7.2

1. Jan 2, 2018
    The best Assassin's Creed game by a mile, and maybe the best Ubisoft game. The combat is exceptional. Think Witcher 3 with more weapons (though this is not on the level of that game, but few are). The world feels as alive as any world ever, up there with GTA V, Witcher 3, and The Last of Us. Graphics are top notch. And no bugs!!!
  2. Oct 29, 2017
    Best Assassins creed game since Black Flag! Love the world of Ancient Egypt and love Byak as a ”Assassins”! For me this is a game of the year!!! Good job Ubisoft
  3. Oct 27, 2017
    Played for a couple hours I have no issues at all, everything runs smooth for me and the game has not crashed.

Visuals are amazing, I love that you get flashback missions not just cutscenes when something big happens like killing a high-rank enemy, giving you a backstory to the point of why your taking down this high rank masked one etc. the map is quite big bigger than any AC universe and if you wanna 100% this game then it will take you some time.

Struggling a little with combat I'm so used to countering then killing like all the other AC games if you think the combat is simple compared to the other games your in for a little surprise!

YES! there is a Helix credit system, so for people who don't have time to grind can buy in-game currency to spend and some weapons can be unlocked via Uplay credits which are free to earn via your Uplay account anyway. I personally don't buy in-game content at all and only believe that if micro-transactions are on multiplayer games it is unfair.... for single player games the only things you buy with your real money for in-game currency..... if you even want to buy them only affects your personal experience for campaign, not like GTA Online, Battlefield, Battlefront 1 & 2 Loot Packs etc etc so for single player content i don't mind but I personally don't buy content from any game I play!

Apart from that 10/10 definately an upgrade for syndicate and the bugged monster Unity!

Would recommend.
  4. Oct 31, 2017
    HONEST REVIEW: 4/10 mediocre. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from this game but it certainly wasn't what I got. First off, just like with AC4 this game simply doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game and the protagonist never really feels like an assassin. As a fan of the series who has played every installment, I can tell you for a fact that this game feels much more like a crossHONEST REVIEW: 4/10 mediocre. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from this game but it certainly wasn't what I got. First off, just like with AC4 this game simply doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game and the protagonist never really feels like an assassin. As a fan of the series who has played every installment, I can tell you for a fact that this game feels much more like a cross between Farcry and AC, and this isn't a good thing. If you were hoping to experience dashing across the rooftops of Rome or Venice, like in previous titles, then think again. There is very little in the way of verticality in this game and unlike in AC4 where you had verticality in the wilderness, in ACO you have desert, flat, dead desert. Those who are comparing it to Horizon Zero Dawn are correct, as most "assassinations" happen by whistling people over to the tall grass and then assassinating them when prompted. And with the new level system there is no more walk up slowly and assassinate two guards simultaneously with your double hidden blades like in previous titles. Quite frankly, you never really feel like an assassin in this game, but rather a warrior who sometimes murders people quietly. The combat system is also garbage. Granted, the combat system in other AC titles wasn't excellent either, it's just that this also takes huge cues from Horizon ZD, and the leveling system ensures that you will simply be murdered by anyone who is too high level for you restricting where you can go and what you can do in this "open world." On the positive side, the world is definitely the biggest we have ever gotten in an AC game, and the graphics are beautiful. The colors and detail is very vibrant. However, the crafting, leveling, skill points, loot system, and leveling up/looting higher level weapons and gear all feels out of place. I see what they were trying to do, they were trying to expand the AC franchise and what can be done, but I can't help but feel like they could have done it better and in a way that would have felt more like an assassin's creed game instead of assassin's farcry. Honestly everything in this game feels like it is mediocre and rushed. I know Ubisoft took a year off to better polish this game, but honestly for what they were trying to accomplish with this game, it needed at least a 4 year development cycle or more to be able to pull it off, without it feeling cheap like it does. There is some fun here, and the story is. . . decent? Because of this I give it a 4, mediocre at best, and only worth a buy after a couple of price drops. Honestly, you would do better to just go get Horizon ZD if you have a PS4 or just skip this title until it's in the sales bin. Expand
  5. Oct 27, 2017
    AC origins took a year off of development and that is shown here. The games new approach to the RPG styled games is the highlight of the game. The recreation of Egypt simply looks flawless and beautiful. The story line starts off good then unfolds into something magical. It's obvious here that the team behind AC origins has played Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3. I'm aware some peopleAC origins took a year off of development and that is shown here. The games new approach to the RPG styled games is the highlight of the game. The recreation of Egypt simply looks flawless and beautiful. The story line starts off good then unfolds into something magical. It's obvious here that the team behind AC origins has played Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3. I'm aware some people may use the story line as a con but lets not forget that the amazing Witcher 3's story was about Geralt finding Ciri (his daughter) but then unfolded into something magical that we all know and love today. AC Origins is a definite day one purchase for me and I highly recommend this purchase. Happy assassinating, Assassins. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2017
    Долгожданный релиз оправдал все ожидания, которые без преувеличения были предельно высоки. Ubisoft переизобрела Assassin's creed! Абсолютно новая механика боя, стелса, паркура. Не знаю как они это сделали, но эргономика dualshock 4 на ps4 великолепно дополняет отличную оптимизацию. Стрельба из лука, точный контроль движений главного героя, что к такому быстрому отклику приходится привыкатьДолгожданный релиз оправдал все ожидания, которые без преувеличения были предельно высоки. Ubisoft переизобрела Assassin's creed! Абсолютно новая механика боя, стелса, паркура. Не знаю как они это сделали, но эргономика dualshock 4 на ps4 великолепно дополняет отличную оптимизацию. Стрельба из лука, точный контроль движений главного героя, что к такому быстрому отклику приходится привыкать заново, интригующий стелс-режим, который во всю используется на тяжелом уровне сложности. Советую к приобретению. Определенно одна из лучших игр индустрии и кандидат на лучшую игру серии. Expand
  7. Oct 27, 2017
    Don't believe the corrupt reviewers who are in the publisher's pocket. While the game is beautiful to look at, everything about it screams low quality and rushed development. If you compare the beginning to the majestic and slow introduction of the AC 3, for example, this falls way short. Enemy AI is weak, and there is tons of bugs literally everywhere, characters stuck in animation loops,Don't believe the corrupt reviewers who are in the publisher's pocket. While the game is beautiful to look at, everything about it screams low quality and rushed development. If you compare the beginning to the majestic and slow introduction of the AC 3, for example, this falls way short. Enemy AI is weak, and there is tons of bugs literally everywhere, characters stuck in animation loops, combat animations skipping erratically, and the eagle does not feel like a bird at all, but like some strange hovercraft/drone. I appreciate the attempt to innovate the combat, but this cake needed way more time in the oven. Expand
  8. Oct 27, 2017
    OMG, this game is so amazing and has most beautiful graphic.. gameplay/combat is great.. Bayek is awesome character.. i didn't notice anything weird yet.. story is very interesting.. Keep up Great job Ashraf Ismail !!!!!! i am enjoying every minutes of it
  9. Oct 27, 2017
    Первые впечатления
    Игра дарит только положительные эмоции. Сколько времени провел и не переставал удивляться.
    Коротко, что я увидел за 6 часов гейплея. Плюсы +Отличная графика +Огромный мир, который теперь интересно исследовать благодаря рпг системе +Боевка мне очень понравилась, прям вообще. Чувствуется как ты дерешься с врагами. (И пофигу на анимацию сражения с бегемотом в воде!)
    Первые впечатления
    Коротко, что я увидел за 6 часов гейплея.
    Плюсы
    +Отличная графика
    +Огромный мир, который теперь интересно исследовать благодаря рпг системе
    +Боевка мне очень понравилась, прям вообще. Чувствуется как ты дерешься с врагами. (И пофигу на анимацию сражения с бегемотом в воде!) Главное как игра ощущается, а не то какая там анимация и другая условность!
    +Интригующий сюжет
    +Куча лорной информации, включая Дезмонта и тд.
    +Зоркие и мощные враги (играл на самом сложном)
    +Запоминающиеся персонажи
    +Появилась жесткость, как по мне, это огромный плюс в копилку! Громадный! (поскольку способствует лучшему восприятию окружения)
    +Все задания уникальны!
    +Видно, что много идей взято, например, из "The Witcher 3". Т.е. не прямо взято, а вдохновлено им, что не может не радовать!
    +Плотва...ой простите, верблюд всегда под рукой)) Топать самому не приходится.
    Минусы
    -Пока я их не нашел
    Итог
    Даже не верю, что Ubisoft вот так взяла и координально поменяла игру. Давно у меня не было такого желания... чисто взять и раствориться в этом виртуальном мире.
  10. Oct 27, 2017
    Finally the time is here
    this game saves the entire franchise and even Ubisoft
    great graphics, awesome story, great character, big sand box open world full of thing to do, gladiator arena, boss fights, boat fights, modern day and many more
    this worth a 60$
    i highly recommend this game for everyone to play
  11. Oct 27, 2017
    Awesome game !!! The Ancient Egypt theme sets up really nice, Bayek of Siwa is an epic character. The game really is something else and puts the franchise in a good light. Try the game and you won't regret it!
  12. Oct 27, 2017
    First things first, this isn't your usual Ubisoft collectathon, and I have to applaud them for taking a step in the right direction. Recent Ubisoft games were filled with boring repetitive side-objectives and stuff to collect without any context. That gave games a little bit of extra padding and added length. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot to do here. There's still a ton of stuffFirst things first, this isn't your usual Ubisoft collectathon, and I have to applaud them for taking a step in the right direction. Recent Ubisoft games were filled with boring repetitive side-objectives and stuff to collect without any context. That gave games a little bit of extra padding and added length. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot to do here. There's still a ton of stuff to do here but it all feels meaningful, a little bit like the Witcher 3. Apart from that, ancient Egypt is really stunning and exploring this beautiful world is actually rewarding. Combat is the best in the series and leveling up, whatever the game, is always fun and addicting.

