7.8

1. Mar 24, 2015
    It's the award wining Borderlands 2 in 1080p plus the Borderlands: Pre-sequel also in 1080p with all the DLC included, all for the price of one game. That in my opinion is a steal. Go get this game, there is no reason not to. Also the new four player split screen is way better than anyone expected. It is truly a very handsome collection.
  2. Mar 24, 2015
    These are high quality remakes of great games, that also happen to include a TON of DLC for the price of one game. If you also take into account the sheer amount of game play to be had hours-wise, this is a steal. Especially if you haven't already played the originals. Hard to argue with that for 60 bucks.
  3. Mar 24, 2015
    This is a great Value, there is not another game out there that can compete with the amount of content here, its well over 200+ hours and that just the first play through. I already owned the previous games on the 360, you can transfer your saves to the XBone, which is great so you can continue your characters. the same applies to ps3 to ps4.
  4. May 6, 2015
    Just when I had thought that I was all Borderlanded out,this arrives.With an improved framerate and a literal ton of bonuses,this upgrade cannot be ignored if your a fan.
  5. Apr 6, 2015
    This is a great remake for the next gen consoles. Graphics and mechanics are sharper and more fluent. DLC is massive and countless hours can be spent in this classic series.
  6. Apr 3, 2015
    This game is priceless for anyone who havent played borderlands before. Incredibly replayable and enjoying but have some minor technical problems which keeps it from being ''Perfect''
  7. Apr 8, 2015
    A month ago if you asked me about Borderlands i would say something like oh no i ain't going near those games or they are not for me but playing this game has really opened my eyes to this franchise and it has got me interested and wanted to learn more about the franchise and knowing that a Borderlands 3 is on the way sounds very promising to me.

Next-gen enhanced games Borderlands

Next-gen enhanced games Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel are so much fun to play and is definitely worth taking the time to play especially if you are a fan of the franchise who loves going back to play them all again. co-op missions are enjoyable and even going solo is just as great. I would definitely say buy this game but just make sure that it is the sort of thing that you want as Borderlands is very unique style in my opinion, something never really seen anywhere else. Had a few technical issue plus couple glitches but apart from that a great game!
  8. Jan 9, 2016
    Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel were both amazing games with a ton of content even more with DLC added. This year Gearbox made the excellent choice to remaster them and move them to next gen consoles in one package.
    The gameplay is excellent and never slows down with you constantly being shot at and finding loot everywhere.
    I remember the stories being great. The sound design is great
    I remember the stories being great.
    The sound design is great with solid voice acting and great music.
    The lasting appeal is HUGE with this game. The game comes with all the DLC for both remasters. You could easily sink over 100 hours into Borderlands 2 by playing through the game with every Vault Hunter and then you get the Pre-Sequel included and all of this for 60 dollars. Go out and buy this game.
  9. Sep 7, 2015
    Love Borderlands, and Borderlands 2 , hands down have gotten endless hours of playtime of the game. But Borderlands : TPS completely dropped the ball. The interactions just didn't have the charm of the first two installments. Also extremely frustrating that we paid for the PS3 versions, only to have the Handsome Collection for PS4 get released with no warning. At least they let us portLove Borderlands, and Borderlands 2 , hands down have gotten endless hours of playtime of the game. But Borderlands : TPS completely dropped the ball. The interactions just didn't have the charm of the first two installments. Also extremely frustrating that we paid for the PS3 versions, only to have the Handsome Collection for PS4 get released with no warning. At least they let us port our characters, but I feel that this was a total money grab. All in all, 8 stars (would be 10 without all the run around, and Borderlands 2 is a must have on all consoles). Expand
  10. Oct 10, 2015
    Haven't even played the pre-sequel yet but Borderlands 2 is deserving of at least a 9, and then the fact it's two games in one confirms the 10/10.
    There's a huge amount of loot, which turned me off at the start, but you end up searching for it everywhere after a while.
    I like how the enemies all have different weaknesses and therefore different guns work best on different enemies. Makes it more interesting.
    Definitely a winner for anyone who hasn't played it on last gen already
  11. Dec 25, 2017
    Very bang for the buck. Lots of content, no cash-grabs, and a large hours of playtime waiting for you.
  12. Jun 20, 2017
    I'm writing this review about the true gem in this collection and that's Borderlands 2. The pre-sequel was horrible and can go unplayed and you are still getting a ton of bang for your buck.

Destiny be damned. This is a more fun looting world to live in. the story and characters are so well put together you can actually feel the love and care the creators felt for them. It's wild fun

It's wild fun to play. a large game already then adding 4 large DLCs onto it has made this world deep, complex, and interesting.

The replay value alone is insane. its been roughly 7 years since it came out on last gen consoles and still to this day I still play it quite a bit.

