world game. The setting, characters, side quests and atmosphere are all top notch, and I'll be spending hours upon hours in this virtual desert for the foreseeable future.
    Expand
  38. Oct 27, 2017
    9
    Played 7 hours so far and it's such a beautiful and amazing game. The sheer scope of the world leaves you breathless at the start, and after a couple of main missions you become invested in Bayek and care about his journey. Real world out of animus stuff I'm not a fan of but nice to see it isn't as dull as Black Flag where you had to wander around for ages. Can't wait to play this more.
  39. Oct 30, 2017
    9
    They have finally strayed away from the repetitive annoying missions that plagued the older games. This is a fresh new start that has RPG elements in it. I do not feel the side missions are grinding. the combat system is good, the enemies are smart and HARD. you can not counter everything and if you engage a group of people or even a person of 1 level higher than you, you will getThey have finally strayed away from the repetitive annoying missions that plagued the older games. This is a fresh new start that has RPG elements in it. I do not feel the side missions are grinding. the combat system is good, the enemies are smart and HARD. you can not counter everything and if you engage a group of people or even a person of 1 level higher than you, you will get killed.

    As it is a new game, there are certainly some glitches, but im sure a patch will improve it.
    Expand
  40. Nov 6, 2017
    10
    When compared to the previous two installments in the series, Assassin's Creed Origins takes a major leap of faith towards a bold new direction with its gameplay and mechanics. Unity and Syndicate both introduced small changes to the AC formula, while keeping the core principal untampered - find your target in a sprawling city, stealth your way to him vertically or horizontally and tryWhen compared to the previous two installments in the series, Assassin's Creed Origins takes a major leap of faith towards a bold new direction with its gameplay and mechanics. Unity and Syndicate both introduced small changes to the AC formula, while keeping the core principal untampered - find your target in a sprawling city, stealth your way to him vertically or horizontally and try your best to assassinate him by stabbing him in the back with your hidden blade, or if push comes to shove, use your assortment of other weapons to dispatch your target(s).

    Origins takes the core idea and builds around it a larger scope of gameplay variety, while placing it in an open world environment. These are no subtle alterations, nor are they a departure from what makes an Assassin's Creed game an Assassin's Creed experience. Everything is still here, but bigger. Previous titles had upgrade mechanics, while Origins has a skill tree separated into three branches. All three compliment the core gameplay mechanics, thus alloweing the player to mix and match his favorite style of gameplay.

    The setting for this installment - Ancient Egypt - is probably the most popular historical period in my personal opinion when looking back at the previous games. The world is sprinkled with amazing sights. While exploring, the player can come across a plethora of side activities that are not as cumbersome as in previous games in the series. That is because the development teams at Ubisoft drastically downsized the amout of collectables and opted for a larger emphasis on side quests, where each has its own unique storyline that ties with the main plot.

    Overall Assassin's Creed Origins is a healthy return to form for the series! It feels like a true sequel that builds upon the core concept of the series.
    Expand
  41. Oct 30, 2017
    10
    Assassin's Creed seems to be back for real, new graphics, new setup, new gameplay receipe.
    The rpg style approach gives the player more opportunity and way more depthness that the previous AC. The game is just awesome!
  42. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Right now, I'm enjoying Assassin's Origins as much as the new Zelda game, maybe even more because Origins has such awesome graphics. The gameplay between the two games are very similar, except in Assassin's you don't keep running out of stamina every time you try and climb something. Assassin's Origins is fast becoming one of my favorite games of all time, right up there with the likes ofRight now, I'm enjoying Assassin's Origins as much as the new Zelda game, maybe even more because Origins has such awesome graphics. The gameplay between the two games are very similar, except in Assassin's you don't keep running out of stamina every time you try and climb something. Assassin's Origins is fast becoming one of my favorite games of all time, right up there with the likes of Zelda, Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim! Expand
  43. Nov 7, 2017
    10
    My god...user reviews are getting to be a total joke. Is this the new norm? If a game has any microtransactions trolls will spam the reviews with 0s? This game had a user score of 8.3 two days ago ...now it's 6.0...LOL.
    Look i don't like MTs so i don't buy them. This game getting any zero scores is a complete joke. I'm several hours deep now and it's a blast.
  44. Oct 28, 2017
    9
    ac origins is great. better then unity and syndicate, bayek a interseting character and the world of egypt is full of history and awesome, nice come back
  45. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    What can I say ? This is by far one of the best games this year and definitely my favorite Assassins Creed game! You will love it! I’ve never had so much fun roaming through Egypt as Bayek, the last medjay. Albeit a serious man, he is charismatic and entertaining through the whole story
  46. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Playing this game results in the same feeling you get when you pop your head out from under the covers after being under them for a while and you start to feel like you can't breath. In other words, after Syndicate this is some fresh air! The graphics are gorgeous and the mechanics are extremely fluid. I have noticed that this AC is actually a littler harder than those in the past in termsPlaying this game results in the same feeling you get when you pop your head out from under the covers after being under them for a while and you start to feel like you can't breath. In other words, after Syndicate this is some fresh air! The graphics are gorgeous and the mechanics are extremely fluid. I have noticed that this AC is actually a littler harder than those in the past in terms of combat. No longer are groups of 4 enemies standing back and waiting to hit you one by one but are instead striking at different moments. The story is strong and so are the characters. All in all I can tell I will be putting quite a few hours into this game. Welcome back Assassins Creed, we have missed you. Expand
  47. Oct 29, 2017
    9
    I’ve not played too much of this game yet, and have just broken my headset in the process because of rage, but this game is visually stunning, and I love the combat, story and messing around. The loot system is great and it’s an amazing feeling to get better loot if you for example kill a higher level enemy or captain. Really enjoying this game so far. Minus five points for the glitchesI’ve not played too much of this game yet, and have just broken my headset in the process because of rage, but this game is visually stunning, and I love the combat, story and messing around. The loot system is great and it’s an amazing feeling to get better loot if you for example kill a higher level enemy or captain. Really enjoying this game so far. Minus five points for the glitches because it is a problem. If you rage hard like me try easy difficulty. I’m not going to because it might ruin my experience. Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2017
    6
    Guys I'm being serious - my biggest problem with ACO is...there's just nothing to do in this damn game. Listen, they've removed the optional challenges (my favourite feature of AC games), ALL collectibles, most side activities like optional assassinations and things like improving your hamlet in AC3 or playing with your fleet in AC4. And they have replaced it with....nothing. I guessGuys I'm being serious - my biggest problem with ACO is...there's just nothing to do in this damn game. Listen, they've removed the optional challenges (my favourite feature of AC games), ALL collectibles, most side activities like optional assassinations and things like improving your hamlet in AC3 or playing with your fleet in AC4. And they have replaced it with....nothing. I guess people were fed up with collectibles and side activities but when you remove it all and replace it with nothing....it's boring. It really is.

