8.0

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Aug 31, 2018
    Divinity Original Sin 2 expands on everything that made the original great. It's a true masterpiece. Larian Studios has stepped up what it means to be an RPG.
  2. Aug 31, 2018
    Man, I just love Divinity Original Sin 1 and Divinity: Original Sin 2. No games after and before these has been as good as Divinity: Original Sin 1 and Divinity: Original Sin 2. There is a gaping hole in my heart that nothing but a real-life version of Sebille can fill. I may not be able to find love in a meaningful relationship, but that's okay...because Divinity: Original Sin loves meMan, I just love Divinity Original Sin 1 and Divinity: Original Sin 2. No games after and before these has been as good as Divinity: Original Sin 1 and Divinity: Original Sin 2. There is a gaping hole in my heart that nothing but a real-life version of Sebille can fill. I may not be able to find love in a meaningful relationship, but that's okay...because Divinity: Original Sin loves me and I love it. That's why I turn into a white hot ball of untethered rage when someone dares to criticize it or say they like another game more, I mean, you're taking a dump on my love there, A-Hole.

Saying you like any games besides Divinity: Original Sin 1 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 at this point is just a straight up lie and you know it, just like the lie I tell myself when I say I'm satisfied with where I am in life. I know there are pathetic white-knightish types of losers out there who would say games, as with other entertainment mediums, are pretty subjective...but they should go burn in Hell. Divinity: Original Sin is, objectively, the greatest thing our species has created since the moveable type printing press.

So when I see people happy with other games, genuinely enjoying themselves, I just attribute it to them being casuals who don't understand that the AAA game industry is literally r-a-p-ing their wallets. I bet they can't even speedrun Divinity: Original Sin 1 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 with a modified Wiimote while they're blindfolded like I can.

My friend told me that he liked Battlefield the other day, so I drowned his dog in the pool while he was on vacation and blamed it on EA. My other friend said he liked Skyrim (that casual garbage) more than Divinity: Original Sin! So let's just say it's no coincidence that his mom went missing the same night I cooked him a burger for dinner.

I guess what I'm saying is that Divinity: Original Sin 1 and Divinty: Original Sin 2 is ISUDBWJANAHKAKDFBWJMCHRHSJASNBSJANFBSJXNDBSNSNDNHWHAHS
    CHRISTENDME
  3. Aug 31, 2018
    Baldur's gate is dead... the new king to live.. an amazing game.. Goty 2018
  4. Aug 31, 2018
    Absolutamente una obra maestra, lástima que lenfalten modos que si que están en pc. Compra oligada si te gusta el rol clásico.
  5. Aug 31, 2018
    Wow, just absolutely Wow. I'm only ten hours into act 2 with a 60 hour save and I'm minblown, it's as close to perfection as I've ever seen a game. I have little to critque that isn't nitpicking.
    I's give this an eleven out of ten if I could, it's the best RPG I've ever played and perhaps the best game of ever played even beating the witcher.
    Every aspect of this game ozzes perfect from
    Every aspect of this game ozzes perfect from sound, the writing and voice acting, turn based combat, the visuals, the insane depth of choice...I could go on, there is no aspect of this game that dips below anything less tha great. I absolutely love it and it was well worth the wait for the definitve edition.
  6. Sep 6, 2018
    While I intend to make my review of this game as accurate as possible, with limited space, I will note that the majority of reviews DOS2:DE received are far more positive than what the game [currently] deserves — due to significant stat and balance flaws. As for the storyline and side quests, this review will be spoiler-free. Should you view a description of DOS2:DE’s game mechanics as aWhile I intend to make my review of this game as accurate as possible, with limited space, I will note that the majority of reviews DOS2:DE received are far more positive than what the game [currently] deserves — due to significant stat and balance flaws. As for the storyline and side quests, this review will be spoiler-free. Should you view a description of DOS2:DE’s game mechanics as a spoiler, more specifically about leveling and combat systems, then please stop reading immediately. Moreover, DOS2:DE’s systems are far deeper than what will be outlined in this review, so my criticism only intends to preemptively inform and help prepare new players, as in-game descriptions and the lack of skill-interaction tutorials make personal research an absolute necessity for those playing at — or above — the “Classic” difficulty setting.

First, the storyline is amazing and original. Its depth makes for one of the best narratives, that I have experienced in an RPG, ever encountered over the past decade. Concurrently, the graphics are quite attractive on a PS4 Pro, and even more so on an Xbox One X — so long as you have an HDR compatible 4K UHDTV. With that being said, load times are aggravatingly lengthy considering the regularity in which players tend to reload. Comparably, DOS: Enhanced Edition experienced a similar, but — what I perceived as — worse issue. Thus, the load times here are an improvement from the previous installment, and will hopefully improve over a series of future patches. Furthermore, much of an area’s loading occurs during these reloads, which is quite noticeable when employing the use of waypoints, as they are usually devoid of any loading screen — so long as the player remains within the same general area (Fort Joy, for example).

As to DOS2: DE’s sound, the music is always a joy to hear and perfectly tailored to match the ambience of an area, and makes for very smooth situational transitions. In turn, the voice acting is simply delightful, and the care demonstrated by Larian Studios — to every single character, NPC, and their interactions — is evident, as discussions never felt out-of-place, boring, or unnecessary.

Now, the worst aspect of DOS2:DE, which led to a 2-point deduction, revolves around the game’s leveling — and thus combat/progression — system. The stat scaling is incredibly unfriendly and counterintuitive, especially when combined with point investments into combat abilities. The oversight and neglect demonstrated here, especially for the “Definitive Edition,” cannot be overstated. First, there exists a variety of damage types players can employ against their enemies: four general elemental schools reflected that are traditionally associated mage and support builds, a few other combat abilities that deal “Physical Damage” — with some secondary attributes like Critical Hits for Rogues, High Ground Damage for Rangers, and Lifesteal for Necromancers — four weapon-specific combat abilities that can be leveled to 10 (One Handed, Dual Wield, Ranged, and Two-Handed), and the very important — and newly added — one known as “Polymorph.” Yet, one Physical Combat Ability surpasses all others due to a “+5% increase to all physical damage:” Warfare.

Accordingly, Warfare makes all other physical damage builds and their skills reliant on Warfare for maximal effectiveness. This means that, to be a good Necromancer for example, a player must invest as many points as possible into Warfare, and as few points as possible into Necromancy. Concurrently, the excessive utility that Warfare provides — with an array of combat skills — makes all four weapon-related abilities utterly useless: under no circumstances should players invest into “One-Handed” or the other three skills because they are all outclassed by Warfare, point-for-point. Needless to say, this also makes any physically/magically split build — even with a 2:1 ratio — ineffective due to the reliance on Warfare as a primary physical ability, even if you intended to create a Necromancer capable of with of effectively using Pyrokinetic and/or Geomancer skills — for example. Investing into elemental schools, as a Necromancer, would detract for the Physical Damage boost provided by Warfare — thus making the character far weaker than the player could have expected.Comparably, Magic builds will find their skill set to be very limited should they attempt to specialize in 3 or more combat abilities — or 1 “primary” ability and 2 “minor” abilities. As only two elemental schools receive “+dmg%” through point investments, while the others rely on intelligence, diversified mages improve by investing into Polymorph for the extra stats rather than magic itself. Thus, neglecting these imbalances, in this version, merits at an 8.5 — at most. Were such issues addressed in a patch, this game would be a solid 9.5-10/10 .
  7. Sep 1, 2018
    one of the finest role playing epics of all time.. really it is.. The best game of 2018..
  8. Sep 1, 2018
    Este juego es sencillamente fantastico, buena historia y un sistema de combate por turnos adictivo, lo recomiendo 100/100. Lo que mas me gusta es que ahora lo puedo jugar en mi PS4 Pro y luce fantastico, se juega perfecto con el control.
  9. Sep 4, 2018
    THE best RPG ever made. I played act 1 twice while waiting rest to open.
    True masterpiece. Sounds and voice acting is superb and they have managed to make this game easy to play with controller.
    If someone does not like this game, he/she shouldn't play RPGs.
    With this game i can easily skip all upcoming games, (Q4/2018) even RDR2 until they are on sale.
  10. Oct 7, 2018
    This is a great game, no holds-barred but it isn't for everyone. Like any game with this level of depth there are a few things that you could nitpick but overall this is a must-play. 10 to offset the idiots giving this a 0-3.
  11. rhe
    Jan 10, 2019
    It's hard to write a review about this game without gushing about it because there really is so much to love it for so I will start with what to me feels like the most perfect part of the game which is its world. Truth is I have spent 60+ hours in this game and STILL don't feel like I've seen it all. While the game splits its areas into chapters that you can not return to, the game almostIt's hard to write a review about this game without gushing about it because there really is so much to love it for so I will start with what to me feels like the most perfect part of the game which is its world. Truth is I have spent 60+ hours in this game and STILL don't feel like I've seen it all. While the game splits its areas into chapters that you can not return to, the game almost feels like it takes a Deus Ex approach, where there is a particular objective but there are SO many ways to get to that particular objective that each players experience feels like their own. The use of these chapters can also give the game a sense of weight because it allows you to see some of the consequences of your actions in later chapters if you chose to commit certain actions for a quest. This does actually make you feel like you have to take ownership of your own actions and it makes the character at the end feel like your own because you can see the tangible results of your actions which makes you genuinely feel more attached to the character allowing you to assume that role which I feel should be the most important thing when playing an RPG. The games skill and level up system are also really generous too, as while you can begin with a more basic tier character (Warrior, Archer, Mage, etc), there is a mirror you get access to very early on in the game that allows you to fully respec your character meaning that you are not tied down to any class and you can experiment and go crazy. This is another thing that I really love about the game because it doesn't penalise me if I make a mistake with my skilltree and I won't need to go online to make sure I am following very particular build in case I make a mistake. It also means I can experiment and try my own build, like an assassin who can use blood sorcery to gain health, or a warrior who uses polymorphy to gain extra power and I can tinker with these as I please while changing them if and when I want. Then there's the selection of characters. At the start of the game you can chose to create your own character or you can choose from a group of characters premade by the game, with one character being the party leader and up to a party of 3 available extra members. I cannot state how well written the premade characters are, with each of them coming with their own backstory and having their own ways of interacting with NPCs with really interesting dialogue that allows you, again to feel like you are getting engrossed in a role (Lohse and Sibelle really steal the show for me just based on how so many of the NPCs react to them).