I just take it as the Pre-sequel got put on the disk on accident. feel free to completely ignore it.
  13. Apr 1, 2015
    We all wanted a nextgen Borderlands. Well, Borderlands 3 couldn't make it to the party, but last year's The Pre Sequel calmed my itch of looting and grinding, but I wanted to play on my PS4 with better controls and graphics rather than on my Xbox 360. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is the answer to that. You get Borderlands, Borderlands 2, All the DLC for both games, and The PreWe all wanted a nextgen Borderlands. Well, Borderlands 3 couldn't make it to the party, but last year's The Pre Sequel calmed my itch of looting and grinding, but I wanted to play on my PS4 with better controls and graphics rather than on my Xbox 360. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is the answer to that. You get Borderlands, Borderlands 2, All the DLC for both games, and The Pre Sequel. That for a good value and they are all HD Remastered versions made for nextgen consoles. Seriously, I loved it, it was like a wet dream for me. I love the characters, story and the brilliant shooter mechanics. It was a privilege to get back to Pandora and the Moon and blow **** up and grind for loot. I spent more than 50 hours in Borderlands 2 and to do that on PS4 again, but in a better condition.....Unbelievably Awesome. I loved it. If you haven't experienced Borderlands before, these two versions are the best way to play them currently. With all the awesome DLC, 3 full games, remastered. This is a Borderlands lover's dream and you should play it if you have a PS4. Totally worth it. Gearbox hits the right notes each time with a release. Expand
  14. Mar 24, 2015
    First of all, for the amount of money you're paying, its like stealing. I almost feel bad about buying this game. Not only do you get all the DLC for Borderlands 2 but also the Season Pass for upcoming DLC for The Pre-Sequal. Adding hundreds of hours to the already jam-packed-with-things-to-do game. This is a must buy if you haven't played a borderland game.
  15. Mar 24, 2015
    This game is seriously a steal. I don't know how people can say that this is a gimmick for money by 2K and Gear Box. This is a present for Borderlands fans and an incredible experience for players new to the Borderlands collection. As others have stated, all the DLC's plus cross saves between systems? This game is a huge steal. Referring to the launch date's of these games, this is overThis game is seriously a steal. I don't know how people can say that this is a gimmick for money by 2K and Gear Box. This is a present for Borderlands fans and an incredible experience for players new to the Borderlands collection. As others have stated, all the DLC's plus cross saves between systems? This game is a huge steal. Referring to the launch date's of these games, this is over $200 worth of content. I imagine people will easily spend over 200 hours between the two games as well. I have beaten Borderlands 2 on the PS3, and unfortunately sold my PS3, forgetting to keep my saved data. Regardless, I am still going to play through BL2 again. I played the original Borderlands on the MacBook a few weeks ago prior to The Handsome Collection's release. Now, the only game that I haven't played is the Pre-Sequel and I look forward to spending time on that. Also, I have never played any of the BL2 DLC's and now I have all of them right at my fingertips! Borderlands is an incredible collection that every FPS, RPG, and console fan needs to get their hands on. Due to the lack of sufficient games released this year for the PS4, I don't see how anybody can be complaining. But hey, to each his own! All I know is that I'm going to have a blast playing this series. So much content packed into such a little disk. Thank you 2K and Gear Box for bringing this wonderful series to next gen consoles. Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to manage my time between The Handsome Collection and Bloodborne! Expand
  16. Mar 26, 2015
    Bozos give this a negative review because it doesn't meet some EXACTING standard that they don't even apply to themselves in life. Two games and all the DLC for one price. Your diaper is full and your homework is due. Make a change.
  17. Apr 3, 2015
    That games was awesome on PC, but unplayable on PS3 and Vita because of bad FOV and FPS. With high resolution and good FPS this game become fully playable on consoles! Pre-Sequel is not good as B2, but hope they will fix everything and make B3 truly awesome!
  18. Mar 24, 2015
    Probably the most fun to be had on a next gen console. This game gets everything right. The graphics may not have the resolution and fidelity as Destiny, but the art direction is better. The acting and voice overs in Borderlands blow every other game out of the water (especially Peter Dinklage's monotonous droning on in Destiny.) Didn't realize this was gonna be an anti-Destiny rant when IProbably the most fun to be had on a next gen console. This game gets everything right. The graphics may not have the resolution and fidelity as Destiny, but the art direction is better. The acting and voice overs in Borderlands blow every other game out of the water (especially Peter Dinklage's monotonous droning on in Destiny.) Didn't realize this was gonna be an anti-Destiny rant when I started - and frankly, I LIKE Destiny... but Borderlands is better in just about every way. It's easier to get into a multiplayer game unlike certain aspects of Destiny which just don't work for lone wolf types looking to get into a game with strangers. Overall, there's just way more creativity involved in Borderlands; the art, the writing, the acting, the guns - oh, man, the guns! Overall, an absolutely essential title for every next gen console owner. Expand
  19. Mar 25, 2015
    I reviewed the original versions of these games and had few negative things to say. This collection is worth over $200, so the value here is astounding. The visuals are noticeably better, with a higher resolution and fps to boot. There's also more gameplay features, such as 4 player split screen. All things considered, any Borderlands fan would be happy to own this. This is also a greatI reviewed the original versions of these games and had few negative things to say. This collection is worth over $200, so the value here is astounding. The visuals are noticeably better, with a higher resolution and fps to boot. There's also more gameplay features, such as 4 player split screen. All things considered, any Borderlands fan would be happy to own this. This is also a great place for newcomers to start. Just read up on the plot of the first game. Expand
  20. Mar 24, 2015
    Giving a review score of ZERO means you think the game literally is unplayable garbage to the max. So if you have been ABLE to play a game for more than 1 continuous minute without a crash...then it at least deserves a 1. But no, these immature boys and girls are rating emotionally and giving ZERO scores. Here is a tip: Nobody cares that your personal panties are in a bunch. Try ratingGiving a review score of ZERO means you think the game literally is unplayable garbage to the max. So if you have been ABLE to play a game for more than 1 continuous minute without a crash...then it at least deserves a 1. But no, these immature boys and girls are rating emotionally and giving ZERO scores. Here is a tip: Nobody cares that your personal panties are in a bunch. Try rating intelligently instead of trying to hurt the devs emotionally with your throw up. Expand
  21. Mar 24, 2015
    What should i say about this...
    At first i like to tell to everyone who is complaining about the missng Borderlands 1 , this right here is enough material for a full price.
    It looks quite a bit better than before, and with all those DLC, there is so much to do.
    10/10 is not enough, this is a Must-Buy Collection everyone should have. :)
  22. Mar 24, 2015
    This game is a great idea. For fans of the series, they can play it all for less and on next-gen. For people who have never played either games in this bundle, it is not only an amazing deal, but hours and hours of good content. My personal opinion on both games are 8.5/10 for Borderlands 2 and 7/10 for the Pre-Sequel, but the DLC's and the price make up for all the mistakes. A must buy.
  23. Mar 25, 2015
    2 games with all of the DLC for the Price of one, 1080p and 60fps in nearly all aspects. Two game sthat received great reviews upon initial release... 10/10 all the way. Great gameplay. Good story. Awesome characters! Love this game!
  24. Apr 10, 2015
    Borderlands 2 was my game of the year when I first got it on launch day on ps3 and xbox 360, I played bl2 forever and now that it's available for ps4 with 60fps and 1080p native and all dlc and bl PR-S I'm sold..this is a much needed update for an already ground breaking series and is really worth the 60 price tag. I I haven't played the prequel yet so i'm not sure about how that is butBorderlands 2 was my game of the year when I first got it on launch day on ps3 and xbox 360, I played bl2 forever and now that it's available for ps4 with 60fps and 1080p native and all dlc and bl PR-S I'm sold..this is a much needed update for an already ground breaking series and is really worth the 60 price tag. I I haven't played the prequel yet so i'm not sure about how that is but i'm sure its good. Expand
  25. Mar 29, 2015
    I own the PC version of this game and loved it there. But bringing it to the console in this way is the next level. Not only do we have two games but every single extra that was ever made will be included with them. I have never heard of half of these extras and am looking forward to exploring what they are in this complete edition of both games. Its really is a must for the gamers shelfI own the PC version of this game and loved it there. But bringing it to the console in this way is the next level. Not only do we have two games but every single extra that was ever made will be included with them. I have never heard of half of these extras and am looking forward to exploring what they are in this complete edition of both games. Its really is a must for the gamers shelf and this is why...

