7.2

1. Aug 27, 2019
    A Great game with a fascinating and mysterious story-line that with awesome game play and shooting system is one of the best games of 2019.
    Story = 10
    Graphic = 8.5
    Game play = 9
    Sound = 9
  2. Aug 27, 2019
    Very intresting and beautiful game. Remedy good job! Игра мне крайне понравилась. Антураж великолепен. Сюжет очень интересный. Ну и боевка огонь) Надеюсь у Ремеди все будет хорошо)
  3. Aug 27, 2019
    Remedy has made an awesome job with this one. It really shows that the shackles of the big publisher are off. Kudos!
  4. Aug 27, 2019
    A superb game with amazing graphics, athmosphere, physics, playabilty and action entertainment. The story is very good and interesting. Remedy from Finland knows what it's doing!
  5. Aug 27, 2019
    This game is the best, story, graphics and all are so cool and well made! good job remedy
  6. Aug 27, 2019
    Awesom new Remedy game. They know how to make strange and interesting games.
  7. Aug 27, 2019
    This game is simply incredible. Don't expect a generic shooter, Control is so much more. It's a fresh approach to modern gaming and I definitely recommend this to anyone, who wants something special.
  8. Aug 27, 2019
    Very high quality action game. Unique story and excellent game mechanics. Beautiful graphics!
  9. Sep 20, 2019
    You are stuck in a labyrinth and constantly have to fight enemies as you move through it, which would be fine if this were a decent shooter, but the combat mechanics are simply ok. The rooms are sprawling and disorientatingly claustrophobic, which was fun for a while, but several hours in, and there's a repetitive pattern creeping in, of opening up new areas, then running into enemies, inYou are stuck in a labyrinth and constantly have to fight enemies as you move through it, which would be fine if this were a decent shooter, but the combat mechanics are simply ok. The rooms are sprawling and disorientatingly claustrophobic, which was fun for a while, but several hours in, and there's a repetitive pattern creeping in, of opening up new areas, then running into enemies, in every corridor and room almost, even the ones you've already cleared. The Hiss are annoying. Then there's the boss fights, which are also annoying, and made worse by the unforgiving save system where you need to start again from a pre-determined save point, which might mean running around for a minute to get back to the place where you keep dying. This game seriously lacks having a buddy companion, either A.I or friend. I think Prey did it better. I gave up. Expand
  10. Sep 5, 2019
    I would give this an eight if it weren't for the staggering slowdown that crops up right in the thick of battle. It doesn't happen often, but c'mon, it's 2019. Otherwise, it is a fine third person shooter (telepathic shooter?) that makes me miss the old PS2 Psi-Ops more and more (why no next gen version or sequel of that game is a mystery). In game map is useless, and confusing, and someI would give this an eight if it weren't for the staggering slowdown that crops up right in the thick of battle. It doesn't happen often, but c'mon, it's 2019. Otherwise, it is a fine third person shooter (telepathic shooter?) that makes me miss the old PS2 Psi-Ops more and more (why no next gen version or sequel of that game is a mystery). In game map is useless, and confusing, and some on screen directional prompts would be helpful. Expand
  11. Sep 10, 2019
    Awesome aesthetic and story completely TORN down by awful gameplay and awful boss fights.

Remedy should seriously consider adding the ability to change difficulty levels because as is some areas are so incredibly frustrating in terms of plain difficulty on top of being poorly designed in and of themselves that it is prohibitive to progressing for players (like me) who both aren't good at games and don't have the time to spend to "get better" at them. (Also, walked into a boss-fight area, the big font popped up saying I discovered this place, and I couldn't see **** and died immediately. So good planning game).

I struggle to recommend it because while I love the aesthetic and the story (as much as I have gotten in the first several hours), the gameplay is SO Frustrating and the loop is just not fun enough to merit the difficulty level being where it is. I don't know who's decision that was but they made a serious mistake by not allowing players an option to change difficulty (an option present in I think every single Remedy game prior so its not as though there's precedent). Example: In most games, if there's an area I just cannot get past, I turn the difficulty level down to get through it, then pop it back up to where it was prior. Games like this that go from fairly straightforward and fun go to **** Dark Souls in an instant and it's ALL over the place.

Watch a Let's Play instead, unless you have hours and hours to improve at the gameplay, or unless you actually think *you'll* enjoy it. Fully subjective, but to me it's not at all worth the effort of the gameplay just to get to the story, which is what i was excited for.
  12. Sep 3, 2019
    Flawed, yet endearing, Control channels the likes of Prey, Alan Wake, and Max Payne in the best and worst respects of its presentation. Even with prevalent technical issues and frame drops across all platforms, the title proves itself as being a unique and highly entertaining experience that has the potential of becoming a definitive cult classic later down the line.
  13. Sep 18, 2019
    I bought the digital deluxe edition on my base PS4 on day one, and have been playing it since. Platinumed it today, after about 40-50hrs of gameplay.

What a ride, what an experience, what a game! It's a perfect blend of gameplay, narrative and style. I just felt engaged the moment I played it. Coming into the game, I thought I would be bored by it's setting but I learnt to appreciate it's brutalist art style and it reminded me so much of where I used to live near the University of Chicago.

If you like atmospheric games like Bioshock, Alan Wake, Max Payne, Vampyr, where you are rewarded for playing it slow and explore everything, collecting documents and lore, you will love this game. It's story is told in a unique, non-direct style, where you have to pay attention 110% and even then, you may not understand all of it at once. That's what I love about it, it's sense of mystery and possibility. I love narratives that encourage discussion outside of the medium, in internet forums, youtube vids etc. It reminds me of TV shows like Lost and Twin Peaks where I had to read up more and watch it multiple times to pick up stuff I missed the first time round.

In summary, these are what I like and dislike about Control:

Pros:
    Brilliant, atmospheric narrative
    Great voiceovers and real-life acting (especially Dr Darling)
    Superb lead character
    Interesting side missions
    Engaging side characters
    Superb soundtrack
    Ahti

Cons:
    Slight FPS drop in intense battles
    Background assets take time to load when you zoom in
    Respawn points are a pain
    Slow loading times during fast travel

I really hope Remedy does more games. Can't wait for their next project. I will support this AWEsome developer always!
  14. Sep 7, 2019
    Brilliant, brilliant game. Not perfect, and has some minor performance issues, but what a great experience. If you like single player games with a cool and strong narrative, you gotta play Control.
  15. Sep 15, 2019
    I'm giving it a 10 because it's an important game at a time when games suck. In reality it's an 8 or 9. But still high scored so go buy it on what ever system. Pc is the best but forget running ray tracing as you'll need a beast. I had solid performance at all times with 1080p high settings and vsync off. Best vsync fame I've played. Never screen tears which is amazing.

On ps4 it

On ps4 it needs a patch but it has one and it's fine. On pro it's great. Xbox fine etc. All good ports.

So graphics are stellar. Music and sound is good , as voice acting great. Brilliant gun sounds. Special mention for cool videos throughout.

The gameplay is solid. Really fun and creative. So much fun. Action pact as well as interesting story.

The game lasts about 12 - 20 hrs depending on your play style. Proper single player campaign in 2019.

