5.7

1. Jul 11, 2016
    This game had a hell of a lot of potential, especially for an under utilised genre like 'arcade racers'.
    Whilst this game isn't a complete failure it has many crippling flaws, some of which made is unplayable for me.
    Cons: - The handling is dreadful. A game about crashing into things relentlessly punishes you for doing so as you spend the majority of your time reversing and spinning

Cons:
    - The handling is dreadful. A game about crashing into things relentlessly punishes you for doing so as you spend the majority of your time reversing and spinning out every time you turn a corner. Some might defend it as realistic, but even if that's the case it feels at odds with a chaotic, unrealistic game.
    - The AI is hilariously bad. Most races fall down to the AI themselves struggling with the handling and spinning in circles or pushing you like a forklift locking you in position until they stop.
    - The graphics are very sub par, with muddy textures and constant pop in. Not game breaking but still underwhelming for a 2016 game.

Pros:
    - The carnage is really fun when it works. The power ups and unlockable cars keep things fresh and entertaining.
    - Multiplayer brings this game to life, and is much more fulfilling than playing solo.

I'm sorry, but if you take off the nostalgia goggles like I did, this isn't a good game. As fans of the series we deserve better than this mediocre outing.
  2. Jul 26, 2016
    If I could give this a minus 10 I would, but I can't so I wont
    The problem with this game is taht my AMD 8350 Black overheats all the time because basically it is a potato
    I have a Sapphire 280X which over heats too, when I was in nam it was hot there too The reason the game is so bad is I can't drive very well, I use a Microsoft Sidewinder I have over 300 hours in this game and it's
    If I could give this a minus 10 I would, but I can't so I wont
    I have over 300 hours in this game and it's still bad

3. Jul 8, 2016
    Stainless Games en lugar de pulir los defectos del título original ha decidido dar a los jugadores "el título de su infancia", a coste de regalarnos un juego malo y pobre en todos sus aspectos.
    El concepto esta bien, y cuando 1 de cada 10 veces esto funciona resulta un título entretenido, pero con este control y escasa variedad me es muy difícil recomendar algo así. Si en futuros parches se mejora el control o se añade algún modo de juego, puede que el título sea redimible. Pero tal como esta, no lo puedo recomendar a nadie.
  4. Jul 8, 2016
    Terrible car handling (so bad it's unplayable), over long load times, frustrating A.I, bad frame rate, abysmal graphics, physics suck, menus are uninspiring. To unlock most things in the game you need points except the thing is you also need points to repair your car, this wouldn't be a problem if you could do this when you wanted however if you don't constantly repair your car your stuckTerrible car handling (so bad it's unplayable), over long load times, frustrating A.I, bad frame rate, abysmal graphics, physics suck, menus are uninspiring. To unlock most things in the game you need points except the thing is you also need points to repair your car, this wouldn't be a problem if you could do this when you wanted however if you don't constantly repair your car your stuck with a big message across the screen telling you to do so.

Seriously I was so excited to play this as there's not been anything good out for a few weeks but after playing it for a few hours I literally just couldn't take it anymore. I appreciate its a budget game and I can let most of it slide but the handling of the cars is so bad it's like a brick on ice most of the time. It made me rage so much I've traded it in already. The trailers and all the developer videos make it look so cool but honestly don't believe the lies they don't deserve any of our hard earned money and the game is a massive waste of the earths resources and an embarrassment.
  5. Jul 26, 2016
    Bad game is bad, devs are bad, gameplay is bad, graphics are bad, everything about this game is just bad, bad is bad but thi sis just really bad, so bad it's beyond bad
  6. Sep 16, 2019
    no buy, progress in this game is tedious, on top of looking like garbage. only the cover looks sorta interesting, to me at least

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Sep 17, 2016
    Subtract the long expired controversy and what you get is an old game that has almost nothing to offer to contemporary players. [09/2016, p.63]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 24, 2016
    Any good racer offers either a sense of speed or a sense of control, but Carmageddon fails to provide either. [October 2016, p78]
  3. Aug 18, 2016
    Carmageddon: Max Damage try to live with the old good days, but that's not always a choice. We expect something more from this reboot.