8.4

1. Mar 8, 2019
    this game is absolutely worth to wait about 10 years for DMC fans
    all lovely characters are back in this amazing sequel
    dmc 5 hack and slash gameplay is about perfection musics are great and motived you to kill all demons with out mercy and sometimes make you crazy graphics in console is unbelievable with stable 60 frame rate 10 from 10 but about cons three playable
    this game is absolutely worth to wait about 10 years for DMC fans
    all lovely characters are back in this amazing sequel
    dmc 5 hack and slash gameplay is about perfection

graphics in console is unbelievable with stable 60 frame rate

10 from 10

but about cons
    three playable character is a little more than enough for about 15 hours gameplay
  2. Mar 10, 2019
    Hideaki Itsuno has been the director to some of my favorite games for so many years and i dont hear his name anywhere, Dragons Dogma, Rival Schools and Now Devil May Cry 5. He is so underrated and should be recognize for his amazing achievements with this and other games. As soon as Nero starting riding his arm during gameplay i knew this would be an amazing game. The characters old andHideaki Itsuno has been the director to some of my favorite games for so many years and i dont hear his name anywhere, Dragons Dogma, Rival Schools and Now Devil May Cry 5. He is so underrated and should be recognize for his amazing achievements with this and other games. As soon as Nero starting riding his arm during gameplay i knew this would be an amazing game. The characters old and new were great, very fun and satisfying story, amazing combat and animation. The best visuals and ingame cutscenes i feel i have seen in a game so far. woman that are actually sexy and still bad ass (shocking right? smh). The only bad part is the obvious censorship on the PS4 version, i had to take a point off for that. This a mature game and it should not be censored, please patch it so that it is like all of the consoles. That said I Cant wait to see what is next, hopefully some Virgil DLC. As far as for Hideaki i really hope after this success you get the recognition you deserve and can create something brand new or dragons dogma 2. Expand
  3. Mar 8, 2019
    Everything is great except the last boss fights. I think that in last games boss fights were more juicy and epic.
  4. Mar 12, 2019
    ну что же, спустя 11 лет выходит это чудо, и, как поется в песне "pull my devil trigger".
    геймплей восхитителен, графика топовая, звуки и музыка невероятны. давно не было такого годного слэшера. Капкомы я вас обожаю. Из года в год задают планку игроделам. Мое уважение!
  5. Mar 16, 2019
    ok, so i will say this game has a very small ammount of problems such as loading times, how mission selection is handled, and how some things are a little annoying to deal with BUT each character offers different things to do, and cool new ideas
    i do not understand the redicoules reviews some ppl here put out but the game is worth the price and offers a good ammount of fun and entertainment.
    as for each character

Nero
    after playing dmc 4 just before i think he becamse more interesting and more like dante
    he has more mobility, utility and got actuall upgrades and new *weapons*
    his devil bringer is still somewhat in the game with the buster arm, however its i guess less then before.
    his gun is better then most guns have ever been, basic shots do alot of damage, the charge is usefull the overcharges are extremely strong and its a good tool to crowd controll
    the sword feels overall weaker a long as you do not use exceed, once you do though it is like before

nero has alot of jumps btw, 3 jumps, with one of the arms he can jump like 2-3 more times or so i dont know if that has an actuall maximum and depending on the circumstances that goes up even more due to fighting and the bringer

Dante
    is more fluid then ever, strong, has alot of variety, his swords are amazing, his gauntlet this time is AMAZING beowulf gilgamesh and others have been very static and have fixed movements, but balrog is very flexible, and just amazing to use, also it talks...
    his abilitys are fun and i dont know his styles feel better to use... cant rly pin it

V
    fun but a bit spammy, once you have a fight that goes youre way he is incredibly fun and rewarding, especially figuring out how to save youre familiars from death and jugling dodges with attacks
    his dt is a bit... weard? its more a tank and bullet sponge then anything else but well
  6. Mar 12, 2019
    DMC5 is not only a return to form for action games but pushes the boundaries of what an action game should be. The more you put into the game, the more you get out and with a combat system this refined, I'll be coming back to this game for years.
  7. Mar 13, 2019
    amazing sequel
    the combat already upgraded so much from the previous game
    this is truly the fan service for DMC fans
  8. Mar 11, 2019
    I'm no DMC or action game expert (you can read other reviews for more informed opinions comparing this with prior titles in the series - some of those reviews are very good and accurate), but so far this game is a lot of fun. The graphics, sound, presentation, cutscenes, voice acting, menus, and extras are all top-notch. Really a huge difference to my other recent purchase, Dear or AliveI'm no DMC or action game expert (you can read other reviews for more informed opinions comparing this with prior titles in the series - some of those reviews are very good and accurate), but so far this game is a lot of fun. The graphics, sound, presentation, cutscenes, voice acting, menus, and extras are all top-notch. Really a huge difference to my other recent purchase, Dear or Alive 6, which was extremely bare-bones compared with this. You can tell real love and care has been put into this game. There'a a helpful video included which details the story from the previous DMC games (although YouTube retrospectives are better), and also a tutorial mode where you can select your weapons, enemies, and edit various parameters, so people new to the series won't feel lost. There's also a well-structured way to replay missions and see your ranks and progress, as well as hidden missions and various difficulty settings, so even though it's a single player campaign, it should last a long time. I think I read a review which said this feels like a PS2 game, and in some sense that is correct, as it's sticking to a classic formula of gameplay and keeping things pretty simple. The ability to play as different characters is welcome and needed to spice up gameplay a bit, but overall the simplicity isn't necessarily a negative. On the other hand it certainly isn't pushing any action game boundaries like NieR: Automata or even the upcoming Sekiro.

Having completed the game once, here are a few things I would like to see changed / added:
    1. There are invisible walls throughout, which for a game which has an element of exploration and finding hidden areas, can be a bit annoying.
    2. The levels are generally well designed, but can certainly feel generic, repetitive (narrow area followed by wide open area for battles, repeat, then boss), and a little empty, especially in the latter half of the game. The game is set in a London-like city, but more could have been done with this! How about something inside a museum? A shopping centre? An arcade? If there's one big let down, I feel the level design is it.
    3. I feel the game world could use some more NPCs to interact with during missions, even just a few. Maybe some survivors here and there with something to say, not much.
    4. You can't combine wall jumps and double jumps to reach higher areas for some reason, so even after purchasing the double jump ability you can still only reach the same height as a wall jump, which is odd.
    5. Nico's van is screaming for some sort of mini games! Would definitely fit the feel and aesthetic of the game.
    6. The ability to purchase red orbs from the PlayStation Shop could be seen as negative or positive, as it lets you acquire skills quickly but is also sort of cheating.
    7. Yes there are three playable characters, but all are moody white dudes. Let us play as Nico, Trish, Lady, or Morrison, even just for one small section or a mini game / New Game Plus mode.
    Overall though these are minor points (apart from the generic / repetitive level design which really is a shame) in an otherwise highly polished and enjoyable experience.

I got the Deluxe Steelbook from GAME UK for £55, £15 more than the standard edition, which is very reasonable for a Deluxe version these days (not EA or Ubisoft rip-off joke prices, not that I purchase their games anyway). I'd say the best features of the Deluxe edition are the ability to select music tracks from past DMC games, additional Devil Breakers (arm weapons), and the live action planning stage versions of the cutscenes, which are only in Japanese, but pretty hilarious. Then you have the ability to select voice overs for the ranking announcements and title, and the extra costumes. Oh and a Steelbook of course. Yes, the extras are a download code, like every other game these days, but that's just life.

So overall, a great game - nothing groundbreaking but fun nonetheless - with some minor points I would have liked to see addressed. 8/10. Certainly not perfect and a shame they didn't include some of the things above or design the levels with more variety. Well worth it even for newcomers to the series like myself.
  9. Mar 16, 2019
    What does demons, Japan, metal music, and swords have in common? Devil May Cry is that answer, and with the 5th installment out I can say I couldn’t be happier to see this series continue. Devil May Cry 5 is such a good game that meets the requirements of being fun and having a good enough story to keep you engaged and wanting more.
    The story has you follow three heroes now during this
    The story has you follow three heroes now during this apocalyptic demon invasion. You control Nero the hero from the 4th game with his brand new robo-arm instead of that boring old demon arm. You have new comer V who is if Hot Topic decided to vomit on my screen and that vomit transformed into a character. Last of course you have Dante who is… well Dante but now with stubble. The game manages to balance the three protagonists fairly without focusing on one more than the others. The way the story is told is also interesting taking a page out of Tarantino’s book and tell the story jumping back and forth until you get the conclusion is nifty and keeps you engaged. I dug the fact if you are new to the series you can still pick up this game and not be completely lost on what is happening. Let’s be real no one come to the DMC series just for the story they stay for the gameplay.
    The gameplay is Devil May Cry at its finest. This game reminds you why DMC is the master of the hack and slash genre. Being that you have three heroes you probably wonder how they play? Each hero is very unique in how they are controlled. Dante being very similar to how you’d expect. Nero has many different arms now that keep the battles interesting and different with each arm. V is the most radically different being that he doesn’t necessarily fight himself in battle. During combat V uses familiars to battle so while you’re jamming on the triangle or square button you also must keep V away from any enemies because he is made of tissue paper and cannot fight. My personal favorite part of this game was the boss fights. Each boss is unique, and pose some form of challenge that I would get excited each time a new enemy would pop up just hoping for a boss fight.
    Overall I loved the hell out of this game. It was about a 12-hour experience that just melted away for me. This is the first game this year I have had a smile on my face the entire time playing. While I wasn’t the biggest fan of V as a character, nor as playing as him the game is still amazing. I cannot praise this game enough. I has been one of the best-looking games this year and best gameplay I have had in month. Capcom is doing great this year I give this game a HIGH HIGH FULL PRICE.
  10. Mar 13, 2019
    This is what we ever wanted. I have been waiting for this for 11 years!
    And this game delivers. Stylish, fun, well-written and crafted.