Remedy has done it again. Max Payne, Alan wake and more and now Control.

Can't stress how good this game is but....the beginning is slow and confusing. So give it a chance. By the end you're literally the most badass super hero fighting the xfiles! The ps4 digital dlc is ok. But should be free to all. Support great games.
  16. Sep 12, 2019
    It’s ok. But graphics could be much better. A lot of artifact, blur. I can’t see anything on a long distance
  17. Sep 15, 2019
    This has to be one of the most atmospheric, beautiful and creative games I have ever played. It's a work of art with incredible graphics, dramatically enhanced when played on PC with ray tracing.

The gameplay itself is fun and varied with a multitude of powers and weapon types at your disposal and the progression is fantastic really making you feel yourself becoming more and more powerful as you progress through the game.

The world building is great with some really interesting lore and characters. The lore is delivered in an entertaining way through notes, memos but mostly through video logs left by a charismatic scientist. Oh and the soundtrack is pretty great too.

The game is pretty tough, so if you aren't very good at third person shooters you might struggle later on in the game when you hit a couple of major difficulty spikes. However, the challenge is worth fighting through as it's very rewarding when you finally beat that pesky boss you've been stuck on by learning it's patterns and figuring out different ways to counter it's attacks.

I highly recommend this game to anyone that is looking for a challenging, immersive, beautiful and well designed video game with a compelling story.
  18. Sep 28, 2019
    This is an exceptionally awesome game by any standard. The gameplay is fluid, intuitive, and just feels great. Jesse becomes a bad-ass Jedi over the course of the intriguing story & using her telekinetic powers to summon & launch objects at enemies NEVER ceases to be brutally satisfying. Definitely one of my favorite games of 2019 & the current generation of consoles in general...with oneThis is an exceptionally awesome game by any standard. The gameplay is fluid, intuitive, and just feels great. Jesse becomes a bad-ass Jedi over the course of the intriguing story & using her telekinetic powers to summon & launch objects at enemies NEVER ceases to be brutally satisfying. Definitely one of my favorite games of 2019 & the current generation of consoles in general...with one minor flaw: occasional frame-rate drops when fighting an (overcrowded) room full of enemies...but only in certain rooms. It doesn't happen often enough to be much of a problem, as it only tends to occur if/when I haven't finished off at least half of the first wave of enemies before their friends join the party & you acquire offensive upgrades pretty early on, so it sort of 'goes away' before it has much chance to become annoying. It's hard to fault the devs for it though because Control is essentially a next-gen game that pushes current consoles to their limits. Fortunately (for me) I recently upgraded to a PS4 Pro to give my poor old 2nd hand vanilla system a well-earned retirement after it started vomiting discs back at me in the middle of gameplay, so said issue wasn't much of an issue for me at all, but I can clearly see how it could be an immersion-breaking problem for "regular" PS4 & XBoxOne's (no idea about PC's). I experienced Days Gone on both my old & new consoles, but can only judge Control by how well it runs on my upgraded unit, & I have faith in the devs' commitment to optimizing this game because of all the love they clearly put into creating it. Aside from what's essentially a NON-issue for ME, I'm having a ******* blast! I'm taking my sweet-assed time savoring my playthrough & thoroughly enjoying every minute of it, so much so that I bought the season pass when I found out it that it unlocks an amusingky weird, existing side mission, & I'm already looking forward to the 2 promised expansions. Before I stfu, I have to credit the writing. The story is truly unique & interesting, with the added bonus of some darkly humorous gems to be discovered just about everywhere you venture. Solid 10/10 at full price - zero regrets for not waiting for a sale. Expand
  19. Sep 7, 2019
    Yet another unique, story driven singleplayer masterpiece from Remedy! Definitely worth checking out.
  20. Sep 15, 2019
    I hope you like the color red because this game just blasts it all over the place. Red everything! Anyway this game is not as good as Alan Wake for sure. The story is just not very good and the overuse of reading material is crazy. I don't like reading. You would think you could tell the story in game or at least more so than in this game. I kept playing because of the visuals. Some coolI hope you like the color red because this game just blasts it all over the place. Red everything! Anyway this game is not as good as Alan Wake for sure. The story is just not very good and the overuse of reading material is crazy. I don't like reading. You would think you could tell the story in game or at least more so than in this game. I kept playing because of the visuals. Some cool new tech in this game but other than that it's just not grabbing me. I tried to like it but I find everything just a notch below expectation except the Janitor and the Rock Quarry level. I really enjoyed that part. I will tell you also I hated the the entire motel thing. Everytime I went back I cringed. Expand
  21. Aug 30, 2019
    Visuals are incredible. Very unique game and concept. Boss battles can be difficult at times but rewarding once you get passed them. I like your hand isn't held all throughout this game. You have to work for information.
  22. Aug 30, 2019
    Compelling story, with many hidden details and great humor.
    Combat is fun and it gest more and more entertaining as you unlock new powers.
    Jesse is a very relatable character.
  23. Aug 30, 2019
    I love this game! The atmosphere of the game is amazing. You can really get immersed in the world.
    - Graphics to this game look fantastic, even on low settings
    - Weapons feel good, shoot good, and make you feel powerful with each shot. Also includes bullet speed, and one-shot headshots
  24. Aug 30, 2019
    This was my first ever Remedy experience and i was blown away! Played on PS4 Pro and the graphics are amazing paired with the story and gameplay. couldn't put the controller down i was so invested in what was happening
  25. Aug 30, 2019
    Very interesting concept. Wonderful graphics and story, not to mention the music! If you love action games you should definetely give it a try.
  26. Aug 30, 2019
    I thought Death Stranding might be the most original game this year, but Control certainly will be in second, if not first, by the end of the year. The aesthetic is astounding and nothing like I've seen in a game. It reminds one of Cronenberg, David Fincher, or David Lynch. Also it reminds me of the the film Beyond the Black Rainbow - strange, unsettling vibes that get under your skin.I thought Death Stranding might be the most original game this year, but Control certainly will be in second, if not first, by the end of the year. The aesthetic is astounding and nothing like I've seen in a game. It reminds one of Cronenberg, David Fincher, or David Lynch. Also it reminds me of the the film Beyond the Black Rainbow - strange, unsettling vibes that get under your skin. The sound, story, and action are beautifully balanced and play off each other. And the combat is fun as hell. Remedy should be proud of what they have done - it's just simply amazing. Expand
  27. Aug 31, 2019
    Just another masterpiece from Remedy! Perfect gameplay mixed with a intriging story.
  28. Aug 31, 2019
    The game has some minor technical issues and a little bit of jankiness/clunkiness but overall a great game, nothing unplayable or game breaking. Perhaps some tightening up will happen through patches. The game story and world is very strange, deliberately so. It seems the story has gone far over most peoples heads writing reviews here. Some parts of it are weird just to be weird and set aThe game has some minor technical issues and a little bit of jankiness/clunkiness but overall a great game, nothing unplayable or game breaking. Perhaps some tightening up will happen through patches. The game story and world is very strange, deliberately so. It seems the story has gone far over most peoples heads writing reviews here. Some parts of it are weird just to be weird and set a certain tone for the world. I get some Twin Peaks vibes from the game. Gameplay wise its nothing groundbreaking but its still quite fun. Expand
  29. Aug 31, 2019
    Increíble juego, tiene una trama atrapante y excelente jugabilidad en una PS4 pro, ahora saben que consola comprar... Dejen la STD
  30. Aug 29, 2019
    Remedy has released its new masterpiece - really a great game. Intriguing gameplay mechanics and beautiful environments
  31. Aug 30, 2019
    Nice game all in all, very satisfying to smash objects from the surroundings to enemies!
  32. Aug 31, 2019
