6.1

1. Oct 7, 2016
    Just 100%'d Emily Wants to Play on the PS4. Before I begin, I love horror games and whenever there's a horror game on sale or naturally cheap, it's worth trying out in my opinion.

Emily Wants to Play is naturally $7 bucks. Immediately, it warrants a play considering most indie games are $20+ nowadays. Even if the game sucked for me, it's only $7. I can live with that. You play a

You play a pizza delivery boy who was called to deliver some goodies at 11pm at night and end up being terrorized by a little girl and her 3 creepy dolls. The goal of the game is to last the entire night until 6AM.

Every hour poses a new challenge and it's mostly a new character/doll terrorizing you for that entire house and each one of them have a weakness you have to figure out in order to help you last the hour.

When you die, and you will; A LOT, you begin from the beginning of the hour. Consider the top of the hour your save point. The hour in reality lasts only 5 minutes in real-time, which makes it able to complete the game in less than an hour.

The graphics are extremely dated. You can tell no money was spent on the making of this game. It seems like it was only made for a dev's portfolio.

The controls are frustrating as they can make or break your hour. The buttons include run, use and flashlight on/off as well as zoom. Zoom does nothing. Might help you out only in levels where you have no choice but to be in the dark and need help seeing without getting too close.

I wouldn't say it's a complete knock off of Five Nights At Freddy's because the only thing it knocked off are the different types of dolls and jump scares when they get you.

Overall, it's a challenging little horror game. I spent about 2-3 hours on it and would've spent more on figuring out what every dolls weaknesses are but I checked online and cheated only to realize there's a room in the house that holds a clue for you to figure out how to get by the hour.

If you can get by the graphics, control issues and cheap deaths at times, it's $7 well spent. It's short, sweet, creepy and goofy.

I'll be nice and give it an average score of 6.

1. Oct 26, 2016
    Emily Wants To Play is a nicely done creepy title, despite the simplicity and a truly inflated cue (the classic haunted house), managing to make right random mechanics, although not without some issues. It will scare you and it reveals a great pastime to celebrate Halloween. Will not last long and it is graphically poor, but what we have here is a title that we recommend to all those who love the genuine jump scares.
  2. Sep 3, 2016
    Achieves what it sets out to do fantastically – scare the absolute bejesus out of you.
  3. Aug 26, 2016
    For a very reasonable asking price, you get a very potent horror game that, ultimately, leans a little too heavily on its jump-scares to carve out a unique personality of its own.