7.9

1. Sep 27, 2019
    I am having a blast with the game great character customization options liked the story and I’m really having fun building different classes
  2. Oct 8, 2019
    Code Vein has really good ideas, specially with the classes, skills, armors, and their potential mix-ups. And the new combat mechanics this game has, provide an interesting approach to the fights.
    Uses the known Souls-like formula and throw in something new and different for the players. This makes the game really interesting and fun to play. Fighting is closer to the feel you get when playing God Eater or Dynasty Warriors, so your hits lack the impact any hit on Dark Souls has. Combat is a bit clunky. But it's really enjoyable, nonetheless. The character improvement is focused around buying skills and mastering them, way more than leveling up. Being over-leveled for an area reduces the mastering rate of skills, for example.

And yes, this title is more lenient than others in the genre, if you go with a companion or play online. Not the case if you play solo. But thanks to the companion and the overall game difficulty, it's perfect for new players of the genre.

The biggest team any player can create, is a 3 people team, the host, the AI companion and a guest player. The AI is pretty competent in combat. So it can help people learning the ropes, protecting them. If you turn off your companion, only one guest can join anyways, but a 2 people team usually is enough to handle everything.

It's a blast to play even with the issues it has (issues they're fixing with patches).

Has one of the best character creators I've seen. Even when there are not so much different clothes and faces to choose from, the big amount of options at your disposal makes up for it.

The story is your generic action anime thingy, and is presented that way, with a lot of videos. It is enjoyable, and you can empathize with the characters, but there's nothing awesome about it. It is spectacular to see some scenes, I should say. It's fun, good enough. I actually expected it to be worse of what happened to be in the end. Thus, no complaints here.

The maps are bland, and close to those old styled Japanese RPGs where you could find a lava island next to an ice island, just because reasons.
    But that doesn't hinder at all the enjoyment, if you don't care that much about it, that is.
    The whole OST is pretty solid, but the combat music you hear the most is not that varied, so it might get boring in the long run.

No other company is able to provide such a world building as From Software. I think it's pretty unfair to expect that from any other Soulsborne. If other companies can deliver, it's worthy of praise, if not, it doesn't matter. And, if you care too much about it, you can play any of the From Software titles again or wait for their next title.

The animations are good, but they're not that fluid compared to other titles. And the game has some clipping and frame-drops here and there.

And clearly, Shift, the developers, had no manpower or money to do a better product than this.
    It's a decent and average game. They are the developers of God Eater 1 & 2 (and their 2015 ports to PS4). Setting the bar there, the work Shift has done here is pretty good.

Japanese voice acting is way better than English, so I would recommend to choose Japanese voices in options. And their chitchat is less annoying when traversing the world.

Info on three of the Japanese voice actresses, for anime fans (to get an idea of what you can find):

If someone has seen New Game!, Rin Murasame is voiced by the Japanese voice actress for Suzukaze Aoba, Takada Yuuki.
    And Coco's voice actress, Mori Nanako, is Kodama Miyako from Yagate Kimi ni Naru/Bloom into You.
    Same happens for Mia Karnstein's voice actress, Kayano Ai, as she is Saeki Sayaka, from that very same series.

Let's go back to the review and wrap it up.

My inner 16 year-old kid is amazed by the game. It's really fun to play, and has nu-metal music in the opening, some story videos, and in the home base. The intro song is Underworld by VAMPS. Check the opening video of the game to get a taste on how much "over the top anime" this game is.

It's like the Dragon's Dogma of the Soulsborne games. Not bad, and not even close to be a masterpiece either. Just a good or decent game. But you're always coming back for more, because it's really entertaining to play.

Might be not the best thing out there, but is undeniably fun, and it keeps me playing. That is the most important thing. Some people can find a gem where others can see just a rock. It's you who can decide what this game is. If you want to try it, there's a demo on PS4 and Xbox One.

As Fry from Futurama said: " I can't stop eating this delicious ooze."

"In the face of certain death, we rise." Code Vein.
  3. Oct 1, 2019
    Not sure what the critics are all about. I really enjoyed the game and am glad I didn't listen to reviews and gave it a shoot.

It's semi dark souls anime if you want to call it that. The character creation is top notch. The combat is fun and challenging. Sometimes easy with your acquaintances. Boss battles still dark souls esq. I'd say if you like anime and souls like games give this one

I'd say if you like anime and souls like games give this one a try. The story was entertaining.
  4. Sep 30, 2019
    This game is a pure joy. After following this game closely since it's teaser trailer in 2017, one question has been nagging at the back of my mind. "Will this game be as good as it deserves to be"? Having played through all the Soulsborne games, and loving every one of them, my primary concern was if the game-play would hold up. I loved the aesthetic of this game and that was brought intoThis game is a pure joy. After following this game closely since it's teaser trailer in 2017, one question has been nagging at the back of my mind. "Will this game be as good as it deserves to be"? Having played through all the Soulsborne games, and loving every one of them, my primary concern was if the game-play would hold up. I loved the aesthetic of this game and that was brought into full tilt when the character creator was revealed to, frankly, be the new industry standard. After spending 20 hours with this game, and with no sign of the end in sight, I was able to put most of my concerns to rest.
    I'm utterly in love with this game. I love the direction, story style, personality, concepts and artistic vision of this game. And with no signs of micro-transaction intrusion, the game looks like all of it's mechanics are allowed to function as intended. And that's where I think this game will fall short of it's contemporary peers from FromSoftware. The elephant in the room is that the combat isn't Soulsborne levels of polish. And nothing out right now is, so it's in good company. But the comparisons are levied more directly at this game because it draws so heavily on the gameplay loop that Soulsborne established.
    So is the combat that is here satisfying? That's the main question. And I can confidently say that it is, despite it's flaws. The controls are snappy to the point where your character seems to have no momentum and can feel "floaty", but that lends itself to a much more frenetic style more akin to Bloodborne. And when you find yourself in large scale fights with many enemies, this ferocious agility is allowed to really shine in ways that put the large mob fights in Dark Souls to shame. Soulsborne excels far above it's peers in 1 on 1 combat encounters with extremely tight weapon mechanics but usually falls short when more than 3 enemys come barreling at you. Code vein feels like the opposite. 1 on 1 combat usually allows the wrinkles of the mechanics to be felt more acutely but, when 4 or 5 enemies come at you and your partner, strap in for a flashy, wild combat encounter.
    The weakest points of the game I've felt so far have been the boss encounters, sadly. They certainly work and are stronger than bosses in most games but pale in comparison to the show stopping memorable fights that liter the Soulsborne series. Initially a lot of the bosses felt cheap and shoddy as my character was inflicted, continually, with status ailments repeatedly. Each boss had a different status ailment that made the fight significantly more difficult. But after digging into the decently well explained character build mechanics with it's blood codes and skill sets, I came to understand that these boss fights were trying to make me build entire class load outs specifically to counter what they threw at you. The poison boss required you to invest in poison resistance skill and poison cure skill as well as a veil with elemental resistances. The water boss would slow you and then run circles around you until you removed that debuff and build tanky to take their hits, which were very difficult to dodge. This system, once understood, allowed me to build my character out to counter these bosses and make them significantly easier and much less frustrating. If customizing your character and skills for boss encounters sounds tedious to you, however, then this will likely seem less satisfying for you.
    Outside of boss fights, the mob combat, exploration and level design reach levels of care that are as close as anyone has come to the Soulsborne games outside of FromSoftware. With spidering paths that loop back on spawn points 2 and 3 times very often, the world rewards your exploration and gives you that same feeling of finding shortcuts that I became to accustomed to. Each area is riddled with hidden paths, secret items and side bosses that I can only come away that familiar feeling that I love from these sorts of games.
    There are bugs, but they have reared their ugly head only a scant few times during my play-through such that I don't think they bear dwelling on. And with multiplayer that works at launch, I can't complain.
    With my astronomical expectations of this game, after 3 years of following it closely, I thought it would be impossible for me to come away from this experience as anything other than disappointed. It's my pleasure to tell you that, while not exceeding my high expectations, it has certainly lived up to them and even surprised me a few times. I'm very excited to see where this IP goes from here with a bit of polish put on the mechanics to get it closer to that Soulsborne level of quality. If this series is able to get a bit closer to that lofty bar with the charm and aesthetic prowess that it exudes in a sequel, then we'll have something game changing on our hands. As of now, Code Vein is an absolute delight that is able to stand as a valiant and satisfying first stab at an alternative to Dark Souls.
  5. Sep 27, 2019
    Go ahead and ignore the critic scores. You know how it is, these people play 1 hour of a game and they can hardly get past a tutorial.

