7.9

1. Jun 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll start with the positives: graphically (at least from a technical standpoint) the game is outstanding -- texture and model detail is superb, the effects are impressive, and everything looks solid; audio is also decent -- the music sets the mood without being intrusive, the crunch of fist against body is satisfying, and for the most part the voice acting is above average (although at times Kevin Conroy sounds like he's wearing ill-fitting dentures). The frame rate seems fairly consistent, texture pop-in is minimal, and all in all it's a good example of what the Unreal engine can do when it's pushed.

Brawling mechanics are largely unchanged, although it feels a little easier than before, the enemies are less varied, and there's less incentive to get creative. Occasionally Bats will still punch forlornly at the air rather than head towards an opponent, but it seems to happen less often than in Origins and the addition of a few tag-team fights spices it up, and overall it's still a fun diversion.

Unfortunately, from here it all goes a bit downhill. The first three instalments really felt like you *were* Batman, and that Gotham City (or Arkham Asylum) were real locations, but in Arkham Knight this sense of person and place are missing. For starters the city is too big, and due to some of the gameplay mechanics you're either high above it or at ground level in one of the (all too frequent) "World of Tanks: Gotham Edition" shooting sections (more on which later), neither of which allow for any real involvement in the location. In previous games I always knew where I was and could navigate by landmarks, but AK becomes an exercise in "follow the marker".

Other elements are missing: In City and Origins the street thugs played a central role in the game, but in AK they may as well not be there. The Predator encounters are few and far between, the environments they occur in are poorly designed, and there's little sense of suspense or tension. One thing I particularly miss is random street brawls; yes, they're available, but they seem pointless somehow -- there's little reason to ever approach street level on foot (and until you've cleared an area of all its tanks it's actually a recipe for death), and apart from the Riddler informants you gain nothing for your trouble.

If those were its only defects the game wouldn't be so bad -- still the weakest in the series, but enjoyable. What really spoils the experience, though, boils down to two things:

First, the plot. It's confused, predictable, dull, and at points you have to wonder how Batman can claim to be "the world's greatest detective" when "chemicals are being mixed at the chemical plant" is a surprise to him, or any of the other mind-numbingly obvious "surprises" that the dunderhead can't spot a mile off. Also, while it's true that Bats is a little emotionally unstable, this game paints him as being somewhere on the border between sociopath and psychopath, and while we're endlessly reminded that he "doesn't kill people" it certainly doesn't feel that way at points, particularly when the Batmobile comes in to play...

...and the Batmobile is the final nail in the coffin. The first time you get in it it's pretty freakin' sweet and the first time you switch to combat mode and blow up some tanks is fun, but the 100th time you go through the EXACT SAME "shoot loads of tanks" section the novelty has worn off. Despite acquiring upgrades the general combat mechanic remains the same (hold L2, fire a missile, strafe to avoid incoming fire while it recharges, repeat), and you get the feeling these moments are in there simply to justify the vehicle's inclusion. They're dull, repetitive, and feel about as un-Batmanlike as it's possible to be, and the less said about the lengthy, tedious, frustrating, and honest-to-goodness PAINFUL battle against the uber-weapon at the end of Act 2 the better. (The Batmobile even comes in to play in the Riddler side missions -- sure, some are puzzles and mildly diverting, but some are, I kid you not, RACES AGAINST THE CLOCK.)

I've replayed the previous three instalments several times, each time to 100%, collecting every last Riddler trophy, wiping out all the Most Wanted, the whole nine yards. Arkham Knight, in contrast, is getting traded in now I've finished the main plot (and I only persevered with that out of a desire for it to be over rather than because I gave a hoot about what was going on.

Origins may have been something of a let down at the time, but in contrast to this appalling mess it's an absolute gem. A bitterly disappointing end to the series; avoid it at all costs.
  2. Jun 23, 2015
    Bought this game with the hope of something new, something exiting, something enthraling. This game did not deliver in any sense whatsoever (except the graphics, which frankly fail to make the game any better). For anybody looking to buy this game, I'd suggest not. I cannot say for sure you'll be dissapointed, but it's just the same from the past games with an added (and extremely overusedBought this game with the hope of something new, something exiting, something enthraling. This game did not deliver in any sense whatsoever (except the graphics, which frankly fail to make the game any better). For anybody looking to buy this game, I'd suggest not. I cannot say for sure you'll be dissapointed, but it's just the same from the past games with an added (and extremely overused vehicle), so maybe try and be cautious with whether you buy this game or not. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2015
    Batman Arkham Knight is a game that improves on the combat and graphics from previous games in the Batman franchise but everything else suffers because of that, the missions are simple and predictable, the bat mobile which is supposed to be a genre defining feature ends up being pointless and repetitive. This game was WAY to hyped!
  4. Oct 28, 2017
    I only give it 1, because I want to reserve 0 for something really special. And Batman: AK is not special. It is just bad. I have spent about 2h on this game, and there wasn't one pleasant moment during that time. Everything is terrible here: story, camera, batmobil, fighting, grappling. Graphics is just atrocious, very dark and cheap. Everything looks exactly the same. Moving to someI only give it 1, because I want to reserve 0 for something really special. And Batman: AK is not special. It is just bad. I have spent about 2h on this game, and there wasn't one pleasant moment during that time. Everything is terrible here: story, camera, batmobil, fighting, grappling. Graphics is just atrocious, very dark and cheap. Everything looks exactly the same. Moving to some roof, just to do some stupid stuff seems pointless. I expect nothing and still was severely disappointed. I really can't understand how people can play it, yet how they think this game deserves 10/10. Last week I played Mad Max for about 15h. It wasn't an ideal game, but solid 7/10, and I thought Batman AK would be in the same league. Little did I know. Expand
  5. Jul 29, 2015
    They ruined it with batmobile , its get boring more and more ... boss fights with batmobile ?? Its batman , not terminator. Arkham city was soooooo much better
  6. Sep 12, 2017
    The game is a mess of unorganized content thrown at you at without any design. It's a far cry away from the clever level design of Arkham asylum that actually asked you to problem solve.
  7. Jun 28, 2015
    Was so tempted to give this game a big fat zero, but that's very unfair of me. Despite it's flaws it is still a good game, but it isn't great like it was hyped up to be. In fact it is a major disappointment.