I wish the last arc was explored a bit more, but this game deserves only praises
  11. Mar 10, 2019
    This game is pretty dope. The combat is far better than what we had in DmC, and the story is the better so far. They rushed the ending, and the plot doens't make a lot of sense, but it's good and funny. This game is solid, pretty, the microtransactions doesn't get in your way. It's a love letter from Capcom to the fans. I hope Capcom keep making those awesome games, they finally are in theThis game is pretty dope. The combat is far better than what we had in DmC, and the story is the better so far. They rushed the ending, and the plot doens't make a lot of sense, but it's good and funny. This game is solid, pretty, the microtransactions doesn't get in your way. It's a love letter from Capcom to the fans. I hope Capcom keep making those awesome games, they finally are in the right way. I hope they make a good Street Fighter now, Resident Evil 2 and DMC V prove that the Capcom we know and love is back.

I wish i could give a 10/10, but i will never approve microtransactions in a 60$ game.
  12. Mar 22, 2019
    the best DMC game since 3, this game is everything a fan could want. Runs flawlessly even on console.
    great job Capcom
  13. Mar 12, 2019
    When i heard there would be 3 playable protagonist's i was a bit worried but unlike DMC4 where Dante's half of the game felt like backtracking DMC5 is three different perspectives working towards the same goal and each with there own style of game play. the game is full of fun references for long time fans of the franchise including a cameo voice of a character Patty Lowell who wasWhen i heard there would be 3 playable protagonist's i was a bit worried but unlike DMC4 where Dante's half of the game felt like backtracking DMC5 is three different perspectives working towards the same goal and each with there own style of game play. the game is full of fun references for long time fans of the franchise including a cameo voice of a character Patty Lowell who was previously exclusive to the anime Series Brought a smile to my face. If i had to pick out a flaw its that some of the story leading up to DMC5 is only found in the Devil May Cry 5: Before the Nightmare Novel and while the game certainly stands on its own knowing you're not getting 100% of the story from the game is a bit of a downside.

All in All i give this game an SSS
    I've had a blast playing the game
  14. Mar 12, 2019
    Simply a must-own game for fans of hack'n'slash and DMC fans in particular. The story is mediocre by standards of games like God of War or The Last Of Us, but DMC has always been about style and combat rather than deep storytelling. This is not the Citizen Kane of gaming, this is the Kingsman of gaming. Its over the top, cheesy and fun as all hell. Quick note on microtransactions: they'reSimply a must-own game for fans of hack'n'slash and DMC fans in particular. The story is mediocre by standards of games like God of War or The Last Of Us, but DMC has always been about style and combat rather than deep storytelling. This is not the Citizen Kane of gaming, this is the Kingsman of gaming. Its over the top, cheesy and fun as all hell. Quick note on microtransactions: they're 100% unnecessary, combat is complex enough so that progression through skills leaves you learning how to use the character in the best way right up to the end of them game. And so we're all aware I don't think you've been able to fully upgrade any character on the first play through of any DMC game, anyone complaining that you can't without buying red orbs flat out doesn't know the series well enough. The game took me about 18 hours on devil hunter which may seem short, but the game is designed to be replayed multiple times on increased difficulties. Believe me, there's plenty of replay ability.

Nero plays almost identically to DMC4 which is a shame as they really could've expanded or changed many of his moves. He has a few new ones excluding the devil breakers and by the end of the game his moveset expands nicely, but not enough to not feel like a bit of a rehash. The new devil breakers are a mixed bag: some you'll love and others you'll barely use but on higher difficulties it'll be quite clear what is best to use in what situation and there's a huge amount of counterplay you can do to enemies with the correct setup. I'm only beginning to mess around with this but there's a lot to explore.

Dante begins the game in much the same way as he did in 4 but very quickly develops a massively new moveset. Some of his weapons are complex and fun enough to carry a game on their own - Balrog being one such weapon that is a joy to use. By the end of the game he's a nigh-unstoppable demigod when played well.

V is a polarising character: to some he's a breath of fresh air, to me he's boring and brought my fun to a grinding halt on his last couple of missions. There's definitely things to explore with his combat style but he's not for everyone and certainly not for me.

TLDR: Excellent game. Play and replay. Ignore microtransaction. V sucks.
  15. Mar 13, 2019
    Masterpiece, AWESOME MASTERPIECE, is absolutely incredible, i wait a continuation pls
  16. Mar 24, 2019
    This is a game that I was reluctant to play. I never really got into the other DMC games. I preferred other hack n slash games such as GOW, Baynonetta, and Nier. After watching some gameplay I decided to toss one into it and I am glad I did. The combat is phenomenal. You have a lot of freedom to really tear into enemies in clever ways. I could care less about this story. I skipped half theThis is a game that I was reluctant to play. I never really got into the other DMC games. I preferred other hack n slash games such as GOW, Baynonetta, and Nier. After watching some gameplay I decided to toss one into it and I am glad I did. The combat is phenomenal. You have a lot of freedom to really tear into enemies in clever ways. I could care less about this story. I skipped half the cut scenes because they felt like mall goth garbage but the combat is where this game really shines. Bottom line, if you enjoy fast paced hack n slash action, this is a must play Expand
  17. Mar 11, 2019
    It's been at least 10 Years Devil May Cry fans have waited so... was it worth the wait?
    Let's Rock Capcom!
    Pure hack-n-slash goodness with new and familiar faces: Devil May Cry V sticks to its roots with it's crazy, fun combo led combat. Instead of reinventing its combat like God of War, Capcom stuck to its traditional game play and i'm quite glad they did. We're given 3
    Let's Rock Capcom!

Pure hack-n-slash goodness with new and familiar faces:

We're given 3 ridiculously fun, unique playable main characters, all having a different play style to learn, enjoy and master. There's Nero who i actually liked this time around with his new cybernetic arm, engine blade and wicked magnum Rose which all combine to make a fresh style of play, then there's the iconic demon hunter Dante who is extremely badass here but he needs no introduction and last but not least V, this cool new emo lookin guy who wears fricken sandals, he had me fooled until i played him; he has this highly unique summoning/exorcism combat style that's reminiscent of Capcom's Chaos Legion. All 3 are just awesome and likable.

So the overall combat is fluid, wild and fun, the character movement is smooth and the abilities and combos are very easy to understand. I did have some problems with annoying camera angles but that doiesnt since the set pieces are just amazing. The story was above average and felt quite short but i guess that replay value is there with multiple difficulties and unlockables. Since it is not open world be wary if you're looking for a grand adventure, DMC is and has always been about kicking demons a**** with style in a linear designed level(s) with a epic boss battle at the end. There was also a Multiplayer/co-op type of system that is weirdly integrated through out the story, i wasn't too sure how it worked but i think there was a missed opportunity on not making this a possible co op game.

Welcome (back) to the world of Devil May Cry:
    The story is fine for avid fans of the series but newcomers might not fully resonate with the familiar faces and its rough pacing of the story. They really tried to tie it up the games backstory with a History Lesson type option but as always DMC is just as ambiguous as a Dark Souls game but that's another reason why i love DMC, it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Devil May Cry at its visual finest and it's still rockin' kick-ass music:
    This is by far the best looking DMC to date, explosive effects, finely designed character models, cool weapon designs, V's demon summoning's, Dante's devil trigger, Nero's explosive devil breakers and more; all make this game a joy to look at while you're cutting demons down. The locations can feel a little drab with its color palette and the mission location designs could've been better, it was like locations from a Resident Evil game.

The musical score is well orchestrated and will get you pumped especially during combat with its rock heavy bgm, the voice acting is great for most characters except for a few. Johnny Yong Bosch does a great job as Nero (im a big fan of ENG Bleach btw) but i wasn't a big fan of Faye Kingslee performance as Nico, it felt like Final Fantasy XV's Cindy Aurum all over again, tacky and forced.

No problemo:
    I had no issues during my 2 play through's, maybe it was too easy for both the base difficulties but playing on a harder difficulty would fulfill that need for challenge and Son of Sparda sure did.

Unwanted micro transactions and controversial censorship do taint the game a tiny bit:
    Yes! There's micro transactions but not to the extent where it hurts the game, its a choice for those who seemingly want to unlock everything without having to replay the game, i don't agree with the practice but its there. Again for the censorship its not a biggie for DMC V but it makes me worry for the future of our games on the PS, will they censor future games like Cyberpunk?, and imagine if The Witcher 3 were to release tomorrow?. Will this new censorship policy hurt the future of our games? Fingers X

The Good:
    + Slaying demons could not be more fun and stylish with Dante, Nero & V
    + Dante may look older but damn this game looks good
    + New characters are likable and the familiar ones are good to see

The Bad:
    - Base difficulties are too easy

The Ugly:
    - Micro-transactions for this game? Whyyyyy Capcom?

The beloved Devil May Cry i love is back! 9/10:
    DMC5 is up there with DMC 3 and probably better, i'm critically gonna give it a 9 but personally its a 10+. Dante is amazing, Nero has grown on me and V is just a whole new badass, I highly recommend this to any gamer, and im going to go as far as this being the Great Hack-n-Slash game of all time and easily in my 10 games of all time.
  18. Mar 10, 2019
    that's what the fans wanted in 2013, not the stupid restart of the series. A great combat system, not a chopped version like in DmC, and a great soundtrack, not like in a stupid restart. pull my devil trigger bite into memory for a long time.
  19. Mar 18, 2019
    Completed the game and got to say DMC 5 = Destructive & Massive Combination level 5. The game is completely at next level. Totally loved the visual presentation of the game. The story is stunning and does come up with plenty of surprises ( until and unless someone spoils it for you ). The character development is extremely impressive. I totally loved the character "V" , his style and theCompleted the game and got to say DMC 5 = Destructive & Massive Combination level 5. The game is completely at next level. Totally loved the visual presentation of the game. The story is stunning and does come up with plenty of surprises ( until and unless someone spoils it for you ). The character development is extremely impressive. I totally loved the character "V" , his style and the personality was appealing. On the other hand, Dante, as always is way too stylish to handle. Nero start making some good appeal towards the end of the game. Combat system , weapons and skill trees are the backbone and thus it is the reason why the DMC's franchise is successful since the original DMC came out.
    Where it exactly lack? Well in my point of view, it does lack only at one point, that's going to be, non other than level design..I believe it could have been better since I found game as straight forward without any puzzle or putting the player into test. ( Well, I'm aware that the higher difficulties are testing for us , but they require combat skills ) but anyways, who cares! After all it is hack and slash game! Just develop massive combos and enjoy it with stylish, sexy & smoking" slogan. I will definitely rate this game as 10. Because it is filled with entertainment and do justice to DMC series. Can't wait for next installment. ❣️
    Edit: this game holds an excellent replay value too. Go for it.
  20. Mar 13, 2019
    +Visual and technical tour de force
    +Fantastic character driven cutscenes
    +Engaging gameplay true to the series formula +OST is true to the series +Incredible animation quality for nearly end of gen hardware +CAPCOM are back! -Load times can be long and obstrusive -Gameplay can grate over longer sessions of play I'm not the biggest DMC fan but this game is just phenomenal. It's
    +Visual and technical tour de force
    +Fantastic character driven cutscenes
    +Engaging gameplay true to the series formula
    +OST is true to the series
    +Incredible animation quality for nearly end of gen hardware
    +CAPCOM are back!
    -Load times can be long and obstrusive
    -Gameplay can grate over longer sessions of play