But while I could continue gushing about this game there are some negatives to get out of the way. One of the most significant for me is that on PS4 the targeting of enemies and picking up items that were very cluttered was REALLY annoying, it goes without saying that the R1 and L1 buttons are your best friends here. Additionally, I did step into some glitches, however, the worst for me was when a door kept closing when I went through it so I had to constantly keep tapping X to reopen the door to go in and out. I didn't really come across anything game breaking but it was enough of an annoyance that I felt it was worth mentioning.

Overall, while these things are annoying, in the end I still cannot give this game anything less than a 10 because it really does what you want from a game of this genre: it allows you to get engrossed in a role. Everything this game does made me feel attached to the character I was playing and the splitting into chapters made my decisions feel more permanent because I would not be able to see the immediate consequences until later into the game. This is for me what an RPG should be all about, it should be about giving you a role to play and letting you get engrossed in that role while also giving you the freedom to be able to tackle the game how you choose. If you have any love for RPGs of any form, I would strongly recommend this game on any system.
  12. Jun 12, 2019
    I had an insane amount of fun with this game. Haven't been so immersed in an RPG for a very long time. Actually felt a bit sad when it was all over. Replay value is high though as there's multiple characters whose story lines I'm yet to explore. So I'll be playing it through again at some point. It might not be 'perfect' (whatever that means) But it's the most fun I've had on my PS4. II had an insane amount of fun with this game. Haven't been so immersed in an RPG for a very long time. Actually felt a bit sad when it was all over. Replay value is high though as there's multiple characters whose story lines I'm yet to explore. So I'll be playing it through again at some point. It might not be 'perfect' (whatever that means) But it's the most fun I've had on my PS4. I never played any of the early isometric RPG's (Baldurs gate,Icewind Dale ect...) So this game isn't just for people looking for the nostalgia factor. It's a great game in it's own right and highly accessible. Expand
  13. Aug 14, 2019
    Great mix between x-com and diablo... my 2 favorite games. Whats not to love???
  14. Oct 4, 2019
    Divinity Original Sin had plenty going for it but was simply too frustrating for all but the most hardened of gamers. This follow up not only refines everything that was good about Divinity but structures the game in a far more welcoming manner. Starting with what is essentially a tutorial area (albeit a large one) the game gives players time to acclimatise to the games systems beforeDivinity Original Sin had plenty going for it but was simply too frustrating for all but the most hardened of gamers. This follow up not only refines everything that was good about Divinity but structures the game in a far more welcoming manner. Starting with what is essentially a tutorial area (albeit a large one) the game gives players time to acclimatise to the games systems before ramping up the challenge.

There are still moments throughout the game where the challenge may prove a little too much for some, but providing you’re willing to persevere, you’ll find an RPG that offers a players the sort of flexibility in terms of both story and combat that few other RPGs even come close to matching. As an added bonus you can even play through the whole game, split screen or online, with up to three other friends making the whole experience even better!
  15. Jan 2, 2020
    The sequel is even better. Now we have the best battle system in any RPG with an amazing original story and pre made characters that are so good that I wont create my own character. The last point means a lot because I am the kind of RPG player that prefers to make his own player character except for the Witcher series, some historical characters and Divinity Original Sin 2. The battleThe sequel is even better. Now we have the best battle system in any RPG with an amazing original story and pre made characters that are so good that I wont create my own character. The last point means a lot because I am the kind of RPG player that prefers to make his own player character except for the Witcher series, some historical characters and Divinity Original Sin 2. The battle system from the prequel was amazing and the gold standard for RPGs for me. They improved even that. As before you can create pools of water (or poison and blood). Water can be electrocuted (shock field / paralysing effect), evaporated (steam that cover vision) or frozen (slippery ground / turn ends when a character slips). Oil layers slow down enemies, poison layers can be added and both layers can be ignited. They added holy and curse effects. You can create fire that heals or water that curses and vice versa (That scratches only the surface). Also now you have separate armour for physical and magical defence. If you get rid of it (or your enemies of yours) status effects hit with 100% certainty (except the enemy has total immunity). This gives even more tactical options for combat. The prequel has taught me to look behind damage values and this games allows you to cripple your enemies even more with just status effects (Be careful this can also happen to you). For the world building: This game is just a masterpiece. The world feels alive and is in a dire crisis. As you continue your journey you meet interesting NPCs. From people that just want to survive, abusers, heroes and misguided ones. Each chapter has an area, stories and lore which I liked to explore. For the story: As I mentioned the world is in a crisis as are the gods (and faith / religion / racial relationships). Many certainties will be shattered, revelations be made and the masks of the gods will be ripped of. The plot twist are so good that I will consider it a crime to spoil them. Also the stories of the pre made main characters are beautiful. They won me over with their intro at the character creation. I did not remove one of my 4 pre made characters from the party because I was invested in their stories / faith. What ends well is well. The endings are satisfying. Your decisions matter (You can get many different endings). I should mention that the graphics / music is very good and in all my play time (approx 100 hours) I had no mayor bugs. Overall you can see the heart and soul the developers put into this game. I will praise the developers and the game with a 10/10. Expand
  16. Jul 10, 2020
    First of all. I played with first episode the DOS with EE variant. On tactician level. I loved it. It provided challenges which was not and not impossible things. It had a usable and functional crafting system.

The DOS2 EE is literally a garbage comparing to it. * It's story is so long and noting special I almost even forgot where this everything started and why. * The ending if

The DOS2 EE is literally a garbage comparing to it.

* The ending if you are just talking with Doctors simply has no sense and BTW it can't be killed. I checked the battles on YT and since n+1 patches simply the stat values of many enemies are simply skyrocketed. What a "balance"...

* It's combat system is simply broken. I cannot say otherwise. The armor system is simply plain stupid. Because there is no immunity against any of effects if the necessary kind of armor reached 0. Except if the f*ing enemy is possessed you can't charm it. But on tactician level this make viable only a single tactics. Knock down if you can and charm if you can. THAT IS IT.
    The whole game.

* It's crafting system is cut back comparing to DOS 1, it is close to pointless. 90% of my crafting was creating arrows, charming grenades, mind maggot grenades and refilling the special wand which can resurrect BTW without them on tactical game you are doomed....

* On tactician level beyond a point gives you such challenges what you cannot overcome only if you are aware what comes. ---> save reload. What a game...

* Because mostly the LVL difference is the main factor in dmg. calculation it makes almost a 100% liner game because you have to follow the LVL of the areas. LOL
    When comes a freaking RPG without this stupid system...? Even the mighty Witcher was lame in this area.

I do not recommend this game to anyone. It does not worth 150 hours what took finish it. The only way what was possible because it is impossible to deal with final fight other way.

