7.1

1. Sep 7, 2016
    For the first game out in the US using this anime its actually not bad, not good but worth a look at.

Graphics, they look on par with ps3 toward the end of its life while still looking like any other generic anime game. Story, The story follows the anime if not all then most of it (been some time since I've watched the anime). Gamplay, This is where it shines the most its almost

Gamplay, This is where it shines the most its almost fluid how you zip from location to location using your omnidirectional gear or slashing through the limbs and neck of the titans.
    while its not like the anime where only a few titans get through at a time this is just like any other dynasty warriors or samurai warriors game, the enemy has already invade now fight them back.

Cons, the major 1 you'll come across is the titans getting stuck in or on walls/buildings, When you try to attack you'll either hit it or deal little to no damage or get stuck in the wall with them as they continue to step on you while still sitting still.
    Another problem that happens mid way through the game is the horses, they follow you but they also push you as your trying to run a couple of feet to latch on to the next titan. I found myself getting more pissed off cause they would constantly run in front of me.
    Lastly once done with the game you find yourself thinking why come back. There is no end game except the missions but that's literally kill titans, do side-mission, and get a good grade on the missions.

Overall, its not bad worth a buy if its pre-owned or on sale. not really worth a $60 value.
  2. Sep 7, 2016
    Why do so many scores of perfect 10 come from a user who just made the account and only has 1 review? I see this ALL the time. Which is unfortunate…
    I want a pay site that is guaranteed honesty and not a purchased opinion. This game is average but it shoulda been great! But its not…This shouolda gone to Rocksteady based strictly on how they handled Batmans gliding….I will be keeping this though
  3. Sep 1, 2016
    Attack on Titan is out in video game form, following the events of the first season of the critically hit anime and manga. Is this the game fans have been waiting for all these years or does it get eaten by a horde of titans? Let’s find out.

Story Titans have invaded into Shiganshina District and are destroying wall Maria, affecting the main characters Eren, Mikasa, and Armin's lives

Story
    Titans have invaded into Shiganshina District and are destroying wall Maria, affecting the main characters Eren, Mikasa, and Armin's lives forever. With their city destroyed and their parents killed, they decide to join the survey corps to kill and destroy the titans from ever invading again. After five years of training, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin – with the help of their squad - return to fill out their duties to fight the titans and protect the human race. Attack on Titan follows the first season of the show to a tee, with a different kind of art style but still manages to keep the feeling that it is an anime. While the story does follow the first season of the anime it strays away from it in the final chapter and goes into the manga, which could be an issue for those who have only watched the show.

Gameplay
    Attack on Titan is a third person, action packed game with a diverse and sometimes complicated battle system. There are two modes in this game: maneuver mode and battle mode. When you approach a titan you hit your R1/R2 button to enter the battle mode and from there you use your right stick to pick which part of the body to attack; some parts are very important because they contain materials which will help you upgrade your equipment. The only way to kill a titan is by hitting them in the back of the neck and in order to do that you must enter battle mode, choose with your right stick where to hit, hit the square button or X button, and when you are close enough to the neck hit the triangle or O button to unleash a more powerful hit. The upgrade system in this game is quite wonderful, more diverse and complex than I ever expected it to be; in between missions you can go to the barracks wherever they may be at the time and upgrade your blades and maneuver gear. You must have the appropriate materials to get these upgrades; you acquire those by cutting off titans certain limbs. You must have enough funds and those are given to you depending on how well you do on the previous mission.

Verdict
    Attack on Titan is five chapters long, but you will want to be done by the third chapter. It becomes very repetitive and sometimes overwhelming with the amount of enemies that are on the screen along with the tasks you have to complete. There are side missions to do while you are on the battlefield which can seem very tedious and repetitive because they are the same thing over and over again. This game makes you feel very rushed when you are trying to complete the main objective; some of them are so hard and you have side missions to do at the same time so the game can feel overwhelming. Taking on characters such as Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Levi is great because they are so diverse with their skills and abilities, but after a while it becomes the same thing. Attack on Titan is certainly worth renting but, not worth sixty dollars.

Attack on Titan 5/10
    Reviewed by ICE at Gamers of the Round Table
  4. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is probably only going to appeal to fans of the anime, I would struggle to see anyone else pick this up and enjoy it.
    The controls come at you thick and fast and the action is almost instantaneous. It follows the story of the anime but at a much much faster pace. You literally fly through the game, hacking napes at the back of the Titan's necks dropping them like flies. I think I killed about 1,000,000 Titans within the first 17 minutes.
    Once you get used to the controls the game is a piece of p... really really easy. A total breeze.
    Very very fun though! If you like the anime, you should 100% pick this up from eBay at the weekend.
    Yatttta.
  5. May 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is made mostly for those who love to switch their brains off when they play, which is perfect for someone like me.

"Wings Of Freedom" follows the first 25 episodes of the popular anime, from the Colossal Titan's destruction of the most-outer wall to the appearance of the Female Titan. The Side Missions are mostly copy-and-paste with some interesting twists every once in a while.