I'm not the biggest DMC fan but this game is just phenomenal. It's the closest to playing a real-time CGI film if have experienced in quite some time. CAPCOM are back! My interest in Japanese releases has waned over recent years of poor quality AAA releases (mainly MGSV, FFXV) so it is a great pleasure to play yet another capcom AAA release that is of such exceptional quality technically and gameplay wise as DMC5. I cannot wait to see what CAPCOM can bring to the next generation of console hardware going ahead but I only wish they could branch out the IP to include JRP. I can only imagine they have the chops to not only revitalise the genre but also bring their RE-Engine to create something of a spectacle. Seminal stuff.
  21. Mar 12, 2019
    Haven't had this much fun for a long time.
    Graphics were amazing, storytelling was astounding and the characters were epic.
    I really hope to see more games like this in the future instead of live services.

22. Mar 11, 2019
    Finally after over a decade of waiting we receive another real Devil May Cry game and not a spin-off nor reboot. And to take the conclusion away, it was worth waiting and is by far (yes, i say it) best Devil May Cry every made. Let's Rock, baby.

Story The game starts with a big bang. We fight against the new self named Demon King of the underworld Urizen, unfortunately it doesn't go so

Story
    The game starts with a big bang. We fight against the new self named Demon King of the underworld Urizen, unfortunately it doesn't go so well for our heroes and we have to retreat. Oh, yeah. You just don't play Dante here, you play as Nero and the mysterious new character "V". After our butts got kicked, nobody knows what happend to Dante, we find our self one month later in pure Chaos. Demons are all over the town and collecting blood from humans. Giant demonic trees growing out of the ground, everything is destroyed and if nobody puts an end to this, the whole world will be run over by demons.
    That's a really short summary of the plot. The characters are all like able and you meet a few familiar faces (Trish and Lady). Everything feels round. You get what you expect.

Gameplay
    Typical Devil May Cry or Stylish action gameplay like Bayonetta. Here and there you have some puzzles or jump and run sections, but overall it's a pure action based game like you would expect. The music is Rock, Metal and Electronic and fits perfectly to the combat. Every protagonist (Dante, Nero and V) has his own unique gameplay style. Nero uses a bionic arm which gives him the ability to grab on to enemies, or push them away with a shockwave. He can jump higher with it in the air or let his arm explode in a group of enemies. Every arm has the ability to grab onto enemies to close the distance between them. His metallic arms are build by Nico, a young lady with the goal to become as great of a weapon blacksmith as her grandmother. She drives around in a van and let you buy skill upgrades, mentioned arms or blue orbs which increases your health bar. Furthermore Nero has his sword to send demons fly or slash them in half. You can even charge up your so called "Exceed gauge" to unleash even more damage in a whirlwind of flames.
    V works completely different. His goal is to stay away from trouble and let his "pets" do the dirty work for him. It isn't any less spectecluar to watch though. For example, when the giant golem "Nightmare" smashes through walls or comes flying to the ground and ignites the ground with flames after activating V's Devil Trigger. His other companies are chicken, i mean Griffon for long range- and Shadow for close range combat. It's really satisfying to reduce the health gauge of your target and jump right in to land the last blow with V, since non of his demons can kill other demons.

Dante is the most complex character in the game, but also the most fun in my opinion. He can choose between 4 different Styles and can switch freely between them. He gets a huge arsenal of weapons. Which ones i won't spoil. It's a lot of fun to create your own combos or just mash away to your hearts content.

Conclusion
    If you are a die hard Devil May Cry fan, you probably played through the story already a couple times at this point. But if you are new to the genre or franchise and uncertain to buy it, it's an absolute must have if you like action games. The only negative things i can say are the long loading screens between missions (standard PS4) and the unnecessary Microtransactions (MTX). They just implemented them for the sake of it and for all the praise it became from me i have to lower the overall rating of the game, because of it. Nobody asked for this, nobody wants or needs it. It doesn't effect your gameplay. You get plently of red and gold orbs during your playthrough and on higher difficulties, you just don't hit continue anymore, because continuing would lower your overall rating of the mission. So, why lowering the score you ask. It's pretty simple, because it doesn't have to be in the game. It's already a round package how it is. Why slam MTX in it? I hope publisher and developer realize we don't want that in our games. At least i don't want it. Such a shame. Capcom didn't hit the Jackpot with this decision.
  23. Mar 18, 2019
    Devil May Cry 5 is a great new entry in the beloved action/hack n' slash series, but I think it's a bit overhyped due to its amazing-looking graphics.

The story can only be summed up as a monotonous "I got my ass kicked repeatedly and have to take revenge for it each time". There is a giant tree and a demonic invasion but there is no drama. Honestly the story is little more than an excuse for the player to slay demons. As far as characters go, I love it when they do some over the top action or pull off some smart-ass taunts (like Nero vs Goliath). But there are plenty of cringy moments as well.

DMC5 offers 3 playable characters with different playstyles. Nero is the default hero, he's very straight forward, his robotic arms come with cool abilities, he's got a grappling hook, and is the easiest to learn. V is a summoner who deals damage with his pets and has to finish off enemies with his cane, but the pets are too random to control directly. Dante has the most moves and styles but the way the game is structured you don't have enough time to master all of that. The are a few chapters that can be played with multiple heroes.

Graphics in DMC5 are amazingly detailed. Even the teeth on Dante's mouth during an early cut-scene are almost too realistic. This game runs at 60 fps on PS4. Soundtrack is good, too, with some catchy tunes playing in the background.

Despite all the shiny graphics, DMC5 at its heart is a PS2-era game. That's both good and bad. Good news is, action is great and satisfying, launching enemies and pulling combos is a joy, and the boss fights are good (if not particularly memorable, apart from the Goliath fight and the final fight). The bad news is, fights always occur in self-contained arenas that can't be escaped. Level design is just what I said, it's PS2-era like, it's linear with little exploration available and lots of invisible walls. But the worst is that the game forces you to first play on 2 difficulties that are too easy for any seasoned gamer (let alone DMC veterans). I played through to the end on Devil Hunter and it was mostly a walk in the park, but in the final few chapters there is a noticeable difficulty spike. The next difficulty Son of Sparda is more like how I'd want my first contaxt with the game be, it's just the right amount of challenge for me.

There are microtransactions in DMC5, but there is no need to pay for them. Thankfully the game is already generous enough with what it provides, and it's not artificially rigged to force players to pay to win. When you are defeated, you have the option to either give up and start over a checkpoint or continue fully healed. It's strange to see this in a hack n' slash game, but at least DMC5 gives different people different options.

Overall Devil May Cry is a great game. I just wish it was a bit better in the story and some design aspects, but maybe next time.
  24. Mar 14, 2019
    DMC5 is crazy in all the right ways. The wait has been well worth it and Capcom proves that they're the best when it comes to the hack-and-slash genre. Includes 3 playable characters each with their own unique playstyle that you'll want to master. Blistering fast combat with insane depth. Gorgeous graphics and visual effects. A narrative that can be enjoyed even by newcomers. Plus sexyDMC5 is crazy in all the right ways. The wait has been well worth it and Capcom proves that they're the best when it comes to the hack-and-slash genre. Includes 3 playable characters each with their own unique playstyle that you'll want to master. Blistering fast combat with insane depth. Gorgeous graphics and visual effects. A narrative that can be enjoyed even by newcomers. Plus sexy babes that add a beautiful flair to the experience. The existence of this game restored my faith in the video game industry. Expand
  25. Mar 10, 2019
    одна из лучших игр ,личина мне сюжет понравился но он в приницпе прицказуем ,байовка классная си графика божественная а донат ваще не понимаю почему дабавели ветиь он вапще не решает
  26. Mar 25, 2019
    No offense to those that like or love the DMC reboot, but this is Devil May Cry right here. I just finish the game yesterday, and the story and gameplay were amazing. If you call yourself a DMC fan this is a most play. LET'S ROCK BABY!!!!!
  27. Mar 14, 2019
    Great game but some venues feel boring and generic (unlike the first hours of gameplay till you fight with the Lady demon). They combined best elements from all the games, including the reboot (d.M.c). Good work campcom, keep it like this.
  28. Mar 10, 2019
    I have been waiting this game for a long damn time but finally it's here. It's great! I love everything about this game. Boss fight are amazing, I'm blown out how the mechanics work and how everything is like so smooth. I don't know for sure but this game is goty material. Buy it! NOW!
  29. Mar 10, 2019
    as a long time fan im happy that this game has finally got a real sequel !! the first dmc ever is one of my first games ive ever played ! and seeing this game getting to this level of point and stiil existing with an awesome sequal i just want to thank hideaki itsuno for returning back to capcom and making this lovely and outstanding sequel ! the graphics are beyond with capcoms re-engineas a long time fan im happy that this game has finally got a real sequel !! the first dmc ever is one of my first games ive ever played ! and seeing this game getting to this level of point and stiil existing with an awesome sequal i just want to thank hideaki itsuno for returning back to capcom and making this lovely and outstanding sequel ! the graphics are beyond with capcoms re-engine engine and the game fills super polished and well worked !! capcom has really been pushing things lately in making good games again ! they definitely got my attention again after such a long time, but since 2017 they really show that theyre going to make bomb ass games ! and im going to put them on my anticipated list together with cdprojektred, rockstar, sony exclusives... they definitely deserve the attention today ! and im glad that they prove that good well made single player games still exist to succeed in the gaming world ! but anyhow DMC5 is outstanding ! it takes place right after the 4th game and you see all your loved characters again such as lady, trish, dante, nero, and new characters such as v and nico (and another long time favorite character which i dont want to spoil anything but if you have been playing the previous games you would definitely expect him and he is shown in the trailers!). the combat and gameplay feels so awesome and make you feel like youre crushing your enemies and really getting into the fight ! the whole story feels like a true and continuation of the game like this is how it should be ! the cutscenes and actors really are professional and amazing ! and the graphics are jaw dropping ! i wouldve like to see more than 20 missions just to add to the excitement but im guessing that with the awesome ending there will be dlc's and a sequel for sure ! anyhow im all positive about the future of capcom and this game ! i really am going to play it more for a long time and new game plus makes the game feel extra awesome ! im really crying and enjoying this game (its so soo soooo sooooo gooooddddd!!!!) and hope to see more of this game in the future ! and more devil may cries to come ! thank you again hideaki itsuno for making a long time fan very very happy ! keep up the amazing work !!!!! i really am LOVING this game!!! Expand
  30. G2k
    Mar 23, 2019
    As a Dmc fan this game rocks. Fantastic storyline great graphics and an outstanding combat mechanism.
  31. Mar 15, 2019
    The year started off with Resident Evil 2 Remake from Capcom. I love that game so much and now 2 months later, Capcom has released another anticipated title in Devil May Cry V. The only games in the series I have played before DMC V is the first game and the reboot/prequel game DMC Devil May Cry. Fans of the series didn’t really like DMC and last year at E3 when Devil May Cry V wasThe year started off with Resident Evil 2 Remake from Capcom. I love that game so much and now 2 months later, Capcom has released another anticipated title in Devil May Cry V. The only games in the series I have played before DMC V is the first game and the reboot/prequel game DMC Devil May Cry. Fans of the series didn’t really like DMC and last year at E3 when Devil May Cry V was announced fans were pleased so see this game in action. For me Bayonetta was when I realized I love this action, hack and slash gameplay style that Devil May Cry made famous. I was already interested because of the gameplay, but my intrigue only grew after seeing interactions between characters like Nico and Nero via trailers. All the trailers have only raised my anticipation as did the theme song Devil Trigger. I would like to reiterate Capcom already released a fantastic game in Resident Evil 2 Remake and now they’ve done it again with another fantastic action game. Not only is DMC V a phenomenal action game but, it might actually be one of the greatest action games I have ever played.