DOS 1 EE is a gem.
    DOS 2 DE is close to being garbage if we use the same optics. Of course comparing with other games at least reach the "whatever" level. But if you ask me, it is too long. On lower level there is not challenge, on the highest the game is simply not fun because it is horribly balanced.

It does not matter how good music has, how nice is the graphic, simply the environment, the challenge level on tactician and quasi linearity makes simply bad.
  17. Feb 21, 2020
    Just play it, it's one of the best RPGs you can get. It is turn based, but better than any slash'n'hacks out there like grim dawn or diablo. Played it 3 times yet to unveil new unique secrets each time.
  18. Jun 19, 2019
    For me, Divinity 2 was a delightful surprise, and despite a handful of minor issues, I do consider the game to be a masterpiece. I'm of the opinion that - aside from the robust, flexible combat system that receives so much deserved praise - the true star of this game is the STORY. It is the story - and by extension the writing and voice acting performances - that drew me into this worldFor me, Divinity 2 was a delightful surprise, and despite a handful of minor issues, I do consider the game to be a masterpiece. I'm of the opinion that - aside from the robust, flexible combat system that receives so much deserved praise - the true star of this game is the STORY. It is the story - and by extension the writing and voice acting performances - that drew me into this world in a way few games do.

The thought and care put into world-building is everything for an RPG, and the old-school D&D atmosphere that permeates the experience is intrinsic to its charm. Quests have purpose, actions have consequences, and there are several juncture-points where major, end-game-affecting choices must be made. That the writing and acting is so creative and free of cliche tells me that there are serious, devoted artists and thinkers working at Larian who understand how these intangible elements can be used to take a satisfying turn-based action-adventure and elevate it to a genuinely provocative meditation on power, greed and competition.

In comparison to the world, the story and the combat system, minor issues - such as a rather under-baked crafting system - can, for the most part, be ignored. The graphics in isolation are not amazing (although the design IS). There are many complimentary systems in the game that require a decent investment of time and thought, which is not going to be for everyone. I would guess that some of the negative reviews on this page are by people who were either overwhelmed by these systems, or simply did not give the game enough time to let its atmosphere and story sink in.

This is a rare RPG that entirely ignores the conventions that have developed in the past 15-20 years in favor of the original D&D concepts, and the results are deeply satisfying. I can't compliment Larian highly enough for what they've put on offer here, and I look forward to seeing where they go next!
  19. Jun 27, 2019
    This game is so beautiful and detailed! Kudos to the developer team and everyone involved in the creation of such a masterpiece! The game requires patience and reading, but it’s worth it. I would absolutely recommend this game to everyone!
  20. Nov 20, 2018
    Great story, characters, customization, length. Had a blast playing this solo and with a friend.
  21. Feb 15, 2019
    A masterpiece. The game rewards exploration and challenges you at every turn. The best turn based game I have played to date. A true RPG.
  22. Aug 15, 2019
    Almost 300 hours and I can’t stop. This is the game that will remain in my heart forever. Characters, stories, and music. Especially the music! The soundtrack is just magical.
  23. Aug 16, 2020
    8 % of the people that purchased this game actually beat it and that's on the easiest difficulty the percentages drop down to 5 %on normal and then 1 % for tactician difficulty...If you do not do every side quest available you will find yourself not being able to progress in act 4. You have been warned. There is a huge difficulty spike in act 4. If you can get past the tedious over the top8 % of the people that purchased this game actually beat it and that's on the easiest difficulty the percentages drop down to 5 %on normal and then 1 % for tactician difficulty...If you do not do every side quest available you will find yourself not being able to progress in act 4. You have been warned. There is a huge difficulty spike in act 4. If you can get past the tedious over the top complicated mechanics and the unbelievably annoying cameras (Why!!!!!) this game can be a lot of fun. It's a pretty game well written . But very very annoying at times Expand
  24. Jan 7, 2020
    Уникальный проект, который позволяет вместе с другом пройти увлекательное 100 часовое приключение, надолго западающее в душу!
  25. Feb 2, 2020
    Really fun game. Tough as hell and I do find myself sometimes not entirely sure where to go next but the battle system is fun and tactical
  26. Mar 14, 2019
    Great game that expands on the original, everything in this game is top notch with literally thousands of ways to play the game, create a character, and play the way you wanna play, I LOVE IT, all in all and enjoyably great game.
  27. May 13, 2019
    If you loved the first Divinity, you will love this one. It's a lot of the same along with a little new: better graphics, new classes and the developers of this game appropriately nerfed some of the metas from last game i.e overpowered crafting and master level skills (achieved at levels 12 and 15). Of course this game just has new metas, but that is pretty much every game and it is aIf you loved the first Divinity, you will love this one. It's a lot of the same along with a little new: better graphics, new classes and the developers of this game appropriately nerfed some of the metas from last game i.e overpowered crafting and master level skills (achieved at levels 12 and 15). Of course this game just has new metas, but that is pretty much every game and it is a fantastic game with a high replay value.

I found the plot rather confusing and the first Divinity to be a hair better, but this game is absolute top notch and it may well be a 10 in your book.
  28. Feb 29, 2020
    Сколько, сколько десятков часов увлекательного геймплэя, я счастлив что партийные RPG с - прошу заметить ! Пошаговой боковой ! 10/10
  29. Nov 22, 2019
    Probably one of the best games ever created so far. A true gem in rpg. The beautiful story along with the great mechanics of the game is a guarantee for hours and hours of quality fun.
  30. Oct 31, 2018
    One of the greatest role playing games ever made. The attention to detail and level of freedom is unparalled. Play with friends or solo, the combat is the best turn based combat I've ever played. So much depth, so much replay value. Larian studios have outdone themselves with this one. Definite Game of the Year contender.
  31. Sep 30, 2018
    Oh so good. I've been disappointed by most PS4 games I've played recently, and this is a noteworthy exception.

I never played the original and had a negative reaction to the last two RPGs I tried on PS4, mostly due to them just being too cumbersome in terms of mechanics. I put it down to "oh, I guess my nostalgia got the better of me" The start of the game is a bit underwhelming, but

The start of the game is a bit underwhelming, but stick with it until you make it off the boat.

Writing and worldbuilding are top notch, as is the richness of the world and the design of progression. I have not been hooked like this by a game in years.

The graphics are perfect, I have no idea about the sound (playing on mute with subtitles), the story and writing are compelling and the quests are meaningful and challenging. I have gotten myself into serious trouble, the game does not do any handholding, but the balance between being not too linear and too confusing (remember Morrowind?) is astoundingly well done
  32. Sep 15, 2018
    Wow what a game so far, 27 hrs in and I've loved every minute. I'm not giving this a 10 because, well I didn't give Witcher 3 a 10, and also because the combat difficulty is admittedly ridiculously brutal on anything higher than Explorer mode. I'd give a solid 9.5, easily one of the best RPG's I've ever played and probably ever will play. Everything that was good about DOS:EE has beenWow what a game so far, 27 hrs in and I've loved every minute. I'm not giving this a 10 because, well I didn't give Witcher 3 a 10, and also because the combat difficulty is admittedly ridiculously brutal on anything higher than Explorer mode. I'd give a solid 9.5, easily one of the best RPG's I've ever played and probably ever will play. Everything that was good about DOS:EE has been improved on or kept the same, but most importantly, everything that was wrong with DOS:EE has been completely overhauled. It's like they actually listened to gamers before developing this one.

The tactical, turn-based combat is still addictively fun, but Larian have vastly improved the story development via some of the companion characters and their stories/quests. I can't imagine going the Lone Wolf route in this game because the other characters are generally pretty compelling and really shape the story. Graphics and score are far, far better than we got with DOS:EE, which never felt like a next-gen release to me. During the Fort Joy chapters in DOS2, I often found myself just exploring and saying aloud "god, this game is f--king amazing" lol, true story bro. Character creation and crafting are very robust yet fun, again much better than in the first title. I don't think the quest log/journal and quest tracking are as frustrating as some people have been saying, and that is an important aspect of the game and its manageability.
    Yes, this is a big, deeply involved game that is probably not for casual gamers, but as a casual gamer myself, I've been completely happy investing loads of time into this one. I mean, there's always one game that turns a casual into a not-so-casual gamer.
  33. Sep 5, 2018
    As someone who always found it difficult to get into CRPG's, I found this game to be incredibly immersive as a story and overall one of the best games of the PS4/Switch/XB1 era. From 2013-present, I have found Divinity: Original Sin II, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to be the best RPGs to date.
  34. Sep 10, 2018
    Brilliant game. Its as good as the first one. If you haven't played either one and are on the fence about buying it, it is worth it.

