7.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jul 6, 2020
    (single player review, i dont play f1 online) game is really nice, surprising actually how much they get done to improve the game inside a year. what it lacks in raw simulation feel next to the likes of ACC it makes up for just about everywhere else. i have always purchased the f1 games for the single player aspect because it never fails to deliver a compelling career and this year is no(single player review, i dont play f1 online) game is really nice, surprising actually how much they get done to improve the game inside a year. what it lacks in raw simulation feel next to the likes of ACC it makes up for just about everywhere else. i have always purchased the f1 games for the single player aspect because it never fails to deliver a compelling career and this year is no different and gives you even more reason than ever to keep on racing. its great to see that long gone are the days of needing to finish first or it was all for nothing, f1 2020 gives you every reason to fight for even 17th place instead of 18th but it would be worth nothing if the gameplay on track wasnt exciting and thankfully it is, f1 games have always nailed the excitement of a race and the games will very often replicate what can happen in real life that looks pretty standard on tv but is actually exciting to be a part of - for example, a car breaking down on tv looks pretty unexciting but when it happens to vettel after fighting you lap after lap for 20 laps in game its very very exciting indeed. The AI is some of the best ive ever seen without doubt, they fight each other lap after lap, make mistakes, succumb to pressure, have mechanical issues, tyre failures... just about everything that creates the illusion they are real racers for you to race, sure they can be aggressive or block you when you feel they shouldnt but the reality is if you get blocked or shunted you shouldnt have been there to start with, people complain but its those people that try and dive inside 17 cars on the inside of the first corner and then get squeezed out, but you diving wasnt the problem it was all the AI... no. slowly but surely the days are going that you are the only driver on track effected by something and thats fantastic and immersive.

details are everything and as minor as they may be - ultimately its what makes you as the player go oof, when the lighting changes because a cloud passes the sun, or when theres a three wide battle just ahead of you and dust and rubber flings up into your face, the tyres graining or when you brake check vettel under safety car and he loses his temper and hits you in the side... its ALMOST all there lol

The on track racing is exciting, AI on point, wheel support is good, the career is super fleshed out now giving you a reason to keep on going, its just a really really good racing game and codemasters has been seriously hit and miss lately, when they hit it they really hit it but when they miss its a big miss, this is another hit, but for every hit theres seems to be a miss on the horizon so im already worried about dirt 5.

the only reason for a 9 instead of a 10 is i can see where they cut some corners and dont put much effort, im seeing a lot of the same race finish animations, like from the pit wall and stuff, not a big deal at all but quite clearly a few things have not been touched, but im already over it just because of actually the size of leap taken here, f1 2019 gave 2018 the lick of fresh paint it needed graphically and 2020 gives us the fleshed out game-play now to go with that, thats great in my books.
  2. Jul 11, 2020
    This is by far the best F1 game ever. My Team is the career mode we have been waiting for since we first got F1 video games. Podium Pass is also a nice addition that keeps you coming back for more liveries and helmets
  3. Jul 13, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Game is so Fantastic.
    I have over 15 Hours playing Time, an i'am so proud of codemasters. The Game is grandious.
  4. Jul 7, 2020
    They’ve nailed it. Shame about some regurgitated features and cut scenes, but apart from that, this is by far the best F1 game ever and one of the best racing games to date.
  5. Jul 27, 2020
    Epic experience, very good feedback from the steering wheel and the physic system in general.
    The Personal Team mode is very well done and overall everything is with no errors/problems/bugs.
    Congratulation to codemaster for this beauty. A MUST HAVE if you are a real F1 fan
  6. Aug 31, 2020
    When I heard the F1 2020 would have a My Team, much like many long term fans of the franchise. I was ecstatic as it was a feature the community had wanted for a long time. However despite the introduction of my team and the re-added Split-screen, not seen since F1 2013, the basic formula for the game has not changed since last years game which is both a good and bad thing.

Let’s start

Let’s start with why it’s a good thing. F1 2019 is a stellar game, everything about it felt clean and polished, and 2020 is exactly the same the graphics are among some of the best racing graphics on console right now, the handling model is not to different, so it feels familiar to players like me, but it’s also not difficult to get to grips with.