    ACO is flashy and beautiful and pulls you in for a few hours but then you'll realize you're doing just two things all over again - side quests and looting lairs (animal nests, forts, villas etc.) Over and over again. There isn't anything else to do. All the interesting set pieces and closed assassination areas like in Syndicate are gone too.

    Sure there are oodles of side quests but they are usually about "go to X, talk to Y, kill ABC and bring back the stolen stuff". Plus the story is not very exciting, the beginnings of the Assassins are kindda humdrum. And the characters are boring too. Bayek is grouchy and uncharismatic and Aya is smart and strong but also about as warm and likeable as a granite block. The villains are just one big grey blob and the villain alpha dog looks like a beta neckbeard. There's nothing quirky or interesting or distinctive in the characters or the writing, it's all just one big, smooth and featureless mass product.

    I know most people don't like the modern storyline about gods but at least it made the game unique. I've always thought the problem with the things people got fed up with over the 10 or so games - the optional challenges, the collectibles, the side activities, the modern storyline - was not that they were there but that they were half heartedly implemented. In ACO instead of improving them Ubisoft simply took them away.

    I had a blast in the first 10 hours, then lost all interest. I just rushed the end. I never thought I'll say it but ACO is probably the most boring AC game since the first one, despite the attractive setting and potential for the metastory. Even AC3 was more interesting, at least there was Haytham. In it's boringness and staleness ACO is on par with Revelations. Looking back at it I feel like going back to Black Flag or even Syndicate. I actually liked Syndicate. Sigh.

    Positives? The combat is fine, certainly more engaging then in previous games (although I liked the Syndicate combat too). And the world is beautiful and just gigantic. Too bad they haven't filled it up with much.
    Expand
  49. Nov 5, 2017
    8
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, for the starters, this is my first game review, so that has to mean something about greatness of this game. It took me 68 hours and 28 minutes to get to the finish of the main story, and I still got a lot of side activities left in this massive adaptation of Egypt.
    Gameplay is exellent. Not perfect, but it's almost there. For the first time your assassin listens to your wishes and doesn't jump on and off a bale of hay like "master assassin" Arno. So great improvement in parkour. And then there is combat, redefined, completely different, and it is working. For the first couple of hours it's just okay, but once you invest some skill points to the warrior skill tree, oh man, then it is a real fun. It is much more about your personal gaming skills this time, so there is allways room for an improvement.
    Now graphics. The game isn't Uncharted 4, nor Horizon top notch, but it is still good enough to force you to stop and make another picture in photo mode. Cutscenes could be better, but world is just so good looking.
    Origins took a great challenge storywise, since it supose to tell the origins of Assassins order. And... it could be better. Don't get me wrong, it is probably one of my most favorite AC stories, it is mature, believable and Bayek is just so real, but I missed something there... again, sci-fi part with the acients is still there, but it seems just like a checkbox. (Minor spolier alert: I loved, how Bayek was mentally broken in the end of one final missions.)
    So in the end, Origins is definitely a step forward, a musthave for every AC fan, and maybe a start with a franchise for the newbies on the series. For me it is a blast, with a funfactor almost like a Wicher 3 had.
    Hope, you liked my review and forgive me for possible mistakes, english is my second language.
    Expand
  50. Apr 24, 2018
    9
    A welcome change to the series. Let’s be honest, it needed it. Hopefully this is just the start of the revamp and Ubisoft keep tweaking and making worthwhile changes to the old stale creed formula.
  51. Apr 13, 2018
    10
    I loved it! Made me feel like i was playing AC2 again, i just wanted to see everything, im 4 trophies short of getting platinum and i intent to keep going, gorgeous game, good story, great combat, i just love it.
  52. Feb 13, 2018
    8
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

    Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

    Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

    Mein persönlicher Score = 84/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10
    Expand
  53. Feb 17, 2019
    8
    Gameplay/Mechanics: 8.5
    Sound/Music: 8.5
    Graphics/Art: 9
    Story/Atmosphere: 8
    OVERALL: 8.5/10
  54. Feb 11, 2018
    1
    You may have to look, but not to hard, to see lazy development all over this game. The combat is terrible on PC. No dismemberment? Feels like you are walking through mud everywhere you go. Objectives are boring and the plot is expected and repetitive. Sure the open world is huge, but there really is not a lot to it. Enemies are all the same, with the same voice, same movements.You may have to look, but not to hard, to see lazy development all over this game. The combat is terrible on PC. No dismemberment? Feels like you are walking through mud everywhere you go. Objectives are boring and the plot is expected and repetitive. Sure the open world is huge, but there really is not a lot to it. Enemies are all the same, with the same voice, same movements. About 15 hours in and calling it quits. Expand
  55. Apr 28, 2018
    8
    After so many disappointing characters in many Assassin's Creed games this character is actually interesting. His love life is also interesting and story kept me intrigued. There's only been 2 good Assassin's creed games in the past in my opinion and that's Assassin's Creed 2 & Assassin's Creed Black Flag. This one made it into the top 3. This is definitely the best Assassin's Creed sinceAfter so many disappointing characters in many Assassin's Creed games this character is actually interesting. His love life is also interesting and story kept me intrigued. There's only been 2 good Assassin's creed games in the past in my opinion and that's Assassin's Creed 2 & Assassin's Creed Black Flag. This one made it into the top 3. This is definitely the best Assassin's Creed since Black flag Expand
  56. Apr 26, 2018
    5
    Stunning Visuals, Check. Fantastic Story, Check.
    Towers to climb, Sadly yes. Typical Ubisoft Open World, Sadly yes.
    This installment of the AC series has left me incredibly underwhelmed, AC have been experimenting with the core mechanics for the Assassins Creed franchise and they have not innovated at all, in exchange for a bustling city or the open seas where there was always
    Stunning Visuals, Check. Fantastic Story, Check.
    Towers to climb, Sadly yes. Typical Ubisoft Open World, Sadly yes.

    This installment of the AC series has left me incredibly underwhelmed, AC have been experimenting with the core mechanics for the Assassins Creed franchise and they have not innovated at all, in exchange for a bustling city or the open seas where there was always something a stones throw away, I was crossing areas with only one outpost or vast deserts with nothing else around.

    Gameplay was refined from the previous installments but no where near perfected, fights were clunky and sometimes your protagonist would not stand a chance were in previous games it would be down to preparation and planning, assassinations have always been instant multiple times I have been robbed out of satisfaction of playing it sensibly and sneaking to get to my target.

    That now brings us to my biggest pet peeve, the leveling system. Granted you can level in a way to suit your play style but the game insists on a certain way to play on missions and its rarely sneaking. Multiple times I have been caught off guard by their missions from stealth to combat and have not leveled up enough to stand a chance and have been forced to grind out the experience points rather then play through for the story.

    From that point, The story is the main thing that does this game justice, from dealing with all the bugs (game breaking bugs I may add) I wanted to know how it progresses and what happened next, Ubisoft have got better at writing these games but need to experiment with its formula.
    Expand
  57. Sep 13, 2018
    1
    Man this suckssssssssss.I really miss the old assassin's and was a huge fan from the very 1st of their journey till Assassin's Creed Syndicate.But now it all became just another farcry primal thing.You guys should've stick to the assassin's gadget not trash or make them even more sucks.
  58. Oct 9, 2018
    1
    Pensé mucho en comprar el juego y luego de un año lo hago para darme reafirmar que a mi me había enganchado la historia de las dos facciones: Hashashins o Nizaríes contra los Templarios; de hecho la historia me hacía sentir que tenía sentido el urgar entre las memorias genéticas de Desmond...
    Desde el tercer juego y sus los combates navales comencé a sentir que me aburría. Pero ahora las
    Pensé mucho en comprar el juego y luego de un año lo hago para darme reafirmar que a mi me había enganchado la historia de las dos facciones: Hashashins o Nizaríes contra los Templarios; de hecho la historia me hacía sentir que tenía sentido el urgar entre las memorias genéticas de Desmond...
    Desde el tercer juego y sus los combates navales comencé a sentir que me aburría. Pero ahora las microtransacciones, el leveling, y el elemento de role, es demasiado. Tenían algo bueno, pero en verdad lo destruyeron.
    Expand
  59. Dec 10, 2018
    1
    Ubisoft has taken the word "boring game" to a new level. A beautiful world and a so empty game. Hundrends of quests without meaning, a marker chasing game. Fast pacing crap for kids. You will never learn the very big map cause the game doesn't help you to. Last good assassin's creed was the black flag one. Pass it for your wallet's and time's sake.
  60. Feb 10, 2019
    0
    While it's definitely not the worst ubisoft game ever made, I found the characters uninteresting, the landscape and delving into crypts and tombs of pharaohs had potential, but ultimately falls short of expectation. Also if the historical setting could be even vaguely historical, that would be great. Throwing a pyramid in it does not make it a re-enactment of actual events. I thought partsWhile it's definitely not the worst ubisoft game ever made, I found the characters uninteresting, the landscape and delving into crypts and tombs of pharaohs had potential, but ultimately falls short of expectation. Also if the historical setting could be even vaguely historical, that would be great. Throwing a pyramid in it does not make it a re-enactment of actual events. I thought parts were cool or at least could have been, but I quickly grew bored to tears of it and never played it again. Never regretting the decision or even having the thought of giving it another try re-emerge into my mind. The quests are uninspired and feel more like work than playing a game or enjoying a storyline. I have played every AC and this one is the worst or 2nd worst Expand
  61. Dec 11, 2020
    10
    Great story and well portrayed characters made me play this game for 100+ hours. Definitely will play this game again in the future!
  62. Jun 19, 2018
    7
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed Origins is a fun game. It is a game, for me, that I can come back and play to pass up time, however, the story and side quest are very lacking. It is boring story, and silly. I laugh at what was supposed to be serious moments into the game because it is so ridiculous and done so poorly at executing the vibe that it was trying to get. For instance, when you accidentally killed your son in the flashback. That was one of the poorest executed sad moment in story telling that I've seen in a really long time. Also, the combat is a bit buggy and can be very laggy when executing commands. It is trying to be a bloodborne/dark souls combat style by making try and dodge and roll all over the place in conflict, and it isn't done right. Anyways, despite its major flaw in telling an engaging story and occasional lacking gameplay, it is still an over all fun game that has a lot to do. The world is pretty cool and reminds me of far cry by the random animals that can kill you. I enjoy the hunting and crafting and upgrading aspect of the game. You can mold your character to play how you want him to play like an rpg. It has fun moments, it has dull moments, but it isn't an unbearable game. I am glad I got it on sale for 50% off, because if I did not, I would be pretty upset paying for this game that is from a AAA developer. If you do not have this game, waiting for a sale will feel more justifiable solution. Expand
  63. Sep 17, 2019
    0
    in game purchases, some of the content has been stretched out so muxh it's really obvious they want to sell you the booster packs
  64. Mar 3, 2018
    1
    Всё бы хорошо , если бы не донат !

