7.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Aug 28, 2021
    This game is ok. The combat is great but repetitive and they don't let you play as Eren nearly as much as you should be. Outside of wonky character animations and some glitches this game is alright.
  2. Aug 21, 2021
    Completed 100%, from cover to cover, the game is amazing, the controls are not for everybody, but you can get used to it, the missions after the final are great
  3. Mar 14, 2021
    A good game for the fans of Attack on Titan comics. But the game needs more content to make the players content.
  4. Oct 23, 2020
    This one was ok. If you're a big fan of the anime, then you will still find a lot of enjoyment out of this. The combat is really fun and works well, I like the fact you can play multiple characters and level them up, I just struggled to get engaged with this one. I finished everything, but it didn't necessarily feel entertained. I'm sure it is a fairly cheap game to get now, so i suggestThis one was ok. If you're a big fan of the anime, then you will still find a lot of enjoyment out of this. The combat is really fun and works well, I like the fact you can play multiple characters and level them up, I just struggled to get engaged with this one. I finished everything, but it didn't necessarily feel entertained. I'm sure it is a fairly cheap game to get now, so i suggest anyone interested in it still gives it a shot. My friends that I did coop with really enjoyed it, so i may be an exception in this case. Expand
  5. Jul 18, 2020
    This game is a great addition to the aot franchise even if it is a retelling of the first season it's very addictive to play out the scenarios we love if you aren't a fan of the show it would be bland and drab but fans of the show will lap it up
  6. Jun 25, 2020
    The story of the anime in Game.
    graphics 10/10 as if it came out of the anime.
    music 7/10 is not as good as its graphic but its not bad. I really really love using the 3D maneuver Gear , it feels so good and real, you can only hook whenever there's an actual building/tree to hook on. However the game has 1 major problem.its a 4 button combo to win. lock to neck,press boost up and
    The story of the anime in Game.
    graphics 10/10 as if it came out of the anime.
    music 7/10 is not as good as its graphic but its not bad.

However the game has 1 major problem.its a 4 button combo to win.
    lock to neck,press boost up and press the slice button. Nothing else. You barely use flair guns or sound bombs cause there's no need. Some titans bring new elements like break their legs,arms or burn their skin hair to damage them . however this is mostly used for boss battles.
    last but not least there's a horse and 3D gear update that its worth checking on .
    there's pleasure to be found But when the game is spam them 3 buttons in the right order surely gets old after a while.
    Online its not fun because unless you play with a group of people most of them will ignore everything and go straight for the 1 titan that will end the game once you kill it
    to end in a postie note its worth mentioning that some of the playable heroes have different arsenal. Use Levi Mikasa to be the bad-ass, Use Eren to become a titan, use Armin to command the others to do the major damage and which part to attack and last but not least use the rest for a normal gameplay( erwin-Zoe-shasha etc)
  7. Jun 2, 2020
    Attack On Titan
    ...........................................................
  8. Nov 1, 2019
    Let's get straight to the point, the gameplay and feel of the OMD gear. Story is the same as the anime and characters voiced properly so it all comes down to the gamepaly review wise. Omega have done to the OMD what Treyarch did to web swinging in Spiderman 2.. Nailed it! It's clever and works well on a basic level, obsiously much like the web swinger, we can't perform such complicatedLet's get straight to the point, the gameplay and feel of the OMD gear. Story is the same as the anime and characters voiced properly so it all comes down to the gamepaly review wise. Omega have done to the OMD what Treyarch did to web swinging in Spiderman 2.. Nailed it! It's clever and works well on a basic level, obsiously much like the web swinger, we can't perform such complicated action as we see on our screens but what can be done, has been done, and exceptionally well at that. The combat flows well enough when things go right with is about 90% of the time, however when it goes wrong it does tend to mess you up a bit, and getting caught by a titan when you meant to move that way but the OMD clung to something else is quite irritating. But this does rarely happen. The titan gameplay is as monsterous as you'd like, crushing normal titans with a single blow with Eren is incredible, the only flaw with these sections is how the maps are designed for OMD gameplay, so when you're a titan, despite the fact buildings get crushed, it's like you're an oversized character making your way through a smaller world. Which I guess is technically corect lore wise but for the purposes of gameplay, it should have taken this into account a little more. Expand
  9. Sep 11, 2019
    A very fun game but you should pick up Attack on Titan 2 instead as it has the same stuff from this game (plus way more) and improves a lot.
  10. Jun 1, 2018
    It's mindless titan killing which is fun.
    Gameplay is fun and once you get used you'll just keep flying and cutting titans' napes. It's good that the few characters you have play differently.
    But it has a couple of problems though: - Gameplay gets easily repetitive. - Sidequests are just a way to make you replay stages over and over again. - Camera problems. - Has a very unstable
    It's mindless titan killing which is fun.

