7.9

1. Mar 31, 2020
    When I played DOOM 2016 I was in a constant rush. Shoot whatever the hell you see! Rip and tear! One of my favorite games of all time. With DOOM Eternal I do not have this feeling at all.

Firstly, the sound just feels off. Weapons do not have a good punch and the music doesn't mix well. The sound feels muffled and unsatisfying as if something is really going wrong there. For some reason the music doesn't elevate the experience either and tracks are boring quickly unlike in DOOM 2016.
    The animations of glory kills can sometimes be funny and creative but 70% of them feel familiar and they are far more fluid in their animation than the one's in DOOM 2016. Just not a very satisfying feeling.
    Next, the game looks and feels very arcade-like, and I just can't take this world seriously. The environments are a visual overload of bizarness and although levels differ from each other in visuality, within a level the visuals feel very same-y and corridor like. I feel very restricted in where I can go and am constantly running into walls wondering:"where do i need to go?" until I find that one path I can go past.
    First I was not interested in finding secrets as well. The platforming just makes traversing in levels an unenjoyable experience and I am not interested i doing more of that. I have done a playthrough where I collected all the secrets and you do this by pausing the game every area and you can see on the map where the secrets are. Badly designed in my opinion.
    I do feel they advanced the complexity of the combat a lot and you really need to juggle constantly between weapons and other gadgets to survive. They teach you all this by pausing the game and jarringly telling you what you need to do in text. Still I needed to replay the game after a few hours as you need to learn so much at the start. If you feel you are failing in juggling these things at the start I advice you to do the same. The complexity doesn't make the game more fun btw, because the shooting itself is still unsatisfying.
    More importantly, juggling the combat on a ps4 controller rough. I'd advice replacing the dash to R3 so you keep your finger on the right stick for aiming. Still throwing and switching grenades and using the flame belch requires you to get your finger off of the analog sticks which makes using these tools harder. Switching to a specific weapon can not be done quickly by design as you need to hold it for a bit for the weapon wheel to show up. Using the quickswitch R1 between shotgun and sentinel works wonders though.
    Now the graphics on ps4 are actually a downgrade from DOOM 2016. I think the complexity of the far backgrounds takes a lot out of the computing power, because the lighting is worse now. I believe people if they say it is an upgrade on pc, but not on ps4. I did not notice any frame rate dips though, so that's great.
    The last aspect are the new cinematics. The opening cutscene is nice, but the rest is just okay. They are nor boring nor very enjoyable, but they do take your time of from the shooting, so I'll skip them next time. Honestly, they shouldn't have bothered on most of them as the story is also explained badly and I have no idea what everybody is talking about 80% of the time. If you read the lore it will likely make total sense, but I bought a game, not a book. I want to be able to get the gist of it without having to read anything, as DOOM 2016 did so well.
    To conclude, I think this game just misses a lot of focus on making a campaign that is concise and enjoyable to go through multiple times without annoying platforming. The feel of the combat is now worse in terms of giving you a brutal feel in terms of animations and sound, which makes it hard for the more advanced mechanics to shine. I am surprised how this game turned out to be.
  2. Mar 20, 2020
    Great game ruined by jumping...DOOM 2016 was better. If i would jump like idiot i would play Mario...
  3. Mar 28, 2020
    If I were to describe this game in one sentence, it would be that it feels like a boiled down arcade mode of the 2016 version.

- I was always skeptical of the glory kills in the original, as I was afraid they would be a forced and repetitive mechanic that would constantly take you out of the action. This turned out not to be the case in 2016, but it absolutely is in eternal. - Enemies

- Enemies now have weaknesses that needs to be exploited as ammo is very sparse. This quickly becomes repetitive as best illustrated with the caca demon (The flying ball with a mouth and an eye), where you have to throw a grenade into its mouth and perform a glory kill. Every time.
    - Graphics are much improved but the overall setting feels much more cartoony with the way pickups stand out in the landscape.
    - There are now monkey bars and wall climbing.
    - Combat is constantly interrupted by cut-scenes. E.g. when you kill a set of enemies you would see a cutscene of a door unlock. I was surprised on how much this actually breaks the flow of the game.
    - It feels far less polished than the prior entry.