Borderlands 2 is fantastic, smooth and glorious in its faithful reproduction of the original. Having all the DLC rolled in brings extra character options which you may not have ever seen before. If you are new to the franchise you cannot go wrong with this title, its brings the genius of 2K games leading title to the big screen with all the laid back humor that comes with it. It is essentially a first person shooter with a storyline that doesn't take itself too seriously. For all that, it is widely considered one of the best FPS multiplayer experiences in the market today. The split screen is a nice feature but its the online multiplayer with your friends who can co-op into your game at any time that steals the show.

For those who have the game and have played it, like myself, its a complete set of the game you know and love. Borderlands 2 looks magnificent on the big screen and there are a lot of options now with the DLC's thrown in. Many of which you have probably never seen. The Pre Sequel is also smooth as silk on the PS4 platform and with future DLC's rolled in you are pretty much setup for the ultimate FPS multiplayer mayhem from the comfort of your lounge room. Borderlands with DTS sound and crystal clear picture on the large screen is really an experience. But if you don't like the up front price then wait a few months and pick it up on sale for 1/3 less. It certainly is a game you will be coming back to because there is always something you have yet to find in this game with easter eggs peppered throughout the series... it's full of stars!

In regards to the original Borderlands, 2K have said that if this edition proves to be a commercial success then they may well remaster the first game of the series. So this is like a toe in the water so to speak.
  26. Mar 31, 2015
    Missed the boat on the older generations. Never played them on my ps3. I have a ps4 now and have been gaming much more. Just bought Last of Us, Bloodborne, GTA V, and this. Really digging the game so far. It's definitely a fun game with lots to do and the girl at the store wasn't kidding. Really seems like I got my money's worth with all of the DLC.
  27. Mar 25, 2015
    BUY it! with the price of this game $59.99 your crazy not to buy it. Borderlands The Handsome Collection comes with Borderlands 2 and borderlands the pre-sequel with every DLC ever released this would be cost $399 for $59.99 you are getting everything. Borderlands T.H.C gets a 10/10
  28. Jul 26, 2015
    Man, Borderlands is awesome and adicting, this is a really great bundle with 2 games and tons of DLC, i am not a fan of first person shooters but this game is just great
  29. Apr 5, 2015
    -$VALUE$ is Irrelevant! So disregard ALL reviews that say ""all the free Dlc blah blah.. This NEVER HELPS ME DECIDE..
    ~~~TIME IS WORTH MORE THEN MONEY TO GAMERS! So it doesn't matter if the game were a fee playstation Plus game or not, because I won't like it anymore if it's free...what world do people pretend this is where a gamer is SOO broke to not afford $60.. I was! But times are different..lol
    ---What good is all the DLC if the game is lame or crapycrap...