Overall, it's a great game, the developers were really passionate about making this, and the game reflects their passion and commitment.
  13. Oct 27, 2017
    The best AC game since AC 2. The setting is breath taking, combat is finally decent in an AC game, game runs smooth for me with no crashes. I have to hand it to Ubisoft, they really listened to their fanbase and finally delivered.
  14. Oct 27, 2017
    Worst AC I every played absolutely not historical, fighting system is crap...5/10

Ubi after EA is another world's destroyer...
    .......................
  15. Oct 27, 2017
    Grafics and world looks really good. Combat is Ok but it could be better, Cutscenes could be better they look old and hidden blade is no use anmore...
  16. Oct 27, 2017
    Big world and short story.
    This is the weakest story in all AC games.
    Charater is slow have no agilty.
    Bayek charater is lame not interesting at all.
    Game is very repetative.
    Stealth was way better in older AC games.
    They have the longest cicle for the game to develop and game is not polished.
    AC Black flag is best AC game Origins i know they experimented but is s not so good.
  17. Jul 12, 2019
    Very mediocre. Not good. Not bad. Gameplay isnt fun. Controls are not intuitive. Its just a game with no passion or much thought placed into it. Even very tacted on RPG elements. I rather they stuck to their older routine at what they were good at than forcing this upon us
  18. May 13, 2019
    Tedious, boring and way too long. This is the worst game in the AC franchise and not what I would ever see as an AC game. I loved the idea of Egypt but the game was just so damn tedious. Let's get back to the greatness of Ezio, please.
  19. Sep 13, 2018
    Man this suckssssssssss.I really miss the old assassin's and was a huge fan from the very 1st of their journey till Assassin's Creed Syndicate.But now it all became just another farcry primal thing.You guys should've stick to the assassin's gadget not trash or make them even more sucks.
  20. Oct 9, 2018
    Pensé mucho en comprar el juego y luego de un año lo hago para darme reafirmar que a mi me había enganchado la historia de las dos facciones: Hashashins o Nizaríes contra los Templarios; de hecho la historia me hacía sentir que tenía sentido el urgar entre las memorias genéticas de Desmond...
    Desde el tercer juego y sus los combates navales comencé a sentir que me aburría. Pero ahora las microtransacciones, el leveling, y el elemento de role, es demasiado. Tenían algo bueno, pero en verdad lo destruyeron.
  21. Nov 7, 2019
    It’s a shame at how bland and repetitive AC Origins is. The main quest is slow and boring. It’s gotten to the point where I’m wearing Altair’s outfit just for that little bit of nostalgia. Almost all the side missions are exactly the same. It varies from killing an evil tax man to fetch a papyrus for someone so lazy to carry some dead bodies. Rinse and repeat really. I’ve recently got backIt’s a shame at how bland and repetitive AC Origins is. The main quest is slow and boring. It’s gotten to the point where I’m wearing Altair’s outfit just for that little bit of nostalgia. Almost all the side missions are exactly the same. It varies from killing an evil tax man to fetch a papyrus for someone so lazy to carry some dead bodies. Rinse and repeat really. I’ve recently got back into AC to try and finish them all because I love the original games. But it’s sad how bored I’ve become. As Albert Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results and that’s what AC has become. Developing the same game year in and year out with some cosmetic tweaks and a few admittedly decent unlockables. Expand
  22. Sep 17, 2019
    in game purchases, some of the content has been stretched out so muxh it's really obvious they want to sell you the booster packs
  23. Jun 20, 2018
    At the end of the game, I'm thinking, "WHO THE EFF IS FLAVIUS?!".

At the end of the game, I'm thinking, "WHO THE EFF IS FLAVIUS?!".

This game is NOT anything like The Witcher 3. The sidequests in AC Origins are uninspired, ending up in generic fetch or kill quests, with zero choice and consequence. There are no branching dialog with multiple narrative options. Side quests and main quests are all linear. Based on what it marketed itself to be (saying how Witcher 3 was their inspiration), I was expecting a deep RPG to revolutionize the AC series, but there's no roleplaying at all. Bayek is very stiff and wooden, and poorly written. I don't feel connected to him as I was with Lincoln Clay from Mafia 3 who was also on a revenge mission. This, I surmised, is mainly due to the poor writing and disjointed pace of the narrative as a whole. It feels like they're trying to squeeze in so many things all at once. Also, if you've watched shows like HBO's Rome, or Spartacus or have any knowledge of ancient history, the main plot is so predictable. For me, the mark of a good game is if I never want it to end. With Origins however, I kept checking my playtime when I boot up the game and was just going through the motions and just waiting for the credits to roll. I gave my best to try to get invested in the sidequests but there are no memorable characters at all! All the best RPGs I've ever played had great companions and sidequests that add to those relationships. Games like Dragon Age, Witcher, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, are ao good, they extend my interest beyond the games into books, comics, youtube lore videos etc. Heck even the non-RPG linear action games like Uncharted, Last of Us, Tomb Raider had me connect with the main protagonist. Overall, I would say that the plot in Origins is a major disappointment.

As an RPG, it fails. Having hundreds of loot and different weapons does not make a RPG. The loot system is more similar to Destiny/Diablo/Borderlands. It's very stats based. Armor is purely cosmetic in Origins. I ended up using the same armor and weapons that can e upgraded to current level for the whole game.

Combat is boring button mashing. Charge your heavy attack, dodge and whack. That's the only thing I do for the whole game including bosses, with the occasional use of bow and arrow. Nothing like Bloodborne or even Witcher 3, whose combat I've read from other reviews were supposed to be it's weak point but I found enjoyable due to it's variety of stances and magic use. You can roleplay as a fire/force/shield/traps swordsman and change your playstyle. Not here in Origins.

Stealth is a joke here. If you enjoy stealth games like MGSV, Alien Isolation, Deus Ex, Dishonored, even Ubisoft's own Wildlands, stealth in Origins is so unsatisfying and not immersive. Mainly due to the eagle mechanics which allows you to see through walls once the enemies are tagged. If you try to play without using the eagle, Bayek's weird movements and inability to go prone resulted in me being detected so many times. I love stealth games, but playing stealth here is unsatisfying.

The major positive about this game is it's graphics and world design. Egypt feels authentic. The desert and pyramids blew me away, although I was pretty disappointed with the trees in this game, they were very low quality. The water though is bordering on next gen lol.

I had high hopes for Origins because Ghost Recon Wildlands put my faith back in Ubi after enjoying AC1&2 and then feeling jaded with the yearly release and recycling of their game systems. I guess Wildlands was just an anomaly. Ubi to me is still a good publisher, but not a legendary one.
  24. May 5, 2018
    Honestly the worst AC game of all times, a lot of boring grinding, story is boring, boring side missions, 90% of the game is waiting for something good to happen (spoiler: nothing happens) combat is clunky, game is full of glitches and if you're still going to buy it then get ready to grind!
  25. Nov 20, 2018
    Disclaimer: This is a quick and dirty little text, with no aspiration to achieve linguistic eloquence - I was disappointed and just want to share my impression of the game.
    A long time ago, I was playing Assassin's Creed 1 for a couple of hours and Black Flag for a couple of more hours, but faded off from both due to boredom. After all this positive reviews, stating that this is kind of a refresh to the series, I thought I'd give it another try - maybe there is some joy in it - like I had with 150 hours in Witcher 3 or 70 hours with Horizon. But sadly: No, not - at - all. If you're like me and never got warm with the Ubisoft open worlds (the only game I have finished was Far Cry 3): This game has no different feeling to it than the others. In a nutshell:
    >> great graphics, although less detail work in comparison to other open world games
    >> awful storytelling
    >> bad character development and introduction (a grown man behaving like a 15 year old greenhorn)
    >> clunky and boring combat system
    >> lacking content in comparison to the size of the world
    >> no authentic feeling of ancient Egypt
    >> bugs
    >> Ubisoft-Club ingame promo

So, in conclusio: I will not finish the game too soon or maybe not at all. It is still entertaining for maybe 1-2 hours per week, but after 12 hours in the game nothing interesting happened and (I'm sorry) I can't even deal with this evil face old kid main character.
  26. Apr 14, 2018
    I excepted something much better, based on reviews, than i finally got. Its still same open boring world, only difference to previous titles i have to grind levels, because more than four difference to enemies make them almost immortal. Almost every quest, no matter main story or sub story is like "bla bla bla" my son/daughter/father/mother got arrested by bad soldiers, go to fort,I excepted something much better, based on reviews, than i finally got. Its still same open boring world, only difference to previous titles i have to grind levels, because more than four difference to enemies make them almost immortal. Almost every quest, no matter main story or sub story is like "bla bla bla" my son/daughter/father/mother got arrested by bad soldiers, go to fort, slaughter them all and free him/her.
    Positive aspect is graphic, all those ancient views, pyramids, cities, temples, sculptures and probably best water ingame.
    And one more thing, very negative, shop that offering weapons, craft materials, skillpoints and hidden places guides fo REAL MONEY.
    Summary, nice to watch, bad to play. My advice-rent or buy cheap used copy and explore tour mode.
  27. Apr 21, 2018
    Game with life like graphic, huge and varied open world, improved and engaging battle system and all other things I missed in this franchise...and yet after few hours I felt like I tried everything that the game has to offer and now I see that I really did. Game with lots of quests and activities, using like 5 types of schemes over and over again. Main quests are same as side quests, onlyGame with life like graphic, huge and varied open world, improved and engaging battle system and all other things I missed in this franchise...and yet after few hours I felt like I tried everything that the game has to offer and now I see that I really did. Game with lots of quests and activities, using like 5 types of schemes over and over again. Main quests are same as side quests, only with cut-scenes. And those differences between important and routine was for me the reason I liked assassins creed, there were repetitive side missions, but when main quest came, I felt it and wanted to do best for hero sakes, not in this case. Even without knowing the franchise I believe the game just feel like colourful puzzles put together with duck tape. Despite unattractive activities I found battle system really interesting but sadly after a while boring and skills not important for survival.

Those are my only complains, sadly huge ones. Game as whole feels "Meh" and even beautiful graphic and fascinating locations cant change the fact, I completed this game taking short-cutes so I could move it from Unfinished to Forget-ably Finished
  28. Feb 14, 2018
    While there are notable improvements in this title, relating to key features of the of the game, I would hardly call Assassin's Creed Origins a come back for the Assassin's Creed series. Despite taking a "year off" from releasing a new Assassin's Creed title, Origins feels half baked. The main story line bored me so completely up until the last two missions, I only returned to the mainWhile there are notable improvements in this title, relating to key features of the of the game, I would hardly call Assassin's Creed Origins a come back for the Assassin's Creed series. Despite taking a "year off" from releasing a new Assassin's Creed title, Origins feels half baked. The main story line bored me so completely up until the last two missions, I only returned to the main missions so that I could open up more side missions. This was because, until this point, I felt no drive to find out what happened next in the main story arc of the game. It was terrible at letting me feel like I was making progress towards the end villain, the person that had set this all in motion, despite that being the task the game had set for us from the start. It only handed to us the "small fry" like bait, trying to get the player hooked without giving them everything - not just yet.

While it was nice to see a change from the standard Assassin's Creed combat of Just Stand There and Counter Everyone, there is still work needed to be done on this, especially when it comes to the soft-target-lock-on system, which seemed to forever have me targeting enemies that I simply could not reach, while refusing to hit enemies that were standing right in front of me or ever so slightly to my left.

And let me not forget the massive waste of time, for both me playing the game and surely for the developers who worked on it, the "real world" moments. Where it could have been interesting to see a fresh take on this now that this series is no longer Desmond Creed, these sections were little more than a distraction and a convenient place to take a break from playing.

Overall, despite some improvements on old features that were in desperate need of fixing, and some minor slimming down of game play content that wasn't interesting or way too time consuming, I am disappointed in this game. I've enjoyed the Assassin's Creed series since the first time I played the original, and I had hoped that it would make a return from its slump with this title, this is not the case. I can only hope that it tries to get better again (maybe in another two years time?) or Ubisoft lets the series go before it's too late.