By all means it's a decent game, but if you came here expecting a followup to Doom 2016, you will be disappointed. I would recommend picking this up once it goes on sale.
  4. Mar 22, 2020
    Я не хочу разбираться в 500 перках я хочу убивать монстров. Я не хочу 6 выстрелов из двустволки я хочу всю игру пройти с двустволкой. Игра неплохая, но свернули они явно не туда.
  5. Mar 21, 2020
    Combat that prioritizes movement on levels designed in a way that hinders your movement. A terrible combination. This game may just have the worst level design of any DOOM game. Which is funny because DOOM II used to have that title, and DE is meant to be a love letter to that game. There aren't the narrow corridors you love. Instead, wide open multi-layered arenas. The customization,Combat that prioritizes movement on levels designed in a way that hinders your movement. A terrible combination. This game may just have the worst level design of any DOOM game. Which is funny because DOOM II used to have that title, and DE is meant to be a love letter to that game. There aren't the narrow corridors you love. Instead, wide open multi-layered arenas. The customization, enemies, and mechanics? All amazing aspects holding up this game due to the weight of it's terrible mapping. Expand
  6. Mar 23, 2020
    Gaming is entertainment. I just don't feel like playing more than a level at a time and just want it to end than go on. Not interesting. Basically bought the download, wish I bought the CD, b/c I'd return it. I half like it. Some parts are cool, other parts are just stuck for a bit or same ol' same ol' w/o much seeming plot. IDK, I was ushered into gaming with the Original Doom andGaming is entertainment. I just don't feel like playing more than a level at a time and just want it to end than go on. Not interesting. Basically bought the download, wish I bought the CD, b/c I'd return it. I half like it. Some parts are cool, other parts are just stuck for a bit or same ol' same ol' w/o much seeming plot. IDK, I was ushered into gaming with the Original Doom and this, even on the easiest level, is hard to get through compared to the original (ie doesn't play like the original's level). It's more for hard core first person shooters I guess than the once-in-a-while casual player or the "revisit Doom" player. This just doesn't float my boat for $64. I certainly won't be streaming through SONY anymore. Hardcore CD or bust. So I learned something for the money. For 8k, too, it could have had better vista's. A lot of CPU power sucked up into what seems like 3 colors: Red, Black, Yellow. Booooring visuals. Gore is the same cut scenes. zzzzzz. This style of play is not new, feels like a 2005 game to me. Expand
  7. Mar 29, 2020
    Dark souls meets halo blablabla.

Dark souls meets halo blablabla.

Playing on normal mode you will die so many times because they use cheap tactics to make you stop run n gunning even tho doom is a run n gun game. Game just didn’t hAve that wow factor 2016 had. It’s like they just took 2016’s game and beefed it up , it doesn’t feel like a part two. Then they add all the events to try to keep players playing after the story, give it 2 weeks this game will (already ) be old news . Next!
  8. Apr 1, 2020
    I'm primarily a campaign runner on Doom so take my rating based 98% on the campaign.
    Pros:
    -More high speed combat that we love. -The combat is even more 3D than it used to be, you will be (double) jumping, dropping, teleporting and dashing everywhere. -Extra abilities and fun new toys. -Better multiplayer. -New lore and details on where Doomguy came from. I personally preferred the
    Pros:
    -More high speed combat that we love.
    -Extra abilities and fun new toys.
    -Better multiplayer.
    -New lore and details on where Doomguy came from. I personally preferred the mystery and didn't need this though.