    уверен вы эту оценку накрутили
  65. Jun 20, 2018
    4
    Игру ждал, игру получил.
    Плюсы-огромный открытый мир, интересные сайд квесты, прекрасный и красивый открытый мир,
    Минусы- тупые боты(они глухие, слепые а также у них скалероз) надоевший волхак( ака орлиное зрение) слишком много ботов которых надо в огромном количестве изничтожать(зачем надо было делать из Assasin Call of Duty) Ужасный цветовой фильтр(излишняя желтизна), отвратная
    Игру ждал, игру получил.
    Плюсы-огромный открытый мир, интересные сайд квесты, прекрасный и красивый открытый мир,
    Минусы- тупые боты(они глухие, слепые а также у них скалероз) надоевший волхак( ака орлиное зрение) слишком много ботов которых надо в огромном количестве изничтожать(зачем надо было делать из Assasin Call of Duty) Ужасный цветовой фильтр(излишняя желтизна), отвратная графика, самый скушный главный герой во всей серии Assasins Creed,
    Expand
  66. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    beautiful world, engaging combat, and rich story! That extra year really payed off, the game is really well polished, no crashes, Egypt looks amazing, combat is dark souls on easy mode(which is great fun!) and the story was pretty decent. I hope this isn't a one time deal with ubisoft and that all future AC games are well made like this one.
  67. Oct 27, 2017
    9
    Was worth waiting for this game. I’ve played all Assassin’s Creed games since the first one. And for me Origins took the crown of Assassin’s Creed 2, as the best AC game. Not a perfect game but Ubi is in the correct way. It has a nice combat system, great graphics, good story and great mechanics/rpg elements.
  68. Oct 30, 2017
    10
    This is hands down one of the best Ubisoft games to date. They took some of the best qualities from the franchise and adapted some new ones from some of the best RPG's out there. This is the first time in a long time I wasn't yawning halfway through the main story. This has to be hands down one of the greatest settings for a videogame. No more lame buildings with the same look every 2This is hands down one of the best Ubisoft games to date. They took some of the best qualities from the franchise and adapted some new ones from some of the best RPG's out there. This is the first time in a long time I wasn't yawning halfway through the main story. This has to be hands down one of the greatest settings for a videogame. No more lame buildings with the same look every 2 minutes. Each zone has its own unique look and feel. The combat did feel a little clunky at first, but honestly, I was just bad at the game. Levels 2,3,4,5 I was getting schooled 1v1 by some enemies. Once I got out of the old habit of trying to spam kill and adapted strategy, by level 6 I was 5v1ing these enemies. They also streamlined gathering too. No crappy animation to wait for, just kill and loot. Oh, and the skill tree is actually a skill tree with something to look forward to. No stupid 5% damage buff crap. You actually get new skills. I was actually thinking about passing this up because that's what I've done the past few years. I'm so glad I didn't. This game is a blast to play. Oh, and to the crybabies whining about micro transactions here's a little tip for you... You don't HAVE to buy them. I don't get why anyone would but obviously people do or they wouldn't be in the game. Look at it this way. If you could get paid a little more money for your work, would you? Now shut up and go make a better game. Expand
  69. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    after assasisn creed 3 i lost interest in the series, black flag was great but not the same, i can happily say this assasins creed brought me back to the series
  70. Nov 4, 2017
    10
    This is a great game and I wouldn't take the hate bombing from people who probably haven't even played it. For one this AC has the best map, the open world I feel is perfected in this entry. Being able to see the massive pyramids from many different locations far away on the map makes it feel like one big neighborhood and ties everything together nicely. The combat has been redone as wellThis is a great game and I wouldn't take the hate bombing from people who probably haven't even played it. For one this AC has the best map, the open world I feel is perfected in this entry. Being able to see the massive pyramids from many different locations far away on the map makes it feel like one big neighborhood and ties everything together nicely. The combat has been redone as well to make it a bit more challenging and in depth. Before the combat was merely like Batman and relied heavily on counters, now it has more of an action rpg feel to it where you lock on to targets and fight a bit more tactfully. There is also much more variety, 4 different types of bows, and a gear system.