These are huge sprawling games with so much to do and the humour is the games is wonderful. The game doesn't hold your hand and for the most part doesn't tell you what to do or where to go. This is great as it gives you the opportunity to explore the world
  35. Sep 13, 2018
    What a masterpiece.

Divinity 2 will not please everyone, but if you like deep RPGs, you will love it. The game doesn't hold your hand. You have to actually explore the environments and talk to people to find clues to complete your objectives (no pointers telling you everything you have to do), the dialogs offer an insane amount of options, the story and lore is fantastic so far, and
    What a masterpiece.

The game doesn't hold your hand. You have to actually explore the environments and talk to people to find clues to complete your objectives (no pointers telling you everything you have to do), the dialogs offer an insane amount of options, the story and lore is fantastic so far, and the combat is just amazing. I could go further and say that Divinity 2 has the best turn based combat since Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is easily one of the best RPGs i have ever played.
  36. Oct 8, 2018
    If you’re sick of the over hyped, paid for 10/10 reviews, fanboy trash like Spider-Man and soon to be released red dead 2 rubbish etc, and want to play a true deep meaning rpg with plenty of options, real story and amazing thought out characters, with a great background story, combat that’s addictive once you’ve come accustomed to it, made by devs that first priority was to make a greatIf you’re sick of the over hyped, paid for 10/10 reviews, fanboy trash like Spider-Man and soon to be released red dead 2 rubbish etc, and want to play a true deep meaning rpg with plenty of options, real story and amazing thought out characters, with a great background story, combat that’s addictive once you’ve come accustomed to it, made by devs that first priority was to make a great game, and not just make as much money as possible and push their minority filth agendas. Then this the game for you, a true goty but won’t get close because of the cancer industry gamimg has become. Expand
  37. Sep 19, 2018
    Although it does have some minor bugs, i still rate it 10/10 because it just made me addicted. I completed the game in classic mode in less then 2 weeks, playing 100 hours.

The graphics could be a little better, but the game mechanics, the possibilities you have to find your own solutions to quests and the love for the detail in the stories makes it the best game of the year in my eyes.
  38. Sep 4, 2018
    Divinity Original Sin 2 truly perfect game.. This will be remembered as one of the greats..
  39. Sep 22, 2018
    After I got this game I was like no way can this be better than the original but OMG was I wrong. Everything the first had this one plays out better this is the game you should look for and support being as the company behind this you know they love the game they made cause it shows in every aspect sound, story and combat. So many different ways to approach a fight or attempt things in aAfter I got this game I was like no way can this be better than the original but OMG was I wrong. Everything the first had this one plays out better this is the game you should look for and support being as the company behind this you know they love the game they made cause it shows in every aspect sound, story and combat. So many different ways to approach a fight or attempt things in a different way in lore wise that plays the game in a whole different perspective. If you haven't played the first I feel it's ok but don't let that dissuade you into getting this one as I could higly recommend this makes me remember the old days of Baulders Gate. Expand
  40. Dec 28, 2018
    I want to play it all day and night, simply beautiful. Definitely sets the bar up high for other games to aim at.
  41. Jun 25, 2020
    Terrible controls, meh graphics and story. Don't get why people like this.
  42. Feb 13, 2019
    It is extremely satisfying to start seeing this type of old-school RPGs being released for consoles, with a very fluid control system that doesn't make you miss the mouse that much. The game is a marvel, I would not say it is perfect, but it is definitely bringing a lot of top-notch stuff to the table. It is obviously comparable to the classic Baldur's Gate as that is its reference, butIt is extremely satisfying to start seeing this type of old-school RPGs being released for consoles, with a very fluid control system that doesn't make you miss the mouse that much. The game is a marvel, I would not say it is perfect, but it is definitely bringing a lot of top-notch stuff to the table. It is obviously comparable to the classic Baldur's Gate as that is its reference, but the game experience differs quite a lot. The story here seems more disperse and it might be difficult to relate to the playable characters as their context and personal situation is touched vaguely and briefly. You might only feel a connection 30 or 40 hours into the game, if you do at all. This wasn't the case in BG, where everything turned around you from minute 1 and that facilitated a more immediate immersion.

So the world and lore will feel overwhelming and very disperse if you haven't played previous games in the franchise (as it was my case), but it definitely compensates that once you start realizing the vast amount of possibilities the game mechanics allow for, the interesting combat tactics, and the incredibly developed side stories and characters.

The music is fantastic, the graphics are neat (although I recommend a very big screen, 50' or so if you're playing coop/split screen), and the gameplay generally fluid and intuitive. The learning curve is considerable but it helps that you only have a couple of skills to use for the first few hours. The auto split screen is a fantastic feature that I hope other games will copy soon, as it allows for an incredibly flexible coop experience.

In conclusion, a must if you are into old-school, high quality RPGs and were dying to live such an experience using your PS4 controller instead of a mouse. Give it patience and the game will reward your time spent on it.
  43. Jul 21, 2019
    This game is particularly frustrating because like its predecessor it is very close to being a great game, yet the mechanics that irritate me seem to the mechanics revered by much of the community.

The camera - how can anyone revere this? Even when zoomed out you don't have a great view of what's ahead, undermining sneaking attempts and making traversal more difficult than necessary.

Solving missions - I find myself using the internet to find solutions to quests and often doing so just to find out where to go next. This is another revered game mechanic but really it's just a waste of time, padding out the game with mundane exploration. We're led to believe that this game is 'open', however it's very easy to get the worst ending to a mission and the worst reward, often without prior warning unless you use a guide. This is particularly frustrating as this is identical to the first game. This game does seem to be more forgiving with its use of quest markers to guide you, but far too often there is little-to-no indication of how to progress a mission.

Gameplay - this is where it becomes a very mixed bag. Unless you're well-versed with this game, starting the game in any mode other than explorer is going to be a hellacious and punishing experience. On that note, I am also irritated that I had to look online to find explanations for what the names of each mode actually mean! The learning curve is extreme in this game. There is a slight tutorial at the start but it is vey brief and shallow. You are then constantly inundated with information and mechanics. On one hand the diversity is great, but on the other it's extreme. You can only have four characters, yet there are many more different types, making it difficult to choose and experiment, creating a risk of a very unbalanced party.

Overall I am saddened and disappointed at what could have been two amazing games but they have clung onto some sort of elitist approach, taking pride in not 'hand-holding', with the end result being looking online for guides (whether people like to admit it or not). The fighting mechanics can be bizarre, especially the armour system. If you have 100s of hours to invest in this, you may find it pleasurable. I found it cumbersome and a chore.
  44. Jan 7, 2020
    Одна из лучших РПГ игр на PS4. Где можно спокойно играть с друзьями как на одном экране, так и на разных консолях.
  45. Dec 10, 2019
    Wow, forse il miglior RPG degli ultimi 10 anni sorretto da una narrativa solida e stratificato in ogni sua dinamica, ogni missione ha molti più metodi risolutivi di quanto si pensi, i combattimenti sono gestiti in modo pulito e complesso ma non frustrante.
    Un must have in tutti i sensi, se amate gli RPG giocatelo, occuperà per sempre un posto speciale nel vostro cuore.
  46. Jun 4, 2019
    I dont get how this game is being rated so high. This game is buggy right from the start, unplayable for me, sorry.
  47. Sep 17, 2018
    Released with bugs and no patch which no one mentions. If this was Bethesda or anyone else they would be criticised. Quest cant complete, spells dont work the way they should. Act 3 and Act 4 rushed till the point I actually hate the game and its stupid mechanics. The problem is fanboys who accept this when there are far better games out just now and even older games are way better than this.
  48. Sep 11, 2018
    Everything bad is still there. EVERYTHING. The annoying camera. The fact that every little item gluts your bar. The armor system that no one likes. The modes are unexplained. The fact that every fight ends up with the screen completely covered in different effects and it's almost impossible to tell exactly where the edges of those effects are. I can mouseover a point, it says "water", thenEverything bad is still there. EVERYTHING. The annoying camera. The fact that every little item gluts your bar. The armor system that no one likes. The modes are unexplained. The fact that every fight ends up with the screen completely covered in different effects and it's almost impossible to tell exactly where the edges of those effects are. I can mouseover a point, it says "water", then cast a totem there, in that exact spot, yet it gives a wood totem. Enemies still suicide themselves by moving every turn, even when they should know that they'll provoke attacks of opportunity and die horribly. Players still become far too powerful too quickly, regardless of difficulty level, without much more to look forward to in terms of new abilities for half the game.