- Story is lackluster (a lot of missing villains and predictable story) - Lack of boss battles, literally it's just the same repetitive predator missions or tank battles - TOO

- Story is lackluster (a lot of missing villains and predictable story)
    - TOO MUCH BATMOBILE. The game is too heavily focused on the batmobile.
    - Lack of new changes to combat, no skilled fighting enemies or martial artists like in Arkham Origins
    - NO CHALLENGE MAPS! You heard right, there is no challenge mode in this game. Just Augmented reality challenges, and you can only use play as batman and his stupid car.
    - DLC galore, expensive season pass and too many dlc exclusives.

The game is a real shambles, and has failed on so many levels.
  8. Jul 10, 2015
    I hate the way they used the batmovil... i rather play mario kart (who plays mario kart against time qhen you can play with your friends anyway?).
    The plotline solved with a lame deus ex machina, Rocksteady promises a great game, but, they bring this on.
    combat system is great, references are great too, but after quite time you get bored about combat (like in the last batman games). if this were a movie, i surely goes to the cinema three or 10 times to see it but as a game...
  9. Oct 19, 2015
    Pros:
    Great Characters
    Respect for source material
    Looks Amazing

Cons:
    **** on PC
    Batmoblie is awkward and overused

PS4: 8/10
    XBOXONE:8/10
    PC:4/10 (Do NOT play this on PC. The graphics are bull**** and there are technical bugs EVERYWHERE!)
  10. Jun 25, 2015
    I have to hand it to the story writers of the game, as writing the story for this game was clearly a labor of love, and they had to have some talented people working for them that really have respect for the batman universe, and I personally have no objections with the way they've wrapped up this series (as far as the story is concerned...more below!).

On the other hand though, the

On the other hand though, the mechanisms they used to deliver this story (gameplay) was something that I have serious problems with. This title is loaded with anti-climactic non-engagements with many of the main villains, and has absolutely ZERO boss fights.

Some will argue that the vehicle battles with the Arkham Knight leading up to the final encounter with him would count as a boss fight, or that the final vehicle battle with Deathstroke is a boss fight (which is exactly the same tank battle as the one with the Arkham Knight). Those people would be missing the point entirely. There is absolutely no direct engagement with any of Batman's rivals WHAT. SO. EVER. Not in any way that should be considered a "boss fight" anyway.

It's almost kind of cruel that the game is designed for you to go through the "Most Wanted" quest lines, which are basically side quests that have the player going after the various major villains that are central to the Batman stories, and once the player completes the quest line, they might be rewarded with a pseudo-boss fight (as with Deathstroke), or get to make a "life-or-death" decision (as with the Azrael quest line), but no actual fight or battle takes place that presents the player with anything that resembles a challenge.

Having a great story is a very important part of a great game, but robbing your customers and fans of any sort of finality or closure by not giving them any engagement whatsoever with any villain in the game other than vehicle fights and skirmishes with henchmen is, at least in my mind, extremely lazy and unforgivable.

The script for this game would have been better off being sold off to an animation studio for another animated Batman movie because that's essentially what Rocksteady gave us with this title...an interactive animated movie.

It's unfortunate because up to this point, I really enjoyed the blending of a great story with an action packed games through the Arkham titles, with boss battles that while not the most difficult in the world, presented some challenge and kept me engaged with the story that was being conveyed. The formula for Arkham Knight just fell way too short for me.

I would strongly recommend waiting to find this game in the bargain bin. Definitely do yourselves a favor and don't make the same mistake I did by paying full price for this "game."
  11. Sep 3, 2015
    I've now played this game for many more hours. I like it even less. I do not know what the people who give this game such high numbers are seeing. I see a horribly repetitious game with the same exact scenarios except there are more COBRA tanks or whatever. The player works hard to get upgrades to the awful Batmobile just to find that they are useless in the tougher fights. You still haveI've now played this game for many more hours. I like it even less. I do not know what the people who give this game such high numbers are seeing. I see a horribly repetitious game with the same exact scenarios except there are more COBRA tanks or whatever. The player works hard to get upgrades to the awful Batmobile just to find that they are useless in the tougher fights. You still have to shoot the Cobra is the butt anyway. It is a simple "lather, rinse and repeat" game. Not to mention side quests (i.e rescue firemen) that do not finish for one game flaw reason or another. The game is uninspired and irritating. Expand
  12. Jun 29, 2015
    Constantly having the Batmobile shoehorned into mission, some of which are pure **** in terms of mechanics, ultimately ruined this game for me. Compare to Arkham City, this was a huge disappointment.
  13. Jul 6, 2015
    Endless drones. Extremely repetitive batmobile/tank gameplay. Horrible batmobile handling (sliding all over the place). You don't feel like the batman in the batmobile. The boss fights involving the batmobile are really boring/repetitive. Also, the load times on this game are terrible.