    Egypt is probably the most beautifully done areas they have presented thus far. I have not encountered any bugs, although I know many AC games have this I have yet to encounter any. I would not take reviews seriously that overblow this or act like they played half the game and saw bugs everywhere. It simply isn't true. This is a fantastic return for Assassin's Creed however people will hate on it because of the name alone, 10/10 for me. Awesome new display of currently technology. Forgot to mention that the designs of Egypt, weapons, outfits.. are OUTSTANDING. Special props to the team who does the designs, the level of detail is always impressive in AC and something I thoroughly have enjoyed in Origins.
    Expand
  71. Oct 29, 2017
    10
    Tolle/stimmige Welt, gut inszenierte Quests, motivierendes Erkunden und glaubhafte Charaktere.
    Das Kampfsystem macht Laune und endlich ist man nicht mehr übermächtig.
    Technisch auch 1a.
    Für mich das beste AC bisher.
  72. Oct 27, 2017
    9
    1 ano sem AC fez bem a franquia, o jogo ta bem mais trabalhado tanto no gameplay quanto na otimização, a historia e as missões secundarias te motivam a finaliza-las. Bayek certamente é mais carismático do que alguns protagonistas do jogos anteriores.
  73. Nov 2, 2017
    9
    Pretty good game and I would actually put it above Black Flag but below the legendary Brotherhood. I really like the new ARPG elements but really hated he progression based main mission constraints. Ned to level up before I can progress the story. Having said that the game does not feel like a chore to me and I am already 28 hours in. I see some complained about the new combat system.Pretty good game and I would actually put it above Black Flag but below the legendary Brotherhood. I really like the new ARPG elements but really hated he progression based main mission constraints. Ned to level up before I can progress the story. Having said that the game does not feel like a chore to me and I am already 28 hours in. I see some complained about the new combat system. Again I love it because it's very Witcher 3. Horizon Zero Dawn and Dark Souls like. You really need to choose the right weapon for different enemy. Heavy blunts for shielded foes and roman blade is good enough for low level guards.

    It's the change that AC needed after Unity and Syndicate were pretty much just by the numbers sequels. I am sure some AC hardcore fans will hate the major changes but lets be honest that the new game is more challenging and fun. Now let's hope Ubisoft will keep the 2 year cycle because you can see the big changes they made. NO more incremental annual release.

    A note on microtrancs. I never used it. You can get the same rare gears as sold by Nomad Camp by talking to him once a day. A unique 24hour mission will be open to you and the loot will either be rare or legendary. Pay to win? Sure if you are too lazy.
    Expand
  74. Oct 30, 2017
    9
    This is an excellent entry into the series and is very deserving of all the praise it has been getting in the past few days. Taking a year off was exactly what this game needed to breathe some fresh air and jump start the game once again. i would definitely pick it up if you are on the fence.
  75. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Ubisoft build a beautiful game, poor graphics and corrupted animation can not stop you from enjoying this sweet story. This game is the best Ubisoft game in the eighth generation.
  76. Oct 28, 2017
    9
    ubisoft con anteriores entregas de esta saga se habia ganado una mala reputacion,pero con origins porfin hicieron algo bien es un juego maravilloso con cantidad dede exploracion de seguro la pasaras increible
  77. Nov 2, 2017
    10
    Assassin's Creed Origins is amazing, clearly the best game since the Ezio Trilogy. Everything about this game is beautiful, lots of hidden secrets, and side quest is not repetitive at all.. remind me about The Witcher 3.

    Ah and don't forget, we can pet cats!

