6.6

1. Nov 16, 2015
    This is a review to negate my early review (of about 10 hours play) rated at 6.

This is a review to negate my early review (of about 10 hours play) rated at 6.

This game gets its hooks in you. As pro site reviewer said, "the details make it." That sentiment is right. The deja vu is strong in the first 10-20 hours, and it doesn't hold your hand–and that's when you realize that's what makes this game shine. The homesteader aspect of defending whatever garage/outpost; treating the power armor as a "vehicle"–these are the little touches that makes me wish I had played this game with fresh eyes. But Fallout 3 colored my first dozen or so hours. Fans won't be disappointed; it just make take some time before you realize it.
  2. Nov 14, 2015
    Man, this is one hell of a game. First i'll start with the positives:

Man, this is one hell of a game. First i'll start with the positives:

Amazing combat, great open world, great story, SO MUCH stuff to do, deep customization system for armor, weapons, etc. So many ways to level up your character, the perks system is fantastic and i love the old school theme the game has. Joining different factions is awesome and keeps the game interesting, power armor is a nice touch. Now the negatives:

There are still a few bugs in the game, but you can easily get past them, I'd hate to sound like a broken record but the textures and animations are a little outdated compared to other games on the PS4.

Fallout 4 is simply amazing, especially for someone who has never played a fallout game, i was stunned at simply how much there is to do. Don't listen to the childish trolls who are giving this low scores just because they love to hate, try this out for yourself!
  3. Nov 10, 2015
    Bought the game a five hours ago and I'm going to give a 100% honest review about it.

Fallout 4 is a massive game. In the strategy guide there's roughly 150 quests and I estimate the map is about as big as skyrim's, but there seems to be a higher density of areas to explore with fewer mountains and whatnot in the way to make the map feel bigger than it actually is. In comparison to

In comparison to previous Fallouts people keep saying it isn't a big step up. I disagree with them, but I will admit the facial expression are a bit stiff and lip syncing is a tiny bit off. Some people dislike the aesthetics of the game because they went with a much more punchy and bright color pallet rather than just make everything poop brown and puke green like Fallout 3. I actually enjoyed the more colorful environments.

Looking at the pc specs this game is technically graphically superior to any other game out right now even if some people are saying the graphics are not very good. I honestly thought the graphics looked amazing, but I'm just putting it out there that not everybody shares my opinion and some people think games like Witcher 3 actually have better graphics. Personally, I don't think it should matter all that much because it's really about gameplay, not graphics.

Gameplay wise what Fallout 4 brings to the table over previous games is a vastly improved combat system, much better balance regarding things like stimpacks and perks, and overall more challenge on higher difficulties. Gun play feels almost exactly like Call of Duty instead of very stiff and clunky like New Vegas. You definitely will feel noticeable improvements on how guns and things handle regarding sight clarity, draw animations, sway, recoil, and smoothness adjusting aim. Movement also feels more in line with Call of Duty. Sprint is in the game and is balanced by taking away action points to use in vats, a great mechanic imo that adds more fluidity and better pacing to everything. In other words you no longer have to worry about slowly plodding from one area to the next making for less overall downtime to deal with.

What this game offers over Destiny, which probably it's main competition atm is a much more engaging story and much much more content than Destiny could ever hope to deliver. I mean in comparison I finished Destiny including all story missions, all strikes, and the two raids in about 20 hours. The story missions in the vanilla game itself you could easily get through in about 5 hours. Even if all 150 quests take a half hour each you are still talking about 75 hours of content to go through so even the most viscous haters on here would have to admit at minimum this game at least offers a lot in quantity of content even if one could make an argument about the quality of it.

Sound wise Fallout 4 offers MUCH more voice actors than previous games leading to much more variations in how npcs interact. Games like Elder Scrolls online will recycle the same voice actors. It's not like that in this game. I also enjoyed how gun sounds have much more "oomph" than Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Everything sounded like it really had impact and the blood splatter in response seemed really satisfying. Unfortunately, didn't like the music track in the game so far, but oh well.

