5.2

1. May 20, 2020
    | am glad they changed the format of Fallout even if it took a while to get into. It is more Borderlands action packed shooter than a ARPG with shooting mechanics. Played the game back to back with the female/male characters. I enjoyed all of the shooting, looting, crafting and exploring. I had a lot of fun with the upgradeable power armors and the weapons.

The "base game" settlement

The "base game" settlement building side was a bit basic and simplified. How Junk items are broken down into way lighter core components is limited to settlements only. So this can lead to a grindy chore if wanting to lighten the Power Armour repair resource load on the go. Settlers can be used as mules to transport the junk, but only between settlements and not in the field. The junk sorting process is also a grind when using settlers as mules. Hundreds of junk items, but no way to group them by core components.

Short story I picked up the GOTY edition on a retail sale, because it worked out cheaper than buying all the DLC separately digitally for the base game that I already have beaten twice.. This is the best version of the game for sure. The additional add-on settlement content alone gets rid of the of the logistic head ache of getting round commune dormitory type settlements.

I have a lot of fun replaying this game and I have passed my third replay, but this game runs like total crap in the large downtown Boston area ( and other areas). I have even used in-store PSN F04 mods to try and improve performance, but to little avail. I am really struggling to replay it now due to overdosing on the crappy performance issues for the umpteenth time.
  2. Nov 22, 2018
    This GOTY version is one of the worst that I have seen... is the same standar disc with the dlc codes... the same bugs and problems of the first version... the game crashes suddenly... a bad way to treat a very good game
  3. Jun 24, 2019
    My score based on my criteria:

Graphics: 9- The graphics for the game is very good considering the game engine they have. SFX: 7- They weren't horrible, but they weren't bad at all either. Music: 7- Though the ambient music is pretty good, it gets kind of old pretty quick, but I did enjoy the mix of songs they included on the radio stations, though there could have been a couple
    My score based on my criteria:

SFX: 7- They weren't horrible, but they weren't bad at all either.

Music: 7- Though the ambient music is pretty good, it gets kind of old pretty quick, but I did enjoy the mix of songs they included on the radio stations, though there could have been a couple more.

Gameplay: 8- The button mapping took a bit of getting used to but once I did it felt pretty intuitive. Combat felt satisfying, most of the time. Would have given a 10, but base building mechanics was a pretty big hassle, though I, personally, loved the concept.

Story: 6- The story line in this game was a well executed bad story line. It had it's plot twist but wasn't too complicated.

Stability: 4- As with Skyrim, Fallout 4 has it's fair share of bugs and crashes. And in certain parts of the game it suffers from frame rate drops, especially if running mods.

All in all, I think this a pretty good game. I think it could have been better, but I definitely got many hours of enjoyment out of it.

There are no critic reviews yet.