3.3

1. Dec 23, 2020
    Great campaign and finally that old good feeling of a real Call of Duty.
    Love it
  2. Nov 14, 2020
    Russians forward :) everyone can get their own in the campaign, one of the best singles games in the series over the past few years
  3. Nov 15, 2020
    I played on the console and it's just great!
    Music is a little **** but overall i do not understand grades lower than 7.
  4. Nov 15, 2020
    A lot of the 0 score reviews on here are from when the game first launched bug ridden, it is in a much better state now so take them with a pinch of salt.

Gotta admit this game had a rough start, but just over a month in and it’s already in a far more polished state. Campaign was brief and enjoyable, zombies is alright IMO a bit monotonous, multiplayer is fun though the matchmaking is hit and miss, one game you will get annihilated, the next you will destroy the enemy team with a KD of 7+.
  5. Nov 15, 2020
    Yea although the graphics aren't as good as modern warfare I still think the games fun, other than they just have to balance a few guns and stuff and then it's good. The problem with why it has a bad rating is bc ppl want another modern Warfare even though treyarch doesn't go for realism and stuff
  6. Dec 5, 2020
    Such a great game. Been playing until i got to first prestige befor i wrote a review for the game. Had a blast playing with friends in TDM, Kill confirm and many others. Zombies is better than ever and the weaponds in the game are so fun to use! Although i miss the kill streaks they still did a ok job with the scorestreaks except for when there is a camper sitting somewhere in a corner.Such a great game. Been playing until i got to first prestige befor i wrote a review for the game. Had a blast playing with friends in TDM, Kill confirm and many others. Zombies is better than ever and the weaponds in the game are so fun to use! Although i miss the kill streaks they still did a ok job with the scorestreaks except for when there is a camper sitting somewhere in a corner. Camping has become alot harder now. On most maps where you can "camp" there is ussualy an easy way to kill them with either a grenade, shotgun or just rush them with a knife form another direction. And the campain, OMG its so good i wont go far to into it but i love. Just play Cold war Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2020
    Best campaign for COD game during PS4/XOne generation.
    Multiplayer - i’m going back to MW 2019.
  8. Nov 14, 2020
    This game is not bad. Finnaly COD have good story and not bad gameplay. Good work Treyarch
  9. Nov 14, 2020
    Great zombies and campaign. Multiplayer could use some tweaking. Subdue did did did did did sis dlc fix cjdnxnckdndjdndbd did cjdndksndid
  10. Nov 16, 2020
    Zombie mode is amazing, multiplayer too, good that you can turn off enemy/team health bar. Its annoying, story is cool, well, i like it
  11. Nov 14, 2020
    Solid game all around. Great work Treyarch. You took all of the best parts of MW2019 and put your own, Treyarch spin on it. The campaign is an easy 10/10. The story is well told and the freedom to choose makes the game feel more immersive and real. Take your time on it and soak it all in, you’ll come out the other side feeling as if you just lived it. The multiplayer is great. Very fun andSolid game all around. Great work Treyarch. You took all of the best parts of MW2019 and put your own, Treyarch spin on it. The campaign is an easy 10/10. The story is well told and the freedom to choose makes the game feel more immersive and real. Take your time on it and soak it all in, you’ll come out the other side feeling as if you just lived it. The multiplayer is great. Very fun and arcade-like but still “serious” like MW2019. Great maps and great weapons. No complaints other than a few glitches here and there but I’m sure they will be ironed out in a few updates. The zombies experience is unique but still very familiar to the old days of zombies. They kept it fresh and it didn’t feel hashed out or like they were trying to re create zombies. Basically, They took it in a slightly different direction but kept the same core zombies experience. You can tell they put a lot of effort into the mechanics, the new Dark Aether story, and the Easter eggs. All in all, 10/10. (If you “get” zombies, you know it isn’t just a mindless game. It’s tough. The Easter Eggs and the grind to find and complete them are what makes the experience whole. There is so much thought that goes into these stories and lore of the overall zombies mode, it’s insane. To claim it as “mindless” IS mindless.) To sum it up, Treyarch knocked it out of the park. I haven’t felt this great about CoD since Modern Warfare 2. It feels new and it feels right. Come at it with the right mindset and you’ll definitely enjoy this years iteration of one of the best video game franchises to date. Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2020
    Just have to say one thing, everyone who says cold war zombies is garbage or trash is stupid. Almost all the best zombies players in the world love it. Just saying. I also just love how almost ever cod player all of a sudden thinks they are a expert on every aspect of cod. If you don't like the game don't buy it, it's that simple because complaining is not helping to fix any problems.
  13. Nov 14, 2020
    This game is wonderfull. Time to kill is so good, the back of pretige System was so good for people who like this system to level up. The maps are playable, different from MW 2019
    Este jogo está incrivel, tempo de matar está muito bom e a volta do sistema de prestigio fora muito boa para quem gosta de um jogo à moda antiga, mesmo tendo algumas diferenças. Além dos mapas estarem jogáveis
  14. Nov 15, 2020
    Most of the reviews are misleading. Most reviews say the graphics are bad and look like an xbox 360 game. That is obviously false if you look at gameplay. Most reviews mention OP weapons even though thats in every cod. This game is good but cod fans are blinded by nostalgia and think every little thing must be perfect or it's a 0
  15. Nov 14, 2020
    Nice game but pls stop allowing console players to playing with pc players. Pretty much all of controller player were aim assist abuser
  16. Nov 15, 2020
    Honestly in my opinion the games good not great but I'm only giving this game a 8 out of 10 because the game just doesn't have enough content, I loved the campaign just to short, multiplayer is well just okay.
  17. Nov 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you love call of duty black ops game you should love this game.
    The negatives of this game .
    SBMM , system of scorstrikes
  18. Nov 29, 2020
    I love this game. I don't know what everyone is complaining about. The maps are well set up and I love nuketown. And on this one unlike modern warfare, people actually die when you shoot them. Most fun I have had in a long time. Only problem is the glitches need to be fixed and more content. The last two cod I have hated and thus one made up for it.
  19. Nov 14, 2020
    Excelente história. Multiplayer bem fluido e modo zumbis mais acessível ao público casual.
  20. Nov 14, 2020
    Unlike Modern Warfare, this game is NOT for scrubs. It isn't a campfest that allows you to camp in windows or high platform vantage points everywhere for free kills and that's why it's getting such low scores. This is what Call of Duty USED to be 10 years ago, and it's finally back.
  21. Nov 14, 2020
    Look at me! Look at me! Im so cool and edgy I gave the game a 0!!! I saw a grenade throw on multiplayer, played 1 campaign mission and dont like zombies which means Im giving the game a 0/10!!! Wow, I sure got Cod with this one lol! In all seriousness, this is an arcade type call of duty. It ditched the realism and goes back to something more bo3/bo4 with more chaotic gameplay, and itsLook at me! Look at me! Im so cool and edgy I gave the game a 0!!! I saw a grenade throw on multiplayer, played 1 campaign mission and dont like zombies which means Im giving the game a 0/10!!! Wow, I sure got Cod with this one lol! In all seriousness, this is an arcade type call of duty. It ditched the realism and goes back to something more bo3/bo4 with more chaotic gameplay, and its fun. Finished the campaign twice and it was fun. Played quite some zombies and it truly is really really fun. The multiplayer is super fun as well. Its fast paced and non stop action on most maps since they are really small. Yes the game is not for everyone. Yes there are issues. But the fact you dont like a grenade throw warrants a 0? No. If you're on the fence about the game wait for black friday or christmas. If you’re inclined to get it, then get it, the game is fun!! Plus new content is coming in fast with nuketown and new zombies and gameplay improvements. All in all, I really like the game and feel that it going back to older type cod, but making it fresher is a good thing and not a bad one. Just my grain of salt and do with it what you wish!!! Expand
  22. Nov 15, 2020
    Way better than Modern Campfare in every aspect.