    Great game, really enjoying what I've played so far! The lore withing the game is really compelling and makes you want to find out more and wander around the map for more pieces of info. One big downside though is that even running on a PS4 Pro, there is alot of frame rate issues in combat and also textures and environments take a little bit of time to load in
  33. Aug 31, 2019
    Extremely beautiful graphics and superb story. Nice voice acting. Highly recommended!
  34. Sep 11, 2019
    This game is a disappointment to rate. The plot and world building is excellent. The art style, atmosphere, and special effects are top notch. The exploration and metroidvania style gameplay is fun. The major problem in the game is the terrible, repetitive combat loop. If you enjoy dying more than actually playing a game, then this is your game. The combat usually involved a neverThis game is a disappointment to rate. The plot and world building is excellent. The art style, atmosphere, and special effects are top notch. The exploration and metroidvania style gameplay is fun. The major problem in the game is the terrible, repetitive combat loop. If you enjoy dying more than actually playing a game, then this is your game. The combat usually involved a never ending stream of cloned bad guys that can kill you so fast and the loading screen after death takes a long time. If you like dying a lot and then waiting for a long loading screen over and over and over again, thats what this game offers. I think this game had a lot of potential to be rated a lot higher if the combat wasn't so hard, repetitive, and a chore to play through. Expand
  35. Aug 28, 2019
    Ótimo jogo! Gráficos bonitos, jogabilidade fantástica. A história também é bem interessante. Vale muito a pena!
  36. Aug 29, 2019
    Remedy showed a high quality action game, gameplay is awesome, I just can't stop enjoy with shooting, throwing everything in enemies, there are so much action, all locations made with style, location by location blowed my mind LOVE IT!))))) Thank you Remedy!!
  37. Sep 1, 2019
    Exelente juego me gustó la jugabilidad y una trama interesante
  38. Sep 14, 2019
    It Is a wonderful game in an artistic's point of view, but the game don't have a good level of difficulty. The boss fight could be impossible and punitive, expecially with a joypad for the console version, but the regular fight are easy! I don't explain thiis choice, i use to play hardcore game, but a cinematics game likes this shouldnt be to much hard! I want Just to enjoy the story andIt Is a wonderful game in an artistic's point of view, but the game don't have a good level of difficulty. The boss fight could be impossible and punitive, expecially with a joypad for the console version, but the regular fight are easy! I don't explain thiis choice, i use to play hardcore game, but a cinematics game likes this shouldnt be to much hard! I want Just to enjoy the story and the artistic's design choices. Expand
  39. Aug 29, 2019
    Overall a brilliant game - and one of Remedy's finest so far. Kudos to the studio for combining a strong story narrative with frenetic gameplay & combat. A true marvel and really enjoyed playing it.
  40. Aug 27, 2019
    This is a masterpiece! Remedy nails it again. Atmosphere is awesome, Graphics are stunning and the story is really addicting. One of the rare must-buy-games of the 2019.
  41. Aug 28, 2019
    So far i'm really enjoying Control. The setting is pretty unique and it changes in interesting ways. There are some cool setpieces built in as well which will change your location.
    The gunplay is fun too but the powers are the area in which this game stands out. The lack of a cover system is probably the biggest departure from past remedy titles.
    The story feels like a David Lynch show.
    The story feels like a David Lynch show. It's eery and entertaining but i'm not far enough in to say whether or not it has a great plot.
    I wouldn't listen to the babies downvoting this game. I assume most of them are doing it because the game is a timed exclusive on the epic store. A lot of games seem to get downvoted for that reason these days unfortunately.
    I'd recommend checking out some reviews and if you like what you see then you'll probably enjoy control :).
  42. Aug 27, 2019
    I found the World of the game, which is the Oldest House, really atmospheric and special. The game has this eerie and really unique feel to it, which is like no other game I've played before. I highly recommend this game.
  43. Sep 4, 2019
    This is a very typical Remedy game, which includes all the usual pros and cons that come with a Remedy game. Plot revolves around an other worldly type event occurring and your protagonist, this time its introspective Jesse Faden, is dragged into it. They went back to the Noir style monologues from their previous games, like Max Payne or Alan Wake. It doesn't come off as well as it did inThis is a very typical Remedy game, which includes all the usual pros and cons that come with a Remedy game. Plot revolves around an other worldly type event occurring and your protagonist, this time its introspective Jesse Faden, is dragged into it. They went back to the Noir style monologues from their previous games, like Max Payne or Alan Wake. It doesn't come off as well as it did in those games but its not terrible. The gameplay is ok but can be a bit too chaotic at times, which can lead to some very cheap deaths towards the end of the game when a lot of enemies and two or three shot you even with full health. Performance wise, there's a lot of problems with this game. Especially for the consoles. If you are going to play this game on a base PS4 or Xbone then I'd suggest waiting till its patched as there's tons of slow down and performance issues that will grind your game to a halt. It's only slightly better on the Pro and the One X too. If you had to play it now, get this for the PC as it seems to be the most stable version. But if you can play it, there's a lot of fun to be had here, even if the game is very short. Although, I should mention how easy this game is to 100% complete for that Platinum trophy/Gamerscore here. I barely put in 15-20 hours and got it easy. So for achievement hunters, this game will be very rewarding. At the end of the day, its a fun game, that's short and has performance issues. If you can find this for around 30 bucks, do it. But I wouldn't recommend it for much more then that right now. Once the performance issues are taken care of, this is a very solid 8/10 game, just like a lot of Remedy's previous games have been. Expand
  44. Sep 2, 2019
    I was playing on PS4 Pro and indeed the framerate was struggling at some of the most dense battles, but that only occurred a couple of times. An inevitable problem, given how much technology was packed here.
    Other than that, it's an incredible Remedy game. It takes inspiration from Steven King, SCP and other things, mixes it with Metroidvania format and presents in a really stylish package. The world is very rich with lore and detail. People saying that there are plotholes or that the story is bad either have no imagination or didn't pay attention to what was going on and those details mentioned. This game isn't gonna feed you its stroy with a spoon, a lot of things you'll need to figure out yourself, but that's what I was expecting from the Remedy game and I got what I wanted. A tale filled with mysteries and suspense.
    Gameplay is equally good. Control has a really polished battle system that will keep you entertained during the whole game and even a little bit after that. The technology paked into it helps a lot as well. The destructable environments and superb physics make sure every fight looks and feels spectacular.
    The pacing is also pretty good. Both in story and gameplay. The progression is pretty smooth overall. Btw, I recommend tackling some side quests, as they contain some of the coolest and most interesting things in the game.
    All in all, if you liked previous Remedy game this should be a must-buy for you. And if you're looking for a game with mysteries and secrets throughout it and ready to use your brain to piece together some of the parts yourself, then I highly recommend it.
  45. Aug 31, 2019
    Control is a a confusing game. No, not the ideas and concepts behind it but the implementation. The concepts and ideas explored in this game are unique and downright ingenious and there's one section where the game really takes off, the ashtray maze. I just wish there were more moments like that in the game but with a few clever twists and turns it still managed to hold my attention andControl is a a confusing game. No, not the ideas and concepts behind it but the implementation. The concepts and ideas explored in this game are unique and downright ingenious and there's one section where the game really takes off, the ashtray maze. I just wish there were more moments like that in the game but with a few clever twists and turns it still managed to hold my attention and fascination. One of the problems I ran into was the confounding map system that was completely terrible and could seemingly have you wandering aimlessly despite following it.

