7.3

1. May 15, 2019
    So dark... Damn. The game, actually, brings you to a state of primal fear. There are no many screamers, no, there is only a dark, endless forest. And the creatures that inhabit it and want your death. Enjoy.
  2. May 16, 2019
    You don't know the true meaning of 'horror' until you have played Darkwood.
  3. May 16, 2019
    You.... I see you, you don't think I can but I can see you. Do not worry, your efforts are futile.
  4. May 18, 2019
    Fun horror game that utilises a different perspecific than most. Like all good thiller games you begin terrified of the everything in the world but by the end your much more comfortable and feel a great sense of progression. Combat can take a little get used to, you need to learn your weapons and eminems attack speed etc. Resource management and being prepared is a big key to survival.Fun horror game that utilises a different perspecific than most. Like all good thiller games you begin terrified of the everything in the world but by the end your much more comfortable and feel a great sense of progression. Combat can take a little get used to, you need to learn your weapons and eminems attack speed etc. Resource management and being prepared is a big key to survival. Surviving at night can be a little difficult in the beginning but for me got easier closer to the end (pro tip place traps behind doors - traps are great for night survival, just dont run into your own traps!) Pretty cool story, extremely interesting characters and art, I wish the story went for a tad bit longer but for $20 its definitely long enough (took me about 12-15 hours to beat and I didnt explore everything) Overall a dam solid experience from such a new small dev team. Definitely one to take your time with. Expand
  5. May 22, 2019
    An excellent dark game that constantly keeps you on the edge of your seat. I love it. :)

1. May 23, 2019
    Darkwood is a very good survival-horror that feels like a mix of Don't Starve and This War of Mine with a very dark atmosphere. Moreover, the weakness of our character adds to the fear as death is always lurking around.
  2. May 23, 2019
    Its steep learning curve, oppressive atmosphere and often frustrating control scheme make sure Darkwood isn't an experience everyone will enjoy. However, if you are a fan of indie horror titles that have the power to chill you to the core, you may just have found what you didn't know you were looking for.
  3. May 23, 2019
    Darkwood is a challenging and rewarding horror game that will test even the hardcore survival horror buff. The gameplay loop of finding new and better resources by day and fending off horrifying creatures by night is surprisingly addictive. It hardly ever holds your hand and encourages experimentation and exploration of its atmospheric and haunting world. There’s even an engaging narrative with branching paths with plenty of payoffs too. There’s no denying it isn’t the most accessible of games, but if you stick with it, Darkwood is a shining light in an otherwise niche genre.