Campaign
    COOP
    Multiplayer
  23. Nov 14, 2020
    Um dos melhores da saga Black ops, Cold War traz várias novidades tanto na campanha quanto zombies
  24. Nov 14, 2020
    I always just read user reviews since they were supposed to represent the average joe (me) . But since Xbox series x didn't have any good release launches, I decided to buy this game anyways, and I am speechless, this game is all sorts of fun, from graphics, to gameplay. What happened "users?" I read a lot of "this is a downgrade from a last generation version of call of duty" if this is aI always just read user reviews since they were supposed to represent the average joe (me) . But since Xbox series x didn't have any good release launches, I decided to buy this game anyways, and I am speechless, this game is all sorts of fun, from graphics, to gameplay. What happened "users?" I read a lot of "this is a downgrade from a last generation version of call of duty" if this is a downgrade, I gotta play the other one, cause goddamn! I dig this one. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2020
    Great game campaign probably the best over me 2019 mp has a great twist to it and zombies oh don't get me started!!!! I can't wait for warzone
  26. Dec 21, 2020
    Really great hated MW and just wanted it to get back to the good stuff! Well it has snappy satisfying gunplay, great story decent multiplayer for the first time in years. Great job!
  27. Nov 22, 2020
    As someone who quit playing since BO3, I am very happy with this game. For those of us that don't live in their parents basement and plays 3-12hr / day, we can now have fun being matched with those of the same skill level. Whiny tryhards complain because they have to play against other good players and can't just stomp on casual players. Sucks for them, but I quit purchasing CoD becauseAs someone who quit playing since BO3, I am very happy with this game. For those of us that don't live in their parents basement and plays 3-12hr / day, we can now have fun being matched with those of the same skill level. Whiny tryhards complain because they have to play against other good players and can't just stomp on casual players. Sucks for them, but I quit purchasing CoD because of them, so did multiple others that I know.

The most fun I've had in CoD in the last decade.
  28. Dec 27, 2020
    All the low scores are from people that suck at the game and can't adjust to the new game mechanics. Ignore them.
  29. Nov 18, 2020
    لعبة جميلة قدمت تجربة قصة مختلفة توجد اكثر من نهاية مهمام اساسية ومهمام فرعية كذلك طريقة جديدة في الالفاز
    الملتي بلاير كجزء من سلسة كول اوف ديوتي متواجد اطوار الاساسية بالاضافة الى اطوار جديدة مثل Fire Team Dirty Bomb الزومبي هذا الجزء رهيب فيه الادوات اللي تخلي الناس تلعب وقت اكثر من تجميع الكرستالات لتطوير شجرة المهارات من بيركات واسلحة كذلك الطور الرابع Dead Ops Arcade 3 قدم افكار جديدة من اضافات دنجنات كثيرة
  30. Nov 15, 2020
    After one year of suffering with MW Treyarch is back. Campaign is awesome, fun and mind blowing, Multiplayer is Black ops 1 + Black ops 3, 4 so its fun, chaotic, full of action. Zombies are awesome too.
    I am glad Treyarch is back and I cant wait for content what come this year.
  31. Nov 17, 2020
    The game is solid and with good content, multiplayer still fun and different than the last trial ( much faster)
    Maps are very good and fresh.
  32. Dec 11, 2020
    Foda demais mano, uma história incrível, a jogabilidade ótima, os cenários são simplesmente sensacionais, sem falar de terem dado bastante atenção ao contexto da guerra fria.
  33. Nov 15, 2020
    I am writing a positive review only because in this part of COD you can finally betray stupid americans and blow up Europe to hell. 10 out of 10 atomic bombs exploded
  34. Nov 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. -Campaign: As a sequel to Black Ops 1, the campaign is really good! It has interesting characters and also a cool newcomer, Russell Adler. Woods, Mason, Hudson and CO. are great! The storyline is pretty good where you go after the Soviet Agent Perseus. The locations where it is set are also interesting.
    However, as most of COD Campaigns, this one has 10 Missions and is 5/6 Hours long.

-Zombies:
    The Zombies are lit. My favorite Zombies Map is Kino der Toten, however, Nacht der Untoten comes close! I had lots of fun with randoms and friends fighting the Undead!

-Multiplayer:
    Multiplayer feels like a step back from MW2019. It is as always lots of fun with friends and the new Modes are also good. Although, the MP5 is just way too op and everyone uses it. I liked most of the maps, but on Miami were lots of campers.But in Overall, Multiplayer was lots of fun with my friends and we really enjoyed VIP Escort.

