7.4

1. Jun 4, 2018
    Unique and very well made. When I heard it was essentially a VR bullet hell I turned it down immediately but after finally playing it I am upset that I didn't earlier. Dodging and shooting in a 80's sci-fi aesthetic complete with a great soundtrack has been a blast. On the technical side I had no issues with the game at all. I played the game to completion and am currently replaying it.
  2. Mar 4, 2018
    Don't let the look of it fool you this is not a gallery shooter, it's on par with games like NexMachina and the top tier bullet hell games but it's in VR. I think it might be the best tracking currently on PSVR, litterally no issue even when positioning the moves over the the headset. It's a standing game and fairly active so that should be taken into account, it got sweaty for me and hadDon't let the look of it fool you this is not a gallery shooter, it's on par with games like NexMachina and the top tier bullet hell games but it's in VR. I think it might be the best tracking currently on PSVR, litterally no issue even when positioning the moves over the the headset. It's a standing game and fairly active so that should be taken into account, it got sweaty for me and had to pause and my face a few times but the was easily over ridden by a desire to keep playing. Weapon modding is a thing too and from the looks of it every aspect of the, i think 7 guns, can be mixed and matched with a **** ton of different ammo, mods, aiming devices and sheilds. The "production value" is incredible, can't believe this released at the price it did, everything feels solid AF and the graphics and 3d effect are top tier. It'll largely come down to whether or not you're willing to do the standing and weaving which can get really hectic even on casual. EDIT after 8-10 hours of gameplay: This has topped rush of blood and any other game of these genres in VR, perhaps even outside of VR, I haven't had this much pure clean fun in a game in years. Absolutely the most under rated game to release this year. Expand
  3. Mar 13, 2018
    A bullet hell completely perfect for VR. Amazing graphics, perfect immersion and spetacular gameplay and replayability.
  4. Jan 12, 2019
    Fun, challenging and immersive. Exciting retro graphics and a variety of weapons and enemies. My only wish is that it had some kind of online co-op, it would truly be a blast to play with a friend. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a visually appealing shooter with lots of replayability.

1. Apr 9, 2018
    You will see all that Blasters of the Universe has to offer within an hour, but unlike many PSVR shooters there’s tonnes of replayability and it works really well as a party game if you have friends round. You’re going to need more space to play than most PSVR games, and also more stamina, as dodging, ducking, and flinging your arms in all directions really gives you a work out. Like the best arcade games it has a simple but addictive gameplay mechanic and is one of the best PSVR shooters to date.
    It’s great fun, the refined and challenging shooting mechanics and enormous assortment of gun configurations proving highly entertaining.
  3. Mar 20, 2018
    With its fun visuals, finely tuned difficulty, and inherent physicality, Blasters of the Universe stands out in the crowd of VR wave shooters. While a late-game bug was disappointing, I still had a great time and plan on returning to it. Bugs can be patched, and game design this strong doesn’t come knocking every day.