---If you are like me and stopped buying PS3 games when ""Borderlands THE PRE SEQUEL" came out then this is PRICELESS!!
    --what's funny is I was bored after and hour of The pre Sequel so I played Borderlands two with Guage. The only Vault Hunter I haven't played...and I don't notice a difference in looks.. I'm sure i would notice if I booted up the PS3 right now,,but whatevs. It's fun. And I didn't get to play all the borderlands 2 DLC..

--my beef with borderlands is it gets old after so long..or maybe that's not fair..I want to play my newer more recent games instead....

BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE! Because you know it, I know it, Gearbox knows it= Borderlands is fun and this collection means it can compete with all our other games.,I just wish my friends still played it..and I haven't played any way since but solo...

---Ps: the headhunter mini DLC are a w e s o m e.. The Halloween one is AMAZINGLY ADDICTING..THE MUSIC IS VERY HIGH QUALITY(that's why it got caps sorry mates). And the Zombie is funny as heck..
    --the Christmas one was super fun as well..I dRe say it but = TOO much loot in that one..
    --The thanksgiving one is easy to grind but boring,, and I didn't do valentines or whatever else...

---So I'm pretty happy with this game..and I have xboxOne too and that means I have lots of games to choose from. Right now it's assasins's Creed Black Flag(new to me) that pulled me away from this game...
    --final word So~~please don't use "value" anymore in reviews. Because we all know it's a steal/deal..gamers want to know how it holds up and if it's worth returning.....
    Thanks for reading, and remember to read my review with comedy in mind. I'm not serious. So flame Off :)
  30. Oct 24, 2015
    A solid port of the PC version minus the Physx effects (which are very impressive). If you only played these games on last gen consoles, you are in for a real treat. The smooth crispy image with 60 FPS is a nice upgrade indeed, and both games have all the DLC. This one is sadly only a 8 because the pre-sequel is pretty underwhelming.
  31. Jul 16, 2019
    The handsome collection contains Borderlands 2 and Borderlands Pre Sequel games and all their DLC. It does not contain the original Borderlands game. I have only completed the pre sequel game which is considered the most skippable game in the series so I wanted to review it cuz most people don't elaborate on why......first I wanna start with the good this i stypical fps-rpg hybrid heavenThe handsome collection contains Borderlands 2 and Borderlands Pre Sequel games and all their DLC. It does not contain the original Borderlands game. I have only completed the pre sequel game which is considered the most skippable game in the series so I wanted to review it cuz most people don't elaborate on why......first I wanna start with the good this i stypical fps-rpg hybrid heaven and the gameplay is smooth and glitch free. The pre sequel take some place in outer space which adds some gameplay variety. Here you have to rush to oxygen rich areas or your health depletes. In game you have o2 gadgets to equip as part of the loot so with better gear you can avoid the problems of oxygen depleted space vacuums. You can turn on oxygen beacons to advance map areas. Inside gravity is like normal Borderlands and outside you can jump and remain gliding much longer. Some enemies wear masks and headshots can devoid them of their oxygen. Apart from that this is the borderlands we all know. The story is meh and gets you to one area to another. The worlds are fast travelable and map markers are still terrible. Some parts of the game was a fluke I found the areas to advance to. Fortunately there were only about three of these areas. Credit the quality of the game enuf I stuck around cuz these were very frustrating areas without consulting YouTube to cheat. Characters in the pre sequel were fantastic...6 new vault hunters I used the baroness and completed the game with her. I will want to replay the game with another vault hunter maybe claptrap next but it's a toss up......this is where borderlands shines. A great game once around and replay able as a new experience perhaps better, perhaps worse but fun to try...loot pickups in this game seemed ok however many times chests didn't auto collect. That said it was game breaking but that's where my two point reduction came from apart from the mapping issue. Overall I noticed the game was designed to not have you stuck. I had a hard time with certain bosses and died repeatedly. You get some top up ammo (thumbs up) but not a full refill and the boss was somewhat faster to reduce in health up to your previous best assault on their health...As a game I appreciate that this game made the effort to keep the gameplay exactly challenging enough. Now if I rate this game an 8 and borderlands 2 is even better, and you can grab this game new for $20 I'd say that's a must buy. Expand
  32. Feb 1, 2019
    Update - bugs were fixed shortly after release, making this a must-own for anyone who enjoys FPS-RPG hybrids.
  33. May 13, 2015
    If you have not played this game before and like FPS then just get it, lots of content and you will have a great time. Just keep in mind it is not a serious game, it is sarcastic and loose.