Verdict: 8/10 Campaign, 7/10 Multiplayer, 8.5/10 Zombies.
  35. Nov 15, 2020
    To put it short CAMPAIGN 10/10 Multiplayer 9/10 Zombies 10/10 CAMPAIGN: The campaign is actually very good and very well-made with having a couple features like using people as body shields choice making the first color duty to have side missions and more though the campaign is eight hours long at least it is not four hours like the previous game and if you’re a black ops fan you will beTo put it short CAMPAIGN 10/10 Multiplayer 9/10 Zombies 10/10 CAMPAIGN: The campaign is actually very good and very well-made with having a couple features like using people as body shields choice making the first color duty to have side missions and more though the campaign is eight hours long at least it is not four hours like the previous game and if you’re a black ops fan you will be familiar with some locations and little references to the previous games.

MULTIPLAYER: most of the guns are actually good as well with the attachments, so there’s lots of variety, also i honestly think all the maps are good some maps may be worse on some modes but they’re still very good there also may not be that many but at least it’s not like modern warfare we’re only shipment and shoot house played so map design is much better than modern warfare. Sure the game plays more arcady but as long as it’s more fun that’s all you should really care about.

ZOMBIES: The zombies has a bunch of new mechanics that can be enjoyable for casual an And zombie fans with tons of new gameplay mechanics including still trees and different kinds of upgrades and more things like rarities are new to the zombies experience.
  36. Nov 20, 2020
    Great game. Campaign is way better than past cod games. The zombies mode is also super fun. Multiplayer is alright
  37. Nov 30, 2020
    Cold War is a solid game. Although connection errors and party not available happens a lot and the menu doesn't run that smooth on ps4. Gameplay is fun but sometimes ruined by campers with snipers and shotguns, but what do you expect from Cod
  38. Dec 23, 2020
    Call of Duty fans rejoice! Cold war is finally the redemption to all the horrible games like infinity war and BO3. The campaign for this game is AMAZING. There hasn't been a multiplayer this good in a few years, though it loses points for all the visual bugs and split screen issues.
  39. Nov 17, 2020
    Overall, a decent entry to the Black Ops series-this years package includes a strong campaign, fun multiplayer and the return of zombies. Would recommend-especially, on next gen consoles (the adaptive trigger feature on Playstation is a cool feature!)
    -Campaign: Personally, I found the 5-7 hour campaign to be most enjoyable with great variety in the missions and multiple endings-this brings some replayability.
    -Multiplayer: If you played the beta, then you can expect a relatively similar experience with this year's multiplayer-hopefully, Treyarch will address some of the concerns raised by the community here in future updates.
    -Zombies: Overall, a relatively fun experience-it will be interesting to see where the game heads in terms of new DLC and Easter eggs
  40. Nov 17, 2020
    Очень стильно нарисованный шпионский экшен. По сравнению с недавней убогой Мафией просто шедевр, хоть механики также казуальны. Тем не менее, сюжет хватает вас за горло с первых минут и не отпускает до конца. Прикольные герои, запоминающиеся локации, приятная стрельба и реалистичный звук. Особо понравилось, что можно пострелять по коммунякам-ватникам. Около 120 фпс на 1080ти. Что ещеОчень стильно нарисованный шпионский экшен. По сравнению с недавней убогой Мафией просто шедевр, хоть механики также казуальны. Тем не менее, сюжет хватает вас за горло с первых минут и не отпускает до конца. Прикольные герои, запоминающиеся локации, приятная стрельба и реалистичный звук. Особо понравилось, что можно пострелять по коммунякам-ватникам. Около 120 фпс на 1080ти. Что еще нужно, чтобы провести несколько зимних вечеров? Expand
  41. Nov 15, 2020
    O jogo está muito bom e divertido comparado ao anterior, espero que continue assim nas próximas att, ansioso pela 1• temp
  42. Nov 14, 2020
    masterpice this is legit braindamaged busted, its so good. Best COD ever! ye!...
  43. Nov 15, 2020
    Best cod in a long time. Hope its gonna be an eventful game. Story is brilliant, multiplayer is good except the mp5 spam i hope it'll get nerfed.
  44. Nov 15, 2020
    хорошая графика сюжет с эпичном концом и диалоговая система плюс стрельба очень хорошая но есть один минус продолжительность
  45. Nov 15, 2020
    Mint game so good love VIP
    ..............................................................
  46. Nov 18, 2020
    This game is not bad. Finnaly COD have good story and not bad gameplay. Good work . Keep it up!
  47. Nov 18, 2020
    i think is a god call of duty is a new air to the black ops franchise the history of the cold war is very interesting the zombies mode i think isthe best one of the franchise the multyplayer need upgrades of the map in conclusionis very funny cod with friend
  48. Dec 10, 2020
    I'm really enjoying the game , zombies is awesome , multiplayer is already good but is getting improved !!!
  49. Dec 24, 2020
    I loved this game! They have prestige mode, and is frenetic, good maps, I love call of duty
  50. Dec 30, 2020
    The focus mode on the snipers, how It doesn't have a time limit is awesome and yall should keep that up. It is definitely hands down the best cod I've played. You won't regret buying it. People complaining saying this game sucks, you'll always have those cry baby people with the need to complain. no matter what. Definitely worth the price. Very fun
  51. Feb 16, 2021
    Great game, love the campaign, multiplayer is fun besides the SBMM and one map, zombies is surprisingly great.
  52. Mar 1, 2021
    this game is really fun but i am not a fan it resets your level every season in online cod bo3 does not do that. story mode is not that good. online is so fun. and zombies is one of the best zombies i am surprised of how good it is for a new game still can't compete with cod b03 zombies but this cod game is surprisingly better than i thought
  53. Nov 18, 2020
    Im really enjoying this game. Multiplayer is so much better then last years modern warfare.
  54. Nov 29, 2020
    Great campain but short, amazing zmobies mode which you can play for longs hours. Multiplayer is lacking a content, but we got a nuketown last week and we are going to get at least three new maps on december 10!
  55. Dec 5, 2020
    Cold War doesn't have great graphics, it lacks content (maps) and SBMM can make the experience frustrating, but even so, it is a fun arcade FPS game "à la" Treyarch.
  56. Jan 10, 2021
    Сюжетная компания очень удивила молодцом 5 из 5
  57. Nov 17, 2020
    Bueno como es normal en los juegos de Treyarch en el lanzamiento esta falto de contenido. Pero hare mi reseña en base a lo que ofrece el juego que es Campaña , Multijugador y Zombies. Vayamos por partes:

Campaña:Un 9 de 10 esta campaña es la mas decente que he jugado durante estos ultimos 5 años. Multijugador: 6 de 10 es entretenido pero siento que le faltan mas mapas y modos.

