6.5

1. Jun 26, 2019
    So this game is great but it feels so short, I beat it in a day but I had a really fun time doing it but you should most likely play on medium but even then it's a tad to hard but I also feel like the battle mode is great and on the same level as Mario kart 8 deluxe
  2. Jun 21, 2019
    Everything is perfect, but one thing. The controls. The kart behaves differently in this game, compared to the original. Collisions are different now, and often puts the cart to full stop when it should not, etc. Sliding and boosting feels very similar, but angels limits are different, and over all speed is faster now. I would prefer the exact controls as the original, they should haveEverything is perfect, but one thing. The controls. The kart behaves differently in this game, compared to the original. Collisions are different now, and often puts the cart to full stop when it should not, etc. Sliding and boosting feels very similar, but angels limits are different, and over all speed is faster now. I would prefer the exact controls as the original, they should have feed the same input to both games and compare behavior. Besides the slight differences, the game is perfect. But it really ruining it for me, I'm a hard core player and know the original down to the smallest detail, and all I hoped for was the controls to be identical. Don't care too much about graphics, but they spend a lot of time on graphics, it's a pretty game. But identical controls and 60fps should be first priority. But again, if you are a casual player, everything might be perfect for you. I'll give it 6/10 because of:
    -Controls are off compared to original
    -60pfs are more important than pretty graphics
  3. Jul 22, 2019
    To be honest with you everything except the controls are fantastic but the drifting just never worked for me so if other people like it okay but honestly this game just left me wanting to play mario kart instead
  4. Jul 8, 2019
    CTR (1999) is my favorite racing game.

Nitro-Fueled is a nice remake with amazing graphics, but there's a big problem: with each track comes a different level of AI difficulty, so that means although I picked Medium difficulty, I'm going to have to face Hard AI on some tracks and you can feel that in the game with Tiny's Arena, Sky balloon track, and more. There should be a
    CTR (1999) is my favorite racing game.

There should be a consistent level of AI throughout each track, I picked Medium because I want to play Medium, not Hard difficulty and I had no problem with old CTR's medium and hard mode, but this was tweaked to a bad level so I dock -2 points for this, and an additional -1 for bugs and save corruption not being fixed.
  5. Jul 14, 2019
    Gameplay 2/2
    Music 1/2
    Story 1/2
    Graphic 1/2
    Characters design 2/2
    Good game
  6. Jun 29, 2019
    all my childhood memories are here, absolutely stunning graphics and also all the original characters
  7. Jun 22, 2019
    Hell of a game! tough as nails and very exiting, just like the old days. However, the biggest reason I bought it was for the online multiplayer, an as of now, June 22 2019, that sh!t is completely broken !! Off all the times I have tried the multiplayer 2/3 the freaking game crashed and the other 1/3 took for years to find a lobby. Come on Crash, you are better than this.
  8. Jun 21, 2019
    A cheap rip off to Mario kart, need to start there own rather than copy off other.
  9. Jul 31, 2019
    Activision brings back another title from the past with the help of Beenox Studios development creating the original trilogy of the spin off racing games for the action platformer Crash Bandicoot, enter Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, the next nostalgia title that i will stop playing after a few days.

the gameplay is back and better than ever, the graphics are polsihed and colourful, the soundtrack is a nice edition and the roster is filled to the brim with mainstage heroes, villians and other less known characters, but that's where i fall off, my disinterest is not because its a bad game per say, its just that, i played this when i was much younger, its been more than a decade since i played the original games and it was very much the same game back then as it is now, i lacked the knowledge of whats considered a great title and now i look at my library and see so many other games that interest me so much more.

when Naughty Dog made the original Crash games, they were aiming for a specific age group, they grew up and now Naughty Dog are making games for that same group, i'm never buying a remake ever again.

(not gonna mention the micro-transactions, i don't play the game anymore)
  10. Jul 27, 2019
    Im really enjoying this game but theres few misssteps in this game. I'll start obviously with the pros:
    -Graphically the game is well done , tracks , characters and story mode are truthful to the original with a brand new, colorful and good looking graphics.
    - the costumization is somewhat deep, with alot of karts, skins, paints and so on. - Adding all CTR NK tracks was the best idea to
    - Adding all CTR NK tracks was the best idea to have more tracks, and are also well done and designed.
    - 10/10 Nostalgia feels.
    BUT
    here's all the cons from a advanced player prospective:
    -physics obv are different, and so are jumps, collisions, hitboxes and so on. I know that is likely hard to keep everything like the original, this is a minor con and you have to get used to it.
    - Some tracks have a really BAD collisions or poor design decision like the Sewer track where you can hit the pipes at the sealings if you jump too high or going too fast; also the shortcut is really buggy.
    - We're in 2019 now, I dont like the idea characters are stricked to default stats... Id love to play other characters but their stats are very bad and Im used to advanced chars... Id like to play Tawna with the same feeling I'm playing Ami, Crunch and Peta Penguin.. So make the player decide with stats preset use for each character.
    - ONLINE EXPERIENCE IS KINDA BAD. Lag because this game is based on P2P and to avoid having too much lag, the matchmaker looks for players near you, physically. Lobby crashes too often. Items , weapons and so powerup need a whole rebalance because at their state, theyr good only for single player and with other 3 players locally. Having 8 players spamming stuff is tremendously annoying.
    - So no skilled based matchmaking, If youre really good at the game, you're gonna win very easily and casual ppl will eventually quit the lobby(MAKE A SKILL BASED MM, REMOVE THAT P2P CRAP).
    - And finally, I dont like the way the gran prix is introduced. At first I was very excited but soon i realised that is just a way to grind ALOT to get all the rewards and even its leaderboard is based on GRINDING and not rewarding the player skill. I know why they do that: they did it because otherwise most casual players might abandon the game too soon by the frustration on not feeling accomplished to get the unlockables or simply the gran prix top 5% reward. IMO they should introduce a ranked sort of system where if you dont get atleast 4th place, youll lose trophies, making a more competitive grand prix and not a grinding fiesta.