The story of DMC V starts off with Nero confronting a demon named Urizon. This demon became powerful after stealing Nero’s Devil Bringer arm and with that power Urizon has become unstoppable. This revelation results in a mysterious character named V to hire Dante, Lady, Trish and Nero to stop Urizon. Unfortunately the demon’s power is beyond what was expected which results in V and Nero escaping with Dante ready to fight more only to be defeated once more. Now that Nero knows what to expect from the demon the game now starts with Nero making his way back to Urizon and along the way he is becoming stronger especially now that he has multiple type of Devil Breaker Arms made by Nico.

In this game you play as 3 characters Nero, Dante and V. These characters have unique gameplay styles with Nero being able to utilize wield his sword the Red Queen and on top of that he can wield multiple Devil Arm Breakers that range from blasting demons with an electric blast, a homing rocket punch, a time stopping arm and even a Mega Buster. V’s gameplay style is unique in the sense that V doesn’t attack, instead the way he does damage is with the help of demons he has by his side. An eagle named Griffon that attacks at a distance and deals electric attacks, a panther named Shadow, who serves better at close range with it’s spike attacks, and Nightmare, a giant golem like demon who will destroy anything in its path. The interesting aspect about V’s gameplay style is that in order to eliminate demons is after V’s demon cause enough damage V has to deliver the final blow with his cane. And last but certainly not least we have Dante who is layered with options when fighting demons. Dante uses his sword the Rebellion and along the way he acquires more weapons like a buzzsaw like weapon that transforms into a motorcycle. I can’t believe I just typed that, regardless that is stupidly awesome. He can also change his fighting style while in combat, Dante can change his style to Trickster which is used to enhance his movement and evasion. He can change to Swordmaster which is best used for close combat, Royal Guard is best used to defend and pull of counter attacks, and last but not least the Gunslinger style which is best used for enemies that are at a distance. Out of the 3 characters Dante is the character that feels like you are playing a fighting game and you are learning how to start and build up combos, the options that Dante has at his disposal is insane.
    Having 3 different gameplay styles at first was a little daunting but, as I played through the game I got use to each of the characters gameplay style. While Dante had to most toys to play with I personally felt more at home using Nero. While at first using Dante felt overwhelming because he really has a lot of tricks he can pull up, it wasn’t until my second run of the game when I started to land combos with him and like in a fighting game, when you learn how to pull of combos the game felt much more satisfying to play. I believe that's the biggest praise I can give this game, playing it just felt so satisfying and something as simple as the battle music building up as your rank increases is just great. In battles your rank goes from D all the way to S and sometimes SSS which when that happens it so gratifying. The praise doesn’t stop with Devil May Cry V gameplay, it continues in the graphic and music department. This game is using the RE engine and with that engine it shows off how gorgeous this game looks and I played it on the base PS4, I can only imagine how PC players, PS4 Pro users and Xbox One X users felt playing this game. The music is fantastic as well, whether it be the theme song Devil Trigger or the other songs used throughout the game, all the music used felt like they fit well with the environment as well as the scenarios each character was in.
  32. Mar 23, 2019
    Still haven't finished the game. Lvl 18 so far but the game is absolutely unbelievable! The 2 new characters feel right at home and any defensive stance you might take on either of them will soon go away just because how well written everything they say or do are! And even though I haven't finished the game yet the story has been fantastic so far! It's so cool that they actually gave us aStill haven't finished the game. Lvl 18 so far but the game is absolutely unbelievable! The 2 new characters feel right at home and any defensive stance you might take on either of them will soon go away just because how well written everything they say or do are! And even though I haven't finished the game yet the story has been fantastic so far! It's so cool that they actually gave us a taste of what the story in this one was gonna be in the reboot's DLC! What a move! And the gameplay... oh man... its mechanics is the deepest I've seen in any hack 'n slash game I've ever seen! it's satisfying, it's hard hitting, it's intense, it's deep and it looks and sounds incredible! I would say if you are new to the series, it's still gonna be an absolutely amazing experience but you would miss out on some of the "holy **** that's **** cool" and especially the "just like old times" moments that only the fans will enjoy. And it's not like the previous games aren't enjoyable now! But I can't be unbiased towards them so I might be wrong! I've recently played the previous games again and had a ton of fun.
    If there are any negative points even worth mentioning is the fact the I guess I would've like to see V having a bit deeper fighting mechanics and I would also liked to see Kyrie playing a part too... I really miss her! She was so cute and she was everything Nero was not! Also she was the most Japanese element of the game and sorta gave DmC 4 an even more unique feel to it. (I also liked Nero's hair in the previous one... again, it was more Japanese. But I understand they wanted to make the game just a LITTLE Cyberpunky so... I guess I understand why they made the hair shorter!)
    Anyways, enough of me talking. Just go ahead and buy the game for crying out loud! And if you're new to the series, don't be afraid of playing the previous games. Although if you're just after the story I'd say skip DmC 2013... even though the gameplay is **** fantastic! (not saying the story was bad though... it just doesn't tie in to the series a WHOLE lot, it still does tho)
    Thanks for taking the time to read!
  33. Mar 10, 2019
    I waited a long time for this game, and it turned out great, like almost the entire series DmC.
  34. Mar 14, 2019
    Has a long time fan of Devil May Cry and Capcom this the greatest devil may cry game in history action packed hot and sexy etc nothing more to say
  35. Mar 8, 2019
    With many games in the series, It has really outstanding story telling, Such as a wide range of replay ability for all players even if you are new to the series. You play as V, Nero and Dante 3 characters with all different personalities and gameplay style. For a DMC game this literally couldnt look or feel any better. Capcom have really hit their peak with this game, and they couldnt haveWith many games in the series, It has really outstanding story telling, Such as a wide range of replay ability for all players even if you are new to the series. You play as V, Nero and Dante 3 characters with all different personalities and gameplay style. For a DMC game this literally couldnt look or feel any better. Capcom have really hit their peak with this game, and they couldnt have done a better job. The game wasnt too short at all, it's not too easy or too hard. You have plenty of options to suit your play style. DMC and Capcom are definitely back to it's roots. 9/10 From me, It's not a 10 only because they are just a few minor issues with loading times and mini bugs but that can be patched out easily. Truly a masterpiece and i hope Bloody Palace comes next month with some surprises! Expand
  36. Mar 9, 2019
    Like seriously, at this point who wouldn't want to kill a bunch of Demon with motorcycle?
    I really enjoy this game, good grapichs, good character, good story, good combo.
    The perfomance is really amazing, like 144fps+ at 1080p ultra on my specs. I didn't find any bug and that's a good things. Overall a really solid hack and slash game from Capcom, im really glad they make the fith
    The perfomance is really amazing, like 144fps+ at 1080p ultra on my specs.
    I didn't find any bug and that's a good things.