And I still can't easily make my own group to start with. Why not spend .01% of the dev time to make that happen?

There's literally ONE good change, and that's the new quest log, which, while still buggy, is an improvement.

TL:DR - There are no useful changes to the game.
  49. Nov 25, 2018
    Many flaws in the game mechanics, UI and AI, diminish the overall fun game play. With a little more polish this could have been a great RPG with a perfect score.
  50. Oct 5, 2018
    sin gracia , no es por ser malo pero agregan muchas cinemáticas al juego que de todas ellas sacas una pelicula de 3 horas , tengo que saltarlas por que me importan un carajo , en si no es malo pero estar viendo cortos cada 10 minutos de juego es estresante
  51. Sep 24, 2018
    Why doesn't anyone mention the camera zooming out ever single time you talk to someone? Makes the game really annoying to play. Ive just traded in as for me it's unplayable ((
  52. Oct 28, 2018
    This game could have been a masterpiece but the 30fps just doesn't cut it in 2018. Even diablo on 360/ps3 targeted 60fps. After playing diablo 3, Path of exile, Victor vran in 60fps this is a stuttering and unresponsive experience.
  53. Oct 25, 2019
    Set a thousand years after the first game, Divinity: Original Sin II presents a darker, more grounded narrative and expands on the tactical combat system of its award-winning predecessor.
  54. Nov 1, 2020
    Unbalanced. Unfair. Unpolished. Bad game design overhall.

Every defeat you stand there. Unsure of what you have done wrong. You are then graced with a long loading screen and more unfair challenges.
    Waste of code. Waste of time.
  55. Apr 10, 2020
    Best game I have played in years! Although it definitely has its mild annoying aspects the gameplay is just the right amount of challenging. The loot actually means something. Upon finishing you immediately boot the game up again to try a different route. Amazing game.
  56. Feb 5, 2021
    I played this game following Divinity: Original Sin 1, so I sort of knew what to expect. Played the game anyway. Larion studios throws their own style and creativity and silliness onto the classic baldur's gate 2 style gameplay. Improved from the first one. For those used to sword and sorcery RPGS like Skyrim, Neverwinter Nights and the Dragon Age games, the world has a bit of a scaledI played this game following Divinity: Original Sin 1, so I sort of knew what to expect. Played the game anyway. Larion studios throws their own style and creativity and silliness onto the classic baldur's gate 2 style gameplay. Improved from the first one. For those used to sword and sorcery RPGS like Skyrim, Neverwinter Nights and the Dragon Age games, the world has a bit of a scaled down "cartoony" feel. It is strategic turn based combat. You control a team of 4. And though you can do it solo (with added challenge, and the right perks) team of 4 is the intended way to play. There are a lot of things about the game like that. Firstly, the enemy AI is much improved from the first game. There is a damage boost/penalty from high places creatively scattered throughout the map. Proper team positioning can make or break you. Causing/avoiding environmental effects or damage is of primary importance throughout the experience. The game offers a lot of freedom, in terms of what you do and how, but there are certain systems designed to reward some combos and punish others. Magic has the most AOE attacks and the most powerful too. But friendly fire is a thing in this game. I went a little fire heavy in the beginning only to be mid-battle with the entire map on fire and half my team burning to death quicker than the enemy. A better strategy throughout was to stun/freeze/petrify/charm/knockdown as many enemies as you can, causing them to lose their turn or help you, and gang up on the rest. When successful, this feels a bit cheesy. Then again, right before the final battle a lever got pulled and the game turned my team into helpless cows for 2 turns. Oh yeah, your team can be similarly disabled. If it happens to all of them the game plays itself for a while, you're probably going to lose, and you might not get a next turn. So the cheese goes both ways.
    Overall I found the combat fun and challenging at the best of times, and frustrating to the point of feeling rigged against me at the worst of times. And definitely addicting. Not always in a good way. On normal difficulty success is not guaranteed, and nothing more annoying than sinking 45 min into a battle only to realize a mistake you made at the beginning, or lucky break by the enemy AI was going to doom you, and the only way to win the fight meant going back and trying again from an earlier save. Save often if you do get the game.
    Then there is the layout/plot. While artfully crafted the game hides key plot important stuff in easy to miss ways. Items that trigger or are for side quests are easy to miss. There are also an number of puzzles you must solve to progress. Those range from stupid easy, to very difficult entirely due to lack of instructions. They intend exploration, and want you "try it until you figure it out." But if, like me, you recoil at spending over 100 hrs on a PC game, well several game guides are available to consult, to get the most out of one play through. I honestly could not imagine playing the game without consulting them, and think that's a level design flaw. Too easy is one thing, but a lot of stuff was too obscure because of the user interface. Leading to unexciting wasted time revisiting places to chase down the thing I missed. Without a game guide, one would get stuck and give up.
    The game is mainly split into 4 areas. And while its easy to think the prison isle is a short "tutorial" level, it is actually the first 1/4 of everything. You're weak and under-geared, but so is the enemy then. The second act was the biggest, but I also found to be a bit of a slog. Enemy difficulty varied greatly, you could walk from an easy fight, 20 paces away to a fight that was bordering on impossible without a few more levels under your belt. Difficulty spikes throughout. Act 3 was the best one for me. Best in terms of esthetic and balance of combat. Whereas the final act, every level you got lead to massive gear improvements, but some boss fights felt like a steep difficulty jump my team was not ready or prepared for.
    If this sounds like your jazz, play on. But for needing to rely on outside info to get through, and the combat frustration, I give it a 6/10
  57. May 22, 2021
    More crap bolstered bt games media, because its full of woke ideals and propoganda.
    Boring monotenous trash. Fun for a few hours then becomes a slow redious grind. That fact this game has high scores either means theirs alot of people that quit early or have no lives and meatloaf for brains. Watching paint dry is more stimulating than this " game"
  58. Mar 17, 2021
    The game has its flaws and solo play deserves 9/10 at most and can be comparable to the level of the first Pillars of Eternity game. But the addition of the local split screen coop in a full RPG game for 160 hours is worth noting and deserves a +1 to the score. If you have someone to play with don't hesitate as this is one of the best coop games I ever played. I was not a fan of the firstThe game has its flaws and solo play deserves 9/10 at most and can be comparable to the level of the first Pillars of Eternity game. But the addition of the local split screen coop in a full RPG game for 160 hours is worth noting and deserves a +1 to the score. If you have someone to play with don't hesitate as this is one of the best coop games I ever played. I was not a fan of the first game (mostly because of poor story and music) but I fell in love with this one.

Pros:
    + Tactical fights are so much better than the ones in Pillars of Eternity. You plan your tactics and cooperate to achieve the best outcome.
    + Leveling system is clear and rewarding. You are embracing each new level with excitement.
    + A lot of branching paths and ways to solve the conflicts. You are creating the story. This is the closest to TTRPG I've ever seen.
    + Amazing music.
    + Local coop – I found it the best way to experience this game.
    + The story presented in the game with all the conflicts presented between characters is so much better than in the first game. it is still sometimes hard to follow with all the side stories but i was curious what will happen next.
    + Crafting and consumables that I actually used, which is not common when I usually play the games.
    + Companions with the arcs related to the main story is a great way to engage the player.

Cons:
    – You start all the fights with full health and refreshed abilities. this makes most of the encounters very similar (you always start with the same combination of moves).
    – Story is still a secondary thing. It is not the level of storytelling that Witcher or Pillars of Eternity has.
    – The setting is not super interesting PoE wins this round.
    – Fights are tailored to a specific level. If you go to the place you are not supposed to go, you don't stand a chance.
    – The world feels condensed and thus very small. That affects the story that is told like a grand adventure.
    – Too much elemental surfaces. Almost every fight were infested with permanent fire. The world burned all the time.
    – There are a lot of bugs for a 3 year old game (I played it in late 2020).
  59. May 30, 2021
    Terrible controls, mediocre story, annoying camera. Stopped playing after two hours. I had very high expectation after reading the reviews, but I am disappointed and regret buying this.
  60. Jan 14, 2021
    This game is everything I want from an rpg. i thoroughly enjoyed exploring every little nook and cranny in this game to find every bit of content I could. The game looks gorgeous, and there is a lot to explore. You always feel rewarded for exploring more.
    The story isn't anything especially original, but it is told with a lot of charm. The companion quests are also enjoyable and there are plenty of interesting side quests. Actually, this is one of the few games where I replay all the side quests during every play through.
    All in all this is absolutely one of my favourite games of all time and I can't wait to start another play through.
  61. Nov 10, 2020
    One of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had for a long time. There's a STEEP learning curve for new players, I had a hard time learning the ropes in Fort Joy but the rewards for pushing through are great. The game is vast, with lots to explore. You can get completely lost in this game for hours at a time which can be both a good, and a bad thing.

