8.0

1. Oct 27, 2015
    Being a long time srpg ,rpg and ,crpg player This game Is a must for consoles. Its vast diversity from the typical arpg makes exploring worth it. From pc to console Thiis company doesn't go wrong the devs are awesome, This is a rare gem you shouldn't pass by 10/10! And with divinity Os 2 kickstarter finished You can only expect more from a excellent dev crew
  2. Mar 7, 2016
    I loved this game. It is a classic, old school isometric RPG in the mould of Balders Gate, but with enough of a twist to keep the classic formula fresh and exciting. Great writing and plot, interesting combat mechanics, great crafting, freedom to interact with pretty much anything and a ton of content make this a joy. The game is challenging and takes time and thought, so may not be forI loved this game. It is a classic, old school isometric RPG in the mould of Balders Gate, but with enough of a twist to keep the classic formula fresh and exciting. Great writing and plot, interesting combat mechanics, great crafting, freedom to interact with pretty much anything and a ton of content make this a joy. The game is challenging and takes time and thought, so may not be for everyone, but if you like old school RPG's and enjoy a challenge, then this is the game for you! Expand
  3. Jun 24, 2019
    Awesome game! Incredible experience, one of the best rpg game that I ever played!
  4. Dec 13, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Left my full review on steam so i'll edit this one here. This review is for the PC version of the game.

After some odd 94 hours of play time, some some of that being my computer on idle, I cannot recommend this game. I have played many other RPGs including Dragon Age origins. I originally got bored after act 1 and some of it's tedious combat mechanics and stupid levels of fake difficulty but decided to try playing again. Internet guides certainly helped fix some issues.

Game expects you to die a lot to "learn" it's mechanics which were never explained well in the first place. It's got a pretty terrible autosave system to boot so make sure that the second key you are familiar with after mouse clicking is the damn quicksave key. Forget this and you'l sometimes have to recouperate hours of progress, especially when most of the party is dead, and you have no gold to revive them with out a scroll, and the only magical free revive spell is occuping a master slot in witchcraft with a lv 15 requirement. **** ewwww. Other games had better systems than this.

The story gets bogged down pretty fast and you'll probably lose interest by act 2. The writting varies at times from good to comically questionable. Most of the voice actors do a decent job. However the town markets criers are ear gratingly annoying when you are at a shop screen in the area for SEVERAL MINUTES. Sometimes voices get bugged and do not play.

The game initially teaches you some basics and while some quests are straight forward while others you will never complete. For example if you find Sam's collar then a quest opens up about him. HOWEVER if you do not have the talent to talk to animals (which is a useless talent anyways and takes up a slot for something better) then you will never be able to complete the quest and the game does not tell you this (you need to look it up online like a majority of things for this game). Quests sometimes range from straight forward to inanely obtuse.

Combat is obtuse and difficult. Higher difficulties don't make the enemy smart but instead pad health. Regular enemies have a lot of crowd control abilites which you will need to revive. Multiclassing is mandidtory on anythign but the easiest difficulty.

Blacksmitting, crafting, and loremaster were annoying and often resulted in me cheking online tables.

I absolutely hate the RPS minigame and charisma does nothing for you. Get the mod that removes it and make charisma worth something. all guides agree it does **** for you.

Without going into too much detail the straw for me that broke the camel's back was finishing Bairdotr's quest and the character not recognizing any change storywise. Depending on what traits you have you can permanently lose Bairdotr in a dialogue exchange with Jareth. In order to not lose her you need to kill the bastard before dialogue ends or skip the dialogue entirelyThe game mocked you for caring. I have better things to do with my time than finishing this **** of an experience.

Had I done more research at the time I would have skipped this entry. Divinity original Sin 2 is grades better than this. I will probably be picking up the 2nd game shortly as they have resolved many off the issues with the first that I have listed. If you insist on playing this entry beyond the issues I mentioned do yourself a favor and get some guides that will help you build your characters and complete the game. You might want to also look up some exp and/or respawning enemies mods. Maybe a mod to alleviate the terrible crafting system too.
  5. Oct 29, 2015
    Very solid game. Slow paced at times, but great RPG elements, character customization and voice acting. If you're new to the genre, DO NOT SKIP THE TUTORIAL DUNGEON! It will get even rookie players familiar with the concepts and the system. A solid purchase if you like the old Baldur's Gate style of game, with a modernized playstyle.
  6. Oct 28, 2015
    Fantastic unexpected gem, with being a console player previously never having heard of this game until a Facebook ad caught my eye. Refreshing to the AAA cinematic games, in terms of gameplay its fantastic there is nothing like this really on PS4. Would recommend to any RPG fan
  7. Nov 9, 2015
    This is a very slow paced isometric turned based game with lots of times spent in menus and with none of the streamlined features that are found in Diablo 3 PS4 Version. This is no Diablo in case you are thinking it is. The first 10 hours I have maybe been in combat 4 times or maybe 5% of the time. So why did I give it a 9. It has a cool story that unfolds from a simple murderThis is a very slow paced isometric turned based game with lots of times spent in menus and with none of the streamlined features that are found in Diablo 3 PS4 Version. This is no Diablo in case you are thinking it is. The first 10 hours I have maybe been in combat 4 times or maybe 5% of the time. So why did I give it a 9. It has a cool story that unfolds from a simple murder investigation. I am only getting to the good stuff at 12 hours (but you should be hooked by 3-5 hours), but I see myself finishing this one because of the story. I also really like the tactical combat and the range of abilities and loot that can be had even early on. A word of caution. The game does not scale enemies (they have preset stats), so if you find yourself in an area with enemies well above your level, you probably should turn back and try a different area. The gate soldiers will warn you. It might be good to listen to them, although I was able to triumph over enemies 2 levels above me (maybe I got lucky since he didn't even get to attack due to my quick kill). Be sure to examine the enemies with a character with a point or two in lore (the archer in the cage has that skill). It will show you enemy strengths and weaknesses. So in short, this is the polar opposite of a hack n slash rpg. Unlike many games these days it requires thinking and planning. Highly recommended for you to give it a try if this sounds even like it might possibly your type of game. I was on the fence and finally got it. I'm so glad I did haven't regretted it. Will have to pick up Fallout 4 later on. This game just won't let me go. Expand
  8. Mar 12, 2016
    Divinity is a game that, for better or worse, simply refuses to really help the player out at all. If you put your stats into the wrong places at the beginning you'll be unable to progress past the first few hours and even after that the its never quite clear where you are supposed to be going half the time with the game quite happy to let you to run headlong into enemies that are far tooDivinity is a game that, for better or worse, simply refuses to really help the player out at all. If you put your stats into the wrong places at the beginning you'll be unable to progress past the first few hours and even after that the its never quite clear where you are supposed to be going half the time with the game quite happy to let you to run headlong into enemies that are far too high a level for you to beat.

If you can get past these frustrations, and my brother and I did for a good 20 or so hours, you'll find a deep and rewarding RPG underneath with the added bonus that you can play the whole thing co-op either online or offline.