Getting to grips with this game is one of the big new features that Codemasters have pushed with the marketing for this game, the introduction of the casual race settings allows anyone to be able to jump onto the game and be able to stay on track and try to race with the AI, rather then immediately crashing at the first turn like in previous games, this feature won’t allow you to be able to go as fast as people who play with no assists but it’s a way to ease yourself into the experience without being overwhelmed.

The other big feature, My Team has been where most of my time has been spent, the ability to make your own team is awesome and seeing it race with real F1 teams is a long awaited dream come true for many players. However off track is where my issues with this mode start to arise. Many parts of this mode feel like they have been copy and pasted from 2019, for example the R&D tree is identical and so are the post session interviews with Claire, and I get that they don’t want to change what isn’t broken, but after a few years of seeing the same things it becomes annoying more then becoming familiar. This a recurring theme with this years game its a lot of the same as 2019, there are new HUD displays and new look menus, which I like much more then 2019’s menu, but the annoying things are still there, like the wide range of multiplayer glitches, which include entering lobbies pressing ready up and nothing happening meaning you have to try and find a new lobby which is difficult enough as almost every lobby you are offered is full, and are never able to race cleanly because of that.

The clean racing brings me to another point which has its pros and cons, The Podium Pass, which I really enjoyed when it comes to doing the solo and career features as it gives you a lot to focus on besides the normal weekend structure, which has rightly not changed as it is a great way to learn and speed up around a track over a weekend, and the rewards are great I changed my entire teams design to fit the livery I like the most, which I found through the podium pass. However my issue with the Podium Pass is that not everything can be done specifically by you and makes some challenges very unfair in the respect the for this current season as it wants you to have clean multiplayer races around the two new circuits that have been added for this year. However this isn’t something you can really control as you can try and be as clean as possible but that doesn’t stop someone from hitting you and the race being ruined.

The additions that come with the Deluxe Schumacher Edition are nice but I don’t feel they are enough to justify the £65 price tag. Sure, you get 4 of Schumacher’s championship winning cars, one of which came with the standard 2019 game but all are incredibly hard to get to grips with, as well as the early access which I feel was the main draw to getting this edition as it allowed people to get ahead.

Overall, this game is very good, the foundations it was built up from in last years game were great especially the feel on the track. The addition of My Team adds a new level of longevity to the game, however the bugs and annoyances of the previous game have not been improved upon which can be very frustrating as you progress and put more and more hours into the game.

F1 2020: 8/10
  7. Jul 7, 2020
    I'm not sure how they were able to improve the game so vastly under covid but as someone who plays f1 consistently over the years take it from me that this game is head and shoulders over 19. Perfect racing sim
  8. Jul 7, 2020
    Same Game F1 2019 Actually There is a downgrade in the game. physics are better than 2019 game but motor sounds are amazing very realistic.
    Edit:The Game take 16 gb Update.But The black mercedes livery not included What???
  9. Jul 21, 2020
    Same old, same old...no innovation, no imagination, no care.The "my team" is very limited and is filled with macrotransactions. Buy at a sale or discount if you really need to, avoid at all cost if you have F1 2019
  10. Nov 29, 2020
    I was stuck in menus and pre race interviews so long I was bored to tears and turned it off. Never even raced. Waste of time. Is it that hard to put a menu selection to just race. I'm not interested in the junk, I just wanted to race.
  11. Jul 11, 2020
    My Team was sold as the oportunity to be the 11th team, but with the editing options (or lack there of) it never feels like you are actually a Formula 1 team. The liveries are MILES below to what a skilled editor can create in games like Forza, Gran Turismo or NFS, and on top of it all they microcharge you for it. Even considering that (so far) you don't need to buy Pitcoins with realMy Team was sold as the oportunity to be the 11th team, but with the editing options (or lack there of) it never feels like you are actually a Formula 1 team. The liveries are MILES below to what a skilled editor can create in games like Forza, Gran Turismo or NFS, and on top of it all they microcharge you for it. Even considering that (so far) you don't need to buy Pitcoins with real money to get the items, it's a shame that they put behind a paywall helmets from 50 years ago, uninspiring Racing Point style badges and liveries that are not only basic, but even ugly.

