7.6

1. Jun 28, 2019
    The AI is drastically improved from F1 2018. They seem much more aggressive and after 20 hours of play I've had numerous exciting races. The inclusion of F2 in career mode was a nice step forward in their attempt to make the experience more immersive. A really nice inclusion was the transfers of drivers from team to team. No longer do I have to see the same drivers with the same team overThe AI is drastically improved from F1 2018. They seem much more aggressive and after 20 hours of play I've had numerous exciting races. The inclusion of F2 in career mode was a nice step forward in their attempt to make the experience more immersive. A really nice inclusion was the transfers of drivers from team to team. No longer do I have to see the same drivers with the same team over 5 seasons. It seems that Codemasters are really listening to their customers and doing the best they can to further develop the game to what people want. The only reason I give it a 9 out of 10 is because of the occasional glitch that undoes the amazing immersive experience of the game. All in all I highly recommend for anyone that enjoys racing sims. Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2019
    It took me about a week of regular play to determine the optimal difficulty setting in F1 2019. There is a very narrow gap between being too easy and being too annoying, and finding the sweet spot early on is key.

Unlike the previous installment, F1 2019 includes a Championship mode that's basically Career mode minus the extra fluff (i.e. contracts, rivalries, challenges, upgrades, procurement and interviews). Just get in and drive. Once I discovered this mode, I deleted my regular Career save file.

The Legends edition is absolutely not worth the extra money over the standard Anniversary edition in my opinion. You get a couple of "premium" multiplayer skins, two classic cars and some challenges. Yay. I purchased my copy of Legends from a retailer that happened to be selling it brand new at the same price as the standard edition, three months post-release.

F1 2019 improves upon the previous installment in a few minor yet obvious ways. Firstly, daylight visuals look more appealing and realistic. Beyond this, I haven't really noticed any other graphical refinements. Cutscenes are copy/pasted straight out of F1 2018, complete with slow-loading textures.

Secondly, the cars generally sound better. Sure, they still sound like vibrator-clogged vacuum cleaners - such is the way of the F1 hybrid engine - but I'll take any improvement in this aspect of the game. There's also a greater variety in sound between the current F1 cars, which is a nice touch over F1 2018.

Thirdly, difficulty can now be re-adjusted after you've commenced a new Career (or Championship). Gone are the days when you'd have to restart the entire F1 season in order to raise or lower the difficulty.