Also, there are Loot Boxes and Mircotrasactions in this game - a game that had multiple release editions, and has a Session Pass, and DLC. They aren't in your face, but they are there. Just so you know.
  29. Aug 20, 2018
    Although this is in my opinion the best Assassins creed game in terms of gameplay and graphics, the game as a whole really falls short and stops being interesting pretty quickly. This is mainly due too the levelling system which although helpful does limit the players ability to free roam until they are around level 30 unless, you enjoy a challenge as most of the animals you will find canAlthough this is in my opinion the best Assassins creed game in terms of gameplay and graphics, the game as a whole really falls short and stops being interesting pretty quickly. This is mainly due too the levelling system which although helpful does limit the players ability to free roam until they are around level 30 unless, you enjoy a challenge as most of the animals you will find can instantly kill you until you are at least level 11. The game has interesting music and great visuals, but that is pretty much it, some of the game can be really fun and there are great moments. If you are planning to get this game don't unless you believe you can stick out the boring grind of levelling up because once you are high enough level the game gets better as you can go anywhere you want and do anything you want with out death hanging over you shoulder constantly. However as the game only gets going towards the end the fun parts are over quickly. I don't recommend this game it will retire on your shelf far quicker than you think. Expand
  30. Apr 6, 2018
    A lot of things about this game are good, but it turns into a very boring repetitive grind, where you are forced to do a lot of monotonous side quests to be able to do the main story and the main story isn't interesting enough to compel you to do the grind. I can only imagine that the game was designed this way to encourage people to buy micro transactions. Don't buy games with microA lot of things about this game are good, but it turns into a very boring repetitive grind, where you are forced to do a lot of monotonous side quests to be able to do the main story and the main story isn't interesting enough to compel you to do the grind. I can only imagine that the game was designed this way to encourage people to buy micro transactions. Don't buy games with micro transactions, and don't waste your money on this game. I recommend renting it to run around and check out Egypt for a few hours, but the monotony kicks in and there is no reason to torture yourself by actually trying to finish the game. Expand
  31. Dec 10, 2017
    If you're interested in well told stories... skip this one.

I played every main AC game so far and after AC: Syndicate I decided to give up. The present time story wasn't really continued since AC III and the past time stories didn't manage to touch me any more. The villains weren't really well established I just felt like an [rated] killer machine all the time killing thousands (!!)
    If you're interested in well told stories... skip this one.

The present time story wasn't really continued since AC III and the past time stories didn't manage to touch me any more. The villains weren't really well established I just felt like an [rated] killer machine all the time killing thousands (!!) of people I wasn't sure of if they are really that bad.

Then came the good reviews for Origins and I decided to give the series again another try.
    I shouldn't have.

Origins has one of the worst game entries I've played so far - you start not really knowing who you are, where you are and what you are doing - you're just told to kill some guy. Congratulations! You killed one of five villains. The motivation behind it is explained 1-2h later after doing some side quests.
    Another revenge story with the caveat that the game just doesn't take time to make the player feel really involved. One mission isn't enough time to make a player care about a character.

And this is the main problem of the game:
    It feels like the game grew too big for the developers turning out into lackluster and chaotic story telling.
    Aside from your wife no character gets enough stage time to make you really care about them.
    There are tons of characters - friends and foes - but they're just quickly introduced empty hulls.
    It's also super easy to lose the overview.
    At one point they introduce the super villain and the game tries to stage this reveal as a big twist.
    The problem: They never introduced him properly before, so again you just don't care.

The last 3% of the story are actually well done then. The game gets more linear, the game stops introducing new characters and things get finally interesting. But... too late and it's not enough.

The side quests: Yes, they have some small cutscenes now but they neither won't tell you a good story and the tasks are repetitive like hell. No comparison to Witcher III's side quest.

A few words regarding the new RPG elements:
    They didn't really work out. You find new weapons of different types all the time coming in normal, rare, legendary flavors and level depending attributes... but yeah... essentially I just picked the weapon type that worked best and changed the weapon maybe 10 times during the game and didn't even upgrade one.

The skill tree is nice but with the grown size it also lacks those big satisfying game changer skills.
    Each skill just makes you a bit better or gives you a bit more comfort.

The new combat system:
    I understand that the old counter-focused system wore off.
    But I really struggled with the new one as it didn't feel responsive enough.
    Sometimes you feel locked by an enemy and just can't escape while
    taking more and more damage.
    Throwing a smoke grenade turned out to be somewhat a matter of luck.
    Often it just wouldn't trigger or trigger while picking up an item (same button).
    Often you're unsure whether you have any bombs left all - there is no on
    screen display for your gadgets any more.
    Also combat is pretty dull - essentially you're just spamming the light or heavy
    attack button all the time (matter of taste)... and maybe roll now and then. That's it.
    You can also block with your shield but it didn't feel like a good option.
    It's no catastrophy but it's definitely not Dark Souls.

World building:
    Nicely done. There are many different areas from huge cities to tiny villages and pitoresque countryside places. Though: There is virtually no element in the game that would give any real value to explorers. So you're essentially just consulting your game map for your next destination and either quick travel or travel there with your horse (or Camel) taking the shortest path.

AC: Origins with all that production value could have turned out as a really good game.
    But it's a game that preferred mass of content over quality.
    Reducing the amount of main story characters, giving each character more time and reducing the amount of side quests while giving them more love could have worked wonders for me.

So I still keep the Ezio trilogy (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) dear to my heart while finally giving up on the series now. It's okay for escapists who just want to dive into some historic scenario now and then while not really planning to finish the game. But if you care about characters and stories this game really wastes your time.
  32. Feb 17, 2019
    Gameplay/Mechanics: 8.5
    Sound/Music: 8.5
    Graphics/Art: 9
    Story/Atmosphere: 8
    OVERALL: 8.5/10
  33. Jan 27, 2018
    I played every assassins creed except rogue, this is the only assassin's creed that i wanted to end sooner rather than later. i was at around level 27 when it started getting tedious for me. too much dialogues in side quests blah blah blah, save my sister here, my brother is held captive at a different bandit site, the mastermind is in another area, go back to quest giver to finish quest.I played every assassins creed except rogue, this is the only assassin's creed that i wanted to end sooner rather than later. i was at around level 27 when it started getting tedious for me. too much dialogues in side quests blah blah blah, save my sister here, my brother is held captive at a different bandit site, the mastermind is in another area, go back to quest giver to finish quest. repeat. wish i cared about them but i didnt. only character/side quest that was interesting was shadya's. even main quests feels like side quests. something must be definitely wrong if i cant wait for the game to end.
    * i also wish he didnt shave his beard. looked way cooler,
  34. Apr 28, 2018
    After so many disappointing characters in many Assassin's Creed games this character is actually interesting. His love life is also interesting and story kept me intrigued. There's only been 2 good Assassin's creed games in the past in my opinion and that's Assassin's Creed 2 & Assassin's Creed Black Flag. This one made it into the top 3. This is definitely the best Assassin's Creed sinceAfter so many disappointing characters in many Assassin's Creed games this character is actually interesting. His love life is also interesting and story kept me intrigued. There's only been 2 good Assassin's creed games in the past in my opinion and that's Assassin's Creed 2 & Assassin's Creed Black Flag. This one made it into the top 3. This is definitely the best Assassin's Creed since Black flag Expand
  35. Dec 10, 2018
    Ubisoft has taken the word "boring game" to a new level. A beautiful world and a so empty game. Hundrends of quests without meaning, a marker chasing game. Fast pacing crap for kids. You will never learn the very big map cause the game doesn't help you to. Last good assassin's creed was the black flag one. Pass it for your wallet's and time's sake.
  36. Feb 10, 2019
    While it's definitely not the worst ubisoft game ever made, I found the characters uninteresting, the landscape and delving into crypts and tombs of pharaohs had potential, but ultimately falls short of expectation. Also if the historical setting could be even vaguely historical, that would be great. Throwing a pyramid in it does not make it a re-enactment of actual events. I thought partsWhile it's definitely not the worst ubisoft game ever made, I found the characters uninteresting, the landscape and delving into crypts and tombs of pharaohs had potential, but ultimately falls short of expectation. Also if the historical setting could be even vaguely historical, that would be great. Throwing a pyramid in it does not make it a re-enactment of actual events. I thought parts were cool or at least could have been, but I quickly grew bored to tears of it and never played it again. Never regretting the decision or even having the thought of giving it another try re-emerge into my mind. The quests are uninspired and feel more like work than playing a game or enjoying a storyline. I have played every AC and this one is the worst or 2nd worst Expand
  37. Nov 22, 2017
    The game itself is actually pretty fun, it's the leveling system that makes me have to give this a 3 because if they keep using this same system in future AC games it will be very disappointing, so sorry but it really does make the game more miserable to play.
  38. Dec 26, 2017
    It's a good game. Solid graphics and environments that are always an AC staple. While it's a step in the right direction I think they took 2 steps back with the implementation of the RPG/ Micro-Transaction elements. This is essientially AC: The Skyrim version. You are forced to skip elements of the game because you're character is too weak to tackle said temple or fort. Where as the oldIt's a good game. Solid graphics and environments that are always an AC staple. While it's a step in the right direction I think they took 2 steps back with the implementation of the RPG/ Micro-Transaction elements. This is essientially AC: The Skyrim version. You are forced to skip elements of the game because you're character is too weak to tackle said temple or fort. Where as the old games made you more powerful through acquiring upgrades to equipment but never impeded your progress, here you become stronger simply by collecting XP and anything above your own level is instant death. So simply playing the game using stealth and action is not enough in the new and improved AC. Come across a foe with a read skull of death icon above their head and you better run. It makes no sense whatsoever. I cleared out a temple in an area that had bandits at my level. Not far away I discovered another fort with the same exact generic bandits but you can't stealth kill them for the arbitrary reason that they are at too high a level. Instead they reverse the move and then proceed to one hit insta kill you while your attacks do nothing. Why? Because this generic "Bandit Leader" is level 20 but his twin brother you just killed not far away was only level 5. LOL! I say a knife or an arrow to the head should pretty much be an instant takedown. Enemies should be harder because they have better protection like say helmets to protect from arrows and they are better at detecting you as you sneak.

Everything has a level, including equipment, but you can't equip something that is too much higher than you're own level. Confusing? Yes, that spear looks exactly like the one you have equipped, but you can't use it because it's level 10, and you are only level 5 for instance. It's just dumb and does not fit the rest of the gameplay aspects of AC. You have a huge world to explore but are restricted to only interacting with enemies who are equal or of lesser class than you. It makes the game world completely disjointed as you'll discover cool things and then have to pass up exploring because the enemies are twice your strength or the quest level is twice your level. It turns the whole game into an unnecessary grind.

Oh and the upgrade grind is here as well which at this point is a ubisoft staple of gameplay. You'll need x amount of leather and y amount of copper to craft z upgrade. It's a never ending push to collect materials for tiny increments of improvement to your gear. What a slog.

On top of that, combat is just not very good but at least the stealth is as good as previous AC games. It's hard to give a bad score to this game because it really is entertaining as long as you follow the beaten path and the Egyptian landscape looks fantastic. The Pyramids tower in the distance and climbing around feels great. The story is also ok I guess. It's a shame they decided to lock everything behind a completely unnecessary grind wall that you can speed up with extra money. That's right, you can buy boosts all day and you'll be level 40 in about 5 minutes and have all legend gear. Just spend another 50 bucks and the you're faced with zero gameplay restrictions since you're at the top level. The game even sends you messages while you're playing that a quick xp boost is just a click away. It's just awful what micro-transactions have done to gaming in general. This game suffers in that regard as is evident by the disjointed leveling system which serves only one purpose: impede your progress. Shame, but ultimately still a solid game once you reach a respectable xp level.
  39. Nov 8, 2017
    I can Understand why there are many negative reviews for this game. I mean it has microtransactions in a single player game.

