5.7

1. Aug 24, 2016
    Very good oldschool carmageddon game with a suprising amount of challange. It plays a bit like twisted metal but you run over pedestrians in quite a high frequency..

Recommended for the mentally ill
  2. Sep 13, 2016
    From a time before modern videogame conventions comes a re-imagining of Carmageddon.

The game design is about as old-school as you can get - Large open areas to drive around, ridiculous cars with spikes & blades all over them, 91 different power ups that range from simple turbos to an anvil launcher & a death ray that splits vehicles in half and lots of juicy pedestrians to splatter.

Basically this is made for people who loved the originals or who know what the deal is. It's an incredibly offensive and visceral game. Graphics and sound are good, control is tricky to master but responsive. Gameplay is what this is all about, dumb fun with no objectives or any guff to worry about.

Although I loved the originals I wasn't expecting much because of mainstream reviews. I'm so glad I gave it a shot, the original creators really knew what they wanted to achieve here and I find that my play sessions are extremely long. It's the kind of compulsive gameplay that makes me feel 20 years younger, I highly recommend it to anyone with fond memories of the past games.

Thank you, Stainless Games!
  3. Aug 2, 2017
    This game rules, especially if you've played the previous three Carmageddon games. This is exactly what you expect from a Carma game.

A lot of the newcomers will probably be confused, thinking that it's a racing game. Technically, it is a race, but nobody cares about that.. You win by wrecking all the other cars or killing every single pedestrian on the map (There are a lot so that could be challenging.) Some other fun events are thrown in there as well but I love just driving around, leaving blood and death in my wake.

It's one of those rare perfect games, just like Carmageddon II was in the 90's!
  4. Jul 10, 2016
    I loved the original Carmageddons and this is still exactly the same fun even after all those years. Graphics looks old though. Handling is exactly same like in original version, so I am very much used to it. I don't agree with people saying that handling makes this unplayable. I only had one fps drop in 20 hours of playing when there were all opponents and herd of 50 cows on screen.
  5. Jul 8, 2016
    love the game,i never played before so... i took the game for the ps4 and so far im loving it,its a must buy for sure....................................
  6. Jul 10, 2016
    Absolutely love it, handling takes skill and is lovely for people who like drifting. Splatting ped's is sooo satisfying and the damage is pretty much the best available in any car related game on ps4. The car detailing is amazing aswell.

Multiplayer is a blast aswell,.and with all the crazy powerups its kinda like mario has grew up, grew a beard, made some bad choices and went full psycho.

If you like destruction derby type games with simcadey physics based handling, outrageous damage and over the top gore this game is defenitely for you!
    Even if you put the gore aside, its simple the best derby style racing game available right now.

The graphics are well acceptable, sometimes it surprises for looking really good. Sometimes it works a little less,.. as some parts of certain environments could have had a little more attention,. But like i said sometimes it suprises you in a good way. Framerate is well stable, loading times are well acceptable.

All in all,. Personally i've been waiting a long time for a good car wrecking game, nothing more or less,. If this is what you are looking for, you will probably be pleasantly surprised.
  7. Jul 24, 2016
    Brings back many good memories, a must have for the Carmageddon series lovers. This can't be compared to other racing games on the same platform because they are in a different league, this is just to wreak havoc!!
  8. Jul 14, 2016
    Tiene detalles a mejorar, pero la experiencia de juego se ha logrado como en el primer titulo de Carmageddon. Me ha gustado mucho revivir algunas de las sensaciones que vivi en aquella epoca. Me parece un buen trabajo.
  9. Feb 21, 2018
    This addition to the Carmageddon Series is one I have been waiting for since I first played the Original Carmageddon at a friends house in 04, and Max Damage met all of my expectations and them-some. I bought the game the day it came out, and 1 and a half years later, I can say it was the best 30 dollars I have ever spent.
  10. Dec 16, 2018
    Good old school Carma! It is NOT like nowaday game: Carma graphics is poor, physics is poor, nothing new etc etc. But is still is good old Carma.
  11. Jun 29, 2019
    Played this when I was a kid and it still has the old school feel wrt the handling, physics and sounds. Brings back good memories and it is a must have for the Carmageddon series freaks . This can be compared to other racing games, but this is just to wreak havoc! It is a must have.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Sep 17, 2016
    Subtract the long expired controversy and what you get is an old game that has almost nothing to offer to contemporary players. [09/2016, p.63]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 24, 2016
    Any good racer offers either a sense of speed or a sense of control, but Carmageddon fails to provide either. [October 2016, p78]
  3. Aug 18, 2016
    Carmageddon: Max Damage try to live with the old good days, but that's not always a choice. We expect something more from this reboot.