My favorite game of the year yet! AMAZING!!! Combat is near flawless in my opinion. The graphics are just good enough that they don't cause any slow down (least for me) and I play on line with regular ps4. Switch between so many classes on the

My favorite game of the year yet! AMAZING!!!
    Combat is near flawless in my opinion.

Switch between so many classes on the fly, so much depth to the levels, upgrades, weapons and NPCs.
    Character creation alone is worth the price of entry! So fun!
    On-line is similar to monster hunter with distress calls-easy and fun to get a game.
    Good story, characters, settings-such a cool aesthetic.
    I'm tired from playing since I got it on pre-order, but had to get my vote in to make up for these corrupt ignorant critics.

I am not the best at souls games and I can play this, at the same time you can get a challenge too.
  6. Sep 27, 2019
    There are users complaining about the sexism of the game. That is not what you are asking to be evaluated. Do not mix.

Code Vein has the best character creation, and has good and fun gameplay, deserves to be respected.
  7. Sep 27, 2019
    Extremely fun game! Not as good as Soulsborne, but it offers unique elements of its own. The character creator and the Blood Code class systems which allows you to mix and match unique class abilities from multiple classes AFTER you have maxed and mastered a certain Blood Code is very interesting and fun. The game offers a good amount of replay value based on this alone.
  8. Sep 29, 2019
    Very good game. Well deserved have some frame drops but nothing that cant be correcet with update.
  9. Sep 28, 2019
    Decided to make an account to review this game, could not think of a good username so I just went with something related to the game. I find this game rather enjoyable. I would like to say the character creation is one of the most in depth character creation systems I seen in a game, however I didn't spend my money just for the character creation, I wanted a good game. So far I believe theDecided to make an account to review this game, could not think of a good username so I just went with something related to the game. I find this game rather enjoyable. I would like to say the character creation is one of the most in depth character creation systems I seen in a game, however I didn't spend my money just for the character creation, I wanted a good game. So far I believe the game to be fun and has a decent story, but the story its nothing to write home about. It's biggest downfall is the bugs. I experienced a few bugs when playing the game, but the biggest of which was a bug which prevented me from getting past the first bosses cut scene. Every time I killed the boss the game would crash. I was able to get past this bug buy entering the ps home screen as soon as the cut scene started. I didn't experience any bugs this bad since, but a few small and annoying ones. These bugs are the biggest reason for the score of 7, but if I didn't experience the bugs it would have been an 8. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2019
    Fun game challenging but fair if you love anime and dark souls you should play this! Hands down on of my fav games that came out late in the year but was worth the wait!
  11. Oct 1, 2019
    What a curious game this is.

Coming from the creators of the Monster Hunter rival known as "God Eater", the developers of SHIFT decided to take a stab at the subgenre that FromSOFT had cultivated through their "Souls/Bourne" games. The results are a tad messy, but no-less enjoyable. However, let's address the elephant in the room. IE, the fanservice... It's there. That's all really.
    What a curious game this is.

However, let's address the elephant in the room. IE, the fanservice... It's there. That's all really. If you've played other SHIFT titles, this isn't the first time you've seen it this blatant. My only real complaint is that the majority of said fanservice tends to lean on the garish side, but that's the artist in me rather than a complaint about the sexualization.

Gameplay obviously borrows heavily from FromSOFT's aforementioned "series", complete with gear allocation, basic combat flow, lore distribution, and an emphasis on cautious navigation and heavy exploration in tightly squeezed pathways and areas. But, that's kinda where the similarities end, as the game introduces Blood Codes and Blood Veils to act as the meat of the game.

Blood Veils, plain and simple, are special armor/coats that act as a combination of a tertiary charge attack that steals Ichor (your "skill/magic" pts) from enemies, adds additional attack and defense parameters to your overall stats, grants certain resistances and buffs, and change your parry animation and attack. Some can be used any time, while others may require certain Blood Codes to be in effect.

Which brings us to the Blood Codes themselves. These are effectively "classes", but with a few interesting twists. The first of which is that you can swap them out at any time. They alter base stats, health, resistances, stamina, and even effect the use of weapons and Blood Veils. The crux of their existence, however, is granting skills under the two catagories: passive and active. Active skills are effectively spells and techniques your character uses outside of their weapons (or sometimes, in conjunction with them) in order to buff, debuff, attack, defend, or even lay temporary traps, each of which require a cost of Ichor. Passive skills are exactly what they imply; skills that remain active as long as they are equipped, that require no Ichor cost. The second twist is how skills work. All skills normally are available only to their respective Blood Code, but utilizing a Blood Code long enough with the skills present allows the skills to become available to all Blood Codes, allowing you to use them freely with your preferred blood code. This can allow for a huge diversity of different combinations in terms of skills and Blood Code set ups that can work in a variety of different situations, or fine tune a specific favorite code to suite your playstyle. It's not as easy as just using whatever codes you find however.

At the start of the game, effectively during the tutorial area, you will receive four different Blood Codes that can be used and added to by purchasing "gifts" (Ie, the skills). They are all complete, and only require the player to gain the skills from a save point and utilize the Code long enough. Later Blood Codes, however, will come in fragments, and will require the player to find the missing pieces and put them back together, before they are able to access the more powerful skills.

These two gameplay mechanics alone warrant at least a try from any action-RPG enthusiast, as it grants a huge amount of customization options.