People on here are complaining about very specific nitpicky issues with the game like for instance the facial expression/lip syncing issue, a few specific non game breaking bugs, color aestetics, and blah, blah, blah.

All I got to say is please examine the facts for yourself. I encourage anybody reading this to just look at the amount of content and all the customization and what you are getting here and then decide based on that rather than some extremely specific little thing somebody is complaining about.

I assure you this game has a lot of bang to offer for your 60 bucks and well deserves 10/10 in my very honest opinion.
  4. Nov 20, 2015
    Ok, here is my review to negate my 10 from earlier. I have put about 28 hours into this game and honestly, I am just as impressed as I figured I would be. It's a very good game to me. Not a 10, but I am not even sure what a game would have to be to get a 10 from me. The graphics are awesome. I loved the color rather than the drab, boring atmosphere of New Vegas. The companions are actuallyOk, here is my review to negate my 10 from earlier. I have put about 28 hours into this game and honestly, I am just as impressed as I figured I would be. It's a very good game to me. Not a 10, but I am not even sure what a game would have to be to get a 10 from me. The graphics are awesome. I loved the color rather than the drab, boring atmosphere of New Vegas. The companions are actually interesting and have personalities. The combat is improved, but vats is still pretty much a necessity about 65% of the time. The ability to reconstruct the wasteland was incredible. It has been over 200 years, time for humanity to start rebuilding. The weapon and armor modding is good.
    Here's what I didn't like. Too much reliances upon the "Charisma" skill tree. You couldn't have settlement stores until your charisma was a 6. Bad movement of your character when placed in a bind. If you get surrounded by enemies, you might as well just wait for game to reload. You're not going to get out of situation. Your decisions don't really seem to impact the world. Now this doesn't too far stray from Bethesda's modus operandi because in Oblivion your decisions meant nothing, in Fallout 3 your decisions meant nothing, in Skyrim your decisions meant nothing, but it's still disappointing. I was hoping for a more Witcheresque decision influence in the game. Haven't seen it thus far.
    With all of this being said, so far, I have still thoroughly enjoyed the game. It MIGHT even be, alongside Witcher 3, a game of the year contender for me.
  5. Nov 11, 2015
    I actually bought this game today and have been playing for a few hours. I'm only leaving this review to cancel out some of the completely exaggerated negative reviews on here. I've read a bunch of them and it just feels like they are copying really generic 'criticism' from the **** video game board. It's obvious most of the people leaving 1/10 reviews have not even played the game and areI actually bought this game today and have been playing for a few hours. I'm only leaving this review to cancel out some of the completely exaggerated negative reviews on here. I've read a bunch of them and it just feels like they are copying really generic 'criticism' from the **** video game board. It's obvious most of the people leaving 1/10 reviews have not even played the game and are just on a hate campaign against Bethesda for whatever reason.

The game feels like a vastly improved version of fallout 3, with better character interaction and smoother combat. It's a FPS/RPG hybrid like FO3, but you can tell they decided to take it in a more action-oriented direction. However, statistics are still a big part of the game and you have to plan in advance which perks you want to get or you'll end up with a gimped character. If you enjoyed FO3 or FO NV, you will also enjoy this title. My biggest issue with the game thus far is some minor technical issues, but I'm sure they will be resolved with the next patch. However, I have not encountered any major technical issues or bugs and the game plays smoothly pretty much the entire time.