If the batmobile sections could be purged, this would be a great game. As it stands, I am sad for my purchase.
  14. Nov 23, 2019
    Bought this game on sale after seeing all the high review scores. Never played any of the previous Batman games. I played the game for about an hour and then became frustrated by the lack of tutorial, guidance, gps, navigation system. I didn’t know where to go or what to do. Stopped playing it and never went back.
  15. Jun 25, 2015
    The parts where you're playing as batman are fine. More of the same and there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is the batmobile. It's forced into the gameplay at every turn. Even the stealth sections!
    You're sneaking around and there's three guys behind the wall. What are you going to do?
    Maybe drop in on them from the roof? Maybe you if explode the wall you could take them out
    Maybe drop in on them from the roof?
    Maybe you if explode the wall you could take them out along with it?
    What if you sneak in through the grate or under the floor?
    Oh what's that batman? You won't be able to do anything at all here unless you can get the car into the compound to pull the wall down?
    You need the car in the stealth section batman? Your car?

**** off batman
  16. Jun 26, 2015
    This is not a bad game but rather this is not the game that was wanted nor expected.

This is not a batman game with some batmobile content. Rather this is a batmobile game that occasionally features some batmobile gaming which is not what the Arkham series is about. The controls of the batmobile are in reverse of virtually all other games which wouldn't be so bad outside of the fact that you cannot change them.

The motion sickness that you get from this game is really bad if you suck at driving this vehicle as most people will since the game does nothing to actually show you how to use the car. The view of the car will randomly change if you get in too tight of spaces and then it will wildly spin the entire screen out and you will have to stop playing to reorient yourself and then die. You will die a LOT. I haven't felt like this since the 1980's Nintendo battletoad's which wouldn't be so bad if the entire game didn't feel like the jumping level. I felt like the game is punishing me for not liking vehicle games and I shouldn't be after paying $60 for it.

In short, this is indeed a fitting end for Rocksteady and WB games. These two companies have increasingly treated players like cash machines rather than customers. Their support, since the start, has been a joke. They have been releasing game after game without actually ever addressing the quality concerns. Arkham City was the greatest game of the series and it had SAVING issues that wiped many players out and it was basically ignored by them.

I am finished with these two companies for their complete lack of customer service ideals. I am a retailer and will not be pushing these games at all.
  17. Sep 9, 2015
    The game is boring. They make you use the battank for too long. You have to fight tanks all the time during the game. The worse game on batman series.
  18. Jun 24, 2015
    "We're going to make you play racing games in a tank with zero handling."

- the makers of this unfun game

Seriously, this is the worst part of the game for any completionist. Everything is Batmobile related. I'd like to finish please, and getting held up on this ridiculous nonsense is bull. The Souls series is easier than these racing minigames.
  19. Jul 9, 2015
    This game sucks. Arkham Origins is miles better than this game, and Arkham City is a Once in a generation type game. But this... this is boring. And its all because of that stupid batmobile, that useless vehicle kills the game. There isn't enough batman and too much batmobile. In fact, Batmobile: Arkham Knight would have been a more suitable tittle for this game. And then there is theThis game sucks. Arkham Origins is miles better than this game, and Arkham City is a Once in a generation type game. But this... this is boring. And its all because of that stupid batmobile, that useless vehicle kills the game. There isn't enough batman and too much batmobile. In fact, Batmobile: Arkham Knight would have been a more suitable tittle for this game. And then there is the boring main villains, Arkham knight sucks and wtf... Scarecrow is now some sort of weird zombie guy. In theory my rating is a 4 but I had to give it a zero to even out the user score. Expand
  20. Jun 25, 2015
    dont get fooled by those flashy reviews(except the gamespot review),its only good at beginning,then the quality goes nose dive,terrible storyline,forced and unbearable batmobile control,lots meaningless filler side quests,and there is this 40 bucks season pass BS,stay away from this trap!
  21. Jun 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First the story is very predictable if you know anything about Batman comics. If you don't know too much than you will probably like it more than i did. The whole Tim Drake / Barbara Gordon thing comes out of left field and really isn't necessary. I mean actually the Arkham Unhinged comic actually says Grayson and Gordon had a past relationship. Which makes it wierd to the point it is actually distracting. Tim is practically Barbara's little brother. They could have inserted Spoiler into Barbara's kidnapping position and at least I wouldn't reject it. The Arkham Knight's identity I figured out 6 months ago when they first announced it so that fell a little flat. I mean really what major Batman character is missing and could possibly fit the bill. But they did do some really amazing story-telling tricks with flashbacks that I loved. Also the Joker was very entertaining. Moving to missions - Locking out the other islands or gadgets required for side missions makes going out and doing them in the first place difficult. I did Nightwing's because it was so easy and requires practically nothing. Which is not very rewarding to not be challenged in the slightest. This also bugged me that they blew off Batman's greatest ally with the excuse of "Oh no... You have to watch Bludhaven" Yeah like that place has Scarecrow toxin turning into a literal hell. There are some really annoying bits about trying to find easy objectives in some instances that make the game really frustrating. Like being stuck in a room for 5 minutes running in circles trying to find the right door to go in because I could not find a single bit of orange. when the Batmobile was chased by one of the big tanks it would switch the camera view to this camera that was really far and even the car's controls felt different. That would end up getting me killed several times easily. But after a while I actually like the Batmobile gameplay in general it was a very cool and different addition. Oh and the no loading screen thing is cleverly disguised with the old Mass Effect elevators trick. The first 'ending' was okay, if it was an actual ending it would be great, but even the post-knightfall ending was just... not good. So Batman gives himself a superpower of being part-scarecrow, really? The whole Tim/Barbara getting engaged thing was like a cherry on top of just a story I really didn't care for. I know a lot of these things are nitpicky but too bad, I spent $100 bucks on this thing. I'm giving this game a negative review for the fact my expectations were extremely high, and they weren't met, especially story-wise. I have never bought a season pass for a game before and I probably will never do that blindly again but hopefully that Batgirl DLC makes up for it. Expand
  22. Jul 5, 2015
    This **** game is broken on so many levels. Long cut-scenes, short gameplay and WAY too much batmobile. I just started new game plus and now there are no indicators on enemies heads to show if they are attacking. None. It's like playing the game blind. **** Rocksteady for this atrocity. Arkham city is vastly superior to this garbage.
  23. Jun 24, 2015
    -you don't even have to aim at the target to kill them just keep spamming the attack button, I can beat this game with one hand.

