8.3

1. May 29, 2019
    After 5 to 6 hours, I completed the story for B&T and am currently working on platinum. I really enjoyed my time with Blood & Truth and wanted to share my thoughts. So here's how I rate this action packed, narrative driven PSVR game by London Studios:

Graphics, 8.5: easily the best realism based graphics on the PSVR to date. Sound/Music, 8: awesome implementation of 3D audio; the

Graphics, 8.5: easily the best realism based graphics on the PSVR to date.
    Sound/Music, 8: awesome implementation of 3D audio; the music suits the action tempo well.
    Story, 9: fantastic narrative; extremely well acted mocap performances.
    Gameplay/Combat, 7: stealth is fun; well paced; satisfying combat; reloading is rough; other issues.
    Fun/immersion, 8: Combat is exhilarating when it works; cutscenes are movie-like, very immersive.

Overall, Blood & Truth is a solid, well polished PSVR game despite a few combat issues. I recommend the game to all PSVR owners including those who get motion sickness easily. It's not a system seller by itself, but along with Astrobots and Firewall, it makes the PSVR impossible to ignore.
  2. Jun 12, 2019
    Ok..It looks good and some of the VR gaming sequences are good fun...However, to get to the gaming you'll have to suffer endless and boring cutscenes from a B-movie you will want to skip...but can't. Also the movement is awkward and causes slight motion sickness for me. Resident Evil does this far better. I really wanted to like this, but the endless cut scenes ruins it for me.
  3. Jun 3, 2019
    The game looks and feels great. After I got used to the mecanics, the shootings became very natural. I could even remove grenade pins with my teeth. Also had fun playing with all the gimnicks in "my" room. At first I disliked the node-to-node movement, but it works and didn't take away the fun for me.

The downside in my opinion is related to the calibration. It was never clear to me where the camera should really be. The game gave me an "ok" as I was in the middle of the screen as it was suggested, but in some areas I had to hold a gun with two hands and one light was getting in front of the other (move controllers). This also affected the sniper rifle, unfortunately. Maybe putting the camera above the TV could help, it was just not clear to me if I should do it.

The graphics are good, but backgrounds look like giant JPG's sometimes...I guess there's not much to do about it currently.

I do hope this game sells good, because I want a sequel on the PS5.
  4. May 28, 2019
    The most fun and immersive VR experience I've played to date! And after the main story is completed there's a lot of replay-ability with challenges, collectibles and more. I felt like John Wick playing this, doing trick shots and dodging bullets. So good.
  5. May 29, 2019
    A showcase of what VR can achieve. An over the top action shooter with some amazing set pieces and movie like action scenes. It's all handled so well by the dev team to keep motion sickness at bay. The voice work and acting is top of the range...film quality acting and stunning detail. The shooting feels good,the climbing and door picking mini games are not intrusive and the design of theA showcase of what VR can achieve. An over the top action shooter with some amazing set pieces and movie like action scenes. It's all handled so well by the dev team to keep motion sickness at bay. The voice work and acting is top of the range...film quality acting and stunning detail. The shooting feels good,the climbing and door picking mini games are not intrusive and the design of the game is about right. Aong with Astro Bot this is a must have game. Expand
  6. May 28, 2019
    It's great, amazing gameplay with immersive levels and stunning visuals, highly recommend this game.
  7. May 28, 2019
    The best blockbuster in VR games. If you have PSVR, this is essential. Fantastic experience is waiting for you.
  8. May 28, 2019
    easily the most impressive native VR title ever made. Going to face fierce competition from other games like Stormland, but still an amazing feat. This is VR: you are there, you're the star of an action flick, your fate is in your hands
  9. May 29, 2019
    Just an amazing game with all the thrills and excitement everybody expected coming from the hype of London Heist. This is an action movie that you get dropped in the middle of to fend for yourself!! John Wick style!!
  10. May 31, 2019
    This game is absolutely amazing. But I would recommend playing it with the PS MoveControllers
    Good story. Great characters. And the gameplay is just on point.
    You feel like a badass action movie hero. Dual wield pistols, shoot grenades out of the air, holster your empty pistols and grab some nice sawed off shotguns from your back that save the day. All possible with simple movements in
    Good story. Great characters. And the gameplay is just on point.
    You feel like a badass action movie hero.
    Dual wield pistols, shoot grenades out of the air, holster your empty pistols and grab some nice sawed off shotguns from your back that save the day. All possible with simple movements in 2 seconds of gameplay. Situations like this are just worth buying and playing this game
  11. May 31, 2019
    This is what VR should be about, nice fast explosive! This is pure fun and immersion
  12. May 28, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best play station vr game yet, how they manage to do it on the hardware of the psvr that is old jsut incredible Expand
  13. May 28, 2019
    Le meilleur jeux VR qui soit.
    Une belle avancée pour le playstation Vr.
    Que du positif
  14. May 28, 2019
    A great game, completely immersive with great characters and story. A must have for PSVR!
  15. May 29, 2019
    Amazing right from the first second you start up the game. The UI is beautiful, voice acting is top notch and the fact they used real actors is a major +1. This might be the best PSVR game to date in my opinion.
  16. May 28, 2019
    Imersão e jogabilidade simplesmente perfeitas. O game consegue prender e impressionar o jogador do inicio ao fim. Recomendadíssimo!
  17. May 28, 2019
    This game is a real masterpiece! The graphics are amazing its story is really compelling I loved every second of it and the gameplay is awesome. This is a must buy game! Thank you London Studio and thank you Sony for this VR Treasure!
  18. May 30, 2019
    Unfortunately got to toss my hat in the negative here. After 60-90 minutes, I would return the game if I could. It is very on rails, and VR has moved beyond this... gaming is beyond this. Reaching out and pressing an elevator button or twisting a door knob is not a gameplay mechanic. It is a gimmick, and this game has a lot of them. Blood and Truth may have impressed as a launch titleUnfortunately got to toss my hat in the negative here. After 60-90 minutes, I would return the game if I could. It is very on rails, and VR has moved beyond this... gaming is beyond this. Reaching out and pressing an elevator button or twisting a door knob is not a gameplay mechanic. It is a gimmick, and this game has a lot of them. Blood and Truth may have impressed as a launch title (like London Heist), but years into VR this point and click approach feels dated. There’s a part where you walk in on a gangster you’re trying to apprehend, and someone tells you over the radio “we need him alive!” so I shoot the guy three times in the leg and then it says “mission failed: you killed jimmy.” No! I stopped him from running! Once the game reloaded, I could now see that they intended for this to be a long, on rails chase sequence. My solution was more logical than what the game had in mind. This doesn’t work in VR because they’re asking you to be stupid in first person. People make dumb decisions in horror movies, and it’s ok because they’re not us. When you have to be the one in the game doing the thing you wouldn’t normally do, it creates an uncanny valley that’s alienating.