Cons:
    -You will be jumping, dashing everywhere. The entire game is a laborious jump puzzle. The previous game had touches of it here and there but oh boy, get ready for Prince of Persia, Sands of Hell.
    -The story only makes sense if you read everything you pick up. I had no idea where I was or why half the time until... Ohhh that's why I was here. Very little voice acting prompting you with the story too.
    -The demons have a rock/paper/scissors mechanic to them, one gun kills one of them good now but, oh now you've found another one, need a different gun for him. This might work well on the PC but it ruins the high speed immersion on the PS4 bringing up the weapon wheel every time you turn a corner.
    -Your basic punching does nothing.
    -You will permanently be out of ammo at the beginning of the game.
    -On normal difficulty they Hurt! I destroyed unreal tournament when I was younger so I'm no noob when it comes to high speed games but I'm really glad I didn't put this on hard to begin with.
    -You MUST make/sign into a Bethesda.net account. I have no interest in a Bethesda account, I just came here to shoot things in the face. Why you do this. Was the price I paid for it at the store not enough?

Despite alllll of these cons, the gunplay and level design (in combat) makes up for all of these things and I would recommend it for fans to buy. I remember finishing my first little intense challenge arena and shouting, Yes! That is what I came here for!
    It's still a great fun game but don't come here expecting more of the same as Doom 2016 because you'll be disappointed like I was. Unless you like jumping over lots of lava of course. Me, when I play Doom, it's to shoot things. Call me a simple man but when I play Assassins Creed it's to sneak around and assassinate people, when I play Mario it's to jump around and boop things. When I play Doom it's to run around and shoot demons in the face with a shotgun. That's it.
    I would rate this lower but a 6 is too low... but a 7 is just a tiny bit too high. 6.8 / 6.9
    Fyi, Doom 2016 was my game of the year that year so I love the reboot.
  9. Mar 31, 2020
    Sembra essere un buon FPS con meccaniche divertenti e semplici, come sono sempre stati i vari doom. Come sempre è l'ignoranza la parola chiave dell'esperienza. Gli sviluppatori non si sono neanche impegnati per dare una parvenza di trama al titolo. Inoltre il comparto tecnico non sembra niente di eclatante. Buon gioco per gli appassionati, niente di più.
  10. Mar 24, 2020
    I got about $5 of value from Doom Eternal.
    I loved Doom so I bought DE opening day. 2 hours of disappointment and bored gameplay with $58B worth of hope that things will improve lasted until the end of the first level. This game is the equivalent of a fidget spinner. Repetitive and geared toward
  11. Apr 2, 2020
    Doom in name only. Tooltips and tutorials everywhere, VERY short action sequences (which are decent enough, but not enough of them). The whole game is overcomplicated for zero reason at all, and the platforming sequences feel more like they're there to lengthen the game rather than add anything to it. Overall, it's a boring game. I got it for free, thankfully... Because I wouldn't pay forDoom in name only. Tooltips and tutorials everywhere, VERY short action sequences (which are decent enough, but not enough of them). The whole game is overcomplicated for zero reason at all, and the platforming sequences feel more like they're there to lengthen the game rather than add anything to it. Overall, it's a boring game. I got it for free, thankfully... Because I wouldn't pay for this junk. Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2020
    People wanting "more of Doom 2016" are going to be disappointed.

It's still Doom, but is more campy than the previous game. In a weird way, it's more like classic Doom in this regard. However, so far, for every step forward, it takes a step back, but the steps back are smaller. For starters, it's far more colorful and saturated. The environments are extremely detailed and
    People wanting "more of Doom 2016" are going to be disappointed.

It's still Doom, but is more campy than the previous game.

In a weird way, it's more like classic Doom in this regard.

For starters, it's far more colorful and saturated. The environments are extremely detailed and interesting. There are some very cool visuals.

There are also a lot more invisible walls. In an area that looked like a destroyed shopping center, I couldn't jump behind a counter because of an invisible wall. I also fell a few times looking for secrets by trying to jump to a ledge where it looked like I could land, only to hit an invisible wall and fall.

Falling into pits doesn't kill you instantly anymore. You just spawn back on the ground minus some health.

The soundtrack isn't as good this time so far. It's not bad though. It's industrial metal again, but I'm finding it less interesting. It just doesn't have the same kick to it as the last game and seems more subdued.

It's also a lot more cartoonish than Doom 2016. Enemies look less "real". They seem to have a little of that "rubbery" effect animation has sometimes.