In the end the cycle of getting lost, dying and then making a small bit of progress simply became too tedious for us and spoilt what could have been a very enjoyable experience.
  9. Oct 13, 2019
    Well, this game is really really bad. I'll start with the good things though.
    The battle system is crazy good. The amount of things you can do and ways that you can approach a quest or a fight is incredible. Also, the graphics look sharp.
    As for the bad things, there are a lot. There are plenty of game breaking bugs throughout the game. The story is toothless. The game is aimless and
    Well, this game is really really bad. I'll start with the good things though.
    As for the bad things, there are a lot.
    There are plenty of game breaking bugs throughout the game. The story is toothless. The game is aimless and focus TOO MUCH on TOO MANY useless boring puzzles. The difficult spikes are unbalanced and terribly unfair. Sometimes, if you want to do something specific to progess on a quest, you'll need to have a certain skill or an item. They won't warn you about that and if you don't have it, you won't get through. Oh, and if you don't have a mage, you basically won't beat the game. This game won't help you at all and objectives are never clear enough.
    This game had everything to be the next Baldur's Gate, but has too many wrongs to do right.
    I don't recommend this game at all.
  10. Oct 28, 2019
    Larian, congratulations but you have successfully alienated 98% of gamers.
    Divinity is overly complex, complicated and slow.
    Granted I never got out of Cyseal in the 8 hours of.... errand running juxtaposed with about 7 minutes of battles. The Rock, Paper, Scissors is a farce and are clearly implemented only for co-op players, which I am not. I did get a few laughs and frequently found
    Larian, congratulations but you have successfully alienated 98% of gamers.
    Divinity is overly complex, complicated and slow.
    I did get a few laughs and frequently found myself praising the game and actually loving it.
    Unfortunately its a MASSIVE commitment which I simply can't justify
  11. Jan 11, 2016
    This game is D&D in a video game. It's awesome, create a character by picking a class and voice and grab a friend for the ride. Did i mention it was an RPG? oh well its an RPG and the quests are great, the dungeons are fun and the turn based combat is great. It's a little slow paced at times but that is a small price to pay for such an awesome game. Also one of the best quest lines is toThis game is D&D in a video game. It's awesome, create a character by picking a class and voice and grab a friend for the ride. Did i mention it was an RPG? oh well its an RPG and the quests are great, the dungeons are fun and the turn based combat is great. It's a little slow paced at times but that is a small price to pay for such an awesome game. Also one of the best quest lines is to solve a murder, it took me and my friend 12 hours and we had a blast... also may have stolen and sold paintings to make quick money... 11/10 Expand
  12. Jun 27, 2018
    If you're a hardcore player then this could be one of the best games you'll ever play.

I am not, so take this review as subjective as all reviews are. What I didn't like about this game was the unbalanced difficulty, especially in the early hours of playing, where enemies range from easy to impossible much too quickly, and reviving fainted characters was far too cumbersome. Also,

I am not, so take this review as subjective as all reviews are.

Also, a selling point of this game is its lack of hand-holding when it comes to figuring out quests and where to go etc., and whilst this may please some, it massively irritated me as they have taken this a bit too far and it can cause you to waste a lot of time wandering around aimlessly. I also wonder if this gameplay element is responsible for people buying the strategy guide or going online, in which case it makes the concept irrelevant if people are just going to look up guides anyway.

Having said that, there are some fantastic game mechanics in here. The characters are interesting and the combat is intriguing, like all good RPGs.

If you've got the time and energy, I'd fully recommend it. If you're more casual and prefer to breeze through games, then avoid.
  13. Oct 29, 2015
    The base game was already extremely good and was a must buy in my opinion if you like RPGs in the vein of neverwinter nights or baldur's.
    But this? This is even better! Plus it's free if u got the previous version!
    Btter Ui, faster loading times, reworked IA, a new game mode etc etc!! I am very proud I got my hands on this game (PC and Console! ; Couch coop masterrace!) An enhanced
    But this? This is even better! Plus it's free if u got the previous version!
    Btter Ui, faster loading times, reworked IA, a new game mode etc etc!!

An enhanced version of a must buy? A mustmustbuy!
  14. Oct 29, 2015
    Great classic turn-based RPG. Not an easy one (even normal mode is hard sometimes). Graphics is nice, story is AWESOME. Game-play is great, only minus is inventory management, it can be pain in the ass. It's great to have this game on console (had played PC version of original game before). Well done controls porting.
  15. Oct 27, 2015
    It has been a long time since I have played a turn based RPG that captivated me from the get go. From what I have experienced so far, this game is up there with Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age Origins. The world of Rivelon is beautifully hand crafted complimented by a rich and interesting lore, characters are believable and dialogue (now completely voiced over) adds for aIt has been a long time since I have played a turn based RPG that captivated me from the get go. From what I have experienced so far, this game is up there with Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age Origins. The world of Rivelon is beautifully hand crafted complimented by a rich and interesting lore, characters are believable and dialogue (now completely voiced over) adds for a deep and immersive experience. The music and sound effects are added polish to an already well designed game. What is most impressive is how they have adapted this masterpiece to consoles in an almost seamless fashion, from control mechanics to split screen coop, something rare in today's gaming industry. More developers need to put this type of effort into their games. Congratulations Larian Studios, you have created an absolute gem. Expand
  16. Jun 21, 2017
    I enjoyed this game, but I am actually kind of surprised by the rave reviews that professional game critics and users are giving the game. Yes, it's pretty good, but I personally can't give it more than an 8. The characters and story were very bland in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of the cartoony graphics either. The game can be EXTREMELY difficult at times (I played on the hardestI enjoyed this game, but I am actually kind of surprised by the rave reviews that professional game critics and users are giving the game. Yes, it's pretty good, but I personally can't give it more than an 8. The characters and story were very bland in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of the cartoony graphics either. The game can be EXTREMELY difficult at times (I played on the hardest setting, Tactician mode, and I died a LOT), but I appreciate a challenging RPG! So this was a good thing! I would never DARE play Honour Mode (where your entire save game is over if you dies once). What I DID like about the game is two things: 1.) there is a good amount of humor in the game, which I found funny at times and appreciated, and 2.) most importantly, the turn based combat is AWESOME!!!!! That is what kept me coming back for more. The story and characters didn't interest me, but I managed to push through the entire game on tactician mode (the hardest difficulty) because I loved the strategic, turn-based combat. It took me approximately 115 hours to beat the game and do almost everything (I used some guides I found online to make sure I didn't miss anything - the developers didn't make a strategy guide for the game). If you like very difficult, strategic, turn-based combat in your rpgs, you will enjoy this game. If you play rpgs mostly for the story, you will probably be bored. Expand
  17. Jan 15, 2016
    Game is amazing.

That said its not for everyone, it is very challenging. Sometimes you actually fail in this game a few times before you can figure out the right tactic. This makes it very rewarding. I felt like every encounter mattered. The game focuses you to adjust your tactics to the situation.

If you like RPGs at all you should enjoy this quite a bit.
  18. Jan 7, 2016
    My personal surprising game of the year. Deep character building and not a game play, that takes you on your hand through the world. But the best part is walking together on one screen through a real RPG with tactical fights.
  19. Jan 12, 2016
    Shocked at how great this is. This is how a real RPG should be and I'm very glad to see that some game companies haven't tossed away the roots of the genre in favor of simplicity (Fallout 4...). Dialogue choices are dynamic, many quests have different branches and many (even main story quests) have alternative outcomes that require a new playthrough. Difficulty is reminiscent of old-schoolShocked at how great this is. This is how a real RPG should be and I'm very glad to see that some game companies haven't tossed away the roots of the genre in favor of simplicity (Fallout 4...). Dialogue choices are dynamic, many quests have different branches and many (even main story quests) have alternative outcomes that require a new playthrough. Difficulty is reminiscent of old-school RPGs, and planning and strategizing is key to winning, even in normal. If you're complaining about how most games developed these days are going easy mode to cater to more casual players, this game is for you. Not only is it difficult, but every fight is rewarding, every level gained is fun to get, and the customizations/builds are great. I wholly enjoyed the true split-screen co-op couch experience and it worked perfectly. I haven't seen games that have done such great couch co-op in a while. Voice acting, 99% of the game is voice acted, and voice acted WELL, which brings the game more to life.

One tip though: Save A LOT. Abuse Quick save after every battle, every 5 minutes, etc. You'll need to get into the habit of this. This game exemplifies personal freedom, which is a double-edged sword. It WILL let you aggro every NPC possible (even your companions, who will leave you permanently if you piss them off too much) and it also WILL allow you to die even in unintentional circumstances (such as you accidentally triggering a trap that activates a poisonous gas or lava that wipes your party). You'll need to make sure you quick-save a lot in order to reload after you screw up (I screwed up a **** of times...). Also, this game may crash randomly from time to time, I experienced a crash every 10 or so hours, so quick saves will help prevent that.