I must admit... I'm having fun with this game. Huge open world with a lot of RPG elements. I am a sucker for these kind of games. A lot of (good) elements taken straight from The Witcher 3. This game has more END-game content than Destiny 2. Overall a very nice

Overall a very nice game. Normally i would score this a 7/10. But with those micro-transactions i will give it a 6/10.
  40. Feb 13, 2018
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 84/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10
  41. Apr 24, 2018
    A welcome change to the series. Let’s be honest, it needed it. Hopefully this is just the start of the revamp and Ubisoft keep tweaking and making worthwhile changes to the old stale creed formula.
  42. Oct 27, 2017
    Played 7 hours so far and it's such a beautiful and amazing game. The sheer scope of the world leaves you breathless at the start, and after a couple of main missions you become invested in Bayek and care about his journey. Real world out of animus stuff I'm not a fan of but nice to see it isn't as dull as Black Flag where you had to wander around for ages. Can't wait to play this more.
  43. Nov 1, 2017
    I've been playing the Assassins Creed series from the beginning, only having missed the "Rogue" entry being on last gen systems. Up until this point Revelations and Black Flag had been my favorite installments with fantastic storytelling and intriguing gameplay mechanics.

When I booted up Origins, the first reaction I had was wow there is a overwhelming amount to do in this game. The sprawling map has been separated into different "provinces" that all have an RPG like character level suggestion. It allows the player to choose their own direction along with a great risk/reward aspect in adventuring to secret tombs, hidden animal lairs and taking on enemies that are a higher level than you.

So far after about 16 hours in the story has felt like a slow drip of information getting you to care more about the characters (main story and side quests) then the overarching narrative. I look forward to seeing where they take the present day storyline at the later stages of the game.

As with some previous Assassins Creed games I've seen lots of comments and reviews mentioning bugs and glitches. Thankfully I've been fortunate, playing on my PS4 Pro, and haven't had any game breaking bugs, or crashes. The largest extent has been some slow-down and frame rate hiccups during cutscenes. Gameplay itself has been smooth and excellent.

The heavier elements of RPG and Loot based gear has been an absolute joy for me being a big fan of the Borderlands and Destiny franchises. Now granted, the loot in this game isn't on the same level as those mentioned, but hopefully it's a reward system they decide to continue with in future games. Also the expansive skill tree has been a delight, really allowing you to tailor Bayek into the style of assassin you enjoy playing as. Seeing an enemy Fort and being able to tackle it any way you want with your diverse skill-set has never felt better in the series.

Lastly the new combat system. It's slower, more brutal and definitely more "janky" then it has been in previous games, but I've actually appreciated the change. It makes fighting certain enemies and "bosses" feel more like a Dark Souls game then a "QTE" choreographed dance from this action genre. After a few hours once you start to get the hang of the different weapon classes and new abilities, you'll enjoy taking down each Phylake bounty hunter you encounter.

At the end of the day if you haven't been a fan of the Assassins Creed franchise in the past, this might actually be the best one to dip your toe in and try. There are certainly better true RPG's on the market right now but Ubisoft has done an amazing job taking great pieces from multiple genres and creating a wholly unique and engaging open world game. The setting, characters, side quests and atmosphere are all top notch, and I'll be spending hours upon hours in this virtual desert for the foreseeable future.
  44. Oct 30, 2017
    They have finally strayed away from the repetitive annoying missions that plagued the older games. This is a fresh new start that has RPG elements in it. I do not feel the side missions are grinding. the combat system is good, the enemies are smart and HARD. you can not counter everything and if you engage a group of people or even a person of 1 level higher than you, you will getThey have finally strayed away from the repetitive annoying missions that plagued the older games. This is a fresh new start that has RPG elements in it. I do not feel the side missions are grinding. the combat system is good, the enemies are smart and HARD. you can not counter everything and if you engage a group of people or even a person of 1 level higher than you, you will get killed.

As it is a new game, there are certainly some glitches, but im sure a patch will improve it.
  45. Nov 6, 2017
    When compared to the previous two installments in the series, Assassin's Creed Origins takes a major leap of faith towards a bold new direction with its gameplay and mechanics. Unity and Syndicate both introduced small changes to the AC formula, while keeping the core principal untampered - find your target in a sprawling city, stealth your way to him vertically or horizontally and tryWhen compared to the previous two installments in the series, Assassin's Creed Origins takes a major leap of faith towards a bold new direction with its gameplay and mechanics. Unity and Syndicate both introduced small changes to the AC formula, while keeping the core principal untampered - find your target in a sprawling city, stealth your way to him vertically or horizontally and try your best to assassinate him by stabbing him in the back with your hidden blade, or if push comes to shove, use your assortment of other weapons to dispatch your target(s).

Origins takes the core idea and builds around it a larger scope of gameplay variety, while placing it in an open world environment. These are no subtle alterations, nor are they a departure from what makes an Assassin's Creed game an Assassin's Creed experience. Everything is still here, but bigger. Previous titles had upgrade mechanics, while Origins has a skill tree separated into three branches. All three compliment the core gameplay mechanics, thus alloweing the player to mix and match his favorite style of gameplay.

The setting for this installment - Ancient Egypt - is probably the most popular historical period in my personal opinion when looking back at the previous games. The world is sprinkled with amazing sights. While exploring, the player can come across a plethora of side activities that are not as cumbersome as in previous games in the series. That is because the development teams at Ubisoft drastically downsized the amout of collectables and opted for a larger emphasis on side quests, where each has its own unique storyline that ties with the main plot.

Overall Assassin's Creed Origins is a healthy return to form for the series! It feels like a true sequel that builds upon the core concept of the series.
  46. Nov 5, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, for the starters, this is my first game review, so that has to mean something about greatness of this game. It took me 68 hours and 28 minutes to get to the finish of the main story, and I still got a lot of side activities left in this massive adaptation of Egypt.
    Gameplay is exellent. Not perfect, but it's almost there. For the first time your assassin listens to your wishes and doesn't jump on and off a bale of hay like "master assassin" Arno. So great improvement in parkour. And then there is combat, redefined, completely different, and it is working. For the first couple of hours it's just okay, but once you invest some skill points to the warrior skill tree, oh man, then it is a real fun. It is much more about your personal gaming skills this time, so there is allways room for an improvement.
    Now graphics. The game isn't Uncharted 4, nor Horizon top notch, but it is still good enough to force you to stop and make another picture in photo mode. Cutscenes could be better, but world is just so good looking.
    Origins took a great challenge storywise, since it supose to tell the origins of Assassins order. And... it could be better. Don't get me wrong, it is probably one of my most favorite AC stories, it is mature, believable and Bayek is just so real, but I missed something there... again, sci-fi part with the acients is still there, but it seems just like a checkbox. (Minor spolier alert: I loved, how Bayek was mentally broken in the end of one final missions.)
    So in the end, Origins is definitely a step forward, a musthave for every AC fan, and maybe a start with a franchise for the newbies on the series. For me it is a blast, with a funfactor almost like a Wicher 3 had.
    Hope, you liked my review and forgive me for possible mistakes, english is my second language.
  47. Oct 29, 2017
    I’ve not played too much of this game yet, and have just broken my headset in the process because of rage, but this game is visually stunning, and I love the combat, story and messing around. The loot system is great and it’s an amazing feeling to get better loot if you for example kill a higher level enemy or captain. Really enjoying this game so far. Minus five points for the glitchesI’ve not played too much of this game yet, and have just broken my headset in the process because of rage, but this game is visually stunning, and I love the combat, story and messing around. The loot system is great and it’s an amazing feeling to get better loot if you for example kill a higher level enemy or captain. Really enjoying this game so far. Minus five points for the glitches because it is a problem. If you rage hard like me try easy difficulty. I’m not going to because it might ruin my experience. Expand
  48. Nov 7, 2017
    My god...user reviews are getting to be a total joke. Is this the new norm? If a game has any microtransactions trolls will spam the reviews with 0s? This game had a user score of 8.3 two days ago ...now it's 6.0...LOL.
    Look i don't like MTs so i don't buy them. This game getting any zero scores is a complete joke. I'm several hours deep now and it's a blast.
  49. Oct 28, 2017
    ac origins is great. better then unity and syndicate, bayek a interseting character and the world of egypt is full of history and awesome, nice come back
  50. Oct 27, 2017
    What can I say ? This is by far one of the best games this year and definitely my favorite Assassins Creed game! You will love it! I’ve never had so much fun roaming through Egypt as Bayek, the last medjay. Albeit a serious man, he is charismatic and entertaining through the whole story
  51. Oct 27, 2017
    Playing this game results in the same feeling you get when you pop your head out from under the covers after being under them for a while and you start to feel like you can't breath. In other words, after Syndicate this is some fresh air! The graphics are gorgeous and the mechanics are extremely fluid. I have noticed that this AC is actually a littler harder than those in the past in termsPlaying this game results in the same feeling you get when you pop your head out from under the covers after being under them for a while and you start to feel like you can't breath. In other words, after Syndicate this is some fresh air! The graphics are gorgeous and the mechanics are extremely fluid. I have noticed that this AC is actually a littler harder than those in the past in terms of combat. No longer are groups of 4 enemies standing back and waiting to hit you one by one but are instead striking at different moments. The story is strong and so are the characters. All in all I can tell I will be putting quite a few hours into this game. Welcome back Assassins Creed, we have missed you. Expand
  52. Oct 27, 2017
    Right now, I'm enjoying Assassin's Origins as much as the new Zelda game, maybe even more because Origins has such awesome graphics. The gameplay between the two games are very similar, except in Assassin's you don't keep running out of stamina every time you try and climb something. Assassin's Origins is fast becoming one of my favorite games of all time, right up there with the likes ofRight now, I'm enjoying Assassin's Origins as much as the new Zelda game, maybe even more because Origins has such awesome graphics. The gameplay between the two games are very similar, except in Assassin's you don't keep running out of stamina every time you try and climb something. Assassin's Origins is fast becoming one of my favorite games of all time, right up there with the likes of Zelda, Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim! Expand
  53. Oct 30, 2017
    Assassin's Creed seems to be back for real, new graphics, new setup, new gameplay receipe.
    The rpg style approach gives the player more opportunity and way more depthness that the previous AC. The game is just awesome!
  54. Oct 27, 2017
    beautiful world, engaging combat, and rich story! That extra year really payed off, the game is really well polished, no crashes, Egypt looks amazing, combat is dark souls on easy mode(which is great fun!) and the story was pretty decent. I hope this isn't a one time deal with ubisoft and that all future AC games are well made like this one.
  55. Oct 27, 2017
    after assasisn creed 3 i lost interest in the series, black flag was great but not the same, i can happily say this assasins creed brought me back to the series
  56. Nov 4, 2017
    This is a great game and I wouldn't take the hate bombing from people who probably haven't even played it. For one this AC has the best map, the open world I feel is perfected in this entry. Being able to see the massive pyramids from many different locations far away on the map makes it feel like one big neighborhood and ties everything together nicely. The combat has been redone as wellThis is a great game and I wouldn't take the hate bombing from people who probably haven't even played it. For one this AC has the best map, the open world I feel is perfected in this entry. Being able to see the massive pyramids from many different locations far away on the map makes it feel like one big neighborhood and ties everything together nicely. The combat has been redone as well to make it a bit more challenging and in depth. Before the combat was merely like Batman and relied heavily on counters, now it has more of an action rpg feel to it where you lock on to targets and fight a bit more tactfully. There is also much more variety, 4 different types of bows, and a gear system.