Great gameplay, a fantastically

Great gameplay, a fantastically designed world, and voice acting throughout only added to my experience. I think the game would benefit from a comprehensive tutorial before Fort Joy. Also, Act 3 and 4 were slightly disappointing compared to Fort Joy and Reapers Coast but altogether the story was solid. A fantastic way to spend 75 hours. The only negative is the fact I'm struggling to find a game to play now I've completed this epic journey!
  62. Dec 20, 2020
    Rekindled my love for turn based RPGs and RPGs in general.
    Some of the best/consistent voice acting I've ever heard. So many different ways to do things with different outcomes. I hope this becomes a continued set of games that come out every few years.
  63. Apr 5, 2021
    I have spend 90+ hours playing this game and i definitely will not want to play it again and this is why. I have played Divinity original sin 1, and i was more or less happy with it. I gave it 8/10 and closed my eyes to all the disadvantages the game had, and god knows there were plenty. I give this one 7/10 even though second part is better than the first one in every way possible. TheI have spend 90+ hours playing this game and i definitely will not want to play it again and this is why. I have played Divinity original sin 1, and i was more or less happy with it. I gave it 8/10 and closed my eyes to all the disadvantages the game had, and god knows there were plenty. I give this one 7/10 even though second part is better than the first one in every way possible. The music is simply amazing. I do not remember the game which had better music and i have played quite many games tbh. The story is soooooo much better than it was in the first part it is simply impossible to compare the two. Characters are much much much better. In all seven available you will definitely find at least one that you will love i guarantee that. The gameplay became even better compared to the first part. I loved the idea of different types of damages and all that came with it. I think it was a great addition to the strategic part of the game and that was really awesome, like you have to develop different builds for your characters so all can do different kind of damage. I really like this. I also liked the fact that you can change your stats in any moment, which was a great issue in the previous part cause many people just ruined the game in the first few hours and were never able to advance further in the game. This was not an issue with the second part, but that definitely does not mean that this game was flawless, god knows it wasn't.

To begin with, flipping loading time for everything was like 5-7 minutes I **** you not. In the beginning you think it will get better and after you have played more than 50 hours in this game you almost loose your temper every time you make a mistake and have to get back to previous save or when something lags or if there was a bug in a location and the game will simply shut down and you have to load this **** again and that means more time waisted on just waiting for the game to load. Believe me this is supper annoying. Also in my game there was a bug when the game will just close itself whenever i will try to open this bloody cake on the dwarf wedding, which is super annoying cause you need this cake for a mission, i only avoided this problem cause i had Louse in my team, otherwise i don't know what i would have done. I have completed every single side quest that was in the game and i can defiantly say that the second part is harder than the first one, and i think that is where the main issue is. It is not simply harder in the strategical aspect, like you have to think more and stuff, this was actually cool it made me love this game, it was hard in the most boring way. You will just never be good enough for this game, just never. You think you had it all in the previous location you come to the next one and everyone is 2 levels higher than you and you can't do anything with it. You have to find the quests that you think you can do you go half way though it and realise you are just not good enough, your enemies are just better in every way possible, there is nothing you can do. And yeah, you die and have to load the game and wait for the loading for 7 minutes just to realise you need a different saving slot and you have to wait again. And that happened thorough out all 90+ hours of this game. It was unbearable. In the end you somehow complete all the quests, get your best build for your character, spend your last money on the equipment, you feel ready for the final battle... and you are not, You are just not. The final battle was a bloody joke. There was no strategy in it, at all, you just have to somehow survive and pray to be lucky with how your enemies will act, and god knows whatever they do you will not benefit from it. I read all the guides I could find and that did not make live easier. I spend all day for a final battle, just to find out that i do not like any of the endings. ANY OF THEM. Maybe this is just my problem, but if i knew the ending would be such a disappointment, I would have simply watched on YouTube and spend the day doing something else. I liked that this game was not easy, but i think the final battle just ruins all the magic the game had, cause you just want it to end and be over with it. Thinking back, second part is so much better than the first in every way possible except for one, first part got kinda boring in the end, second just became unbearable. I would not recommend it to anyone who didn't play the first part, or who is not the fan of RPG.

came back to this review and decided that i was wrong. the game is amazing, at least 8/10
  64. Nov 20, 2019
    Picked up in the recent flash sale on PSN, and it ended up being one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I don't know what I can say about this game that hasn't already been said, but if you're on the fence go for it. It's slow to learn the game mechanics and get immersed but once I did, I was hooked.

Solving a puzzle or figuring out a battle like a game of chess feels very

Solving a puzzle or figuring out a battle like a game of chess feels very rewarding, and I like the non-handholding approach.
  65. Aug 27, 2020
    This is one of the best RPG games I've played in my entire life. It's like I'm a kid again and I'm playing D&D. This is not a Witcher where you run around and stupidly wave your sword, this is really a non-linear role-playing game. If the guys had done Russian dubbing, the translation would have been gold. But even without it, the game is the best.
  66. Oct 9, 2020
    This is how rpg must work... If u are new in turn base rpg choose explorer difficulty and enjoy such a great game!! A game with everything u want. Exploration, dialogs, open world approach at every single fight (u can go straight, cheese it, trick it and more), lot of characters, tons of builds (this may be a problem)! Nice music, great controls at ps4
  67. Apr 3, 2020
    Larian Studios did a great job with this port to PS4. Zero complaints. There are plenty of options to customize your experience however you like. (One review was angry about the camera zoom and didn't even realize there is an option to change it.)
  68. Feb 2, 2019
    This is a really excellent game with a deep plot and whilst it is fairly open in what you do and where you go, it is split into chapters which keeps you on-track and not too lost.

Good points are overall graphics, gameplay and interest. You get a lot of hours of play for your money and it is a very enjoyable game; good mix of walking around and exploring, talking to everyone etc. and then turn based strategy for combat.

Bad points include a slightly confused / clumsy combat screen where it can be difficult to click on the right character to hit (if you miss by a mm your character walks across fire etc. instead of shooting their spell . bow); rather ruthlessly hard, especially at the start with no armour etc. you die really easily, quite hard to complete missions without going online to look at FAQ's, the journal isn't really very useful - you are better off with a traditional pen and paper next to you to keep track of side mission etc.
  69. Apr 15, 2019
    I have seen this game get a phenomenal amount of praise. And while I feel most of that praise is justified, I believe that it doesn't necessarily deserve the overwhelming praise it has gotten. Having said that, Original Sin 2 is a great game.

First off - this game is challenging as all hell. I had the difficulty set to the easiest mode, and immediately regretted my love for much more action-oriented RPGs - combat demands strategy and deft manipulation of the environment in order to win even the most basic of battles.

As others who have written reviews here have stated, Original Sin 2 offers a plethora of player choice. However, while I do appreciate the multitude of ways each situation could have turned out, I didn't really care. I think this is an extremely, extremely subjective perspective, but despite all the choice I was given, my character didn't really feel like someone I was roleplaying as, and despite being a god, I felt largely inconsequential to much of anything. I think this comes from the fact that I simply couldn't get into the story this game was trying to tell.

I think that when it comes to how I play games, I think Original Sin 2 deserves praise for getting me engaged in a genre (CRPGs) that I am generally turned off by. I'm not really into the top-down perspective, I don't like turn-based combat and I really wish the character creator had more depth to it. Having said that, despite this game not being made for someone like me, it really nails what so many look for in a CRPG experience - an abundance of choice, great voice acting, a sandbox feel and fantastic writing.