I recommend you get this game if you are nostalgic of traditional RPG elements and if you were disappointed in Fallout 4's freedom and are looking for something similar to fallout 3.
  20. Apr 12, 2016
    It's a totally fun game, especially with a friend. The only things that are lacking are a clear sense of direction, a pretty ruthless difficulty (which I did find fun, however), and a cumbersome interface. I can see causal gamers HATING this game, because it doesn't tell you where to go with a marker; you have to figure it out for yourself by actually listening to the dialogue or readingIt's a totally fun game, especially with a friend. The only things that are lacking are a clear sense of direction, a pretty ruthless difficulty (which I did find fun, however), and a cumbersome interface. I can see causal gamers HATING this game, because it doesn't tell you where to go with a marker; you have to figure it out for yourself by actually listening to the dialogue or reading short, in-game books or scrolls for information. For those willing to invest some time, though, this is all about quality and value. Expand
  21. HSC
    Oct 28, 2015
    I know we like to min/max our metactiric scores, to make it seem like we can influence/make up for opposite scores. But this game is a 9 - 10 game no matter where you are at. The original was very good, this is a AAA effort here, they've improved on so many things. It's like a super patch, more time to balance, more dialog to make the story stick better, better direction, all voiced forI know we like to min/max our metactiric scores, to make it seem like we can influence/make up for opposite scores. But this game is a 9 - 10 game no matter where you are at. The original was very good, this is a AAA effort here, they've improved on so many things. It's like a super patch, more time to balance, more dialog to make the story stick better, better direction, all voiced for elegance. On and on, more better. Thank You! Expand
  22. Oct 28, 2015
    nice game turn based combat its wonderful and everything is voiced its a must buy if you want crpg story and excellent combat and did i mentioned the nice graphics.
  23. Oct 28, 2015
    Fantastic game! Classic role playing at its best! Controls take a little getting used to at the start, but once you have that down they work great, and the graphics look very good on my PS4. I love the turn based combat, works very well on a console.I will advise there is very little hand holding in this game. There are tutorials at the start, but after a bit it is up to you. ThereFantastic game! Classic role playing at its best! Controls take a little getting used to at the start, but once you have that down they work great, and the graphics look very good on my PS4. I love the turn based combat, works very well on a console.I will advise there is very little hand holding in this game. There are tutorials at the start, but after a bit it is up to you. There are plenty of walkthroughs online though if you get stuck. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2015
    Gamepad controls mapping Unmatched RPG depth Fully voiced NPCs Split-screen co-op reat RPG elements, character customization and voice acting. Classic role playing at its best
  25. Nov 26, 2015
    I just can say: woah. Enhanced version its really kickass (was really disappointed with first edition). Lots of role playing and fun. Ill try to say my honest opinion with this one,

Pros: Nice fights, really fun and versatile. Role playing is kickass, you can alter quest such in a massive way. Interesting maps, really invites you to discover entire maps and keeps you with mystery

Pros:
    Nice fights, really fun and versatile.
    Role playing is kickass, you can alter quest such in a massive way.
    Interesting maps, really invites you to discover entire maps and keeps you with mystery through them.
    Intuitive quests, not for lazy minded people.
    Leveling is fun, you can spend a bunch of time thinking what to invest, that's kinda cool imo.
    Enhanced edition improves almost everything, the improve in graphics, effects, optimization its really mindblowing in compared with the last year one. Pretty solid.

Cons:
    Not best story or dialogues (its kinda weird, but that weird thing maybe keeps you interested).
    Voice acting isnt the best (sometimes its annoying to hear npc speech's)
    Difficulty: not friendly (old fashioned way, you can encounter high lvl mobs that only warns you not to keep going that way lol).
  26. Nov 3, 2016
    This game is a real headache. Complex, loads of reading and really deep systems involved. I got it on the back of absolutely loving Wasteland 2 and Xcom 2 and was hungry for more strategy RPG type games. This one is nowhere near as accessible as the afore-mentioned games and has driven me a bit mad. Takes hours of reading unless you want to get destroyed or end up with the wrong buildsThis game is a real headache. Complex, loads of reading and really deep systems involved. I got it on the back of absolutely loving Wasteland 2 and Xcom 2 and was hungry for more strategy RPG type games. This one is nowhere near as accessible as the afore-mentioned games and has driven me a bit mad. Takes hours of reading unless you want to get destroyed or end up with the wrong builds and skills. It's still a good RPG but a bridge too far for me- I played ten hours and then had had enough. I will get back into it someday as it looks good in a lot of ways- locations, exploration looting etc but be warned- its not for the casual. Expand
  27. Nov 1, 2015
    everything about this game is awesome! BUT! i get error all the time in fights. Its really frustrating. I must restart the game and do the fight all over again.
  28. Dec 5, 2015
    This game is a blast! If you consider yourself an RPG fan you shouldn't miss this one. Even after finishing vanilla version of the game on my Mac I picked it up for PS4 just to enjoy the journey with my GF on splitscreen. Controls mapping seems to be good enough and more importantly consistent throughout menus and little improvement here and there improve the experience a lot.
  29. Oct 28, 2015
    Amazing game.

Beautifull graphics, sounds are amazing. Well thought out game. If you like RPG`s this is one of the best ever made. Vanilla was great but the enhanced edition made it even better.
  30. Nov 6, 2015
    Great local co-op game. My wife and I we are playing this game split screen and we love it. While my wife is not a gamer she appreciate turn based combat(she has time to think), a lot of non combat quests and we are both surprised by number of options, game allow you to play in so many ways that we love this.

Technically game is solid, 30 fps works well. There few moments when game

Technically game is solid, 30 fps works well. There few moments when game drops below this value but this not affect your experience.

2 tips: - you can block split screen by pressing "left" on d-pad. - it is easier to pick up items from ground by long holding X button. Yellow circle will start growing around you and all items in that circle will be listed in separate window, then you can pick what you want to take.
  31. Oct 27, 2015
    The game itself is brilliant. Beautiful graphic, intuitive control by Dualshock 4 and lot of thing to do. The only cons is really messy (chaotic) inventory.
  32. Oct 28, 2015
    Best turned based RPG on the market. A coop heaven, lots of fun with friends. Now with extra content, control support, and many more enhancements. Play it, enjoy, love it.
  33. Oct 27, 2015
    One of the best turn based old school rpg's I have ever played. Beautiful graphics, perfect amount of difficulty, good sense of humor, long story with endless side quests, great tactical combat, Rivellon is awesome and I would advise anyone and everyone to give it a shot... For it would be a sin too miss out on such an epic game... an Original sin.
  34. Oct 27, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this is brilliant if you love couch coop and love rpg's. My buddy and I enjoying ourselves way to much. We even had our girlfriends jump in and drop out. Needless to say this fills a big void in competent, coop, loot, grinding, tactical rpg gaming. It's been about three years since anything close

Graphics are solid. everything is solid. Joint decision making is a blast. being able to keep adventuring while my buddy goes to town is phenomenal. I have not played alone so I cannot rate that experience but together it is a 10/10 and one of my favorite coop experiences ever.

The only bad i can think of right now is the menus and character management can be a bit clunky.
  35. Nov 19, 2015
    Wow! This game is overestimated! I love isometric RPG and I missed them a lot, specially because I'm a console gamer now, but Divinity gave me more frustration than fun.

The game is very hard, even in the easiest mode. I don't pay crybabe here, but the game offers you no help to deal with it. You should Google if you have any doubt about the mechanics. The quest log isn't helpful, the inventory management is painful, and you MUST have at least one mage in your team if you wanna be successful. The game starts really slow (I think I've played about 12 hours before the real adventure began).