I advice everyone to disregard the clearly biased hateful reviews and make up their own mind. If you liked any of the 3D fallout titles, chances are you will fall in love with this latest incarnation as well.
  6. Nov 23, 2015
    Fallout 4 is a massive success. I believe the negative reactions surrounding it's graphics have been greatly exaggerated. The lighting effects are great, the color that was completely absent in previous titles is now vibrant and plentiful while not taking away from the fact that you are in a wasteland. The world itself looks drastically different depending on the time or day andFallout 4 is a massive success. I believe the negative reactions surrounding it's graphics have been greatly exaggerated. The lighting effects are great, the color that was completely absent in previous titles is now vibrant and plentiful while not taking away from the fact that you are in a wasteland. The world itself looks drastically different depending on the time or day and weather, which in previous titles never changed. The gunplay has been improved upon to where if you run out of action points shooting doesn't feel wrong and is actually quite fun. The game world itself is jam packed with things to do around every corner, space has not been wasted here. The crafting system and addition of settlements is receiving less praise than it deserves. Thie entire world truely is a sandbox for you to mold and shape to you're liking, from the story to the actual physical environments. The voice acting is much improved and the fact that your character has a voice in my opinion adds to the level of immersion. Character models are very hit and miss some you can see a significant imrovement while others are just downright bad. The framerate studders quite a bit but overall does not take away from the experience. Overall the technical issues are no worse or better than any of Bethesdas other big titles and as with their other games does not really take away from the experience. Expand
  7. May 12, 2016
    I gave this game a pretty stingy review at first... But despite all it's shortcomings, which are many, the game really grew on me... Now I have plowed through it, and there is not a location left to discover or a side quest left to take... Kudos for a bumpy, but in the end, pretty interesting, and most addictive journey.
    But all things aside, I must say it was a total bull**** move to not
    But all things aside, I must say it was a total bull**** move to not make the Jetpack be able to fully fly... total anticlimax... but that's my only real grudge..
  8. Nov 11, 2015
    I've seen alot of people bash this game and i have no idea why. Having played Fallout 1,2 &3 before along with every TES game released, this is another fantastic title. Is it different from previous iterations? Ofcourse.. Is the story a little flaky sometimes, most definitely. Could the graphics of been better? Well that depends if your playing next-gen consoles or PC. For me, this game isI've seen alot of people bash this game and i have no idea why. Having played Fallout 1,2 &3 before along with every TES game released, this is another fantastic title. Is it different from previous iterations? Ofcourse.. Is the story a little flaky sometimes, most definitely. Could the graphics of been better? Well that depends if your playing next-gen consoles or PC. For me, this game is a fantastic achievement any anybody that downgrades this game based on its graphics is not a true gamer. The content is extensive, the gameplay is fun, the weapon choices are incredible.... JUNK GUN!!! Id give it a solid 9/10 due to its few shortfalls.