Zombies: 8 de 10 La jugabilidad esta muy divertida pero el mapa no me gusto tanto. Pero eso se puede areglar cuando saquen mas mapas.

entonces mi reseña es de 8 de 10 ya que es un muy buen juego le hace falta contenido.
  58. Feb 16, 2021
    I don't understand why there's so much hatred for this part, for me this part is the best. Its atmosphere, style, campaign (oooh, yeah, it's something with something). The campaign is one of the best, it's a pity that the 5-6 hours, and so is excellent, I hope more will continue. Thank you developers))))
    Campaign 10/10
    Networking 8/10 (all cool, but a long pumping gunsXD) Zombies
    Campaign 10/10
    Networking 8/10 (all cool, but a long pumping gunsXD)
    Zombies 10/10(not many maps, but waiting for more)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  59. Nov 15, 2020
    it has a gray morale, unlike mw2019, so I will put a rating of 8 only for it.
  60. Dec 30, 2020
    Seriously its one of the best Call of Duty storyline that they made.
    It was kinda short but still i really enjoyed playing the campaign mode on one breath!
    Thats how the game intrigued me! About multiplayer : it's a little not done. Short on maps and gear but the gameplay tho is fast paced very great looking and works real great! Im sure they will add more maps and more content to the
    Seriously its one of the best Call of Duty storyline that they made.
    Thats how the game intrigued me!
    About multiplayer : it's a little not done. Short on maps and gear but the gameplay tho is fast paced very great looking and works real great! Im sure they will add more maps and more content to the multiplayer universe.
    Im playing Cold War and Moder warfare (2019) multiplayer all the time and enjoy them both equally.
  61. Nov 26, 2020
    Graphics: 9/10
    The graphics are among some of the best we've seen this year. I can only imagine what it looks like on the next-gen systems
    Narrative: 8/10 The campaign was short but exciting & effective. I had a lot of fun playing through it. The final mission alone might be worth the price of admission. Gameplay: 8/10 There's nothing groundbreaking here, it's pretty much your
    Graphics: 9/10

Narrative: 8/10

Gameplay: 8/10
    There's nothing groundbreaking here, it's pretty much your standard Call of Duty gameplay. But it works just as it has for the past 10+ years and makes for a satisfying FPS experience

Online/Zombies: 7/10
    i should start by saying I'm not the biggest fan of zombie game modes, but I will admit that this one was pretty fun. The multiplayer aspect shows some improvements from previous titles and is pretty entertaining as well. One gripe that I have is that there are some really sh*tty maps that get old very fast.

Overall Score 7.7/10
  62. Nov 15, 2020
    I play Call of Duty for zombies so that's my bias. The campaign is pretty good, dare I say one of the best campaigns I've played from COD, the multiplayer is pretty much what you expect. Another COD multiplayer. None of them are particularly outstanding, not even the latest modern warfare. The zombies is incredible. I have played every zombies since BO1 and this has some huge potential.I play Call of Duty for zombies so that's my bias. The campaign is pretty good, dare I say one of the best campaigns I've played from COD, the multiplayer is pretty much what you expect. Another COD multiplayer. None of them are particularly outstanding, not even the latest modern warfare. The zombies is incredible. I have played every zombies since BO1 and this has some huge potential. There's finally more to the game then just go get a box weapon, pack it, get your perks and do the easter egg. You have to think about prioritizing kill streaks vs armor, paying to start trials vs buying a couple box weapons every round. You are actually challenged to think about your strategy and trust your team to help you. If you don't have a good team, good luck winning in zombies. The rest of the game I feel is about a six or seven, COD doesn't get me excited anymore, they're just generic shooters and this is done as well as any other imo. The zombies is easily a 9.5 for me, ias soon as we get more maps that goes up to a 10. I do think this might be my favorite zombies experience to date, packaged with a somewhat normal multiplayer shooter and decent campaign. Expand
  63. Nov 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es un juego bastante entretenido y mejor en muchos aspectos que sus anteriores entregas como el hecho de jugar a 60 de ms con el skill base match making... Es hermoso poder jugar tan bien. Expand
  64. Nov 27, 2020
    This is gonna be my honest review of the game, i been playing since release, lvl 100 prestige 3, this game has been fun, i have not enjoyed a cod game since bo2, zombies has been really really good, zombies hasn't been good since bo2 thats just me, the campaign so far for me has been a let down it was too short, i understand the frustration with this game being sweaty etc, it is i willThis is gonna be my honest review of the game, i been playing since release, lvl 100 prestige 3, this game has been fun, i have not enjoyed a cod game since bo2, zombies has been really really good, zombies hasn't been good since bo2 thats just me, the campaign so far for me has been a let down it was too short, i understand the frustration with this game being sweaty etc, it is i will admit, the downside for this game is....the maps, theres only 2 maps i enjoy out of the 8 maps that came with the game at launch Expand
  65. Jan 9, 2021
    Best COD in 8 years... The Story of campaign and zombies is so good. The multiplayer, it's fantastic!!!
  66. Nov 21, 2020
    this game is 100% worth 60€ it is so good, multiplayer is fun campaign is amazing, zombies are fresh
  67. Dec 5, 2020
    Great game great to see call of duty at it's best boots on the ground way better then that black ops 2 & 3 was ok
  68. Nov 17, 2020
    This game brought perfection to the call of duty series, zombies is fun and casual, multiplayer is fun as hell, and the campaign is interesting, hope you found this helpful.
  69. Nov 17, 2020
    This game is not perfect by any means but it is no where near as bad as people on here make it out to be. For starters, it is 100% certainly without a doubt better than Modern Warfare. Let me explain why
    The GOOD
    - Minimap: There is a minimap, crazy enough this isn't a gimme these days - Gunplay: the guns are fun to use and there is 20 at launch with new unlockables coming each season,
    The GOOD
    - Minimap: There is a minimap, crazy enough this isn't a gimme these days
    - Gunplay: the guns are fun to use and there is 20 at launch with new unlockables coming each season, as well as one unlockable currently in the "pre-season"
    - Balancing: the game is already balanced well with the exception of a couple things that will likely be tweaked within the first patch (ex. Field Mics, MP5, M16)
    - Menu music: Small detail not many care about but it is easily the best menu music of any COD
    - UI: Excellent user interface that showcases in-depth weapon stats including ADS speed, Sprint to fire time, damage dealt at each range, and tons of other stats for each weapon like never before seen in any COD
    - Challenges / Camos: Excellent way of organizing and showcasing challenges, giving the player something to be working towards in terms of a better camo unlock system, including a variety of camos that are obtainable, also an addition of zombies challenges that provide zombie gold, zombie diamond, and zombie dark matter camos
    - Customization: tons of options for attachments, gunsmith is back but better than ever, wildcards that affect perks, attachments, secondaries and lethals
    - Combined Arms: an easy laid back game mode that is made to chill and drink a beer with friends without the worry of SBMM