Egypt is probably the most beautifully done areas they have presented thus far. I have not encountered any bugs, although I know many AC games have this I have yet to encounter any. I would not take reviews seriously that overblow this or act like they played half the game and saw bugs everywhere. It simply isn't true. This is a fantastic return for Assassin's Creed however people will hate on it because of the name alone, 10/10 for me. Awesome new display of currently technology. Forgot to mention that the designs of Egypt, weapons, outfits.. are OUTSTANDING. Special props to the team who does the designs, the level of detail is always impressive in AC and something I thoroughly have enjoyed in Origins.
  57. Oct 29, 2017
    Tolle/stimmige Welt, gut inszenierte Quests, motivierendes Erkunden und glaubhafte Charaktere.
    Das Kampfsystem macht Laune und endlich ist man nicht mehr übermächtig.
    Technisch auch 1a.
    Für mich das beste AC bisher.
  58. Nov 2, 2017
    Pretty good game and I would actually put it above Black Flag but below the legendary Brotherhood. I really like the new ARPG elements but really hated he progression based main mission constraints. Ned to level up before I can progress the story. Having said that the game does not feel like a chore to me and I am already 28 hours in. I see some complained about the new combat system.Pretty good game and I would actually put it above Black Flag but below the legendary Brotherhood. I really like the new ARPG elements but really hated he progression based main mission constraints. Ned to level up before I can progress the story. Having said that the game does not feel like a chore to me and I am already 28 hours in. I see some complained about the new combat system. Again I love it because it's very Witcher 3. Horizon Zero Dawn and Dark Souls like. You really need to choose the right weapon for different enemy. Heavy blunts for shielded foes and roman blade is good enough for low level guards.

It's the change that AC needed after Unity and Syndicate were pretty much just by the numbers sequels. I am sure some AC hardcore fans will hate the major changes but lets be honest that the new game is more challenging and fun. Now let's hope Ubisoft will keep the 2 year cycle because you can see the big changes they made. NO more incremental annual release.

A note on microtrancs. I never used it. You can get the same rare gears as sold by Nomad Camp by talking to him once a day. A unique 24hour mission will be open to you and the loot will either be rare or legendary. Pay to win? Sure if you are too lazy.
  59. Nov 14, 2017
    Guys I'm being serious - my biggest problem with ACO is...there's just nothing to do in this damn game. Listen, they've removed the optional challenges (my favourite feature of AC games), ALL collectibles, most side activities like optional assassinations and things like improving your hamlet in AC3 or playing with your fleet in AC4. And they have replaced it with....nothing. I guessGuys I'm being serious - my biggest problem with ACO is...there's just nothing to do in this damn game. Listen, they've removed the optional challenges (my favourite feature of AC games), ALL collectibles, most side activities like optional assassinations and things like improving your hamlet in AC3 or playing with your fleet in AC4. And they have replaced it with....nothing. I guess people were fed up with collectibles and side activities but when you remove it all and replace it with nothing....it's boring. It really is.

ACO is flashy and beautiful and pulls you in for a few hours but then you'll realize you're doing just two things all over again - side quests and looting lairs (animal nests, forts, villas etc.) Over and over again. There isn't anything else to do. All the interesting set pieces and closed assassination areas like in Syndicate are gone too.

Sure there are oodles of side quests but they are usually about "go to X, talk to Y, kill ABC and bring back the stolen stuff". Plus the story is not very exciting, the beginnings of the Assassins are kindda humdrum. And the characters are boring too. Bayek is grouchy and uncharismatic and Aya is smart and strong but also about as warm and likeable as a granite block. The villains are just one big grey blob and the villain alpha dog looks like a beta neckbeard. There's nothing quirky or interesting or distinctive in the characters or the writing, it's all just one big, smooth and featureless mass product.

I know most people don't like the modern storyline about gods but at least it made the game unique. I've always thought the problem with the things people got fed up with over the 10 or so games - the optional challenges, the collectibles, the side activities, the modern storyline - was not that they were there but that they were half heartedly implemented. In ACO instead of improving them Ubisoft simply took them away.

I had a blast in the first 10 hours, then lost all interest. I just rushed the end. I never thought I'll say it but ACO is probably the most boring AC game since the first one, despite the attractive setting and potential for the metastory. Even AC3 was more interesting, at least there was Haytham. In it's boringness and staleness ACO is on par with Revelations. Looking back at it I feel like going back to Black Flag or even Syndicate. I actually liked Syndicate. Sigh.

Positives? The combat is fine, certainly more engaging then in previous games (although I liked the Syndicate combat too). And the world is beautiful and just gigantic. Too bad they haven't filled it up with much.
  60. Nov 11, 2017
    I'm really enjoying the game so far. Micro transactions seem to be a common thing in most games these days, but thankfully not participating in them takes nothing away from the game. I've played every Assassins Creed game and enjoyed them all, some more than others. For me at least, this has to be my favourite since Brotherhood. Highly recommended.
  61. Jan 7, 2018
    I myself am a fan of the Assassin's creed series since its very first part. And the most basic thing that clings in every part of this game series is a phenomenal study of the world. Whether it's Italy of the Renaissance, Paris or London - each location was worked out with great care, which, incidentally, not everyone notices.

For example: recently there was a transfer on the channel

For example: recently there was a transfer on the channel Discovery, which told about London, in particular, about the building of Parliament: how it was built, in what year, etc. They told us what materials the roofs were used for, and even what rivets were used for fastening.
    Without thinking twice, I, of course, went to check it out in the game. And what was my surprise when, on the same building of Parliament, I saw the same roof as in reality - the same materials, the same color of sheets and the same rivets.

This shows how Ubisoft works through the worlds. And with each new part they raise this bar.

Concerning Assassins creed Origins is a completely new, in all senses, revolutionary part of the series.
    An interesting plot, a really huge Egypt and a detailed study of the world. Musical accompaniment also did not disappoint.

The only drawback I can see is the abundance of bugs. They are not critical and do not seriously interfere with the enjoyment of the gameplay, but the overall impression, of course, spoils. We are waiting for patches.

In general, Ubisoft did what was expected of it - breathed new life into the series of Assassin's creed. She took all the best from the past parts and added a lot of new.
  62. Nov 4, 2017
    The best AC I ever played. I really don't understand these scores, I'm having a blast with this game. It's a solid 9 for me.
    People complain on the itens being sold on the store but can (and should) just ignore.
  63. Oct 28, 2017
    1 ano sem AC fez bem a franquia, o jogo ta bem mais trabalhado tanto no gameplay quanto na otimização, a historia e as missões secundarias te motivam a finaliza-las. Bayek certamente é mais carismático do que alguns protagonistas do jogos anteriores.
  64. Jan 6, 2018
    Assassin's Creed Origins is a fun game, not perfect but is well worth playing. Set in ancient Egypt (which provides an interesting and refreshing setting) the game is familiar to past games in the series but feels a lot more open and varied. The game now plays like an open world RPG. A basic RPG but not in a bad way, kind of like Horizon Zero Dawn in the sense it's very RPG light but hasAssassin's Creed Origins is a fun game, not perfect but is well worth playing. Set in ancient Egypt (which provides an interesting and refreshing setting) the game is familiar to past games in the series but feels a lot more open and varied. The game now plays like an open world RPG. A basic RPG but not in a bad way, kind of like Horizon Zero Dawn in the sense it's very RPG light but has enough menus, skill trees, weapon's, items, quests, and upgrades to feel deeper than a basic action game. This is both a positive and a negative.

The positive side to the upgraded style of game means there is plenty to do, see and explore. There are tons of side quests with a selection of varied mission styles and sub plots. Assassin's Creed had previously suffered from mission fatigue with the old follow this person quest, eavesdrop on this person quest, kill this person quest etc, Origin's however has a little more variation making quests much more interesting. Some quests have you rescuing a prisoner others stealing a horse drawn cart of food supplies, some ask you to track and solve murders and others retrieve a stolen item. Most end in killing a few soldiers and sneaking around patrolled areas, because movement is fluent and you can leap and climb and assassinate with ease they are usually good fun. You also have a pet bird that you can use to stake out locations, highlight enemies, loot and objectives and harass lone soldiers so you can sneak up and kill them. It's a good feature.

Combat has changed slightly, battles are no more methodical and require a bit of intelligence. You can block and roll like in a Dark Souls game, use light and heavy attacks, unleash combos and fatalities. You can swap weapons during combat easily and have a good selection of weapons ranging from bows, heavy melee weapons, mid weight weapons like swords and light weapons such as duel daggers. Every weapon feels slightly different and can help in certain situations. However the one let down is that the lock on function is frustration and doesn't work well against multiple enemies. This can lead to erratic fights where you die as a result of the game mechanics and not skill.

The story line is decent enough as are the sub plots. The main narrative is enough to keep you playing but lacks the detail and story telling that top RPGs like The Witcher 3 have.

The map is large with lots of detail. The graphics are stunning and the scale of the world is at times breath taking. Sound is well done with some good unique composed pieces adding to the ambiance. Subtle sounds like a horn blowing when a Phylake is close by (an over powered hired assassin that will relentlessly hunt you) appears giving a real sense of dread. Swords clash and clang, winds blow, the sea crashes, horses hooves pound the ground, the game is full of vibrant sound effects that make everything feel alive and real.

The great graphics, rich sounds, varied mission design, plot and action all make this a well made and solid Assassin's creed game and my favorite since Black Flag. It's a worthy purchase if you like the series and is easy enough for new players to get into. By no means one of the best RPGs made but a solid game well worth the price that will last many many hours.
  65. Nov 6, 2017
    I realy surprised, very nice game! Well done. Visuals are amazing, Best Assassins creed game ever its true well done !!! This is a fresh new start RPG
  66. Nov 15, 2017
    i don't understand why people are giving this game low scores?!?!?! its definitely a refreshing game with a new approach on most mechanics. If you are looking for a fresh new assassins creed, well here is the game you will want to get. Bayek is a interesting character that will be remembered.
  67. Dec 7, 2017
    This is the first Assassin's Creed game I have played. It is awesome. There is a giant open world to explore. Lots of missions and side tasks. Pretty decent story so far as well.
  68. Mar 8, 2018
    It's time for us to stop buying games from ubisoft.Malogo that the game is another fake from ubisoft, because it is in fact only a beautiful world and its details, so even with a scant base of weapons and stuff, there is a huge amount of paid content, bastards! for a smaller amount purchased Witcher and Horizon Zero Down, which were much better and more informative, but they did not allowIt's time for us to stop buying games from ubisoft.Malogo that the game is another fake from ubisoft, because it is in fact only a beautiful world and its details, so even with a scant base of weapons and stuff, there is a huge amount of paid content, bastards! for a smaller amount purchased Witcher and Horizon Zero Down, which were much better and more informative, but they did not allow themselves such impudence! Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2017
    Initially (first couple of hours) I was a bit disappointed. Maybe I was into the game mechanics of the recently played Shadow of War, or this was an AC a little bit different than the previous ones in the series.

