7.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Aug 29, 2017
    Didn't have huge expectations, rather a small update on 2016. Wow. Beautiful work Codemasters. Physics are improved, graphics are very much improved, classic cars are beautifully rendered, I can say without a doubt this is the best Formula 1 game/simulator I have played, and I have been playing for 20+ years. Since Geoff Crammond's Formula One racing simulators and perhaps EA's F1 gamesDidn't have huge expectations, rather a small update on 2016. Wow. Beautiful work Codemasters. Physics are improved, graphics are very much improved, classic cars are beautifully rendered, I can say without a doubt this is the best Formula 1 game/simulator I have played, and I have been playing for 20+ years. Since Geoff Crammond's Formula One racing simulators and perhaps EA's F1 games developed by ISI, we have not had anything this polished and complete. Can't wait to see the future of this series. F1 + Dirt have put Codemasters at the top again! Only con? Lack of VR. How amazing it would have been to drive these classic beauties in VR Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2017
    Finally we can administrate almost everything from motor to chassis development. We can progress the game sweetness. Graphics are very good, We can hope for better results in 2018 for graphics. Great almost simulation game.
  3. Sep 5, 2017
    I'm not one to write reviews for games but I thought I would go to the effort as I am having heaps of fun with F1 2017. Unlike previous F1 games where the AI was either too easy or too difficult there is now a slider to change the percentage of AI difficulty which allows for finer tuning to suit a vast array of play styles and expertise. Fuel management during the practice sessions and theI'm not one to write reviews for games but I thought I would go to the effort as I am having heaps of fun with F1 2017. Unlike previous F1 games where the AI was either too easy or too difficult there is now a slider to change the percentage of AI difficulty which allows for finer tuning to suit a vast array of play styles and expertise. Fuel management during the practice sessions and the classic F1 cars are great additions to the series, although I would like to have seen a Benneton F1 car included. The game runs at a very smooth 60fps which is a must when it comes to racing games for me. My only gripe is that there can be some screen tearing which is quite noticeable but I can forgive this as the rest of the game is near perfect. This game is a must buy for any F1 fan. There is also enough new content to satisfy people who played F1 2016. Do yourself a favour and buy this game. Expand
  4. Sep 24, 2017
    Great visuals with very solid game-play & works well with the normal controller (PS4) - great to see a game released thoroughly tested and quality from day 1. If you find working through weekend practice sessions repetitive, try one of the other modes.
    Would suit fans who love F1 but should also appeal to others who enjoy the driving/racing genre in general. This is were the assists come into play, and help turn F1 into a casual game almost anyone can enjoy, to a game a seasoned F1 or sim pro would be challenged by. Great effort Codemasters.
  5. Jan 7, 2019
    First of all, I'm going to say I'm a single player first and foremost. Keeping that in mind...

This game is absolutely worthless. The AI is the same we've seen since ToCa Race Driver as the drivers don't race for their own success, but to prevent the player from being successful by any means necessary - usually this means running at the player not unlike a freight train, or in case of the player not being near enough for that, driving in an inhumanely perfect fashion 100% of the time. On the flipside in regards to fast racing, when driving slow behind the safety car for example, the drivers ahead of you may slow down so much that you end up becoming a ghost (a terrible feature that you can't disable) while they don't and at least one driver behind you gets a legal overtake as a result.

And when it comes to AI ramming you, after the AI pushes you into the barriers and ends your race, the other teams' interest in you diminishes by a ridiculous amount as if you're the one to actually blame for even trying to be on the track. Every. Single. Time. And this often breaks the whole contract system apart unless you somehow manage to be lucky enough to upgrade your car to beat better teams - which would normally happen around season 3 at the earliest.

The weather system is also one of the worst I've seen in an F1-game: there are four different stable percentages (let's assuming it's 0%, 33%, 67% and 100%, condition wise it's "dry," "light rain," "heavy rain," and "HR w/ standing water") that are always the same if the weather doesn't transition to anything else. The track is evel less dynamic as it's the same amount of wetness in all parts, of course depending on the overall conditions - actually, it's technically not at all dynamic, even if Codemasters have falsely advertized (illegal, by the way) it as such since 2010. Plus the physics are terrible, most evidently in case of car-to-car contact.

