- Summary: Call of Duty®: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles is available now on PS4™, delivering 8 remastered classic Zombies maps from Call of Duty®: World at War, Call of Duty®: Black Ops and Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. Complete maps from the original saga are fully remastered and HD playable,Call of Duty®: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles is available now on PS4™, delivering 8 remastered classic Zombies maps from Call of Duty®: World at War, Call of Duty®: Black Ops and Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. Complete maps from the original saga are fully remastered and HD playable, within Call of Duty®: Black Ops III.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles Story Trailer
May 24, 2017I appreciate just how much effort has been put into this collection, and note that it appears that the zombies are not not just lumbering monsters as they were in the past, but move with improved AI that increases their ferocity and cunning. All up this revamp is a stunning success, and for newcomers and seasoned veterans alike, I would strongly suggest you add this pack to your arsenal of fun.
CD-ActionSep 25, 2017Hands down the best Black Ops III expansion and one of the best in the history of Call of Duty brings back classic maps (no Mob of the Dead though, which is a bummer) and lets you revive your memories online. [09/2017, p.67]
May 18, 2017While a standalone game that also offered “Extinction” (the short-lived alien variant) would be even better, Zombies Chronicles gets the job done and hits most of the high-notes the subseries has given us over the years. It’s going to be a little awkward if you sold your copy of Black Ops III, but otherwise, it’s worth booting up with some friends.
May 29, 2017Honestly this dlc brought back alot of memories and nostalgia all the maps were amazingly new and fresh they added alot of graphics and smallHonestly this dlc brought back alot of memories and nostalgia all the maps were amazingly new and fresh they added alot of graphics and small details to the game the maps could have been better but i get why they put the maps they did. I was scrolling through the reviews and all the ones who gave negative gave their score for very stupid reasons if you havent played cod from the beginning or bo1 then obviously you dont get all the nostalgia the other players got anyways amazing dlc. Great job treyarch!… Expand
Jun 20, 2017As someone deeply in love with the Call of Duty Zombies mode, and with almost 400 hours across all of the zombies maps in all of the games,As someone deeply in love with the Call of Duty Zombies mode, and with almost 400 hours across all of the zombies maps in all of the games, this is the perfect dlc pack. At $30 for 8 fantastic zombies maps, this is a steal as in the past, it was $15 per map. Now it's less than $4 a map! Although some maps aren't some people's favorites, they all bring back the nostalgia of the old days while bringing in some new flavor with gobblegums and Black Ops 3's other mechanics. There is enough variety in the 8 maps to appeal to all players. From the simplest map Nacht Der Untoten to the fan favorite Kino Der Toten to the complex, yet rewarding map Origins.
If you are thinking about buying this dlc, you need to know which group you belong to so you can make the best decision. If you are a casual zombies player who has maybe played a couple maps here and there, or never played one at all, you should probably wait to buy this dlc. As $30 is a somewhat steep price for some people, try to borrow black ops 1/world at war from a friend or rent it as the maps from those games make up 7/8 of the maps in the dlc. You should play them for at least a couple hours solo and with some friends to get an idea of what zombies is all about. If you weren't a big fan try some different maps, but it still might not be for you. It may take a little time to really get into it, but once you do, you will be satisfied to be apart of the zombies community.
If you are more of a moderate player and have played some maps multiple times and really enjoy the gameplay, or just want to experience why many people love the zombies mode, you should get this dlc. Even if you still aren't that skilled yet, most of the maps are simple enough where you can just open some doors, grab a gun and kill zombies. I would recommend Kino Der Toten as a map to practice honing in basic zombies skills like maximizing points, training, perks, and just becoming better at the game.
If you are a hardcore fan of zombies like I am, well, you probably bought the dlc already. If you have only played the Black Ops 3 maps and maybe aren't really a big fan of long, tedious tasks and just want to kill some zombies, you should buy this dlc. If you were a fan of the Black Ops 3 maps, however, i would still recommend the dlc as you still get a map like Origins which was the building block for most of the Black Ops 3 zombies maps, and in my opinion, Origins is still the best zombies map ever made.