But after a while, it all made sense: the map "reading", the quest sorting and solving, the battle-like-a-dancer assassin, the use of weapons and upgrades, the ease of moving around the world with every means available.

I read about loot-boxes and such: have not idea, haven't even clicked the store button and not sure I will. The game gives you any tools necessary to enjoy it without further cost. I am half-way through (level 27) and I have this old familiar feeling of "real life break - it's Ezio's time".

Good effort.
  70. Apr 13, 2018
    I loved it! Made me feel like i was playing AC2 again, i just wanted to see everything, im 4 trophies short of getting platinum and i intent to keep going, gorgeous game, good story, great combat, i just love it.
  71. Apr 20, 2018
    A player of all AC games here. This game started really bad. Glitches, errors and clunky combat. But thankfully, I'm writing this review after having finished Origins. First of all, download the update; it gets rid of all glitches and errors. Then, keep playing. The game grows on you. Combat is still clunky, especially given how the series got combat right in Black Flag and now actuallyA player of all AC games here. This game started really bad. Glitches, errors and clunky combat. But thankfully, I'm writing this review after having finished Origins. First of all, download the update; it gets rid of all glitches and errors. Then, keep playing. The game grows on you. Combat is still clunky, especially given how the series got combat right in Black Flag and now actually lost that touch. However, story, flow and overall enjoyment makes this one of the best AC titles, and a definite improvement from recent poor show. Highly recommended for AC fans.

Update: now played Hidden Ones and Paraoh's DLCs and upped the rating from 8 to 10. The game really opens up as you play.
  72. Nov 7, 2017
    Fantastic game. Such a charm going through Egypt and riding around on my camel and really feels like a step back in history. Love the fighting as seems easier to control now and the graphics are amazing. Really enjoying this game so far after around 4 hours into it. My favorite so far just ahead of Black Flag.
  73. Nov 17, 2017
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Returning to its roots in more ways than one
    Assassins Creed Origins takes place in Egypt around 49 BC, the time of Cleopatra and Julius Ceasar You play as the last Medjay, Bayek and occassionaly as his wife Aya Without spoiling the story, something happens that sends Bayek on a revenge quest.. a very personal one that makes Bayek feel real, and gives you a real
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Returning to its roots in more ways than one
    You play as the last Medjay, Bayek and occassionaly as his wife Aya
    Without spoiling the story, something happens that sends Bayek on a revenge quest.. a very personal one that makes Bayek feel real, and gives you a real connection with him…
    Im going to get the bad out of the way first….
    I found the story here to be the weakest in the series main line games…
    As the name suggests.. Origins tells the story of how the Assassins Creed started…
    But it sortve just goes.. okay.. the creed is a thing now.. heres an explanation of the symbol, bye…
    It never feeks impactful or justified.,, it sort of just happens and left me disliking both of the games main characters
    The story is more focused on Bayek and his revenge which is fine… it definitely pulled at my heart strings but the delivery of his story as well as the story of the creed felt so disjointed…
    It has interesting characters from history such as Julius ceasar and Cleopatra…
    But I feel these characters were never fully utilized in the way characters have been in past assassins creed games… theyre just there… which leaves this to be easily the most forgettable campaign
    I feel this may mostly have to do with the game deciding to go the more RPG route.. where you cant just focus on the story as enemies 3 or more levels higher than you will just one hit kill you…
    This had me going out and ignoring the story just to level up and clean the map…
    And when I came back to play through the story it was over before I knew it
    I put 40 hours into the game, not even touching half of its giant map and id be surprised if there was more than 6 to 8 hours of actual campaign content here..
    Overall extrememly disappointed in the campaign, even though it has a powerful opening…
    On a positive note with the campaign.. I loved that we got a peak into our targets minds after assassinating them.. reminding me more of the first game… and there is more of a Desmond Miles feel with the present day…
    It sortve just feels there..not as intrusive as the desmond saga but I feel the potential for something here in the future and it’s a step in the right direction..
    Now that most of my ranting is done..
    Gameplay and experience wise..
    Assassins Creed Origins is one of the best games in the entire Assassins Creed series…
    Egypt is huge, again there is nearly half of this game ive yet to even uncover…
    But uncovering it all is what makes assassins creed origins so great..
    It finally feels addictive again to discover, no longer is the setting just a background.. it’s a character for the first time since Assassins Creed 3
    There is an ungodly amount of detail in this world… easily the best open world of the year, so much care and attention to detail..
    Every inch of this game feels hand crafted rather than thrown into some algorithm
    The world is full of question marks in a way that doesn’t feel overwhelming..
    There are sidquests with real stories attached to them such as helping a suicidal widow get over her grief..
    The characters in the world feel real.. the world feels alive, it goes on with or without you..
    There are tombs and bandit camps for you to raid and captains to kill for weapons, there are the sync points for fast traveling.. there are animal dens, clues for treasure hunts, sunken ships to plunder..
    And you have an egal companion named senu that can take to the sky and mark points of interest to lessen the frustration of searching for an areas treasure to earn that xp bonus for clearing an area
    You can also fight in arenas or chariot race…
    There is so much to do here in this gorgeous world…
    Uncovering new locations will award you with xp so you can level up and use higher weapons and dump skill points into bayek,,
    There is a skill tree that focuses on close combat, ranged combat, and tootls such as smoke bombs and being able to tame animals…
    Assassins Creed Origins is so close to perfection..
    I haven’t had this much fun exploring an open world in a long time…
    of calling my horse or camel and setting off to uncover the next question mark and the secrets this world hides..
    im excited to go back in.
    But the poor campaign hurts my overall opinion of this game, as do the few annoyances I have with its climbing feeling unresponsive compared to syndicate and unity.. and not being able to interact with items until you get out of conflict when enemies are dozens of yards away… which is the biggest one…
    Let enemies ineterupt me… stop locking me out of actions…
    But this open world is the best open world since the witcher 3…
    Assassins Creed is back to being an addictive map cleaner full of wonder.
    I give Assassins Creed Origins
    a 9/10
  74. Nov 22, 2017
    The entire Assassins Creed franchise has stalled a bit with its last few installs. I recall Brotherhood and Black Flag as the last ones I truly enjoyed playing, and I have bought and played all of them. This feels lie a reboot for be. The controls have changed slightly, but story and game design has been improved vastly. A free roaming world with loads of unique side quests. It does notThe entire Assassins Creed franchise has stalled a bit with its last few installs. I recall Brotherhood and Black Flag as the last ones I truly enjoyed playing, and I have bought and played all of them. This feels lie a reboot for be. The controls have changed slightly, but story and game design has been improved vastly. A free roaming world with loads of unique side quests. It does not beat Wither 3 in terms of depth and exploring, but it gets close enough for me to give it a big thumbs up. I think the user score should be in the 80+ region, and finds it difficult to understand why it is lower... sure, there are some quests that feels a bit bugged, but it would have surprised me more if there where none. For me the game is a 8/10. Trying to balance the low scores a bit with a 9. The drawbacks are AI that feels pretty low tech and suicidal at times (annoying with friendly ai) and basically all the competition that is out there. But if you played the competition and want more. Buy it. Expand
  75. Nov 28, 2017
    I have put in over 130 hours into AC:0 completing the game on two different difficulties. I say as an Assassins Creed fan I was satisfied, especially with the change in direction. I enjoyed the more RPG or semi-RPG gameplay and leveling Bayek with attributes best suited to your desired play style was nice - although really its best to focus on every tree especially on a greater difficultyI have put in over 130 hours into AC:0 completing the game on two different difficulties. I say as an Assassins Creed fan I was satisfied, especially with the change in direction. I enjoyed the more RPG or semi-RPG gameplay and leveling Bayek with attributes best suited to your desired play style was nice - although really its best to focus on every tree especially on a greater difficulty setting. The world is absolutely stunning and every region of the map was a joy to visit. I got Goosebumps the moment I first saw the pyramids of Giza off in the distance, not to mention the excitement I had once stepping through an entrance to explore the grandest of them all. The combat and physics were well done and satisfying. The stealth felt familiar from other titles I have played but that is a positive - I loved headshotting as many enemies when clearing out camps before anyone getting wise. The Story was interesting for the most part and I connected with Bayek and believed in his character.

But... some things kind of frustrated me. For example, this is the origins story. Bayek receives his hidden blade with no story or a quest or two of how exactly he should use it. Yes, he loses the finger but why was there no in depth side quest or main quest on who invented it? It was sort of a bummer not having a couple quest where you are tasked with testing the weapon out first before attempting to assassinate your main target. Another issue I had with the game is that the story was kind of short and rushed toward the end. There are no assassination side quest, no bureau to build and gains to make in that aspect like other A/C games. So it seems to me that Ubisoft added some new cool features to the game but took away some other cool ones. I also think many of the characters you meet along the way are kind of forgetful, as you don't really get a sense they matter in the world around you. Nevertheless AC:O is a great game and deserving of a high score. Taking a full year extra for development was a good idea and I hope as a big A/C fan they continue to improve without taking any serious steps backward. 8/10
  76. Nov 16, 2017
    Игру прошёл и она хороша. Разработчики взяли за орентир Ведьмака 3 и выдали хорошую игру. В ней интересные квесты, интересное исселедование мира, а сюжет интригует, хоть он и не слишком хорош, а многие сценарые моменты смешат.

В игре очень хорошая графика и отличная дальность прорисовки, почти на уровне игр от Сони с открытым миром. Из негативного отмечу множество багов и малый выбор

Из негативного отмечу множество багов и малый выбор скинов для главного героя, которые отличаются лишь цветом той или иной части текстуры.

Ну и самое важное на сегодня. В игре нет жёсткой системы доната. Продаются весьма посредственные скины для ГГ и лошади, несколько странных орудий, а так же простые ресурсы и открытие на картах различных собираемых предметов. Редких ресурсов, типа Кварца или углерода там не продают вообще. Обычных ресурсов у тебя уже к середине игры будет очень много, они есть почти везде. Что не может не радовать, можете вообще в магазин не заходить.
  77. Dec 18, 2017
    I've played AC series 1 - Black Flag. Don't think I'll ever play Syndicate or Unity. Black Flag and AC 2 are still my favourite.

Origins is a brave step of change, evolving into a RPG open world game including different rarities of loot and equipment. It takes some gameplay from GR: Wildlands, MGS: PP, Far Cry, Shadow of Mordor/War and a touch of For Honor with the combat. One

One thing that I was really impressed with is the depiction of Egypt. Beautiful, starting from the river delta and taking a boat down is mind blowing. Egypt is just not desert, the river's are abundant with wild life and villages with people doing what they are suppose to be doing.

Story so far is good, again a similar layout to Ghost Recon when targeting bosses. Voice acting can be inconsistent, with people having Egyptian/Nubian accents then all of sudden have an English accent? There really isn't a certain order but you need to be a specific level range to complete some bosses. There is no level scaling, which I prefer.