Aside from these improvements, F1 2019 is mostly the same game as before. Insanely fast, immensely fun.
  3. Jun 30, 2019
    Better then f1 2018 but graphics wise u can see it is a older engine. Gameplay is very solid and there are enough modes to keep you playing
  4. Jul 2, 2019
    Best of them till now, i enjoy how the game looks, it's beatiful, the AI is incredible improved, who say that this game have microtransactions, yes, it have, but you don't need to buy it if you don't want to, for me it's the best F1 game released till now.
  5. Nov 24, 2019
    Visually spectacular, something that Codemasters has accustomed us, the technical variations of playability, the fluids although already seen in other F1 games is still excellent, a professional career mode that envelops you more in the world of the cars makes this F1 2019 the Better to date, a story mode that even hurt my head from my ups and downs as a driver, makes me want to keepVisually spectacular, something that Codemasters has accustomed us, the technical variations of playability, the fluids although already seen in other F1 games is still excellent, a professional career mode that envelops you more in the world of the cars makes this F1 2019 the Better to date, a story mode that even hurt my head from my ups and downs as a driver, makes me want to keep trying again and again until I get the pole and first place.
    Recommended for everyone.
  6. Jun 29, 2019
    Honestly after a long time of producing F1 games, this is one of their most renowned titles of their history. Its Brand new Formula 2 feature will bring fans of the series to this game lifting its popularity and giving this game it's perfect circulariy
  7. Nov 7, 2019
    Best racing game!Graphics absolutely wonderful. Highly recommended.The best F1 game
  8. Jun 26, 2019
    Yes it's true this game is very similar to f1 2018, but that's not all really a bad thing. Graphics are much improved, so is story mode. Also seems to have a better setup for esports. Ai is good not great, if you do some some strange manuver near them they dont know how to act. Only raiting as a 9 because they could have done more to make the game different.
  9. Jun 27, 2019
    good game formula one ,graphics improved ,story mode could be a litle bit better but not compromise the game ,formula 2 is great driving physics are good also.
  10. Jul 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is a lot of bug in game. Two years of development for this final product... if you are a fanatic buy it. But, casual gammer you wouldn't buy this game. The F2 season is a joke. And The Leyend Edition is also a joke Expand
  11. Apr 2, 2020
    One of the worst f1 games i’ve ever played and spent money on. Can’t get games online, 37 attempts and still no games going bull crap. You get other drivers who are **** on the game crashing into us smashing us off the track and we get warnings and time added to ours. Should be able to kick a player during the game who has or is attempting to smash you off constantly because they can’tOne of the worst f1 games i’ve ever played and spent money on. Can’t get games online, 37 attempts and still no games going bull crap. You get other drivers who are **** on the game crashing into us smashing us off the track and we get warnings and time added to ours. Should be able to kick a player during the game who has or is attempting to smash you off constantly because they can’t take being passed. Games a joke. Expand
  12. Jun 25, 2019
    Ripping off customers with a "early access" edition which is basically pointless and has very little content for such.
    Premium cosmetic items only obtainable through real money (yea, you paid 70€ for a game but still gotta pay more for items!). Also, most of the designs available are completely trash.
    Same game as F1 2018 but a bit more polished. Driving physics and handling are good,

Same game as F1 2018 but a bit more polished.
    Driving physics and handling are good, AI are more aggressive but there isn't much else.

If you liked F1 2017 or F1 2018 you will probably like this but you won't be missing out on much. I'd wait for a sale, like the previous installation had many times over the past year.
  13. Sep 2, 2019
    Qweerrtttyyyytreeerrttyyuuuiioooppñlkhdsduusyqywieufldhayldhaudñxjdñgkdhhhhyjd
  14. Sep 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a shame that ps4 pro got a poor graphic versión compair with xbox one x. I Believe as Sony ps4 is dead. RIP Expand
  15. Apr 20, 2020
    i cannot get any games online and just gets me to watch every race.
    having a controller is so much harder to play the game with, as the cars at so sensitive,
    I'm in career mode and the computer cars just crash into you when you are trying to defend and they overtake in areas they wouldn't normally and ruin my race.

having spent this money, I'm disappointed I'm not able to get online race.
  16. Jun 3, 2020
    Solid foundations, but even as of early June 2020, the game is still somewhat buggy and Hamilton is still a ruthless **** magically immune to damage from contact he loves to initiate. The game could also do with *way* more variety in writing. Within one season, I've heard the exact same commentary and the reporter's questions countless times. Rain during practice? Prepare for the same lineSolid foundations, but even as of early June 2020, the game is still somewhat buggy and Hamilton is still a ruthless **** magically immune to damage from contact he loves to initiate. The game could also do with *way* more variety in writing. Within one season, I've heard the exact same commentary and the reporter's questions countless times. Rain during practice? Prepare for the same line about the data gathered being useless. The reporter's questions also often don't reflect reality. For instance, if you finish after having lapped the second place (yes, I play on lower difficulty settings), the reporter will likely still ask for your comment on the *close* finish/battle between you and the runner-up. The F2 mode is also rather underutilized, especially in the career mode, in which it's relegated to the role of a bizarre half-tutorial half-montage. Finally, considering how many legacy cars there are in the game, I expected them to be used for more than a few minutes' optional event after every other GP in the career. Ideally, I would've loved full-blown historic GPs making proper use of F1's storied past, visiting tracks not on this season's calendar or perhaps past variants of current tracks. What we get instead is a jaw-dropping number of cosmetic microtransactions. Expand
  17. Jan 11, 2020
    Best realized sport in a game. It's like your watching it, but you're not watching. FIFA certainly does look very representative of it's sport, but you don't feel like you are kickin'. With a Thrustmaster and a Wheelstand Pro you feel like you're there, driving.
  18. Dec 12, 2019
    Overall experience: disappointing.