If you have then there is nothing new, just the same again which is fine by me.
  34. May 16, 2015
    The framerate dips a little more than I would like or this would be a 10. Haven't even played the presequel yet but already got around 50 hours of play time on BL2 and the more you play the better the game gets unlike other games where you run out of content this game just gets better with more loot and higher levels making it easy to power level even more characters if you are playingThe framerate dips a little more than I would like or this would be a 10. Haven't even played the presequel yet but already got around 50 hours of play time on BL2 and the more you play the better the game gets unlike other games where you run out of content this game just gets better with more loot and higher levels making it easy to power level even more characters if you are playing with a friend. Really good value for the money. Expand
  35. Apr 2, 2015
    It's everything you love about Borderlands, now on your PS4! I never had the chance to play the pre-sequel, making this a fantastic purchase. 4-player co-op runs beautifully, super happy to finally have a co-op game on PS4.
  36. Aug 10, 2015
    Mind you, I've only played through the Pre-Sequel so far. The game cannot be faulted for lack of content. The quality is another matter.

The story is fun and the characters are funny. There are enemy types galore, vehicles, set pieces, alien locations, boss battles, and more weapons than could ever be reviewed. I love re-releases that include all of the DLC. Value wise, this is a winner (especially considering I bought the collection digitally for $30).

The quality is not top notch. The art style makes the last gen graphics look a game from 2 generations ago. My characters often became stuck in the environment. Areas seem massive but in reality are lots of small walled off areas connected by portals. Some of the events are also buggy, or at least you can say they are unreliable. At least the game is forgiving about things like death.

The defining feature of Borderlands is the abundance of weapons. Random weapons are a fun idea, but just when I find a weapon I enjoy using, it is made obsolete by the constant increase in enemies' armor and health. After you finish the game, you see an announcement that says the real game has just begun. You can collect new weapons as long as you like, but what's the point after the story based challenge is complete?

The game mechanic also forces players to partake in side missions in order to be "leveled" enough to complete the main mission. Some of the side missions are fun. Others are the same old boring delivery missions that have plagued these types of games since they were created. Maybe I'm jaded after almost a year of grinding in "Destiny". The fun isn't in the grind. I will go so far as to say that these grind happy games should offer a no-grinding mode for time sensitive players.

My third complaint is no dig at Gearbox, but the collection is like food past the expiration date. The game collection begs to be played co-op in a time when there are no longer enough players to make co-op viable. The co-op is ingrained in the dialogue and cut-scenes which often mention absent parties. The Borderlands community has already moved on to games like "Destiny". The discounted $30 price I paid is perhaps the real value.
  37. Feb 2, 2017
    Borderlands 2 + all dlc has enough merit in it's own right to be worth the price tag. Coupled with Pre-Sequel, this game is offering a lot of value here. Definitely one of the best loot games out there. Colorful schemes, ability systems for the most part work out well, and there is a decent story for both games. I would say that the only things truly keeping me from giving this game a 9 orBorderlands 2 + all dlc has enough merit in it's own right to be worth the price tag. Coupled with Pre-Sequel, this game is offering a lot of value here. Definitely one of the best loot games out there. Colorful schemes, ability systems for the most part work out well, and there is a decent story for both games. I would say that the only things truly keeping me from giving this game a 9 or 10 is the fact that not all characters are totally viable late game. They definitely fall into tiers in that area, even with the correct set ups. One more problem that I've had is that the final difficulty level is extraordinarily tough. You will dump mags into enemies and you will still be put down in just a few shots by basic or bad ass enemies.

Set ups of gear and abilities become key on the hardest difficulty and it can be jarring as well incredibly frustrating. The mid difficulty and start game difficulty operate differently than the hardest difficulty, as you can still just kind of buff up your character and use basic strategies to take enemies down. Not so in the hardest difficulty. I cannot stress enough that you will definitely hit a wall when going from mid difficulty to hard.

It actually turned me away from the game for a long while. I just play the mid difficulty to have my fun these days. Enemy levels cap at 50 on mid difficulty or close to that. Enemies on the hardest difficulty have 4x the health and actually regenerate health. So if you aren't putting out enough damage, the fights become ridiculous and every encounter is almost a boss fight.

Also, as much as the game wants to tout having so many guns at your disposal, this is not the case. The game randomly generates stats and parts on guns and it won't be long before you realize that certain blue and gold grade weapons will be the way to go. Boiling "bazillions" of guns down to a few hundred. Which is still amazing. But I feel it's worth noting.

You also want to be coordinating with a team if possible. Maybe not so much for the difficulty, but because I've personally encountered scenarios of people just standing in the main city just kind of chatting or screwing around with stats instead of going out and doing quests. But thats just my personal experience.

