8.0

1. Mar 20, 2020
    Excelente juego y un homenaje tremendo a este legendaria saga, acción y heavy metal a montones.
  2. Mar 20, 2020
    Great game ruined by jumping...DOOM 2016 was better. If i would jump like idiot i would play Mario...
  3. Mar 20, 2020
    Going to give the game a 0 out of ten because there are some serious issues that should of been addressed before release and because this game is nothing but a stupid jumping simulator. 90 percent of the game the player is required to jump through this an that an swing around like a damn monkey. Just because you add a new feature to the game doesn't mean you should utilize it to the pointGoing to give the game a 0 out of ten because there are some serious issues that should of been addressed before release and because this game is nothing but a stupid jumping simulator. 90 percent of the game the player is required to jump through this an that an swing around like a damn monkey. Just because you add a new feature to the game doesn't mean you should utilize it to the point of overkill where that is all your players are doing. They dropped the ball massively here. I am playing on a 65" LG HDR tv not a cheap tv with the viewing set at 110 for the FOV on a brand new ps4 pro an I am constantly having stuttering in all of my lateral movements. This issue alone has cause me to lower the difficulty because the harder difficulty the easier you die an when you can't move an you are constantly being frozen for a split second here an there you just get killed because the game has a flaw in the movement. On top of that I cannot stand sh!ty pull this lever an you have a few seconds to get to this challenges more so when the movement of the character is flawed for whatever reason. On top of this their are way to many collectables in the game an I dont feel like being a damn acrobat to collect this crap, I would of preferred a more detailed environment that has objects hidden then trying to make the Doom slayer a circus preformer.

Don't get me wrong I love the Gun play but then when you have to constantly switch items by taking your thumb off the joy stick in order to tap on a analog this causes you to become dependent upon whatever you have equipped most of the time because you need to keep moving to stay alive. This probably is no issue for mouse an keyboard but on a controller its very flawed an I think had they thought about this when making the game they could of not added so many new items to make you like the predator with shoulder mounted grenades amd kept it simple .

Also the only things they seem to of done is nerf the doom slayer while boosting the demons by giving them bullet sponge health even after taking out their weak points, the shotgun is nerfed to hardly do any damage so it seems unless its to basic demons. They added a ton of abilities for guns yet on a controller their are to many to try an switch during combat to an effective way unless they greatly increase the slow time effect while choosing the weapon.

Its becoming rather boring already after about 12 hours in because its pretty much acrobatic BS to find your way around a level an to collect all the collectables so you can collect other collectibles.

I cannot say that I enjoy this game as much as I did Doom 2016 because they seem to of tried to add so many new things that it ruined it pretty much, had they kept the same gun play without adding in all these extra features to try an wow the players I think they would of done better but all things swinging around like a ape BS has me pretty much thinking the game is a steaming puke compared to the previous iteration. Fan boys will probably want to flame me but I was really looking forward to this game an I feel like it missed the mark because they didn't follow the KISS method of game development an they over thought it all so it doesn't feel like a doom game to me but a knock off of one.

I would say this is probably not a good game for people who have accessibility issues or arthritis.

For now I will leave my rating where it is an see if they fix the movement issue an for future iteration I hope they try not to mimic other games or scifi items.

The longer I play this game the worse it gets, the devs lack any ability to be creative with their enemy AI the best their dumb @sses can come up with it lets give everything a **** shield an make it move real fast an give the players no ammo. Going to to avoid ever bying another doom game again now way to go **** idiots.

The multiplayer is trash as well you can't use the same abilities as in the game the bfg does no dmg unless you score a direct hit on a player demon, then you start off with hardly any ammo while the player demons can constantly summon demons to attack you an since no one uses a mic even when you play as a demon the **** idiots get killed because they try to solo the slayer. All in all the game is **** all around just like hugo martins idea of being a swinging monkey.
  4. Mar 28, 2020
    If I were to describe this game in one sentence, it would be that it feels like a boiled down arcade mode of the 2016 version.

- I was always skeptical of the glory kills in the original, as I was afraid they would be a forced and repetitive mechanic that would constantly take you out of the action. This turned out not to be the case in 2016, but it absolutely is in eternal. - Enemies

- Enemies now have weaknesses that needs to be exploited as ammo is very sparse. This quickly becomes repetitive as best illustrated with the caca demon (The flying ball with a mouth and an eye), where you have to throw a grenade into its mouth and perform a glory kill. Every time.
    - Graphics are much improved but the overall setting feels much more cartoony with the way pickups stand out in the landscape.
    - There are now monkey bars and wall climbing.
    - Combat is constantly interrupted by cut-scenes. E.g. when you kill a set of enemies you would see a cutscene of a door unlock. I was surprised on how much this actually breaks the flow of the game.
    - It feels far less polished than the prior entry.

By all means it's a decent game, but if you came here expecting a followup to Doom 2016, you will be disappointed. I would recommend picking this up once it goes on sale.
  5. Mar 21, 2020
    Combat that prioritizes movement on levels designed in a way that hinders your movement. A terrible combination. This game may just have the worst level design of any DOOM game. Which is funny because DOOM II used to have that title, and DE is meant to be a love letter to that game. There aren't the narrow corridors you love. Instead, wide open multi-layered arenas. The customization,Combat that prioritizes movement on levels designed in a way that hinders your movement. A terrible combination. This game may just have the worst level design of any DOOM game. Which is funny because DOOM II used to have that title, and DE is meant to be a love letter to that game. There aren't the narrow corridors you love. Instead, wide open multi-layered arenas. The customization, enemies, and mechanics? All amazing aspects holding up this game due to the weight of it's terrible mapping. Expand
  6. Mar 29, 2020
    - Unnecessary rock paper scissor mechanic in a shooter.
    - Always low on ammo in order to enforce the first point. - Infinite spawn of enemies in order to address the second point.
    - Unnecessary rock paper scissor mechanic in a shooter.

Essentially a mess of a game trying to create a “thinking man’s action game” (said by the lead dev) out of what should be adrenaline focused, fast pace action. Ultimately what comes down to is that it doesn’t accomplish its own objective either because you will be just memorizing weaknesses and prioritize the high targets while keeping few fodders around for ammo instead of killing them indiscriminately like a Doom Slayer should be. They created a terrible mechanic for a game that didn’t need it. And to create the said delusion, they limit your ammo and your freedom to play. And to solve the low ammo issue, they introduced another dumb mechanic of infinitely respawning enemies. This approach is akin to say, The Elder Scrolls Six game hypothetically forcing players to do the main quest line first in order to promote “story driven game” by devs—destroying what made the previous series great. 0/10 to balance the fanboys.
  7. Mar 22, 2020
    My official review of the game is while bringing over the best elements of Doom 2016 and expanding on them, overall the game is a weaker version of the Doom Model. Gameplay features is the crux of the issue, while expanding on gameplay from last game, it is clear that certain elements are not executed well. Climbing and mobility play a larger role in this game but the novelty wears offMy official review of the game is while bringing over the best elements of Doom 2016 and expanding on them, overall the game is a weaker version of the Doom Model. Gameplay features is the crux of the issue, while expanding on gameplay from last game, it is clear that certain elements are not executed well. Climbing and mobility play a larger role in this game but the novelty wears off quickly as you realize how difficult platforming is when dashing is unpredictable, climbs sometimes do not work and platform set up is confusing. Arenas are larger and bring much more variety, however Doom is suppose to make you fell fast and juggling killing demons and traversing lava pools, acid and not falling off the map is annoying. Difficulty, the game has spiked in difficulty demons hit hard, but at the same time it becomes an overwhelming amount of demons and found myself dying a lot despite this now being my first fps nor first doom title. Boss battles that were once too easy are now progressing to too difficult with the final 2 bosses, I had to equip sentinel armour, reducing incoming damage and gives you full hp and armour,in order to complete them. Story, the original was simple and honestly enjoyable: demons have awoken because corporations got too greedy and got hell energy, stop demons. This game story while also simple relies too heavily on the lore of the world that was lightly established in the first title. While I will admit, I understand it, I can see how some may become lost. Overall, while being a fun and exhilarating experience I much prefer Doom 2016 than this new release. However, I will happily enjoy more Doom in the future. Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2020
    I hate Eternal's design decision, which I will fully qualify as authoritarian, gamey and wooden. It feels like cheap design. There's no flow and by the time you get to the end of the game, you are cycling through the same stuff all the time anyway because there's no choice other than max out your dps and get armor in the process.