Overall a really solid hack and slash game from Capcom, im really glad they make the fith DMC. Been playing it since the third.
    Score: 10 out of 10
  37. Mar 9, 2019
    Amazing! Everything is awesome! Graphics, Gameplay, Soundtrack... I love this game so much... Hope to see a Devil May Cry 1 Remake in the future
  38. Mar 11, 2019
    A masterpiece. It truly was worth the 10 year wait. The best action game on the market.
  39. Mar 11, 2019
    This game is just... a beautiful work of art and I will admit I am a devil may cry fan so my opinion may be biased and I will try explain why I think this game is good and where it may have fallen flat or seems that way for others(just cause i'm a fan doesn't mean I will blindly side with everything they do)

I will start with the combat system, this game has 3 playable characters, which

I will start with the combat system, this game has 3 playable characters, which have incredibly unique play styles to each other. Dante is Dante, nothing more to be said if you played the previous titles (not DmC) then you know what your in for here, pure fun lots of style lots of action. V a new playable character in the game has the, oddest but weirdly fun fighting mechanic added to the game, contrary to any DMC game rather than wanting to be up close and personal, he really is more a strategist in the way he fights and give you a new layer to explore combat wise. Finally there is Nero, what can i say, having that arm of his chopped off is the best thing to ever happen to him, fixed my problem with him in DMC 4, devil breakers just gives you the player so many ways to customize your gameplay from which breakers you use to what order you put them in and this just flat out beats DMC 4 Nero by a long shot and is just better. Overall the combat is just really fun and has quite enough room for creativity (mostly on Nero's part) which gives the game high replay-ability, the game is about style and if you just switch off auto assist PLEASE!!... you will have tons of fun learning this game in and out creating your own combos and divisive way to achieving the smokey sexy style battle ranking. Like a music composition, your first one (unless you're the reincarnation of Beethoven) is gonna be messy, it's not gonna work as well as it went in your head, your gonna fail.... alot.... but as you get better, as you refine those skills, as you subconsciously download the enemy's move-set to your brain and all the in game combos are nothing more than muscle memory to you, you create something beautiful, you get your 9th Symphony of seamless near perfect combos it looks like you're watching a cutscene of an awesome, violent, action movie and I assure you..... it's beautiful.

I went on a bit long on combat but that's the bulk of the game, some ppl complained about game length but personally.... I don't get it. What happened to quality over quantity. Feels like ever since the witcher everyone is so focused on getting a 60+ hour gameplay per game forgetting what genre it belongs to... rpg focused games can get away with that but a hack and slash just... can't, and I think the game length for this is near perfect for what it is, i just can't imagine how bored i'd be after 60 hours and still not done with the story in this type of game. They out in what they needed to and nothing more and I respect that decision.

Now for difficulty. Message to veterans, guys we played this genre of games.... in particular this franchise for.... a long ass time especially those that perfected the game playing through bloody palace sinking hours to reach that never touched solid playthrough, that airborne boss rush never touching the floor... we are masters... and this is technically the 8th game we purchased on this franchise (DMC 1, 2, 3, HD collection, 4, 4 SE, sadly DmC and finally this gem) play 3 again and I assure you those boss fights we thought were super hard are just mildly tedious at this point. so the word too easy, just doesn't fit well here since we have to take that into consideration.... we are veterans. As for newcomers who also say this game is too easy..... switch off auto assists, don't worry my friends did the same thing, just switch it off play through the game and unlock the harder difficulties, I assure you, you will meet your challenge as you unlock the harder difficulties, there is nothing button mashy about this game if you play it right.

Finally story.... I won't give spoilers but I mean.... it's a Devil May Cry game this isn't meant to win the oscars or anything, overall it's stylistic and over the top. Just let the over analytical part of you take a break, sit back relax, laugh and have fun. I mean, the franchise is all about chasing down demons with swords and pistols that never seem to run out of bullets, it prides itself on how ridiculous it is so let loose, relax those tense shoulders and have fun.

the game has its flaws as all games do, like how oddly disconnected V's combat seems despite me enjoying the direction they went with him and how pointless the micro-transaction bit is (like.... you literally don't need it) i kinda get it tho.. but overall I count it as my personal best title in the franchise and it takes alot to beat the nostalgia I have for DMC 3 a truly solid game and I type of game I miss having in this day and age of infinitely large map boasting and 500+ hour gameplay large multiplayer games with non-existent story or lore is slowly taking over, I miss this... and DMC 5 provided
  40. Mar 12, 2019
    Is a really good and fun game, updating all the dmc mechanics to this era pretty well.
    And the story and characters are really good.
  41. Mar 12, 2019
    Amazing sequel to one of my favorite series !! I only wish that the deluxe version i purchased offered a dlc or extra missions not devil breakers but overall excellent game Capcom rocks !!!
  42. Mar 12, 2019
    This game was the best I ever played. Unbelievable gameplay, with great combos from both Dante and Nero and V. And the story is beautiful and exciting. You can laugh and get emotional at the same time. Great cutscenes, and the soundtrack is the most positive aspect of this game. Extremely good, in the Devil may cry 3 style, knowing to alternate well between Nero and V, and clear having aThis game was the best I ever played. Unbelievable gameplay, with great combos from both Dante and Nero and V. And the story is beautiful and exciting. You can laugh and get emotional at the same time. Great cutscenes, and the soundtrack is the most positive aspect of this game. Extremely good, in the Devil may cry 3 style, knowing to alternate well between Nero and V, and clear having a softness in the exciting parts. It's worth having the experience of playing this game, Capcom knew how to enjoy this wonderful game well. Expand
  43. Mar 13, 2019
    Amazing, delivered everything I could've hoped for, 100/10 worth the wait. Great gameplay, visual, A+++ story - the best continuation of the classical saga we could've hoped for!
  44. Mar 17, 2019
    I haven't played such a good game in a long time, a fun and varied gameplay, charismatic characters, a good soundtrack and a surprisingly well written story. I'm starting over again and I hope to do it more often, for those who are fans do not disappoint at all, what Capcom did with this game is for the few, certainly one of the best of the year.
  45. Mar 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Picture this, you're 13 years old and just got a new PS2. You see this CRAZY commercial of a guy destroying his furniture with a sword then a brief clip of gameplay. Huge swords, awesome dual wielding pistols and cool looking transformations. SOLD

Fast forward 17 years, and Devil May Cry is still my favorite series as well as cutting edge graphics and gameplay. It's also my favorite video game series.

DMC1 was amazing, starting off development as a completely different game (resident evil 4) it broke through what action games meant in 3d. Fast forward 2 years later, as well as a completely new dev team, and we had the catastrophic **** storm that was DMC2. It wasn't anything like the original...being slow, heavy reliance on the guns over swords, boring level design, boring enemy ai and the list goes on.

Hideaki Itsuno (the director of DMC2, 3, 4 & 5) wanted redemption and boy did he get it. DMC3 was a masterpiece. A new style system that completely changed how you played, tight controls, in depth air juggling combos, large weapon repertoire and a cohesive story. DMC3 held the honor of being the best for a long time. But a new generation was to begin...

The PS3/X360 released and not long after DMC4 was released. It introduced Nero, a new protagonist that has a demon arm which can grab and pull enemies toward him as well as perform grab attacks to throw around enemies. Dante was still playable but (with the upgrade of being able to switch styles on the fly however with much less weapons he had in DMC3) switching to him half way through the game. DMC4 had some of the worst enemy and level design of the entire series. You play through the same game twice, basically forward as Nero and backwards as Dante and then switch back to Nero awkwardly in the last 2 missions of the game. DMC4 was lukewarm at best. It introduced great combat additions with another playable character and Dante's new style system...but it's failed to pull together an exciting story or fun things to kill. It left fans wanting more to say the least...

DmC Devil May Cry was one of the biggest pieces of **** games to ever exist and I will not touch on it.

11 years go by after DMC4 released and fans got exactly what they wanted. A DMC with a great and over the top story, crazy gameplay upgrades, more weapons than ever before, and the best enemies to fight and kill the series has ever seen.

DMC5 has you playing 3 characters: Nero, V and Dante. Nero is just as he was in DMC4, except his arm is ripped off and he has to now use demon infused prosthetics called Devil Breakers. These breakers range from being able to shot out a massive electrical current that pushes enemies away...to being able to ride a rocket powered arm. In addition to being able to use them, you can charge them up as well to inflict a "super" attack that will break the arm (switching to the next one in your inventory automatically). Using these while being hit by an enemy will also break these prosthetics. Risk reward at it's finest.

V is a mysterious character that can use 3 demons to fight for him (he himself is too weak to damage enemies, however must finish them when weakened). Gryphon is a bird that can shoot electricity (ranged combat). Shadow is a panther that can shapeshift and attack at close range. Nightmare can be summoned once your Devil Trigger meter (this is a meter that builds as you play with the 3 characters, and can be used to transform or power up your attacks). Nightmare can be ridden by V and can attack with his fistst, shoot laser beams or a large charged beam (BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE).

Dante plays more similar to his DMC3 incarnation than his DMC4 incarnation (more strategic, less chaotic). For his Demonic Weapons he can use: Rebellion sword, Sparda Sword, Devil Sword Dante, Balrog gauntlets, Cavalier transforming motorcycle, and Cerberus transforming nun chuks. For his guns he has: Ebony and Ivory dual .45 pistols (his signature guns), shotgun, Faust Hat that can use red orbs for crazy attacks or stylish perfect timed critical hits, and DUAL WIELDING ROCKET LAUNCHERS.

Dante's style system has been buffed up, allowing for more powerful power ups, he has 2 different Devil Triggers (demon transformations) one that buffs damage and health recovery while adding buffs to your attacks; and a super Devil Trigger called Sin Devil Trigger that super charges Dante with an entirely different movesets and crazy attacks such as shooting laser beams out of his wings or shooting huge masses of energy.

The combat is great but is the story? YEA, it is. The only complaint I can fairly say is that the final boss is of a fan favorite but there is some cheesy dialogue during what should be a serious moment (DMC is cheezy but it has it's serious moments as well). Aside from this, it's also a little more open ended than I'd like it but better for me as the series is likely to continue.