Those things said, this game is still a lot of fun. Characters are memorable, especially the antagonist, for the most part as well as the world around you. A **** ton of content for the price tag. Highly recommended if you are into games with shooter and rpg elements.
  38. Sep 1, 2015
    Same old Borderlands : funny characters, fun and above all decent gameplay and a **** of weapons.
    The story is what keeps me intrested in a game and this one hardly was good enough to complete it a staggering 5 times to plat.
    Advisable buy if you've never touched it but if you did I just don't see the point. The game's strong point is said to be the fresh/fun coop, but it basicly

The game's strong point is said to be the fresh/fun coop, but it basicly comes down to running around solo and hoarding weaponry before your buddy gets it. It doesn't promote coop in the least.

That being said, good game.
  39. May 17, 2015
    The game is old, but it appeared in a great moment for the PS4. There aren't many local multiplayer games that can support 3 or more players in the same console, Borderlands did it very well by adding 4 local coop which makes the game better and enjoyable. Also, it comes with ALL the DLC's which are stunning and BIG, specially the Tiny Tina ... best DLC i've ever seen (very complete).The game is old, but it appeared in a great moment for the PS4. There aren't many local multiplayer games that can support 3 or more players in the same console, Borderlands did it very well by adding 4 local coop which makes the game better and enjoyable. Also, it comes with ALL the DLC's which are stunning and BIG, specially the Tiny Tina ... best DLC i've ever seen (very complete). That's not all, for the last gen they made the Pre-sequel game, now it's added in the handsome collection.

The game is very fun, looting in here is much better than Destiny, there are many creative main missions and side quests, re playability is very good, every time you level up you encounter to new enemies, weapons, armor and lots of things. It's really hard to get bored in this game, seriously!
  40. Mar 31, 2015
    Listen. Borderlands 2 was awesome. Pre-sequel was....ok. Now you get both, completely remastered a d ALL DLC for BOTH games. (That's a crap ton of content.) Plus a decent story. Buy this instead of that **** known as Destiny.
  41. May 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So I'm mainly going to place my opinion on the pre sequel and I'll say this about Borderlands 2; it's good, moving on. So if it's unknown to you what happened in Borderlands 2 than the pre-sequel will be confusing for you the basic jest is there's a guy called Jack he's incredibly evil and a huge a**-h*** and on Pandora there's room for only one so you kill him. In the pre sequel however they decide to tell you (in more detail) about his uprising and how he became Handsome Jack. This seems to be a good idea, the problem is several plot holes or unclear 'things', you see (spoilers) Angel back in Borderlands 1 was an ai but in Borderlands 2 it comes out that she's actually a Siren and Jack's daughter, and in a echo recording he's still Handsome Jack (not Jack, there's a difference) and pulling the strings of everything yet it turns out (according to the pre-sequel) Jack turned into Handsome Jack AFTER the events of Borderlands 1 but the recording indicated this was before Borderlands 1 even with someone telling Jack to put his mask back on, confused? I sure am. Theres a bunch of these little flaws that depending on your need for the storytelling aspect of these games will irritate you, for me it's a pretty big let down as I feel like they're forcing us to feel sympathetic to Jack but I just got confused more than anything. So another thing about the story is the characters and how I generally don't care for most of them, we already know what happens to mostly everybody (save the narrator of the story, Athena) we play as NPCs from Borderlands 2 who are villains and you end up killing them so right off the bat I didn't care for any of them since I knew where they'd end up making me immediately detaching me from caring for them.
    So another big part of the game is the 'shoot n' loot' which is still there so if your here for that than go ahead, but they also added another part of the game as your on the moon that means zero gravity! And the constantly depleting oxygen supply you have... The zero G is great and is pretty fun to just jump shoot and stomp enemies but the constant draining oxygen sort of hampers the experience for me, one major thing that got me about this game was how cluttered and tight everything was, compared to Borderlands 2 (sorry for comparing them) there was the all important quiet time, kill a bunch of enemies and enjoy the sweet release of nothing just walk around looting exploring, here though the constant oxygen depletion meant I had to be quick which means I barely had time to myself and there was the constant quests are on my back with also a GIANT SPACE LAZER SHOOTING THE MOON!!! Making me feel like I had something constantly weigh on me to a certain point of where some jacka** asked me to do a mission I did it and the place was at the other end of the map with no detail of how to get there constantly shooting enemies with oxygen running out and then when I turn in the mission i get another telling me to go back and do something, at which point I said "F*** this!" and focused on the main story, but later on near the end stretch I was really hyped going into alien ruins with all my friends saying 'good luck' and I was super excited but the immersion was quickly destroyed when I saw a bunch of quest pop up making me want to rush through the game not giving a crap, I got this again when I went into said alien ruins thinking "HOLY COW THIS IS AMAZING!" But this was swept away as AGAIN! More quests showed up. And the ending, obviously brought no satisfying conclusion and bringing up more questions than answers all along the way. Needless to say this game fails in my eyes as a single player game, Co-op (as usually recommended for these games) is probably 100x better I'll never know because of how un-motivated I am to drag myself through the game that I already know how it ends up. Even with this I still say it's good just not as good as Borderlands 2, even with that the handsome edition is a must buy as your getting the Pre-Sequal AND Borderlands 2 ALL DLC which if I'm doing math correctly Borderlands 2 is like 100$ with all all it has! So grab a friend (tie him/her/it up if you must! The cops will understand) and have a blast!
  42. Oct 4, 2018
    Чёрт с ней с Pre Sequel, это стоит брать ради Borderlands 2. Прекрасный порт, 60fps, одна из самых стёбных игр с графикой, стлилзованной под комиксы. Рекомендуется играть с другом.
  43. Apr 22, 2015
    It is my second try with borderlands 2. First time I was playing on a laptop and stopped after around 1 hour of messing around. I have found this game as a boring one. I have no idea why I bought it for PS4... But it was a great move. for a single player FPS this one is the best. Game atmosphere is great, music and graphics as well. it is quite expensive but it has a lot of content. For meIt is my second try with borderlands 2. First time I was playing on a laptop and stopped after around 1 hour of messing around. I have found this game as a boring one. I have no idea why I bought it for PS4... But it was a great move. for a single player FPS this one is the best. Game atmosphere is great, music and graphics as well. it is quite expensive but it has a lot of content. For me it's 10, but I would like to see borderlands 1 remake in the bundle as well. Expand
  44. Apr 22, 2015
    This bundle is amazing for the price. Only $60 for two whole games and loads of DLC's for both games. I play this game everyday with my two friends and absolutely love the co-op. If you want a fun gaming experience, buy this game, you won't regret it
  45. Mar 28, 2015
    This collection is fantastic in terms of value for money, however I can't say I am not disappointed that the original borderlands game has not been remastered alongside the two games already included because that would be the cherry on top of the cake and would of probably made it one of the best bargains in gaming history.
    The games included however have been given a significant upgrade
    The games included however have been given a significant upgrade (however there seem to be a few muddy textures here and there but barely noticeable the majority of the time) with full hd, upgraded textures and improved lighting and to top it off the game runs at a smooth 60 fps. Borderlands 2 is of high quality and deserves to be considered a classic with Great characters and world with addictive rpg elements. The pre sequel is a step down in quality but is still a good game and deserves your attention with a few likeable characters and new interesting gameplay mechanics, the problem with this game though is that it does feel like a expansion for borderlands 2 which isn't necessarily a bad thing! Overall thoughts is that this is worth the buy if you haven't played either one of these games and its a must buy if you haven't played any of them!
  46. Mar 29, 2015
    Best played on PC in 4K. BL2 is a must own one of my favourite games ever 9.8/10 Pre sequel 7.7/10 I have put 500+ hours into BL2 and around 100hrs into the pre sequel. Buy this game for BL2. Enjoy it's very addicting. Orange is now my favourite color.
  47. Apr 16, 2015
    borderlands is a great franchise with a huge variety of weapons and character customisation also the fact that it comes with borderlands 2 and the pre sequel makes me want the game even more but I would give the game a 10 only if it gives you borderlands 1 with all the dlc imagine playing the general knox dlc with the ps4 or xbox one controll I dont know why they did'nt think of that
  48. Dec 16, 2015
    I know people are getting really tired of remasters but this collection is just amazing. It comes with 2 games (Borderlands 2, and Borderlands Pre Sequal) and they have ALL of he DLCs, and a 1080p display with 60fps, for such a cheap price. They will keep you entertained for hours. If you love sjooters, and RPG games, this game is for you.
  49. Sep 17, 2015
    This is so funny, I have to buy this version cause the one of the PS Vita just keep crashing and what was my surprise? 1080 and 60 FPS, great remake and includes The Presecuel with my man... well... favorite robot, Clap Trap, also the new multiplayer with split screen adds more fun with your pals.