Many people would've loved to bring to life teams like Jordan, Brabham or Lotus, and this can be realistically done without visual options... and it's a shame, because otherwise the mode is fun.
  12. Jul 22, 2020
    что за херня набирает 86 баллов???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  13. Jul 12, 2020
    F1 2020
    Devia ganhar um Premio de Jogo mais Chato e Entendiante
    Enjoativo é pouco,vc joga 3 corridas e Já Desisti de Joga
    os Gráficos nada demais(pra um game de Corrida)
    Jogabilidade dos F1 eu nunca foi fan,mas esse esse meu deus que ruim
    Além de Consegui ser Pior do que o F1 2019
    Desisto dos F1!
    a Ea Passou pelo F1!!
    250 reais do lixo!
  14. Aug 23, 2020
    Racing games don't suit me.
    Too boring and not fun. What the hell is this game
    I don't know why.
  15. Jul 11, 2020
    This is basically the same as the previous game. Same old same old. Some new features but not worth the money.
  16. Jul 8, 2020
    Lot of bugs, unfinished game. Graphics on PS4 seems like PS2 with many texture failures. However, the My Team new mode and the gameplay is very good.
  17. Jul 31, 2020
    Good to play with a steering wheel. The graphics are a bit lacking, forza horizon 4 looks much better than this. When it rains the graphics looks like that of a PS2.(nfs mw will look better at these times)
  18. Jul 7, 2020
    F1 2020 is the best racing game ... it's back!
    Great graphics, perfect sound for every car, scalable and unique driveability
    Split screen mode and my team ... welcome back !!!
  19. Jul 10, 2020
    Very good game, the Only lack is that They could have changed more from last year.
  20. Dec 31, 2020
    F1 2020 is the best F1 game ever made in history. This not mean that all the previous one were bad, definitely it's not that. But the game follows the evolution of the category in its smallest details and delivers a beautiful experience in gameplay.

As in the previous games, all the historical cars, the fidelity of the tracks and the drivers are done with excellence. But the best part is the customization of the My Team mode, which allows us to create our own team. As with other sports games, this part of the game is still being improved. They do not allow us more advanced features in management and customization. But the mode has been created with great options that allow a lot of fun for those who like the type.

But the game is not perfect at all. Customizations are still very simple and tend to improve a lot in the next games in the future. The difficulty is unstable and imprecise, but enough to maintain a good quality standard. Some animations that are still robotic (e.g. journalists) are sometimes uncomfortable. But in general, it is an indispensable game for those who loves Formula 1.

PS: I still miss the camera further away from the car as in the classic games on PlayStation 1 by Bizarre / Psygnosis.

I played on PC and PlayStation.
    -------------------------------
    In Brazilian Portuguse:

F1 2020 é o melhor jogo já feito sobre F1 na história. Não se trata de dizer que todos os outros anteriores foram ruins, não é isso. Acontece que o jogo acompanha a evolução da categoria em seus mínimos detalhes e entrega uma belíssima experiência na jogabilidade.

Assim como nos jogos anteriores, toda a parte de carros históricos, fidelidade das pistas e pilotos é feita com excelência. Mas, o melhor, fica por parte da customização do movo My Team, que nos permite criar nossa própria equipe. Da mesma forma como acontece em outros jogos de esportes, essa parte do jogo ainda está em fase de melhoramento. Eles não nos permitem recursos mais avançados na gestão e customização. Mas o modo já nasceu com ótimas opções que permitem se divertir muito pra quem gosta do tipo.

Mas nem tudo é perfeito no jogo. As customizações ainda são muito simples e tendem a melhorar muito nos próximos jogos. A dificuldade é instável e imprecisa, mas suficiente pra manter um bom padrão de qualidade. Algumas animações ainda robóticas (como dos jornalistas) incomodam as vezes. Mas, no geral, é um jogo indispensável pra quem gosta de Formula 1.