I loved 2016 and having finished Eternal, the gameplay

I loved 2016 and having finished Eternal, the gameplay isn't the only issue I have with it :

Invisible walls everywhere. The levels read horribly in that regard and the level design is as limiting as the gameplay.
    2016 got flanderized in Eternal. The story is a joke. The tone is one big fourth-wall break. 2016's story was far, far more powerful and its tone very successfully skirting the line between meta-commentary and subtle. VEGA being saved, the tension with Hayden, the absolute, rorschach-level slaughter of demons, all of it was amazing. Eternal feels like that cook that doesn't get that seasoning is all about restraint and having just the right amount and instead emptying jugfuls of salt and pepper onto it because "people liked it last time". They took the fun quip about "mortally challenged" and hammered it over and over, as if the writer was going "Hey, that was funny last time, right? Right?"
    Two third of the levels don't sell anything about the world, they make you feel nothing. The only ones that did anything were the ones in that elder-maykr-sentinel ancient thing-setting that only managed to be beautiful. Levels exist to be traversed in Eternal whereas in 2016 they elicited both story and a sense of place despite the comparatively much-more limiting Mars UAC setting.

And of course, the gameplay. I want to run and shot at stuff, and I balk at the defense of the new mechanics as "skill". Quake 3 didn't require a chainsaw to reload.
  9. Mar 20, 2020
    Phenomenal game. The guns feel way better an have much more weight to them, the movement is vastly improved, the platforming and puzzles are great the environmental storytelling is unparalleled and it’s all around a great time. One issue however is that the capacity for some of the weapons is a bit low and you’ll have to be looking for ammo a bit more than I’d like but I see why the changePhenomenal game. The guns feel way better an have much more weight to them, the movement is vastly improved, the platforming and puzzles are great the environmental storytelling is unparalleled and it’s all around a great time. One issue however is that the capacity for some of the weapons is a bit low and you’ll have to be looking for ammo a bit more than I’d like but I see why the change was made. Overall an amazing exhilarating action packed experience. Expand
  10. Mar 21, 2020
    Woah! I came to re-write my review (basically due to reading a BUNCH of n-e-g-i-t-v-e reviews!

Doom Eternal N O T a Doom game? What? The OG Doom and Doom 2 hell on earth are DIFFICULT classic FPS that primarily focus on fast - snappy skill - and exploration of the map (whilst killing hordes of Demons in tight arena-based combat rooms) Doom eternal takes T H A T general gameplay

Doom Eternal N O T a Doom game? What?

Doom eternal takes T H A T general gameplay element (adds more heavy metal cartoonish aesthetic) and ramps it up to create a more fluid (probably more accessible honestly) direction. They use the OLD models (for the most part) of the enemies....like...its more DOOM then DOOM 3 and DOOM 2016 (Doom 3 is a piece of **** bad...the gameplay is clunky, it's not spooky scary - - it's frustrating and cheap)

I do believe that maybe the way Ammo and Health pickups work is potentially a bit irritating (also ammo size for the guns probably NEEDS to be upped in a patch, also potentially add more chances to find ammo and health kits around the mappps) But the general idea behind it is kinda cool. YOU as the Doom Slayer need to maintain and work on your direction of fire and take advantage of your arsenal throughout the environmental **** even use the terrain to your advantage...

It's still RIP AND TEAR...But now its more RIP AND TEAR strategically.

I like DOOM 2016 but it feels a lot easier and less challenging compared to how they balanced all the new mechanics within Eternal. Also the Narrative this time round is more compelling from a DOOM nerd-lore perspective. It is more arcady then all the other doom games too...but I'm kinda okay with it... all the doom games have really silly (Legit DOOM 2 is about the doom guy getting revenge for the death of his rabbit) situation based carnage.

The game makes YOU the player need to seriously BRING it to these Demons. After about 3 or 4 hours I've finally gotten the hang of the environment and the terrian. Im finding it MUCH more satisfying killing these demon ****

Platforming is also a SERIOUS LEGIT issue the game has...this cannot reaaallly be fixed....It just kinda...idk...takes away from the KILL IT carnage....that would be my ABSOLUTE biggest grip.

Overall. I kinda love this game. It's fun. It's absolutely intense and violent.
    Guns do need a bit of a buff tho. Although, I reckon this is something that can (and most likely well) be fixed by the id Software lads.
  11. Mar 21, 2020
    Beat game today. From the start, I knew it was great. The greatness lasted throughout luckily. This is my dream game. Not one stone was left unturned for Doom fans. Not only that, but it has gameplay that reinvents the shooter genre. The puzzle, platforming, exploring, combat is all implemented in the best way possible. Its like the best things in a video game in one package. If you wantBeat game today. From the start, I knew it was great. The greatness lasted throughout luckily. This is my dream game. Not one stone was left unturned for Doom fans. Not only that, but it has gameplay that reinvents the shooter genre. The puzzle, platforming, exploring, combat is all implemented in the best way possible. Its like the best things in a video game in one package. If you want to die happy & want all your wishes & dreams fulfilled, get this game. One thing I did get annoyed by was the GPS tracker. Wish companies would do away with navigators that tell you that you are 0 percent at destination, but mission wants you to do several other things before you progress. The map in the menu is at least designed so well, you can rely on it if ever confused. Expand
  12. Mar 21, 2020
    best shoter ever with no doubt. harder to play, more creative and more intense than last doom it has become a best game I ever played because I’m a shoter fan
  13. Mar 23, 2020
    Потрясающая игра! Сначала не понравилась, но позже я сполна почувствовал насколько это достойное продолжение. Я считаю, она многим отличается от doom 2016, поэтому к ней надо привыкнуть.
  14. Mar 20, 2020
    I have been playing shooters since goldeneye on the 64. This truly shows that it was made my the same company that invented this very genre. The music is exhilarating, the combat and sound effects are phenomenal, the story and main character are bad ass, and to top it all off? THE COMBAT IS UNFORGIVING!!!! PLAY THIS GAME!!!!
  15. Mar 21, 2020
    I hate the platforming in this gane thought it was going to be like doom 2016 but more but never expected to have **** levels of jumping, perfect game ruined by the platforming. But great cpmbqt, sound and graphics and amazing weapons.
  16. Mar 20, 2020
    This is probably the best first person shooter of all time. It is absolutely worth your time and money.
  17. Mar 21, 2020
    DOOM Eternal is an amazing FPS game, with fun but challenging dynamic combat against hell's forces, beautiful created visuals to help distinguish demons form one another and interesting story total mostly through codex entries scattered through out the many arena like levels in game combine with a kick-ass soundtrack composed by the immensely talented Mick Gordon with help from heavy metalDOOM Eternal is an amazing FPS game, with fun but challenging dynamic combat against hell's forces, beautiful created visuals to help distinguish demons form one another and interesting story total mostly through codex entries scattered through out the many arena like levels in game combine with a kick-ass soundtrack composed by the immensely talented Mick Gordon with help from heavy metal screamers. DOOM Eternal is by far one of the great game to come out this year. id Software have truly out done themselves but now the question remains. Do become the Slayer in an epic conquest to save humanity and destroy hell! Or will just be a mortally challenged scum waiting for your arm to be snapped off and impaled into year head? Expand
  18. Mar 23, 2020
    todo Doom 2016, de nuevo en Eternal, mas y mejor, mas abierto, mejor musica, mejor dinamica, ams desafios, juego casi excelente
  19. Mar 22, 2020
    Я не хочу разбираться в 500 перках я хочу убивать монстров. Я не хочу 6 выстрелов из двустволки я хочу всю игру пройти с двустволкой. Игра неплохая, но свернули они явно не туда.
  20. Mar 22, 2020
    ESO SI QUE ES UN JUEGAZO PERO A FULL THE PAST, LOCO QUE ME HE PUESTO Todo chorbo cazando demonios tío, que este juego es la hyostia y se merece el 91 que tiene el animal crossing tío, que este juego si que es la hostia en pepinos y no esa puta mierda de juego para furros de Nintendo tío, pedazo juegazo el DOOM, recomendado a todo el mundo al 100%, no le doy el 100, porque le falta serESO SI QUE ES UN JUEGAZO PERO A FULL THE PAST, LOCO QUE ME HE PUESTO Todo chorbo cazando demonios tío, que este juego es la hyostia y se merece el 91 que tiene el animal crossing tío, que este juego si que es la hostia en pepinos y no esa puta mierda de juego para furros de Nintendo tío, pedazo juegazo el DOOM, recomendado a todo el mundo al 100%, no le doy el 100, porque le falta ser exclusivo de Sony para ya tener los mega pepinazos de graficos 4K que solo ofrece esa consola, pero por lo demás todo fetén tío. Expand
  21. Mar 22, 2020
    Это просто глоток свежего воздуха среди кучи игро-говна, только такие игры чего-то стоят!
  22. Mar 23, 2020
    Gaming is entertainment. I just don't feel like playing more than a level at a time and just want it to end than go on. Not interesting. Basically bought the download, wish I bought the CD, b/c I'd return it. I half like it. Some parts are cool, other parts are just stuck for a bit or same ol' same ol' w/o much seeming plot. IDK, I was ushered into gaming with the Original Doom andGaming is entertainment. I just don't feel like playing more than a level at a time and just want it to end than go on. Not interesting. Basically bought the download, wish I bought the CD, b/c I'd return it. I half like it. Some parts are cool, other parts are just stuck for a bit or same ol' same ol' w/o much seeming plot. IDK, I was ushered into gaming with the Original Doom and this, even on the easiest level, is hard to get through compared to the original (ie doesn't play like the original's level). It's more for hard core first person shooters I guess than the once-in-a-while casual player or the "revisit Doom" player. This just doesn't float my boat for $64. I certainly won't be streaming through SONY anymore. Hardcore CD or bust. So I learned something for the money. For 8k, too, it could have had better vista's. A lot of CPU power sucked up into what seems like 3 colors: Red, Black, Yellow. Booooring visuals. Gore is the same cut scenes. zzzzzz. This style of play is not new, feels like a 2005 game to me. Expand
  23. Mar 20, 2020
    The best Doom has ever been! I like how they went with a more story driven story mode, with the gameplay being even better then Doom 2016. The music is spectacular, you feel it ramp up every time you kill a demon! And in my opinion there isn’t a better fps on the market. Doom Eternal is for me a 666 out of 10 would definitely recommend.
  24. Mar 21, 2020
    This game gives you and absolute adrenaline burst, gameplay is frenetic, fast and even more visceral than previous DOOM, there are changes on how you progress through the game that reminds me more to the Shadow Warrior remake back in 2013 (which was superb) than any other game of the DOOM franchise, for some people is bad for me is fine.

