Jul 11, 2016Carmageddon remains an unique game, worthy of your attention even if you weren’t there when the original one came out. It may be graphically not excellent, but Max Damage is full of modes, has a long campaign, three difficulty levels and a really working online mode. If you want to have fun in front of your tv without complications, although a few slow loadings may turn your nose up, Max Damage will surely do.
Mixed or average reviews- based on 60 Ratings
Jul 8, 2016love the game,i never played before so... i took the game for the ps4 and so far im loving it,its a must buy forlove the game,i never played before so... i took the game for the ps4 and so far im loving it,its a must buy for sure....................................… Full Review »
Jul 10, 2016I loved the original Carmageddons and this is still exactly the same fun even after all those years. Graphics looks old though. Handling isI loved the original Carmageddons and this is still exactly the same fun even after all those years. Graphics looks old though. Handling is exactly same like in original version, so I am very much used to it. I don't agree with people saying that handling makes this unplayable. I only had one fps drop in 20 hours of playing when there were all opponents and herd of 50 cows on screen.… Full Review »
Jul 11, 2016This game had a hell of a lot of potential, especially for an under utilised genre like 'arcade racers'.
Whilst this game isn't a completeThis game had a hell of a lot of potential, especially for an under utilised genre like 'arcade racers'.
Whilst this game isn't a complete failure it has many crippling flaws, some of which made is unplayable for me.
- The handling is dreadful. A game about crashing into things relentlessly punishes you for doing so as you spend the majority of your time reversing and spinning out every time you turn a corner. Some might defend it as realistic, but even if that's the case it feels at odds with a chaotic, unrealistic game.
- The AI is hilariously bad. Most races fall down to the AI themselves struggling with the handling and spinning in circles or pushing you like a forklift locking you in position until they stop.
- The graphics are very sub par, with muddy textures and constant pop in. Not game breaking but still underwhelming for a 2016 game.
- The carnage is really fun when it works. The power ups and unlockable cars keep things fresh and entertaining.
- Multiplayer brings this game to life, and is much more fulfilling than playing solo.
I'm sorry, but if you take off the nostalgia goggles like I did, this isn't a good game. As fans of the series we deserve better than this mediocre outing.… Full Review »