The game on its own merits is actually quite competently made and quite fun, but there are a few issues and nitpicks one might encounter. The first is that, during certain areas that are action intense or scenery intense, the framerate can begin to chug for a moment or two. Another issue tends to be with texture pop-in, which is thankfully seldom. A small gripe can be said about a distinct lack of variety in locals and detailing (with some few exceptions), and most places the player will explore may feel repetitive. Sound, while decently made, may have the music loud enough to drown out conversation. Finally, if you dislike character chatter constantly, it may be best to avoid playing the game with an AI partner (which, due to the unfortunate fact that they are both competent and easily act as a second life bar if you're in trouble, may not be recommended)

The story itself is a complicated mess that doesn't like to share many details upfront, but if you're willing to seek out Blood Code fragments and re-complete them, talk to the large variety of (garish) NPCs that populate the home base and the game's stomping grounds, and do a few side quests, you'll learn just a little bit more about just what the hell is going on.

All-in-all, it's a fun vampiric romp through a post-apocalyptic warzone filled with mutant ash monsters, loaded with customization options, has some neat gameplay mechanics that set itself apart from other "souls-like" games, and has fanservice enough that may cause the easily offended to shy away.
  12. Oct 18, 2019
    Level design is so bad - like a maze runner with enemies around every corner. No weight on impact. Was waiting for this game for over 2 years, omg such a let down. Could not even wait for the end, sold it and want to forget it. Biggest disappointment ever for me.
  13. Oct 2, 2019
    It's anime Bloodborne and I'm loving every minute of it. Great customization for any play style.
  14. Sep 30, 2019
    Anime Bloodborne, Its amazing. hard, scary at times, and while the plot is a little cliche, it was an easy plat, it was a fun experience, and if youre on the fence, Id say tis worth 40$ for sure. if yo like anime and challenging games, its worth the 60
  15. Oct 2, 2019
    Man people are salty! This game is great. Just because it uses the dark soul formula doesn’t mean it has to be exactly dark souls. Lots different here and it works.

Fun combat and leveling system that doesn’t lock you into 1 build.
  16. Oct 14, 2019
    This game fumbles on the gameplay sometimes, making grave mistakes that Dark Souls never did, which I will list for you now.

Its controls can be unresponsive. The camera and lock-on often is uncooperative when you need it. It starts approximately 100% of enemy encounters with a monster closet. Your stagger animation upon getting hit is a full second so you WILL be stunlocked to death if you take on more than two enemies at a time. Some enemies and bosses straight up have no windups to their attacks and/or have attacks that are literally single digit frames long requiring near clairvoyant timing to avoid. Many of the bosses have no cooldowns on their attacks at all, giving you literally no time to heal. The game doesn't know how to make bosses difficult so some of them just have arena-wide instant kills that you can't avoid or see coming because the telegraphs are either unreasonably fast or subtle. Some normal enemies have straight instant kills for some reason. The level design gets shorter and more linear as the game goes on. The AI partner is reliable but literally only feels like a crutch to compensate for all of the above, like they were aware of how BS the game can be and just decided to give you a permanent partner instead of actually fixing the game. And lastly, the game will sometimes just straight up instant kill you with literally no way to avoid it aside from prior knowledge just to laugh at your face.

Quite a few issues that a seasoned Souls veteran can see from miles away. We already got the best version of this kind of game, guys, if you're going to copy it, copy it good, how about?

However, what the game does have going for it is a compelling world, amazingly realized characters, and holy hell this music is so good. For the most part all of what I mentioned CAN be learned through and if that doesn't work there's always brute force, I guess, but I found myself going back to it every time it gave me a BS death that I didn't deserve because of all of those things. The character customization is really great, and not just in the appearance, but in the gameplay as well. Many ways to mix and match different abilities and weapons and armors to suit your playstyle perfectly, and when you find your perfect build it just feels so good to lay it into your enemies.

The game is flawed as hell, for sure, but for a brand new IP it's not a bad start, and if there are going to be any plans for one, a Code Vein 2 is definitely something I'd keep an eye out for.
  17. Oct 3, 2019
    So CODE VEIN is a funny story to begin with because as I was thinking if I should buy the game I saw some YouTube reviews and most of them either hated the game or said it’s an okay game so I gave the game a chance and after playing it I understand why people give it bad reviews its because most people didn’t even finish it and gave their reviews only by their first impressions so after ISo CODE VEIN is a funny story to begin with because as I was thinking if I should buy the game I saw some YouTube reviews and most of them either hated the game or said it’s an okay game so I gave the game a chance and after playing it I understand why people give it bad reviews its because most people didn’t even finish it and gave their reviews only by their first impressions so after I finished the whole game and almost 100% most of the maps I can give my most honest review to it

Story:
    you are a revenant in other words a vampire after waking up to the white haired girl ( yes that one) she helps you to the blood tree that grows blood fruits of sorts and after drinking it you come to your senses shortly after you are forced to go find more trees like the one you drank from by a revenant unit you meet Louis who becomes your teammate and best friend who also introduces you to the hub world and his friends

Pros:

The art style is amazing and you can really see how the unreal engine 4 just makes everything prettier

The animations are really smooth and good looking

The game is a bit difficult and it takes time to learn the attack of some enemies plus your healing potions
    barely heal you which really adds a challenge to the game

The character customization is one of the best ones I saw in a while so good that you can actually customize your character to look like other anime characters

Really deep story and a lot of character development

Your AI partner isn’t dumb at all from telling you that you are low on healing potions and to wait for him so you won’t go alone to helping you out in battle staggering enemies and even reviving you when things go bad

Every area has its own unique mobs

The bosses design is really something most of them I still remember just by how cool they look

there is some replay value i guess because there are 3 endings so you can try to finish the game three times for those endings also for endgame content there are this dungeons you can do that are really similar to the chalice dungeon from bloodborne also for endgame you can try to complete maps by exploring everything and 100% every map in the game

Cons:

I know it’s an anime game but the amount of Over-Sexualization in this game just becomes disgusting at some point because most of the women in the game are half dressed and their huge chest is just sticking out they even went as far as doing it to the female bosses in my opinion they really over did it

another personal con is the fact that you and your friends are high powered vampires that can lift really heavy swords and do really incredible things but you still have limited human like stamina and it takes forever for you to swing a sword which is kinda dumb they could add their own spin to the game by making everyone super agile like in sekiro so again in my opinion its a huge con

maps are really boring and blend sometimes even looking the same

some weapons also look boring and its a shame because the devs are knows for designing awesome looking weapons

the way they tell the story by making you walk slowly to a kind of a slide show is just awful and sometimes i even tried to avoid those

the main thing that made people write negative reviews about this game is the class system and the amount of stats you as the player need to go through before you actually get to play the game is just ridicules

because of the class system and the build you are forced to make at some point bosses just become super easy just of how much op the build you made is sometimes i even 4 shotted bosses that's just absurd

the mechanic they added to the game where you need to find and purify this flower things just to uncover some parts of the mini map is just not necessary it would be cool just to have a general map or no map at all

all in all this game feels like an indie game although its developers are not i guess its their first souls like game so they had some difficulties with it which bring me to the final score to this game and its a 7 out of 10 its a cool game but needs more polishing and fixing at some areas i do recommend it but at a lower price
  18. Oct 5, 2019
    I just finished this game and it feels fantastic. Get rid of your companion if you really want a soulslike experience. Just like coop in dark souls, companions make the game super easy.
  19. Oct 1, 2019
    Very enjoyable souls-like, a bit floaty for the combat it does take some getting used to. Other than that a very good attempt at that souls like format. Also very much enjoy that there is a solid (albeit goofy) story attached to the game.
  20. Oct 2, 2019
    Great game, does what every souls like game should. It takes some ideas from dark souls and then they put their own spin on it.
  21. Sep 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not Dark Souls, but a solid game with good customization.