There a plenty of upgrades you can do, very

There a plenty of upgrades you can do, very similar to DOOM 2016 but with some minor additions.

This game is a blast and totally worth it if you like blood, gore, fast paced shooting and to be out of ammo 45% of your time.
  25. Mar 21, 2020
    Doom Eternal can be summed up in 3 words; guns, demons, and death. Despite the fact that it seems like nothing more than your average shooter, Doom Eternal is surprisingly plot heavy and (in my opinion) is the best fast paced shooter we've seen up to this point. Seriously, you can get lost in how fast paced it is. Glory kills, heavy metal, fast paced combat, and a unique strategy systemDoom Eternal can be summed up in 3 words; guns, demons, and death. Despite the fact that it seems like nothing more than your average shooter, Doom Eternal is surprisingly plot heavy and (in my opinion) is the best fast paced shooter we've seen up to this point. Seriously, you can get lost in how fast paced it is. Glory kills, heavy metal, fast paced combat, and a unique strategy system all combine to make Doom Eternal a shooter masterpiece. Despite its positives, Doom Eternal does have its negatives. The 1st complaint (and it's slight) is that certain demons eh huh... the Marauder... make the game so hard that at times you will want to rage. But don't worry after many, many deaths you'll finally get the hang of it. Hopefully you haven't smashed your controller by that point however. The second complaint, and by far the most annoying, is how jumping and most puzzles work. You miss click one button and your character falls and the puzzles at times are so abstract and confusing that the only way I can solve them is by looking on youtube. Despite these flaws, overall Doom Eternal is exactly what you would expect from a Doom title and even more. Expand
  26. Mar 20, 2020
    Doom Eternal is awesome!! Better than 2016 The campaing is brutal but Battlemode is interesting and good.
  27. Mar 22, 2020
    So far I've seen several bad reviews here for a game that enjoyed a lot so I thought I'd add some of my commentary on the game. I'm a Doom fan, though not a fanboy to the point I'll suck the game off and ignore it's flaws. It's not a flawless game but it's a pretty damn good one, the best in the series for that matter. It deviates a lot from the Doom 2016, adding a lot more mobility andSo far I've seen several bad reviews here for a game that enjoyed a lot so I thought I'd add some of my commentary on the game. I'm a Doom fan, though not a fanboy to the point I'll suck the game off and ignore it's flaws. It's not a flawless game but it's a pretty damn good one, the best in the series for that matter. It deviates a lot from the Doom 2016, adding a lot more mobility and weapons. Essentially the Doom Slayer is given several new abilities each of them a more than welcome addition. Though I feel like the most welcome addition is the increased usage of the chainsaw. Ammo is something that is a bit more seldom than the previous games. Before you could simply sweep an entire level with the same weapon and call it a day but now you have to switch around and think fast in the middle of battle on which weapons you should use. I never really came across a point in time where I had no ammo, if you're lacking in ammo you simply chainsaw some fodder. You also have some increased mobility so you can be on the move a lot more. Since that's what made the previous games so good it's a welcome addition. Though I feel the biggest hinderance this game has is the platforming. Now in between firefights you'e usually given a platforming section. It's not horrendous but it's a bit out of place to say the least. It does take a lot away from the atmosphere and vibe of the game. But I feel like what makes this game best is the spectacle. Before you were tied to the same planet and space station now you're traveling between dimensions to these massive hellscapes littered with titans and mechs. The game also tries to build up some lore to the Doom world but it's entirely optional while it is sometimes shoved in your face. Overall if you enjoy Doom or FPS' in the slightest you'll love this game. Expand
  28. Mar 20, 2020
    Doom Eternal is an awesome game with epic environments, loud heavy metal, extreme violence, and revamped swift movement. The combat encourages you to run & jump around everywhere, pick up items, brutally kill demons, and NOT hide behind cover! You will be craving more action once you have a taste. The only problems are things occasionally not spawning in and inconsistent melee detectionDoom Eternal is an awesome game with epic environments, loud heavy metal, extreme violence, and revamped swift movement. The combat encourages you to run & jump around everywhere, pick up items, brutally kill demons, and NOT hide behind cover! You will be craving more action once you have a taste. The only problems are things occasionally not spawning in and inconsistent melee detection wasting the super melee move. Expand
  29. Mar 23, 2020
    Loving it. However, needing to connect online all the time REALLY adds to the load time. No reason to even BE online.
  30. Mar 21, 2020
    Mano esse jogo é muito bom bixo manerão melhor que o doom 2016 nao sei como, mas qualquer um que curte um jogo rapido gostará desse jogo
  31. Mar 23, 2020
    Good game, beautiful music, violence. Everything like in Doom 2016 but better.
  32. Mar 22, 2020
    Doom eternal is a fast paced, doesn’t waste your time, fast paced FPS that doesn’t disappoint. This game is the perfect sequel to doom 2016 and isn’t a copy paste of doom 2016 and is much more harder than the first one and doesn’t mess around. Soundtrack is back a just as exciting and has new demons that will challenge your skill to the max
  33. Mar 22, 2020
    Great gameplay, great music, great levels.
    Great gameplay, great music, great levels.
    If you've played Doom 2016, this game is a bit different. The core combat had slightly changed, with the ammo being less frequent, but because of this the chainsaw is your biggest friend. Platforming has a nice touch, while cooling down from a fight you had a minute ago. The environments are epic as hell (pun intended) and the story can be amusing for people really looking for lore.
  34. Mar 23, 2020
    Multiplayer is the only fly in the ointment to this otherwise stellar thrill ride of a game.
  35. Mar 23, 2020
    DOOM will always be DOOM don't need to change anything about the game loved the increased speed, gameplay is great as always it's a great game to release all your anger into it with smashing and blowing up demons but one thing I hope they add in the future is that I would love to see a DOOM coop campaign mode or just a survival mode but overall the game is awesome
  36. Mar 23, 2020
    Insanely mindblowing, fps fan or not this game fires on all cylinders. Long campaign missions that are highly detailed and varied, fun transversal followed by adrenaline pumped encounters, goreifying combat system, and the Slayer has even been expanded on.
  37. Mar 20, 2020
    Nice addon for Doom 64 release. Pretty nice game as a bonus for GREAT game.
  38. Mar 20, 2020
    The combat is great as always, and that opening cutscene took my breath away. Be prepared to rip and tear.
  39. Mar 22, 2020
    So let me get this straight. The people who are complaning about this game, their main complaint is that you have to somewhat engage your brain during the combat? "ME NOT PLAY GAME FOR MECHANICS, ME PLAY TO SHOOT SHOOT!"

