4.7

1. Jun 25, 2016
    First let me say im an old school gamer and kick off 1&2 are amongst my favourite games of all time. I was always dubious about this before release as i know remakes can be terrible at times.
    New comers to the game will more than likely hate it. Its nothing like fifa and pes. Its old school, one button does all. Its fast and frenetic and no room for error. Think of it like the dark souls of football games. You need to sink plenty of time in to get some competent skills.

Ok now the bad. Dino himself said it was rushed out so at the moment game modes are restricted to practice, single player, euro cup and 1vs1 online.

The core gameplay itself needs some tweaks. The ai can be questionable at times and the game is also card free so some games can descend into foul fests with no repercussions. Corners and freekicks can be hard to do right as well and goalkeepers could be a touch better.

The game will have ongoing patches so expect improvements. It is barebones at the moment and the gameplay needs some refinement but im enjoying it as the netplay connection is solid and its fun to play.

Those on the fence id advise you wait for patches. Those like me who want to relive it now warts n all dive in!
  2. Jun 28, 2016
    It's a bit bare bones, and the graphics and sound are way too basic. I would recommend the developer works with a good designer to improve the visuals in particular. The stadium and crowd graphics are cringeworthy! It's more than a bit of a stretch to claim that this is all part of the 'retro revival' theme in this game.

Overall though it's a very solid game at its core and is very

Overall though it's a very solid game at its core and is very rewarding after you put the effort in to get over the steep learning curve, and I'm looking forward to playing this again and again as the playability is so high. But please, make it look better. Gameplay isn't *literally* everything.

1. Games Master UK
    Sep 6, 2016
    Like England's current squad this is woeful, broken, and actually depressing. [Sept 2016, p.85]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Sep 6, 2016
    This may not be the worst Kick Off game ever, but even blind nostalgia can't redeem its many faults. [Sept 2016, p.108]
  3. Aug 26, 2016
    If you were a Kick Off fan (or still are), you will probably find what you expected: a truly difficult game to master, faithful to its roots and that doesn't want you to feel assisted. If you're not familiar with the series, you'll first notice poor visuals and lack of content. But if you take some time to master, you sure can have some good fun.