Observação pessoal: ainda sinto falta da camera mais afastada do carro como nos jogos clássicos do PlayStation 1 da Bizarre/Psygnosis.
  21. Jul 27, 2020
    el mejor juego de F1 hasta la fecha y, posiblemente, el mejor juego de conducción de la generación
  22. Aug 1, 2020
    Microtransactions in a full-price title. Do I need to say more? No I don't.
  23. Jul 11, 2020
    New myTeam feature is interesting besides driving and playing the game as just driver you also get a chance to experience what is like to run a formula one team as a manager and you get to create your own team but with somehow limited option's ,they could have done better here probably use the same feature as NFS Heat and have livery done through App.
    The driving itself is improved and
    The driving itself is improved and you can feel it as soon as you start playing the way car handles is different.
    I am getting an error message when game is trying to connect to online server way too often so far so hope they fix this.
  24. Aug 9, 2020
    While the core gameplay mechanics has changed very little the addition of having a career mode as a new constructor adds enough to the game to make it feel fresh. I would only like to see future iterations to include scenario modes of classic grand prix and perhaps even a story with your rival.
  25. Aug 24, 2020
    F1 2020 is GREAT! I'll be honest... I'm a Gran Turismo fan, so I was hesitant at first since codemasters F1 games were 100% simulation and very unforgiving. But now with the casual option, the driving feels exactly like GT.
  26. Nov 11, 2020
    I really enjoy the F1 games and this is the first one I’m going to review. The gameplay in my opinion although fairly challenging is as realistic as it can currently get. I’ve been playing on a controller, but plan to get a racing wheel along with the PS5 to really get the most out of this. The my team mode is a fantastic addition to this series, really fun working from the bottom to theI really enjoy the F1 games and this is the first one I’m going to review. The gameplay in my opinion although fairly challenging is as realistic as it can currently get. I’ve been playing on a controller, but plan to get a racing wheel along with the PS5 to really get the most out of this. The my team mode is a fantastic addition to this series, really fun working from the bottom to the top with a user created team. This may be a bit to easy from a competitive and realistic stand point though. The fact they added micro transactions for car skins and suits is a very disappointing move for this franchise. If your thinking of trying this for the first time expect a steep learning curve and I suggest doing some research on which assists to use/turn off to help you improve yet get the most from this fantastic game. Expand
  27. Aug 25, 2020
    Ok game is good. It would be nice if this game was out today. But this game has a history and foundation. F1 2020 is just an update in my opinion. everything is a little thicker and wearing makeup. It's easier to race. Vehicle controls are easier. There are big problems online. They didn't think much about the design of the game. Everything is simple except for a few major design changes. I mean, I perceive this as an insult to players who have played for years. It's a great game for new players. but just update and insult for players who played previous episodes. I'm sorry but we're not stupid. We see what you want to do. If 1 year is not enough to release a new game, do not release it.
  28. Jul 13, 2021
    This is no ordinary F1 game, noo, this time Codemaster implemented something new and innovative, the My Team mode, which is probably the only thing you would wanna play on this F1 title. I played some F1 managers games and from my perspective, there are almost perfect, you have so many option, from upgrading you car, to dealing with driver and sponsor contracts. just so many thing to do,This is no ordinary F1 game, noo, this time Codemaster implemented something new and innovative, the My Team mode, which is probably the only thing you would wanna play on this F1 title. I played some F1 managers games and from my perspective, there are almost perfect, you have so many option, from upgrading you car, to dealing with driver and sponsor contracts. just so many thing to do, and one thing to clear, My Team mode is like an F1 manager with the old-known F1 career, so yes, you are the driver and the manager of your team.
    I also love the fact that you can buy liveries and many other things from the item shop, but even if you don't want to spend in-game currency for those things, there are still many customisation options.
    After so many years, 10 to be precise, they have implemented the split screen, so yes, from the F1 2011 (that was the last game which had split screen mode) there were no split screen mode available.