    Thanks Ubisoft, Ashraf and the team, you did a fantastic job!
  78. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Assassin's Creed Origins is, without a doubt, the best entry in the series since Assassin's Creed III. Fixes almost every issue seen in Unity and Syndicate, and fully embraces an open world that feels really good. The combat mechanics, the variety in both main and side quests and the wonderful egipcian atmosphere are its best assets to take your time as hostage. However, the game startsAssassin's Creed Origins is, without a doubt, the best entry in the series since Assassin's Creed III. Fixes almost every issue seen in Unity and Syndicate, and fully embraces an open world that feels really good. The combat mechanics, the variety in both main and side quests and the wonderful egipcian atmosphere are its best assets to take your time as hostage. However, the game starts poorly, something that could have changed the way it's seen. I want to personally praise Ubisoft didactic intentions with this entry, that will be remembered as a paradigm of the educational possibilities of a videogame. Expand
  79. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    that can i say, i was really woriied about this assassins creed because it changed so much but it is suprisingly a great game, i really think the extra year payed off
  80. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    This ACO is a perfect back of assassin's creed.
    L'egypte is simply beautiful, the gameplay is amazing and really good.
    Thank you ubisoft for the big back !
  81. Oct 27, 2017
    9
    Today morning I couldn’t decide what game should I buy - I had two options - Assassin or Wolfeinstein. Because a lot of open world adventures with 50+ hours to finish, I was slightly more tended to new Wolf, but in the end, when I showed up in the gameshop, In the end I chose this one...now I know my decision was right. This game is like a fresh wind in the series, one year break reallyToday morning I couldn’t decide what game should I buy - I had two options - Assassin or Wolfeinstein. Because a lot of open world adventures with 50+ hours to finish, I was slightly more tended to new Wolf, but in the end, when I showed up in the gameshop, In the end I chose this one...now I know my decision was right. This game is like a fresh wind in the series, one year break really helped here. There are a lot of changes compared to the sequels. So far, now I have about 5 hours behind and I’m enjoying this like no other similar game this year, especially when I compare this game with recently released Shadow of War, which was imho quite big disappointment. The graphics are amazing (PS4 Pro), gameplay is smooth and immersive, combat feels like "souls games" - of course a bit simplified. The story is classical revenge motivated cliche, but in games like this it really does not matter. Also loot system is very satisfying and motivating. There is only one thing I could criticize - framedrops in prologue. Overall I must recommend this game to any player, who likes action adventures. This are my first feelings after about 5 hours, so it’s of course possible to change opinion and score after few dozens more. Expand
  82. Nov 11, 2017
    10
    I'm really enjoying the game so far. Micro transactions seem to be a common thing in most games these days, but thankfully not participating in them takes nothing away from the game. I've played every Assassins Creed game and enjoyed them all, some more than others. For me at least, this has to be my favourite since Brotherhood. Highly recommended.
  83. Jan 7, 2018
    8
    I myself am a fan of the Assassin's creed series since its very first part. And the most basic thing that clings in every part of this game series is a phenomenal study of the world. Whether it's Italy of the Renaissance, Paris or London - each location was worked out with great care, which, incidentally, not everyone notices.

    For example: recently there was a transfer on the channel
    I myself am a fan of the Assassin's creed series since its very first part. And the most basic thing that clings in every part of this game series is a phenomenal study of the world. Whether it's Italy of the Renaissance, Paris or London - each location was worked out with great care, which, incidentally, not everyone notices.

    For example: recently there was a transfer on the channel Discovery, which told about London, in particular, about the building of Parliament: how it was built, in what year, etc. They told us what materials the roofs were used for, and even what rivets were used for fastening.
    Without thinking twice, I, of course, went to check it out in the game. And what was my surprise when, on the same building of Parliament, I saw the same roof as in reality - the same materials, the same color of sheets and the same rivets.

    This shows how Ubisoft works through the worlds. And with each new part they raise this bar.

    Concerning Assassins creed Origins is a completely new, in all senses, revolutionary part of the series.
    An interesting plot, a really huge Egypt and a detailed study of the world. Musical accompaniment also did not disappoint.

    The only drawback I can see is the abundance of bugs. They are not critical and do not seriously interfere with the enjoyment of the gameplay, but the overall impression, of course, spoils. We are waiting for patches.

    In general, Ubisoft did what was expected of it - breathed new life into the series of Assassin's creed. She took all the best from the past parts and added a lot of new.
    Expand
  84. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Assassin’s Creed Origins is one of the best open-world action games of this generation. The setting is quite evocative, the plot is engaging and there are also good endgame activities. The Creed is reborn.
  85. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    The combat is challenging and thoughtful, and while the loot system doesn’t match up to games like Destiny 2, there are enough different weapon types and enough enemy variety to keep you swapping between weapons, catered to the situation. The RPG elements encourage challenges of their own, and even despite a handful of bugs, I desperately wanted to keep playing
  86. Nov 6, 2017
    10
    Way better than expected - AC:O shines both on the storytelling and the graphics fronts. The experience is unbelievably immersive, and gameplay flows effortlessly. This is the best AC since IV. Thoroughly impressed!

    A few more updates now that i am further in: The graphics are beyond anything I have seen on the PS4 so far, with the possible exception of Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's
    Way better than expected - AC:O shines both on the storytelling and the graphics fronts. The experience is unbelievably immersive, and gameplay flows effortlessly. This is the best AC since IV. Thoroughly impressed!

    A few more updates now that i am further in:
    The graphics are beyond anything I have seen on the PS4 so far, with the possible exception of Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's interesting to see two games from such different corners converge on phenomenal open world magic, and i can't wait for game developer details about the underlying engine.

    I am really please with the main story line and side quests - both are extremely well scripted, and don't have the feeling of rote going through the motions I've had in recent Bioware games. I just played through a series of side quests in the wrong order, discovered that they still worked real well and was amazed at how they were tied together (if you had missed the first two that I did you would find them as part of doing the third and they would logically tie together). Some people appear to have put a lot of thought into this, and they clearly were very successful.

    I have not encountered bugs or performance issues in gameplay, which for a game of this scope this close to release is quite frankly astounding. I supposed playing the console version helps (controlled environment), but the experience is rock solid and compares favourably to the previous two iterations of the franchise.