The BAD - al
    - Lack of Maps: Only 8 maps and 2-3 are bad: Satellite, Armada and Miami although I particularly don't mind Miami but most dislike it. COD is now focusing on providing a continuous product. If you buy this game, it's not a finished product but more like an updated monthly service. Treyarch has announced 3-5 new maps will be coming in Season 1 (December 10)
    Lack of 6v6 modes: could use more traditional 6v6 modes, no Capture the Flag, Headquarters, and many other respawnable 6v6 modes, also no Ground War (Contains TDM, Dom, Hardpoint, KC, and FFA as the only respawnable 6v6 modes)
    Snipers: A lot will fight me on this but the snipers need to be nerfed, maybe not them themselves but there is an attachment that lowers the ADS time to be on par with some assault rifles, which is ridiculous. Snipers can also use attachments which remove their flinch. Both these attachments are broken
    - Fireteam Dirty Bomb: it's bad and confusing, just trying to be like fortnite multiplayer mode, just strange
    - Leaderboards: Glitched and not available currently
    - Poor Mid Tier Scorestreaks: Most mid tier scorestreaks feel weak. Sentry turret is easily destroyed, napalm fire doesn't stay on ground, Artillery is a small radius of bomb
    - Bullet velocity: stronger than any COD before, all attachments for all weapons, especially SMG's must use any attachment that improves bullet velocity

The UGLY - not fixable, here to stay
    - Leveling: Confusing, odd, better than Modern Warfare, why can't we just have normal prestige? Apparently there are two seperate levels, season level and rank level? Little info online to find on the subject, some youtubers even suggest their level is glitched because it shows two different levels after prestiging, no one seems to understand how the leveling works once you enter prestige
    - SBMM: By far the worst part of the game, this game seeks to keep everyone's KD and Win/Loss between 0.75-1.25. It's most certainly possible to get out of this range, but it will put you into a much more difficult lobby, the higher your K/D and W/L. Sucks to play with friends with higher stats than you because it is certainly noticeable. One friend with a 2.5 K/D, i can't play with because I struggle to go positive each game but if I play with another friend with a 0.8 K/D, I finish each game on the top of the leaderboards. Very noticeable
    - Scorestreak System: Awful, no killstreaks, no scorestreaks. Rather everyone utilizes killstreaks through death though with a multiplier the bigger the streak. Unfortunately, the end of the game turns into everyone calling in streaks the same time. If you fall behind in Dom, Hardpoint, or other objective game modes you won't get your streaks to try to come back until the game is already decided. No one even knows how the multiplier works
    - Map Design: some of the maps are pretty bad, Satellite, Miami, Armada. They flow pretty bad and are way to open, encouraging snipers, campers, and slow gameplay. Please give us normal 3 lane maps
    - Shotgun secondaries: speaks for itself, these should not be secondaries and everyone uses them. No more running up on snipers, everyone has a shotgun
  70. Feb 7, 2021
    I like Cod Cold War a great deal. It's not perfect, but for me, it deserves a solid B grade.

It has excellent mechanics for a first-person shooter, playing much faster and sharper than just about anything else out there. It has excellent graphics, and the style, look and storyline are some of the best I've experienced in COD in years. The campaign is the best of any of the Call of

The campaign is the best of any of the Call of Duty or Battlefield games I've played since Black Ops 1. The story is somewhat interesting, the characters are cool, and the weapons and mechanics are strong. The levels are still linear, though more complex and involved than many of the past iterations of these COD games.

Multiplayer is the bread and butter here and this game does it exceptionally well. The gun mechanics are crisp and snappy, and they look authentic. Gameplay mechanics are excellent and fast. Other shooters feel sluggish by comparison. You have a wealth of gun attachments to choose from, and the interface actually tells you how each attachment changes the stats of your gun specifically. If you enjoy playing fast, you can increase your sprint speed, sprint-out speed, aim-down-sight time and movement speed noticeably. If you're a defensive-wiz or a sniper, you can kit out for accuracy and precision, while sacrificing your mobility.

There's also a solid set of maps to choose from, with variety in their layouts--Nuketown, Mall, Sanatorium, Checkmate and Raid are my personal favorites. The maps are generally more straight-forward than Cod Modern Warfare--as your not able to use verticality nearly as much--but they're still enjoyable.

I generally stick to Domination, Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint, and enjoy Nuketown so much that most of my time is spent on the mode Nuketown 24/7. However, there are multiple other enjoyable multiplayer modes--Fireteam, VIP Escort and Control are all a lot of fun, and all very different from your typical deathmatch-style fight.

I don't play zombies very much, but it seemed cool when I tried it and I know a lot of people really love this side of multiplayer.

You're also able to track your progress and stats with a wealth of information in the barracks tab. And you can generally enjoy multiplayer without ever having to buy anything besides the seasons pass. There's bragging-rights incentives, as you can earn various banners and emblems by completing challenges.

Now to the downsides.

1. Skill-based matchmaking. Enough people complain about this that I feel I don't need to spend too much time on it. I don't hate it as much as many do, however, I do yearn to go back to a world where I can play casually, and not have to exhaust myself with sweaty-level effort every time I enter a match.