DMC5 is the best in the series objectively.
  46. Mar 19, 2019
    ¡JACKPOT!
    DMC 5 llega a demostrar que es el padre de todos los hack & slash.
  47. Mar 19, 2019
    I've always been a huge fan of the DMC franchise! I introduced my younger sister to Devil May Cry by letting her play 5 for the first time and she said it's the most fun game she's played on Ps4! She loves Nero. It is definitely the game of the year for me. Thank you Capcom for making such an astounding game!
  48. Mar 20, 2019
    I don't often rate games...but when I do they damn well are exceptional #GetMotivated
  49. Mar 21, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is definitely the best Hack N Slash ever made, amazing graphics, insane gameplay and a great story! Expand
  50. Mar 22, 2019
    Devil May Cry 5 is the sequel that fans have been waiting for really since 3. Both Dante and Nero's movesets and controls have been fine tuned to perfection. Dante has some of the best weapons in the series with fun and diverse abilities. Nero has gained a level of complexity that was not found in 4 with his Devil Breakers. This addition allows to really spice up your moves and abilitiesDevil May Cry 5 is the sequel that fans have been waiting for really since 3. Both Dante and Nero's movesets and controls have been fine tuned to perfection. Dante has some of the best weapons in the series with fun and diverse abilities. Nero has gained a level of complexity that was not found in 4 with his Devil Breakers. This addition allows to really spice up your moves and abilities thanks to how varied the different arms are with them all having viability in any situation.
    V is a little bit more mixed in my opinion, with his summoner style of gameplay being a bit too passive for my taste, but can still be enjoyable especially to anyone that does prefer to play it more safe.
    The story is also the best since 3, having some really good character moments and revelations, though I do think the writing was a bit tighter in 3 overall.
    I do have to criticize the inclusion of microtransactions, but thankfully they are not too predatory, as they only reduce the grind which isn't too bad except for one ability for each character. Other than that, you can easily get all the gear and abilities for everyone without having to spend an extra dime.
    Overall I am beyond thrilled with the return of classic Devil May Cry and can't wait for the next step in the franchise.
  51. Apr 3, 2019
    Oh, holy crap. I've been wishing for this game for some time, and like Joker's analogy about a dog managing to catch the bumper of a truck that they were chasing, I didn't know what to do except dive in and go CRAZY.

This is perhaps my favorite game, PERIOD. Maybe me being a fan gave me bias towards this, maybe nostalgia, or maybe the long wait since DMC4 back in 2008 (which, thankfully, was alleviated nicely by the 2016 re-release via the Special Edition) is the factor. Maybe all three. But one thing is for certain, this is a nigh flawless game strictly in the gameplay department!

The gameplay itself is as stylish as ever, with a plethora of options, multiplied by the three characters you can play as over the course of story: Nero, the gadget gear gambling brawler, V, the mysterious chessmaster with his three valuable pieces, and Dante, the jack of all trades stylemaster. Each play VASTLY different to each other, with their own strengths and weaknesses, and better yet, Nero no longer feels like some expy of Dante like he did in DMC4 (regardless of your thoughts on Nero in that game, this is still good to realize). Enemies fight hard and hit hard, with a variety of powers and attacks, and your own combat is fast and loose without ever being uncontrollable and still being relatively grounded with the proper amount of weight behind attacks. Boss battles (major or minor) are varied up, providing over 14 unique encounters, being the largest DMC boss roster to date. Finding secrets and hidden items has been streamlined to only include Blue and Purple Orb fragments along with secret missions expertly disguised among the scenery, requiring a keen eye and camera trickery to uncover them.

While the story itself it just shy from being as good as DMC3's story, it's a great one with alot of character development for Nero in his own pursuits and motivations, interactions between veteran characters and newcomers, nods and references to previous games with grace and dignity, and ultimately a satisfying book end to the slight forgone conclusions that DMC1, 3, and 4 had carried to varying degrees. Voice acting is superb, with character emotions and intentions leaking through every word uttered and unsaid, and cutscenes act more as a well deserved break and treat between the action rather than an annoying interruption.

The entire game oozes with personality, from characters like the southern bell Nico's eccentric attitude, Nero's sass and sarcasm, Dante's confident goofiness, V's flamboyant gothic nerdiness, to the settings being beautifully haunting or disgustingly hellish. Even objects ooze with personality, obviously lovingly crafted by designers that knew what they wanted, including the ever so memorable Devil May Cry mobile van that will show up in the most ridiculous fashion any time it's summoned for assistance.

While I love this game near to death for such a variety of reasons, there are a few gripes I have with it (mostly minor, but none-the-less important enough to talk about). Wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the electronica remixes of some tracks (though, they were nice little nods to DMC1 veterans), nor the penultimate boss fight track, despite enjoying 75% of the rest of the game's soundtrack. Subhuman still sucks, but not as much as it did in it's first incarnation (at least you can replace battle tracks if you have the Deluxe Edition, or purchased the ability via DLC). I honestly wish there was a way to turn off the "slow-mo zoom in" post major fights (as I can't help but only see character model clipping and low frame-rate special effects more often than I'd like), as it seems like it can be canceled by hitting the Options button when it shows up. And, there are a few, very specific, still rather hard to pull off boundry glitches that can be done to exploit or even break the game (which, hopefully are going to get patched). Lastly, the character/boss banter that happens during a boss fight feels just a LITTLE bit too scripted (as in, it happens at VERY specific points during the fight). If there were a bit more random chance to what could be said in the set, it wouldn't even be a minor issue.

Much like Bloodborne (my second favorite game of all time), it's not a perfect game, but it's so good and hits all the right notes that I can't help it but give it a score I honestly think it deserves. To me, this is Capcom's absolute best game ever made, finally toppling RE4's long standing reign in my eyes, especially with all the love, care, respect, and dedication the development team gave it for the sake of the fans that desired it for so long.

God speed, you crazy devil hunters!
  52. Mar 15, 2019
    Old school stylish action and amazing detailed cutscenes. Three different playable charactes, unique bosses this is the Devil May Cry game that all we wanted.
  53. Mar 31, 2019
    This is now one of my favourite games of all time. Damn dude this is the pinnacle of action games and I can't recommend it enought! MUST BUY
  54. Apr 20, 2019
    Capcom has launched a DmC for the new generation thinking about its fans and did it pretty beautiful and action packed. It's a thrilling game, beautiful visuals, fluid, full of combat options. I loved the game, the history is great, but I found the game too short. Anyway, it was the best dmc, and I don't think any hack and slash will beat this game during this generation's existence.
  55. Apr 7, 2019
    Amazing sequel. I liked the renovated fight system, which feels like demon slash with art, style and it really has a deepness. I liked the three different sytle main character, altough sometimes I felt the switch is too often between the characters from mission to mission.

The graphics and storytelling amazing as well, the game never takes itself too seriously, but still has a great, various plot.

It didn't bring any reform, game changing gameplay, and the level design is a bit boring sometimes, but still a very decent game.

What I liked most that it brings back this old style crazy hack'n slash gameplay, and didn't forced the trendy sandbox style.

You'll get exactly what you want if you like the serie or game formule.
  56. Mar 25, 2019
    Perfect musics with slash and flames construct this magnificent action game from Capcom.
    DMC has always been about style and combat rather than deep storytelling but it's still maintained the core of the ACT games.

9.3 Cool
  57. Apr 15, 2019
    Devil May Cry 5 was a fantastic conclusion to a long and bumpy road of a series. None of these games are perfect, but they all have a charm about them that you can't seem to find anywhere else. The flashy animation, the music, the characters and their interactions. Even if you can find stuff like it, it's just not the same as the charm those things have when used in this series. Sure thereDevil May Cry 5 was a fantastic conclusion to a long and bumpy road of a series. None of these games are perfect, but they all have a charm about them that you can't seem to find anywhere else. The flashy animation, the music, the characters and their interactions. Even if you can find stuff like it, it's just not the same as the charm those things have when used in this series. Sure there were many repetitive parts, frustrations and otherwise, but there were plenty of good systems in place to make up for them. Playing a V was the biggest highlight of the game for me; I adored his play style of fighting with familiars and I hope they do something like that in future games. I am so satisfied with the story of this game, in some ways I hope they don't make more because I'm so happy with how everything has wrapped up in this game. But we'll see where things go from here, I'll support the franchise either way. Expand
  58. Mar 21, 2019
    Para mim, não só é o melhor DMC como também o melhor jogo de hack and slash já feito (que eu joguei pelo menos). Além de ser muito divertido de jogar, é tecnicamente impecável (gráficos, trilha sonora, personagens, etc), faltou apenas um enredo um pouco melhor, mas nada que comprometa o jogo.
  59. Mar 8, 2019
    Спустя 11 лет Капком всё таки порадовали нас 5 частью DMC,игра получилась довольно хорошей,не без странных решений в плане гемплея,игра стала в разы легче чем её предыдущие части
  60. Mar 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So after about 10 years, DMC5 releases. Not been a fan for very long I must admit. I saw the initial trailer for 5 and decided the time had come...and by the end of the marathon of all the games, so had I. Playing through DMC5 was a treat. I would rank it among the best of its genre alongside DMC3, GOW2 and Bayonetta 2. The tight control of every swing, every step and the sheer force you can put into your attack makes the combat system so incredibly satisfying. Each character plays like a treat.

Nero is probably my favourite. His simplicity yet oddly high skill ceiling (though nothing on Dante's) makes tearing through enemies such a joy. Hitting every exceed and even occasionally hitting max-exceed just makes the whole experience that much more rewarding. The new devil-breaker arms add more layers of replay-ability and style to Nero's repertoire of weapons. Alongside his returning Devil Bringer after you finish the games, Nero fans will be pleased as punch at his stylishness and flare.

V is the odd character out in this game. Opting to summon rather than go in and swing a sword, Shadow, Griffon and Nightmare are very fun to mess around with. While not having much of skill ceiling, the crazy combo's and sheer badassery of standing and watching your enemies fall before while you read some poetry is unbelievably cool.

Dante. How to describe Dante? Stylish. Badass? Hard to use? Yes! Satisfying to learn? Most definitely! Dante has a range of weapons to keep him going- my favourite of which being Cerberus. Switching between styles such as Swordmaster and Trickster to dodge and deal the damage is a treat when pulled off correctly,although I admit Royalguard is rather ridiculous in this game.

The game looks visually stunning. The rich backgrounds and detailed textures are some of the best in any action game to date. Accompanying this is the music. By god the music is glorious. With the exception of Dante's Subhuman (which I'm still not that fond of), every track fills you with hype. As I reach an S rank as Nero and the beat drops as the chorus of Devil Trigger comes in I can't help but have my mind blown. Much the same as V, when I reach an S rank and hear, "SAVIOUR, BLOODSTAIN, HELLFIRE, SHADOW! HEAVEN ON A LANDSLIDE!" I always grin.

The story is probably the second best in the series, although that isn't saying much. Vergil's return was incredibly satisfying with Nero having a meeting with his Father that made me giddy. I only wish the game was maybe just 4 or 5 missions longer.