Story has some good moments, especially when looking through memories. Once you figure out timing, the lack of immunity frames isn’t that big of a deal.
  22. Sep 30, 2019
    Top tier character customization, interesting story, excelent music, likeable characters with solid story arcs and unique class system (Blood Codes). The IA could be better, more faster, but it is a good game overall.
  23. Oct 1, 2019
    Muy buen juego, argumentalmente intenta ser mas sencillo que otras sagas, pero intentando mantener el interes en la historia a seguir avanzando, la jugabilidad es solidad y te da la oportunidad de poder cambiar de bulid en la misma partida sin grandes sacrificios. buenos mapas interconectados y buen diseños de bosses
  24. Oct 1, 2019
    Un buen juego con algunos fallos. Si te gustan los juegos tipo Souls y el anime, es muy disfrutable,
  25. Oct 2, 2019
    It should have been good I love souls games and ones like them but vein had 1 awful level you know which one guys and an atrocious camera I just could not recommend
  26. Oct 4, 2019
    people talking **** about the story are absolute idiots, some kids are angry its not on nintendo switch and some idiots are bashing the game because ¨its not worthy of being dark souls¨ and giving it bad scores.This is not dark souls, The story is phenomenal and **** diabolically amazing. Combat is diabolical and awesome, characters are beautiful and world is beautiful. Reviewers andpeople talking **** about the story are absolute idiots, some kids are angry its not on nintendo switch and some idiots are bashing the game because ¨its not worthy of being dark souls¨ and giving it bad scores.This is not dark souls, The story is phenomenal and **** diabolically amazing. Combat is diabolical and awesome, characters are beautiful and world is beautiful. Reviewers and witchunters have a 1 inch peen and their parents never loved them. Expand
  27. Oct 5, 2019
    This game is amazing, the only explanation for low scores is that people are thinking about this game like its DS but its not. Character customization is out of this world... i mean this is mostly single player game but you can change so many things like its mmo. Story line is nice and simple, you learn background of every character you meet which is nice. Combat is like Dark Souls butThis game is amazing, the only explanation for low scores is that people are thinking about this game like its DS but its not. Character customization is out of this world... i mean this is mostly single player game but you can change so many things like its mmo. Story line is nice and simple, you learn background of every character you meet which is nice. Combat is like Dark Souls but kinda easier because you have companion by your side and he/she helps a lot... but you don't have to use them if you don't want to, you can go solo and the game is a lot harder then, so i don't understand why ppl are saying it's too easy? just play solo. Other thing about combat is that you have A LOT of skills to use, you can do so many builds that it's kinda hard to get bored with combat. For me this game is amazing and i recommend this game to everyone that played DS, Bloodborn etc. Have a nice day :) Expand
  28. Sep 27, 2019
    One of the best games ever released in 2019 has a fun gameplay similar to Dark Souls. The game did have an effort from Bandai Namco. The media, like IGN, is trying to destroy and humiliate Bandai Namco fans
  29. Sep 27, 2019
    Code Vein while the combat can be quiet clunky it makes up for this in its beautiful art style which you can explore further in its in-depth character customization. Its story is quiet unique and engaging.
    However if you are looking for a SoulsBorne like game then this might be to easy for you, it might be because i enjoy doing insane challenge runs in SoulsBorne games and that thats why a normal run isn't hard for me. But besides the clunky combat that i dipped on for a more agile range build and the just a lil bit challenging difficulty, Code Vein is an excellent game.
  30. Sep 27, 2019
    It's one of the greatest games that showed potential and it even delivered the anime style of the game was awesome some say it's a dark souls copy but this ain't true it's more than that you'll get to know when ya'll play it
  31. Sep 28, 2019
    Troppo facile! Se ti piace solo creare il personaggio consiglio di scaricarsi la demo.
  32. Sep 27, 2019
    I honestly don’t know what the critics problem is. It’s a new it’s bound not be perfect but this game is simply beautiful in all aspects. Great story and characters , awesome character building and did I mention stunning to look at . I’m in love !
  33. Sep 27, 2019
    We immediately notice the enormous work done by the developers for the creation of vein code. Character creation is incredibly satisfying. The jobs system is something very interesting and allows you to take advantage of every gameplay mechanic without starting from scratch, as often happens with dark soul.Although you can bring along a companion to facilitate the game. Nothing preventsWe immediately notice the enormous work done by the developers for the creation of vein code. Character creation is incredibly satisfying. The jobs system is something very interesting and allows you to take advantage of every gameplay mechanic without starting from scratch, as often happens with dark soul.Although you can bring along a companion to facilitate the game. Nothing prevents you from facing the game alone. On the technical side there is some uncertainty. But we must say that it is the first episode. Certainly, in future chapters we will see certain aspects improved. Rated 10. Because of the reviews of the criticism very low. It's a game of 8 and up. Expand
  34. Sep 27, 2019
    Alot better than some reviewers would tell you. But dont go into it expecting dark souls 4 its trying to do it's own thing and very much succeeds.
  35. Sep 30, 2019
    Code Vein can be summarised simply as: mediocre. While the customization options are quite vast & fun to experiment with the game itself however is very monotone, dry looking & very bland at times. Annoyingly this extends to the hub area which feels uninspired, plays constant j-pop rock music just because. all atmosphere the world is trying to establish here is lost somewhat. Enemy &Code Vein can be summarised simply as: mediocre. While the customization options are quite vast & fun to experiment with the game itself however is very monotone, dry looking & very bland at times. Annoyingly this extends to the hub area which feels uninspired, plays constant j-pop rock music just because. all atmosphere the world is trying to establish here is lost somewhat. Enemy & monster designs are serviceable in variety but don’t seem that standout or interesting including bosses.
    Any soulsborne player can identify immediately this is a very weak experience overall from the get go, it’s nothing you haven’t seen before or played with the exception of anime influences, strong character creator and a checkbox class system. If you desire for a rewarding, challenging combat system akin to a fromsoftware title with deep lore, intriguing world building with intersecting paths, secrets & thinking on your feet. Look elsewhere.
  36. Sep 27, 2019
    Just dont give a **** to idiot meta score of idiot sites that always want to ruin new ips and low budget and small developers. If this game was branded by miazaki and from software , every bull**** sites gave +80 but now this is new ip and at first of its way so they try to ruin it bkz they dont have enough money to give to various site to get a score of 85!!! That exactly happenee toJust dont give a **** to idiot meta score of idiot sites that always want to ruin new ips and low budget and small developers. If this game was branded by miazaki and from software , every bull**** sites gave +80 but now this is new ip and at first of its way so they try to ruin it bkz they dont have enough money to give to various site to get a score of 85!!! That exactly happenee to other soulslikes like surge and lord of fallen. Anyway. Belive me this game is fantastic and i promise you will have very fantastic times with it. Im just angry with its idiot metascore. This game is neither perfect nor master piece. Its not even near to dark souls or bloodborne but belive its worth a try. You will addict it soon although it has some technical problems like fps drop and... Expand
  37. Sep 28, 2019
    Idk what the people rating this as 10 are playing as other than the character creation, this game is super average. The story is mediocre the combat is clunky and there is nothing special about this game. Rating this high just tells bandai that they can keep making mediocre games as long as they put in good customization.
  38. Sep 27, 2019
    Эта работа слишком ужасна.
    Полный насилия, некачественных движений и некачественных карт
    Это фатальные ошибки, которые не могут быть исправлены обновлением, и сделает эту игру 0 очками.
  39. Sep 27, 2019
    Here is what I think... I think people are marking this game down because it's a clone of Dark Souls, and Dark Souls enthusiast are offended that someone is imitating "their baby." The way I look at it is, imitation is the best form of flattery. I don't play many games anymore, except challenging ones like DS, so when this came out, I was excited. The DIFFERENCE is that this has a STORYHere is what I think... I think people are marking this game down because it's a clone of Dark Souls, and Dark Souls enthusiast are offended that someone is imitating "their baby." The way I look at it is, imitation is the best form of flattery. I don't play many games anymore, except challenging ones like DS, so when this came out, I was excited. The DIFFERENCE is that this has a STORY and an (shockingly) good one. I give it a solid 9.