2. The variety in weapons. The list of guns is fewer than Cod Mw, and so many work almost identically to one another. The constant nerfing/buffing adjustments in the updaes results in a tepid mix of firearms, eliminating the meta, but also the interesting mix of strategies that players will employ when faced with a set of very different tools. Often the guns they buff aren't bad at all, they just require more-skilled players to use effectively. And by making them easier to use, and more like the other weapons, you're removing one of the most enjoyable parts of this mode--mastering certain weapons and certain play styles.

3. The scoring isn't great. Often, you'll play the objective far more than anyone else--say doubling or tripling the next guy on your teams' time in hardpoint only to finish in 4th place.

Overall, it's a very good shooter with a B- campaign and a B+ multiplayer experience. It could use some more weapon variety to keep the game interesting, but it's definitely worth picking up.
  71. Jan 20, 2021
    The zombies and the campaing are really great, the multiplayer not that good but in generl i´ve enjoyed it a lot
  72. Nov 15, 2020
    I think that this is the best CoD in the past 4 years. Also, I think we are lucky we got a CoD this year. So people who gave it 1 to 3-star reviews, at least change it to a 4 or 5 because they tried to do their best and I think this was great. keep up the amazing work Treyarch. The campaign is 10/10 multiplayer I have not played it much but so far so good, 8.5/10. Now zombies is with allI think that this is the best CoD in the past 4 years. Also, I think we are lucky we got a CoD this year. So people who gave it 1 to 3-star reviews, at least change it to a 4 or 5 because they tried to do their best and I think this was great. keep up the amazing work Treyarch. The campaign is 10/10 multiplayer I have not played it much but so far so good, 8.5/10. Now zombies is with all caps, AMAZING is at its best since bo3, 9.5/10. Expand
  73. Nov 14, 2020
    Personally i really enjoyed this game
    Yeah the game feels a bit empty of content but the campaign is wonderful multiplayer is good and zombies are excellent
  74. Nov 15, 2020
    Was not going to purchase this game because all of the negative feedback and comments i have seen on this game.
    But a little part of me liked Warzone so much i wanted to give the Dirty Bomb game mode a try.
    I can say this is actually a good game. Rirty Bomb mode is just like warzone but the games last linger than plunder wwhich is a good thing and multiplayer has some decent maps (and a
    I can say this is actually a good game.
    Rirty Bomb mode is just like warzone but the games last linger than plunder wwhich is a good thing and multiplayer has some decent maps (and a few bad maps but might get used tocthem).
    New escort vip modenwhich is also decent.
    So far am enjoying them game alot
  75. Nov 15, 2020
    Awesome campaign, solid zombie mode and good multiplayer. Yes, this game is not perfect, but it's best cod since bo2.
  76. Nov 15, 2020
    Better than gaynite loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
  77. Nov 15, 2020
    CAMPAIGN: This is amazing, I actually enjoy this game so much. The campaign is incredibly interesting, fighting communists all throughout the world pursuing the mysterious Perseus. The gun play feels great, typical Call-Of-Duty type gun play, and the mission structure is amazing! Now, there are collectibles in the mission, which allow you to unlock new side missions, which can influenceCAMPAIGN: This is amazing, I actually enjoy this game so much. The campaign is incredibly interesting, fighting communists all throughout the world pursuing the mysterious Perseus. The gun play feels great, typical Call-Of-Duty type gun play, and the mission structure is amazing! Now, there are collectibles in the mission, which allow you to unlock new side missions, which can influence how different events occur, and change how the game ends. The graphics are insane, amazing explosions and structure destruction. The only issue I have is the dead bodies have no dismemberment or bullet holes after being shot, but that is fine when the gunplay makes up for it. This campaign is incredibly memorable, and I love it. Much better than any of the previous games such as WWII, and arguably better than the new Modern Warfare as well. They also removed that useless weapon mounting option, thank goodness!

MULTIPLAYER: The gun play, shooting, and map design is typical call of duty, but what is special, is the large-scale battle maps where you can commandeer tanks, mortar, bikes, snowmobiles, and other vehicles. This gives it a more battlefield vibe, and it works perfectly. Amazing gun play, gun sound effects and the overall feeling is great. The execution animations are a little long, but its amazing!

ZOMBIES: This zombies is less outrageous, and more based upon the scare factor, like the old Call of Duty games. Maps aren't as extravagant, and you will find yourself in dark hallways every once in a while, but its definitely good. This zombies depends upon whether you enjoyed the COD BO3 type of Zombies, or the old school nostalgic COD World at War zombies mode. Overall, buy this game. Its actually one of the best Call of Dutys I have ever played.
  78. Nov 15, 2020
    Love the game but I wish you could play all multiplayer game modes against bots on split-screen like you could in previous cods.
  79. Nov 16, 2020
    I don't know why this game is rated so poorly by people, this is an exceptional COD game and I think it is an extremely good game, and I've played every COD since BO1 (with the exception of IW and AW) and trust me, this is high quality gameplay.
    The exclusives for PlayStation really aren't worth complaining over, it's to be expected, and the XP boost is really not a big deal. (oh yeah and I play on PC so you know I'm not just sucking up to PlayStation)

Zombies is by far some of the most fun I've had since BO3 zombies, which is to say it's great, albeit the initial bugs are rough and numbers could use tweaking with the armor system drop rates in late rounds.
    (soloing the Easter egg was tough but I beat it and trust me, it's worth a try for any zombies enthusiast. I absolutely loved multiplayer. Though the game is currently lacking maps, that will probably be fulfilled soon. I also immediately fell in love with sniping in this game, and many other guns run great as well, and balancing can be fixed if one or two guns are too strong or too weak, but I think every weapon has its own strength, and adding the opportunity for everyone to have a shotgun is actually pretty fair and offers everyone the same capabilities in close range. Overall I think the movement feels great and plays similar to BO3 but with a new faster sprint in place of jumping high with jetpacks. Right now, my only complaints are that leveling up is insanely slow on weapons, there are only a few maps (which can be good because you only have to learn a few at a time), and the amount of bugs still in game, but all of these things will likely change or improve over time with new season releases and everyone working to point out bugs. Overall, this game is probably just rated bad like every other game was because everyone has the "new COD bad" mindset every year. It's like how everyone said shadows of evil was a bad map at BO3's launch, but now almost any avid zombies player would have said its easily A tier or S tier. I love this game and it feels nostalgic while also feeling like a new COD.
  80. Nov 16, 2020
    Very enjoyable and fun. Does what the original black ops did but even better
  81. Nov 16, 2020
    Amazing!
    Multiplayer: the gameplay feels very smooth and the maps are mostly great with exceptions of checkmate, garrison and Miami. The guns are mostly well balanced and the camos are sick. there is a lot of lag though and the ak-47 needs to be nerfed or the game is gonna get really annoying.
    Amazing!
    Campaign: Great story and the inclusion of multiple endings is what the game really needed and having the choice to create a character whos name for some reason is bell which is a f****** stupid name for a character. The story is not as good as MW2019 or BO1-BO2 but is a improvement on BO3s **** show.
    Zombies: best part of the game by far and i am very exited for the extra DLC maps coming forward, the guns and story are great and it has really improved from BO4 and its lesser zombies.