Which brings me back to the implementation of the wacky ideas. It would have been great to explore more of what was contained in the case files rather than the straight forward plot marching. The side quests were fine but nothing too memorable. Even the boss fights were largely forgettable. The one interesting fight was repeated a second time and I felt that could have been a slot reserved for a different enemy but repetition bogged down the game quite often. There was a lot of world building yet surprising not enough exploring and I hope that's changed with some DLC so we can get into more of the mythos behind the FBC. I won't even get into the console frame rate issues. That kept me from giving it a higher score.

Very cool ideas in a very good game that needed more time to develop itself.
  46. Aug 29, 2019
    Great game, no cap. Good shooting, good story - little weird but good. Reminds me of Alan Wake, mixed with Prey, with sprinkles of metroidvania. Highly recommended.
  47. Aug 31, 2019
    There's some bugs that need to be patched e.g. loading the map. The story could have been a bit clearer too. I really like the abilities you gain as you progress. The combat and gameplay is awesome. Overall a fun game.
  48. Sep 1, 2019
    Good story good characters good combat solid game not like a lot of other games out there but definitely worth a try
  49. Sep 2, 2019
    Wonderfull game, having tons of fun, pretty good story, very atmospheric and stylish, love Jesse. Solid gameplay, maybe little repetitive.
    Has some problems with optimization.
  50. Sep 2, 2019
    Very good game indeed. Interesting and weird story with great atmosphere. Game play and combat is best i played in ages. So much fun It is difficult to stop playing. Sure there are few bugs in the game but nonetheless one of the most original and interesting games at the moment.
  51. Sep 2, 2019
    A very beatifully crafted game. One of the most interesting and unusual games of this generation, probably one of the best Remedy games. Maybe even GOTY 2019 contender.

Atmosphere, setting, story, lore, location, graphics, physics, abilities, writing, characters, sound design, art design, architecture - literally lots of games aspects are amazing.
  52. Sep 2, 2019
    Best Remedy game. Very Atmospheric. Nice Story. Metroidvania Style. Dr.Casper Darling's videos reminds me Bioshock. Very cool used telekinesis and levetation. FBC Bureau very stylish and enigmatic place. Old house as a living character. But I don't like very bad performance for ps4, I'll wait for patch.
  53. Aug 27, 2019
    This game is just incredible entertaining and original in the sense of high-quality actions combined with super natural powers.
  54. Aug 27, 2019
    Супер! Я доволен что купил её. Не знаю что ещё можно добавить, видео-обзоры уже все сказали за меня. Я солидарен) Remedy молодцы
  55. Aug 27, 2019
    Amazing game, one of the best in 2019. Story and atmosphere keep you interested through the game. So sad that people are rating this 0-2 even there is no big problems, kids just want to protest and downvote. Definitely worth to buy and let also others to know about this game!
  56. Aug 28, 2019
    ###PROS:

GRAPHIC: I own this game on ps4, friends of mine play it on pc. It is allready very good looking on ps4, but on pc its the best looking game i have ever played, especially with the raytracing on. Every single texture in the entire game is sharp and crisp.No matter where you look you will find not a single low resolution texture in the entire game. And the ligthing is by far
    ###PROS:

GRAPHIC:

I own this game on ps4, friends of mine play it on pc. It is allready very good looking on ps4, but on pc its the best looking game i have ever played, especially with the raytracing on. Every single texture in the entire game is sharp and crisp.No matter where you look you will find not a single low resolution texture in the entire game. And the ligthing is by far the best i have seen in any game so far. Im not even exaggerating here, i have my fair share of critic with this game but the graphic is without flaws.

WORLDBUILDING:

This game is very good at pulling you out of your comfort zone and throwing you right into the twilight zone where anything can happen at anytime. It creates from the start a very dense atmosphere which carries over the whole game. If you play this game for the story then you will love it.

###CONS:

GAME IS WAY TO EASY AND HAS ONLY ONE DIFFICULTY SETTING:

None of the enemies you encounter needs a special tactic or strategy to beat. They are all just total cannon fodder you can brute force your way through.Other PVE games like remnant from the ashes, dark souls, sekiro or nier:automata have proven that it is definitely doable to create distinct and interesting looking enemies, which are challenging to fight.

Controls enemy design is the biggest let down of this game in my opinion. If i would rate this game alone on the combat and not factor in the graphic, story and overall atmosphere, i would give this game a 6 out of 10.

You are almost never in any danger of dying. You have infinite ammo for your gun. And the enemies drop way to much health packs.All of that makes combat very boring after the novelty of flying around in the sky and throwing heavy objects with telekinesis wears of.Beside the enemies being boring to fight, there is also not much enemy variety in this game. Even different enemy types look way to similar. Most of them are either possessed humans or some strange anomalies glitching around
    on the screen. And none of them has interesting abilities which go beyond heat seeking missiles, shields or damaging aoe fields. There is really not much depth in combat to be found in this game.

LEVELDESIGN LOOKS BREATHTAKING BUT GAMEPLAYWISE THERE IS NOT MUCH HAPPENING BESIDE OF FETCHQUESTS:

Don't get me wrong the areas look gorgeous and the game is very effective in creating a lot of atmosphere by pulling you out of your comfort zone and throwing you right into the twilight zone where anything can happen at anytime. But the game does gameplaywise not much with this setting. You mostly do fetch quests. Go to point A to find something and then bring it to point B. Which on its own wouldn't even be a problem if combat would be more interesting and challenging. There are some puzzles to solve, but they consist mostly out of finding battery boxes and putting them into power generators to open gates. The puzzle design is just as unimaginative as the combat, except of maybe less than a handful more interesting puzzles.

Beside of the enemies, there are also not really much stage hazards like you find them in other adventure games.Almost no deadly traps waiting to be activated by you, no machines which disable your flying ability in an area around them, no walls which shift gravity, no underwater areas, no stealth gameplay.There is so much they could have done gameplaywise in this setting they created, but they strangely restricted the player mostly to fight swarms of cannon fodder enemies and put battery boxes into generators.

UNIMAGINATIVE SKILLTREE AND ONLY A HANDFUL OF INTERESTING ABILITIES:

The game has a few interesting abilities which make you feel very powerfull and feel very good to perform, like flying around, dashing and throwing heavy objects with telekinesis at enemies. All of these are very well implemented,are very fun to use and give the game most of its identity. Even if the dash feels a little bit slow and creates also not much space. But flying and throwing objects feels perfect.