A must have if you haven't play the versions for Xbox 360 or PS3 (or Vita for Borderlands 2)
  50. Aug 26, 2015
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection includes the definitive versions of both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, built specifically for next-gen consoles.
  51. Jul 13, 2019
    Packed full of content, this huge game is well worth adding to your PS4 collection (just for Borderlands 2 alone). It's fast, fun, vast and funny too - with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains I've seen in recent years.
  52. Jun 7, 2016
    this game has the humor the great loot the style but it kinda lacks a good pace i mean half the time your looking for a goddamn key than doing the story and with all does dlc you cant get better deal than this and if you havent played this games last gen this great time to play borderlands
  53. Jan 23, 2018
    For 60 bucks you get 2 games with all of the dlcs. This game has a ton of replayability to boot.
  54. Sep 9, 2016

Next-gen enhanced games Borderlands

55. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  56. May 27, 2017
    Amazing collection of one of the best shooters / loot grinding games ever with even better graphics and dlc

Borderlands 2 with all dlc is just awesome borderlands : pre sequel is a good game but feels dry but with all the dlc it is a great game I would have given a 9 but borderlands 1 is missing wich is a shame But still buy it

Borderlands 2 with all dlc is just awesome

I would have given a 9 but borderlands 1 is missing wich is a shame
    But still buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  57. Mar 4, 2017
    Borderlands in general - Beautiful, fun, satisfying. The gameplay is so much fun, the side quests are awesome, and most importantly, the fully voiced characters are quirky and wholly entertaining. The Borderlands universe is incredible.