God forbid a game actually throws in some challenge and makes you actually have to play it instea of "Me push booton and me win!" and you talk about being bad ass. Also, lol at the people who remember other DOOM games as being able to just face tank everything and it not matter.
  40. Mar 21, 2020
    The game starts off really poorly, which is weird because soon after the bad start it becomes just as good as Doom 2016 and even surpasses that game in certain areas. Fun gunplay, absolutely incredible soundtrack by Mick Gordon and some gorgeous visuals. One of the better shooters of recent years. Don't let it's underwhelming first 30 minutes deceive you...
  41. Mar 20, 2020
    Un clásico de antaño que cada vez mejora en jugabilidad y en diversión!!! Gran pero gran juego!!!
  42. Mar 20, 2020
    Gameplay - 9/10. Interesting combination of shooter and platformer.
    Music - 9/10. How could it be otherwise, lol?
    Graphics - 8/10. I expected a bit more (I’m talking only about PS4) Level design - 9/10. Masterpiece. Game design - 8/10. After trailer watching I was disappointed, rainbow HUD, rainbow ammo, health and armor, wtf? Now I can say - that Is totally not a problem. And you
    Gameplay - 9/10. Interesting combination of shooter and platformer.
    Music - 9/10. How could it be otherwise, lol?
    Graphics - 8/10. I expected a bit more (I’m talking only about PS4)
    Level design - 9/10. Masterpiece.
    Game design - 8/10. After trailer watching I was disappointed, rainbow HUD, rainbow ammo, health and armor, wtf? Now I can say - that Is totally not a problem. And you can change HUD color in preferences if you like. I really enjoyed of enemies design. Does anyone remember Zombieman from Doom 1993 and his green hair? In Doom Eternal he has green hair too, Cacodemon has blue blood and other refs to original Doom.
    Story - 8/10. In Doom Eternal we have interesting story and huge lore, finally!
    NO MICRO-TRANSACTIONS (at least not yet) - 10/10

Average: 11/10.
  43. Mar 20, 2020
    Perfectly balanced intense difficulty. Nightmare makes you think about each encounter and makes you realize that you MUST use your whole arsenal and you absolutely can not stop moving. The additions to this game make the experience over the top. I’ve never been so immersed and obsessed with an FPS since the last Doom. It’s exactly what you’d expect from the last game, with much much more.Perfectly balanced intense difficulty. Nightmare makes you think about each encounter and makes you realize that you MUST use your whole arsenal and you absolutely can not stop moving. The additions to this game make the experience over the top. I’ve never been so immersed and obsessed with an FPS since the last Doom. It’s exactly what you’d expect from the last game, with much much more. The fluidity of the combat and the precision required make you actually think about each enemy encounter. This is the new best action FPS. The new platforming mechanics really make you want to explore each level to the fullest. Perfect game with perfect fluidity and style with some witty/classic sounds and cheesy sound effects really make you smile and help you catch a quick breath during this otherwise brutal experience. Absolutely immaculate. It delivers on a level that has yet to be matched by any modern action FPS. Expand
  44. Mar 20, 2020
    This game for me is a 9.5 but I'll just round it up to a 10. It's extremely old school - everything from not having a sprint button, no reload, this game even has cheat codes... how often do modern AAA games have that?? The combat is extremely satisfying, especially on the higher difficulties. It's quite difficult to learn everything, there are a lot of things you need to master likeThis game for me is a 9.5 but I'll just round it up to a 10. It's extremely old school - everything from not having a sprint button, no reload, this game even has cheat codes... how often do modern AAA games have that?? The combat is extremely satisfying, especially on the higher difficulties. It's quite difficult to learn everything, there are a lot of things you need to master like remembering to chainsaw when running low on ammo and glory killing when you're low on health, but once you master all the mechanics, it's truly a blast to play. I also really liked the platforming between fights, it offers a nice breather. Music is fantastic too. I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer but this game is worth buying for the fantastic single player. Expand
  45. Mar 20, 2020
    DOOM Eternal is an amazing game, the gameplay is some of the best I’ve seen in gaming just because of how smooth it runs and how addicting, fun and gruesome it is. The music explains itself, everyone knows Mick Gordon is the boss when it comes to gaming soundtracks, especially for something as fast-paced and frenetic as DOOM Eternal. The graphics stunned me when I saw them, they lookedDOOM Eternal is an amazing game, the gameplay is some of the best I’ve seen in gaming just because of how smooth it runs and how addicting, fun and gruesome it is. The music explains itself, everyone knows Mick Gordon is the boss when it comes to gaming soundtracks, especially for something as fast-paced and frenetic as DOOM Eternal. The graphics stunned me when I saw them, they looked amazing, nothing was ever to low rez and looked blurry, it all looked very realistic and was amazing. The frame rate never stuttered for me, it ran smooth as butter, even during fights with many, many demons. The level design is also amazing, it all runs smoothly when progressing through the level and each location never really felt the same, there was always new things to see, and new collectibles to find. Speaking of collectibles, there are a LOT of collectibles to find, from figurines to lore books and all the sort, and they are also a lot of fun to discover and search for. Also, the game has a lot of replay ability, I find with doom games that I like to start a new run after I beat it, except on a harder difficulty, so I can challenge myself, and try and get better and better at the combat. Overall, Doom Eternal is AMAZING, it is and probably will be, one of the best games of the year. Expand
  46. Mar 20, 2020
    One of the best FPS ever made, amazing music, great action, great gameplay.
  47. Mar 21, 2020
    This is the pinnacle of quality and difficulty in a single player shooter. The platforming and enemy difficulty will definitely turn away players who are less familiar with such a challenge and to me that’s okay. The difficulty won’t be for everyone and the fact it isn’t dumbed down makes learning it infinitely more rewarding. The amount of throwbacks and collectibles you can be apart ofThis is the pinnacle of quality and difficulty in a single player shooter. The platforming and enemy difficulty will definitely turn away players who are less familiar with such a challenge and to me that’s okay. The difficulty won’t be for everyone and the fact it isn’t dumbed down makes learning it infinitely more rewarding. The amount of throwbacks and collectibles you can be apart of is outstanding and really tests the current state of AAA games that cut content. I’m a big fan of the genre in general but this is a very rare occasion where the game feels more than complete. Expand
  48. Mar 21, 2020
    I am not a hard core FPS gamer. I play maybe one or two a year all the way through to the end. I only explain this because I think there are a lot of people in my age range now 40-50 that are still solid gamers but not people that have time to play every game that comes out. If you fall into this group and enjoy an occasional FPS then I highly recommend this game. It has that classicI am not a hard core FPS gamer. I play maybe one or two a year all the way through to the end. I only explain this because I think there are a lot of people in my age range now 40-50 that are still solid gamers but not people that have time to play every game that comes out. If you fall into this group and enjoy an occasional FPS then I highly recommend this game. It has that classic arcade shooter feel that Doom 64 gave me back in the day. It’s smooth, has a super fun campaign and it looks beautiful. I never felt bored or repetitive. I played it through easy first then normal and I’m going to play through it again on the higher difficulties. I never do that anymore. Seriously worth the investment just to play the campaign through. A+ Bethesda, great job recapturing that arcade shooter fast past head exploding feel of the 90s. Expand
  49. Mar 20, 2020
    Juegazo en todo momento quieres estar pegado a la pantalla es súper rápido la combinación de armas y enemigos con puntos débiles es muy buena y los añadidos hacen que sea un juego mucho más rápido que el de 2016
  50. Mar 21, 2020
    Rip and tear until it is done. A true masterpiece this game is. The only thing I don't like is the ammo problem. There just isn't enough. But other than that its a true masterpiece and you should play it
  51. Mar 21, 2020
    The best game ever made in my opinion. Diverse, creative, thoughtful, and most of all, BRUTAL. RIP AND TEAR!
  52. Mar 22, 2020
    SHOOTER OF THE DECADE: Sublime, gore, fantastic, frenetic.