-forced to use the pos batmobile in half ass missions.

-this garbage shouldn't even be called a game more like a **** interactive batman movie with a **** story.

-gamespot's 7/10 review was being generous, all those 10/10 reviews are paid shills.
  24. Jun 25, 2015
    I had not played the other Arkham games in the series on PS3, so I was expecting something spectacular based on the hype and other reviews of this game. I purchased the game the day after launch and was excited to give it a shot.

The original graphics were nice, but i found the gliding to be very clunky and the grappling hook not being able to hook onto anything even when you are next to it. It seems there are fixed positions that you can grab onto, which is goofy.

There are a lot of reviews on here complaining about the batmobile, and for the most part they are dead on the money. The car slides all over the place and the movements are awkward. The controls for the batmobile are so awkward, that they should have kept to the standard car racing controls of any other game in gaming history. Not sure why they changed something when there werent any issues with it to begin with. The attack mode on the batmobile seems so forced and just isnt a fun experience in my opinion.

I played the game for about 30 minutes and was very disappointed and have sold the game already trying to get some of my money back.

This is solely my thoughts of the game and each player expects something else from the games they buy, and this one failed my expectations.
  25. Jun 30, 2015
    Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City were two of my favorite games. They were fantastically detailed, rich with story and were expertly polished games overall. I was extremely excited for the release of Batman: Arkham Knight...as one could probably imagine. The graphics in this game are exceptional and the city looks absolutely beautiful. However, where are all the sideBatman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City were two of my favorite games. They were fantastically detailed, rich with story and were expertly polished games overall. I was extremely excited for the release of Batman: Arkham Knight...as one could probably imagine. The graphics in this game are exceptional and the city looks absolutely beautiful. However, where are all the side missions and stories? The game just feels like an empty sandbox with nothing to do. A huge part of what made the previous two games incredible was their rich content. Their stories were amazing as well. This game just seemed to branch off in a completely different direction and it had no focus whatsoever. Where are all of the loose-ends and villains from the previous games? Additionally, while the Batmobile may be fun at times, mostly it is just a nuisance and it takes away from the experience of being Batman. I miss the feelings that came to me when playing Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. This game seems to have ignored everything the previous two games had to offer. It is the biggest disappointment, in my opinion, to ever come out. Again, visually the game is stunning. But this game has none of the magic that made the previous two games so special. Overall, it just feels like a rushed and unpolished product and a lazy excuse for a finale that people have waited four years for. Expand
  26. Jun 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When this game was announced I was looking forward to it and reserved the Special Edition PS4 with the game. At first it was fun, but the Batmobile kept popping up and needed to be used to complete parts of the story. It has lousy controls and drives like a brick. As a GT6 fan it reminds me of a Bugatti, very fast but not really driveable. I feel that the Batmobile gets the "starring" role in this game and Batman is just there to minor things. As with Batman Arkham Origins you quickly get put into situations that are frustrating too early in the game when you barely have started to play. As others have said, Batman does not use guns, he abhors them, but we are forced to use the Batmobile that is armed. I don't ever remember the Batmobile being a tank, except in Frank Miller's story( but he called it the Bat Tank).
    As I write this,I'm approximately 6% through the game and I'm completely frustrated by the over reliance on the Batmobile. During battle mode the controls are really clunky and fighting both aerial and ground forces at the same time is aggravating. The camera controls don't function well and the weaponry takes forever to reload. If Bruce Wayne really armed the Batmobile, this would not be how he would do it. It's supposed to be a Batman game , no a car / tank battle game. I really enjoyed the first 2 Batman games (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City) but this one leaves me not so happy.
  27. Jul 4, 2015
    I couldn't have been more disappointed with this game.