The environments are really nice, but also seem less grounded somehow.

The enemies animate really well, the kills are inventive so far, and it's definitely entertaining.

Ammo, armor, health, and powerups pickups are also a lot more cartoonish. They glow neon colors, more so than in Doom 2016. They are larger and look a bit out of place to be honest. They are easy to see though, which isn't a bad thing.

There are also secrets, but rather than being objects placed in the world like the little Funpop Doom guys from Doom 2016, they are large question marks.

The first keycard I found was just floating in the air in an empty room. The same goes for weapons when you find them. In Doom 2016 you found them on bodies and they were naturally placed in the environment. They seem to care less about that this time.

There's also a 1-up powerup that kicks in when you die. It resurrects you and slows down time for a brief period. It's a large green Doom Guy helmet that says 1-up.

Gameplay is fast, and you're dropped right into things. I have no idea what is going on aside from "Hell on Earth". It does not pick up where Doom 2016 left off, unless there's some backtracking in the story later.

I'm thinking there may be some explanation for it, but I'm not sure if it's going to be in codex entries or be a plot point in the actual game. The story so far is dumb and convoluted. There's more than there needs to be by a lot.

Honestly, the most irritating thing about the game is the story. Half the fun of Doom 2016 was that Doom Guy couldn't give less of a **** about anything but killing demons and wrecking anything related to Hell.

He didn't care who caused it, he was just there to clean up the mess and break enough to ensure it didn't happen again.

It seems like they're trying to turn it into some grand sci-fi space opera with deep lore with interdimensional politics, and that goes against what Doom really is. A story like the one they seem to be trying to tell just gets in the way.

The game seems harder than Doom 2016.

You have a lot less ammo, need to be more accurate, and can't just glory kill unarmed zombies anymore. They aren't just walking health and armor packs anymore. They take a lot more damage and need to be shot first.

You need to be accurate with your shots, at least in the first area. I'm thinking the game will allow you to upgrade your ammo at some point, but you start out with only 16 shotgun shells. They seem to want you to use the chainsaw a lot more, but there are a lot of ammo pickups as well.

I've encountered fairly large groups of enemies in the first area, a lot more than in Doom 2016's early areas, but not as many as in some of the later areas.

You'll encounter some fairly bullet spongey enemies early on as well.

Traversal seems to be a bigger focus this time, with bars that swing you around, and I've encountered a fair number of jump pads. Stuff seems less naturally placed though. It's still a blast to play, but may not be what people are expecting it to be. A lot of people are going to hate this game, but I've enjoyed it so far. I'm unsure if I'll come out of it thinking it is as good as Doom 2016 though. I'll definitely be finishing it at least. It's fun and new Doom. Though, again, it seems to be more of a throwback to classic Doom in some ways, and not always in ways that improve on Doom 2016.
  13. Mar 22, 2020
    Making a great game is like cooking a small fish. Poke at it too much and you'll ruin it.

They poked Doom too much.
  14. Mar 21, 2020
    Great atmosphere, art design, sounds and music, and idiotic platforming gameplay...
    Weapons are useless because of low ammo, and always glory killing is boring to me...
    This game is not DOOM, just a simple "angry 18+ Super Mario, or Prince of Persia" clone... XD
  15. Mar 20, 2020
    This game has an awesome campaign. The gunplay is fun and satisfying. The story and the graphics are fine. The level design and environments are well-designed. The gore in this game is insane. Just like its predecessor, this game is very fast-paced. The platforming sections are good and paces the game well. The soundtrack is good. The physics in this game are trash.

This game features a

This game features a 2v1 multiplayer battle mode where you play as one of the two demons or doom slayer. It is a very fun and well-balanced game mode. However, I am disappointed by the lack of multiplayer modes this game has compared to Doom 2016. There is no Team Deathmatch, Clan Arena, Freeze Tag, Domination anywhere to be found. I'll get bored of 2v1 eventually and I need more game modes to change things up. Hopefully the developers include new game modes in future updates. I recommend you get this game until it's $40.
  16. Mar 26, 2020
    An ok arena-shooter with amazing graphics, lots of upgrades and fast paced shooting.