But beside those 3 abilities and the 5 different fire modes for your gun which feel also very rewarding to use, there is not much else in terms of interesting abilities to get. The skilltree has mostly passive stat boosts like more health,or damage boost, but nothing which would change the way you interact with your environment. No lifesteal, no teleport dash, no additional movement abilities, no melee ability upgrades, no stage hazard resistancy (because there are almost no stage hazards).

Most of that comes probably from you being able to fly anyways, so falling into a lake of acid or lava or whatever is not a thing to begin with. But as said they could have created something like enemies or wall and floor tilling, which inhibits you from flying in a certain area.

THE GAME IS VERY SHORT WITH A AVERAGE PLAYTIME OF RUFFLY 12 HOURS

MINIMAP IS ONLY 2D INSTEAD OF 3D WHICH MAKES IT HARD TO NAVIGATE IN THIS COMPLEX BUILDING
  57. Sep 1, 2019
    Control is a game, with a heavy focus on story/action/red telephones.

Control is a game, with a heavy focus on story/action/red telephones.

The setting/levels/house look fantastic and I/me/embodied individual had a great time finding new secrets and places. The combat/shooting/uncivil dispute is fast paced and kinetic. The board would like to apologise for the pop in/noticeable frame rate drops. When running on any device. If interested / bought a copy for public holiday. So enjoy.

The board
  58. Aug 29, 2019
    i had no expectations for this game, quantum break wasn't that good so i wasn't exited at all by the monocromatic look of working office at first glance. BUT i played it anyway, and i was blown away by every single aspect of the game, the graphics are amazing, the animations are good enaough to not break the immersion, very good job considering the lack of motion capture. the narrative isi had no expectations for this game, quantum break wasn't that good so i wasn't exited at all by the monocromatic look of working office at first glance. BUT i played it anyway, and i was blown away by every single aspect of the game, the graphics are amazing, the animations are good enaough to not break the immersion, very good job considering the lack of motion capture. the narrative is just perfectly written and very cospicous amount of notes helped a lot answering all of my questions and finding very good hidden links. coerence is the key. the amount of side mission is almost double the main misions. 18 vs 10. and the fun never stops because you will unlock every power progressing in a metroid vania style, allowing you to run back and forward exploring every time new places. a suprise. maybe a masterpiece of this times. Expand
  59. Aug 29, 2019
    Remedy is back! Weird and addictive story combined with action/fighting and metroidvania elements that are nicely mixed in the gameplay. Gameplay is a real compelling element of this unique experience. Living environments, mind-twisting plot, incredibly beautiful graphics and general look & feel does the rest. Well done!
  60. Sep 2, 2019
    Reading the negative reviews on this made me lose faith in metacritic's reviewers.
    Would give it a solid 8 - 9 with some technical issues. Some slow loads, and some slowing when alot is going on combat wise, some map load issues, but nothing that distracts too much from the gameplay or the story. Gameplay is a fun run and gun style with minimal cover shooter elements, exploring the world is just amazing.
    One of the best games released this year so far.

Just skimming the negative -
    Somebody gave it a 0 because they don't like reading (optional reading)...smh.
    Somebody gave it a 0 because they thought it was too hard (its not)...
    Somebody gave it a 0, but all the games they have reviewed (including most game of the year titles) they gave 0s.
  61. Aug 27, 2019
    Just wow! Its the type of a game I have been looking for years. I was always into eerie-vibe-strange movies and never that jolly fello anyway.. The deepness chills my bones and this one really makes you wanna check your brain. Something Kafka would like to sit deep into.
  62. Aug 27, 2019
    A fantastic game, love the graphics and the story. Congrats to Remedy team!
  63. Aug 27, 2019
    Great game. Beautiful graphics, very interesting and different plot, the raytracing stuff is awesome on my 2080 TI FE. fighting mechanic are gorgeous, fun, and a big spectacle. Highly recommend if you liked quantum break.
  64. Aug 27, 2019
    Eggselente game!!! Have been waiting this game for a long time and waiting was all worth it.
  65. Aug 27, 2019
    The game is very Solid. Really good story, fun Gameplay with new mechanics. The Action is very well paced and feels rewarding to play and explore all possibilities. Congrats to Remedy!
  66. Aug 27, 2019
    Control Written By Sam Lake And Directed By Mikael Kasurinen Game Is Good But In Some Combats Fps Drops on PS4 And Also Map In The Game Confused You Now Time For Gameplay Gameplay Is Amazing And Storytelling Is Great.
  67. Aug 27, 2019
    Remedy proves once again that they are one of the best studios in the industry

+ Great Visuals and Effects + Immersive Story + Addictive Game-play + Soundtrack (and music from Poets of the Fall) Is awesome. - Lip sync and animations in some of the conversations (cut-scenes) are little bit bland, and it sometimes seems that side characters are much better looking than the main
    Remedy proves once again that they are one of the best studios in the industry

+ Great Visuals and Effects
    + Immersive Story
    + Addictive Game-play
    + Soundtrack (and music from Poets of the Fall) Is awesome.

sometimes seems that side characters are much better looking than the main character.
    - Small frame-rate issues in big fights, likely will be fixed-
  68. Aug 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game! Really cool graphics, really nice plot, lots of good actors in this game Expand
  69. Aug 27, 2019
    Love the art style and gameplay. The shooting feels great and the setting is refreshing
  70. Aug 27, 2019
    Отличная игра. Явно не всем зайдет, но любителям Секретных материалов и ценителям творчества Дэвида Линча (там даже есть персонаж очень похожий на него, и интерьеры комнат пропитаны стилистикой Твин Пикса) настоятельно рекомендую.Отличная игра. Явно не всем зайдет, но любителям Секретных материалов и ценителям творчества Дэвида Линча (там даже есть персонаж очень похожий на него, и интерьеры комнат пропитаны стилистикой Твин Пикса) настоятельно рекомендую.
  71. Aug 28, 2019
    Love the concept of the game. The metroidvania style really works well here (albeit, that's one of my favorite game types so I'm a little bias). I really like how you are thrown into the action and story right away, no messing around. There are some graphical issues on the PS4 (i.e. slow texture load times, etc.). Many times I would look at a sign, etc. and would have to wait for it toLove the concept of the game. The metroidvania style really works well here (albeit, that's one of my favorite game types so I'm a little bias). I really like how you are thrown into the action and story right away, no messing around. There are some graphical issues on the PS4 (i.e. slow texture load times, etc.). Many times I would look at a sign, etc. and would have to wait for it to fully load (would appear blurry). I am playing on a base model PS4 so I'm not sure if that improves on the pro or not. The action/combat is top notch. Atmosphere is amazing. Overall, a great game, which is what I hoped for the dev's of Max Payne/Alan Wake (never played Quantum Break since I don't own an XBOX). Expand
  72. Aug 27, 2019
    well played game!!! astonishing graphics and fluid gameplay. Also the story is very interesting. Hope we get some DLC and a sequel in the near future.
  73. Aug 29, 2019
    Gioco fighissimo bella bro! Non ho mai provato emozioni così intense. da provare assolutamente
  74. Aug 29, 2019
    Incredibly satisfying gunplay engaging story although the characters could've spent more time in the oven they get the job done
  75. Sep 2, 2019
    Interesting, SCP-like concept. And the PS4 Pro handles it just fine most of the time, there are some frame rate drops, but they are few and far between. The 2 biggest detriments to gameplay immersion are the live actors, who are NOT of the same caliber as Quantum Break. And the character models are also a big step back from QB. They don’t look like their human counterparts. The heads areInteresting, SCP-like concept. And the PS4 Pro handles it just fine most of the time, there are some frame rate drops, but they are few and far between. The 2 biggest detriments to gameplay immersion are the live actors, who are NOT of the same caliber as Quantum Break. And the character models are also a big step back from QB. They don’t look like their human counterparts. The heads are weirdly big and misshapen and shadows make them look even worse. The security chief and the main character are the worst.