It's nothing we haven't seen and done before in the series. It coasts by on a series of recycled elements and poorly executed new ones. Remember how Hugo Strange and Joker would taunt Arkham City to break the will of the inmates, or Batman? Here Scarecrow combines those two things… badly. Remember how stealth was challenging but
    I couldn't have been more disappointed with this game.

Remember how Hugo Strange and Joker would taunt Arkham City to break the will of the inmates, or Batman? Here Scarecrow combines those two things… badly. Remember how stealth was challenging but rewarding? Now skill has been taken out of the equation. The Batsuit is upgraded: the first time you use it you can speed takedown three armed thugs at once with no effort. Remember the clever Riddler puzzles? Now he's into underground death races – why? The first challenge you solve is pressing the circle button on the controller. The Riddler hostage missions have been swapped for the Firemen rescue missions so that's not particularly original or interesting either. I laughed at the contrivance of the Riddler creating a perfect Batmobile sized elevator for entrance to his death race track though!

In previous games Batman would get on the Batphone just enough. Here, like a teenager, it seems he's never off the phone. He even gets into a conference calls! He relies on Oracle so much that I started to think he should use his "genius level intellect" to do his own detective work.

Let's talk about the Batmobile. It's AWFUL. It handles appallingly and the controls are counter-intuitive to every driving game. The game forces it on you by having entrances only the Batmobile can open. There's a rooftop jump sequence that wants to be like Batman Begins, except it's clunky and frustrating because it's so hard to pilot. It feels like a cross between GTA IV and a tank/mech combat title which is not a nice mix. The game shills it on you by flashing up [L1] ENTER BATMOBILE at every opportunity yet if you weren't forced to use it you could get the job done just fine with Bats on foot. The game shills it on you again by having the criminals chat about how cool it is, how they'd joyride it. I read that the final third of the game relies upon it, and I have to say after an hour in the city and repeatedly trying the first Riddler challenge I never want to use it again. The tragedy is that the Batwing would work well in a city this big, but once again it's just drops plot items. The Batwing could have been fun. The Batmobile isn't.

The new Batsuit makes ol' Bats tougher and faster despite being heavier. Lucius Fox technobabbles about how and why but it's irrelevant. The grapnel boost/gliding mechanic of Arkham City required finesse but was satisfying. Grapnel Boost Mk II requires no skill as it punts Bats so high into the air. Allied to the same old combat (now with a camera more likely to get in your way) it feels like there's no skill to it. Before, a few bullets could kill Batman easily so you had to be careful. Here you can blunder in and not worry - where's the fun in that? The thugs might as well have Nerf rockets coming out of their guns. Their AI isn't significantly better, either.

What is better are the graphics: better lighting, sharper textures and more fluid animation. This doesn't mean much as the story and dialogue are so crummy - if you've played the others you'll notice how much is badly cookie-cuttered from them. You still get some framerate drops too. Like The Witcher 3 (a better game) the text is too small; game developers need to remember not everyone has a huge TV and perfect vision.

Arkham Knight was built up a lot. It's one of the reasons I bought a PS4, that and for the new Deus Ex title. But it just feels tired. Apart from the Crapmobile nothing I've done is new, it's all just on a bigger scale. It's a blockbuster game which feels as formulaic as any Call Of Duty title, even with all of Gotham at your feet. Missions are: go to point A, beat thugs, stand there and press X to make Batman do a thing (rescue a hostage, pull off a control panel), go to point B, meet one of your allies, finish mission, do it all again.

I'm in the minority being so critical. But Arkham City - close to perfect in so many respects - set such a high standard that it was always going to be tough to follow. Everything feels less polished here, graphics aside, as if Rocksteady were making it all things to all gamers but even with a huge team couldn't make the different styles and story twists work. Kevin Conroy's usually masterful voice acting as the Dark Knight sounds tired, hoarse and forced as the character is even more moody, broody and humourless than usual. In a way this mirrors the Nolan movies, in that it gets too dark and po-faced to be fun.