Overall the game is well executed , brings back the nostalgia and adventure mode is very enjoyable, but the online experience is too damn bad and also for time trial leaderboards, fix those goddamn glitches wich makes you finish the race in less than 30 seconds!!! WTH BEENOX, WTH ACTIVISION
  11. Aug 9, 2019
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    More like Micro Transaction Fueled
    I was a playstation kid, but I still managed to never play the original crash team racing So I have going for me what most playing this game don’t… The lack of nostalgia blinding me for what this game ultimately is.. Crash Team Racing is an okay kart racer with greed killing its ultimate fun factor. Im a huge fan of
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    More like Micro Transaction Fueled
    So I have going for me what most playing this game don’t…
    The lack of nostalgia blinding me for what this game ultimately is..
    Im a huge fan of kart racers, im a huge fan of crashbandicoot, so I want into this game wanting to love it..
    Ive heard so many good things about the original, so much so that I bought thep laystation classic version to one day play it, only for months later get smacked with the announcement that rthey are remaking the original much like the crash collection…
    And quite frankly this should’ve been included in that collection, because by itself its not special enough in present day 2019 to justify a standalone release.
    The tracks are boring, the racing is slow, the pick ups are lame, the adventure mode takes a measly 3 hours to complete, and everything is hidden behind a pay wall…
    Kart racers I get are meant to play over and over, do chllenges, unlock characters and skins, but greed got in the way of nitro fueled…
    the tiniest unlockable like a wheel or color scheme takes a ridiculous amount of coin to unlock for how little you earn from completing races… killing the potential hook of racing over and over, doing all of the challenges to get that quick rewarding feeling of progress,Oddly enough this is my biggest gripe with this game..
    I may not have the rose tinted glasses everyone else has, but I can be forgiving when it comes to this game feeling dated… it’s a remake of a 20 year old game… its okay that the control scheme feels unintuitive, its okay that the tracks aren’t spectacular.. because back in the day these tracks were full of life, the control scheme was perfect… its sad to me that the modern day aspects actually take away from the potential greatness of this game.
    I want to earn my characters and gear,
    I don’t want to pay for them, and I don’t want to grind for them.
    But that’s the reality of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.
    Youre rewarded at a slow pace playing a dated kart racer to try and force money from your wallets.
    I don’t have the nostalgia whispering in my ear telling me the sweet lies of this is the greatest kart racer of all time.
    The racing, the tracks, none of it could keep my attention barely long enough to get through the 3 hour campaign let alone grind for hours to get a new paint job.
    There is some positive here though, this is a beautiful remake of a playstation one game, the tracks look beautiful…
    Im so happy that the campaign manages to keep them fresh throughout, rarely repeating aside from boss battles as you prove yourself to be the fastest racer in the world…
    I do wish however you chould change the difficutly settings mid adventure instead of having to start a new one completely…
    Or better yet, have the difficulty of the races increase as the campaign goes on, rather than set every race as either easy medium or hard and deal with that throughout the entire 3 hours.
    This keeps the campaign feeling stale and flat, instead of exciting and challenging.
    I would love to see crash come back with a crash 4, and this team tackle an activision kart racer with the knowledge obtioned by going back and playing with these classics…
    And while doing this.. seeing the flaws, seeing where they can improve instead of pretending they are perfect like everyone else does
    I give Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    a 6/10
  12. Aug 17, 2019
    Despite being clearly well-made, as it looks fantastic, Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is simply too difficult to be enjoyed by the casual gamer. The lack of a proper tutorial also doesn't really help when the gameplay requires complete concentration and skill at all times - meaning that you could be grinding for hours before you get the hang of the basics. My hands hurt after playing forDespite being clearly well-made, as it looks fantastic, Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is simply too difficult to be enjoyed by the casual gamer. The lack of a proper tutorial also doesn't really help when the gameplay requires complete concentration and skill at all times - meaning that you could be grinding for hours before you get the hang of the basics. My hands hurt after playing for only half an hour! Expand
  13. Aug 6, 2019
    Bought it since I've never played it all 20 years ago and just for the story mode which was a lot of fun and pretty challenging. It is a great remake of a classic, but I have to give it a 6 out of 10 just because of Activision shoving in microtransactions weeks after launch. Was interested in playing this game online, but now I clearly see a reason not to get involved. It's such a shame.

1. Aug 20, 2019
    Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is just about perfect at what it’s trying to do. The redone adventure mode is a blast minus the grind required to get coins to unlock stuff, and the core gameplay has been refined. This results in the best-playing Crash racing game ever and yet another top-shelf kart racer. Right now, the genre is as big as it’s been in 20 years, with Sonic, Mario, and Crash all competing at stores and the best thing for players is that you can’t go wrong with any of them. Crash offers up a tremendous game overall and it’s definitely an experience I would put above Team Sonic Racing, but ever so slightly behind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
  2. Aug 13, 2019
    Crash Bandicoot and company return to the track driving their karts, now completely remodeled and ready to compete in the current generation of consoles. A title a little demanding but very beautiful, totally recommended to play with friends and relive those wonderful moments of our childhood.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Aug 2, 2019
    Nominally it’s a remake of the very first Crash Bandicoot racing game, but there’s plethora of content from its sequels, including characters and race tracks. [Issue#239, p.70]