Overall, Original Sin 2 is a great game - it's not a great game for me, but it might be for you. In that sense, I'd say that if you feel like you can get into a game that screams "2000s Bioware CRPG," which I perceive as being kind of niche, you will love this game. While Pillars of Eternity is a game that I think allows for a greater sense of character immersion, OS2 offers so much more choice and a much more dynamic and unique experience each time you play it.
  70. Jun 14, 2020
    只恨生得太晚,完全错过了CRPG的黄金年代。这应该是我玩过的第一个CRPG。刚上手的10个小时确实难受,尤其是被基友骗去玩了战略难度的情况下。第一感觉就是信息量爆炸,制作组在毫无征兆的情况下把游戏里头的所有机制在一个小时左右的教学关卡之后一股脑们的塞给了玩家。这种感觉直到后期也一直萦绕在心头挥之不去。每当开一张新地图,心里都会嘟囔,妈也我要以哪个顺序来探索这张地图。在降了难度和过了二三十个小时的适应期之后,渐入佳境,越发赞叹这真是一款伟大的游戏。只恨生得太晚,完全错过了CRPG的黄金年代。这应该是我玩过的第一个CRPG。刚上手的10个小时确实难受,尤其是被基友骗去玩了战略难度的情况下。第一感觉就是信息量爆炸,制作组在毫无征兆的情况下把游戏里头的所有机制在一个小时左右的教学关卡之后一股脑们的塞给了玩家。这种感觉直到后期也一直萦绕在心头挥之不去。每当开一张新地图,心里都会嘟囔,妈也我要以哪个顺序来探索这张地图。在降了难度和过了二三十个小时的适应期之后,渐入佳境,越发赞叹这真是一款伟大的游戏。

本作最为打动我的优点有三。其一,妙趣横生的战斗体验。这不仅仅是说战斗系统,战斗系统而言其实就是中规中矩的战棋类。然而让其熠熠生辉的就是无限可能的职业系统和用心打磨的战斗设计。这应该是我玩过的唯一一个没有任何职业限制的游戏。玩家可以随意搭配职业而且还能在游戏中途随意洗点。其次每场战斗都可以看出是制作组用心设计的,经常需要因地制宜妙用各种计策。所以战斗真的是其乐无穷。其二,高自由度的通关方式。本作从第二章起,每一条主线支线都会有各种不同的解法,既可以是暴力应对一切,也可以是嘴遁众生,亦或是在地图偶遇变数。总之尽情发挥想象力,一定会有能让你会心一笑的结果。其三,极佳的性能优化。本作画面可以说是一流再加上HDR的加持,真的是赏心悦目。但更难能可贵的是用一张2080 TI就可以驱动它以4K的分辨率稳定运行在120fps。

说完优点,来说说一些较为平庸和不足之处。剧情在我看来其实比较平铺直叙,因为要满足高自由度,所以说每个角色分到的剧情就会比较薄弱,玩家作为主角来讲看到的其实不是一场主角的冒险故事,而是发生在绿维隆的群像剧,所以带入感不强。单就世界观而言我觉得还是可圈可点的,灰色又不失诙谐。本作最大的遗憾和缺点就是战斗太少。之前说了本作每场战斗都是精心设计的,所以自然就没有通常意义上的遭遇战,每场都可以说是boss战。战斗少也就意味着你得通过其他的方式来获得尽可能多的经验金钱和装备。这就导致我不得不花费大量时间去搜刮地图,鼠标点点点,而一些鸡毛蒜皮的支线我也都不会想拉下。这样就严重割裂了游戏主线剧情体验的连贯和完整性。让本来就不强的剧情显得更弱了。本来这些都可以交给路上的遭遇战来完成的。如何平衡这一切确实是个难题。
  71. Nov 11, 2019
    Игра получилась местами дизбалансной, но с шикарнейшим лор-ом, юморными, отлично прописанными диалогами, крепким сюжетом и широкими тактическими возможностями. Одна из лучших в своём жанре.
  72. Aug 26, 2020
    While the combat can be fun and engaging, and the world that Larian has crafted is full of charm and interesting things to do, a few battles (the final one in particular) are very poorly balanced and forget that enjoyment should be just as important, if not more important, than challenge for the sake of challenge. An issue this focus on hyper-difficulty creates is that it funnels playersWhile the combat can be fun and engaging, and the world that Larian has crafted is full of charm and interesting things to do, a few battles (the final one in particular) are very poorly balanced and forget that enjoyment should be just as important, if not more important, than challenge for the sake of challenge. An issue this focus on hyper-difficulty creates is that it funnels players towards similar builds as the game progresses since some of the strongest spells become mandatory. One playthrough was more than enough for me and I don't intend to play again. Expand
  73. Feb 3, 2020
    Really impressed with how well they ported this game to console. This is my favorite turn based game now. It reminds me so much of never winter nights. It's about the only thing I can compare it too. It really is in a league of its own, and I was dying for a good turn based game, but after wastelanders 2 I was pretty wary. Everything about this game is beautiful and well crafted. The storyReally impressed with how well they ported this game to console. This is my favorite turn based game now. It reminds me so much of never winter nights. It's about the only thing I can compare it too. It really is in a league of its own, and I was dying for a good turn based game, but after wastelanders 2 I was pretty wary. Everything about this game is beautiful and well crafted. The story and origin characters are pretty cool. The difficulty even on normal is pretty hard and my first time through the game I couldn't beat some people, but you can sneak back in later and get them. The game mechanics can be pretty unforgiving and you really have to think about unchaining your characters and luring enemies into stuff like fire or rooms to get away from archers, only for them to climb up high and hit you with spells and arrows a few turns in a row. And there's a somewhat limited supply of gold, encounters, and ressurection scrolls. There are a lot of cool things about this game. Lots of excellent voice acting and music too. The character customization is fun and simple. Though the only things shared among the team are lucky charm and lore finder.