If you want customization up the wah-zoo, great exploration (albeit generic looking environments), awesome plot, great character development... all wrapped around the "souls genre" gameplay, look no further. Great game! Can't wait to try the co-op.
  40. Sep 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you looking for an easier Dark Souls? Do you like typical anime characters? Do you like wandering around msomewhat mediocre maps while looking for items and trying to progress? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you'll probably like Code Vein. The game's story itself is decent, if pretty familiar. The lore is cool too in spots, but the characters are your typical assortment of anime tropes. Their character models also have a lot of clipping problems. No matter what character you're looking at, their hair clips through everything. Thankfully you can change your hair at any time. I initially gave my character the longest hair I could, but watching it clip through my entire outfit every time I moved got old. Expand
  41. Sep 27, 2019
    I don' think we will have another came this great this year like Code Vein. Bandai Namco has done a really great job. The game's graphic looks overwhelming and the story will keep you wanting to keep playing and playing. This is too much good for casual players.
  42. Sep 27, 2019
    In-Depth Combat with a mixture of dodge/parry with combo, launch, and drain attacks. Great multi-faceted class-system, leaving your character up to your imagination. Compelling story, great graphics.
  43. Sep 27, 2019
    If you love dark souls then you will be amazed by this masterpiece. The character creation is so unique and the gameplay is well fluid. This game is a must by for action rpg gamers.
  44. Sep 28, 2019
    Code Vein is not a soulsborne game, it's just a souls-"like" game. Critic Reviewers are need to go back to DarkSouls series.
  45. Oct 1, 2019
    Really wanted to love this game but its definitely at the lower end of souls like games. Weightless combat that is unsatisfying compared to other games of this genre along with awful level design (cathedral) made it a slog to get through which is a shame...
  46. Oct 2, 2019
    The game is fantastic. Haven't been able to put it down and only stopping to sleep (3 hours) and go to work.

Alright, this has been said over and over but the character creation is excellent. Alot of work went into your ability to personalize your own avatar in this broken world, a means of putting an extension of yourself into this game. 10/10 for that. The game play, or to be

The game play, or to be precise, the way you play the game, is dependent on YOU, the player.

You got a multitude of Blood Codes--each of which provides different stats and core builds, and each with its own unique set of buffs and skills.

Then you have the blood Veils which represent your armor and equips, which not only provide you a varied assortment of stat qualities, but a range of parry and drain attacks--which each blood veil looking different from the last.

There are vast weapon classes to choose from as well.
    Not only do you have to match your weapon type for your build, you as the player have the flexibility of switching between weapons and builds on the fly as you need.

One handed sword player? Switch to Prometheus. Two Handed? Switch to Berserker.
    Same goes for the weapons. Just as you see fit.

Upgrade system for weapons and armor. Learning and mastering skills based on your Blood Code.
    Learning and acquiring more blood codes from side stories, items (vestiges) that you collect in the main story maps, or the depths. There are so many ways you can play.

And all that, just so you can meet the challenge of the enemies that will swarm you.
    Even lower leveled enemies can still kill you no matter how you get,

The regret of losing your HAZE is as real as it was when you lose Souls in any game of this genre, and the challenge will either push you to "git gud" or rage quit. Goes to show which type of player I am.

Plus, the fact that it has a story is awesome. Anime styled, same universe as God Eater, lore building. All good things if you like things fantastic.