If you want good examples of F1-games in simcade or sim-categories, pretty much anything you saw as a Sony-exclusive and Crammond's Grand Prix series was more advanced and realistic than this amateurish construct that makes the sport look bad in the eyes of a person who knows even the tiniest bit about the workings of racing.
  6. Feb 7, 2018
    The last F1 game you might ever buy for what's going to happen next year. I wish they added every single classic car and track from every era on top of 2018 because really i don't want to buy another copy for this 2017 season. I usually sell the last copies to afford the next year; having the classics would really help until F1 get's better, it's very sick. I don't particularly like theThe last F1 game you might ever buy for what's going to happen next year. I wish they added every single classic car and track from every era on top of 2018 because really i don't want to buy another copy for this 2017 season. I usually sell the last copies to afford the next year; having the classics would really help until F1 get's better, it's very sick. I don't particularly like the new cars and the way F1 is being run, and it's going to get worse next year but the game this year isn't bad it's basically the same as the last 3 years. Particularly the tyre colors are making me depressed, now they have pink ones, it's not even the hybrid electric futuret. Having the few classic cars I can play might help me cope with the lose of F1, even though it's still with us and miss F1. Expand
  7. May 19, 2018
    F1 2017 is not a perfect game. Specially the Online mode is very improvable but on the SinglePlayer modes it is outstanding. Great career mode, great move with the addition of classic cars, physics are very much improved, although graphics (at least on the drivers' and people's faces alike a PS2 game) have to be improved, the rest is good. Maybe it is the best F1 game since F1 ChampionshipF1 2017 is not a perfect game. Specially the Online mode is very improvable but on the SinglePlayer modes it is outstanding. Great career mode, great move with the addition of classic cars, physics are very much improved, although graphics (at least on the drivers' and people's faces alike a PS2 game) have to be improved, the rest is good. Maybe it is the best F1 game since F1 Championship Edition or F1 Challenge 99-02, or maybe the best even above them... 2018 can be great, think about it. Expand
  8. Oct 30, 2017
    F1 2017 plays almost identical to F1 2016, plus a few minor changes like older golden era cars. Unfortunately the car physics is still sub par and the damage model is still a bad joke. And the graphics looks like 2015 not 2017 - Driveclub (2014) and GT Sport (2017) look way more realistic and better than F1 2017. Now that the Driveclub developer works for Codemasters as well, I really hopeF1 2017 plays almost identical to F1 2016, plus a few minor changes like older golden era cars. Unfortunately the car physics is still sub par and the damage model is still a bad joke. And the graphics looks like 2015 not 2017 - Driveclub (2014) and GT Sport (2017) look way more realistic and better than F1 2017. Now that the Driveclub developer works for Codemasters as well, I really hope F1 2018 will have comparable great graphics to Driveclub next year! And please take a look at
    Geoff Crammond' Grand Prix 4 (2002), just bring more Formula 1 details and polishment to F1 2018!
  9. Apr 13, 2018
    I played this with a wheel and.... wow.
    The physics are the best ever, graphics are epic, the sounds are really good and it throws so many options at your face which makes it so cannot dislike the game and it fan as... An extremely fun thing...
    I played this with a wheel and.... wow.
    I didn't bother too much with the career but from the time I played it was good. It also gives you a lot of modes with a lot of cars. Even if there was a lack of tracks this didn't bother me and I if you get this game, try ramming into everyone and try to immobilise them, get them off the track and destroy their car, it is super fun!
    I give this a chocobo outta 10.
  10. Feb 23, 2019
    The 2017 chapter in the excellent Codemasters F1 series features a more detailed career mode, with deeper car development, which will improve the car’s track performance. It also includes options which allow you to really fine tune the AI difficulty to suit better your abilities and make for even more exciting championships. Finally, it also features a return of classic cars, althoughThe 2017 chapter in the excellent Codemasters F1 series features a more detailed career mode, with deeper car development, which will improve the car’s track performance. It also includes options which allow you to really fine tune the AI difficulty to suit better your abilities and make for even more exciting championships. Finally, it also features a return of classic cars, although there are no classic tracks like in F1 2013. The best F1 game yet (and I have played the all) ! Expand
  11. Oct 22, 2019
    Es hat keinen Koop modus also mir hat es nicht so viel Spaß gemacht finds nicht so gut

Generally favorable reviews - based on 41 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Nov 16, 2017
    Excellent career mode, tons of additional challenges and fast gameplay. Codemasters did great this year, but I would appreciate including more F1 legends. [11/2017, p.75]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Oct 15, 2017
    Codemasters' best Formula 1 game to date. [Nov 2017, p.88]
  3. Games Master UK
    Oct 6, 2017
    A superb, technical racer. F1 fans will love the career mode, but be disappointed by the classic content. [Nov 2017, p.77]