I don't understand how this game is getting 80-100% reviews in respected magazines and on top rated websites. Chances are, I'm just wrong and this is a brilliant game. It just doesn't feel like it to me, sorry.
    In my opinion save your money and go play Arkham City again - or for the first time if you're lucky enough to not have played it yet, because it's fantastic.
  28. Aug 19, 2015
    This is a Stinker! It really is crap. Firstly the controls are about as intuitive as string theory. And talking about string theory, this game relies so heavily on the grapple you could be forgiven for thinking you are playing a spiderman game (also all pap) and when you are not being spider man you are on the ground with the crapmobile, Its just no fun to use. Graphically its alright, butThis is a Stinker! It really is crap. Firstly the controls are about as intuitive as string theory. And talking about string theory, this game relies so heavily on the grapple you could be forgiven for thinking you are playing a spiderman game (also all pap) and when you are not being spider man you are on the ground with the crapmobile, Its just no fun to use. Graphically its alright, but its eternal night. If you like good games like Farcry 4 or The Witcher, give this hulking pile of Guano a massive steer. Expand
  29. Jun 30, 2015
    This is a great game, but it has been almost completely unplayable since the moment I put it in the ps4. When I attempted to play the game for the first time, it had to download 60 GB of material before I could play it. It let me play after 9 hours of downloading, but said it would be installing for another 9 hours. Fine. I was able to play for an hour before I caught up to the installThis is a great game, but it has been almost completely unplayable since the moment I put it in the ps4. When I attempted to play the game for the first time, it had to download 60 GB of material before I could play it. It let me play after 9 hours of downloading, but said it would be installing for another 9 hours. Fine. I was able to play for an hour before I caught up to the install file and it kicked me out again. This game had to sit in my ps4 for 20 hours before I could fully play it. When I did, it was gorgeous and fun, until my save file got destroyed by a gamebreaking glitch where I repeatedly fell through the bottom of the game and died. This game was not ready for release. Expand
  30. Jun 24, 2015
    The game itself is good, but there is one really bad flaw. It's locked at 30 FPS. No way to change it! I didn't pay for a next gen console to game at 30 FPS! I'm surprised more are not complaining about this. It really hinders gameplay and the overall feel. Lower the graphics if need be. I'd rather have a fluid gameplay experience than eye candy.
  31. Aug 13, 2018
    This game is a triumph in many ways, and I almost gave it a 10.

The side missions are standout here, and I found myself pursuing them even more than the main story. The batmobile drives great, and those missions are fun, even if I could have used 10% less required driving missions. Combat, always my favorite part of these games, is better than ever, and opportunity to engage groups
    This game is a triumph in many ways, and I almost gave it a 10.

Combat, always my favorite part of these games, is better than ever, and opportunity to engage groups are everywhere.
    Challenges add a lot of replay value.
    The main story is my main gripe, as it left me a bit cold. I just didn't care about Arkham Knight, and a more central, recognizable character would have been preferred.