But it has a couple of problems though:
    - Gameplay gets easily repetitive.
    - Sidequests are just a way to make you replay stages over and over again.
    - Camera problems.
    - Has a very unstable framerate that may bother from time to time, specially mixed with the camera, when you're near many titans.
  11. May 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is made mostly for those who love to switch their brains off when they play, which is perfect for someone like me.

"Wings Of Freedom" follows the first 25 episodes of the popular anime, from the Colossal Titan's destruction of the most-outer wall to the appearance of the Female Titan. The Side Missions are mostly copy-and-paste with some interesting twists every once in a while.

You play as 10 characters; including Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Levi. All of them have a unique ability that can help out in battle; such as Eren's Titan Transformation or Levi's 5-hit Chain Attack. However, while they do have unique abilities for each character, all of them seem to play more-or-less the same as each other.

Graphics are great but the frame-rate can drop from time-to-time.

Gameplay is easy to learn, easy to master. the appeal of "Wings Of Freedom" is the high-paced action and bloody fatalities replicated from the show, but characters can sometimes get stuck on buildings and walls or even get grabbed by titans even though they just cut off their arm.

"Wings Of Freedom" uses a material-grinding system to upgrade Blades, Gas Supply and Gear which can put off a lot of people, especially Trophy/Achievement hunters (like me). If you want to 100% "Wings Of Freedom", be ready for a lot of grinding to get everything

{SPOILERS/100% TIPS AHEAD}

After you beat the story mode, "Dire Subjugations" (Secret Bosses) are unlocked, as well as 5 additional epilogue missions (where you can fight the Beast, Armoured and Colossal Titan), after which "True Attack Mode" (Hard Mode) is unlocked and "Requests" (Special Requirements i.e. Kill 5 Skinny Titans).

In order to 100% "Wings Of Freedom", you will need to:
    - Get the S rank and Dire Subjugation on every Main Mission on Normal and Hard = Medium
    - Complete all Requests on Normal and/or Hard = Medium
    - Reach Level 99 = Easy
    - Beat all Side Missions = Easy-Medium
    - Collect every Blade, Scabbard and ODMG (Omni Directional Movement Gear) = Medium

If you need help for any of these, please check out "factor747" tutorials for more info.

In conclusion, "Wings Of Freedom" is a fun game and definitely one to play with friends but completion junkies will have a hard time with this one. Some Glitches, Pointless Playable Character choices and Frustrating Hard Mode hold it back from a higher score.
  12. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is probably only going to appeal to fans of the anime, I would struggle to see anyone else pick this up and enjoy it.
    The controls come at you thick and fast and the action is almost instantaneous. It follows the story of the anime but at a much much faster pace. You literally fly through the game, hacking napes at the back of the Titan's necks dropping them like flies. I think I killed about 1,000,000 Titans within the first 17 minutes.
    Once you get used to the controls the game is a piece of p... really really easy. A total breeze.
    Very very fun though! If you like the anime, you should 100% pick this up from eBay at the weekend.
    Yatttta.
  13. Dec 7, 2016
    i'm a fan a attack of titan, i watched anime attack of titan but titan is not good
    not same anime , anime titan is very reailtiy but this game titan is nor reaility
  14. Nov 11, 2016
    If you are a fan of the series then you should definitely check this out. Stays true to the spirit and tone of the series both in terms of presentation and gameplay. Performance isn't perfect but it is great nevertheless.
  15. Oct 27, 2016
    Grandioso video juego. El juego adapta muy fielmente el anime de Attack on Titan de manera perfecta. La ambientacion es muy buena y nos sumerge en el mundo medieval de la serie. La jugabilidad es muy buena y afortunadamente el juego es facil. Otra excelente joya de video juego que nos llega de Japon.
  16. Oct 10, 2016
    Bueno, este juego es muy divertido, no soy de platinos pero me ha gustado tanto que quiero sacarle todo el jugo a A.O.T Wings of Freedom, sin embargo llega a un punto que se vuelvo muy repetitivo, esto es lo que muchas personas se han quejado, pero, sacar todos los trajes, todas las armas, todos los equipos es un reto el cual quiero cumplir.
    En el online, se puede jugar con 3 personas más
    En el online, se puede jugar con 3 personas más y es muy cómico quitarle el objetivo a un compañero tuyo cuando él se ha esforzado por matarlo. Pero entrar a una dificultad muy alta con un nivel muy bajo, es aburridor ya que no rasguñas a los Titanes, solo serás el espectador de la persona con el nivel alto.
    En general es un juego para su precio inicial de 60 no vale la pena, al menos de que seas muy fan de la serie, cuando baje a 40 tiene muy buen contenido para ese valor.
    Si eres fan de la serie te sentirás inmerso en el mundo de Atack On Titan.
    Es un juego que vale tener en la colección.
  17. Sep 27, 2016
    This game does a great job capturing the anime series.