I thought the previous doom game was pretty good, but at this point Im pretty done with it. Doom eternal tries to keep it fresh by introducing mechanics for refilling your ammo, armor and health by doing various different types of kills. To me, that mostly hurts the game. I dont know how many times I ran up to a monster to try to chainsaw him just to be out of chainsaw fuel. Or to punch an enemy that stopped blinking the second I got there. It hurts the flow of the game.

The game also heavily relies on platforming, its not some small optional thing. You will need to platform all the time. Platforming works very poorly in first person games, which is why it is usually very rare and only used as a spice in some games successfully. Here, it is everywhere.

The game also very quickly gets repetitive, which would be fine if the game mechanics were excellent but the constant confusion of juggling different styles of killing an enemy to get what you need is just annoying. It ends up feeling like a chore instead of awesome.

I miss the times of games like Doom 3, which was more horror-oriented and used pacing to tell a story mixed with some great shoot outs. I sure wish the ID team could go back to making one like that instead. This is just not that great, in my opinion.
  17. Mar 25, 2020
    I can imagine this being a great game if you are a big fan of almost constant combat in games. I really tried to enjoy playing this game and played the first 4 levels to 100 percent completion which felt really satisfying to complete. I'm a fan of the classic original games of Doom 1, 2, and Doom 64. I completed Doom 2016. I really wanted to like this game and was hyped for it. TheyI can imagine this being a great game if you are a big fan of almost constant combat in games. I really tried to enjoy playing this game and played the first 4 levels to 100 percent completion which felt really satisfying to complete. I'm a fan of the classic original games of Doom 1, 2, and Doom 64. I completed Doom 2016. I really wanted to like this game and was hyped for it. They improved the production values, increased the scope of the game, inserted more of a plot/characters, and kept the same intense gameplay. For me, I enjoyed the puzzley platforming and finding the secrets; they were challenging. What I just cant stand though is the relentless combat which to me is a chore to play through since you are constantly fighting the same enemies over and over again. This is especially tiring given that the levels this time around are humongous and take around 2 hrs to beat sometimes. Its just too much repetitive fighting for me that ultimately killed the enjoyment of this game for me. I got to level 6 before I just could not take it anymore. I enjoyed the original Doom games because the levels weren't that long and there was a better balance of exploration, enviromental puzzle solving/platforming, and combat in those games. The combat wasn't the main focus. So, if you love combat in games and are a fan of God of War or Halo, you'll probably love this game since it seems like an infusion of both. Wasn't for me though since I'm more into the less frequent combat, exploration, environmental puzzles, and secrets of the classic games. Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2020
    Guide how to ruin a perfect game.

- Unlimited spawn of weak enemies
    - Overloaded with RPG elements
    - Not lined wolkthroug and weak story presentation
    - Too much colors and platforms, it should be called "Doom: Arcade" instead of Eternal.
    - Gamedesign of mobile games