    They also added the career with full F2 season and many old F1 cars from the Ayrton Senna Mclaren till the RedBull and other F1 cars from 2010.
    Good thing with this game is the amount of flexibility you have while changing your difficulty settings, you can transform it into an arcade racing game (for those without any experience in driving), or into and F1 simulation, according to which level of experience you have in F1 game or any other racing game.
    All in all, from all those racing games available, this is the one which is a MUST PLAY game because it gives you so much new things to try, new game modes, new cars and new tracks, when playing, I haven't found any issues nor bugs, so yes from my perspective, this game is perfect.
  29. Jul 7, 2020
    THIS is the best Race simute of generation ps4 and Xbox One and pc is Amazing
  30. Jul 7, 2020
    for a Single Player, this is the best experience with a F1 game I've ever had, this game has all the features previous games had and even more, create your own team and manage it creates a whole new longevity for the game, Codies is doing a great job.
  31. Jul 21, 2020
    the best game so far from the series! myteam is a lot of fun and it is pushing you to keep playing and improving! still some bluescreens back to the main menu in time trial which is kind of annoying. the presentation made a step backwards, long loading screens is the result of minus 1 point. the second minus point is for the AI, there is an improvement but not enough. the AI sticks to thethe best game so far from the series! myteam is a lot of fun and it is pushing you to keep playing and improving! still some bluescreens back to the main menu in time trial which is kind of annoying. the presentation made a step backwards, long loading screens is the result of minus 1 point. the second minus point is for the AI, there is an improvement but not enough. the AI sticks to the racing line, no drifts out of the track, not even in heavy rain. no mistakes for them at all so far. further the AI can get mechanical issues which results in a DNF, but you cannot get an engine blow up or something similar which costs a lot of realism. Expand
  32. Jul 8, 2020
    I played alot of f12019 but this bad boy (f12020) fills in all the gaps, it plays great on both controller & steering wheel, It's hands down the best f1 game iv ever played & just incase your on the fence like i was GIVE IT A GO - IT'S AWESOME..
  33. Jul 8, 2020
    Really good game. If you like Formula 1 then you will like this game. Definitely worth buying!
  34. Jul 9, 2020
    Alguns pontos de clara evolução, o som dos carros são os melhores já feitos, o My Team era algo necessário e foi muito bem introduzido, apesar de claramente poder melhorar. Os 2 circuitos novos bem reproduzidos. Poderiam ter mudado as animações como pódio e entrevistas. A parte gráfica acrddito que está no limite dessa geração, podendo evoluir no ps5.
  35. Jul 9, 2020
    Awesome game. My team is really nice! Split-screen is Ok but I felt the graphics poor.
  36. Jul 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Отличная игра, лучшая F1, в отличии от других спортсимов реально что то новое каждый год придумывают Expand
  37. Jul 13, 2020
    Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game. Good Game.
  38. Jul 15, 2020
    Awesome improvements in very short period. I really like My Team mode, engine sounds are greater this year, the last year there was so many rainy weather but this year I see rarely. There are few minor bugs but I believe Codemasters will solve the problems.
  39. Jul 16, 2020
    My Team Carrer is very good feature. But there are some failure and errors that I have see in “last lap” mode. There aren’t the new Mercedes black car and, if is possibile, I would ask to put in the game Mugello Circuit. After this upload the game will be perfect.
  40. Jul 18, 2020
    Nice game with a lot of improvements according to f1 2019.
    The new manager mode is really good and give u a lot of creativity
  41. Jul 19, 2020
    Good game except for some lags here and there KI is definitely better than last year My Team is a great mode
  42. Jul 22, 2020
    Great racing and I love the build your team is fantastic if it wasn't for those stupid interviews you have to do and your teammate drives like an old lady on a mobility scooter. But besides those two issues it is a great game for any F1 fan
  43. Jul 22, 2020
    Of makin change the word an is fall to wake up
    We are now in show at the cow
  44. Jul 30, 2020
    Best f1 game so far, really addicting. At First really hard to learn, but after like 15-30 play hohes definitly worth it and satisfying
  45. Aug 1, 2020
    My Team mode adds something great in this year’s game. Best F1 game in a while because of that!
  46. Aug 12, 2020
    great game, especially the my team mode and career mode, it also has split screen and online which is good if you want to play with others.
  47. Sep 15, 2020