It's so satisfying killing titans and it's surprisingly fun.

Though sometimes the camera and targets can be frustrating at times like when several titans are cramp together. Also I don't understand how they didn't dub the English version. But other then that this game worth trying.
  18. Sep 25, 2016
    Infelizmente parece que a Koei Tecmo parou no tempo, fica produzindo jogos de 6° geração com engine extremamente ultrapassada. Esses jogos genéricos não cativam mais, eles precisam atualizar essa engine, deixar o ambiente mais vivo, com fisica plástica e realista e gráficos bonitos. Não dá pra engolir essas merdas, Koei, não dá!
  19. Sep 24, 2016
    This game is one more, pass unnoticed in the generation, the fighting is monotone when you have more than two, graficamente is passable and dubbing is poor the more, fianlizando this exclusive PS4 once again left frustrated many people but the most hardened fans of manga and anime series.
  20. Sep 16, 2016
    As a huge fan of both the anime and the manga, I decided to buy this game, even though a lot of game reviewers had given it mediocre reviews. However, I was pleasantly suprises at how good the game was.

STORY- the game follows the story of the first season, and also part of the second season (which is entirely optional, in case you don't want it spoiled) as you play through, you switch characters depending on the chapter of the story, and each character has pros and cons to them, so it feels quite varied. For example, leuitenant levi is really powerful, and cuts through Titans unbelievably fast, but uses up blades and gas just as quick, whereas armin is quite weak, but gives orders to other soldiers instead, having them act as his damage dealers. However, the story misses out many parts from the anime, leaving the story with quite a few holes that make it run less smoothly. I would not recommend playing this as a substitute of the anime and/or manga.

COMBAT- the gameplay is very well done and smooth. Using the ODM gear is very fun, and makes the combat feel similar to the show. Can use the ODM gear to traverse the map, but you need to be careful, as if you get stuck on a flat plain, you won't be able to grapple. However, you are given a horse to traverse plains. lock on system is also good, allowing you to lock on to different body parts to take them out, and disabling body parts will have different effects. For example, disabling the legs will stop the Titans from walking, while disabling the arms will stop the Titans from grabbing you. However, you can just go straight for the nape to take them out, but doing so opens you up to the risk of being grabbed and possibly killed.

GAMEPLAY- there are two modes of gameplay: attack mode (the story), and expedition mode, in which you do survey missions, completing different objectives to get materials and regiment funds, that you can use to buy and upgrade equipment. You can play expedition mode either alone or with a squad of four players, who can either be friends or strangers. You can choose one of ten characters to play this mode, and as they all have different abilities, you can choose a character you don't play as normally, making the game harder. The AI in the game is also pretty good, although there can be strange moments in which they seem to glitch.

CONCLUSION- the game is ultimately a great anime game, and the combat will make you feel as though you are in the show, although the combat may end up feeling quite repetitive. The story is also quite accurate, but you should really already know the full story before playing this. If you are a big fan of attack on Titan, you must play this!
  21. Sep 7, 2016
    For the first game out in the US using this anime its actually not bad, not good but worth a look at.

Graphics, they look on par with ps3 toward the end of its life while still looking like any other generic anime game. Story, The story follows the anime if not all then most of it (been some time since I've watched the anime). Gamplay, This is where it shines the most its almost

Gamplay, This is where it shines the most its almost fluid how you zip from location to location using your omnidirectional gear or slashing through the limbs and neck of the titans.
    while its not like the anime where only a few titans get through at a time this is just like any other dynasty warriors or samurai warriors game, the enemy has already invade now fight them back.

Cons, the major 1 you'll come across is the titans getting stuck in or on walls/buildings, When you try to attack you'll either hit it or deal little to no damage or get stuck in the wall with them as they continue to step on you while still sitting still.
    Another problem that happens mid way through the game is the horses, they follow you but they also push you as your trying to run a couple of feet to latch on to the next titan. I found myself getting more pissed off cause they would constantly run in front of me.
    Lastly once done with the game you find yourself thinking why come back. There is no end game except the missions but that's literally kill titans, do side-mission, and get a good grade on the missions.

