- Summary: To battle the Darkness and the Taken army, players get brand new subclasses with new supers. Warlocks now harness the power of an electric storm, Hunters carve a bow formed from gravitational void energy, and Titans summon a flaming hammer that can sear their adversaries from a range orTo battle the Darkness and the Taken army, players get brand new subclasses with new supers. Warlocks now harness the power of an electric storm, Hunters carve a bow formed from gravitational void energy, and Titans summon a flaming hammer that can sear their adversaries from a range or deliver a devastating melee impact.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Destiny: The Taken King Prologue Cinematic
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Dec 3, 2015The Taken King addition corrects majority of errors that Destiny had from the beginning and finally brings a larger portion of the story and lot of new content to explore. [Issue#258]
Playstation Official Magazine UKOct 28, 2015The Taken King is a bold, brilliant expansion that brings out Destiny's true potential. It's pricier than I'd have liked, but still a massive new adventure whether you're a newbie or a veteran Guardian. [Dec 2015, p.92]
Sep 21, 2015It’s more of the Destiny that the fans love, with enough tweaks to keep them grinding for hundreds more hours to come. This is the game that Destiny should have released as, and there’s no doubt that people jumping into it for the first time are getting a great game, and a lot of it at that for a lovely low price, while dedicated players will enjoy themselves immensely while nursing their poor wallets back to health.
Oct 2, 2015It doesn’t fix everything that was wrong with Destiny, but The Taken King does enough in all the right places to make it a highly enjoyable FPS experience overall. A renewed focus on narrative and a streamlined progression system helps to push Destiny in the direction it should have been heading all along.
Oct 25, 2015I didnt play this game last year, i bought it in september 2015 with all expansions/dlcs. And i must say- this game is fantastic. I dont evenI didnt play this game last year, i bought it in september 2015 with all expansions/dlcs. And i must say- this game is fantastic. I dont even like mmo and grind games, but this somehow is addicting i cant stop playing it. Hell, this year i even like it more than Witcher 3 or MGS5. Totally Game of the year for me.
I can understand anger of gamers who bought vanilla for 60$ and now have to pay again 40$ for expansion, but for me as a new player it was fantastic deal.
The only flaw i can see in this game is that not all activities have matchmaking, and because i dont have friends who have PS4 and play Destiny i cant do raids or arenas. And world could be bigger, after a while you just grind in places you know.
But besides that- perfect game, shooting mechanics, the loot, beautiful graphics, everything is awesome here. Play it if you havent already.… Expand
Oct 5, 2015This game makes me cummm all over the place. bungie, have my babies. this game is that awesome. i highly recommend it now. buy it or elseThis game makes me cummm all over the place. bungie, have my babies. this game is that awesome. i highly recommend it now. buy it or else youll be missing out… Expand
Sep 15, 2015The story is a lot more coherent now and has humor too. Really enjoyed playing this. It really seems to be a lot more self-aware than any ofThe story is a lot more coherent now and has humor too. Really enjoyed playing this. It really seems to be a lot more self-aware than any of the previous DLCs.
Nathan Fillion helped Bungie knock this one out of the park!… Expand
Sep 15, 2015PLEASE READ, REAL REVIEW, NOT SOME BUTTHURT FAN!
As a day one player, i have had my phases where I stop playing because the game gets a bitPLEASE READ, REAL REVIEW, NOT SOME BUTTHURT FAN!
As a day one player, i have had my phases where I stop playing because the game gets a bit repetitive, but the taken king is a breath of fresh air. The taken king meets its core player half way with an actual story, great new gear and weapons, rewarding those who grind away, and much needed balance to the weapons system. As much as i love the new much awaited dlc, its not exactly perfect. Some areas are reused and for the price tag of 40 dollars i would like to expect completely new areas, if you plan correctly you can reach its new level cap in a matter of minutes which kinda defeats the purpose of the gameplay imo, and you cant help but feel that this should have have been the complete from day one.
Worth the buy if dedicated fan
great weapon and amor system
grinding is more rewarding
meeting demands to current fanbase
Visuals are awesome
about an additional 7-10 hours of additional gameplay
a more balanced game
year 1 exotics nerf
price of dlc of important content that should have been added since day one
reuse of same areas
price of dlc for year one players total $160 spent with tax
Overall a great buy and fun game.… Expand
Sep 15, 2015Average at best. Bungie sold their souls to Activision after working so hard to get away from Microsoft. This is what happens when you signAverage at best. Bungie sold their souls to Activision after working so hard to get away from Microsoft. This is what happens when you sign creative control over a game to a board of directors. As far as the game itself goes? For me it is a solid 5/10. Reused assets, incoherent and terrible script. Solid shooting, but that will only take you so far .… Expand
Sep 17, 2015So far, not at all worth the $40 price. Trying to keep this objective: The game with the Taken King "expansion" does not live up to theSo far, not at all worth the $40 price. Trying to keep this objective: The game with the Taken King "expansion" does not live up to the expectations.
- Depending on the player, the new story missions and Strikes can be very quick to complete. If you are a new player, you can start with the original story and the stories from the Dark Below and House of Wolves dlcs, which will add to the play time, but it is still a short campaign with a mediocre, unengaging story. If you are a fan of games with a long and/or interesting storyline, I would recommend skipping Destiny altogether.
- Bungie hyped strike-exclusive armor in their Twitch live stream: Only 3 pieces of armor per class across all Strikes. Similarly, preorder bonuses for the game were weak, "Uncommon" tier weapons, which is disappointing.
- More content/activities have been taken away from the game than was added; this is not an expansion of the game. If you are buying the Collectors edition, or any other edition which bundles TTK with the base game, TDB and HOW dlcs, you are not receiving your money's worth, because all content previous to TTK is irrelevant now. Similarly, if you are a PVP player, be forewarned that without the Taken King, your options for PVP game modes has been severely reduced from what existed only a few weeks ago. On another note, the PVP activities are poorly balanced, with some weapon types and character classes being vastly superior to the others. Bungie has done nearly nothing to alleviate these problems.
- Poor communication: across all sources, Bungie has failed to adequately communicate with the players and community, often providing misleading teaser information that ends up being a negative change. This has been a problem since the beginning, and will continue for the forseeable future.
- You will need to be very careful about how you order the DLCs: With the Taken King dlc, you will not be able to play it on another account on same PlayStation, XBox, etc., and all previous DLCs _must_ be downloaded by the same PSN ID/Xbox ID as Taken King. Numerous people have been reporting issues with this, without any response from Bungie.
- Nolan North: minor annoyance, but the new voice actor for the Ghost (a little companion which tells the "story" of Destiny) is incredibly annoying.
Thanks for reading :)
~ Atomkinder… Expand
Apr 4, 2017i never liked destiny when it first came out, but the hype before actually having the game was really high. The story was lame, thei never liked destiny when it first came out, but the hype before actually having the game was really high. The story was lame, the multiplayer was ok and the shooting mechanics was all it was worth. then they gave extra lame content with the promise of giving new fun stuff in the near future. And now that i've played the taken king i can say nothing has changed and that this game is the same crap. Please bungie stop ripping us off asking us to buy something that could've been included in the original game.… Expand
- (1 view)
Published: September 7, 2015Get details on this fall's most anticipated game releases, including Halo 5, Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and much more.