7.6

1. Jun 19, 2020
    Wait for a sale with this one. The games graphics are lacking and can use improvement also.
  2. Jun 25, 2020
    Desperados III
    Guarded Fun
    Desperados 3 is a story driven real time tactical stealth game set in the wild west where you play as a variety of characters all with their own unique abilities to help you obtain a goal whether that’s gaining dynamite or killing targets… Desperados III in a way is a top down assassins creed meets hitman, youre set in one large open map per level, each map
    Desperados III
    Guarded Fun
    Desperados III in a way is a top down assassins creed meets hitman, youre set in one large open map per level, each map taking anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours to complete depending on your trial and error… so there is potential for easily 20 hours of gameplay here, especially if you set out to complete each mission challenges.
    At the beginning of each level youre given the goal and then the game lets you lose, figure it out… you have your characters, you have their abilities, use their abilities to accomplish the goal…
    At first desperados 3 feels overwhelming, constant tutorials, new mechanics to learn, but once I got the hang of it, I really started to enjoy this game.. im a huge fan of assassins creed so I love to dabble in stealth games from time to time.. distracting guards and setting up kills, hiding in bushes and executing ambushes.. quicksaving anytimei felt I made hefty progress or just incase I mess up a set up… and theres a new mechanic called showdown where you can pause the game and indivually input camands to your characters and with the press of a button execute the plan..
    Desperados 3 has everything going for it to be one of the best and most fun stealth games ever.. the variety of characters, all having great personalities, great level design and world building.. interactive items in the world like hitman that you wait for just the right moment to pull off… BUT
    Desperados 3 desperately tries to challenge you in an annoying way rather than an enjoyable way.. this is another instance of hard for the sake of being.. this is annoying hard not challenging hard
    My biggest gripe with desperados 3 is that it gives you so much to have fun with but it doesn’t want you having fun at all… it advertises itself as go in quiet or loud, good luck… the moment youre spotted youre swarmed like a piece of cake on an ant hill, being spotted is a sure death sentence on any difficulty…
    which is fine I respect force stealth.. if its fair.. the stealth in desperados 3 however is not fair.. its unrealistic and annoying.. every guard has 2 eyes on them and those 2 eyes have another 4 eyes on them and those 4 eyes have 6 eyes on them, its constant cones on all directions, making a game about picking bodies off one by one - about getting lucky, getting in a ranged kill and running and hiding until the heat is off.. its ridiculously unfair how many enemies are thrown at you on these maps, and to make it worse when guards are alarmed it isn’t enough for enemies from the map to come check things out, the game spawn even more onto the map for that area, I didn’t feel as though I was completing levels with skill, I felt I was getting through with luck… how is there a sniper watching a sniper… this is there simply because the player sees an opportunity to sneak to a sniper and use an environmental kill.. but you have a sniper watching the sniper just incase that sniper gets taken out? Hes just there to be annoying, no reason other than that.. and this is how the game feels from start to finish.. sneaking up behind someone to take them out, only for someone at a different angle to be warking towards you while the other 2 characters guarding that angle is leaving… again urning this into a game of luck rather than a bunch of dumb stealth fun…
    Desperados 3 has potential… it has so much good going for it.. but the insistence on challenging the player rather than creating an enjoyable puzzle to solve squanders that potential.
    I give Desperados 3
    a 7/10
  3. Jun 22, 2020
    Good storytelling, but the gameplay gets boring in the middle of the game and this is not good
  4. Jun 21, 2020
    A game in the style of the old commandos franchise. Older players will know it and i guess love it if they like the wild west setting.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 29, 2020
    If you have the means, do yourself a favor and play Desperados III on the PC. If you don't, the PS4 version is a deserving alternative that isn't as great to control but makes the right compromises to work with the limited input options. The rest of the game is excellent, no matter what platform you choose. It's a challenging title that isn't afraid to frustrate or overwhelm you, and that can sometimes sour the otherwise excellent gameplay. If you have thick skin and an unquenched desire to solve stealth puzzles in the Wild West, Desperados III is the best real-time tactical stealth game that I have played in a long, long time.
  2. Jul 20, 2020
    Desperadoes III is a highly-addictive and engaging real-time tactics game that offers endlessly satisfying experimentation and replay value.
  3. Jul 3, 2020
    While it may not be for everyone, I encourage those who are frustrated to mess with things first before giving up on it entirely, as it’s an excellent example of a game you should give time to gestate.