Overall, DMC5 is great. If I were to look at this game as a critic (which I,m doing right now), this game is a solid 9. But as a fan? 10/10. 12/10. 1000000/10. I love this game and I guarantee any fan will!
  61. Apr 4, 2019
    This is the best game i played in 2019.I dont know why there are so many haters but in my opinion this is very good game.Even for new players this will be very interesting.I know that the story isn't good but the gameplay is really exiting.I recomend this game to everyone who like hack and slash.
  62. Apr 4, 2019
    Impressive devil may cry, one of the best in the saga! also it is incredible the realistic photo is impressive besides the gameplay is incredible and what to say about the ost, is perfect for the game.
  63. Apr 4, 2019
    Devil May cry is back,no se necesita decir más es una digna secuela de la saga original.
  64. Apr 4, 2019
    Increible videojuego! DMC5 regresa con todo sus demonios y aun mejor a sus raices!
  65. Mar 15, 2019
    This was the first part in which I played, and I will not look on behalf of the **** but on behalf of the **** I thought the bosses are not very difficult, but I remember each of them. The characters are quite interesting, especially in the end there was not enough V. The soundtrack of the game is cool, although I didn’t like some of them. The gameplay sometimes seemed monotonous. I wasThis was the first part in which I played, and I will not look on behalf of the **** but on behalf of the **** I thought the bosses are not very difficult, but I remember each of them. The characters are quite interesting, especially in the end there was not enough V. The soundtrack of the game is cool, although I didn’t like some of them. The gameplay sometimes seemed monotonous. I was also pleased that it worked well on a not very powerful PC (gt 1030). The plot, though interesting, seemed to me to be short. A total of 9/10, - 1 point for gameplay which sometimes seems monotonous Expand
  66. May 2, 2019
    this game is nothing but a hack and slash masterpiece,the combat system is far better than God of War ,the story is great ,the characters has unique personalities .Conclusion this game has truly surpassed dmc3
  67. Apr 27, 2019
    Se você é fã da serie DMC saiba que esse jogo é o melhor em tudo até então. Embora a base de gameplay do Dante e Nero seja a mesma do DMC 4 a do DMC 5 está mais refinada e com algumas inovações, V é um personagem bom de se jogar porem é falho em lidar com inimigos de alta mobilidade. A carisma dos personagens esta impecável, a história não apresenta nenhuma surpresa, mesmo assim acabaSe você é fã da serie DMC saiba que esse jogo é o melhor em tudo até então. Embora a base de gameplay do Dante e Nero seja a mesma do DMC 4 a do DMC 5 está mais refinada e com algumas inovações, V é um personagem bom de se jogar porem é falho em lidar com inimigos de alta mobilidade. A carisma dos personagens esta impecável, a história não apresenta nenhuma surpresa, mesmo assim acaba agradando muito os fãs de longa data. As musicas temas são extremamente incitantes e estimulantes e o gráfico da nova engine se encaixou perfeitamente no jogo. Expand
  68. Mar 9, 2019
    Seriously fun game with great combat and characters. Microtransactions have no impact on progression
  69. Mar 8, 2019
    Devil May Cry 5 feels super good its story is pretty damn good the gameplay is one the absolute best you'll find in all of gaming and the same could be said about the graphics! The only con that I have with the game is that it ended too early!!
    I wanna say THANK YOU VERY MUCH CAPCOM from bring DMC NACK!! Capcom has released 2 masterpieces this year! This game is a must buy for every gamer...escpecially hack and slash gamers qho play games like bayonetta or gow.
  70. Mar 8, 2019
    Capcom have truly outdone themselves this time. You seriously have to play this game to appreciate out just how good it really is.

I beat 10 missions ( half the game ) in ONE sitting. I know we are only in March but this is already my Game of the Year.

Devil May Cry is back baby !
  71. Mar 8, 2019
    Devil May Cry 5 feels like good old Devil May Cry should, it's action packed and easy to get in it! It's fun as hell it's fast paced and it looks amazing on PS4 PRO 4k TV. Story is what is expected of DMC stories and voice acting is great. Capcom has really strong opening for this year with RE2 and DMC5 and really gives the company it's credibility back with a PUNCH! Love the series loveDevil May Cry 5 feels like good old Devil May Cry should, it's action packed and easy to get in it! It's fun as hell it's fast paced and it looks amazing on PS4 PRO 4k TV. Story is what is expected of DMC stories and voice acting is great. Capcom has really strong opening for this year with RE2 and DMC5 and really gives the company it's credibility back with a PUNCH! Love the series love the DMC5 and will recommend it for everyone who loves good old Hack'n'Slash games with decent challenge! 9/10 Expand
  72. Mar 8, 2019
    I made an account just to review this game, it honestly is **** great.
    Dante and Nero return in this epic journey to save the world, along with a new character named V.
    All of these characters play differently and fun, the story is great as well. Dante is as fun as ever, Nero has more variety in combos now because of the new tool the "Devil Breaker", V is really different than Nero and
    I made an account just to review this game, it honestly is **** great.
    All of these characters play differently and fun, the story is great as well.
    Dante is as fun as ever, Nero has more variety in combos now because of the new tool the "Devil Breaker", V is really different than Nero and Dante, he uses demons to fight for him and he is surprisingly fun.
    I rate this game a solid 10/10, the best DMC game to come out and can possibly win game of the year.
  73. Mar 8, 2019
    One of the best action-hack and slash game ever made. Dont miss the chance to play this game. Storytelling is beaitiful.
  74. Mar 8, 2019
    Game is absolutely fantastic and should be a must buy for any fan of DmC. After 10 years of waiting the game takes many risk with new ideas for weapons and characters that make it feel fresh for new or old fans!
  75. Mar 8, 2019
    Devil May Cry is back baby! And it came back strong af, Great gameplay/combo system. Amazing music, beautiful visuals. Pull my devil trigger Capcom.
  76. Mar 9, 2019
    I took a break from the DMC universe after 3, so it has been a very long time since I've enjoyed something like this. Man, I forgot how good these games are. The well paced action mixed in with a strong narrative is fantastic. Also, the graphics and soundtrack are top notch. DMC5 is a serious game, that knows how to not take itself too seriously. It's fun, it can be dark, and it's one heckI took a break from the DMC universe after 3, so it has been a very long time since I've enjoyed something like this. Man, I forgot how good these games are. The well paced action mixed in with a strong narrative is fantastic. Also, the graphics and soundtrack are top notch. DMC5 is a serious game, that knows how to not take itself too seriously. It's fun, it can be dark, and it's one heck of a ride. Expand
  77. Mar 9, 2019
    Best DMC game so far, 3 different playable characters and diversity gameplay each character. Also nothing to say to the other things i know because they're at the maximum level of perfection.
  78. Mar 8, 2019
    This game is absolutely amazing so much so I had to make an account just to express how happy I am with the Final product that Itsuno and his team created.
  79. Mar 8, 2019
    DMC 5 has come to receive the throne of hack and slash genre back. In addition to beautiful graphics and a smooth gameplay the game also offers a good storyline with it, which is a thing a lot of DMC fans would like to see since the older games has a little insufficient storyline. Yet the producers has fixed this factor game by game. There are some surprises in the game which will make youDMC 5 has come to receive the throne of hack and slash genre back. In addition to beautiful graphics and a smooth gameplay the game also offers a good storyline with it, which is a thing a lot of DMC fans would like to see since the older games has a little insufficient storyline. Yet the producers has fixed this factor game by game. There are some surprises in the game which will make you even more curious and addictive to the game. DMC 5 deserves at least a 9 point in my opinion and every hack and slash lover must try it. Expand
  80. Mar 8, 2019
    Devil may cry is back after big 11 years and its a great return. Im happy that they didint continue with dmc devil may cry. Big thanks for this gem to the Itsuno-san and his team.
  81. Mar 9, 2019
    I have always been a fan of DMC series, love the action some light puzzles and killa boss battles. DMC5 is on route to be the best of the series, amazing story and for myself the best combat system to date. New features I love, First the camera you can actually control it and truly enjoy the beautiful graphics and environments. Plus well exploring for secrets it is a big help. The combatI have always been a fan of DMC series, love the action some light puzzles and killa boss battles. DMC5 is on route to be the best of the series, amazing story and for myself the best combat system to date. New features I love, First the camera you can actually control it and truly enjoy the beautiful graphics and environments. Plus well exploring for secrets it is a big help. The combat is stellar 3 different toons and you can unlock and customize to your style! The new side missions are awesome way to grind up red orbs and grab a few blue in tow. If your crazily news to DMC there is a movie to watch and catch up. Look if your a fan of hard hitting action adventure games then this will deliver on all fronts. Expand
  82. Mar 9, 2019
    Its a great addition to the franchise and a step up in many ways, the visuals and story are way more deeply involved than in the past, the action is incredibly fluid and feels completely intuitive.
  83. Mar 8, 2019
    As a hardcore DMC fan , I really enjoyed this game.
    badass Dante is back with his insane gameplay combat . storytelling is cool (it could be better in my opinion but still great ) . Graphics & voice acting are stunning. soundtrack is good but not epic as DMC3.This game is enjoyable as hell !
  84. Mar 17, 2019
    I rushed this game in one weekend, that's how good it is, single player games are not dead
  85. Mar 8, 2019
    El mejor Devil May Cry jamas hecho, un 10 a Capcom, lo mejor de la generacion.
  86. Mar 8, 2019
    The Hardcore Action Combat King is back!!! Having an absolute blast and still will play through multiple times after finishing.
  87. Mar 8, 2019
    One of the most beloved franchise has finally returned with it’s newest installment. Devil May Cry 5 regain it’s long lost glory with success.

The main story is focusing on the characters and their past this time around. Nero, “the main protagonist” of the game fight against the underworld with his company and of course Dante. The game takes place several years after the DMC 4’s events. Comparing to previous games, DMC 5 has deeper story elements.

We also have a mysterious character name called: V in this new DMC game. V is a cool, darky and summoner character. He maybe a slow character but he has very unique moves and style. Nico, on the other hand, Nero’s new partner who serving as merchant in the game. She’s a cute and hot cowgirl. The story has also many side characters such as veterans; Lady and Trish.