Love this game! Worth the wait! Going for a platinum trophy!
    Well done!
    Would recommend 10/10!
  47. Sep 27, 2019
    Man this game is awesome.. yes its a soulslike based on anime, and that why its awesome.. The combat it tight and full of great moves and skills to explore. The world looks amazing and is fun to traverse, the character creator is extremely deep. Ive been playing this since launch and it one of my favorite soulslike game yet..
  48. Sep 27, 2019
    As a fan of Dark Souls and Action RPG's in general I really love this game!! I'm giving it a ten because Im basing my review on how much fun I am having with the game. Which I am really loving every second of this game after playing about 10 hours of it. I cant wait to get home and play this game all weekend!!
  49. Sep 27, 2019
    One of the best soulslike of the generation. This is a must buy game for any type of game specially rpg ones.
  50. Sep 27, 2019
    Es para mi lo mismo que con god eater un concepto al cual le meten personajes anime y es un juego con buen lavado de cara pero en sustancia queda a deber
  51. Sep 27, 2019
    Almost everything is bad in this game: design, maps, characters, music, enemies, new mechanics, stupid NPCs, a simplified pumping system, and the biggest drawback is anime. Nice only graphics. 1 of 10
  52. Sep 29, 2019
    Just another poor "Demon's Souls" wanabe. Game badly designed, camera job is insanely bad and no sense for reward. I wish, that there was some kind of refund for such "games"
  53. Sep 27, 2019
    Souls lite combat, anime, dark aesthetics and the most fantastic character creator you have ever seen.
  54. Sep 27, 2019
    A brilliant game so far more you play the better it gets a hidden gem 10/10 playing it on PS4 pro
  55. Sep 30, 2019
    It was like an energy drink started nice but went downhill from there and cost lots of $
  56. Sep 30, 2019
    It was really bad. The combat and graphics do not feel like they belong in this generation.
  57. Sep 30, 2019
    I did not enjoy it the fights were not fun and I did not really like the story at all. I am happy people enjoyed it though.
  58. Sep 27, 2019
    As someone who does find Ocarina of Time and Dark Souls as the quintessential spine of 3D gaming, I have no regrets adding this to my library. Where this game takes what is known and comfortably delivers you to your first stop of character creation, of which is novel in many ways. From there we arrive at the familiar tutorial but can skip it, that is if you can bring yourself to leave theAs someone who does find Ocarina of Time and Dark Souls as the quintessential spine of 3D gaming, I have no regrets adding this to my library. Where this game takes what is known and comfortably delivers you to your first stop of character creation, of which is novel in many ways. From there we arrive at the familiar tutorial but can skip it, that is if you can bring yourself to leave the dark, mysterious and majestic beauty Cruz. After the first stage, though bland, does a superb job at giving you the play experience in order to feel what your character's motivations, capabilities, journey, and who your allies are. The pacing of desired power and character growth are well synced and padded on either side with ally support and uniquely challenging boss gameplay. Like any good game it rewards experimentation and mastery but does not demand it. The character design aesthetic is as beautiful as it is unapologetic. I feel we have come into an oasis amidst the wasteland of cultural hiccups that exist out there beyond from under the rock I choose to live. And the games that have come out at this time will come with us once we made it totally out of this wasteland. Expand
  59. Sep 27, 2019
    Плюсы.
    +Аниме
    + Есть сюжет + Хорошая графика + Костомизация + Саундтреки +Атмосфера Минусы - Система напарников - Тупые нпс - Упрощённая система прокачки - Озвучка (не знаю как в японской озвучке, но в английской они говорят нормально в противогазах. Комментарий: Игра позиционирует себя как соулслайк, но нпс и система напарников просто ломает жанр и это превращает в рпг. Только на боссах
    Плюсы.
    + Саундтреки
    +Атмосфера Минусы - Система напарников
    - Тупые нпс
    - Упрощённая система прокачки
    Комментарий: Игра позиционирует себя как соулслайк, но нпс и система напарников просто ломает жанр и это превращает в рпг. Только на боссах вспоминаешь чтоо она похоже на соулслайк игру. Поэтому моя оценка 6-7/10
  60. Sep 27, 2019
    This game is awesome, The character creator is simply amazing so much Fun, making all your favorite anime characters, gameplay is fun but challenging and the aI helps to A certain extent, the combat takes bit of getting use too, bit Clunky at times, Overall i Recommend giving it shot, its not dark souls completely,it brings different elements to game which is Refreshing.
  61. Sep 29, 2019
    I mean I might be not harsh enough but i like it a lot love the anime aspect love that it's not as hard as dark souls not that I don't mind the difficulty in the souls games at all just a nice change to relax a bit more xD
  62. Oct 1, 2019
    The character creator is great but everything else has been done much better in other games.
  63. Bht
    Oct 1, 2019
    1st thing fan service and sexism are different. The fact you can create your own character is proof this is not sexist. But does that make it a good game.... no not really it may have been fun if I did not buy for full price.
  64. Sep 27, 2019
    Dark Souls but anime, whats not to like? Enjoying the game a lot! Been waiting for this game a while and im not dissatisfied at all.
  65. Sep 27, 2019
    Evil, vampiric Dark souls style hack and slash! Corny dialogue, but excellent action and setting!
  66. Sep 27, 2019
    El juego cuenta con una excelente ambientación, banda sonora, diseño de personajes y sobretodo una historia muy interesante que te mantendrá enganchado. Sin embargo el diseño de los enemigos comunes es muy repetitivo, al grado de que algunos son clones más débiles de algunos jefes, por otro lado el sistema de combate se siente algo tosco y a pesar de que están muy bien hechos losEl juego cuenta con una excelente ambientación, banda sonora, diseño de personajes y sobretodo una historia muy interesante que te mantendrá enganchado. Sin embargo el diseño de los enemigos comunes es muy repetitivo, al grado de que algunos son clones más débiles de algunos jefes, por otro lado el sistema de combate se siente algo tosco y a pesar de que están muy bien hechos los personajes las físicas están mal aplicadas, por lo que constantemente vas a ver como el pelo u otros elementos se atraviesan entré ellos. Fuera de estos puntos la verdad vale la pena darle una oportunidad, no es un candidato a GOTY pero si te gustan los juegos al estilo Dark Souls éste es un título que te interesara mucho. Expand
  67. Sep 27, 2019
    Code Vein is so good.
    I like game character customization options!
    But the game is too easy.
  68. Sep 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It an awsm game...different just for everybody who loves hard games ....have to play must play Expand
  69. Sep 30, 2019
    Boring, repetitive, a lot of money...
    I wouldn't recommend spending money on this game.
  70. Sep 27, 2019
    It existed and hurt me by its sexism. The combat is ok and the character creator is great but a game like this in 2019 is sad. I prefered the surge 2
  71. Sep 28, 2019
    This game is pretty good and fun. Then why only a 6, you might ask. The reason is that it claims to be a souls-like game. But it is not. I mean, it would be, if it was without the amazing atmosphere, the depth, the complexity and most of all the difficulty. What's left of that what you can consider dark souls like? Close to nothing. It basically is a kiddy version of Dark Souls with a lotThis game is pretty good and fun. Then why only a 6, you might ask. The reason is that it claims to be a souls-like game. But it is not. I mean, it would be, if it was without the amazing atmosphere, the depth, the complexity and most of all the difficulty. What's left of that what you can consider dark souls like? Close to nothing. It basically is a kiddy version of Dark Souls with a lot of hand holding, where dying is pretty difficult. Not only are enemies mostly push overs and bosses boring and bland (from what I've seen), but you are also teamed with over powered NPC that will clear most for you and even revive you when you die. It reminds me of WoW, where at first the game was tricky and fun but got replaced by hand holding to cater the children.