    The locations are another high point for me - the different provinces each have a unique feel and the elements (houses, furniture) don't feel repetitive. To add sugar on top, you can see other provinces from pretty much everywhere.
    Expand
  87. Oct 27, 2017
    9
    Truly a step above games in this genre, AC:O breathes in new life to a series that desperately needed it.
    I expected to get an hour of playtime upon it's Steam launch yesterday, but I ended up playing this game for 11 hours straight, and now while teaching my students in the classroom, all I can think about is this game. It's so stellar that I am shirking my teacher-duties writing this
    Truly a step above games in this genre, AC:O breathes in new life to a series that desperately needed it.
    I expected to get an hour of playtime upon it's Steam launch yesterday, but I ended up playing this game for 11 hours straight, and now while teaching my students in the classroom, all I can think about is this game. It's so stellar that I am shirking my teacher-duties writing this review. Here is the gist:
    PROS:
    (1) Way better story-telling than before
    (2) Great setting , unique from other games of the genre
    (3) Very cool characters and a plot full of intrigue
    (4) Combat is actually challenging at points, fast-paced and satisfying
    (5) New gameplay mechanics, like eagle vision, make your actions feel organic

    CONS:
    (1) Numerous glitches
    (2) Some predictable points in the story-line
    (3) AI is smarter than before, but still kinda dumb

    All in all, it actually revived my love for open world games; perhaps this whole year did, with Zero Dawn, Shadow of War (despite the micro-transactions), Legend of Zelda: BotW, and even ME:A (after that atrocity of a game was **** patched).
    Expand
  88. Oct 27, 2017
    8
    After 10 hours of playing the impression is that: another missed opportunity for ubisoft. Assassins Creed Origins has a wonderful graphics, good sound and lots to do. The serious problem concerns gameplay: the new combat system does not convince. The combo and skill movements seems lagging and some missions are boring and similar. They should have given more importance to the stealth andAfter 10 hours of playing the impression is that: another missed opportunity for ubisoft. Assassins Creed Origins has a wonderful graphics, good sound and lots to do. The serious problem concerns gameplay: the new combat system does not convince. The combo and skill movements seems lagging and some missions are boring and similar. They should have given more importance to the stealth and for the boss fights introducing a similar system to for honor. However ac origins is a good game but not a the great game which we expected Expand
  89. Oct 28, 2017
    10
    One of the best gaming experience of the year. The story is beautifule if you explore a bit and find hidden clues about Bayek past. The music is amazing too its exactly the theme that you can imagine for ancient Egypt. And at last but not least its one of the most living open world i ever saw.
  90. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Assassin’s Creed Origins is one of the best open-world action games of this generation. The setting is quite evocative, the plot is engaging and there are also good endgame activities. The Creed is reborn.
  91. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    overall assassins creed origins is a nice return from the terrible games like unity and assassins creed syndicate, also it is the moest interesting character since ezio
  92. Oct 27, 2017
    10
    Assassin’s Creed Origins improves from its past few installments in almost every way, yet it never quite reaches the heights of the games it tries to emulate. Its combat isn’t Dark Souls level. Its quests aren’t The Witcher 3 level. Its open world isn’t…well honestly, this might actually be one of the most impressive virtual spaces I’ve ever seen, so credit where it’s due there. I do haveAssassin’s Creed Origins improves from its past few installments in almost every way, yet it never quite reaches the heights of the games it tries to emulate. Its combat isn’t Dark Souls level. Its quests aren’t The Witcher 3 level. Its open world isn’t…well honestly, this might actually be one of the most impressive virtual spaces I’ve ever seen, so credit where it’s due there. I do have to imagine that if you ever have loved a game in the Assassin’s Creed series that you’ll enjoy what Origins does here, but also if you don’t have 60+ hours to sink into a game as absolutely massive as this one, I don’t blame you either. But I enjoyed my time with it, more so than I was even expecting, having thought I had burned out on this franchise for good. Expand
  93. Oct 28, 2017
    10
    Absolutely incredible game. Visually stunning, amazing story, great gameplay/ This game evne better then black flag and ac2
    Ubi you are awesome
    Assassins is finally back
  94. Oct 28, 2017
    10
    Played for a couple hours I have no issues at all, everything runs smooth for me and the game has not crashed.