Then there’s the constant inner voice-overs in whispery, cringe-worthy form, mixed with closeups of eyes that, don’t match the character models. And lastly the painful grind of having to go through rooms again, every time you die, filled with enemies, just to try to get to your destInation again - also filled with enemies. And any one of them taking you down, means starting over again and again. I’m seriously thinking about putting the game down because I’m stuck in one of these hateful loops.

Wait for updates. Wait for a sale. The trailer looked soooo good, but that energy doesn’t translate and the artistry is diluted when there’s nothing but that same look over and over and it’s populated with bad distractions. So disappointed.
  76. Sep 15, 2019
    Good for RTX card owners but other than that

the game looks washed out on traditional GPUs, consoles etc. everything is movable and lightning is not static. looks like a quick effort for a ray tracing demo but added some story and levels to call it a day... the beginning of the game is infuriatingly ambiguous , after two hours, the story gets laid out a bit but two hours is no good
    Good for RTX card owners but other than that

the game looks washed out on traditional GPUs, consoles etc.
    everything is movable and lightning is not static.

the beginning of the game is infuriatingly ambiguous , after two hours, the story gets laid out a bit but two hours is no good for today's trends...
    Boring game play, awkward storytelling, same old motion blending, sterile physical destruction. To REMEDY ent:Stop abusing the talents of the artists, visuals and sfx will only get you so far.

No sensible AI
    No captivating story
    Nothing fancy on animations, always the same animations on loops
    No interesting gameplay. same stuff from 15 years ago, the dynamic environments and fancly lightning should not count as "gameplay".

I wont be suprised if Remedy closes its door soon. It s been decade since they released a solid, entertaining gameplay, just the "AW franchise after Mpayne.
  77. Sep 6, 2019
    CONTROL IS OUT OF CONTROL!!! Wow and lets get the little things out of the way first....the frame rate issue and the map taking a little time to display sometimes is such a minor thing that can be easily overlooked. Remedy is working on a patch and once this is fixed the game is a MASTERPIECE!!! This game has elements of a third person Half Life concept with Allan Wake, Max Payne andCONTROL IS OUT OF CONTROL!!! Wow and lets get the little things out of the way first....the frame rate issue and the map taking a little time to display sometimes is such a minor thing that can be easily overlooked. Remedy is working on a patch and once this is fixed the game is a MASTERPIECE!!! This game has elements of a third person Half Life concept with Allan Wake, Max Payne and Quantum Break all in the mix. It took me around an hour to really understand what was going on and then the story just goes somewhere you can't even imagine.... AND THEN IT GOES DEEPER AND DEEPER. BRAVO REMEDY and thank you for giving me this gaming graphical experience! My GOD! Expand
  78. Sep 1, 2019
    The good:
    - Beautiful brutalist level design
    - Interesting story - "Force powers" are fun... for a while The bad: - Slow texture loading / popup - Very bad frame rate, happens very frequently (during combat it can dip below 10 fps!) - Even with the brightness slider set all the way to bright, some areas are incredibly dark, only to absolutely blind you a second later - Mini map
    The good:
    - Beautiful brutalist level design
    - Interesting story
    - "Force powers" are fun... for a while

The bad:
    - Slow texture loading / popup
    - Mini map is badly implemented, and also slow to load
    - Repetitive enemies which all looks kinda the same
  79. Aug 29, 2019
    Just finished the main storyline about an hour ago and here are my thoughts.

Just finished the main storyline about an hour ago and here are my thoughts.

I have to say that I loved every bit of this game. Given there were moments of frustration but only because the game doesn't lend any kind of hand-holding whatsoever. That's a good thing! Almost every kind of game out there right now has some sort of indicator guiding the user through the story and through each objective. This game only offers you a map with a highlighted region of interest. All other sources of information are gathered by story narrative or by the environment. There were many times that I felt true accomplishment when I solved one of the many puzzles in the game. As many of them rely on environmental clues to informer the player.

The environment is very brutalist. The game reminds me of the movie "Beyond The Black Rainbow"; A lot of the colors and simple geometry and futuristic undertones. Its got that same kinda crazy scientist secret government vibe to it as well. The graphics are very impressive, a lot of physics and detailed modeling and lighting throughout. Almost every single frame of this game is picturesque. There were moments of performance dipping but only limited to the menu system when you exit or close the menus. Since 99% of my game existed outside the menu system I feel this a non-issue. Something that will get patched soon I suspect. Being on PC I didn't experience the frame dipping from physics as console players are experiencing(sucks to suck console players ;p ).

I really enjoy games with deep story elements and my goodness this delivers in full. You have lots of really good voice acting and story elements with the main characters but this is a small sliver of the content. Additional story comes in many forms. Littered throughout the levels are all kinds of documents and memos and folders of research that you can pour-over. Additionally, to that, there are audio recording in a kind of Bioshock fashion. But really the best kind of story comes from the these VHS and Reel to Reel live-action recordings. Some, disturbing, and some borderline hilarious productions especially towards the later levels.

I think a lot of players were looking for a Max Payne kindof game from Remedy with all the talk of the combat from other reviews. To me, combat is a nice addition to a game built around a major story experience. I honestly had a lot of fun with the combat. The telekinesis powers grow and become more powerful as you progress and you turn into a master Jedi with a full seat on the council. Once you unlock the Charge gun type you become the infinite rick, a god. Then you really start to push the envelope of the physics and destruction engine this game offers. It has a nice progression that is non-linear, I finished
    the game without unlocking all the powers for instance,

All in all the game is great. It disturbed me, it made me laugh, It left me in awe, and I highly recommend this to someone who is looking for a deep story to get lost in and continue even after the credits roll.