Now this doesn't make the game bad. Even with all the hand holding the game is still more difficult than most games nowadays (which admittingly says more about the majority of games released), the concept of being able to change classes whenever you feel like it to suit the situation is pretty cool, the combat is still pretty fun and all that. It just hurts to get this when you are expecting a game like Dark Souls.
  72. Sep 27, 2019
    If you're sexist like myself then you will love this game. Nah but in all seriousness, this is a good game. Its not fantastic, it has a lot of rough edges , needs more polish etc. But i don't think its fair giving a game that is in the very least ENTERTAINING anything less than a seven. Its no masterpiece, it will not be regarded as a cult classic in the future, but its ENTERTAINING. YouIf you're sexist like myself then you will love this game. Nah but in all seriousness, this is a good game. Its not fantastic, it has a lot of rough edges , needs more polish etc. But i don't think its fair giving a game that is in the very least ENTERTAINING anything less than a seven. Its no masterpiece, it will not be regarded as a cult classic in the future, but its ENTERTAINING. You will not be bored throughout the game , nor will you be biting your own thumb because of how unfair or janky it is , cuz its not. So if a boring game gets a 5 , and an infuriating bug filled game gets less than that, and a game thats extremely mediocre and only does the bare minimum good gets a 6 , then a game that gets a lot of things right , manages to be entertaining, has likeable characters and great music and an engaging gameplay but has some rough edges deserves AT LEAST a 7 , and im giving it an 8 because i particularly liked and wanted a game that plays like dark souls but has a gorgeous anime aesthetic . Every soulsborne game is better , sekiro and even nioh are all better games , but that doesn't mean this game isn't worth your time , since it brings some new things to the table. Between this and surge 2 , I'll pick this, they're both at the same overall level in terms of polish and care , but code vein has something that the surge doesn't have , anime titie-i mean PERSONALITY and soul. Surge is as soulless as you can get for a soulslike. Oh and if you seriously get offended by scantily dressed women in an anime game then im sorry for wasting your time , this game is not for you. Oh and if you aren't particularly good at getting better in video games then , try harder but if you think you can't manage difficult games this game is not for you either. Its more "unfair" in certain areas than soulsborne with some bad hitboxes and poorly choreographed attacks but its overall easier than most soulsborne titles. And the best part is , there's a demo , if you have doubts, you can give that a shot first , completely free and with full character customization Expand
  73. Sep 27, 2019
    it terrible
  74. Sep 27, 2019
    Dont listen to the idiots like ign or gamespot. I still remember them giving skyward sword a 10 and three houses a 9.5 great games but they dont deserve those scores. This game is a blast, do not treat it like a souls like, yes it borrows its forumla but it also does its own thing. Im having a blast and ive played all souls borne and sekiro. And im 35 and played regular nintendo which isDont listen to the idiots like ign or gamespot. I still remember them giving skyward sword a 10 and three houses a 9.5 great games but they dont deserve those scores. This game is a blast, do not treat it like a souls like, yes it borrows its forumla but it also does its own thing. Im having a blast and ive played all souls borne and sekiro. And im 35 and played regular nintendo which is much harder than any of thosr. Please dont be a sjw warrior or a retard go out get it asap if you liked the demo Expand
  75. Oct 4, 2019
    As someone who’s played every souls-like game and gotten platinum trophies on all but two (Sekiro and Surge 2), I can easily say that this is one of the best. I absolutely love it! So much so that after buying the deluxe edition and playing through it, I just got done ordering a collectors edition from Japan so I can have the Mia statue. If you remotely like these types of games, get it.
  76. Sep 30, 2019
    Similar to Bloodborne gameplay wise, but way better overall. Game of the Year candidate for me
  77. Oct 4, 2019
    Cons:
    Multiplayer is outright crippled by lag. You will have to dodge ahead of time, every time. The degree of this is random based on the host, but it is always, always there. You cannot play multiplayer the same way you do single player, unless you are hosting. Period.
    Cons:

English dub is horrendous in some instances, namely with player characters. Compared to the Japanese it is frankly-- very bad. Things you hear from NPCs are meaningless and fall flat, and things you hear from player characters can be annoying enough to make you want to pull your hair out. Almost all lines sound fake. There is also poor translation at times; for example, when you die with a certain partner she will simply give a casual "Hello" in Japanese (or Ohaiyo), but the subtitles for this read "Morning, sunshine" and will make you reflexively try to cut her head off, after a particularly painful death. It will teach you to listen to the actual Japanese voice acting, though-- and not just react to the text.

Intentionally frustrating level design in some areas: Exploration is a task that actually requires skill, in this game. This can be a good thing, but you can expect not to have this skill developed, or anticipate a need of it. This will frustrate you until you adapt. The cathedral level is especially bad for this-- but this is not exactly intentionally frustrating; it's more of a forced skill development-- navigation. What is intentionally frustrating, are a specific monster type that rushes forward and knocks you back. This is all it does-- it's a little pinball, essentially. The first time you encounter this is specifically at a point where you are on a small walkway, and the intention is to knock you off of the edge without warning. The next time you encounter this enemy, it will be around a corner and hidden. There are no other enemies to fight here; it is pure traversal. The intent to frustrate the player is even more apparent-- here, because this instance of the enemy will slow your movement for about 20 seconds if it hits you enough. Again, this purely a traversal section-- so the only effect this slow will have on you is to drag out travel time. On top of that, after slogging around with slow on you, having nothing to do except walk, the floor will fall out from under you without warning in the section that immediately follows. HOWEVER-- These are the only intentionally frustrating sections in the game, so this isn't as bad as it sounds. It's not actually a theme of the game.

Multiplayer again: People will call for help in ridiculous circumstances. If you set the game up so that you will join any area where people are calling for help (to help lower level people, of course) you will join matches where a level 80 player is massacring everything in a level 10 section. Why he wanted to drag someone along through that is unfathomable, because he sent out a distress signal while feeling nothing on the same plane of existence as distress, but this is something that people do regularly. Also, if you send out a distress signal, you can expect that a good portion of the time, the other person will come in and combo the boss in a way that there is no challenge whatsoever. Lower level multiplayer is horrifically bad, but higher level stuff is alright.

END OF CONS SECTION

Pros--
    Literally every other thing you could imagine.

Combat is fantastic. Dodges are very quick, attacks are quick, and the number of abilities to use in combat stretches to the horizon.

Progression is incredibly intricate: a metric ton of abilities, passives, and gear to choose from-- and you can switch out your build on the fly, whenever you want. You can go from caster, to two-handed hammer berserker, to stealth assassin ninja-- in three presses of X. (Although, your two weapons and your single armor piece aren't saved, so you do have to switch those out a lot.) You also master skills as you use each class-- allowing you to make nearly infinite custom builds. I'm currently playing a support caster that uses a two-handed greatsword, with the build focused on support magic, strength, and defense. For the previous boss I used a teleporting flame ninja.

There is infinite new game plus, with corresponding multiplayer; and as far as anyone knows, you can level all the way to level 9999.

Every weapon is at least slightly different from every other weapon-- even weapons in the same category, and many weapons are unique outright.