    Visuals are amazing, I love that you get flashback missions not just cutscenes when something big happens like killing a high-rank enemy, giving you a backstory to the point of why your taking dow
  95. Nov 4, 2017
    9
    The best AC I ever played. I really don't understand these scores, I'm having a blast with this game. It's a solid 9 for me.
    People complain on the itens being sold on the store but can (and should) just ignore.
  96. Nov 14, 2017
    9
    When I first purchased this game, I was filled with both with both hope and worry. I was worried because in my opinion it has been a long time since there was a good assassins creed game and I didn't want the potential of the great setting and historical to be wasted on another disappointing game in what felt like a dying series. On the other hand, I was hopeful due to the game beingWhen I first purchased this game, I was filled with both with both hope and worry. I was worried because in my opinion it has been a long time since there was a good assassins creed game and I didn't want the potential of the great setting and historical to be wasted on another disappointing game in what felt like a dying series. On the other hand, I was hopeful due to the game being developed by the team which made Assassins Creed Black Flag, which in my opinion was the best game in the series. Plus they had an extra year of development on the game which I hoped would help revive the series. Thankfully, the hopeful side of me was rewarded and I was given a great game that is easily up there in terms of quality with Black Flag and the Ezio Trilogy. The game's setting and graphics are both incredibly beautiful. Egypt in this game is enormous and looks fantastic, with many different kinds of environments ranging from vast deserts to lush rainforests. The gameplay is a much needed improvement for the series. The best way I can describe it is a mix of The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls. It has a similar lock on system and fighting styles to the souls series, with different weapon types each having their own unique styles and are suited for different types of ways to fight enemies. The dodging and movement feels very much like The Witcher 3, everything feeling very fluid and natural. The combat isn't the only thing the game borrows from the Witcher, as in a lot of ways it feels more like The Witcher 3 than an assassins creed game. While this might upset some fans of the series, to me it feels like a much needed change of pace. the map and how missions work are the things that are most similar to the witcher. The map consists of various question marks across the map to investigate and each are has a level cap where you probably shouldn't go to unless you are at least 2 or 3 levels behind what it tells you is the recommended level. There are around 60 sidequests in the game, with some of the quality of them being hit or miss. Some are simple fetch quests that aren't super interesting, while others having interesting stories them. As for the story, it is one of the stronger stories in the assassin’s creed series. It is fairly similar to the setup in Assassins Creed 2, with it being about the main character Bayek going on a revenge quest. While the setup itself is nothing really groundbreaking, it is the characters that really propel the story into being one of the more intriguing one’s in the series. Bayek, the protagonist in the story, is very good. He’s family man who suffered a tragedy in said family that sets up his quest for revenge. He has a lot of emotion to him and you really feel for him in the struggle that he is going through. Thankfully, unlike Connor from Assassins Creed 3, he is not completely one note. He is very noble and has a strong sense of morality, who is extremely dedicated to his wife and to helping the people of Egypt. He is charismatic as well, not afraid to crack a joke once in a while and has good chemistry with the characters around him. Thankfully he is not too jokey, because he doesn’t fall into the dashing funnyman rogue archetype that the assassins creed series has overused with many of its characters. Bayek’s wife Aya is also a standout in the story. She is very capable in her own right and is very dedicated to helping people similar to Bayek. The chemistry between Aya and Bayek is great. While they love and are very devoted to each other, both have different opinions on how they should be doing things. This along with the stress of a family tragedy they’ve experienced, provides an interesting subplot to the main story with the characters having trouble trying to coincide the love they feel for one with some disagreements that they have with one another. She often steals the show in the scenes that she appears in, and some individual missions where you get to play as her is a lot of fun. Assassins Creed Origins is a great game and is well rounded in all areas. Hopefully Ubisoft will take the hint and continue to not release these games annually, as in my opinion this has helped the series return to the kind of quality that it used to have. Expand
  97. Oct 28, 2017
    10
    1 ano sem AC fez bem a franquia, o jogo ta bem mais trabalhado tanto no gameplay quanto na otimização, a historia e as missões secundarias te motivam a finaliza-las. Bayek certamente é mais carismático do que alguns protagonistas do jogos anteriores.
  98. Nov 7, 2017
    9
    Finally, Assassins Creed returns to its roots and delivers the gamer with an experience like Brotherhood on steroids! The RPG style game mixed with combat where you can no longer maul an infinite amount of soldiers, is the perfect tweak this franchise needed. I am a very critical gamer and I play a select handful of games, and I am also very critical of UBISOFT in general, but this game isFinally, Assassins Creed returns to its roots and delivers the gamer with an experience like Brotherhood on steroids! The RPG style game mixed with combat where you can no longer maul an infinite amount of soldiers, is the perfect tweak this franchise needed. I am a very critical gamer and I play a select handful of games, and I am also very critical of UBISOFT in general, but this game is freakin amazing! Expand
  99. Oct 28, 2017
    10
    Seems like that one year hiatus delivered after all. Simply put, this is the best Assassin's Creed game so far. A return to form and one of the best open world games of this generation.
  100. Oct 28, 2017
    8
    Gameplay 8/10 The new system played a pretty good and comfortable
    World 7/10 big,beautiful but completely non-interactive
    Setting 9/10 Very cool and interesting setting ,you have the whole of Egypt with its mysteries and all the rest Graphics 8/10 Looks nice,like to play with such a big open world without any downloads story 8/10 So interesting play in game,where you will learn how to
    Gameplay 8/10 The new system played a pretty good and comfortable
    World 7/10 big,beautiful but completely non-interactive
    Setting 9/10 Very cool and interesting setting ,you have the whole of Egypt with its mysteries and all the rest
    Graphics 8/10 Looks nice,like to play with such a big open world without any downloads
    story 8/10 So interesting play in game,where you will learn how to create this order and what's behind it all
    Expand
Metascore
81

Generally favorable reviews - based on 63 Critic Reviews

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 53 out of 63
  2. Negative: 0 out of 63
  1. Jan 2, 2018
    75
    Assassin's Creed: Origins is the best game in the series, but it's a mediocre action RPG at its core. In this sense, it both succeeds and fails at being a much-needed franchise shakeup.
  2. Dec 29, 2017
    85
    Origins is the newest installment in rather worn out series and a much appreciated and needed refresh. New combat and graphically fantastic environment with tons of content will gave you some nice moments. The game is not a blast but it is a proof that AC is back on the right track again, for now.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 15, 2017
    90
    With a beautiful world you'll repeatedly die for and lethal toys to play with, Assassin's Creed Origins finally delivers the game you always wanted from the series. Brilliant. [Christmas 2017, p.87]