+ Doom
  19. Apr 1, 2020
    Doom Eternal has some of the elements that make the Doom series great, (including fantastic intro music though it never quite lives up to the heady days of Doom 2 and Quake). But yeah, its fun the combat can be great at times but in other ways the game shoots itself in the foot. The ammo you can hold is so limited you constantly have to swap weapons, fine in principle but really isDoom Eternal has some of the elements that make the Doom series great, (including fantastic intro music though it never quite lives up to the heady days of Doom 2 and Quake). But yeah, its fun the combat can be great at times but in other ways the game shoots itself in the foot. The ammo you can hold is so limited you constantly have to swap weapons, fine in principle but really is frustrating when you want to approach an enemy in a particular way to fulfil a challenge. There is a lot of horrible platforming that is definitely not fun. You collect tokens to unlock collectibles in your bag but there are more keys than doors, which is odd and makes a lit of the secrets feel pointless. Some enemies are poorly designed (marauder) and force awkward playtime. I was glad to complete the game and put it down for good. Expand
  20. Mar 25, 2020
    Honestly, this game is not as good as Doom 2016: a statement which is surprising to myself as well!
    There is something wrong with the sound! The story is just boring! And the gameplay is not as fast pace as that of Doom 2016.
  21. Mar 25, 2020
    I like doom(2016) better because in that game we were focusing killing demons. I completed first doom normal difficulty and I just died just few times. But for this game, normal difficulty's unnecessarily hard. After few chapters you begin to die constantly because you are out of ammo, out of gas. They should've add a pistol just like as doom. Also there is too much puzzle to resolve.I like doom(2016) better because in that game we were focusing killing demons. I completed first doom normal difficulty and I just died just few times. But for this game, normal difficulty's unnecessarily hard. After few chapters you begin to die constantly because you are out of ammo, out of gas. They should've add a pistol just like as doom. Also there is too much puzzle to resolve. They're not optional and sometimes they're boring. It's good to some break after the fights but if they're fun. In that case, they're not.
    However music, atmosphere, fight, guns, graphic, cutscenes are fun. 6/10
  22. Mar 25, 2020
    Didn't like doom 2016, returned it. Tried doom eternal and it was ok but its a waste of my time. Ill never buy anymore doom games.
  23. Mar 21, 2020
    For a game whose entire premise is basically tearing demons apart, it is unforgivable that the act of tearing them apart carries such little visceral impact as this game produces.

There is obviously a ton of action going on in this game constantly, from start to finish. But action isn't the same as visceral impact on the player resulting from that constant activity.... Doom 2016 had

Doom 2016 had the same issue for me.....Even as you jump around snapping necks or cutting demon's in half it just doesn't feel like that's really what you're doing. The entire experience is just too simplified.

Bioshock is the best example I can think of of a shooter which achieved that kind of visceral impact I was hoping a Doom reboot would deliver. When you fired a gun in Bioshock, it felt real. There was massive kickback. You could see the shrapnel bouncing off of the environment. The sound from firing a gun was shocking to the senses. The target absorbed the impact like a real person (at least more than other games).

That is what a Doom remake should've been too. That kind of brutality is what Doom is supposed to be all about. I'm very disappointed that it has not turned out that way. I hoped they would fix this massive problem from the 2016 reboot in this version, but unfortunately they clearly didn't. It is a fatal error.

And the platforming is just obnoxious, not fun. Nobody asked for a Doom platformer.
  24. Mar 22, 2020
    *Negatives*
    Bad cutscenes
    Uninteresting story developments Lazy clutter of useless collectibles most right in your face Endless horde modes at locked doors with no variation Bullet sponge the game Extremely limited enemy types to an embarrassing amount if you played Doom 2016 Tedious simplistic platforming sections galore Most of the game is below par level design Overly detailed
    *Negatives*
    Bad cutscenes
    Uninteresting story developments
    Lazy clutter of useless collectibles most right in your face
    Endless horde modes at locked doors with no variation
    Bullet sponge the game
    Extremely limited enemy types to an embarrassing amount if you played Doom 2016
    Tedious simplistic platforming sections galore
    Most of the game is below par level design
    Overly detailed map destroys all feeling of exploration
    Extremely basic shooting and never stop running gameplay that has 0 variation
    Glory kill qtes every 5 seconds for 14+ hours straight
    Music feels like it has a complete lack of variety
    Far more dangerous then the demons is the 00 on your ammo counter