What it comes down to is that i enjoy playing this, alot. Thats what games are about (enjoying them and being entertained). As others have mentioned, it does feel alot of these reviews are one-trick ponys having never left a review before and signed up just to bash.
  9. Nov 11, 2015
    This is only my opinion and thoughts on the game. Okay, so we all know the game's not perfect, and it did not live up to all of the hype, but in my opinion it's still very enjoyable. So there are lots of bugs and glitches which can get annoying or even not let you carry on with the game. This is one of the biggest problems with the game (I'm sure they'll patch them soon though). Many ofThis is only my opinion and thoughts on the game. Okay, so we all know the game's not perfect, and it did not live up to all of the hype, but in my opinion it's still very enjoyable. So there are lots of bugs and glitches which can get annoying or even not let you carry on with the game. This is one of the biggest problems with the game (I'm sure they'll patch them soon though). Many of the things they had previously promised were not included in the final product which kinda sucks. The story can feel dull at times and slow. The fact is that it's basically the same old thing as Fallout 3, just a different story and some new additions thrown in there. The graphics aren't great but they surely aren't terrible. Character's faces can look really ugly at times but everything else seems to be alright. And it's not like Fallout New Vegas was anything spectacular for 2010. The gunplay is very fun and pretty addicting, I have no complaints there, and the crafting system is pretty good (although sometimes it gets annoying when things don't fit into places correctly). Overall it is a good game, and a good addition to the Fallout franchise, but before you buy it you might want to wait until it is patched and up to standards. I don't agree with most of these ratings all at 0, and I know all those people aren't going to agree with me either, but I think the reason all these people are so butthurt about it is because there was way to much hype for this game, and the final product failed to meet that hype. I have been thoroughly enjoying the game so far at about 10 hours in, and the thing is that if you judge the game based of the other Fallout games quality then people will say it sucks, but on it's own, it's pretty good. Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2015
    Don't you hate it when people give a game zero that they haven't even played. Fallout 4 came out yesterday, it's a 40 hour game. So your telling me you beat that whole 40 hours yesterday, either your super good or a liar. I dont think you should review a game unless you beat it because Fallout 4 is a massive game and there is always something that someone will like. And 0, really!! A zeroDon't you hate it when people give a game zero that they haven't even played. Fallout 4 came out yesterday, it's a 40 hour game. So your telling me you beat that whole 40 hours yesterday, either your super good or a liar. I dont think you should review a game unless you beat it because Fallout 4 is a massive game and there is always something that someone will like. And 0, really!! A zero is a game like Big Rigs or Rogue Warrior that are almost unplayable, if you want to compare Fallout 4 with Big Rigs than your standards are way too high. Most of the people creating fake accounts and fake reviews are Witcher 3 fans that feel threatened by this game. Expand
  11. Nov 11, 2015
    The only thing i can complain about is the controls at PC and some loading screens last a bit long. The graphics are better than expected, not best you´ve ever seen but good and it runs stable. Bethesda did a good job and i don´t get why so many people are complaining, its an worthy addition to the Fallout series because it improved many aspects of the previous games. Your choices haveThe only thing i can complain about is the controls at PC and some loading screens last a bit long. The graphics are better than expected, not best you´ve ever seen but good and it runs stable. Bethesda did a good job and i don´t get why so many people are complaining, its an worthy addition to the Fallout series because it improved many aspects of the previous games. Your choices have impact on the story, crafting, weapon modification, the armor system .. all this is way better than before (there are more improvements but i dont want to turn this into a novel). 9.5/10
    oh and sorry for my English I´m not a native speaker
  12. Nov 11, 2015
    Forgot Final Fantasy VII and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, this is the greatest game ever made. The graphics are amazingly beautiful, the story and quests are fantastic and the gameplay is perfect. No game will ever be better than this one. This is the pinnacle of video games.
    Also, all the people leaving 0s are trolls that are mad because their mommy won't buy the game for them.
  13. Nov 11, 2015
    Amazing. Simply, amazing. I cannot believe the amount of 0/10 reviews. NEVER take a 0/10 seriously. That score is reserved for ET for Atari. Anyone who gives a score like that to a game is pissed off at something. Either they suck, or the game didn't bring their mother back like they were hoping. Seriously, what did people want from another Fallout game? Do you **** even know what youAmazing. Simply, amazing. I cannot believe the amount of 0/10 reviews. NEVER take a 0/10 seriously. That score is reserved for ET for Atari. Anyone who gives a score like that to a game is pissed off at something. Either they suck, or the game didn't bring their mother back like they were hoping. Seriously, what did people want from another Fallout game? Do you **** even know what you wanted? Did you want Fallout 4 to pay off your back taxes? Wash your car every day for the next six years? WHAT THE HELL. This game is everything you'd want in another Fallout and more. Literally ignore the negative reviews. I'd go as far as to say that every single one is from a complete idiot. Expand
  14. Nov 11, 2015
    This game, Oh boy this game. This game may hold a different graphic style than how people are used to, but I love it, it is so beautiful , The weapons and shooting system are amazing, The story from what I saw is just as good. Disregard the 388 negative reviews, because this is such an amazing game.
  15. Nov 11, 2015
    I wouldn't call it perfect,but with so many people giving it horrible scores just for being a little buggy i'm giving it a 10. Bethesda continues to amaze with every game they drop and Fallout 4 is no different. From the amazing story to the great Boston landscape i'm 20 hours in and still don't wanna put the controller down.
  16. Nov 11, 2015
    Don't let the crying coming from entitled 2015 gamers fool you: This is a great game more than deserving of the praise it's been given. This game is proof graphics don't matter, but any real gamer could have already told you that.

Fallout 4 offers exciting game play in an immersive world. There is very little wrong with the game, though it still isn't perfect. However, the story is great and there are great new additions to the game, even if some old ones were taken out (which isn't a big deal). The game can be buggy at times, but the bugginess of the game isn't as bad as people on the internet would lead you to believe.

The controls are smooth, the story is great, and the game puts you into a haunting post-apocalyptic world.