Combat to me is a bit 50/50. I like the change, but the controls are a bit clunky in terms to enemy targeting (similar to For Honor) with a power gauge which gives you a power attack or increases your attack speed depending the type of weapon you're using.

Stealth mechanics are still there, with the use of a hawk to scout fortifications. The AI can be a bit dumb and tricked easily. You can go Far Cry style and release animals caged as a distraction.

MP is indirect, similar to Shadow of War/Mordor where you find bodies of other players and avenging them.

Overall, an 8. Something they can build on with future games. Hope they do an Ancient Greece, or China next.
  78. Nov 20, 2017
    This is an incredible single player game. Expansive massive map, amazing graphics, awesome gameplay.

Anyone looking for a great single player experience should definitely pick this game up!
  79. Nov 7, 2017
    Are people stupid? How can this be rated lower than Syndicate on user score? I hate how people who haven't even played the game come to review the game just to hate it, the same thing happened when Breath of the wild was released.

On a serious, the game is a return to form for the franchise. The side quests are the best that Assassin's Creed has ever had, as you actually care about a lot of the missions and remember them. The main story is good, but nothing outstanding. The game is barely but you can find a few glitches here and there. But not like other Assassin's Creed. The only game I can remember didn't have any lag was Black flag, so this is also a positive thing.

The weapon system is fun and new, a breath of fresh air, same goes for the fighting system. The best thing about this game is the open free world. The world is straight up gorgeous and full of life

Even if you're not a fan of the series I think you'd have a great time with this, and this is obviously a must-have for Assassin's Creed fans
  80. Nov 7, 2017
    I've played every single AC game and this is the best game in franchise. 70 hours pure gameplay from me since release and I just cant stop playing this game! Sometimes I just stop and stare of how much beautiful the world of AC is.
    9 out of 10 because of lootbox system.
  81. Apr 29, 2018
    By far the best AC game in the series: huge open world with tons of interesting sidequests, dungeons (ancient "real" tombs), characters, activities and beautiful landscapes. It takes the old AC formula, brings it to a carefully crafted open world, eliminates some of the old gimmicks and replaces them with lots of inspiration from The Witcher 3 and other modern open world RPGs. I reallyBy far the best AC game in the series: huge open world with tons of interesting sidequests, dungeons (ancient "real" tombs), characters, activities and beautiful landscapes. It takes the old AC formula, brings it to a carefully crafted open world, eliminates some of the old gimmicks and replaces them with lots of inspiration from The Witcher 3 and other modern open world RPGs. I really hope they continue on this path for the next few games. And the setting is BY FAR the best since AC2 Expand
  82. Jan 2, 2018
    Finally the Assassin’s Creed franchise gives players the freedom they deserve with the latest in the series, Origins, set in Ancient Egypt and concerning the creation of the Assassin Brotherhood. Bayek is a tormented and flawed medjay. He and his wife are distraught over the death of their son, and their conflict just so happens to coincide with the motivations of Cleopatra as they huntFinally the Assassin’s Creed franchise gives players the freedom they deserve with the latest in the series, Origins, set in Ancient Egypt and concerning the creation of the Assassin Brotherhood. Bayek is a tormented and flawed medjay. He and his wife are distraught over the death of their son, and their conflict just so happens to coincide with the motivations of Cleopatra as they hunt down targets for her and her group. The plot is very well done in comparison to previous games in the series, and it shows just how innovative it can be despite its many iterations, with or without a terrible blockbuster associating with it. The exploration is truly the most fascinating aspect, as the gameplay is similar in regard to other open-world RPGs like The Witcher 3. However, the side quests are mostly uninteresting and repetitive, and Egypt itself is rendered too realistic to its real-life counterpart to be enjoyable for players to explore. Expand
  83. Dec 8, 2017
    I would give it a 8.7 so I rounded up.

First of all I tip my hat to Ubisoft: They listened and took their time and effort to make this a game that looks and is very good and totally worth its money. What I liked in comparions to former AC: - Detailed huuuge world. Much effort here, Kudos. - The main character is quite likable executed - The combat system is like a simpler and
    I would give it a 8.7 so I rounded up.

What I liked in comparions to former AC:
    - Detailed huuuge world. Much effort here, Kudos.
    - The main character is quite likable executed
    - The combat system is like a simpler and easier version of Dark Souls. It's better than in any AC game. *thumbs up*
    - You actually have progress to your level to be able to beat the enemies. You cannot hack your way thorugh the story without leveling up. As a lvl 30 you can be one shotted by lvl 35 guys. You evaluate your enemy before you strike now.
    - You can dive and explore under water
    - The wildlife is awesome

What I did not like or think it's "just the same as everytime":
    - open world fatigue sets in 'during' the game progression. Somewhere at 30-40h it just all didn't matteer anymore and I just wanted to complete it and get some achievements.
    - Despite the story being ok it's more or less the same as in every AC but strechted over 40hours instead of 15.
    - The present time / outside animus conspiracy stuff was poorly told and barely there. Best execution was in AC 3.
    - No sea missions besides those short fixed story ones
    - The later areas are far more interesting that the ones in the beginning. I don't know why I have to play for 30+ hours until there are finally bigger mountains and not only semi flat areas.

Though I can recommend this game without a second thought I fear that the next installement will become a generic open world game, or let's say if it's the same like Origins just with a different world that I would not like. We will see.

What I wish for deep in my heart is a highly story driven AC with a hightened focus on animus/conspiracy and with lot's of vertical gameplay.
    This is the seventh AC game I own and so far AC 2 and AC 3(I'm serious) are my favourite ones.
  84. Feb 21, 2018
    ACO is a vast open world RPG. The scope of the map is quite intimidating. The graphics are amazing. I played at high settings and I notice occasional hiccups and bugs but nothing too major. The historical data is astounding. The combat is very fluid compare to previous entries and acrobatics are less twitchy. The sound and music is quite deep and influence with Egyptians themes. The storyACO is a vast open world RPG. The scope of the map is quite intimidating. The graphics are amazing. I played at high settings and I notice occasional hiccups and bugs but nothing too major. The historical data is astounding. The combat is very fluid compare to previous entries and acrobatics are less twitchy. The sound and music is quite deep and influence with Egyptians themes. The story of the main quest is interesting, and from time to time you get also a very good side quest stories. They are maybe too many side quests which can induce boredom but I didn't mind has long as it's a tool for exploration and levelling. The items loots and upgrade are well done and just enough to keep you strong but not entirely invincible. The main character take time to love but after the first 1/3 of the game you get to like him more. There are some naval battles taken from the pirate AC game. They are really enjoyable and change the pace quite a bit. Ubisoft did their work on this game. I was a fan of the first two game, and they lost me on the subsequent releases. We don't need an AC game every year, we need a good one. I give it a 85% Expand
  85. Jan 6, 2018
    I personally loved origins. So does my girlfriend (she’s real I swear!). They’ve made it huge, it looks gorgeous and the combat is more free flowing and meaty. Blood flies everywhere and enemies even bleed out. The stories not all that special but its good enough to keep you playing til the end. I really liked hunting crocodiles etc and the boating sections were ok. All in all the mostI personally loved origins. So does my girlfriend (she’s real I swear!). They’ve made it huge, it looks gorgeous and the combat is more free flowing and meaty. Blood flies everywhere and enemies even bleed out. The stories not all that special but its good enough to keep you playing til the end. I really liked hunting crocodiles etc and the boating sections were ok. All in all the most ambitious and probably the best assassins creed to date. Expand
  86. Dec 16, 2017
    Best Assassins Creed I have played ever. The scale is just massive. One point of contention is some of the ridiculous voice acting and just odd interactions with the characters.
  87. Feb 9, 2018
    after 130 hours of playing witcher 3 the wild hunt and more than 30 hours of AC origins i came to the conclusion that AC origin uses the same transporting,fighting and looting system as witcher3. although there is some developments compere to the witcher3 but still they are pretty much the same i must say that i enjoyed AC origin because of using all previous good and exiting ideas thatafter 130 hours of playing witcher 3 the wild hunt and more than 30 hours of AC origins i came to the conclusion that AC origin uses the same transporting,fighting and looting system as witcher3. although there is some developments compere to the witcher3 but still they are pretty much the same i must say that i enjoyed AC origin because of using all previous good and exiting ideas that existed and refining them and offering a exiting and entertaining game that never gets boring. at the end i like to mention that Ubisoft's frequent attempts for promoting the graphic quality eventually succeeded and it is astonishing.performance is good though
    peace
  88. Feb 11, 2018
    You may have to look, but not to hard, to see lazy development all over this game. The combat is terrible on PC. No dismemberment? Feels like you are walking through mud everywhere you go. Objectives are boring and the plot is expected and repetitive. Sure the open world is huge, but there really is not a lot to it. Enemies are all the same, with the same voice, same movements.You may have to look, but not to hard, to see lazy development all over this game. The combat is terrible on PC. No dismemberment? Feels like you are walking through mud everywhere you go. Objectives are boring and the plot is expected and repetitive. Sure the open world is huge, but there really is not a lot to it. Enemies are all the same, with the same voice, same movements. About 15 hours in and calling it quits. Expand
  89. Oct 5, 2018
    Not the best storyline of all the games, but certainly the best game overall. Graphics are amazing in 4k and gameplay is exceptional. You wont regret this purchase.
  90. Apr 26, 2018
    Stunning Visuals, Check. Fantastic Story, Check.
    Towers to climb, Sadly yes. Typical Ubisoft Open World, Sadly yes.
    Stunning Visuals, Check. Fantastic Story, Check.
    Towers to climb, Sadly yes. Typical Ubisoft Open World, Sadly yes.

This installment of the AC series has left me incredibly underwhelmed, AC have been experimenting with the core mechanics for the Assassins Creed franchise and they have not innovated at all, in exchange for a bustling city or the open seas where there was always something a stones throw away, I was crossing areas with only one outpost or vast deserts with nothing else around.

Gameplay was refined from the previous installments but no where near perfected, fights were clunky and sometimes your protagonist would not stand a chance were in previous games it would be down to preparation and planning, assassinations have always been instant multiple times I have been robbed out of satisfaction of playing it sensibly and sneaking to get to my target.

That now brings us to my biggest pet peeve, the leveling system. Granted you can level in a way to suit your play style but the game insists on a certain way to play on missions and its rarely sneaking. Multiple times I have been caught off guard by their missions from stealth to combat and have not leveled up enough to stand a chance and have been forced to grind out the experience points rather then play through for the story.

From that point, The story is the main thing that does this game justice, from dealing with all the bugs (game breaking bugs I may add) I wanted to know how it progresses and what happened next, Ubisoft have got better at writing these games but need to experiment with its formula.
  91. Oct 16, 2018
    Best game of the franchise together with AC2 and Black Flag! If you like those, you need to play this one, totally recommended.
  92. Nov 3, 2018
    Things like skill trees and crafting systems have been slipping their way into Assassin's Creed for a while now. Origins however is the first game in the series to fully embrace the RPG genre. Boldly redefining the franchise while taking us back to the earliest days of the Brotherhood.

