5.7

1. Mar 3, 2018
    De Blob 2
    A mix of good changes and bad
    de Blob 2 continues the story of Blob, who sets out to bring color and life back to the cityscape This games improves on the pacing of the first game but still fails to do anything interesting with its mechanic. This is a 10 hour long puzzle platformer that can be played single player or coop all about collecting colors and bringing life to the
    De Blob 2
    A mix of good changes and bad
    This games improves on the pacing of the first game
    but still fails to do anything interesting with its mechanic.
    This is a 10 hour long puzzle platformer that can be played single player or coop all about collecting colors and bringing life to the world,
    Though De blob 2 is much less tedious than the first..
    No longer is it about reaching point goals, trying to paint every last section of a level and going to different characters for tasks to move on..
    Its much more linear feeling.. its very straight forward, go to the mission spot, complete the mission and go forward..
    Much less thinking this time as well which kills this game for me..
    I didn’t like the slow pace of the original ,but it at least made me strategize and plan..
    Theres none of that here…
    its more platforming focused, youll mostly be climbing towers and getting to the top dealing with enemies and making sure you have enough of a certain color to go inside and deal with another change im not really a fan of.. a 2d puzzle platformer section of dealing with obstacles trying to again take your paint from you while youre trying to make it to a button with a certain color…
    De Blob 2 just doesn’t do enough different throughout your journey..
    It becomes a boring chore after only a couple of hours much like the first game..
    its just the same tedious missions over and over…
    The level design which I appreciate for the games pacing ultimately doesn’t improve this game in any other aspect..
    Its dul boring, and a repeat of the same objective climb this building, go inside and deal with these obstacles for 45 minites to an hr and a half to move onto the next section of the city and do it all over again kills the design… its designed to pull you along through the levels.. but theres so much rinse repeat of the same thing crammed into each level that it starts to feel slower than the first game
    it starts out promising with its turoial wanting you to bring color to the trees to move on through a cave section for example..
    And I really with this game was just 6 hours of that..
    Throw my into an area to color certain items and move on, take me through a colorful and charming adventure.. but no
    Back are the ink enemies trying to ruin your day, much less fun to deal with because this game does feel like such a chore theyre really just a nussance extending your play tiem and threatening you with losing all of your lives and restarting a challenge…
    I really like the idea of de Blob as a series..
    A 3d platofmrer where you collect colors and bring life to the world..
    give us this in a way that doesn’t feel like a chore.. give us a Mario galaxy styled game with these mechanics for de blob 3
    The potential is there, this game does things like gravity, different forms, ice sections.
    Deliver your ideas in a creative way that doesn’t feel like a tedious grind.
    Because that’s all this game really is
    Make me feel like im bringing life to the world like in folower instead of like im 7 years old being made to clean my room
    I give de blob 2
    a 5/10

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 15, 2018
    It’s not going to knock your socks off with its narrative, and it doesn’t have terribly deep gameplay, but it’s a great way to spend an afternoon with your kid, and the kind of game you can let them play without worrying about the content.
  2. Mar 21, 2018
    The Blob 2 will show how you can change a grey world into a world full of color. It is awesome to see how you actions affect the world. But after playing the game once and for several hours, you will see that it is in need of more variation in gameplay.
  3. Mar 9, 2018
    This remaster of the original title proves its point: de Blob 2 can still be relevant and fun to play in 2018. While it is certainly not a must have or a perfect game, it has its charm. A very good choice for the kids at home, since it has this feel of being some sort of "my first platformer game".