With that venom spewed, I will still compliment the developers on making a game that seems competent and successful at what it sets out to do. They went all in on this concept and it feels very polished. If you are interested in a VR time crisis, light gun shooter , with a lot more interaction, this is an epic version of that. I will finish the game, and if my opinion improves I will update this review. But I wanted to get this out here for anyone on the fence so you can see it’s not the 10/10 VR defining experience some reviews make it out to be.
  19. May 28, 2019
    10 horas de pura acción y momentos de chill, creo que este juego se determina por los momentos y el balance, lo hace actualmente una experiencia VR que puedes jugar más de 3 horas. SIN CANSARTE!
  20. May 30, 2019
    Absolutely phenomenal. I've never felt this good and badass playing a video game before. That Spider man meem from journos, "It really makes you feel like..." is actually true here, this really makes you feel like a soldier/Gansta/bad ass with a gun. Might just be my favourite VR game that doesn't have light sabers. This game is the Astro bot of the FPS genre and although it is on rails toAbsolutely phenomenal. I've never felt this good and badass playing a video game before. That Spider man meem from journos, "It really makes you feel like..." is actually true here, this really makes you feel like a soldier/Gansta/bad ass with a gun. Might just be my favourite VR game that doesn't have light sabers. This game is the Astro bot of the FPS genre and although it is on rails to a degree always feela like you are in control.

Tracking is flawless. Control is tight and responimsive. Everything is top tier from the graphics to the sound design to VA to the level design and pacing. Near perfect on many fronts.
    Buy it, it's a must play.
  21. May 28, 2019
  22. May 28, 2019
    Todo lo que yo eh visto y eh probado apunta de que sea un gran juego, ya era hora de que apostaran fuerte con las gafas de la vr
  23. May 28, 2019
    Superb action game in VR! Perfect experience in VR, you should try this experience to understand the possibilities of the PSVR!
  24. May 28, 2019
    Best game on PSVR out there! A must buy for any PSVR owner! Masterpiece! 10/10
  25. May 29, 2019
    The first proper AAA VR game from Playstation !! You will be mind blown by the sheer amount of quality in this game!! Well done London Studio !!!
  26. May 29, 2019
    Very good play, and grafics imersion, action free hands, loved this game
  27. May 31, 2019
    +Great playable action sequences
    +Excellent soundtrack
    +Cast deliver great performances -Some glitches/crashes -Some longer cutscenes break the flow If you enjoyed playing through the VR worlds london heist and wished it could be longer then then you will definitely enjoy Blood & Truth. Making improvements on the gameplay systems established in the london heist, B&T tightens the
    +Great playable action sequences
    +Excellent soundtrack
    +Cast deliver great performances
    -Some glitches/crashes
    -Some longer cutscenes break the flow