As interested as I was in seeing how the Assassins got their start, I didn't care about the protagonist Bayek, his wife Aya, or even his quest to avenge his son's death. This is in part because the game picks up a year after he already set out to destroy the Order, giving it a bit of a non-linear quality. I got more out of the side-quests and historical setting. A lot of effort went into making the characters you come across in both the main plot and the mini side-stories scattered across the world feel real and memorable. The best part of the narrative though is definitely the origin story of the Creed. Seeing how all of these different things we've come to associate with the series over the years came to be is a lot of fun.

On the gameplay side of things the biggest change that can be found is the combat system. No longer are fights a dance of well-timed parries and counters. Instead we get something much more free-flowing with a mix of light and heavy attacks not unlike a SoulsBorne game. A wide variety of weapon types allow you to experiment with different playstyles and find one that best suits you. This is true of ranged combat as well. The new bow and arrows are probably my favorite addition to the series. Being able to put some distance between you and your foes can be life-saving. Pulling off headshots never gets old. Especially when you dive further into the skill trees and get crazy new abilities like the power to control arrows mid-flight.

Origins is a massive game that's filled with things to do. Admittedly you're just completing the same handful of tasks over and over again, but the action manages to stay fresh due to how diverse the environments are. Each section of the map is unique. Affectinf things like enemy patrol patterns and the kind of terrain you'll maneuver through. Entering a new zone for the first time and getting caught up in it's beauty and how different it was from everywhere else I had previously explored was enough to keep me going until I got that platinum trophy.

The new modern day segments return to a format similar to that of when Desmond was still around. They introduce a new protagonist for this side of things, but man is she annoying. Like Rebecca and Shaun levels of bad. Not much happens in the few brief excursions outside of the Animus, but it's nice to see signs of Ubisoft potentially doing something significant with this part of the series again.

Origins marks the first real evolution for Assassin's Creed since introducing multiplayer back in 2012. With a better story and more variety across the board the next entry could be talked about as one of the best RPGs of all time. Some excellent groundwork has been laid here, making the franchise feel fresher than it has in years.
  93. Apr 23, 2018
    I enjoyed every minute within AC:O and even bought the DLCs. It's a beautiful world, I just wanted to stay in longer (I cleared all objectives within the base game and the first DLC...the last DLC will have to wait until I finished God of War).
    The combat is great – especially compared to former titles – but I especially liked to stealthy approach. That way, each outpost was a cool puzzle for me to solve.
    The story was okay, but I can't really remember much of it. One big exception is the story between Bayek and Aya...but I won't spoil.
    Some of the side quests were much more memorable and interesting than the main quests. It never really felt tedious or repetitive. But as I generally like Ubi games, I'm more forgiving, I guess.
    Even the discovery mode is working really well and can entertain (and maybe even teach) for a while.
    A solid 9, if you are generally into those kinds of games. A better, more memorable main story would be appreciated, but I can live with it.
  94. Jan 6, 2018
    I'll openly admit I quite dislike the AC franchise. The only AC game I've ever played prior to Origins was Liberation on my Vita. It was so dull and boring I never even finished it. However, I was fascinated by Ancient Egypt ever since I was a child so I decided to give Origins a try. And wow, it's much better than I imagined.

First of all, massive kudos to Ubisoft's art department! The

First of all, massive kudos to Ubisoft's art department! The effort and talent that went into creating the universe of Origins is nothing short of impressive. You can get lost for days just roaming around in the world, admiring the beautiful scenery. The game looks simply amazing on my 4KTV.

There's an unbelievable amount of content as well. Main quests, side quests, tombs to raid, treasures to find, enemy camps and forts to infiltrate, horse racing... If you love huge open world games with hundreds of secrets to discover, you'll love Origins. The characters and story are pretty interesting as well!

The great audio-visual presentation is accompanied by smooth controls, and it's just as much pleasure to play this game as it is to look at it. There are some minor graphical glitches (NPCs spazzing out, pots of oil randomly spawning in the air and then slowly descending into water) and once I got stuck inside a wall and was unable to get out, but this was quickly fixed by simply fast-traveling to the nearest vantage point. They're not frequent, though, and the beautiful world itself makes Origins well worth your time. I'm absolutely in love with this game and I'll be sure to give the franchise another try.

Pros:
    - absolutely beautiful open world
    - massive amount of content and a vast area to explore
    - good controls
    - great sound and visuals

Cons:
    - occasional glitches
    - the RPG elements aren't very deep, it's just basic "level up to unlock skill points to buy abilities" and "gather stuff to upgrade equipment"
  95. Apr 19, 2018
    Gran juego, q podría haber sido excelente si no fuera tan repetitivo

Pros + Técnicamente el juego es un 10. Todo corre de manera muy fluida, con fps estables en todo momento. + Un mundo abierto hermoso. Quiza el mejor Open World para Ps4 a la fecha, con la posibilidad de poder trepar y llegar a absolutamente cualquier lugar que desees, siempre con unas animaciones muy delicadas +
    Gran juego, q podría haber sido excelente si no fuera tan repetitivo

Pros

+ Misiones secundarias muy detalladas
    +Jugabilidad simple y entretenida, reuniendo elementos de los mejores juegos de los ultimos años, como The witcher y Dark Souls

Contras

- La misión principal. Quizá un fan de la saga le encuentre puntos interesantes, yo soy casual en AC y la historia no me atrapó en ningún momento, con cinemáticas largas y diálogos aburridos
    - Los puntos de interes. Si bien el mapa es inmenso y lleno de ubicaciones marcadas con un Signo de pregunta para descubrir, las mismas suelen variar entre un cuartel donde asesinar un capitan y saquear un tesoro, o un animal para matar. Tremendamente repetitivo y falto de ingenio
    - Personajes sin carisma. Como en casi todos los puntos negativos que remarqué, pierde en comparativa con juegos como The Witcher, de donde sacaron mucho para este AC. Todo es mas forzado y los personajes con los q te vas cruzando son totalmente olvidables
  96. Aug 9, 2018
    The first few hours are a little bit boring, but then it opens up. The graphics are impeccable, the sound design phenomenal, the animations natural, and the gameplay is just great (I love the eagle mechanic, something that is missing in GTA, it let's you see this wonderful open world in yet another perspective and is such a handy tool for navigation, in stealth approaches and on theThe first few hours are a little bit boring, but then it opens up. The graphics are impeccable, the sound design phenomenal, the animations natural, and the gameplay is just great (I love the eagle mechanic, something that is missing in GTA, it let's you see this wonderful open world in yet another perspective and is such a handy tool for navigation, in stealth approaches and on the hunt.). Best water in videogames so far. So much to do. The world is just so effin beautiful. It's my first AC so I'm not a fanboy. Odyssey will be my second;) I play on a PS4 Pro. The 30fps are smooth (and I'm a big supporter of 60fps over higher resolution. In this case it's just fine.) Expand
  97. Mar 16, 2018
    A rejuvenation of a franchise that was in desperate need of a change in direction. From the new RPG elements to the rehashed gameplay mechanics. AC Origins is everything you want from an AC game. Despite the many changes, there is still the familiarity that you would expect from an AC game. Everything from the stunning setting of Ancient Egypt to the story and Bayek's quest for revenge andA rejuvenation of a franchise that was in desperate need of a change in direction. From the new RPG elements to the rehashed gameplay mechanics. AC Origins is everything you want from an AC game. Despite the many changes, there is still the familiarity that you would expect from an AC game. Everything from the stunning setting of Ancient Egypt to the story and Bayek's quest for revenge and the birth of the brotherhood. Egypt is a huge sandbox playground to get lost in to the sprawling vista's, to the Pyramids of Giza. There is so much to see and do here. Not only is this the best in the series so far, it is the rebirth of a franchise. Expand
  98. Jun 19, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed Origins is a fun game. It is a game, for me, that I can come back and play to pass up time, however, the story and side quest are very lacking. It is boring story, and silly. I laugh at what was supposed to be serious moments into the game because it is so ridiculous and done so poorly at executing the vibe that it was trying to get. For instance, when you accidentally killed your son in the flashback. That was one of the poorest executed sad moment in story telling that I've seen in a really long time. Also, the combat is a bit buggy and can be very laggy when executing commands. It is trying to be a bloodborne/dark souls combat style by making try and dodge and roll all over the place in conflict, and it isn't done right. Anyways, despite its major flaw in telling an engaging story and occasional lacking gameplay, it is still an over all fun game that has a lot to do. The world is pretty cool and reminds me of far cry by the random animals that can kill you. I enjoy the hunting and crafting and upgrading aspect of the game. You can mold your character to play how you want him to play like an rpg. It has fun moments, it has dull moments, but it isn't an unbearable game. I am glad I got it on sale for 50% off, because if I did not, I would be pretty upset paying for this game that is from a AAA developer. If you do not have this game, waiting for a sale will feel more justifiable solution. Expand
  99. Mar 3, 2018
    Всё бы хорошо , если бы не донат !

уверен вы эту оценку накрутили
  100. Apr 19, 2018
    Pontos negativos do game:

1) Nem a montaria nem Bayek possuem controle de velocidade para correrem mais rápido e assim poderem sair dos conflitos mais rapidamente. A velocidade é única e isso incomoda em certos momentos do game onde vc precisaria cair fora ou gostaria de se movimentar mais rápido pelo cenário; 2) NPCs te atrapalham: Há momentos de luta contra os inimigos, seja a pé
    Pontos negativos do game:

2) NPCs te atrapalham: Há momentos de luta contra os inimigos, seja a pé ou a cavalo em que os npcs entram no meio do conflito. Isso é uma situação ridícula e que deveria ser evitada pelos desenvolvedores. Atravessam as ruas sem olhar para lado e vc os atropela é outra situação que não deveria acontecer.

3) Idioma dos NPCs CHATO e REPETITIVO. Você irá ouvir milhares de vezes o termo "IDIÔDI". Chegou a um ponto em que eu evitava ir às às cidades para explorar para não ouvir essa palavra. Também nota-se a mesma voz pronunciando muitas das falas ao ponto de você achar que o NPC está te perseguindo no jogo. É altamente irritante.

4) Após queda, Bayek não se levanta automaticamente. Quando Bayek é derrubado do cavalo num confronto, vc necessariamente precisa apertar "X" (no PS4) para ele se levantar, pois se não fizer ele vai continuar deitado como se estivesse tomando sol na praia. Você precisa parar de apertar os botões de ataque, apertar o botão para ele se levantar, e continuar atacando. Isso é ridículo pois num jogo normal ele se levantaria automaticamente. Situação chata quando ocorre.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 63 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 2, 2018
    Assassin's Creed: Origins is the best game in the series, but it's a mediocre action RPG at its core. In this sense, it both succeeds and fails at being a much-needed franchise shakeup.
  2. Dec 29, 2017
    Origins is the newest installment in rather worn out series and a much appreciated and needed refresh. New combat and graphically fantastic environment with tons of content will gave you some nice moments. The game is not a blast but it is a proof that AC is back on the right track again, for now.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 15, 2017
    With a beautiful world you'll repeatedly die for and lethal toys to play with, Assassin's Creed Origins finally delivers the game you always wanted from the series. Brilliant. [Christmas 2017, p.87]