*Positives*
    Extremely technically accomplished discounting the PC HDR map bug
    High smooth framerates
    Great graphics
  25. Apr 3, 2020
    I tend to side with story games a lot with immersion and attachment to the characters, but doom eternal is a fun game. It’s game mechanics create fast movement and quick reaction times which resemble an arcade shooter. These mechanics distinguish what a good game and a fun game is. A good game for sure, but one of the funnest games you’ll play today.
  26. Mar 20, 2020
    Juego correcto, sin más. Ni TOP 3 de mis DOOM favoritos...
    Casualizado a más no poder (ya el menú no auguraba nada bueno): zonas de saltitos por todos lados, ridículo límite de munición hasta bastante avanzado el juego, dobles saltos, impulsos, hachas, espadas... En fin, se llama DOOM como se podría llamar de cualquier otra forma.
    La historia: vale más no tener nada antes que tener esto.
    Juego correcto, sin más. Ni TOP 3 de mis DOOM favoritos...
    La historia: vale más no tener nada antes que tener esto. Como reinterpretación del DOOM 2 no llega ni a la suela de este.
    Otra franquicia más prostituida al servicio de casuals y forniteros.
    En fin, siempre nos quedarán los clásicos y el Brutal DOOM.
  27. Apr 7, 2020
    Doom the RPG is what the title should be. I am long time Doom fan and I really want to like this one too. However the frustration factor is far higher than the fun factor. Falling off a cliff or platform causes you to spawn back close to where you were with a little less health. If you fall too much and die, the game needs to reload the same **** it just reloaded 7 times, but now it takesDoom the RPG is what the title should be. I am long time Doom fan and I really want to like this one too. However the frustration factor is far higher than the fun factor. Falling off a cliff or platform causes you to spawn back close to where you were with a little less health. If you fall too much and die, the game needs to reload the same **** it just reloaded 7 times, but now it takes a few long seconds to load. If you like small multiplayer matches, the multiplayer here might be good for you, 2 v 1 with balancing updates sure to come. Hugo said you feel like a badass as the demon slayer. Not true, i feel like a regular human who cannot get enough ammo or patience for the ridiculous platforming. Wait for this be $20 or less. Consider Doom 64 remastered for $5, as it is the more fun title. Expand
  28. Mar 27, 2020
    Unfortunately this version of the game looks like a downgrade of the good versions the framerates drops all the time, that's all bad things, that's why I give to this game a 7 amazing game but this version really needs a patch.
  29. Mar 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yep, I knew they would mess it up.
    Doom Eternal is a game that struggles between genres. The simple concept of "point cross-hair at enemy and press the button" had to be altered until it became malformed. Why the hell do developers always stray away from the original design? Why do they always have to add more unnecessary stuff? In short, levels have become more linear, and riddled with platform sections, but weapons and enemies are now more varied, to the point that you cannot simply just blow **** up. you must either wait for them to attack, blow their shield down with a specific weapon, punch their armor, etc. And thanks to all the wonderful gamers out there, Doom now has a story. Who in their right mind would want story and lore in Doom? All in all, this game just doesn't feel fun. It's a modern day AAA game with all the trappings of its dumb competitors, masquerading as an "old school back to the roots" FPS. There would be more i would want to talk about, like on the higher difficulty where all the enemies gang rape you, cause you always dash in walls and get stuck in some weird geometry, or how most enemies have a special attack that if you get close to them they bash your head instantly making armor collecting from them almost impossible during harder fights. Or the repetitive level design (narrow corridor that leads to a crappy arena then jumping on platforms then back to narrow corridors), in which the only themes are "apocalyptic city" and "ancient castle", and a few laboratory areas like in Doom 2016. That's it. No variety whatsoever. In short, ONLY buy this game on a sale.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 44 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 4, 2020
    DOOM Eternal exceeded expectations, both where difficulty and enjoyment are concerned, and while not without its faults, it feels like a must-play game for FPS players. It knows exactly how hard it is but doesn’t shame players for choosing whatever difficulty they want, and with how many collectibles there are to amass, it offers a surprising degree of replayability.
  2. Apr 2, 2020
    DOOM Eternal follows in the footsteps of a storied gaming lineage. id Software has done an incredible job at putting care into this series since it was revitalized in 2016. Any player who considers themselves a fan of first-person shooters will immensely love DOOM Eternal because it pays tribute to the genre’s roots and how it has grown over the past three decades. Though it may feel brutal, smearing the entrails of thousands of horrifying hellspawn with a powerful arsenal is one of gaming’s best rewards. Don’t hesitate on this one.
  3. Mar 31, 2020
    Doom Eternal does its legacy proud. Unabashedly difficult, frantic, and single player-centric, it knows what it is…and does it well.