I like challenging games. I played all Dark Souls, Dragon Age and The Witcher in the hardest modes, but Divinity Original Sin doesn't involve you enough to make you care about the story and your team. Everything is so hard. I used to spent so much time healing my team and managing inventories that I was missing all fun. Why play a game like that?
  36. Dec 6, 2015
    Love this Game The Wife and I have been having so much fun. I do enjoy the graphics design and the story is well written and the characters are well done.

The soundtrack is a great asset in this game I found myself wanting to go and download them so I can listen the great tracks on my Ipod the customising with your character is fun too there is a lot of options but I still think that if they put in races with attributes ect (Dark Elves, Men, Dwarves, High Elves ect) it would be a lot better but doesn't take anything away from the game.

Co,op is so amazing I have been waiting for a game that I can have fun split screen with my friends and my wife, Co,op in this game is top notch to play with someone and battle over leadership is so much fun and honesty I don't think i have played a game where you can challenge you friend for leadership or disagree with the decision he made in a quest is so good!!!!

Overall its fun to play the inventory could be better but I still love divinity on ps4 even if the Pc version is better (as it would be) but I think they did a excellent job porting it over to Ps4 Great Job!! Guys
  37. Sep 16, 2017
    I feel bad but score must be low, this game is really boring at most of point. I wanted to play it all before review here but i can't. But i played long enough to have an opinion (got into second location, luculla forest or something like that), plot is awful, most of the game is turn based fight and moving through the city (and hunting for good spells), bosses are a challenge but nothingI feel bad but score must be low, this game is really boring at most of point. I wanted to play it all before review here but i can't. But i played long enough to have an opinion (got into second location, luculla forest or something like that), plot is awful, most of the game is turn based fight and moving through the city (and hunting for good spells), bosses are a challenge but nothing interesting at all (and sometimes they are hard enough to be frustrating so a lot of players use "terrain cheat" like blocking enemy with barrels. IMO game is overhyped but i'll increase my note because of some pearl quests and amazing idea name for "pontius pirate" (it's so great name for paper RPG character), if u are new in this type of games, better try planescape torment baldur's gate both EE or tyranny/pillars of eternity expedition vikings if prefer newer games. Expand
  38. Mar 13, 2016
    Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition
    New School RPG with an Old School Feel
    Divinity Original Sin tells the story of 2 source hunters that you get to customize at the beginning of the game, customization is pretty basic so you’ll be lucky to get a character to match your likeness even a tiny bit These source hunters are out to solve a town murder, but while solving this murder they’re
    Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition
    New School RPG with an Old School Feel
    These source hunters are out to solve a town murder, but while solving this murder they’re sent down a path and realize they need to solve something much larger than this.
    Before you play this game, you need to be self-aware with the kind of gamer you, because while this game is fairly new, the way it’s delivered isn’t.
    Don’t expect a top down Skyrim…
    I was reminded many times of Pokémon, in the sense that every city you go to has its own story that still connects to the main story.., you set out on a journey and that’s it, you’re on your own, see you later or never, the game doesn’t care.
    It will not hold your hand, other than marking the occasional few important places on your map for you to go check out
    This is a 60 hour journey that you’ll need to figure your way through.
    And the only way to do this is to listen to the conversations…
    At first this doesn’t seem like too much to ask, but every character you run into talks longer than your mom does when she bumps into somebody she knows at a grocery store,
    I’m almost certain 15 of the 60 hours was spent sitting through dialog..
    You can skip through any and all, but this isn’t advised as again, it’s the only way you’re going to figure out where to go to next,
    you have to literally immerse yourself into the game world to beat it... you have become your character…
    That being said, if you don’t have the time or patience to literally almost live another life you’re not going to like this game….
    Sure you can follow a guide, but who wants to do that for 60 hours?
    Otherwise, you’ll find this game to be quite the masterpiece
    You’re solving mysteries and puzzles, there are side quests that can help with main quests, tons of npcs to interacts and trade with, and you want to talk to every npc, helps them, get on their good side and sometimes be able to bring them along your journey..
    Their help is much welcomed because outside the city walls the wilderness if full of enemies ready to kill you
    Beyond the problem solving that’s going on, there is a turn based combat system here…
    This fighting system is very simple to understand with tons of skills and spells to learn based on your characters skills that you get to freely choose as you level up...
    You could easily turn a brute to a witch and vice versa….
    Through shops, chests, and bookshelves, you’ll find tons of skill books to teach your characters new moves for battles…
    You have your basic elemental attacks which come in handy since enemies do usually have a weakness, and the environment is completely interactive…
    You can catch things on fire, blow them up, throw poison grenades, it’s all fair game...
    My favorite though is the ability to summon creatures to help you…
    By the end all 4 of my characters could summon at least 1 creature, while only 1 of the 4 were a witch…
    You aren’t forced to stick to certain skills based on your characters stats... there is an insane amount of freedom here…
    Still, it took me a little over halfway through the game to get my team so stacked... so for the first half I had to rely a lot on scroll, which can be used to regenerate a fallen member, summoned creatures, or do elemental attacks…
    I did however feel that I was a little too over powered in the last 40% of the game…
    I hardly had to think during battles..
    It seems as though I’ve figure out the best strategy and it failed maybe 2 times onward…
    but even the final bosses were a breeze…
    This made the final few maps feel like a drag, and you kinda get to see just how repetitive the game real is…
    Still the first half of the game can be insanely challenging at times….
    some bosses 1 hit killing your entire team, having to force you to approach their rooms differently so all of your member don’t take the damage…
    Luckily you can find some epic loot to help with elemental damage, give you some stat boosts, and if all else fails, there is a quick save feature to let you retry as many times as you’d like, or leave, stock up and come back…
    The journey to the credits though is well worth it..
    Especially since your characters feel so real to you
    They will interrupt when they disagree with your dialog choices, causing you to have to rock paper scissors your way through a decision and this really an extra layer to the immersion..
    OF course even better if this other person is sitting on the couch with you, as this game does support split screen coop as well
    Despite feeling more like a puzzle game for the final half, Original Sin is one of the best RPGs in a long time.
    But if you aren’t willing to put in the time and effort this game demands,
    I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it
    I give Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition
    a 8.5/10
  39. Feb 9, 2016
    One of the best RPG's I have played in a long, long time.

One of the best RPG's I have played in a long, long time.

Baldur's Gate was easily my favorite game in a multi-year span before and after it came out. This game is reminiscent of that BG glory, and boy does it deliver. The best part about this title is that it is full blood RPG with great mechanics for actual roleplaying. The close second best part is that it absolutely does not hold your hand, but throws you in the fire with some basic instructions on controls. The combat system is exactly, precisely, the combat system I like the most in any third-person games.

This game just sucks you in and makes you spend hours upon hours exploring before you notice it's 3am.

The only reason why it doesn't get a 10/10 is the menu and crafting system, which is quite tedious to say the least. Maybe PC gamers have it better, but on PS4, it is quite 2009.

I had to wait until the PS4 version to get this game, forgot about it after a while, and then saw it on discount on PSN. Couldn't be happier that I finally downloaded this masterpiece. After all, it kind of got lost in the shuffle with plenty of AAA games being published at the same time, which, by the way, didn't hold the candle to Divinity: Original Sin. Not even close.
  40. Apr 7, 2016
    Been playing SRPG, RPG, and CRPG for more years than I'd like to admit, but I dare say, if you have a similar taste, then this game is a must for yee console-gamers (or PC)! There's a lot of exploring that is well worth your time, and the dev. certainly have a profound sense of humor! And I'm happy to say that Divinity Original Sin will have a follow up (thanks to another turn via aBeen playing SRPG, RPG, and CRPG for more years than I'd like to admit, but I dare say, if you have a similar taste, then this game is a must for yee console-gamers (or PC)! There's a lot of exploring that is well worth your time, and the dev. certainly have a profound sense of humor! And I'm happy to say that Divinity Original Sin will have a follow up (thanks to another turn via a successful Kickstarter) which just make me even more happy! Larian Studios, I vouch for thee, and long to see what you'll hand me in the follow up! Expand
  41. May 21, 2020
    I would say I am a casual fan of the turn based party CRPG genre. So something like the accessible Wasteland 2 and Shadow Run series is more my thing. I heard great things about this DOS series. So I decided to pick up both DOS1 and DOS2 enhanced editions.