Overall the game is an upgrade to MW and i am very exited to see where they take the game forward.
  82. Nov 16, 2020
    Muy bueno, algunos fallos visuales pero totalmente arreglables. Se siente muy bien la influencia de treyarch y su esencia Black Ops. Muy buenos zombies y campaña, y el multijugador a pesar de ser criticado también me parece bueno y con un potencial increíble si le siguen añadiendo contenido, es muy frenético, todo lo contrario al Modern Warfare dónde estaba lleno de camperos y el juego eraMuy bueno, algunos fallos visuales pero totalmente arreglables. Se siente muy bien la influencia de treyarch y su esencia Black Ops. Muy buenos zombies y campaña, y el multijugador a pesar de ser criticado también me parece bueno y con un potencial increíble si le siguen añadiendo contenido, es muy frenético, todo lo contrario al Modern Warfare dónde estaba lleno de camperos y el juego era más lento. Expand
  83. Nov 16, 2020
    Clearly a work in progress at release, but it has the groundwork for a game that will improve greatly over time. It's fun right now and will hopefully get way better by the spring with new maps and patches.
  84. Nov 16, 2020
    Campaign: Excellent missions, beautiful scenarios, lots of unique choices that unwrap on a mind bending story that could have surpassed BO1, if it wasn't for the fact that it's underwhelmingly short. In just 9 missions Cold War manages to tell a great story that ends too damn early. Just when you're getting invested in it, it begins to close. The decisions you make, while they can changeCampaign: Excellent missions, beautiful scenarios, lots of unique choices that unwrap on a mind bending story that could have surpassed BO1, if it wasn't for the fact that it's underwhelmingly short. In just 9 missions Cold War manages to tell a great story that ends too damn early. Just when you're getting invested in it, it begins to close. The decisions you make, while they can change the course of the mission, have no significant impact on the endings. There's a lots of useless or unnecesary content, like the side missions, or the briefings that feels like they put their time in for nothing, instead of making the story a bit longer.

Points: 8.4
    It could have been a masterpiece, but it was rushed.

Multiplayer: Gameplay isn't as crisp and comlpete like other entries, and tries to find a balance between the old cod and new cod. The gun variety is a bit lower in comparison to past games, but most of the arsenal seems to be really balanced, with the exception of a couple that need adjustments. The scorestreak system is confusing, and it even feels random at times, and is not as rewarding as the old system. The classic mode maps presented in beta are as good as they were in it, but the game only adds two new maps at launch that feel liek they were made with already made assets for the sake of having more maps. Combined Arms is pretty unengaging. The players is set in a large scaled scenario to battle for objectives in teams of 12 players, with many tools at their disposal, like vehicles to travel between locations, armored ships, and turrets in key locations. The mode tries to elevate the classic multiplayer experience, however, for some reason it keeps the same basic objetctives and brings nothing new to them. The potential is there, but for some reason is not used. If the mode offered something like, to try and blow up bombs in the enemy ship, or a large scale conquer domination where a team needs to defend multiple locations around the map, and the other has to take all before time runs out, it would be a hit, but for some reason they decided to use their bigger and newer playgrounds to play the same patio games.

Points: 7.8
    Balanced and fun gameplay but leaves areas with untapped potential and lacks a LOT of content. Like, a damn lot of content.

Zombies:

Gameplay brings a new progression system that force the player to keep up with it by saving up and collecting the three currencies (points, salvage, hg salvage), to use it on anything they want out of the 14 types of object at its disposal, like a war machine, a C4 a sentry turret, a chopper gunner to annihilate massive hordes in lots of different ways, or to keep up with armor and gun damage level and perks that will save their ass. Die Maschine, is a let down from past launch maps. The place feels empty in the outside areas, and cluttered on the insides. Aesthetically, fails at developing a concept. Every other Treyarch map has a unique style and mood, whereas this one, is the first zombies map that feels like it has no personality. Maps like Shadows of Evil not only had a present and flashy aesthetic, but also pushed the inmmersion to its limits by making a unique HUD, custom perk jingles, made up brands and locations. Die Maschine is torn up between being, a WW2 abandoned experiment bunker, a nuclear fallout, and an abanoned crash site, and every style is half way achieved and divided heavily in the areas of the map. The only achievement is the Dark Aether dimension, where the map turns into this psychodelic and magic light show that looks amazing, but the mode is only available for a minute and a half every now and then, and brings nothing to the gameplay. The new crafting system also deprives the map from having its own traps and equipment to push its narrative. The Wonder Weapon has a nice concepts but fails at being damage effective, and on top of that, the different upgrades bring nothing new and feel generic. The main easter egg quest is extremely short, unengaging, and fails at telling a compelling story to the events of the map, and instead just goes through random bits of storytelling that can't form a consistent storyline. The Boss zombie, is not dangerous at all and brings no challenge to the player, but instead is an annoying projectile launching bullet sponge that after being killed decides to split in two faster and more annoying versions of the iteself. You can also purchease a random that challenge that rewards the player depending on how well they did, however, the rewards are most of the time neither worth the challenge, nor the price. The only thing that saves this empty mess, is its layout, since it has very fun and unique areas to play in, where you can climb up and down on the crashed plain parts, run around in open and empty areas, or enter more tight areas surrounded by resources.