Overall, its not bad worth a buy if its pre-owned or on sale. not really worth a $60 value.
  22. Sep 7, 2016
    Why do so many scores of perfect 10 come from a user who just made the account and only has 1 review? I see this ALL the time. Which is unfortunate…
    I want a pay site that is guaranteed honesty and not a purchased opinion. This game is average but it shoulda been great! But its not…This shouolda gone to Rocksteady based strictly on how they handled Batmans gliding….I will be keeping this though
  23. Sep 5, 2016
    Although the game does the same basic thing on each level, it still manages to keep it fresh and interesting. And yes, I have seen the anime, and I must say that this game goes along very well with the story. The movement can be annoying at times, but I still really enjoy it. It feels really good to kill the titans just before they eat someone. The game can get repetitive at times, butAlthough the game does the same basic thing on each level, it still manages to keep it fresh and interesting. And yes, I have seen the anime, and I must say that this game goes along very well with the story. The movement can be annoying at times, but I still really enjoy it. It feels really good to kill the titans just before they eat someone. The game can get repetitive at times, but each time it's still really fun to cut down titans left and right. I would recommend this game for PS4, haven't played on PC, but on PS4 it works really well! Expand
  24. Sep 3, 2016
    At first I wasn't sure about buying this game, afraid of it being dissapointing... But wow this game is really great. The graphics look amazing, it was nice playing trhough the story again.

I admit that after playing the story the game gets repetitive but I think the gameplay is good enough to play it for a while longer. I played the for about 30 hours and I'm planning on playing more in the future!
  25. Sep 1, 2016
    Attack on Titan is out in video game form, following the events of the first season of the critically hit anime and manga. Is this the game fans have been waiting for all these years or does it get eaten by a horde of titans? Let’s find out.

Story Titans have invaded into Shiganshina District and are destroying wall Maria, affecting the main characters Eren, Mikasa, and Armin's lives

Story
    Titans have invaded into Shiganshina District and are destroying wall Maria, affecting the main characters Eren, Mikasa, and Armin's lives forever. With their city destroyed and their parents killed, they decide to join the survey corps to kill and destroy the titans from ever invading again. After five years of training, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin – with the help of their squad - return to fill out their duties to fight the titans and protect the human race. Attack on Titan follows the first season of the show to a tee, with a different kind of art style but still manages to keep the feeling that it is an anime. While the story does follow the first season of the anime it strays away from it in the final chapter and goes into the manga, which could be an issue for those who have only watched the show.

Gameplay
    Attack on Titan is a third person, action packed game with a diverse and sometimes complicated battle system. There are two modes in this game: maneuver mode and battle mode. When you approach a titan you hit your R1/R2 button to enter the battle mode and from there you use your right stick to pick which part of the body to attack; some parts are very important because they contain materials which will help you upgrade your equipment. The only way to kill a titan is by hitting them in the back of the neck and in order to do that you must enter battle mode, choose with your right stick where to hit, hit the square button or X button, and when you are close enough to the neck hit the triangle or O button to unleash a more powerful hit. The upgrade system in this game is quite wonderful, more diverse and complex than I ever expected it to be; in between missions you can go to the barracks wherever they may be at the time and upgrade your blades and maneuver gear. You must have the appropriate materials to get these upgrades; you acquire those by cutting off titans certain limbs. You must have enough funds and those are given to you depending on how well you do on the previous mission.

Verdict
    Attack on Titan is five chapters long, but you will want to be done by the third chapter. It becomes very repetitive and sometimes overwhelming with the amount of enemies that are on the screen along with the tasks you have to complete. There are side missions to do while you are on the battlefield which can seem very tedious and repetitive because they are the same thing over and over again. This game makes you feel very rushed when you are trying to complete the main objective; some of them are so hard and you have side missions to do at the same time so the game can feel overwhelming. Taking on characters such as Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Levi is great because they are so diverse with their skills and abilities, but after a while it becomes the same thing. Attack on Titan is certainly worth renting but, not worth sixty dollars.

Attack on Titan 5/10
    Reviewed by ICE at Gamers of the Round Table
  26. Aug 31, 2016
    I think a lot of the negative reception might be coming from a bad first impression. This game does have a lackluster tutorial and from what I've found out a lot of how to play the game right came from teaching myself. However, when you learn how this game works, all the insides and outs of the combat system, you will discover one of the most brilliant combat systems ever found in gaming.I think a lot of the negative reception might be coming from a bad first impression. This game does have a lackluster tutorial and from what I've found out a lot of how to play the game right came from teaching myself. However, when you learn how this game works, all the insides and outs of the combat system, you will discover one of the most brilliant combat systems ever found in gaming. There's a lot to take in when it comes to combat mechanics and timing as well as item management and ally management but With enough practice (and this game does need some dedication to truly master it) you will experience unrivaled fun. Easily one of the best action games I've ever played.