The game is beautiful and challenging, makes driving very fun. Good experience without assists. Multiplayer is a nightmare: dirty driving is encouraged, as penalties are extremely unfair for fair players. 70% of your races end when other car intentionally touches you or crashes with you (in the "safest" lobby), and then you get an unfair and
    Overall experience: disappointing.

Multiplayer is a nightmare: dirty driving is encouraged, as penalties are extremely unfair for fair players. 70% of your races end when other car intentionally touches you or crashes with you (in the "safest" lobby), and then you get an unfair and ridiculous penalty that gets you into an even dirtier lobby. In addition to this, matchmaking makes hardly possible to improve your rank, as you are paired with master rank players that are impossible to race against.
  19. Jan 13, 2020
    O nivel de simulação é mto alto, o que deixa a jogabilidade bem difícil...
    Outra coia que não me agradou é que nas tomadas de Tempo só aceitam 15k nomes não nos deixa acompanhar o tempo dos amigos...
    Bom Jogo... mas bem difícil!
  20. Apr 24, 2020
    Positives

- Best ever AI on a console racing game (maybe in any racing game ever) - they are pretty good at racing side-by-side and make generally good strategy calls - Career mode is there for those who enjoy it; Championships mode is very good with a wide variety of championships including sprint series and classic car series - Decent handling model, very playable on both controller
    Positives

- Decent handling model, very playable on both controller and wheel
    - Good graphics with great lighting and colours
    - Online can be fun
    - The classic car selection is very good
    - A full race weekend is very immersive as one must consider weather forecast, tyre selection and condition for each session, practice sessions and management of car components

Negatives

- Handling and force feedback is not on the level of dedicated sim racers
    - Career mode gimmicks including Research & Development and driver transfers ruin any sense of realism as you progress through your career
    - Online can be a mess a demoralising to play
    - No classic tracks
    - Some bugs e.g. Safety Car glitches can ruin your race
    - Graphics look slightly cartoony and not like real life - they are too bright and not gritty enough

Overall a great game mainly due to the AI being very good and engaging to race against in long-distance races. Accessible to all types of players and an immersive challenge for any F1 fan. Can't give it a 9 or 10 due to a myriad of slight drawbacks which could all be quite easily improved upon.
  21. Jun 24, 2020
    I love the new management stuff inside the new version also track are very realistic great game if you love F1 or racing in general you will be entertained for hours.
  22. Jul 16, 2020
    I am not a great fan of racing games, but I wanted to have a very good racing game. It seemed to me that this was what I was looking for.

My instinct was right. Great graphics, great gameplay. Very well delivered, wholly.

I would recommend it, especially for the racing fans.
  23. Aug 16, 2020
    I'm still enjoy this game, so far I don't feel the need to get the 2020 edition, on PS4 standard works very well. A solid game for F1 lovers.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 43 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 6, 2019
    I’ve never been a racing fan, but I’ve always had the impression that it’s a couple of steps above the likes of NASCAR and Indy car racing. That’s an impression borne out by F1 2019, and it means that anyone who wants a real racing game challenge would be well-advised to check it out.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jul 30, 2019
    Simply the best-ever reproduction of this high-speed, high-tech motorsport. It’s very familiar, but nonetheless noticeably superior to the 2018 game. Essential. [Issue#165, p.85]
  3. Jul 19, 2019
    Codemasters shows something new in F1 2019. Especially offering Formula 2, transfers of drivers and an accessible multiplayermode really takes F1 to the next level.