9/10 Good job Remedy(how much acid did you take to make this game?)
  80. Aug 27, 2019
    Remedy never disappoints. Control is so far one of my favorite new games to play this year. I love the challenges and atmosphere Remedy & 505 Games put into the game, that makes the game worth exploring. Beside the few bugs (which can be fix by update) that happens in the game, it doesn’t stop me from enjoying the game, which is a huge plus for me. Control is my first ever game I boughtRemedy never disappoints. Control is so far one of my favorite new games to play this year. I love the challenges and atmosphere Remedy & 505 Games put into the game, that makes the game worth exploring. Beside the few bugs (which can be fix by update) that happens in the game, it doesn’t stop me from enjoying the game, which is a huge plus for me. Control is my first ever game I bought from Remedy and judging from the game and my review, it seems that they got a new fan. Definitely going to check out other big titles by Remedy in the near future. Expand
  81. Aug 27, 2019
    Great game, love to see someone with balls of doing something different and then pull it off like this!
  82. Aug 27, 2019
    Control is definately one of the best games in 2019. The game has excellent graphics and it creates a world having supernatural, weird athmosphere that hooks player for hours. Gameplay is well designed and game controls are easy to learn, which made it easy to step into game. Control offers you a great, fresh and unique game, definately worth of spending some money.
  83. Aug 27, 2019
    So far enjoyed the game a lot! Love the setting and how you can combine the gun play + "superpowers".

P.s. I just have to wonder how people are giving 0-1 reviews either without ever playing the game / just because some one minor thing annoys them.. Or giving 0 on a platform that has nothing to do with the review, e.g. something to do with Epic etc.
  84. Aug 27, 2019
    Невооружённым взглядом видны недостатки по типу слабой постановки роликов, малого количества срежиссерованных геймплейных сцен, слабенького музыкального сопровождения. Однако, всё вытягивают атмосфера, визуальный стиль и сам геймплей. До сайд-квестов ещё не дошёл, открыл только начальные способности. Но всё же... Деньгами студию я поддержал. Надеюсь, что следующий проект будет ещё болееНевооружённым взглядом видны недостатки по типу слабой постановки роликов, малого количества срежиссерованных геймплейных сцен, слабенького музыкального сопровождения. Однако, всё вытягивают атмосфера, визуальный стиль и сам геймплей. До сайд-квестов ещё не дошёл, открыл только начальные способности. Но всё же... Деньгами студию я поддержал. Надеюсь, что следующий проект будет ещё более бомбическим и технологичным. Remedy проделали колоссальную работу. 10 из 10 - миллион баксов мне завезли. Expand
  85. Aug 27, 2019
    Simply extraordinary. A piece of true art. Congratulations to the team on their hard work!
  86. Aug 27, 2019
    If you like Alan wake and Max Payne you should enjoy this game.SIngle player action game with a entertaining story.
  87. Aug 31, 2019
    Since idiots are giving this a 0 I am going to go ahead and give it a 10. It might be a 9 for me so far but I need to help balance the morons. There is no score below a 6 or 7 that anyone can give on this.
  88. Aug 27, 2019
    The game is everything I was hoping for and more. It is truly a unique masterpiece on par with or even better than Alan Wake. The writing, the atmosphere, the plentiful minute details... I knew Remedy would deliver.
  89. Aug 30, 2019
    Control is quite simply the best game Remedy has ever made. The set up of a secret Government office building full of weird stuff that acts as a quasi-Metroidvania of sorts is brilliant and fascinating. The story is a perfect blend of pulp and mystery that is both deeply engaging and straight up fun to explore. Gameplay is about as perfect as a 3rd person Shooter can get. Between aControl is quite simply the best game Remedy has ever made. The set up of a secret Government office building full of weird stuff that acts as a quasi-Metroidvania of sorts is brilliant and fascinating. The story is a perfect blend of pulp and mystery that is both deeply engaging and straight up fun to explore. Gameplay is about as perfect as a 3rd person Shooter can get. Between a Shape-shifting auto-recharging gun and a plethora of powers that are fun and intuitive, you always have an option for any situation. While the story will pull you through the campaign, the side missions and frankly just the weird stuff you find makes exploring practically its own campaign. It’s been a long time since a game has so thoroughly hooked me into its universe and mechanics. I think about it constantly and am constantly surprised. It may have a couple rough edges, especially for original PS4 and Xbox owners, but it is absolutely worth it. Whole-hearted, from the top of my lungs, honest to god, I can’t recommend this game enough. Expand
  90. Aug 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Control is very engaging and interesting game. Interesting story and nice story telling. Gameplay is really smooth and there is a lot to see in the game. Great game! Expand
  91. Aug 27, 2019
    This game had so much potential to be something great, but it is marred by bugs, design choices, and story structure. The first few hours were great, the rest of the game, not so much.

You play Jesse Faden, a woman who is in search of her missing brother. She is led to the FBC which is a secretive government agency which secures, contains and protects against paranormal objects and events. If you have seen the SPC site in the internet, its essentially that. Within 5 minutes of entering the building you are made the director (boss) of the agency and its up to you to find your brother, defeat the paranormal entity infesting the building, and do everything your staff need you to do.

The design of the game is a big letdown. Although the building the game is set in is TARDIS like with unlimited dimensions inside, and with the paranormal objects which fill the game and according to ingame lore can affect their environment, causing new dimensions (thresholds) to appear in the same area. you'd assume this would result in some variety of area design, but no. All areas are just grey concrete filled with desks, and/or pipes. The thresholds you see are limited to putting a few piles of clocks on the floor, or a quarry filled with black rock. Wasted opportunity, as the graphical quality isn't too bad, although more effort is put into flashy dust like effects and debris.

Areas which contain enemies are overly dark, illuminated only by red light as the concrete walls swell and close in. Combine this with enemies who lack discernible differences in appearance except for glowing red spots, and it can be difficult to discern which enemy is which type (necessary for some option missions where you need to kill a certain type), and to determine which is the biggest threat. Combat was generally easy in my experience, only becoming difficult when you get swarmed with shielded regenerating health enemies, or if there was snipers with rocket launcher, for whom you get little warning their homing rockets is coming towards you. You do get the power to convert enemies to your side, but I found the AI lacklustre, as converted suicide bombers just stood pointlessly whilst there is enemies running around them.

Mission structure tends to consist of go to place, find thing but thing isn't there, go somewhere else, find thing and boom, mission done. This becomes incredibly tedious, especially with the obtuse way the story is told to you. Between the story/mission structure and the level design, I was just getting bored.

Actual gameplay is pretty good, with you combining gunplay with powers such as telekinesis and levitation for combat, and with the debris effects it can be really entertaining/ but repetitive, uninspired enemies and level design made this too, become boring and tedious to do the more i played.

I cant really comment on sound design as the soundtrack is subtle in the midst of gameplay, so all I can really say was that it was there, but not good or memorable enough to be remembered.

Playing on a ps4 pro, I experienced numerous frame rate drops, freezing, slow loading textures, and had to reload my save a couple of times as certain mission items would not load in. These issue may be fixed in a future patch, as is the norm these days.

