7.7

1. Jun 28, 2019
    The AI is drastically improved from F1 2018. They seem much more aggressive and after 20 hours of play I've had numerous exciting races. The inclusion of F2 in career mode was a nice step forward in their attempt to make the experience more immersive. A really nice inclusion was the transfers of drivers from team to team. No longer do I have to see the same drivers with the same team overThe AI is drastically improved from F1 2018. They seem much more aggressive and after 20 hours of play I've had numerous exciting races. The inclusion of F2 in career mode was a nice step forward in their attempt to make the experience more immersive. A really nice inclusion was the transfers of drivers from team to team. No longer do I have to see the same drivers with the same team over 5 seasons. It seems that Codemasters are really listening to their customers and doing the best they can to further develop the game to what people want. The only reason I give it a 9 out of 10 is because of the occasional glitch that undoes the amazing immersive experience of the game. All in all I highly recommend for anyone that enjoys racing sims. Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2019
    It took me about a week of regular play to determine the optimal difficulty setting in F1 2019. There is a very narrow gap between being too easy and being too annoying, and finding the sweet spot early on is key.

Unlike the previous installment, F1 2019 includes a Championship mode that's basically Career mode minus the extra fluff (i.e. contracts, rivalries, challenges, upgrades, procurement and interviews). Just get in and drive. Once I discovered this mode, I deleted my regular Career save file.

The Legends edition is absolutely not worth the extra money over the standard Anniversary edition in my opinion. You get a couple of "premium" multiplayer skins, two classic cars and some challenges. Yay. I purchased my copy of Legends from a retailer that happened to be selling it brand new at the same price as the standard edition, three months post-release.

F1 2019 improves upon the previous installment in a few minor yet obvious ways. Firstly, daylight visuals look more appealing and realistic. Beyond this, I haven't really noticed any other graphical refinements. Cutscenes are copy/pasted straight out of F1 2018, complete with slow-loading textures.

Secondly, the cars generally sound better. Sure, they still sound like vibrator-clogged vacuum cleaners - such is the way of the F1 hybrid engine - but I'll take any improvement in this aspect of the game. There's also a greater variety in sound between the current F1 cars, which is a nice touch over F1 2018.

Thirdly, difficulty can now be re-adjusted after you've commenced a new Career (or Championship). Gone are the days when you'd have to restart the entire F1 season in order to raise or lower the difficulty.

Aside from these improvements, F1 2019 is mostly the same game as before. Insanely fast, immensely fun.
  3. Jun 30, 2019
    Better then f1 2018 but graphics wise u can see it is a older engine. Gameplay is very solid and there are enough modes to keep you playing
  4. Jul 2, 2019
    Best of them till now, i enjoy how the game looks, it's beatiful, the AI is incredible improved, who say that this game have microtransactions, yes, it have, but you don't need to buy it if you don't want to, for me it's the best F1 game released till now.
  5. Nov 24, 2019
    Visually spectacular, something that Codemasters has accustomed us, the technical variations of playability, the fluids although already seen in other F1 games is still excellent, a professional career mode that envelops you more in the world of the cars makes this F1 2019 the Better to date, a story mode that even hurt my head from my ups and downs as a driver, makes me want to keepVisually spectacular, something that Codemasters has accustomed us, the technical variations of playability, the fluids although already seen in other F1 games is still excellent, a professional career mode that envelops you more in the world of the cars makes this F1 2019 the Better to date, a story mode that even hurt my head from my ups and downs as a driver, makes me want to keep trying again and again until I get the pole and first place.
    Recommended for everyone.
  6. Jun 29, 2019
    Honestly after a long time of producing F1 games, this is one of their most renowned titles of their history. Its Brand new Formula 2 feature will bring fans of the series to this game lifting its popularity and giving this game it's perfect circulariy
  7. Nov 7, 2019
    Best racing game!Graphics absolutely wonderful. Highly recommended.The best F1 game
  8. Jun 26, 2019
    Yes it's true this game is very similar to f1 2018, but that's not all really a bad thing. Graphics are much improved, so is story mode. Also seems to have a better setup for esports. Ai is good not great, if you do some some strange manuver near them they dont know how to act. Only raiting as a 9 because they could have done more to make the game different.
  9. Jun 27, 2019
    good game formula one ,graphics improved ,story mode could be a litle bit better but not compromise the game ,formula 2 is great driving physics are good also.
  10. Sep 2, 2019
    Qweerrtttyyyytreeerrttyyuuuiioooppñlkhdsduusyqywieufldhayldhaudñxjdñgkdhhhhyjd
  11. Jan 11, 2020
    Best realized sport in a game. It's like your watching it, but you're not watching. FIFA certainly does look very representative of it's sport, but you don't feel like you are kickin'. With a Thrustmaster and a Wheelstand Pro you feel like you're there, driving.
  12. Jan 13, 2020
    O nivel de simulação é mto alto, o que deixa a jogabilidade bem difícil...
    Outra coia que não me agradou é que nas tomadas de Tempo só aceitam 15k nomes não nos deixa acompanhar o tempo dos amigos...
    Bom Jogo... mas bem difícil!
  13. Apr 24, 2020
    Positives

- Best ever AI on a console racing game (maybe in any racing game ever) - they are pretty good at racing side-by-side and make generally good strategy calls - Career mode is there for those who enjoy it; Championships mode is very good with a wide variety of championships including sprint series and classic car series - Decent handling model, very playable on both controller
    Positives

- Decent handling model, very playable on both controller and wheel
    - Good graphics with great lighting and colours
    - Online can be fun
    - The classic car selection is very good
    - A full race weekend is very immersive as one must consider weather forecast, tyre selection and condition for each session, practice sessions and management of car components

Negatives

- Handling and force feedback is not on the level of dedicated sim racers
    - Career mode gimmicks including Research & Development and driver transfers ruin any sense of realism as you progress through your career
    - Online can be a mess a demoralising to play
    - No classic tracks
    - Some bugs e.g. Safety Car glitches can ruin your race
    - Graphics look slightly cartoony and not like real life - they are too bright and not gritty enough

Overall a great game mainly due to the AI being very good and engaging to race against in long-distance races. Accessible to all types of players and an immersive challenge for any F1 fan. Can't give it a 9 or 10 due to a myriad of slight drawbacks which could all be quite easily improved upon.
  14. Jun 24, 2020
    I love the new management stuff inside the new version also track are very realistic great game if you love F1 or racing in general you will be entertained for hours.
  15. Jul 16, 2020
    I am not a great fan of racing games, but I wanted to have a very good racing game. It seemed to me that this was what I was looking for.

My instinct was right. Great graphics, great gameplay. Very well delivered, wholly.

I would recommend it, especially for the racing fans.
  16. Aug 16, 2020
    I'm still enjoy this game, so far I don't feel the need to get the 2020 edition, on PS4 standard works very well. A solid game for F1 lovers.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 43 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 6, 2019
    I’ve never been a racing fan, but I’ve always had the impression that it’s a couple of steps above the likes of NASCAR and Indy car racing. That’s an impression borne out by F1 2019, and it means that anyone who wants a real racing game challenge would be well-advised to check it out.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jul 30, 2019
    Simply the best-ever reproduction of this high-speed, high-tech motorsport. It’s very familiar, but nonetheless noticeably superior to the 2018 game. Essential. [Issue#165, p.85]
  3. Jul 19, 2019
    Codemasters shows something new in F1 2019. Especially offering Formula 2, transfers of drivers and an accessible multiplayermode really takes F1 to the next level.