****
    If we take a look at the gameplay, i’d say that the core mechanics still in here. Not changed pretty much. Dante and Nero still have their old-school moves as well as the brand new ones. Just like DMC 4, Dante’s styles (Gunslinger, Swordmaster, Trickster and Royal Guard) are remained untouched which is great for me and he still get his legendary arms. While Nero and Dante offering a mixed up gameplay, V is changing this routine with his own. All playable characters are awesome. Boss battles are fun to play, not so hard and brings a lot of fun. Combos, Aerials, New Techniques, you will find everything you need in the game.

Unlike the previous titles, DMC 5 has more freedom to play. We can encounter lots of enemies including new and the familiar ones. I really like this concept, it’s good to fight against old foes from DMC 1 and DMC 3. You can also see the old bosses in this one.

Nico is owner of our supporting shop. Thanks to her, you can call her whenever you see a phone box and you can customize your gears, skills, items and equipments.

Devil arms, acquiring new skills throughout the campaign progress, devil triggers, orbs…all of DMC fashion is here.

****
    The game is developed by “RE Engine” which also used in another Capcom title: Resident Evil 2. Overall design is awesome and very brilliant. The details are incredible, stages and environment elements are topnotch. It’s no longer has gothic+dark art direction like in DMC 3 but the locations are still perfectly fit to game’s main plot.

Cut scenes are fantastic and very well done. Not to mention voice acting is also great for each character.

Every character is highly detailed in native 4K resolutions, and the realistic details are simply mind blowing. The designers pushed the console’s limits and made a perfect job at there. There is no camera issue in the game at all.

The music is one of the few flaws of the game, it’s not so catchy or fit to battles very well, i found it cheerless and non-epic.

The game is perfectly run at 60fps and 4K resolution on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro while it runs 60fps and 1080p resolution on base PS4. Despite the cut-scenes causing some frame-rate drops, the main combat is still smooth, fluid and fast paced. Arguably, PS4 Pro version is the best version in terms of high frame-rate performance.

****
    Along with Sekiro, DMC 5 was one of the most anticipating action-adventure games for me, in 2019. It’s worth for every penny you spend and you won’t regret even for a second. Play on.
  88. Mar 30, 2019
    "Devil May Cry 5" is the best entry in the series since "Dante's Awakening". It's fast, stylish and extremely over-the-top. Long time fans will certainly love every minute of the chaotic insanity. Visually, this DMC is spectacular. The graphics engine that powered the visuals of the "Resident Evil 2" remake and RE 7 gives this installment the look of a CGI movie. DMC 5 contains 20"Devil May Cry 5" is the best entry in the series since "Dante's Awakening". It's fast, stylish and extremely over-the-top. Long time fans will certainly love every minute of the chaotic insanity. Visually, this DMC is spectacular. The graphics engine that powered the visuals of the "Resident Evil 2" remake and RE 7 gives this installment the look of a CGI movie. DMC 5 contains 20 missions, 12 hidden challenges and 6 difficulty levels. Those who loved the Bloody Palace will be pleased to know it will be included in a free future update. As far as the gameplay of this fourth sequel, it is what you'd pretty much expect. Linear pathways and non-stop combat. Nero and Dante control the same as before and the new character V features his own distinct fighting style. I would recommend the Deluxe Edition (which is 10 bucks more) since it includes four additional Devil Breakers, 12 battle musical tracks, live action cutscenes and alternative title screen/stylish announcements. The only complaint I have is the numerous loading screens and the fact that you have to change characters ever few missions. It breaks the immersion and pace of the game. But overall, I would give this a 9 out of 10. Expand
  89. Mar 9, 2019
    Best way to continue this franchise , this is real DMC not that ninja theory game
  90. Mar 13, 2019
    I will say, the one thing that keeps this game from being a perfect 10 for me is that like always, Dante's gameplay is a huge cut above the other playable characters, meaning playing as anyone but Dante, feels like you aren't having as much fun as could with the game. That said, everything else is perfect. The voice acting, perfect, the visuals and music, perfect, the way every other pieceI will say, the one thing that keeps this game from being a perfect 10 for me is that like always, Dante's gameplay is a huge cut above the other playable characters, meaning playing as anyone but Dante, feels like you aren't having as much fun as could with the game. That said, everything else is perfect. The voice acting, perfect, the visuals and music, perfect, the way every other piece of cannon DMC content, perfect, the story, perfect. The game is nearly flawless, it's just that playing as V and Nero isn't as fun as Dante, and I wish it wasn't like that. That said, DMC V ultimately is the best game in the series, and if you're a fan who has not played it yet, you should fix that. Expand
  91. Mar 8, 2019
    What else is there to say? it is a damn bombastic game, whether you are familiar with it or not.
    A must buy for DmC fans. Strongly recommended for fans of action games.
  92. Mar 10, 2019
    Well I can say one thing precisely. This game is fantastic. I started to play in DMC games 3 months before release of DMC 5, so feeling of nostalgia won’t stir. The game completely justified my expectations and I enjoyed playing it. I can say this game as good as DMC 3. I guess this game has the highest chances to become action of the year. But my first impression after completing theWell I can say one thing precisely. This game is fantastic. I started to play in DMC games 3 months before release of DMC 5, so feeling of nostalgia won’t stir. The game completely justified my expectations and I enjoyed playing it. I can say this game as good as DMC 3. I guess this game has the highest chances to become action of the year. But my first impression after completing the first playthrough was just indescribable. I love the game both for story and combat, because this two factors can’t be reviewed separately. I don’t know how does it work, however when you play for some character in DMC you start to understand him a bit and start to sympathize him. This is amazing integration of both story and gameplay and the most interesting thing is that you start to enjoy game more and more as you play longer. This game is just good. Very good. Expand
  93. Mar 14, 2019
    The best DMC game, as well as DMC3, what's a tough task. Amazing game. Perfect. Totally worth it.
  94. Mar 8, 2019
    Masterpiece! Capcom show all its best in this game
    PS: live cutscenes are epic :)
  95. Mar 9, 2019
    Lo he terminado y creo que es el mejor devil may cry, he jugado todos desde el 1, me encantó la historia donde se explica algunos misterios de la serie, mejoraron las armas de Dante cómo nunca hubiera imaginado, sería perfecto si dejarán elegir el personaje en todas las misiones al menos en la segunda vuelta cuando ya conoces la historia, podría ser juego del año junto a resident evil 2Lo he terminado y creo que es el mejor devil may cry, he jugado todos desde el 1, me encantó la historia donde se explica algunos misterios de la serie, mejoraron las armas de Dante cómo nunca hubiera imaginado, sería perfecto si dejarán elegir el personaje en todas las misiones al menos en la segunda vuelta cuando ya conoces la historia, podría ser juego del año junto a resident evil 2 remake, muy bien por Capcom, música 10, video 9, jugabilidad 10 Expand
  96. Mar 10, 2019
    It's the best DMC ever done
    this game is **** perfect under EVERY ASPECT
    -gameplay
    -graphics
    -story
    -characters
    -music
    -replayablity
    It's insane how good is this game
  97. Mar 8, 2019
    The KING of action Hack&Slash is back to remind you casuals what actual depth in a video game means. Devil May Cry 5 respects it's fanbase while also moving the franchise forward to a more modern approach and exposes all these drama Youtubers for putting their dirty feet in their mouth multiple times in the past 6 months. "DMC5 hAS pAy tO wIN mIcROtRAnsAcTiOns!!111".. The game is more thanThe KING of action Hack&Slash is back to remind you casuals what actual depth in a video game means. Devil May Cry 5 respects it's fanbase while also moving the franchise forward to a more modern approach and exposes all these drama Youtubers for putting their dirty feet in their mouth multiple times in the past 6 months. "DMC5 hAS pAy tO wIN mIcROtRAnsAcTiOns!!111".. The game is more than generous with it's red orbs and it's not balanced around microtransactions unlike other games that even got nominated for GOTY 2018 (Where was your energy then "gamers"?)

Huge props to Capcom for listening to their fans and delivering quality products for the majority of this generation. They deserve all the praise and support they can get, so that they keep giving us good games (maybe revive older franchises like Dino Crisis). Capcom is BACK, DMC is B-A-C-K, gaming IS BACK. Thank you Hideaki Itsuno sama, thanks to the whole DMC staff. We love you
  98. Mar 8, 2019
    Devil may cry 5 is easily the best entry of the series and it has moved to the next level in every aspect imaginable . Graphics and design are beautiful , gameplay and combat is better than ever , more characters with better stories to tell each one of them , challenging enemies with some dispicable creatures and unforgiving bosses ! Capcom has manage to bring ,mafter an excelent job withDevil may cry 5 is easily the best entry of the series and it has moved to the next level in every aspect imaginable . Graphics and design are beautiful , gameplay and combat is better than ever , more characters with better stories to tell each one of them , challenging enemies with some dispicable creatures and unforgiving bosses ! Capcom has manage to bring ,mafter an excelent job with resident evil 2 remake , yet another great game in only 3 months of 2019 . They are simply writing history Expand
  99. Mar 9, 2019
    Yeah, there are a censor in scenes with Trish or Lady on PS4, but i think that too little to give bad review for all game. Game is pretty good and wonderful. Game graphics there too not bad. (i think it's really beautiful for ps4).
  100. Mar 9, 2019
    Devil may cry 5 is a good continuation of the series, precisely in the form that it once existed. Combat system, combinations, bosses, locations - everything is cool. But there are moments, for example, a lot of fights, but because of a good fight, you don’t notice them. No old puzzles, this is a minus. But overall, this is the Devil may cry of our time.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 10, 2019
    Another success for Capcom. Devil May Cry has received a fresh injection of demon blood, and is as SSStylish as ever. A treat to look at, and a treat to play. [Issue#161, p.86]
  2. Apr 8, 2019
    When one rival put on weight, grew a bushy beard and decided to raise his son in the Northern bewilderness, the other chose a pair of stylish high-heels a couple sizes too small and the third now only appears to smash some oversized ta-tas, Devil May Cry 5 is proving that it is too early to put hack'n slash games out of commission. It's a gorgeous, glorious game of great current interest. A crown jewel from Capcom's most skilled goldsmiths.
  3. Mar 31, 2019
    Although the online functions could have been better, the unique and satisfying combat styles of Nero, Dante and V greatly contribute in evolving Devil May Cry 5 to the next level. While gaining a more photorealistic look thanks to Capcom’s RE engine, the stylish action we have come to love from the series is better than ever.