In summary, this game had so much potential to be something amazing, it's a brand new IP with a unique setting and fundamentally good gameplay, but it is let down by a lack of imagination by the developers when it comes to sound, area, mission, story and enemy design. I hope that in the event of a sequel, more effort is given to these aspects and then we may have an amazing series in the future.
  92. Aug 28, 2019
    Honestly it's a really good game. The story is really intriguing to the point, while keeping main characters to a minimum so that they don't get lost in the neither. The gameplay is really fun if while one second your hiding in cover praying that the next rocket doesn't blast you to the last checkpoint , there the next you hucking a fire extinguisher half way across the map at terminalHonestly it's a really good game. The story is really intriguing to the point, while keeping main characters to a minimum so that they don't get lost in the neither. The gameplay is really fun if while one second your hiding in cover praying that the next rocket doesn't blast you to the last checkpoint , there the next you hucking a fire extinguisher half way across the map at terminal velocity into some poor saps body as it flys into another poor saps. People are saying bodies disappear without explanation but that's just false it's explained in the first 20 mins of the game. Alot of these reviews are just angry that it's not cod or the witcher. It's not too budget in nature but definitely an worth it in the end. If your
    edge of buying it just wait for a sale but not a bad game in any sense. I enjoy games with creative forms of story telling and unique gameplay functions so I am biased but only to the extent that I have played many, and I mean many cash grab games so I know that this is one with some heart in its development. Has some lag and frame rate drops when things get too hectic or even just by unpauseing the game which can get annoying,and the enemies do share the same color form through the game. Color is dark and bureaucratic. But I do believe some of this stuff can be resolved in future updates and some were for story design. By far the worst of this game is certainly shown when the frame rates drop this it's is immersion breaking and can lead to a death when in a sever fight against the Hiss. Overall I think it was worth the buy but waiting for a sale isn't the worst option giving it is a single player game that you don't have to worry about competing with other players.
  93. Aug 29, 2019
    mai giocato ad un gioco così bello!!!!!!!!!!! Mi sono attaccato alla console senza riuscire a distogliere lo sguardo
  94. Aug 30, 2019
    Think of twin peaks with oddly enough SCP mix with Remedy's gun play.

7 hours in and I **** love this game. The writing is tight and messes with you, there are some light horror elements with this very engaging narrative. Sam Lake you've done it again holy **** its a good physiological experiences that I can't wait to platinum. I am looking forward the the DLC going for Control. It
    Think of twin peaks with oddly enough SCP mix with Remedy's gun play.

its a good physiological experiences that I can't wait to platinum. I am looking forward the the DLC going for Control. It was worth the 60 bones for me.
  95. Sep 1, 2019
    Amazing game experience .
    Не понимаю хейт вокруг игры, если все дело в оптимизации, то она не критична. Но те кто ноют про серость и сюжет , зачем вы брали игру если вам не нравится такой стиль и тематика?! Мне игра понравилась
  96. Aug 27, 2019
    Game is awesome! Is mysterious triller like Alan Wake but even better. Best game of year 2019 so far.
    Just buy it.
  97. Aug 27, 2019
    This game is GREAT ...GOTY **** WHAT TOPDOG SAID ....Man don’t even game ......back tracking was brilliant ......Remedy really goat for this game
  98. Sep 17, 2019
    Disappointing.

Disappointing.

The story was incredibly weak. They throw you into a weird, unfamiliar world and give you little to no explanation for what's going on- the characters all know what's happening, but they never coherently, concisely explain it or tie it together for the audience. They jump right into this stuff about reality and superpowers and they just- they genuinely do not explain it in any meaningful way. It's like they were trying to be complicated for the sake of being "~deep~" and complicated. I didn't even know this was supposed to be a dystopian setting until I happened on a summary for the game.

Characters were weak, even Jesse. I just didn't connect with her; she jumps into this weird nonsense and doesn't even blink at it- and I'll grant you she has Polaris, but a LOT of weird stuff happens and she just... Doesn't react. At all. There's little to no range from her; it's Sinking City all over again where a developer thinks "Noir-style Detective" means "boring, unemotive character".

Let me put it this way: Alan Wake, yeah? Normal guy, goes to a spooky town with his wife, and some weird stuff starts happening. Not only does he react fairly appropriately for a guy in that situation, but he also acts as an audience surrogate: We learn as he learns, and this is an effective tool for immersing us in the story.

Control does not do this. It gives us a confusing nightmare of a story full of rambling topics that make little to no sense, and we get a main character whose reaction to this is a deadpan understanding and requires little to no explanation. So how the HELL are we, as the audience, supposed to connect with her and the story? How are we supposed to be immersed in something we can't understand and the main character already KNOWS and doesn't need explained?

It wasn't good.

Gameplay was okay. The map system is completely screwed, though: It is nigh impossible to tell where you are because the map only has one layer; if you go downstairs, there's no indicator that you're on a different floor and it gets confusing quickly. Also, the save-points were a royal nightmare; it's one of THOSE games where it takes you FOREVER to get to a boss-fight, and then you die, and then you get to spend twenty-minutes hiking back across the map so you can- you know- die again.

And again. And again. And AGAIN.

I'm disappointed. I was actually really looking forward to this game and it just went south immediately.

ETA: Another fun note: Advancing your health, your shield ability? It does nothing. Enemies can still take off a ridiculous chunk of your health no matter what you have equipped, no matter how well you've upgraded yourself. It makes pretty much zero difference, except that it makes losing a boss battle and having to hike back to it to try AGAIN that much more infuriating.

I've downgraded my rating; this may be the first video game that I actively HATE.
  99. Aug 29, 2019
    About 6 hours in and I think I'm ready to give up. The first few hours were engaging but once it opens up and makes you rely on the map the whole game crumbles. I can't remember the last time I've played a AAA game with a more confusing navigation system than Control. The setting and atmosphere is unique but you'll be spending most your time traversing with the map up which obstructs 80%About 6 hours in and I think I'm ready to give up. The first few hours were engaging but once it opens up and makes you rely on the map the whole game crumbles. I can't remember the last time I've played a AAA game with a more confusing navigation system than Control. The setting and atmosphere is unique but you'll be spending most your time traversing with the map up which obstructs 80% of your screen. You'll also be lucky if the map is even working properly. Every time I die and load a save it takes 5 minutes for the map to properly show up which leaves you clueless. The games actual combat system is very fluid and when the game allows itself it can be really fun. It's a shame that what could have been remedy's best work was ruined by confusing level design and bad Expand
  100. Aug 31, 2019
    Nintendo fanboys review-bombing multiplatform video game... lmaoooooooooooo

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Sep 25, 2019
    Impactful gunplay bolstered by a telekinetic twist, and a mystery you’ll be turning over for a long time afterwards. Welcome to the Oldest House, Director. [Issue#167, p.79]
  2. Sep 18, 2019
    The writing, direction, and performances are consistently brilliant. This is Remedy at the peak of its game. Control feels like a company rediscovering itself, waking from a long slumber. Remedy’s legs work as intended once more, the vestiges of sleep paralysis a distant memory.
  3. Sep 17, 2019
    I don’t want to use the word masterpiece lightly, but what else do you call the combination of gleefully chaotic gameplay with earnest storytelling in a setting as refreshingly unique as Bioshock? What else do you call a combat system that goes so far beyond the simple act of shooting a gun without drilling down into a set of intricate menus and complicated controls? What else do you call darkly malevolent horror that doesn’t feel like it was cribbed from someplace else? What else do you call the crowning achievement of a studio with a unique voice, an uneven track record, and 25 years of experience? If there’s a better word to describe what Remedy has achieved with Control, I can’t think of it.