    The handling with the wheel feels really good and the new ers system is definitely better than the old especially for qualifying. But there are still many bugs in the multiplayermode.
  48. Oct 2, 2020
  49. Oct 18, 2020
    Very good game, the Only lack is that they could have changed more from last year.
  50. Nov 4, 2020
    Wow this is one of the best games i played. myteam is nice. and the upgrades that you can do is very nice in career mode. So i say go buy it as you love f1 or f2 good luck:)
  51. Jan 16, 2021
    This game is great. I"m using it on PS4 pro. Only thing i can"t forgive here is the content. Codies just removed some Classic F1 cars, and they just replaced it with some others. There is a lack of DLC content, they should add more classic tracks in to the game like they did in F1 2013. They improved some things from 2019 season, but still very similar game. So if you don"t own 2019 seasonThis game is great. I"m using it on PS4 pro. Only thing i can"t forgive here is the content. Codies just removed some Classic F1 cars, and they just replaced it with some others. There is a lack of DLC content, they should add more classic tracks in to the game like they did in F1 2013. They improved some things from 2019 season, but still very similar game. So if you don"t own 2019 season than this game is must have for all F1 fans. If there is more classic content my score will be 10/10 Expand
  52. Jan 13, 2021
    Well, what an F1 game. Been playing F1 games since PS2 and always thought F1 97 was the best fun. To be honest I haven't bought one for a few years as they were just the same; few tweaks here and there, better graphics but they soon became a bit samey. However, I liked the look and sound of this one so gave it a go. This game, imo, is a game-changer. It is so much fun to drive theseWell, what an F1 game. Been playing F1 games since PS2 and always thought F1 97 was the best fun. To be honest I haven't bought one for a few years as they were just the same; few tweaks here and there, better graphics but they soon became a bit samey. However, I liked the look and sound of this one so gave it a go. This game, imo, is a game-changer. It is so much fun to drive these cars now. The feel of the car without assists is just awesome, so easy to lock up wheels etc you really have to concentrate now. My main criticism has always been the AI. I play on console with joypad and always found the AI was either too easy or too difficult so soon became boring. The new slider (may have been in previously but new to me) means I can set the AI to realistic speeds. The Team owner/driver is amazing. I'm in a new team so set AI slider so that if I nail qualifying I will struggle to make Q2; as it should be. This means that as my car improves and so does my driving I can hopefully move up the grid. There is also so many things to adjust and tweak which really make a difference. For me this is by far the best racing sim I have played on console. If you like racing games and F1 this game is simply a must. Expand
  53. Jan 31, 2021
    Very well developed, very good game. split screen is a very nice feature. My Team career is tremendous.
  54. Mar 1, 2021
    F1 2020 is a great game with new options, just sad that Codemasters are now EA property
  55. Oct 21, 2021
    The sense of speed is amazing, unlike other circuit racing games, F1 can enter and exit corners faster, very good game
  56. Nov 15, 2021
    Ranked Mode = Cancer It is impossible to finish the race without getting involves in a stupid accident. the game never penalizes the driver who caused the accident. If you dont to go crazy, dont start at all. Insay this as a user who has done more than 200 ranked races.
  57. Jan 31, 2022
    What horrific graphics and gameplay. Nothing makes up for the graphics and general poor quality gameplay. I can't comprehend how this has a good rating. I've seen nicer mobile games. Pass on this one unless your an F1 fan boy.
  58. Feb 15, 2022
  59. Apr 25, 2022
    The game is Better than f1 2021. Just the phisycs in 21 is better, but if i need to chose only only one. Will be f12020

Generally favorable reviews - based on 44 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 8, 2020
    F1 2020 provides one of the best racing modes where every aspect of your own F1 team is highly manageable and customizable. It is well balanced, providing great experience to new players, as much as seasoned sim racers, and it is a true showing of one of the greatest racing games of this generation.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 7, 2020
    Latest F1 game is more than solid addition to the still growing family of racing games. F1 2020’s biggest strength is My Team mode, which allows you to run your own racing team from the manager’s perspective. [Issue#305]
  3. Aug 6, 2020
    Whilst it may seem daunting, there’s a wealth of things to do in F1 2020 for newcomers and hardcore devotees alike.