Once again, this is the perfect dlc for someone like me who has played and thoroughly enjoyed all of the Treyarch zombies maps. It might not appeal to everyone, but I still think everyone should give it a try. Look online for guides and reviews for each map individually for a better idea of what your getting. Hope to see you all on the battlefield. Wait, is that the wrong game?… Expand
Jul 29, 2018The one thing that will always take me back and make me Call of Duty again is the Zombies mode that is offered (by treyarch particularly).The one thing that will always take me back and make me Call of Duty again is the Zombies mode that is offered (by treyarch particularly). This DLC was created for the fans who have been with the popular game mode since World at War, and I’m here to say it does not disappoint. Your in for a treat!!… Expand
Oct 12, 2017Black ops 3 is a very controversial game from the reviews half people like the game and are thankful on how the game was made and some reallyBlack ops 3 is a very controversial game from the reviews half people like the game and are thankful on how the game was made and some really dislike where trey arch the company that makes black ops saga in which direction there heading the game into as in their opinion it is very futuristic and unreal as you can “fly” which in real life is not real most of the people who say this is most of the time the older generation in my opinion in some cases I agree to an extent the jumping is not realistic and sometimes annoying but if the game was the same every time there is no suspense and enjoyment at this point I like black ops 3 as their zombies is so fun and exciting my level is prestige 5 level 35 zombies is very interesting the purpose of this game mode is to kill zombies mainly making it fun as you get or try to get to a high round. This is very enjoyable as it tests you and your online friends what round they can survive to making it interesting the downfall of this game mode is weapons being weakened even after pack a punch making certain guns useless and making the rounds harder it could make the game better by making players tense and making it way more enjoyable but it is also sometimes annoying when a gun you have pack a punched is fundamentally useless what I also don’t like is lag it might not be trey arch but when the host of the game lags out every one of your teammates lag out but when a non-host lags out nothing happens which is inconvenient… Expand
May 18, 2017As a fan of the long running Call of Duty Zombies series, it was a pleasant surprise to hear that the original maps featuring the group of 935As a fan of the long running Call of Duty Zombies series, it was a pleasant surprise to hear that the original maps featuring the group of 935 (eight in all) would be getting a remastered. I really liked the maps that featured them and the hundreds of hours, all-nighters and good times I would spend soloing or with friends is still something I take to heart whenever I plastered a zombie skull with bullets. With Zombie Chronicles, there is indeed some carnage still to be had, but not quite the same. Let's start with the pros I can give the DLC first.
1) The HD update to the maps look very nice. I know COD has often been flakked by the community and onlookers for using crap textures and poor graphics, but I do generally like the redux vision of the originals so that mixing with Black Ops 3's style makes the terrain more interesting.
2) The zombie models fit the maps and their movements, noises and death cries are quite chilling and still as intimidating as ever. I appreciate even more the use of the original models (especially in Nacht Der Untoten).
3) Of the eight, I can say three are great and three are good. Nacht Der Untoten, Kino Der Toten and Origins are the best of the 8 and I can say in confidence that those will be the most played of them as well. Ascension, Shi No Numa and Moon are good as well but not as well thought out this time around.
4) The inclusion of gobblegum, Wunderfizz and custom classes really flesh out the diversity of builds and makes combat have many more options. I was initially skeptical of the idea, but it has grown on me and I really do like it. Expect to get to much higher rounds this time as well.
Now despite my praises, there are some problems with the pack as well.
1) Lack of cutscenes. If Black Ops 3 zombies have cutscenes of the group, then adding cutscenes to the originals seem like a no brainer. Unfortunately, COD slams the door of that idea in the face and only adds the original loading screens (with the exception of Origins and Nacht Der Untoten) in and not a pre-rendered cutscene that displays the graphical hike from the original. I know the story doesn't matter in zombies, but establishing some sort of beginning scene can at least give the player some goal beyond killing the undead.
2) The recycling of dialogue is very tiresome. I love Tank and his swearing, Nikolai and his love for vodka, Takeo and his Japanese philosophical expressions and Richtofen's insanity, but not only is it the original lines reused, but someone made the genius decision to repeat the newer dialogue pieces far too much to make have good banter done right. It feels like a half-measure taken that could have brought out far more banter and new lines that interact well with the situation.
3) Despite six of the eight maps being good on their own, two manage to sneak in and absolutely anger me. Verruckt and Shangri-La are cool concepts that were executed poorly on the player and it really brings down the overall package. You can argue that they aren't bad per se, but as a COD zombie player since 2008, I know crap when I see it, and both are no different.
4) Though it is a small gripe, I still feel the need to hammer away on the fact that the easter egg music in this has been dramatically toned down in terms of volume when killing the hordes on screen. The music plays far less powerfully than the original entries did. I know not many care, but I like Kevin Sherwood and Elena Siegman's work. The music mirrors the insanity of the mode and has some really good screamo/hevay metal thrown into make the mood better. Having loud zombies and not hear more of my favorite screaming lady really irks me.
5) The price is a bit concerning. At $30 dollars, it roughly equates each map to be almost $4 a piece. I would say (based on the two bad ones and what was rounded towards that estimated amount per map) that if it was released at $20 instead then it would be more forgiving. Nostalgia might be my calling for the maps, but I'm not blind that it's overpriced. Thankfully it is not $60, however it still feels a bit too much even for my taste.
Zombie Chronicles is a good DLC pack that includes enough variety and carnage to keep fans of the mode happy and relive the good old of zombies. I feel that more fans of the mode will buy it than those more interested in the competitive multiplayer. If you like or love COD zombies then I would recommend getting this. If you are not a fan or interested in zombies, you probably will hold off or not bother. It feels a bit unfinished and not well-polished, but in the cranium of a person who wants cathartic and stupid fun by killing loads of zombies it's probably not that big of deal.… Expand