This game is extremely refined, the best in the series for pure fun and quality of gameplay.
  32. Jun 23, 2015
    the game is tedious because only change the batmobile also the combat is normal and iclude the weapons that use the others is similar to arkham city nothing new
  33. Jun 24, 2015
    No challenge maps. Too much batmobile. Arkham Knight is not a new character like they said it was. Worst Arkham game so far and overall a disappointment.
  34. Jul 7, 2015
    I'm going to start off by saying that if you are a strong fan of this series of games, that you should probably buy this game just to see how it ends, everyone else should avoid this title. Just finished 100%ing this game to get the "true ending" and I just have to say that this game is awful. First of all, hiding your "real end" behind total completion is a practice I don't agree with, itI'm going to start off by saying that if you are a strong fan of this series of games, that you should probably buy this game just to see how it ends, everyone else should avoid this title. Just finished 100%ing this game to get the "true ending" and I just have to say that this game is awful. First of all, hiding your "real end" behind total completion is a practice I don't agree with, it just causes players to drag themselves through tasks they may not be interested in to see a few seconds to get "the full story". Besides that, I have never been too much of a fan of the combat and Predator mode, just always felt gimmicky with difficulty increases by throwing a ton more guys at you. This game isn't different from that trend, however if you are a fan of the style, it is refined. As for the world, it looks good and all that jazz, sound is great, but it is a pretty forgettable Gotham in my opinion. You just run from one island to the next hearing the same audio from thugs with not too much really there. As for the story, oh the story.... its clunky, predictable, and very tacky. The end of the game had me happy, pissed, then actually laughing at how bad it was. Arkham Knight's identity is obvious from a MILE away and there is a not too surprising return of a certain villain... But the worst aspect of all is the Batmobile.... An addition that could have brought a breathe of fresh air to a series that I was starting to find quite repetitive, but instead the game had me dreading the idea of ever having to jump into the car. Which they had me do. A lot. This addition isn't showcased and given a great debut, rather its forced down your throat at every turn. Plus the drone combat gets very old, very quickly. Overall I would say to avoid this game altogether unless you are a huge fan of the series. Expand
  35. Jul 9, 2015
    Arkham city is the best on the WiiU this is the worst batman game I have ever played, the story is awful this is just a cash grab terrible dlc, terrible everything that they were praising about it is meh the batmobile is terrible as well.
  36. Jul 5, 2015
    Other than a couple cool features which get watered down by the rest of the game's overall lack of quality... this has been a huge disappointment. It feels like an old gen game not a next gen game...
  37. Jul 10, 2015
    I would have to say that the game plays extremely well. Having said that I would like to just say the bat is amazing but this game is not. I am not hating just to hate but the boss battles are as simplistic and boring as can be and honestly that's my favorite part of video games. There are many missed opportunities in this installment of the arkham series and the reliance on the bat mobileI would have to say that the game plays extremely well. Having said that I would like to just say the bat is amazing but this game is not. I am not hating just to hate but the boss battles are as simplistic and boring as can be and honestly that's my favorite part of video games. There are many missed opportunities in this installment of the arkham series and the reliance on the bat mobile is shameful. Riddler challenges??? Really??? Again??? I am not a full blown trophy hunter and if I was it wouldn't be for these lame city scouring adventures. This is of course my opinion and and if you disagree then it is not a problem but I could never recommend this to anyone. If it's gonna "end" then let it end with dignity and respect. PROTOCOL: Unimpressed. Expand
  38. Jun 26, 2015
    I played this game only 3 hours is boring... Is the same of the others arkham game series with better graphics The only change is the batmovile don't waste your money.
  39. Jul 13, 2015
    Ok. This is not a Batman game. I just quit after 3? 4 hours? since fighting tanks with another tank is not what I'm looking for in a Batman game. I wonder how it looked like in the studio... - "We need an enemy for a night-crawling, sneaky detective with martial art skills. Any ideas? - TANKS! - But... - TANKS! - I don't think... - TANKS! MEETING OVER!
    The game does not use the
    The game does not use the Batmobile. It is Batmobile. It forces you to use it in missions and assumes you are using it all the time between them (i.e. It's faster to glide and fly through the city to the next mission marker, but when you get there you usually have to enter the batmobile to start it AS IF YOU DROVE THERE. You use batmobile to blow up tanks, stun guys, open doors, beat time challenges and do boss fights. Don't buy this. It's overhyped and plain bad
  40. Oct 26, 2018
    Super hero car simulator parts **** got to me, they are the most annoying thing i ever had to do in a game
  41. Nov 1, 2015
    For all of the hype this game is really boring. I thought it would be fun but its really drawn out and the controls are horrible. You have to use the bat mobile all of the time and I really could care less for it. The combat is so easy and unsatisfying compared to other games like Mordor, Sleeping Dogs and Mad Max. The missions design is very linear and often relies heavily on gimmicks.For all of the hype this game is really boring. I thought it would be fun but its really drawn out and the controls are horrible. You have to use the bat mobile all of the time and I really could care less for it. The combat is so easy and unsatisfying compared to other games like Mordor, Sleeping Dogs and Mad Max. The missions design is very linear and often relies heavily on gimmicks. There is nothing pure fun about the game play at all, it all seems like busy work. I was expecting much more and I am always trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. All in all disappointing and I will play when I am really bored. Expand
  42. Jun 26, 2015
    Overall the game is bad. The graphics are horrible and the game play is **** I think that Assassins greed rogue is better. The bat mobile which is supposed to be a genre defining feature ends up being pointless and repetitive. This game was WAY to hyped!
  43. Aug 21, 2015
    Button combos don't work and especially frustrating and action spots don't work either that well. It gets to the point that the game is not worth playing.
  44. Aug 24, 2015
    This game falls short in many areas. The batmobile detracts from the experience of the batman mythos and robs players of the boss fights they so desperately need and deserve. The script is infantile, the story is a poor retelling of a masterpiece authored by Judd Winick. I found myself enjoying the side quest stories and missions more than the main story. This game should have been theThis game falls short in many areas. The batmobile detracts from the experience of the batman mythos and robs players of the boss fights they so desperately need and deserve. The script is infantile, the story is a poor retelling of a masterpiece authored by Judd Winick. I found myself enjoying the side quest stories and missions more than the main story. This game should have been the ending to the Arkham trilogy batman fans deserved but fell short of meeting our basic needs! Expand
  45. Mar 25, 2016
    Comprised of confusing and uncoordinated combat, poorly controlled batmobile segments, unworthy dlc, repetitive side quests, and no worthwhile boss battles, Batman Arkham Knight is a disappointing send-off for an otherwise beloved modern game franchise.
  46. Aug 3, 2016
    Batman Motorsport: Arkham War.... a booooring game with nice graphics .... too much batmobile , stealth gameplay is not that good , i stopped playing it after completing 10 main missions and few side ones , it's like i was obliged to do it , bcz i paid for it , so if you're not a Batman fan then don't buy this game , save your money ....
  47. Jan 24, 2017
    "Zoum-zoum-zen dans ma Batmoubenz", c'est la chanson du générique de Batmou : Pamakham Putknight, cette horreur signée Rocksteady, décidément d'une constance impressionnante dans la fourniture de jetis (jeux étrons très identifiés... avec le x et le s pour le pluriel, car ils en ont fait plusieurs, si, si). Or donc, la grande nouveauté, c'est la Burnemobile qui peut se transformer en tank"Zoum-zoum-zen dans ma Batmoubenz", c'est la chanson du générique de Batmou : Pamakham Putknight, cette horreur signée Rocksteady, décidément d'une constance impressionnante dans la fourniture de jetis (jeux étrons très identifiés... avec le x et le s pour le pluriel, car ils en ont fait plusieurs, si, si). Or donc, la grande nouveauté, c'est la Burnemobile qui peut se transformer en tank (sic !) et transforme par la même occasion ce pauvre jeu en une crétinerie bourrine et répétitive imbitable... puisqu'on passe sa vie dedans ou presque.

A pied, on retrouve le combat monotouche à tapoter avec plein de super-ralentis qu'ils sont trop bien quand tu casses la gueule à tes ennemis, accompagné du mini-jeu de rythme inclus qui con-siste à appuyer sur un autre bouton lorsqu'une lampe apparaît sur la tête d'un personnage que t'es en train de péter la gueule (ou que tu vas péter la gueule prochainement incessamment sous peu) : voilà... appuie sur iiiiiigrèèèèk. Putaing cong, t'y as fait un contre dans sa gueule ! oh le culé !