Just remember when you read reviews from people online: The internet is full of people that use the internet, and 2015 is the year of gamer self entitlement. If a game isn't what a gamer wants it to be they'll get on the internet and complain and nitpick until the tips of their fingers bleed. Nitpicking flaws (real or perceived) isn't the way to prove a game is bad. If you're one of the people that can't see the forest for the trees you won't like it, but if you can see the game as a whole (like a smart person) you will like this game.
  17. Nov 11, 2015
    master piece just like 3 10/10 game of the year so many trolls giving it 4's or lower DONT LISTEN already played 5 hours and love every second of it feels just like the old fallout 3 but with tighter controls and better gameplay
  18. Nov 11, 2015
    Great game, not sure why it's attracting so much trollage. While i do miss some elements like karma, reputation, and the old voice system, it's vastly improved in so many respects. world is so big and the questlines are fantastic
  19. Nov 11, 2015
    Amazing game! Much better story than in F3, beautiful graphics and great crafting system. Ever since I left Vault 111 it took my attention like sponge. I recommend this game to everyone who likes post-apo games. Absolutely No. 1! (Maybe except for Skyrim). I completely don't understand those, who rate it 0. I suppose it is the first game they have ever played.
  20. Nov 11, 2015
    Caught myself looking for scrap to build new stuff while walking the streets in my town and I even dream about the game, so I'm giving it a solid 10 to offset the **** by people that repeat pre-release reddit soundbites incl. several lies (the 5-10min walk) and don't sound like they even own it or have spent more than 5 hours.

I guess this game is targeted at people like me, ie a casual

I guess this game is targeted at people like me, ie a casual gamer, not hard-core with mega-skills or hundreds of hours to spend to level up (hello Destiny), not familiar with the previous games. Sure, the facial animations are last-gen, the dialogue mechanism is stilted/annoying, but who cares… game-play is engrossing, environment is consistent and above all beautiful… I keep discovering new stuff.
  21. Nov 10, 2015
    People seem to be getting off on bombing triple A game user scores on metacritic. It's the kind of thing a virgin does. The critics have got it right. Listen to them, this game is fantastic. Massively better than fallout 3 or nv. Ignore the people making hundreds of accounts to downscore this game. They're probably ugly/overweight and full of spite.
  22. Nov 11, 2015
    Game is rather amazing, a lot of people are complaining about bugs and graphics. I've played for just over ten hours now and I've noticed near to no bugs, I can't argue however that there won't be bugs. This is a bethesda game after all but people are going low as 3 - 5 just over bugs that cause no real distractions or mixes towards the game.
  23. Nov 11, 2015
    Im very impressed with this game so far. Beautiful open world thats fun to explore, great graphics (actuality better then i expected), the fps system is excellent and you can play the whole game without needing to use vats. One of the best crafting systems of any game. Def my fav fallout game so far.

20 hrs in and so far i have encountered zero bugs (ps4 digital copy). No crashing, no rubberbanding, no noticeable frame rate drops. I dont see why this game is getting so many low scores. Realistically it prob deserves an 8 or 9 but i rated it higher to compensate for all the ridiculously low scores the haters are giving