If you enjoyed playing through the VR worlds london heist and wished it could be longer then then you will definitely enjoy Blood & Truth. Making improvements on the gameplay systems established in the london heist, B&T tightens the experience making great improvements. B&T is an incredibly fun 'on rails' shooting experience harking back to the days of virtua cop, time crisis, house of the dead and mixes it with well produced cut scenes in 'lock stock and two smoking barrels' flavour. Its a short experience 5 hours or so, but a memorable one.

However it is not the perfect experience some reviews would have you believe (usual PSVR + move controller tracking issues aside), I encountered 3 game breaking crashes on the latest update and the physics glitch around on occasion (mostly when throwing the many interactive objects you find lying around). As an 'on rails' game I can see that the teleport system is integral to the gameplay but I felt using this took me out of the immersion of the story. If you can forgive these minor flaws and accept the arcade nature of what is here Blood & Truth really is an incredible experience. Cannot wait to see what these guys can do with PS5 hardware!
  28. May 31, 2019
    this game is the best virtual reality game of all time ! and the graphics are amazing for a vr game
  29. May 29, 2019
    Blood And Truth is a very exciting, fun and polished experience to be had on the PSVR.

It does very few things to change up the VR scene but what it does, it does very well. (Most of the time.) If immersion is your thing, than B&T succeeds at putting the player in the shoes of the playable character amidst all the action and chaos you’d find in your typical Bond movie. The shooting is

The shooting is extremely satisfying, although aiming with sights seems a bit off at the moment. As if you need to aim slightly higher than you’d think you would. There’s larger weapons, that require you to use your second hand to hold down for Increased accuracy, or, in the case of the pump shotgun, to reload, by pulling back the reload chamber with your second hand to put in your next shell. It feels great when this all works, but there’s a real disconnect between you and the gun when using two move controllers to hold a two handed weapons. Unlike the aim controller, which is built for it. Reloading manually is awesome as well, although I wish the ability to manually eject the current magazine before you reload was a feature like it was in the developers “London Heist” game. Right now, you can reload another clip into a gun that’s already loaded, or the gun automatically ejects it’s mag when your clip is empty. Not a big deal, but something I wished to see.

There’s a story to be had here too. It’s intentionally cliche, putting you through all the beats you would see in any action movie, unapologetically so. But this doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing because we’ve seen it all before, because you haven’t seen it in VR. Jumping through windows, highway car shootouts, explosions and helicopters. It’s all so exhilarating when you’re there. Definitely not something you could experience any other way. It’s important to note that this isn’t a game that utilizes free movement, or full locomotion. This game uses a “node” like system, where you face and tap a button to move in a direction of pre-designated areas. This was definitely a choice that helps the game. As I don’t see any other way you could get this tight of an experience with free movement.

Going forward from here, I think the company should focus more on exploring the things you can do in VR. Since this title was in development for so long, a lot of its features have been done before, to mostly better results. The difference being, B&T brings all these features together better than the other VR titles, where they only really have one polished aspect in a pile of mediocrity. Such as great gunplay, and little to no story, or vice versa. It’s a definite recommend from me.
  30. May 28, 2019
    Definitely PS VR system seller, everything about this game is top notch i understand why people call them Naughty Dog VR either this or Beat Saber are my favourite PS VR game
  31. May 28, 2019
    This is one of the best VR games I've ever played. Sony makes for VR much more than other companies.
  32. May 28, 2019
    Blood and Truth leaves the old glorified tech demos in the dust and realises VR’s full potential with an incredible blockbuster campaign that’s also a love letter to the city it’s made in.

Crammed with banging setpieces, it delivers on its premise - you’re not just controlling an action hero, but you become the action hero - while also telling an immersive and thrilling story that other AAA FPSes with their mute protagonists and passive cutscenes could learn a thing or two from.