Must play!! Some users are giving low ratings because they just can' handle all the madness this great game delivers. To enjoy it and get the most of it you need to have some skills.
  53. Mar 29, 2020
    Boring, repetitive. Brain-dead game for brain-dead people. Another example of all hype and no substance. Casual game for Casual gamers.
  54. Mar 23, 2020
    Fantastic evolution of the 2016 Doom. Everything Doom did right is just amplified here. Beware though that this game is actually challenging. If you just want a power trip without difficulty then maybe this won't be for you. If you like a challenge while feeling like a death-machine on speed in the most **** up UFC fight ever - you'll love this.
  55. Mar 22, 2020
    Doom Eternal is a phenomenal game. It is separated into two parts, the Campaign Mode and the Battlemode... or as I like to put it id mode and Bethesda mode, which shows who likely were in charge of the game design.

You can also call it "Awesome mode" and **** mode" similarly. The campaign is a linear adventure with huge maps and knock down drag out combat interspersed with some

You can also call it "Awesome mode" and **** mode" similarly.

The campaign is a linear adventure with huge maps and knock down drag out combat interspersed with some exploration and secret farming. Combat is fantastic, and to the credit of id, they allow skins to be used in campaign mode, allowing my demonic slayer..or zombie slayer...or classic slayer go through the main plot looking like a badass.

The story is intriguing for any doom fan, and a huge amount of fun. The combat is more systematic with some new 'rules' of fighting that are about one step further complex from doom 2016, namely that loot from glory kills is separated into glory kills (health), chainsaw (ammo), flame throwner (armor)... aside from that it's a normal blood bath. If you can't grasp this change in system, I suggest seeking professional help.

Enemies are interesting and classic with a few new entries, though I hate the Marauder with a passion... The glory kills are great and graphic and the weapons are all fun within context. some are useless depending on the enemy you are fighting but usually they have a modification that can make them work in a pinch.

The levels are all wonderful works of gruesome art, that only ascend in horror and beauty to the very end. They lack the "samey" feel of doom 2016, which is a great bonus.

The final boss is a lot of fun to fight.

On to the ****ty Bethesda mode. Multiplayer is terrible. Obviously someone stupid came up with the idea of "two+ verses one" because no one wants to play as the slayer (you are massively outnumbered and outgunned). Generally its' "everyone try to be the demon and not lose"

It's about as satisfying as eating sandpaper. It's why this game doesn't get a 10/10.
  56. Mar 21, 2020
    It's good. It's really, really good. Can't stand the platforming but the game is like Doom 1993 had sex with Doom 2016 and this is the result. Bethesda actually done some good except for that god awful online system requiring an account on Ps4 and is just utterly shoddy and the story is utterly pointless and disjointed. The level design is in a range of absolutely fantastic to what theIt's good. It's really, really good. Can't stand the platforming but the game is like Doom 1993 had sex with Doom 2016 and this is the result. Bethesda actually done some good except for that god awful online system requiring an account on Ps4 and is just utterly shoddy and the story is utterly pointless and disjointed. The level design is in a range of absolutely fantastic to what the **** is this. Music is fantastic. Graphics are decent and it runs so, so well. Ai is some of the best ever in a video game. Expand
  57. Mar 22, 2020
    This is the BEST DOOM game EVER MADE! Phenomenally addictive and challenging gameplay. People who dislike this game are casuals/fake gamers/noobs who got rekt and are now trying to review bomb this game like the losers they are, LOL. "b-but muh classic doom!!!" LMFAO, classic doom was good for its time, but now? not so much. You don't even have to aim in that game, it is a joke compared toThis is the BEST DOOM game EVER MADE! Phenomenally addictive and challenging gameplay. People who dislike this game are casuals/fake gamers/noobs who got rekt and are now trying to review bomb this game like the losers they are, LOL. "b-but muh classic doom!!!" LMFAO, classic doom was good for its time, but now? not so much. You don't even have to aim in that game, it is a joke compared to DOOM ETERNAL. Also, DOOM ETERNAL is much better than DOOM 2016. Well done id Software. Expand
  58. Mar 21, 2020
    Need to explain? This game met my expectations and is also a great sequel to DooM 2016.
  59. Mar 23, 2020
    Excellent game. The DOOM as it own!
    Fast, brutal and fan.
    Probably, a bit less Mario Jumping, sometimes it's annoying.
  60. Mar 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game, good graphics, normal difficulty, GOD BLESS THIS OPTIMIZATION.
    mb spoiler so...
    SPOILER ALERT
    I'm on moment where you need to return Crucible Sword, and holy frick this episode is hard af, i'm tired of this **** there are too much enemies that are bosses or just almost impossible to kill if you don't have bfg ammo, which i lost few minutes before Titan moment.
    Like marauder(or how it spells) , he is fuccin impossible in that location,, i can't, i just can't, i tried for half-hour, when i first met him i killed him faster!
    So, if you want to play on "Hurt me plenty" lvl prepare for pain if you're not so pro gamer, mb i'm noob, cuz i always forget to use abilities like fire, or grenades, there are too much things to remember, i'm not talking 'bout enemies weak points, you need to know weak of every enemy, or u are dead.
    Sorry for any mistakes writing while being too emotional after gameplay.
  61. Mar 22, 2020
    The standards of the FPS gaming industry has been raised to a titanous level.

I just spent 30 minutes trying to explain why this game is a masterpiece but my words would be an injustice so let me put it like this: This game has something gamers have been starved of over the past generation; love. The developers of this game care about their craft, the quality they deliver and most
    The standards of the FPS gaming industry has been raised to a titanous level.

This game has something gamers have been starved of over the past generation; love. The developers of this game care about their craft, the quality they deliver and most importantly YOU as a gamer. Every moment you spend in this game, you can feel a hand on your shoulder saying “Its ok, trust me” and you should because it never lets you down.

Every detail will put you in awe, every moment will make you smile, every jingle gives you a tingle to keep wanting more!!!

Fans of the series will know their dreams have been heard and newcomers are welcomed like royalty.