The story with Japanese acting opens very emotional. From there it is kind of like Elfen Lied-- that seems to be the inspiration to a degree. It is a VERY bleak world, but the execution of that idea is kind of middling. It is a good idea, and that will shine through constantly, but the substance and emotional beats of the story are not astounding all the time. It is a number of steps beyond Western storylines-- but the language barrier will make a lot of the emotional strikes glance off of the viewer.
  78. Sep 29, 2019
    Nice Game , pretty and nice combate.the skillset IS really good.The bad side is the carácter face creation is not very good.
  79. Sep 29, 2019
    Don’t listen to the minority snowflake rainbow army critics hating on this game, the user scores represent how good the game is. We are now in a era of where the so called critics who rate games are nothing more then agenda driven trash, who rate games based on their politics etc, not on the game itself.
  80. Sep 29, 2019
    I'll keep my review simple. Bought it. Played it. Co op with my cousin most of the way through. The artwork and styled is amazing. Is it perfect. No. But I got my money's worth. To bad they dont have the reviewers on their pay roll
  81. Sep 29, 2019
    Excellent character creator, amazing skill system with blood codes that offers much more than any souls game before it, great dark story, excellent loot system, beautiful music, solid gameplay, hot sexy female characters wearing hot sexy outfits. What more a gamer can wish for in a game?
  82. Sep 29, 2019
    I hate people giving it bad reviews for being to hard and Call it bad combat mech. Because of that

or girls are half naked sometimes Its truly a anime souls game and i really loves it
  83. Oct 2, 2019
    this game was amazing. The creators of god eater did a good job on code vein. the customization was the best i seen and love the characters and seeing everyone's back story
  84. Sep 28, 2019
    Excellent combat with various built options, amazing customization and visual style! The partner Ai works pretty well too. Great game!
  85. Sep 29, 2019
    Плюсы:
    Звуковое сопровождение
    Оптимизация
    Озвучка
    Редактор персонажа

Минусы:
    Один вариант обработки сглаживания(TXAA)
    Отсутствие фото-режима
    Главный герой молчит и кивает головой
  86. Sep 28, 2019
    Very cool game. Combat is fast and being able to switch between fighting styles in a snap is great. The character creator is one of the best I have seen in games period. You want to wear a hat on a hat your ho right ahead. The fact that there is a story completed with cut scenes is a huge change from the foggy souls like games. If I have some grapes with the game it is the environment andVery cool game. Combat is fast and being able to switch between fighting styles in a snap is great. The character creator is one of the best I have seen in games period. You want to wear a hat on a hat your ho right ahead. The fact that there is a story completed with cut scenes is a huge change from the foggy souls like games. If I have some grapes with the game it is the environment and the colors used. Can be very brown and boring. Some clipping issues while in fast combat and clothing options. All and all I am having a great time with this different anime style souls game. Expand
  87. Sep 28, 2019
    Amazing game. This game was a must buy since the first beta. No problems with the game.
  88. Oct 3, 2019
    Un juego del género Soulsborne con estética anime y muy entretenido, me ha enganchado desde el principio.
    Tiene una caracterización del pj bastante amplia, además de una gran variedad de movimientos y habilidades.
  89. Sep 29, 2019
    Beautiful world, excellent chardis, greatest music. Stylish anime visual. Gameplay after Soul's-like games very nice and effecting. Must Play!
  90. Sep 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O jogo é muito melhor do que dizem esses supostos entendedores, merece uma nota melhor Expand
  91. Sep 28, 2019
    Don't write this game off based on (or allow yourself to even be influenced by) agenda-driven, biased, negative media reviews. Download the free demo & decide for yourself. It only offers a taste of what the full game has to offer, but it'll show you how full of **** the perpetually-offended outrage culture sheep critics are. Like any Soulsborne game; the more you put into it, the moreDon't write this game off based on (or allow yourself to even be influenced by) agenda-driven, biased, negative media reviews. Download the free demo & decide for yourself. It only offers a taste of what the full game has to offer, but it'll show you how full of **** the perpetually-offended outrage culture sheep critics are. Like any Soulsborne game; the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of Code Vein. Well worth MY $ and if you're a fan of the games that it takes inspiration from, it'll prove worthy of yours too. Even if you're not a veteran of said style of games, if you can afford to add this game to your library to support it, you'll help show those who'd rather see female characters covered in burkas than show cartoon skin that (actual) gamers aren't willing to obey their demands, follow their narrative & allow them to ruin everyone else's fun. 9/10 + 1pt for good old fan service & balancing out some of the unwarranted hate. Expand
  92. Sep 27, 2019
    Well this game is a soul like game with a story and anime art style. The combat is not as good as souls games but the story is told better. Also it has some differences to the souls games to the point wheir it feels like an advancement on the genre.
  93. Sep 27, 2019
    Amazing game with wonderful visual and great music, really good souls like games with **** included
  94. Sep 27, 2019
    While not perfect in every regard, it's an extremely good game. The story is solid, characters are great, and the combat is exceptional. A lot of replayability and variety. The people bombing this are ridiculous.
  95. Sep 27, 2019
    D38-J1 -Today I order the 5 new Hornaces of Death,THOD 1-5 as I embark on a new life & a new death with the final fight with THOD5 5.Pray4me
  96. Sep 27, 2019
    This has been my favorite game of this year so far. Everything about it is beautiful. The music and the character creation are wonderful. This is a must buy game for any type of game specially rpg ones.
  97. Oct 5, 2019
    This game is really good.The graphics are amazing... It's a very nice touch with bandai namco has done. I think the sound needs a tad bit of a touch-up I can barely hear the voices over the sound effects and music. The gameplay is very solid it's not too hard but it's not that easy either you mixing up blood codes and blood vessels is a very nice addition
  98. Sep 27, 2019
    one of the best dark souls 3 alternatives and it could also be equally good . An AAA game from bandainamco , seems like a massive game which can really promise a great souls like experience . It has some pretty graphs with some mesmerizing environments . Excellent technical performance on ps4 pro , An innovative more advanced souls like combat system combing firearms aswell and of courseone of the best dark souls 3 alternatives and it could also be equally good . An AAA game from bandainamco , seems like a massive game which can really promise a great souls like experience . It has some pretty graphs with some mesmerizing environments . Excellent technical performance on ps4 pro , An innovative more advanced souls like combat system combing firearms aswell and of course some truly horrible and disgusting creatures . High recommended for jrpg fans and almost a must buy for soul type fanatics Expand
  99. Sep 27, 2019
    This is literally Pinnacle one of the Best Most Flavored Action Games Created All Generation. There is Zero reason to play any other Pile of xKIKEJournalist Shill AAA Garbage when you can Play this Master Piece.
  100. Sep 27, 2019
    Tema muito bom... Trama muito bem feita...
    Gráficos ok Jogabilidade boa Sem bugs pelo menos até o momento Trilha sonora excelente Inimigos desafiadores

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Oct 22, 2019
    This souls-lite with an artful anime sheen impresses visually and presents an accessible take on the winning formula but fails to endear us with its bland environments and toothless story. [Issue#168, p.84]
  2. Oct 21, 2019
    Code Vein is going to be divisive. Out of the box, it's not a very good game. The balance in difficulty is a mess, with certain classes and abilities feeling hugely overpowered; the partners making even the most challenging encounter easy, until the difficulty spikes massively towards the conclusion. It's in that conclusion that Code Vein shines at its best. For the players willing to invest the time to get there, and good enough to learn how to master the considerably complex system, there is a superb experience waiting. It's just a shame it takes so long to get there.
  3. Oct 18, 2019
    Code Vein fails to feel as intense, exciting and genuine as its best competitors, but delivers a combat system which comes across as fresh despite lacking the weight of its betters.