Points: 8.8
    Best gameplay and innovation zombies has had in years, but the map pales in comparison to past works heavily
  85. Nov 17, 2020
    Personally I think that this Call Of Duty is alright. For me Call of Duty had been a game that I play every year and rarely play it again except for Modern Warfare, I thought that it was a step in the right direction. But this one also feels like one but with a few downgrades. Zombies is really good in my opinion, I was never a big fan of Zombies but now I can play it for hours.Personally I think that this Call Of Duty is alright. For me Call of Duty had been a game that I play every year and rarely play it again except for Modern Warfare, I thought that it was a step in the right direction. But this one also feels like one but with a few downgrades. Zombies is really good in my opinion, I was never a big fan of Zombies but now I can play it for hours. Multiplayer on the other hand is a 50/50 thing for me, It's fun but there are major balancing issues, but i'm sure they will be fixed in a future update. I think the campaign is really good, I can say that I like it more than Modern Warfare, the level designs are really good, and I feel like an agent trying to hunt down Soviet spies, and all the innovations make it a very enjoyable experience. As it currently stands, I think it is a good game, but their are a lot they need to fix, but it will be fixed just like every new game, there are problems and then they are fixed, and I hop activision fixes these problems. Expand
  86. Nov 25, 2020
    to be honest i don't think it's bad there is a youtuber in brazil that played all the cods less than ds and wii and i don't understand this game has no filter this game has more different maps than mw and if you hit me you may know that there are map copied from bf, has campers.
    it's like fast food you prefer a beautiful hamburger just that tastes awful or a hamburger that is a little less cute but tasty zombies deserve applause made a difference since better prizes for players that play better improve perks that stimulate more players to play unlimited easter eggs perks and you say it's not good what your problem is and keep crying your crying baby
    dlc's are free it's a continuation / restart it helps new players and old players to freshen up on a fuking year it makes sense dead ops is a fun game mode and they made a small map of the first zombies on a big map and that's not even 50 % there is a lot more.
    great campaign continuation pro bo1 easter eggs about activision's atari games, plottwists and choices it reminds me of bo2 so much shorter my verdict a 10 for sure
  87. Nov 19, 2020
    Game dexterity is fluid. Everything seems to be right. Just wished the story mode had more missions.
  88. Nov 21, 2020
    I’m really enjoying this game. The maps make sense and flow well. The gunplay isn’t as good as Modern Warfare, but the TTK being lower makes the fights more substantive.
  89. Nov 21, 2020
    Awesome.Who says it's bad was because it came from Modern Camperfare,i'm sure of it
  90. Nov 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. La campaña de este juego es muy adictiva y el final es muy bueno y depende de que hagas el final será distinto llegando a matar a tus propios aliados aparte que los zombis son muy buenos y me traen recuerdos de una parte del mapa de tranzit el juego tiene buenos cammos y desafíos y el multi le doy un 7.5 de 10 encuentro que es mejor que el multi que de moderna warfare Expand
  91. Nov 24, 2020
    Really enjoyed the story on this one! I haven’t been a huge fan of the Black Ops but I have really had fun in multiplayer and Zombies. Overall I am happy and pleased with how the game turned out. Just have a hard time with other players using those dam sniper rifles with quick scope.
  92. Nov 27, 2020
    Best Call of Duty since Black Ops 2.
    Zombies is back, fantastic campaign, awesome characters are back. Smooth multiplayer, great maps, good Job on this one
  93. Nov 29, 2020
    Weapons sound amazing. The game is very realistic. The only thing that is even a remote annoyance is the time-to-kill. Besides that, the game is amazing. It is very similar to Modern Warfare 2019. But, the time-to-kill can discourage campers, so that problem is solved. Honestly, you’d be crazy not to get the game. It is that good.
  94. Nov 29, 2020
    This is all coming from someone who has played very few COD games. The game excels in zombies and campaign. However, multiplayer is average at best. In game soundtrack is very good. Noticing a ton of idiots with either 1 or 10s. The game is neither.
  95. Dec 1, 2020
    The best COD game we've had after a long time! More fast-paced, better ranking system, zombies is hyping, and the Elims/death ratio is a helluva lot better than the Kill/Death ratio of Modern Warfare. No more sweating to try to kill someone only to get the assist at the end. Also can't wait for Battle Pass and League Play coming soon!!
  96. Nov 30, 2020
    I was recently brought back to cod in 2019, I loved modern warfare, but cold War hits differently. It brings me back to the days of the old cods.

I love the aesthitic of the game and the weapons are all enjoyable to shoot and play with. Campaign feels like metal gear solid 5 with the spy factor and espionage. I have the most fun in personalizing my classes to fit the aesthitic. Zombies is fun but not my main mode. Don't listen to the weebs who rate it low, they are just being butthurt that they suck without camping in tall dark buildings.
  97. Nov 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Zombies is so much fun finally! MP can be improved but the hate is just auto generated for any cod. Expand
  98. Nov 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good game. Smooth, fun to play, zombies is just amazing. Congrats Activision, you’ve made one of the best Call of Duty. Expand
  99. Nov 30, 2020
    Brilliant campaign, very replayable zombies mode and a decent start to the multiplayer mode.

Campaign is slightly on the shorter end and multiplayer could use some better maps going forward but that's nothing that can't be fixed with the large amount of free content that is planned for the games life cycle
    I'm excited to see where the game goes in the future.
  100. Nov 30, 2020
    11/10 The campaign is perfect with cool references from OG Black ops especially the Desperate Measures mission it just imerses you like you are the KGB spy.Multiplayer is solid but we should let some time it will develop.Zombies are good too can't wait to see what is next map about. And one last sentence to the new players this game

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 16, 2020
    While Cold War is a part of a series I would have said that I loved, I can’t fully embrace it now knowing that this work is trucking in harmful stereotypes via patriotic-tinged gameplay. A decent CoD multiplayer experience will likely emerge from the currently-underwhelming Cold War, but I’m going to seriously consider whether that gameplay is worth enduring (and supporting) the rest.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 14, 2020
    There’s a surprising number of changes, and most work. With an enjoyable campaign and a generous amount of online content, Cold War deserves a warm reception. [Issue#183, p.68]
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PS4 is an ever-so-slightly worse looking version of the PS5 release, but with disappointing performance. If you can ignore those shortcomings, the same game with its summer blockbuster-style campaign and classic CoD multiplayer is still here.