The game looks, sounds and plays ok. After several hours of adventuring I kind of drifted off. I just felt like I was in another generic fantasy land that I didn't care or even give a crap about.

Not saying games need a great story or great characters. Spent way to much time in Skyrim/Fallout 3/4 to prove that statement true. The exploration factor and loot hooks was enough with those games.

Nothing really pulled me in with DOS. Not the story, characters, loot, exploration, combat. I really wanted to like this one and still have DOS2 to try.

Pandemic retry and the PS4 version has a annoying audio bug with missing combats sounds. Changing the one of the three audio options in the PS4 dashboard does nothing. Restarting the game was supposed to be the next fix and that is a totally RNG outcome, wtf!? The lack of audio really breaks the gameplay experience. Maybe 6/10 if they ever fix the audio.
  42. Jan 31, 2018
    DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN ENHANCED EDITION one of the best ps4 rpg and one of the best of all time. Unique, pretentious and fun battle system. Great RPG!
  43. May 11, 2019
    When Shang Tsung beat this game for the first time he said "flawless victory". Okay so it's not "flawless", but no game is. I wish the game were more difficult, but it is actually very difficult until you get to mid game, at which point it becomes only slightly difficult. That's about all I can say bad about it. The game sure is a unique experience and playing this game co op with myWhen Shang Tsung beat this game for the first time he said "flawless victory". Okay so it's not "flawless", but no game is. I wish the game were more difficult, but it is actually very difficult until you get to mid game, at which point it becomes only slightly difficult. That's about all I can say bad about it. The game sure is a unique experience and playing this game co op with my brother was probably the most fun and engaging co op experience either of us has ever had; we played the game through twice. Do yourself a big favor and don't read a gamefaqs while playing it. The game is full of a lot of fun and challenging surprises. Expand
  44. Nov 9, 2015
    Firstly, I am an old-school D&D fan, so the turn-based combat has a decided appeal (in an RPG the skill should be in the stats of the character, not in my skill with a controller). On the whole this is a pretty good game that will appeal to a niche market (jRPG fans should take note as this is a step up), but will unlikely find a wider audience given its mechanics and lack of polish.Firstly, I am an old-school D&D fan, so the turn-based combat has a decided appeal (in an RPG the skill should be in the stats of the character, not in my skill with a controller). On the whole this is a pretty good game that will appeal to a niche market (jRPG fans should take note as this is a step up), but will unlikely find a wider audience given its mechanics and lack of polish.

Pros:
    Turn-based combat that depends on every stat of the character, which is controllable/ determined by you...from who attacks first, who attacks most, through damage, defense, etc. Very satisfying...but takes a while to get back into coming off of the action style games of today.

Character customization for the above reasons; allows vastly different approaches to the game.

Crafting is strong; again, only if you are into the time it takes to appreciate it. This is another niche appreciation.

Story is ok and although the physical footprint is not large, the combination of the above and the planing involved with approaching combat, so as not to be 1-shotted, the game takes 40+ hours to complete (maybe on easy mode it would take less, not sure).

While I don't play co-op, that you can fully lay the game co-op is a fantastic feature.

Cons:
    This game was clearly made on a PC budget, from visuals to voice acting this is very obviously not a AAA product (again, much like a jRPG)

Combat, at times, can be very unfair. It is far too easy to be 1-shot killed (not just "you", your whole party!!!!!) and, in a game with a true ironman mode, that is unconscionable.

Rock-paper-scissors is a ridiculous concept to resolving disputes...and I mean ridiculous.

Like too many games over the past few years, the games become more complex, but the tutorials do not, so your early enjoyment of the game is much less than it should be...and you lose a lot of people that are borderline RPG fans.

Camera angles (top down)/ screen colors are not great and it is fairly easy not to be able to see enemies during combat as they blend into the environment (not purposely)

Enemies/ creatures do not re-spawn, so there are only a set amount of xp in this game...once you are "done" a section, it is barren (except for the corpses) for the rest of the game...huge disappointment.
  45. Feb 16, 2017
    The saving system is an embarrassment and a disgrace. The autosave feature is pathetic. It will only save in certain locations. You could go hours without an autosave kicking in. The first time I died I lost an hour of gameplay because the autosave was that far back. That was really annoying. The second time was just now, where I lost 2 hours of gameplay. I accidentally shot my party withThe saving system is an embarrassment and a disgrace. The autosave feature is pathetic. It will only save in certain locations. You could go hours without an autosave kicking in. The first time I died I lost an hour of gameplay because the autosave was that far back. That was really annoying. The second time was just now, where I lost 2 hours of gameplay. I accidentally shot my party with a fireball and Madora got angry and left the party. Expect things like that on a regular basis too, all these weird situations coming up that leave you wondering what kind of drugs the game designers were on when making this game.

The autosave is inexcusable though. In modern days you can set autosave on a timer that goes off according to what you set it at - 5 mins, 10, 15, 30, whatever you like. Is there some drugged up expectation on the part of the game designers for players to lose hours of progress, then have to repeat what they just did as if it'd be fun the second time, simply because the autosave system is utterly useless?

I don't feel like running the same dungeon I just ran for 2 hours just to get back to where I was. Is that unreasonable of me? No. Its boring and a waste of time. Tip to game developers. Don't waste peoples' time please.

I don't think I'm going to play this game again. I don't think this game deserves anything other than a 0 for botching something so basic - effective autosaving.
  46. Dec 22, 2017
    Reminiscent of Dragon Age Origins, but with very well crafted turn-based mechanics. I would like more RPG elements, like a competent story and more character development. Despite being a sprawling RPG, there is so much attention to detail that it's easy to get lost in this world.
  47. Jun 18, 2016
    Games supposed to be fun. Maybe in 1980-90 from when i think this game from it supposed to be some other way, but it is 2016 now. I was a fan of Baldur's Gate yada yada yada, That was primarily the reason i waste my money on this one. The problem is not in that Divinity isn't like old times, the problem is that it is exactly like the old times - in one word: UNFORGIVING, even on moderateGames supposed to be fun. Maybe in 1980-90 from when i think this game from it supposed to be some other way, but it is 2016 now. I was a fan of Baldur's Gate yada yada yada, That was primarily the reason i waste my money on this one. The problem is not in that Divinity isn't like old times, the problem is that it is exactly like the old times - in one word: UNFORGIVING, even on moderate level of difficulty + it has some unique rules. Trust me, if you liked Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and so on when you were younger 20 years ago it is questionable at best that you will like it now. I can force myself not to notice computer cheating in dialog challenges (same choice of 1 answer 5 times in a row have actually 0.03125 probability and it happened multiple times). I dont understand why characters moving like they are in slow mo, but ok. I can face unlimited number of explosive mines placed and other traps that are put in this game everywhere for god knows what reason. But when after hard fight and 30 seconds after the win the stage erupted and killed everyone in party.... NO WAY! I quit and not because i cant continue, but because i literally dont want to give another second of my life to this stupid torment (also it wasn't the first time it happened ether). It really was my worst experience on PS4, hell - one of the worst and frustrating experience ever and i played games from age of 7 - for 31 year. From the book "1001 game you must play before you die", i played about 850 of those on ZX Spectrum, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance, PC, PS 1 2 3 and 4, Sega Genesis, PSP, Vita and so on. Expand
  48. Sep 17, 2017
    I really was excited about this game. The world is interesting, the gameplay fun, the story enjoyable. I started my first game and made it into town despite not knowing what I was doing, but I couldn't move on with the main quest because despite doing everything I found in the walkthrough, I never got the option to make the arrest required for the story. Ok, fine. I'll start over, maybe II really was excited about this game. The world is interesting, the gameplay fun, the story enjoyable. I started my first game and made it into town despite not knowing what I was doing, but I couldn't move on with the main quest because despite doing everything I found in the walkthrough, I never got the option to make the arrest required for the story. Ok, fine. I'll start over, maybe I did something wrong, even though I looked up every guide I could find... This time I'll start with the right skills and it will be awesome!! Fast forward to the big orc battle outside town, I win and... wait, what? I can't even get inside the town this time?!? Ok, forget this game. Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2015
    After 15 hours of play I can safely say this is one of the most boring games I have ever played. I had high hopes for this turn based game (and needed something to play while waiting for Fallout 4). It has been a severe let down for the following reasons:

The Good: I don't really have any good things to say. The Neutral: Visuals are okay/acceptable for PS4 i.e. nothing

The Good:
    I don't really have any good things to say.

The Neutral:
    Visuals are okay/acceptable for PS4 i.e. nothing groundbreaking
    Storyline is very strange (at least it is original) but I found it to be more of a distraction than something that engaged me

The Bad:
    1) The inventory system in this game is HORRENDOUS. Ripping off another game's inventory system would have been more acceptable than this. Constantly transferring items is painful and performing basic RPG functions like comparing stats on items is too time consuming.

2) The leveling system probably has some type of logic applied to it i.e. why I can apply points to some categories some times and not others but it is nebulous at best.

3) The characters traverse the screen too SLOWLY. This may sound like an odd complaint but if you are a new player then you know the issue to which I am referring. Running around Cyseal isn't a quest...it's a burden. It made me feel like I was playing an 8 bit game like Dragon Warrior. I fear this may be a way to overcome a small game map but will never know.

4) Combat is almost non-existent where I am in the game (this may improve but not willing to find out) and I AM NOT playing the "I like adventure but not combat" mode.

5) Dialogue is forced, painful and contrived in many cases see also: Madora.

Overall: I'd say the positive reviews are very overblown. I was hoping for a new generation of Final Fantasy Tactics. What I bought is the RPG version of Superman 64.
  50. Mar 6, 2016
    I bought this game first on PS4 Digitally during the Flash sale during Valentines. Played fine for a week before it started to crash using Quick Save, then auto-saves started to make it crash, and eventually manual saves caused it to crash. I ended up getting a refund from PSN because it became unplayable. Made the mistake of going out and buying a hard copy of the game, and just like theI bought this game first on PS4 Digitally during the Flash sale during Valentines. Played fine for a week before it started to crash using Quick Save, then auto-saves started to make it crash, and eventually manual saves caused it to crash. I ended up getting a refund from PSN because it became unplayable. Made the mistake of going out and buying a hard copy of the game, and just like the Digital version it played fine for about 5 hours before it began crashing anytime the game saved. Its a really fun game with wonderful graphic but wasn't quality tested enough when it was converted to PS4. There is absolutely no excuse for a game to crash during of all things when saving. Saving the game is the thing you to do not loose your progression not being the main cause of it. In addition to that getting absolutely no response by the games developer in regards to these issues made it even worse. So I ended up dropping around a 100 bucks on two copies of the game that both became unplayable do to game breaking crashes focused around the games saving mechanic. Not exactly the quality you'd expect from a game that claims to have won 150 awards. Sadly even if they do eventually patch the issue the game has left a traumatic affect on me that cause me to never support this game developer again in the future. Expand
  51. Oct 6, 2016
    my god this game is terrible. There is a good kind of "hard" and this is not it. This has got to be the most hyper specific, nit picky, obnoxious game I have ever played. Micro management is annoying as hell, game is linear to the point of boredom. Very little actual choice making, terrible story. Impossible to level grind and incredibly easy to get stuck, even perma-stuck. I'm a huge fanmy god this game is terrible. There is a good kind of "hard" and this is not it. This has got to be the most hyper specific, nit picky, obnoxious game I have ever played. Micro management is annoying as hell, game is linear to the point of boredom. Very little actual choice making, terrible story. Impossible to level grind and incredibly easy to get stuck, even perma-stuck. I'm a huge fan of RPGS and hard games but I would not reccommend this to anyone besides those who love old school hyper difficult and cryptic games. Truly one of the most aggravating games Iv'e ever played. Dark souls veterans, Tactics fans and old Diablo heads will find themselves in hell playing this game. If you enjoy this game, you are a sick person, and I'm shocked it has such good reviews. Expand
  52. Oct 29, 2015
    Divinity:OS for PS4 is a huge disappointment. I played it on the PC when it first came out non-stop. And loved it. But this is a terrible port. Absolutely horrid. It's a great story and the character building and developing is above average. But the management of characters, inventory, parties, skills, etc is so poorly done, that it ruins a great game. I much prefer the inventory characterDivinity:OS for PS4 is a huge disappointment. I played it on the PC when it first came out non-stop. And loved it. But this is a terrible port. Absolutely horrid. It's a great story and the character building and developing is above average. But the management of characters, inventory, parties, skills, etc is so poorly done, that it ruins a great game. I much prefer the inventory character management of wastelands 2 to this. They made it way too time consuming. And it leaves me severely regretting buying this game that I loved so much. Expand
  53. Jan 1, 2020
    This RPG has the best battle system I have ever played, an interesting world with tons of exploration and good characters. It starts with the character creation. You can create and build your character as you want without class restrictions. Then there is the awesome battle system. It is so deep and organized. For example: You can use a rain spell to put water on the surface of the ground.This RPG has the best battle system I have ever played, an interesting world with tons of exploration and good characters. It starts with the character creation. You can create and build your character as you want without class restrictions. Then there is the awesome battle system. It is so deep and organized. For example: You can use a rain spell to put water on the surface of the ground. Then you can freeze the water to create a slippery ground (Everyone who moves over that ground can fall down. If they fall their turn ends) or you can electrify it, creating a damaging shock field or you can use a fire spell to remove it / created steam that blocks the enemies vision (Steam can also be electrified if I remember correctly). Another example is that you can put oil on the ground (Movement is decreased) that you can set on fire with everyone in it receiving damage and the burn status (Additional damage over time). I want to say that I find the decreased movement more useful than the additional damage for most of the time. It also taught me to look behind damage in spells and abilities. The debuffs and status effects spells / abilities are a useful tool which can change the tide of battle. And this only scratches the surface. You will like the experimentation with combos and different set ups. The crafting system is well done and totally integrated in the game. For example: You read that part above with the slippery iced ground? You can use nails to improve your boots to avoid slipping (I think a similar system is used in real life). You can still just improve only stats. It should be mentioned that you wont learn all abilities or skills in a branch. I advise to read some FAQs or ability guides to plan ahead. The world building and lore in this game is pretty well done. I liked getting more knowledge about the world, side characters etc. The main story is O.K. It is a bit stereotypical but delivers. The main characters are also a bit on the blank slate for you to develop side. However the side quests and side characters are well done. I find their motives, stories believable and interesting. I often got into moral dilemmas. This is also a good point to mention that you can give your 2 main characters a personality at the beginning of the game. This means that they will discuss and question the others decision at many points in the game. They will decide their approach in a mini game (Give small ability boosts to both in different directions) and can prevent you from some solutions / actions (But can be used to boost many abilities in a small but very useful amount). I want also mentioned the tactical game mode which gives you a new challenge in a unique way. In many games this means that the enemies have higher stats and more abilities. Here many battles are rearrange. Example with !!! Minor Spoilers!!! I started the tutorial battle and saw no changes. Then after my turn ended I realized that an additional enemy was placed behind me just outside my view (Had I slightly changed the camera I would have seen the enemy and started differently). Another example is a battle outside the first town. Lightning hits the ground and reawakened electrified Zombies are added to the battle. Attack them in melee combat and you get shocked / paralyzed. !!! End of spoilers!!! Overall this is purely game of the year material. Bonus: Divinity Original Sin 2 is even better. Expand
  54. Mar 5, 2016
    This is a good, fun RPG that requires a lot of strategy for its battles, providing you can be patient enough to get through the first few hours.