The only negative I can think of are the horrible timed quests in Borderlands 2, which are impossible without co-oping. However, if you have people to play these games with consistently, this game becomes a 10/10.
  58. Dec 6, 2016
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is one step away from perfect. The cell-shaded graphics are crisp and high quality, there is tons of added DLC including two new playable characters, and Borderlands is just plain fun. This game is certainly one of my favorite "cough co-op" games on PS4 to play. It also has some replayability factor. The only thing that I disliked about BorderlandsBorderlands: The Handsome Collection is one step away from perfect. The cell-shaded graphics are crisp and high quality, there is tons of added DLC including two new playable characters, and Borderlands is just plain fun. This game is certainly one of my favorite "cough co-op" games on PS4 to play. It also has some replayability factor. The only thing that I disliked about Borderlands was that the menu navigation can be frustrating on certain quests, and I spent more time trying to get to Point XYZ on the map that I spent killing the boss. Expand
  59. Apr 10, 2017
    The Handsome Collection deserves the highest praise and score for Borderlands 2 alone, possibly the best FPS-RPG ever made. The game is not perfect and the Pre-Sequel doesn't reach the heights of B2 but considering the huge amount of content and replay value this compilation is still a must in any gamer's library.
  60. Apr 16, 2017
    For the price that the Handsome Collection is available for on PSN, this is a must own. Regularly on sale for ~£14-16 on the UK PSN, definitely get it! Even if it's only for Borderlands 2, a frankly 9.5/10 game on the last gen consoles (and PC). The remaster on the PS4 is gorgeous, and Borderlands 2 is just as much fun as it was. With all the DLC included this is an absolute bargain!!For the price that the Handsome Collection is available for on PSN, this is a must own. Regularly on sale for ~£14-16 on the UK PSN, definitely get it! Even if it's only for Borderlands 2, a frankly 9.5/10 game on the last gen consoles (and PC). The remaster on the PS4 is gorgeous, and Borderlands 2 is just as much fun as it was. With all the DLC included this is an absolute bargain!!

As for the Pre-Sequel... just don't play it. It's a disappointment compared to Borderlands 2. Or do, give it a shot, but I guarantee that you'll be returning to Borderlands 2 before long!!!

TL;DR - Buy this for Borderlands 2, even if you've played it before, at ~£14-16, with all the DLC, its a bargain!
  61. Jan 8, 2019
    The definitive all in one package. Definitely worth buying over the PC version as it is still greatly populated. This game is a must have for PS4 owners as it offers near infinite replay value.
  62. Jul 16, 2019
    Awesome and badass games, combat is awesome and story is crazy and fun. 2K really did a good job. This PS4 version its nice but its not that different from the old gen
  63. Dec 18, 2018
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is an amazing game that brings back Borderlands 2 from older consoles as well as Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Borderlands 2 is filled with the entire game including DLC with updated graphics. It simply looks amazing and has everything that lovers of the franchise could ever want. Choosing between six unique vault hunters, each having three skill treesBorderlands: The Handsome Collection is an amazing game that brings back Borderlands 2 from older consoles as well as Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Borderlands 2 is filled with the entire game including DLC with updated graphics. It simply looks amazing and has everything that lovers of the franchise could ever want. Choosing between six unique vault hunters, each having three skill trees to go down, allows for each player to have different experiences. There are a countless amount of side missions and weapons to choose between. Multiple game difficulties to play through the makes each game more intense than the last. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel allows for similar gameplay that it had in the past. Which for a Borderlands fan, is lovely. Overall, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection comes with two amazing games for the price of one. Expand
  64. Sep 23, 2019
    The amount of content in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, is as generous as the amount of guns dropped in the game. Not only are there two really fun RPG shooters to play, but you also get all DLC for free! While there is a lack of new content to be seen, if you haven’t played Borderlands 2 on the PS3, or haven’t experienced every piece of DLC, then, oh boy, is this the game for you.The amount of content in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, is as generous as the amount of guns dropped in the game. Not only are there two really fun RPG shooters to play, but you also get all DLC for free! While there is a lack of new content to be seen, if you haven’t played Borderlands 2 on the PS3, or haven’t experienced every piece of DLC, then, oh boy, is this the game for you. My only problem is that The Pre-Sequel does have some pacing issues, because more often than not, I found myself underleveled after completing a story mission and beginning a new one, and since the side quests’ rewards aren’t as generous in terms of exp, it can get a bit grindy at times. But nevertheless, I still love The Handsome Collection for all the guns, laughs, and content packed into a single $60 package. Expand
  65. Oct 6, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. De los mejores juegos de disparos en primera persona, es un videojuego de acción frenética en cada instante, enemigos inigualables, que mas podría decir es el mundo loco de Borderlands Expand

1. CD-Action
    Jun 29, 2015
    A good port, but just a port – there’s no new content here and the visuals haven’t changed since the original PC versions. [06/2015, p.61]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 1, 2015
    If you can look past its flaw you'll find a bundle with more charisma and creativity than most on PS4. [June 2015, p.91]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 26, 2015
    Amazing value for newbies and borderline amazing to look at for veterans, this has a little something for everybody. [May 2015, p82]