Now stop reading this **** because a copy of this experience is out their waiting for you. Grab your steel barrelled sword and ready your chainsaw to RIP AND **** TEAR!
  62. Mar 23, 2020
    You can see that developers have put their heart and soul in every single small detail of this game. I enjoyed it a lot! The music, the sound effects, the style. Total overdose of coolness and satisfaction. id Software knows how to make a Doom fan satisfied. It's worth to mention the "cheat codes" mechanics, it's brilliant! You don't need to spend hours grinding just to get this oneYou can see that developers have put their heart and soul in every single small detail of this game. I enjoyed it a lot! The music, the sound effects, the style. Total overdose of coolness and satisfaction. id Software knows how to make a Doom fan satisfied. It's worth to mention the "cheat codes" mechanics, it's brilliant! You don't need to spend hours grinding just to get this one achievement. And there are a lot of such small details that together form a brilliant gameplay that keeps player motivated, hides distractions and provides the best experience possible.
    Great job, thanks for this game!
  63. Mar 23, 2020
    Doom Eternal - the game about how demons are stuck in a room with Doomguy and trying to survive there.
  64. Mar 23, 2020
    The epitome of the FPS genre. I preordered the collectors edition of this game the first day it was available! I was a huge fan of DOOM 2016 and I played it so much I am still within the top 100 on arcade mode in the world for almost all the missions! (I know shameless lol) I am also a huge metal fan and this game just speaks to me. DOOM 2016 was already a buttery smooth masterpiece ofThe epitome of the FPS genre. I preordered the collectors edition of this game the first day it was available! I was a huge fan of DOOM 2016 and I played it so much I am still within the top 100 on arcade mode in the world for almost all the missions! (I know shameless lol) I am also a huge metal fan and this game just speaks to me. DOOM 2016 was already a buttery smooth masterpiece of death and carnage...but DOOM ETERNAL. I mean I can't tell you how many times I exclaimed "Holy Sh%t!!" to myself as I found myself in awe at what I was experiencing. It is hands down the most intense, satisfying and CHALLENGING FPS experience. You are going 100 mph the whole time and the later fights of multiple waves of different enemy combinations will have you sweating as you rip and tear through the huge number of demons thrown at you. One complaint I had about 2016 was that the arenas were over too quickly but holy hell did they fix that! I made a promise to myself I would take my time on Nightmare for my first play-through to challenge myself and force myself to adapt and it absolutely did. The game play is more focused on the resource management and even though some players found it tedious, I honestly started the habit of flame belching and chainsawing every fodder, every time it was charged, so I was always stocked up for all weapons I barely felt the ammo shortage later in the game. They want you to pay attention and get the flow of combat. Unfortunately a lot of people walked through doom 2016 with a ton of ammo and just the super shotgun, while the best way to play it was to deal massive damage by switching weapons rapidly and using all your tools and Eternal really drives this point home.

OH and the marauder! Everyone is complaining about how difficult he is to face? YEAH, THAT'S THE POINT. He's the test of your skills! It feels like a brutal show down every time one of those guys spawns in, some fights with Marauders can last several minutes! I am really not trying to brag but the first encounter I beat him on the first try on Nightmare! I just stayed calm and dashed around him like mad just waiting for his green flash and subsequent axe attack! Plus use the fodder that spawn in! Run from him and go burn and chainsaw a few dudes, then face him with a full armory and health! I really love and hate the enemy, for how difficult he is because I definitely died a ton on the later encounters with him, but man people need to calm down and appreciate why he's there. Put the time in and GIT GUD. They want you you try and try again, learn the enemies, the marauder is no different! So please ID don't nerf him! I love it how it is!

Lastly I should mention some smaller things that are just great , the art style and environments are a huge step up from 2016, the places you fight in and platform through are just dripping with atmosphere, each mission has a distinct feel and vibe and makes each part of the game very memorable! Plus the abundance of secrets and various point pick ups for your suit are scattered everywhere in cool places that take some thinking and awareness. Plus they show you just enough to figure it out for yourself too, so it's not so bad.

Finally the freaking god tier music!!! Mick Gordon needs his own shrine or something after this, his soundtrack complements the various environments perfectly so much so that you associate the music with the location! The tracks that blast while you are in combat get you pumped and drive the pace of combat, you will feel like a complete bad ass. I love the little detail how when you die the music will lose it's bass and then slowly return to full volume and chunkiness as you load back into the fight! It's just gaming bliss when you are blasting through demons dashing around the room swinging from poles, glory killing and chainsawing, all the while this heavy metal song is pounding along while you do your thing. Ugh, I cannot stress how good this is. It's a freaking spiritual experience!

All in all, you are seriously missing out if you don't play this game. This is a next gen milestone, and will be remembered for decades to come. RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE!
  65. Mar 25, 2020
    Do you want to become an expert in running out of ammo? Do you want to become the ‘god’ of looking for weak demons to perform lame glory kills on for ammo, whilst running away from demons who are supposed to be terrified of you. Do you want to go through the same challenges to get the same weapon upgrades for the same weapons as Doom 2016? Do you want to have sudden, and unexplained plotDo you want to become an expert in running out of ammo? Do you want to become the ‘god’ of looking for weak demons to perform lame glory kills on for ammo, whilst running away from demons who are supposed to be terrified of you. Do you want to go through the same challenges to get the same weapon upgrades for the same weapons as Doom 2016? Do you want to have sudden, and unexplained plot developments that just ‘happen’ because they need it to to have an excuse to move the story on?

Do you want to lose everything that made Doom 2016 amazing and keep everything bad about it, with some awful high speed additions? WELCOME to Doom Eternal, where you can do all of these. Eternal is one of the biggest letdowns I’ve ever had, and I played Fallout 76....

Glory kills are lame as can be and have no real ‘glory’ about them they’re literally just easy ways of getting ammo which is like gold dust, you’re CONSTANTLY running out. And I mean constantly. The super shotgun when fully loaded with fully upgraded ammo capacity holds 22 shells, the super shotgun fires two at once so actually you only have 11 shots. 11 shots on the most iconic gun in the game.....
    I cannot explain with just words and no video how lazy the designers have been with creating new glory kills and new equipment. The ‘flame belch’ which is about 1.5 seconds of fire with a 5 foot range is one of the most over-sold lame weapons I have ever seen. The grenades are now in the form of pointless frost Grenade, and moderately useful frag. Both of which aren’t thrown anymore just fired from a shoulder mounted cannon, all to make sure your hands are free to not-fire your guns because they’re all out of ammo.

All of the weapon upgrades are identical to Doom 2016, and have had no upgrades, updates or additional abilities. The challenges to get them are exactly the same. The ‘boss’ fights are again insanely dull, the ‘Gladiator’ boss? Seriously? You have the entire scope of demonic hellish creatures and you make a dull and lazy version of a character that’s been done in numerous other franchises? The ‘puzzles’ of movement and getting around aren’t as irritating as some are saying, but they’re not puzzles that require thinking and skill and trial and error, they’re puzzles that literally just take you trying and trying and trying to time the double jump or the boost. It truly is ironic that a game about hellish creatures, should itself be an absolutely hellish experience. I kept on playing and playing HOPING that maybe it will progress, maybe I’ll get new abilities and new guns, and maybe next level it’ll change, maybe next level and then it was the last level and it was over. What a letdown. Why they needed extra time to release this I am sure I do not know. It doesn’t take 6 months to press copy and paste. Doom Eternal is everything bad about Doom 2016 and nothing good. It’s guilty of an even bigger crime however. Doom Eternal, is just plain lazy.
  66. Mar 29, 2020
    Simply the worst game too linear as crapp old gaming style gets bored after 3 hours into the game dont buy itttt
  67. Mar 26, 2020
    Очень хорошая игра ,которая обошла преведущую часть 2016 года, она стала более динамичной и в целом интерестнее. Хочу сказать спасибо компании ID Tech за работу и хорошую игру ,которая не хуже старых игр
  68. Mar 26, 2020
    I don't even own the game and I think this game is pretty **** balling. Like god damn looks pretty cool to like swing like a monkey since **** monkeys are the **** bro like damn.
  69. Mar 29, 2020
    Dark souls meets halo blablabla.