It's very different in how its fights play out than other RPGs I've played. Fights are turn-based. Every member of your party has a certain amount of Action Points (AP). Everything you do, from moving to spell casting to swinging your weapon consumes a certain number of AP. Enemies have the same system. Your party member's turn ends when they run out of AP or you manually end the turn. Manually ending the turn with AP remaining will store that AP for the next turn.

Learning the battle system is the second thing you'll have to slog through before you can start to enjoy the game. But eventually it just clicks and becomes a great strategic ball of fun. The first thing that players will need to get used to is the cumbersome menu. Switching between characters is simple enough, but navigating the inventory is especially frustrating. Each party member has their own inventory. If you pick up a grenade with Character 1, but want Character 2 to use it, you have manually transfer it. This goes for EVERY item on the game. It's downright painful and I really hope the developers fix it in their next game.

If you can get past that and learning the battle system, the game is a delight. You learn quite early on that the game doesn't take itself too seriously. Tongue-in-cheek humour is EVERYWHERE in this game and it's often hilarious. The story is interesting enough and plenty of side quests exist.

A word of warning though: this game does not hold your hand. You will be given many quests and while they will tell you generally where you need to go (eg north-east of town), there are no directional indicators or neon signs saying "here is the next part of your quest". It's a refreshing change, especially since most RPGs do the complete opposite. But It can be frustrating too. Sometimes I will think I've finished a quest, only for it to remain in the uncompleted section of my log with no information on how to proceed next.

In spite of all these things, the game is fun and well worth a look. You might surprise yourself at just how different it is. And how refreshingly so.
  55. Jan 21, 2016
    This is a very polished, old school adventure rpg with a lot of depth to tactical combat, character development, crafting and gameplay mechanics. As a mature gamer (39) I often feel insulted by how dumbed down current games have become. Not so with DOS-EE: the game challenges you in many ways and this makes progress feel rewarding. The writing, voice work and music are all top-notch andThis is a very polished, old school adventure rpg with a lot of depth to tactical combat, character development, crafting and gameplay mechanics. As a mature gamer (39) I often feel insulted by how dumbed down current games have become. Not so with DOS-EE: the game challenges you in many ways and this makes progress feel rewarding. The writing, voice work and music are all top-notch and the environments and dungeons feel immersive and interesting.

Regarding the negatives: my foremost worry before getting this was the turn based combat being detrimental to gameplay and immersion as I haven't been a great fan of that in the past. Remarkably though, that hasn't bothered me at all yet. The tactical aspects and mechanics behind the combat system make up for the lack of instant action.

It does look and feel like an older game however. Partly due to the classic rpg formula in a typical fantasy setting but also in graphics and art direction. Whether that's an issue for you is very personal. I can live with the lack of highly detailed facial animations as long as the game world is immersive.

One of the possible negatives to some people might be the pace of the game: not so much the combat but the depth to game mechanics make it slower paced compared to what we are used to nowadays: investigating information, inventory, equipment and skill management, crafting, and collecting the skills, gear and gold you need. These are all aspects that require time and attention to manage. All in all this gives the game a very laid back feel: you can't really rush in Divinity Original Sin, (you can try, but the game is very likely to kick your ass if you do).

So if you like pointers and instant-gratification, this is probably not a game for you. But if you like a challenging, immersive game with a laid back feel to it, and when the old-school rpg looks and formula don't deter you, I would highly recommended you pick this one up.

For me it is a breath of fresh air after all the generic themepark mmorpgs and hand-holding hack & slash games I've played over the years. That makes it a 9!

(Hours played when writing this impression: around 60)
  56. May 16, 2016
    Great rpg game with plenty of challenge. Well balance and great story line. Everything anyone could ask for in an isometric rpg game. Highly recommended.
  57. Oct 25, 2017
    This is a very good game that thankfully doesn't hold your hand at all. It is filled with player choice and the game requires you to use your brain and not your reflexes which is how almost every other RPG is. It is filled with exploration, wonder and a great combat system.
  58. Mar 16, 2019
    This is a great example of a deep, complex, strategic game with longevity than actually makes you think rather than just run around hitting or shooting stuff. The combat system is really fun, and so variable as to how you take each battle on and the how you develop your characters. Heaps of customisation in the way you do things and where you go in the game.

The only criticism I have is

The only criticism I have is sometimes the game is a bit too difficult in trying to follow or figure out what to do next. You can really get lost without a guide to bring you back as if you miss one line or one character, you can be running around the map clueless. Some of the puzzles are really challenging too.
  59. Jan 19, 2020
    Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced Edition( i will call it just DOS: EA) is first from the wave of "modern CRPGs". And it was quite revolutionary for it's time, i must say. Is brings interesting story, quest and characters. As RPG it is very good: you can be an altruistic hero or a veeery bad guy.

The main disadvantage of the is, as for me, it's tactics. The thing is that it is based on random stunning effect, and you easily complete the game if you are lucky( or ruin if you are unlucky).

The second disadvantage is that it becomes quite boring in the end. I thing it is mainly caused by tactics system.

Fortunately, DOS Enhanced Edition has fixed most of game's problems, but as it sad, you can't fix what the problem is the game is based on it, so the random stuns during battle is the only think that annoy,

So, DOS: EA is a 9/10 game. I can recommend it to everyone, who likes CRPGs, fantasy and all, who love good games.
  60. Mar 14, 2017
    Quite good crpg, combinations of magic elements and enviroments was awesome. Possibility of talking with every animal caused moral dilemmas. Not big fan of design level and atmosphere, too many jokes and references to our society. And typical problems with '"pc games"- total mess in inventory, hard to aim npc (especially while moving) if same button was responsible for interaction withQuite good crpg, combinations of magic elements and enviroments was awesome. Possibility of talking with every animal caused moral dilemmas. Not big fan of design level and atmosphere, too many jokes and references to our society. And typical problems with '"pc games"- total mess in inventory, hard to aim npc (especially while moving) if same button was responsible for interaction with other objects like buckets (steal) and technical problems including unloadable save files, disaster to play hardcore mode if ONLY ONE AVAIABLE SAVE SLOT can be corrupted. Expand
  61. Jun 15, 2020
    Given all the rave reviews, I really tried to like it. The combat system is good, the graphics remaster is decent, the music is good, and the back story was interesting. Unfortunately the interface is really clunky, having to click through too many things/menus that make it seem like it wasn't really meant for console. I bailed after 30 minutes or so. I might give it another try on PC atGiven all the rave reviews, I really tried to like it. The combat system is good, the graphics remaster is decent, the music is good, and the back story was interesting. Unfortunately the interface is really clunky, having to click through too many things/menus that make it seem like it wasn't really meant for console. I bailed after 30 minutes or so. I might give it another try on PC at some point. Expand
  62. Apr 7, 2018
    This is my first time playing DOS. I played on Tactical mode because I have been playing many turn-based games including XCOM so I think I could take up the challenge.