If your on the edge about this game and it being a console port don't worry. They did an awesome job on the UI and the point and click translates well with a controller. It's pretty much the opposite of wastelanders 2. You have two different views and you can scroll the whole map. The map itself is easy to use and mark. Quests track easily. It's almost like a turn based world of warcraft. If you loved warcraft you will probably love this game!!
  74. Mar 15, 2020
    Do you want to feel divine? Get this game and play it! It's amazing, all positive critic to this game.
  75. Mar 23, 2020
    Simplesmente, espetacular!
    O melhor jogo que já joguei até hoje, extremamente desafiador e profundo, é como um livro para ser lido e interagir na história. Conseguiram reunir o melhor do RPG de mesa em um jogo.
    Parabéns todos os envolvimentos no desenvolvimento dessa obra de arte.
  76. Jul 14, 2021
    It's the best RPG I've played in this generation. I acquired it initially thinking only at the local coop system, but I've discovered that this is just a plus, the game is really awesome. The art, the music, the combat system, the progress, the choices, the classes, everything was made with lots of real efford of the developers. You can see that they have payed attentioon to the detais,It's the best RPG I've played in this generation. I acquired it initially thinking only at the local coop system, but I've discovered that this is just a plus, the game is really awesome. The art, the music, the combat system, the progress, the choices, the classes, everything was made with lots of real efford of the developers. You can see that they have payed attentioon to the detais, and they made a masterpiece. Congratulations Larian Studios for this work, It brought me lots of joy and fun. Expand
  77. May 5, 2020
    Most RPGs on this scale tend to not keep me interested for very long. I would have to take breaks from Fallout and Elder Scrolls because it was too much of the same thing and I finally got a little tired of it and had to quit. This game however I have over 700 hours invested with no brakes from it. A fantastic game and I can't wait to see what they do with the Baldur's Gate series.
  78. Jun 19, 2020
    Мне эта игра не зашла. Нужно читать тонны текста. Плюс времени нужно очень много на игру.
  79. Nov 26, 2020
    Trash. More broken than the first one. Figured I'd give Larian one more chance, but never buying another title from them again. I was looking forward to Baldur's Gate too. But DOS2 on consoles is so broken it's almost unplayable. Anywhere from the awful battle controls on controller to bartering; i.e. be very careful when trying to talk to an NPC in a city or something lest you highlightTrash. More broken than the first one. Figured I'd give Larian one more chance, but never buying another title from them again. I was looking forward to Baldur's Gate too. But DOS2 on consoles is so broken it's almost unplayable. Anywhere from the awful battle controls on controller to bartering; i.e. be very careful when trying to talk to an NPC in a city or something lest you highlight the wrong thing with these garbage console controls and accidentally steal something. You would think Larien would put some kind of failsafe mechanic for this sort of thing, but alas they're just another garbage dev. Expand
  80. Jun 25, 2020
    One of the best RPG I ever played. I loved almost everything in this game but music is the best part of this masterpiece.Ending is sick.
  81. Jun 2, 2021
    Моя любимая рпгшка. Единственное что не понравлилось это некоторые баги такие как квест с тортиком
  82. Jul 21, 2020
    Amazing isometric RPG! Totally unique in in scale and style and the amount of content! felt totally immersed when playing this.
  83. Jul 21, 2020
    Solid game overall, but not too difficult once you get a rhythm going. Love the different origin characters.
  84. Sep 9, 2020
    One of my favorite games. A lot of fun. Be patient there is a learning curve. If you like shootem up bang bang games you might want to pass on this one there is a lot to it. If you like turn based rpgs you should buy it immediately.
  85. Sep 25, 2020
    It is one of the best games I played maybe my whole life. It is really great. The story is exciting with lots of unexpected twists, and great multi-dimensional characters. Difficulty level is great. Classic is really challenging, then if you like to dig in for nuanced mechanics and min-maxing, and against a bit of an unfair challenge (like I do) you will definetly enjoy replaying it onIt is one of the best games I played maybe my whole life. It is really great. The story is exciting with lots of unexpected twists, and great multi-dimensional characters. Difficulty level is great. Classic is really challenging, then if you like to dig in for nuanced mechanics and min-maxing, and against a bit of an unfair challenge (like I do) you will definetly enjoy replaying it on Tactitian. The one small thing I regret is that I feel there isn't that many viable builds on Tactitian which I would gladly replay again otherwise. All in all, if you like rpg and turned based strategy it is deffinetly a must have. Expand
  86. Sep 27, 2020
    Very good tactical rpg with a lot of replayability. Very few games give you that level of freedom, choose your own path, it is even possible to kill guest giver npcs if you feel like it. Combats are fun and challenging, character progression is addictive. Story is average though imo. Last but not least, split screen couch co op give you the opportunity to share this adventure with yourVery good tactical rpg with a lot of replayability. Very few games give you that level of freedom, choose your own path, it is even possible to kill guest giver npcs if you feel like it. Combats are fun and challenging, character progression is addictive. Story is average though imo. Last but not least, split screen couch co op give you the opportunity to share this adventure with your better half. Best feature ever. Expand
  87. Dec 8, 2020
    Merits of this RPG are limited to the nice looks and excellent sound quality. As a game, its painfully limited and linear, and just lacks the depth and scope of, say, Pillars of Eternity. The combat system is lacking as well, what with the 'outlining' of enemies behind other objects being so poorly done, most of the time you cannot see where the enemies are, and so on.
    Stories too, are
    Stories too, are rather dull. So, a very mediocre experience. And still rather buggy as well at the time of writing..
    Go with Pillars or Torment, or the excellent Baldur's Gate 1&2, if you want to play a good old skool RPG. This aint worth it.
  88. Apr 15, 2021
    Fantastic game. I played this with my boyfriend as my first introduction to turn-based combat, and it was such a good introduction. I was hooked on this game within hours of playing it. Very easy to pick up if you're new to this genre (although I did look up guides for the best builds) and just a very enjoyable game. Great soundtrack and voice acting, and the side quests are just asFantastic game. I played this with my boyfriend as my first introduction to turn-based combat, and it was such a good introduction. I was hooked on this game within hours of playing it. Very easy to pick up if you're new to this genre (although I did look up guides for the best builds) and just a very enjoyable game. Great soundtrack and voice acting, and the side quests are just as interesting as the main story. I'm always recommending this game and I think it is a must play. Expand
  89. rvp
    Nov 30, 2020
    I loved the game. Finally, a great classic RPG again. The story is very interesting. The characters are very likeable. The game length is immense! I love the freedom the game gives you. You can solve quests in so many different ways. The choices you make affect the game directly! The gameplay and the fighting system is a lot of fun! Overall, a great game!
  90. Dec 17, 2020
    Amazing gameplay and world, liberty of choices like a D&D
    A cool creation mode too
  91. Dec 7, 2020
    God I dunno where to start.This game is epic.From the original score,characters,stories,it’s perfect in every way.Also if you have do decide which character to choose,I highly recommend to play as Ifan Ben-Mezd.His character development and story is marvelous.
  92. Feb 7, 2021
    This game could be great but is held back by its many issues thanks to poor design/ execution.
    At first, the combat was a bit challenging but once I figured it out I had a ton of fun with it. The other strongest point of the game is the soundtrack, which is absolutely brilliant.
    While I did like some of the characters and party members, I did not feel truly attached to any of them (which is kind of weird considering I spent 150 hours with them). As for the story, it isn't anything spectacular but it has to be said that the replayability is strong with different builds and characters.

My main issue was the map, which is the **** design I've ever seen in a videogame and the fact that I had to look up on the internet which areas had quests appropriate for my level because I didn't want to get absolutely destroyed by enemies 2 levels above me. That was really immersion breaking.
    I actually think enemy AI and ally AI is a bit different because enemies seem at least capable of using tactics, while ally AI is the worst kind of garbage there is. That became clear to me during a quest where you have to protect an npc ( who is eager to join the battle by any means, I mean ANY means) and after 2 tries I finally managed to keep him out of battle until the very end where he ran into necrofire and gradually killed himself from full health. All that without a purpose, he didn't attack a single enemy, he just climbed up a ladder and burned to death. I don't even know if that actually counts as a bad thing because it was hilarious.
    Also, the game wastes so much of your time: the fact that skills have a cooldown outside of combat is extremely annoying, as well as having no sprint button when you have to backtrack and explore so much ( fast travel points are sometimes far away from your objective).
    The game froze 3 times during my playthrough (nothing wrong with ps hardware, I played RDR2 just before this game without any issues) when I started looting stuff. Oh yeah, that reminds me: the inventory is also a mess, it gets so clogged up, there should be a way to better categorize items.

That's my experience in a nutshell. I'd still recommend picking up this game if you like turn based rpg-s, maybe you'll have a better time with it than I did.
  93. Dec 12, 2020
    I bought the game expecting an old fashioned RPG game. I was not disappointed.

Larian gave us a great tactical RPG game. You can customize your whole team to do as you please (and try again during the game if you're not completely satisfied). You can speedrun it, or just take full on hours exploring the big ass map with tons of secrets everywhere. Is the game perfect ? No. There are
    I bought the game expecting an old fashioned RPG game. I was not disappointed.

Is the game perfect ? No. There are a lot of bugs. Freezes. Camera bugs. Cursor bugs (really sometimes trying to aime for a spell sends the cursor in the hell-hole below the map for no reason). It's confusing as well : combat screens get full-on bonkers and unreadable, and tons of mechanics are never properly explained.
    Is also is not completely consistent as some chapters are much better than others. Should I rank them, I would probably advocate for chapter II as the absolute best since it is so big, so diverse, so challenging and starts to bring a lot of the story to your understanding.
    Finally, the game is very punishing for two reasons. One : a single mistake can really cost you a game over. Two : even if you can save at any moment (which is a great feature), the loading delays are so frigging high that it become a recurring nightmare. On the bright side, each time you misclick your target you can go boil yourself a nice cup of tea while reloading.

It is still very good. The fights are challenging, the story has tons of layers, which you can't all see in a single game. The effects are very impressive and the combat mechanics are really rich, depending on the team you use. The atmosphere is overall great : writing, music and sounds, dialogues.
    Something interesting to mention is that the difficulty scales pretty roughly yet smartly. At times it can seem frustrating, but it's just the game telling you tha tyou shouldn't be there just yet.

And hell, how good it feels to actually play roles ? Very.
  94. May 14, 2021
    This is by far the very best RPG I've ever played in my entire life. No bugs great gameplay and graphics. Good story too.
  95. Jun 1, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simply a masterpiece for the RPG games of this gen. With some things that could be polished, but in the end it doesnt even matter.
    Waiting anxiously for Divinity 3, home they even surpass this game.

-SPOILER-
    RIP my character, who died at the end of the game.

Universal acclaim - based on 46 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 30, 2018
    Divinity 2: Original Sin is an excellent RPG that’s packed full of excellent writing, great characters and lengthy adventure filled with inventive and quirky twists on the genre. The combat can be a bit of a slog, there are a few bugs, and the console interface isn’t perfect, but it’s still an absolutely cracking title that will suck up an obscene amount of hours from those who get stuck in. As mentioned at the start of this review, Larian Studios have been making great role-playing games for years and years, and this one stands as one of their very best.
  2. Oct 10, 2018
    Overall, Divinity: Original Sin II is still an excellent RPG experience that uses intuitive mechanics and player choice to an incredible degree to make every encounter challenging and interesting. Divinity II is a beast of an RPG that does many different things incredibly well. It's not perfect from a technical standpoint, and fights and leveling can be frustrating at times, but these are minor quibbles when compared to all of the good stuff that's in the game and works well. If you're in the market for a new RPG with interesting storytelling and an appropriate amount of freedom, make Divinity II your next adventure.
  3. Oct 5, 2018
    Original Sin 2 shakes your hand a little too hard when you first meet. It needs to relax until you get to know it better. It's endlessly surprising, with characters that lose their stiffness over time, in dialogues and battle logs that piece together a dangerous, thoughtful world. It's tough. But the reward is that you get tougher, too. It still needs to clean up some of its tactical sloppiness, though. Having a ton of options in battle is only good if its rules are fair and make sense.