Dark souls meets halo blablabla.

Playing on normal mode you will die so many times because they use cheap tactics to make you stop run n gunning even tho doom is a run n gun game. Game just didn’t hAve that wow factor 2016 had. It’s like they just took 2016’s game and beefed it up , it doesn’t feel like a part two. Then they add all the events to try to keep players playing after the story, give it 2 weeks this game will (already ) be old news . Next!
  70. Mar 26, 2020
    Doom Eternal is absolutely amazing and is a must buy for anyone who loves shooters. This game takes everything in the first game that I loved and added on even more.
  71. Mar 24, 2020
    El mejor juego de Doom hasta la fecha no le falta nada a esos que me colocan menos de un 9 no saben de videojuegos
  72. Mar 23, 2020
    Лучший шутер! id смогли сохранить дух игры и сочетание экшена и поиск секретов сделано грамотно
  73. Mar 25, 2020
    Este no es juego para mancos, mejor sigan en el fornite niños ratas, obvio que después de jugar solo fifas, cod, maincra y el ya nombrado fornite todos los juegos son difíciles. Dan asco, este juego es para alguien con una mínima habilidad, y que no busca jugar todo en nivel super fácil ya que es para débiles mentales.
  74. Mar 27, 2020
    It is unfortunate that most people can either score a 10 or a 0, rather than approach their experience objectively. Remember: If you don't like something it doesn't mean it's bad. The key to personal growth is acknowledging that your own opinion doesn't reflect reality, but rather your ideals and expectations, changing which is what growth is.

Doom Eternal gameplay is phenomenal and

Doom Eternal gameplay is phenomenal and there is nothing i can play right now that satisfies the same urges this game manages to scratch at the same level of quality . It is very unfortunate that some people dislike platforming and puzzles, but they are impeccably designed. Gameplay flow is streets ahead of DOOM'16 (which was the best shooter until now). This game takes you by the neck and throws you into the thick of it. For those who've missed DOOM'16 things might prove difficult to adjust to, but judging by what i've seen people mention even experienced players have trouble adjusting to the new game. It's a shame because they fixed problems i never thought existed in the original. Doom Eternal has the best pacing despite having extremely long levels that usually take me up to 2 hours to complete. Yet the exploration pillar is so tight i never missed a single collectible (except for the empyrean keys, that i usually rerun levels for). And yes i've been replaying levels many times because they are that good and practicing this game feels very rewarding. Things i can do now, that i never dreamed of doing before..and on the controller!

I can go on at length about everything they did right, but you've probably gathered that i love the game already. The only thing i have problems with are the arena ending cutscenes. I dislike cutscenes in general, expecially in FPS games that break out of First Person. Most of them in Doom Eternal are very short and to the point, some are even hilarious, and the longest are still in First Person so it's fine. But in some arenas there are cutscenes that show you that the door opens. This feels like a design mistake to me as i often experienced it in the middle of jumping or doing something meaningful and it's a bad feeling of losing control over your character.

Other than that it is the best FPS ever, probably the best game of the year and most importantly the most badass game of the decades. Please ignore the haters who think that this game deserves a 0 or a 1 - they are blinded by misguided hatred that they themselves irrationally fueled. Review bombers should burn in hell, because Doom Slayer is coming for them to Rip & Tear!
  75. Mar 27, 2020
    Absolutely amazing. Smart and intricate combat system. Builds on everything good about Doom(2016) and takes it to a whole new level. Possibly the best fps to date. Shame people are complaining about the changes it brings when all changes are actually great.
  76. Mar 23, 2020
    Rock solid Graphics, fantastic Gameplay and animations, a lot of replaying potential
  77. Mar 23, 2020
    Probably the best FPS game i have played in a looong time. I had high hopes, but it exceded them all. Was a little unsure about some things at first, but then got full into it. About to finish my second playthrough and still a blast! The one bad thing about it, is i cant go back to DOOM 2016 now, i tried and it feels slow and meh compared to eternal. Highly recomanded
  78. Mar 24, 2020
    Esse game é uma delicia,pena que tem alguns bugs mas fora isso é um game 10/10.
  79. Mar 25, 2020
    Where to start. This game really makes you FEEL like DOOM. From double jump to double dash all while raining holy death upon what ever demon is unlucky enough to cross your path and then land on their face and rip it off, this game's combat system is intense. The game constantly demands that you make use of most of its arsenal to survive, and all of it to be proficient. Out of ammo? BetterWhere to start. This game really makes you FEEL like DOOM. From double jump to double dash all while raining holy death upon what ever demon is unlucky enough to cross your path and then land on their face and rip it off, this game's combat system is intense. The game constantly demands that you make use of most of its arsenal to survive, and all of it to be proficient. Out of ammo? Better chainsaw a something. Low on armor? Time to bust out the super shotgun, meat hook to something and blast its face, dash away before they retaliate, run off to glory kill something and dash across the map to create some distance to take out that mancubus. All the while the music is pounding the beat of the action into you. Our one true lord and savior, Mick Gordon, has done it again. Platforming and exploration sections give a much needed breather between arenas that will have you sweating and jaw clenching. Cut scenes provide a sense of just how badass the Doom Slayer is, oh and a little bit of story. DOOM Eternal takes the combat system from DOOM 2016 and injects pure adrenaline into it. This game punishes mistakes, and rewards smart choices. I have never had this much fun playing a shooter. This is the best single-player shooter I've ever played. As far as multiplayer goes, i haven't had a chance to delve into it myself, but it seems interesting, but lets not lie to ourselves - we're here for one thing, committing genocide on the mortally challenged while head banging to some sick tunes. Expand
  80. Mar 27, 2020
    *I love this game, these are two nitpicks*
    The only complaint I have for this game is that guns are pickups, unlike Doom 2016 and that there's some 3 second cutscenes here and there that kind of interrupt the flow but it really doesn't matter.

I see a lot of people here that haven't played the whole game, yet still leave a review which if I find really **** retartded.
  81. Mar 27, 2020
    Doom Eternal is incredible. Each demon is brilliantly designed and animated with unique weaknesses and attacks. Level design is superb, with backdrops more cinematic than many films. Each weapon has its strenghts and weaknesses which all need to be understood and mastered. Its previous game, Doom 2016, was amazing but you could enter a fight with the super shotgun and never need to changeDoom Eternal is incredible. Each demon is brilliantly designed and animated with unique weaknesses and attacks. Level design is superb, with backdrops more cinematic than many films. Each weapon has its strenghts and weaknesses which all need to be understood and mastered. Its previous game, Doom 2016, was amazing but you could enter a fight with the super shotgun and never need to change weapon however in this game you need to utilise all guns to survive. Every battle is unique and memorable. Some enemies are annoying to fight like the whiplash and the maruder but over time you learn to get past them. There is fair amount of platforming areas which stops the game from being a perfect 10/10 but the overall game is amazing. Doom eternal is been a difficult game to learn but rewarding to master. Even the story is incredible, something which the other doom game lacks. A Masterpiece of a first person shooter, the best I have ever played Expand
  82. Mar 27, 2020
    The best arcade shooter since probably doom 2 or earlier quake games. A must play for fps fans.

