4.7

1. May 21, 2019
    Sorry but this is not the game we expected. I bought this edition because I played the original one a long time ago, but I was a bit disappointed. Unfortunately, Konami has not put all his effort into bringing forward a splendid edition, and has been limited to playing with nostalgia to sell us this game.
  2. Jun 5, 2019
    A collection of eight absolute classics! Not every one of them is a masterpiece. 'The Adventure' is actually a pretty bad game but still kind of interesting to play these days since you can see how they tried (and failed) to master the Game Boy Hardware.
    In the second Game Boy Game of the collection you can see how they succeeded.
    Most games are simply fun to play even at todays
    In the second Game Boy Game of the collection you can see how they succeeded.
    Most games are simply fun to play even at todays standards.

The emulation is nearly perfect. Everything feels, looks and sounds like back in the days.

When it comes to extras there could have been more.
    You got some Screen-Filters, an anywhere-save-option and a nice bonus book - That's it.

Overall a must buy for Castlevania Fans of the 'Pre-SOTN era'.
  3. Oct 5, 2019
    Excellent games, just as you remember them. Perfect emulation with save anytime feature.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 27, 2019
    The trilogy ends with Dracula’s Curse, which adds four playable characters and multiple routes, taking us even closer to the metroidvania approach we love. Arguably the best game in this collection, it demonstrates why director Hitoshi Akamatsu is one of the unsung heroes of the 8-bite, erm, -bit era. [Issue#164, p.96]
    Konami rightfully get criticism for not treating their old series' with respect. Castlevania Anniversary Collection does manage to rectify that. Eight fantastic classics are under one roof and, whilst the bonus content doesn't go far enough, there's some care to this that I wasn't expecting. M2's efforts have been astounding and fans should go home happy with this accurately recreated effort.
  3. Jun 4, 2019
    Technically not without fault and in terms of game selection questionable. But nonetheless this is a solid collection.