It’s a culmination of everything’s London Studio done so far and puts the developer firmly on the map as the Naughty Dog of VR. With the explosive finale already setting us up for a sequel, they’re only just getting started.
  33. Jun 2, 2019
    The visuals are great but I can’t stand the node movement. The whole thing just felt really stiff And unintuitive. I also found the aiming to be more difficult than it should be. For me Farpoint is a much better game.
  34. May 31, 2019
    First and foremost, this game is in desperate need of a patch. There’s quite a bit that’s kind of off. The positioning of your load out floats around you, objects sink into tables when you put them down, throwing things works 2/3rds of the time.(Not good when grenades fall to your feet.)The crosshairs sometimes can’t be seen depending on the color of what you’re aiming at. I’m disappointedFirst and foremost, this game is in desperate need of a patch. There’s quite a bit that’s kind of off. The positioning of your load out floats around you, objects sink into tables when you put them down, throwing things works 2/3rds of the time.(Not good when grenades fall to your feet.)The crosshairs sometimes can’t be seen depending on the color of what you’re aiming at. I’m disappointed in my purchase. Yet another game I bought that I’ll wait to finish until it actually gets ironed out and finished. A lot of the levels are just standing or sitting while watching cut scenes. I’m astounded how many people have said this is the best PSVR game. RE7 still holds that crown, although the facial animations are really good. Without getting ironed out with a patch or two it’s worth playing but, I’d say, $40 is still a hard sell. Expand
  35. May 30, 2019
    I real rollercoaster ride of a game. The set pieces and motion capture are the best I've seen in VR (and I've played most stuff on PSVR and PC). The only reason this doesn't get a 10 is because it uses the PSVR tracking, which occasionally breaks immersion, especially when trying to look down the sight on a 2 handed weapon.

We just need PSVR2 on PS5 with different tracking and

We just need PSVR2 on PS5 with different tracking and backwards compatibility, and we will have a 10/10 game! lol.
  36. Jun 1, 2019
    Some action sequences are fun. I did not see a feature that makes it very special outside of him unfortunately.
  37. May 30, 2019
    The Gameplay might be rather simple but it succeeds in one thing like none other: It puts you into the middle of an action movie! And that just feels awesome!

Unfortunately this great trip is over after only 5-6 hours. But I'll definitely go for a second run.

Story is surprisingly good.
  38. May 29, 2019
    Amazing, immersive, stunning VR stuff. Now probably the greatest on the market.
  39. Jun 24, 2019
    Read CalvinCracks review, because he is really spot on. People who think this is the pinnacle og VR gaming have most probably not tried an aimcontroller and a game like Farpoint. This game would have been a blast - 5 Years ago. The on rail gameplay just dont work for me. And the constant changing between standing and crouching makes neither position ideal. Go buy an aim controller
  40. Jun 9, 2019
    Great game so far, entretaining and fun, though the controls are a bit cluncky,
    HOWEVER it is currently full of gamebreaking bugs.
    Had to reload several times due to bugs. Lost about two hours of gameplay on one occasion. Had to completely delete save file from ps4 menu and start anew another time due to an autosaved bugged mission (somehow started an unarmed mission with a gun in
    Great game so far, entretaining and fun, though the controls are a bit cluncky,
    HOWEVER it is currently full of gamebreaking bugs.

Had to reload several times due to bugs.
    Lost about two hours of gameplay on one occasion.
    Had to completely delete save file from ps4 menu and start anew another time due to an autosaved bugged mission (somehow started an unarmed mission with a gun in hand, with no way to put it away, preventing me from using tools) (was near the end).
  41. Jun 20, 2019
    Overall it is a good game but I am writing this review out of desperation. The fights in buildings are easy. I rarely die more than once or twice. And then you have the fights in cars. And there i die 20 times in a row... unable to finish them. Starting over and over again, not even understanding sometimes why I die! Are Sony doing any playtesting? How can you have such a **** balancing.
  42. Jun 13, 2019
    This game is mostly dull cinemas and picking locks. Needs more action. Reloading and holstering guns is glitchy. Yes, this game has it's moments but they are few and far between.

1. Jul 8, 2019
    Inspired by the short London Heist game, Blood & Truth delivers a full experience, packed with action, gadgets and amazing graphics for a PSVR title. Just don't forget you are still in your room, as the immersion it brings could deliver a few broken things in your gaming environment. You have been warned.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 27, 2019
    It’s not perfect but Blood & Truth is one of the more complete experiences for PS VR. Some control issues are eclipsed by high production values and a playful use of PS VR’s capabilities. [Issue#164, p.86]
  3. Jun 27, 2019
    In my opinion, there are only a handful of games that can be categorised as a system seller for Sony’s headset; something that would make it worthwhile laying down the cost of VR. Games like Beat Saber and Astro Bot have proven themselves at making VR work in its own right, and now you can add Blood & Truth to that list. And if you already own a PSVR you would be doing yourself a disservice by not going out and picking this game up.