Là aussi, la répétition est de mise, car cette ville est remplie d'ennemis (et de tanks) et se remplit automatiquement d'ennemis (et de tanks). Elle est bien vide à part ça, il fait toujours nuit, il pleut ! eh regarde mes beaux reflets par terre avec mon vieux moteur Unreal qui n'en peut plus ! Rocksteady contrôlent les dégâts comme ils peuvent mais on ne nous la fait pas, non, non : on est plus sur 360...

Donc on se fait bien chier avec ce Batmou baraqué comme Musclor, avec ses gadgets ringards, ce scénario grotesque qui meuble comme pas deux, son dirigisme permanent et l'infiltration peau de chagrin. Complètement à l'ouest le gros con masqué ! il est temps que ça s'arrête. Warner aussi d'ailleurs : version PC retirée de la vente (mes connesdoléances) et foire aux DLC abjecte.
  48. Jun 12, 2020
    Worst game ever its poop it's the last game of the Arkham series and its disturbing of how much they done goofed please put it at 75 spot and spiderman at 74 for just one day please at least or forever
  49. Jul 5, 2020
    Худшая часть из всех остальных. Оптимизация говнище. Игра говнище
  50. Nov 30, 2017
    If you're not a Batman fan, don't like simplistic button mashing combat, hate open world mini-chores, not into rainy grimy dark atmosphere, hate driving simulators, this is NOT for you, as it is also NOT for me.

I really tried to get into the game but nothing clicked for me. I just find Batman, as a character, not appealing at all. In fact, the villains and enemies, are all..i dunno..cheesy is the word i guess. Yeah the whole game world feels cheesy, I just could not get into it. If you're looking for a realistic, atmospheric and immersive game, this isnt it.

I gave up on the game after the point where I had to save 5 or 8 officers using the batmobile. Argh, so exasperating. And the combat is, i cant believe that people are gushing abt it, but OMG the combat is boring. It's like the complete opposite of Bloodborne/Dark Souls..tooooo easy.

Story wise, lame. I really hated how they made it so convenient that the whole city had to be evacuated, just to fit in their gaming development constraints. I mean come on! The Witcher 3, Fallout, Mad Max, AssCreed, had living worlds with NPCs moving about with daily routines. This world is just full of criminals running amok and supervillains leading them. Its lazy writing is what it is.

The ONLY batman game i really enjoyed was the very first one, Arkham Asylum cos that game was tight! Quality instead of quantity. Speaking of which, the true ending of this game is hidden behind The Riddler's endless tasks. Absolute wank.

In conclusion, play this ONLY IF you're a Batman fan..or if this ends up on PS+ one day.
  51. Feb 23, 2017
    The Batman Arkham series sadly ends on an almost flat note as the best thing about the final game is the superbly impressive graphics whilst i feel the story was lacking and the villains just turned out to be boring although on the bright-side the game play is still pretty good overall this game is playable though you'll want to go back to city or asylum halfway through playing this dull finale
  52. Dec 18, 2016
    Very boring. I'm tired from batmobile. Missions = copy & paste. There is almost no story. Just copypasted missions.

Playing in this game is very hard and boring work.
  53. Jul 23, 2019
    This is an odd game. It has all the fun and enjoyment of the previous Arkham games but then it'll do a 180 and force you into batmobile missions. If I wanted to place a racing game or a tank battle game, I would've bought one of those instead.
  54. Jun 27, 2020
    Extremely disapointing, it was a waist of my money and time playing that game, Batman deserved better than a game like that.
  55. Sep 25, 2019
    World of tanks simulator parts **** got to me, they are the most annoying thing i ever had to do in a game
  56. Oct 1, 2019
    This is probably the most disappointing game I have ever played.
    ............
  57. Jun 9, 2020
    This game is indeed awesome, but it is also a gieeant waste of potential...The sotry sucked, the batmobile sucked...and stil Batman have no detective stuff to do...
  58. Jun 28, 2020
    Man, this game was a major disappointment. Story does not make sense, very sloppy, and extremely predictable. Didn’t mind the batmobile like most, bc it was cool and brought something different. However, the boss battles and missions are EXTREMELY repetitive. Honestly, the best parts of this game are the challenge maps and the “Arkham Episodes”. The main story, however, is pretty terrible.Man, this game was a major disappointment. Story does not make sense, very sloppy, and extremely predictable. Didn’t mind the batmobile like most, bc it was cool and brought something different. However, the boss battles and missions are EXTREMELY repetitive. Honestly, the best parts of this game are the challenge maps and the “Arkham Episodes”. The main story, however, is pretty terrible. Definitely the worst/weakest out of the Arkham games, including Origins. Guess it was hard without having Paul Dini to write an amazing story. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 89 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Sep 1, 2015
    Batman: Arkham Knight presents a technically proficient and overall satisfying ending to the Arkham series, but suffers from overuse of the novelty item Batmobile and extremely repetitive tank battles. [Aug 2015]
  2. Aug 26, 2015
    Batman: Arkham Knight is the best looking game in the series so far, and includes a lot of cool stuff for fans of Batman. But at the same time it’s starting to feel like Rocksteady is almost too comfortable. It lacks new content, except the pretty bad designed Batmobile parts. If you haven’t played the previous games that much you will probably think that this is one of the best games this year.
  3. Games Master UK
    Aug 18, 2015
    A million different elements blended seamlessly into one brilliantly cohesive experience. [Summer 2015, p.64]