The combat mechanic is brilliant designed. I felt in love fast once I set foot out of city. The Tactical difficulty is merciless and sometimes felt nasty but I still managed. However, once I passed the first area, it became easier and easier. On last area, I mostly won the battle flawlessly in 2-3 turns so it disappointed me a bit. (Except for the final battle though, it was good)

The story only interested me at first area but then it kinda got boring in area 2-3. Compared with other rpg games I have played, the story in DOS:EE is average at best. If it is not because of awesome combat, I would have quit half way.

On the bad parts though, I think Devs added too many traps. Some puzzles also annoying and take too much time to solve. It slows the game down. I like combat, but not puzzle and traps. One wrong step, your whole team dies, not fun in my opinion. Inventory management is also sluggish. The way you run in the town take too much time. I hope we could run faster outside combat. Voice acting is great though, but most of dialogs are very long, so I usually just read, rather than listen.

In sum, I would give 8/10 as a solid score for DOS:EE. I think spent 80-100 hrs to the game , sometimes love, sometimes feel annoyed due to traps. This is clearly not a game for everyone but RPG hardcore turn-based gamers. I will look forward to DOS2 when it comes to console.
  63. Jun 27, 2016
    MY KINDGOM FOR A DRY SHIRT! Definitely the best underrated game of 2015.

Pros 1) Great game play with some in depth physics engine. 2) Branching skills which you can develop. 3) Great characters 4) Intense game play Cons 1) I have to admit that the reading thing can be boring despite the voice over. 2) Subpar animations 3) Poor console port. The PC UI was better. Overall
    MY KINDGOM FOR A DRY SHIRT! Definitely the best underrated game of 2015.

Pros
    1) Great game play with some in depth physics engine.
    2) Branching skills which you can develop.
    3) Great characters
    4) Intense game play

Cons
    1) I have to admit that the reading thing can be boring despite the voice over.
    2) Subpar animations
    3) Poor console port. The PC UI was better.

Overall it's a great game. I will definitely buy Divinity 2 without a second thought.
  64. Dec 13, 2016
    This game went completely under the radar for me. I wish I played it earlier. If you're at all a strategy RPG fan, I think this game is definitely worth checking out. One thing that surprised me about this game was the level of detail. The voice acting is superb. The detail of the world is awesome; I spent most of the game in the max-zoomed out camera view but would zoom in to absorbThis game went completely under the radar for me. I wish I played it earlier. If you're at all a strategy RPG fan, I think this game is definitely worth checking out. One thing that surprised me about this game was the level of detail. The voice acting is superb. The detail of the world is awesome; I spent most of the game in the max-zoomed out camera view but would zoom in to absorb some of the stylized details. A lot of the previous reviews are correct about how it can feel slow-paced at times and seem like you're not getting anywhere. To anyone that feels that way, I highly recommend sticking through it (especially the beginning missions). To any newcomers -- Be patient with the inventory system (you'll eventually get the hang of it), read the Log, DONT SPREAD YOUR STATS TOO THIN, SAVE A LOT -- You'll have to LOAD A LOT, remember that you can trade with almost every NPC in the game, and from there, I think you'll see why it's a great game. As stated already, the game IS challenging. This is what re-loading games is for. You'll be swarmed by status effects early. If you're a casual gamer, this is definitely not for you. I look forward to seeing how Divinity OS 2 turns out and am crossing my fingers that PS4 port is in the works! Expand
  65. Mar 1, 2017
    Pros: couch coop (forced/optional split screen), character appearance and full class customization, fantasy + dark humor, entertaining dialogues and voice acting, multiple quest consequences, great story, great music, complex battle and game play design, long play time

Cons: at normal/classic level (fights begin to be easy mid-game - if you've immersed early on and understand the game mechanics), helmets can't be hidden
  66. Jun 29, 2017
    Oh such a sweet couch Co-Op game, with a fun playful story that doesn't take itself too seriously but begs to be completed. A game bursting with fun little details that shows the attention to detail and love of a thoroughly competent team; no shortage of easter eggs here. Never been a fan of turn-based combat, but they done pulled it off quite well. A throwback to isometric RPGs but with aOh such a sweet couch Co-Op game, with a fun playful story that doesn't take itself too seriously but begs to be completed. A game bursting with fun little details that shows the attention to detail and love of a thoroughly competent team; no shortage of easter eggs here. Never been a fan of turn-based combat, but they done pulled it off quite well. A throwback to isometric RPGs but with a Diablo 3-like graphics and a refined combat system. For RPG fans hankering for loot and level-ups, and a wonderful quirkiness you'll fall in love with; grab a remote and a buddy and get ready to sink 100 hours into this gem, you'll be glad you did. Expand
  67. Jun 19, 2020
    I have played this game with my sister and my god was it awesome. I think it took us 90 ish hours to complete it, and we haven't even done everything in this game. Though i think many people might find this game way too long and i can understand them, it is a big game, and is not for everyone. The storyline can be better, at times it was just boring, many quests that i have completed didI have played this game with my sister and my god was it awesome. I think it took us 90 ish hours to complete it, and we haven't even done everything in this game. Though i think many people might find this game way too long and i can understand them, it is a big game, and is not for everyone. The storyline can be better, at times it was just boring, many quests that i have completed did not count as completed and therefore i got no exp from it, which sucks. Game lags a few times here and there, but that did not spoil the experience from it. amazing game, unique characters ( not the main ones), amazing music and very entertaining gameplay makes this game a must for all people who likes RPG. Oh yeah, one more thing, this is not an easy game to play, like not easy at all, you have to read all the bloody letter, and dialogs and be very careful throughout the story line to understand what to do, this game will give you no hints or tell you what you have to do next, so if you are up for a challenge you should definitely try it out. Expand
  68. Jun 14, 2020
    This is the game that introduced me to the Divinity Series. The game is humongous and there are tonnes of quests to do. I love the part, where you can choose/decide whatever you want, you are free to go anywhere and do whatever quest you want in any order.

The fight system is turn base RPG and i just fell in love with it along with the skill system, The music is just fabulous and you can spend huge amount of time just listening to the music while doing these quests.

A must play game for me..
  69. Jun 29, 2020
    I played this one after the 2nd game, it's still a good game but definitely worse. The story was interesting at first but after awhile I kinda just wanted to get through it and stopped caring. The gameplay isn't as well done as the 2nd but it's still fun, it gets stale faster though. And I dislike the way the systems for things like skill customization work compared to the 2nd.
  70. Jul 16, 2020
    Игра которую я сразу не понял, но дав игре второй шанс, она меня затянула на 100часов. Очень классная игра. Самое интересное что мне понравился сюжет и мне было интересно за ним наблюдать. Впереди еще 2 часть.) Из пошаговых боев она на втором месте. На первом the banner saga. XCOM2 мне не нравится совсемИгра которую я сразу не понял, но дав игре второй шанс, она меня затянула на 100часов. Очень классная игра. Самое интересное что мне понравился сюжет и мне было интересно за ним наблюдать. Впереди еще 2 часть.) Из пошаговых боев она на втором месте. На первом the banner saga. XCOM2 мне не нравится совсем
  71. Oct 10, 2020
    Definitely one if not the best RPG I’ve ever played hands down makes me pumped for Boulders gate 3
  72. Sep 7, 2020
    After two playthroughs I would encourage everyone to try this game out. Maybe together with a friend (couch co-op or both with separate PS4 is possible). The fight system is interesting and there are so many ways to beat the game. Also the humor in this game is fantastic. For skilled players there is a permadeath mode, which really added some spice to the game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 39 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 14, 2016
    Brings the incredibly fun PC-style RPG experience to your console: co-op, physics, and bugs intact.
  2. CD-Action
    Jan 12, 2016
    A real feast for RPG-loving console owners and one of the best games to play in co-op. [13/2015, p.47]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 16, 2015
    One of the most exciting PC RPGs of recent years effortlessly makes the transition to PlayStation without losing a drop of its tactical depth in the process. [Christmas 2015, p.82]