7.5

1. Jul 13, 2019
    Nice adaptation. Graphics could be better. My problem with that game its the chekpoint when you lost.
  2. Sep 16, 2019
    This is a great throw back to the 16 bit era. As someone whole played the old contra games extensively, I can say this game holds up well.
  3. Jul 14, 2019
    A grand, fun and yet unforgiving sider-scrolling shooter. This is the type of game we wanted Konami to make for YEARS. Finally, a team of contra fans and old school shooters out there band together to create a TRUE spiritual sequel to the Contra franchise. Six missions of balls to the wall action, music and design. A must have for nostalgic shooter fans of the SNES era.
  4. Jul 25, 2019
    Perfect contra but more beatiful. Incredible playing and graphics. More more more
  5. Oct 22, 2019
    After the abysmal Contra: Rogue Corps, I decided to try this as it looked similar to the Contra I love and grew up with, but man, I was not expecting it to be this good. The game has been made by people who clearly know what they are doing in terms of Contra style games (which this game is inspired by), and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for another Contra style game.
  6. Oct 1, 2019

Konami really should have just stuck with their roots for their new Contra game, but thankfully Blazing Chrome was there to fill that Contra sized hole in the gaming heart without Konami. The only thing missing is the the aim-locked strafing controls like they had in Contra : Shattered Soldier and Hard Corps : Uprising. (That function was a much needed and appreciated evolution

The only thing missing is the the aim-locked strafing controls like they had in Contra : Shattered Soldier and Hard Corps : Uprising. (That function was a much needed and appreciated evolution to the run and gun genre)
    Almost a perfect tribute to everyone's favorite Run and Gun

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 2, 2020
    The set pieces are thrilling, and the music fits brilliantly at driving the gameplay, one example being the energetic tune for Mission 5's snow bike chase. There's even an out of the blue 3D scaling section in Mission 4, which feels like playing Space Harrier in a tunnel. The genre demands epic boss battles and Blazing Chrome delivers, as the final sixth mission stands out as one big, fantastically designed boss level.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Aug 27, 2019
    There’s very little in the way of modernity here but played solo or in co-op Blazing Chrome manages to faithfully ape the classics of yesteryear. Just don’t expect anything new. [Issue#166, p.92]
  3. Aug 6, 2019
    I loved my time with this game and it being offered on Game Pass for Xbox owners only sweetens the deal. Even still Switch and PS4 owners should not hesitate. For $20 this is one nostalgia trip worth taking, even for those that didn’t necessarily grow up with the games it attempts to mimic. A good game is still a good game regardless of generation.