You play as 10 characters; including Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Levi. All of them have a unique ability that can help out in battle; such as Eren's Titan Transformation or Levi's 5-hit Chain Attack. However, while they do have unique abilities for each character, all of them seem to play more-or-less the same as each other.

Graphics are great but the frame-rate can drop from time-to-time.

Gameplay is easy to learn, easy to master. the appeal of "Wings Of Freedom" is the high-paced action and bloody fatalities replicated from the show, but characters can sometimes get stuck on buildings and walls or even get grabbed by titans even though they just cut off their arm.

"Wings Of Freedom" uses a material-grinding system to upgrade Blades, Gas Supply and Gear which can put off a lot of people, especially Trophy/Achievement hunters (like me). If you want to 100% "Wings Of Freedom", be ready for a lot of grinding to get everything

{SPOILERS/100% TIPS AHEAD}

After you beat the story mode, "Dire Subjugations" (Secret Bosses) are unlocked, as well as 5 additional epilogue missions (where you can fight the Beast, Armoured and Colossal Titan), after which "True Attack Mode" (Hard Mode) is unlocked and "Requests" (Special Requirements i.e. Kill 5 Skinny Titans).

In order to 100% "Wings Of Freedom", you will need to:
    - Get the S rank and Dire Subjugation on every Main Mission on Normal and Hard = Medium
    - Complete all Requests on Normal and/or Hard = Medium
    - Reach Level 99 = Easy
    - Beat all Side Missions = Easy-Medium
    - Collect every Blade, Scabbard and ODMG (Omni Directional Movement Gear) = Medium

If you need help for any of these, please check out "factor747" tutorials for more info.

In conclusion, "Wings Of Freedom" is a fun game and definitely one to play with friends but completion junkies will have a hard time with this one. Some Glitches, Pointless Playable Character choices and Frustrating Hard Mode hold it back from a higher score.
  6. Jun 2, 2020
    Attack On Titan
    ...........................................................
  7. Oct 23, 2020
    This one was ok. If you're a big fan of the anime, then you will still find a lot of enjoyment out of this. The combat is really fun and works well, I like the fact you can play multiple characters and level them up, I just struggled to get engaged with this one. I finished everything, but it didn't necessarily feel entertained. I'm sure it is a fairly cheap game to get now, so i suggestThis one was ok. If you're a big fan of the anime, then you will still find a lot of enjoyment out of this. The combat is really fun and works well, I like the fact you can play multiple characters and level them up, I just struggled to get engaged with this one. I finished everything, but it didn't necessarily feel entertained. I'm sure it is a fairly cheap game to get now, so i suggest anyone interested in it still gives it a shot. My friends that I did coop with really enjoyed it, so i may be an exception in this case. Expand
  8. Mar 14, 2021
    A good game for the fans of Attack on Titan comics. But the game needs more content to make the players content.
  9. Jun 25, 2020
    The story of the anime in Game.
    graphics 10/10 as if it came out of the anime.
    music 7/10 is not as good as its graphic but its not bad. I really really love using the 3D maneuver Gear , it feels so good and real, you can only hook whenever there's an actual building/tree to hook on. However the game has 1 major problem.its a 4 button combo to win. lock to neck,press boost up and
    The story of the anime in Game.
    graphics 10/10 as if it came out of the anime.
    music 7/10 is not as good as its graphic but its not bad.

However the game has 1 major problem.its a 4 button combo to win.
    lock to neck,press boost up and press the slice button. Nothing else. You barely use flair guns or sound bombs cause there's no need. Some titans bring new elements like break their legs,arms or burn their skin hair to damage them . however this is mostly used for boss battles.
    last but not least there's a horse and 3D gear update that its worth checking on .
    there's pleasure to be found But when the game is spam them 3 buttons in the right order surely gets old after a while.
    Online its not fun because unless you play with a group of people most of them will ignore everything and go straight for the 1 titan that will end the game once you kill it
    to end in a postie note its worth mentioning that some of the playable heroes have different arsenal. Use Levi Mikasa to be the bad-ass, Use Eren to become a titan, use Armin to command the others to do the major damage and which part to attack and last but not least use the rest for a normal gameplay( erwin-Zoe-shasha etc)

Mixed or average reviews - based on 58 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 1, 2016
    Punctuated by an impressive original score, Attack on Titan has just about everything one could ask for from a video game adaptation of the series. A few blemishes hold the game back from being something truly special, but Omega Force and Koei Tecmo are certainly on the right track.
  2. Games Master UK
    Oct 3, 2016
    High-wire hijinks in the spirit of the show. Who knew Omega Force had it in them? [Oct 2006, p.79]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Sep 28, 2016
    A proper, faithful blast, and it's much better than its release as a stopgap between seasons of the anime might suggest. Who says licensed games suck? [November 2016, p66]