As for the story; I would have liked to have seen something original, maybe with a create a character, but, really, It's a direct translation of the Anime and the anime itself has a great story and characters so, I can't complain. There's plenty of contend and variety as well as enough upgrades and character abilities to keep it fresh. On the surface it may seem like a typical Koei game that plunders into repetition and monotony quickly but, much like Dragon Quest Heroes and Hyrule Warriors; This game is an overall higher quality than your standard Dynasty Warriors outing.

If you like Ballistic 'balls to the wall' action and are willing to practice this is a perfect game. I absolutely love it
  27. Aug 31, 2016
    If you are a fan of attack on titan this is a must play! Some important story details are passed quickly but only to get you into the action. Each character even tho they have generally the same abilities definitely feel different. When you switch from the badass mikasa to the mindful armin going about battles the same way will not work out for you. Game looks great, and plays great.If you are a fan of attack on titan this is a must play! Some important story details are passed quickly but only to get you into the action. Each character even tho they have generally the same abilities definitely feel different. When you switch from the badass mikasa to the mindful armin going about battles the same way will not work out for you. Game looks great, and plays great. Underlining upgrade system if easy to understand and fun to play with as you get better gear your character model will reflect that. Get to elaborate on some story points the anime glosses over as well so its a give and take and keeps the story in the action. Action is repetitive but if you go as hard and as fast as you can its always entertaining. Navigation has a little bit of a learning curve and still feels a little clunky after you master it, but compare your first few hours and later in the game will feel like you are a god on ODM gear. I was also happy to see its not the same for the titans. Yes you will see models repeated but if you are fighting a group they are not all going to look or act the same. I think there are ~200 different titans? Expand
  28. Aug 30, 2016
    Game is great so far lots of stuff from the anime makes me feel like I'm watching the anime all over again but playing the game at the same time gameplay is great could get a little repetitive but what game doesn't
  29. Aug 30, 2016
    If you're a fan of the series you're gonna love this game. It's not one of those titles that should be played by people who don't already love the source material. It can be repetitive once you get it down, but most games are. Maybe for sixty dollars you wont find it worth it, but a lot of the time a rating ends up being based on how much you paid for it to begin with. Wait for the priceIf you're a fan of the series you're gonna love this game. It's not one of those titles that should be played by people who don't already love the source material. It can be repetitive once you get it down, but most games are. Maybe for sixty dollars you wont find it worth it, but a lot of the time a rating ends up being based on how much you paid for it to begin with. Wait for the price to go down and you'll see this game in a better light than if you got it now. The movement is fluid and responsive, the art style is amazing, and zipping around cutting up titans is satisfying. Sure there may not be to much to this game, but support this one enough, and maybe we'll get a sequel with things that happen after the anime, like human enemies and the like. Who knows? For now I feel perfectly fine supporting this fully. Expand
  30. Aug 30, 2016
    Honestly this game is just beyond amazing....i cried i laughed....i hurt....if you do not pick this up you're missing out. This game is blows 4/10's like overwatch and dark souls out of the water...just kidding lmao this game is alright get it when it's like 30 - 40 bucks not worth 60 unless you're a huge AOT fan just giving it a 10 to support anime style games since they don't get enoughHonestly this game is just beyond amazing....i cried i laughed....i hurt....if you do not pick this up you're missing out. This game is blows 4/10's like overwatch and dark souls out of the water...just kidding lmao this game is alright get it when it's like 30 - 40 bucks not worth 60 unless you're a huge AOT fan just giving it a 10 to support anime style games since they don't get enough love......we're are all soldiers now... Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 58 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 1, 2016
    Punctuated by an impressive original score, Attack on Titan has just about everything one could ask for from a video game adaptation of the series. A few blemishes hold the game back from being something truly special, but Omega Force and Koei Tecmo are certainly on the right track.
  2. Games Master UK
    Oct 3, 2016
    High-wire hijinks in the spirit of the show. Who knew Omega Force had it in them? [Oct 2006, p.79]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Sep 28, 2016
    A proper, faithful blast, and it's much better than its release as a stopgap between seasons of the anime might suggest. Who says licensed games suck? [November 2016, p66]