I see this game as almost like an rpg/fps hybrid. If you enjoy both you will prob enjoy this game. But if you are super hardcore about your rpgs then you may not enjoy it as much as some of the other fallout games. Ive always played games more for the adventure and exploration then for story and characters. If you want quality writing, story and characters read GOT. If you want to have fun shooting up baddies while exploring a beautiful exciting world then play fallout 4.
  24. Nov 10, 2015
    Uncanny the number of accounts giving this game a 0 where it's their first review. I don't know what motivation these people have to tank the score besides just having no life and being bitter, angry trolls. The graphics in Bethesda games have always been about appreciating things on a macro scale, not analyzing every texture and animation. It's about taking in the world as a whole andUncanny the number of accounts giving this game a 0 where it's their first review. I don't know what motivation these people have to tank the score besides just having no life and being bitter, angry trolls. The graphics in Bethesda games have always been about appreciating things on a macro scale, not analyzing every texture and animation. It's about taking in the world as a whole and Bethesda has generated a masterpiece equivalent to Skyrim with this. Negative reviews criticizing the addition of nothing new have either not played the game or very little of it. Weapon crafting, town building, power armor as a fully functioning equipment set- that's only a fraction of the new mechanics added. Anyone who can hate this game never loved Fallout in the first place or just shouldn't be playing video games. Expand
  25. Nov 10, 2015
    Improved graphically , but playable for improved and there is a change from his predecessors, new mechanics , map bigger , everything bigger and hours of fun .
  26. Kyr
    Nov 11, 2015
    I have never been had such a great experience and fun in a game, i have waited for this game since the day they launched the trailer, playing now and im not one bit disappointed,i just don't understand so much of the hate..
  27. Nov 11, 2015
    Hi,
    Would like to add my two penny worth.
    How any sane human being can rate this game 0 is beyond me.
    How insulting to the people who developed this game for the enjoyment of others.
    No game is worth a zero score, all have some merit.
    Get a life and stop dragging negativity into peoples lives.
  28. Nov 10, 2015
    I created an account just because of the trend that is happening on Metacritic user reviews. Basically, it has become detached from the gaming itself. For most people who enjoy the game, they are playing it right now.

It is a loooong game. Don't believe any reviews from people on here. Recognize that the game is an upgraded version of Fallout 3. That is, and I feel like an idiot for saying this but I guess people don't understand, that is why there is a 4 at the end. Things have changed, people hate change.

Special is way better and the perk tree is top notch. There is FPS drop sometimes (I've yet to have it last longer that 1-2 seconds at a time). The graphics are great for PS4. If you can't take the graphics, why are you even playing a console? Get a computer. It will ALWAYS be the best graphical version. You don't have to go to town after every instance to repair your guns and armor...I can't even believe people are griping about that. Yes, there is building in this game. It's not vital as far as I can tell...just something a little extra. I heard someone complain the wasteland doesn't feel ALIVE. Ummm..it's a freaking wasteland? What are you expecting?

Anyway, so since everyone is playing the game (just check twitch and see the numbers for yourself) it leaves the salty trolls here on Metacritic all by themselves. This was a triple A release and look how many people have taken the time to even rate it on here. The community is dying and only you are left...ironically killing it faster.

Long story short, is this game the best thing since sliced bread? Not even. Why would you even be looking for that kind of thing in a video game? Is it a great game? Yes.
  29. Nov 10, 2015
    So.. the game is getting some love.. and unfortunately alot of hate too, this is what i was going to post as my steam review:

(Will probably edit when having played a more but this is what i have to say after about a few hours in.) Don't get affected by metascores and reviews, this is a game you have to experiment if you are a fan! New players might not understand the world, the

New players might not understand the world, the quests, the characters, the gameplay or the graphics.
    I say this, if you are not a fan of fallout, go and play something else, this game isn't for you.
    It's based of old school ideas and mechanics brought by the devs that accompany this incredible universe.
    It is dedicated to the old school players fan of the series.
    If you are indeed a true fallout and Bethesda fan. By this game now!

I was so excited and scared. Now i can safely say i am at peace.
    This game brought all i hoped for and even greater elements i didn't expect.
    I personally haven't gotten one bug, you could argue npc stutter and character animations are not that great. But this is a compromise Bethesda makes, because no game, to this day, can beat the freedom of choice, exploration, character advancement and customization quite like Bethesda does.
    They have not bowed down too public opinion. They have proudly stood for their name and i support it 100%.

The game looks beautiful, the world looks amazingly well handcrafted. Different weather and atmospheres changes ( You have epic fallout storms, getting irradiated from them). The overall feel gives you the chills of the wasteland. Viusally a much closer adaptations of the old school fallout and even the soundtrack is spot on. Really captures the vibe.

The crafting is a superb element, adding countless hours of sandboxing in the game, and even almost feeling like a trus survival wasteland game. Watching your radiation, building shelter.. Scraping and crafting. It's excellent.
    Charater and creatures animations are much smother, feel real and present. (Deathclaws, supermutants, ghouls, all freaky as hell!!)
    sound effect are then ever.
    And my god, that voice acting!! (Major improvement from past titles!!)