Runs at 60 fps on ps4 so that is always worth high praise. Only downside is can be a bit tough on to play on the controller , as it feels like it has been designed with a keyboard and mouse in mind. With a keyboard and mouse you can hot switch bw all the weapons for maximum dps , but with

With a keyboard and mouse you can hot switch bw all the weapons for maximum dps , but with a pad you have to sacrifice some of that. Need more buttons for nex gen
  83. Mar 27, 2020
    Probably one of the best fps games I've ever played. The game is just non-stop action, and the movement in this game complements it greatly.
  84. Mar 21, 2020
    Meh...It hasn't impressed me much. If you are expecting as good or better than Doom 2016, this is not going to deliver. Very disappointed. Graphics are cartoonish, too much damn jumping. Ammo management was irritating, although not impossible. This was a waste of my Saturday and 60 bucks.
  85. Mar 20, 2020
    Отличное продолжение! Шикарный звук , великолепная музыка , классный геймплей и интересный сюжет. Вот таким должен быть Doom!!!
  86. Mar 20, 2020
    The game is **** awesome, I honestly was very scared because I thought this game wasn’t gonna pass the success of DOOM (2016) but surprisingly it did. With a bunch of new controls and glued to the screen action this game is a break from the corona virus and other world problems. It’s been the second day since I played this game and I’m grateful that the pre-order bonus give you DOOM 64,The game is **** awesome, I honestly was very scared because I thought this game wasn’t gonna pass the success of DOOM (2016) but surprisingly it did. With a bunch of new controls and glued to the screen action this game is a break from the corona virus and other world problems. It’s been the second day since I played this game and I’m grateful that the pre-order bonus give you DOOM 64, this shows that the developers actually give a **** about their fans.

87. Mar 23, 2020
    Without a doubt one of the worst games of 2020 so far. Don't spend more than $20 on it. Seriously, it's really bad.
  88. Mar 20, 2020
    Excelentes gráficas y gameplay, la banda sonora me parece una de las mejores. Le pongo un 10 para compensar la nota de los pendejos que ponen cero. A mi parecer es un 8.5 ya que falta algunos detalles por mejorar.
  89. Mar 20, 2020
    Glorious shooter, frantic and action packed just like old school. Better than the previous entry,
  90. Mar 26, 2020
    After the masterpiece that was Doom 2016, I've been positively rabid to get my hands on this game. My disappointment knows few bounds. When I play Doom, I want to, you know, kill tons of demons. Imagine my surprise when I'm spending my time in jumping puzzle after jumping puzzle with controls and traction ill-suited for the task. So I find myself slowly slogging through the game forAfter the masterpiece that was Doom 2016, I've been positively rabid to get my hands on this game. My disappointment knows few bounds. When I play Doom, I want to, you know, kill tons of demons. Imagine my surprise when I'm spending my time in jumping puzzle after jumping puzzle with controls and traction ill-suited for the task. So I find myself slowly slogging through the game for the story. That is, I would be had I not been utterly defeated by one of the jumping puzzles. A game with the name "Doom" shouldn't have the story as it's main feature, nor should a frustrating jumping puzzle be the end of the game for a (former) fan of the series. Sorry, Id, I'm just not impressed. Expand
  91. Mar 20, 2020
    PLEASE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ID SOFTWARE, ADD MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT ON PS4 PORT!!! this game is so hard on controller just due to the sensitivity being so janky. this game just upsets me, aiming is so hard on controller and aiming is one of the biggest parts of a doom game. i would've bought it on PC if mine could run it. PLEASE ADD NATIVE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT!!!!
  92. Mar 21, 2020
    Mejor fps super fluido, frenético, divertido desde el 2016 doom es el mejor
  93. Mar 20, 2020
    Потрясающий шутер! С выхода игры провёл в ней около 9-ти часов и нет ни одной серьёщной претензии, максимум - небольшие придирки. Суммарно - это лучший шутер на данный момент практически по всем пунктам: начиная просто фантастического ганплея и заканчивая сочной картинкой . Всем рекомендую!Потрясающий шутер! С выхода игры провёл в ней около 9-ти часов и нет ни одной серьёщной претензии, максимум - небольшие придирки. Суммарно - это лучший шутер на данный момент практически по всем пунктам: начиная просто фантастического ганплея и заканчивая сочной картинкой . Всем рекомендую!
  94. Mar 20, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Шикарная игра! Браво id software.
    Просто огромный шаг в развитии.
  95. Mar 22, 2020
    Dear top Zenimax executives! Please fire those "genius" people who decided to strip Doom player of ammo, and force him to run after mobs with chainsaw to get some. This completely destroys the gameplay, this is anything but NOT a legendary shooter game any more. This is not a Doom which I enjoyed since 1994. I played Doom 2016 with pleasure but I can't play this Mario Doom any more, andDear top Zenimax executives! Please fire those "genius" people who decided to strip Doom player of ammo, and force him to run after mobs with chainsaw to get some. This completely destroys the gameplay, this is anything but NOT a legendary shooter game any more. This is not a Doom which I enjoyed since 1994. I played Doom 2016 with pleasure but I can't play this Mario Doom any more, and I'm going for moneyback. Expand
  96. Mar 23, 2020
    I started out having an absolute blast playing the campaign but as you get towards the end it becomes less and less fun and more of a trial. You’ll notice that as you progress and get more powerful weapons and upgrades, you somehow become easier to kill. The combat is so focused on forcing you to desperately need ammo, health and armor that the focus on Demon slaying takes a back seat andI started out having an absolute blast playing the campaign but as you get towards the end it becomes less and less fun and more of a trial. You’ll notice that as you progress and get more powerful weapons and upgrades, you somehow become easier to kill. The combat is so focused on forcing you to desperately need ammo, health and armor that the focus on Demon slaying takes a back seat and you just run around the map, plinking away at the bigger demons while searching for small ones to glory kill for health, chainsaw for ammo or burn for more armor. It gets to the point of just being stupid. I’m at the Taras Nabad level and it’s become so irritating that I’ve lost any desire to keep playing. This garbage mechanic carries over to multiplayer as well making it a cakewalk to win as a demon. I played 4 games. One as the slayer and the rest as demons. 4 games is a total of 12 rounds. In 12 rounds I only saw the slayer kill 1 demon and that slayer was me. Unfortunately you have to kill both to win a round.
    I’m done writing about this massive disappointment. I REALLY regret buying this.
  97. Mar 22, 2020
    Шикарное продолжение идей дума 2016г. Приятное музыкальное оформление, заметная система повреждения противников, прокачка персонажа. Рвите противников и получайте кайф! Обалденная графика на ps4 pro.
  98. Mar 22, 2020
    Arguably the best FPS of the decade. Doom Eternal is unashamedly about fast, furious and fun gameplay as a video game, with a lot of new depth to some old school themes. The pumping electro-metal riffs, richly detaiied apocalyptic decors and scenery, give it a rich and unique personality. It deserves a 10 not because it is perfect, but because it is undoubtedly the best FPS today.
  99. Mar 21, 2020
    Best game ever play. it is great sequel of doom 2016. If you are a fan of Doom, you will definitely love this game. Rip and Tear.
  100. Mar 22, 2020
    This game is awesome!

The performance on ps4 is ridiculous. This is the most buttery smooth FPS gameplay by a wide margin, it makes cod feel like it’s running at 20fps. There are tons of enemies being thrown at you at all times which makes it even more impressive! This is single player FPS mechanics at its finest. The platforming sections are SHORT - rarely more than 3 platforms long -
    This game is awesome!

The platforming sections are SHORT - rarely more than 3 platforms long - hardly anything to complain about. The tutorials are all in the first 90 min of the game - they throw a lot at you and get them out of the way early. The cinematic are rarely more than 1 min long and there’s not that many of them.

Keep playing the game and you’ll quickly find yourself in the same action bliss that doom 2016 provided. The best escape I’ve found yet from the crazy times afoot! Amazing game, I have minor complaints with UI and sounds, but they pale in comparison with how much fun I’m having!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 31, 2020
    Doom Eternal does its legacy proud. Unabashedly difficult, frantic, and single player-centric, it knows what it is…and does it well.
    Doom Eternal is incredibly demanding, laser-focused, and unapologetically brutal, and it's all the better for it.
  3. Mar 28, 2020
    The story in Doom Eternal can be completely ignored and one won't have any less fun with the game, so it's not a huge blemish on the experience by any means. Doom Eternal is a non-stop thrill ride, barraging players with incredible fast-paced action from the opening mission to its blood-soaked finale. Fans of the franchise should be thrilled with it, and anyone looking for a meaty FPS to fill their time can't go wrong with this game.