For me, as a fallout fanatic. A long time Bethesda regular, i give this game a 10/10.
    Of course if you are new and not familiar with Bethesda, you will probably not agree with this rating...

But you fans out there, TODD HOWARD DID IT AGAIN!!
  30. Nov 11, 2015
    I only made this review because /v/ is full of idiots. It's obviously not a 4.7/10 game and it deserves a 7/10 at the very least. Because some neckbeards on a popular board want more weeb JRPGs, this game is getting flooded with shill 0/10 reviews, and that's freaking ridiculous.
  31. Nov 11, 2015
    I'm not sure I'm playing the same game as all the people that gave it negative reviews. The one I'm playing is a fun engaging RPG with my favourite satisfying VATS system. Was there 2 versions released?
  32. Dec 28, 2015
    Fallout 4 is a step back from Fallout 3 in terms of spectacle and ditches some of the mechanics that made its predecessor work so well. But, it's still Fallout and more of the same. It's a fun game for 25 hours or so, but definitely doesn't have the staying power like Fallout 3,4, New Vegas, or Skyrim. Hopefully add on content can add depth to this fully fleshed world
  33. Nov 11, 2015
    This game is flat out amazing in every aspect. The crafting has been vastly improved, the leveling up system feels great and is exciting, the environment designs feel more real and impressive than any game I've played. The combat is more satisfying than any Fallout title to date. The graphics and visuals are breathtakingly beautiful. The looting system is awesome. Every item in the gameThis game is flat out amazing in every aspect. The crafting has been vastly improved, the leveling up system feels great and is exciting, the environment designs feel more real and impressive than any game I've played. The combat is more satisfying than any Fallout title to date. The graphics and visuals are breathtakingly beautiful. The looting system is awesome. Every item in the game now has a use because of the new crafting/modding system, and some loot is even slightly "Diablo-esque" with some items being obviously significantly greater. The companion you get early on is the best, and so easy to care about. Any negative reviews you see here are just dufuses who are all butthurt because they can't afford or can't run the game, period. Expand
  34. Nov 10, 2015
    So, it really upsets me because people are giving this a bad review because of its graphics. When has there ever been a Fallout where the graphics were incredible? Its Bethesda! Skyrim looked okay, all fallouts looked okay, they don't make their games for the graphics, they do it for the experience. And thats what I think is great! They can make a game great without having it to lookSo, it really upsets me because people are giving this a bad review because of its graphics. When has there ever been a Fallout where the graphics were incredible? Its Bethesda! Skyrim looked okay, all fallouts looked okay, they don't make their games for the graphics, they do it for the experience. And thats what I think is great! They can make a game great without having it to look great. This game is good. Its something current gen needs and now we finally have it. Disregard the negatives, they're too busy whining. Expand
  35. Nov 10, 2015
    Fallout 4 is an amazing game, one of the best ever made. Sorry but people bashing this game have no valid reason to do so. My gf and I are running it on both platforms works flawlessly. No it doesn't look as good graphics wise as say mgsv but it's definitely a massive beautiful game. And the pip boy app is so cool, imagine browsing inventory on your cell! Coolest thing I've seen in awhileFallout 4 is an amazing game, one of the best ever made. Sorry but people bashing this game have no valid reason to do so. My gf and I are running it on both platforms works flawlessly. No it doesn't look as good graphics wise as say mgsv but it's definitely a massive beautiful game. And the pip boy app is so cool, imagine browsing inventory on your cell! Coolest thing I've seen in awhile gaming wise. I cant wait to spend countless hours playing this, maybe some are just intimidated and the gaming trolls will calm down eventually haha. Don't pass this game up from what you hear online, redbox it and try for yourself before missing out on such an amazing experience. Expand
  36. Nov 11, 2015
    You've got to be kidding with these low user reviews. Are the trolls just out in force for this game? You know, I am such a fan-boy of this series that my opinion cant be trusted, so I let my friends wife play and give me her opinion. She has NEVER played a Fallout title, what did she have to say? The most amazing, immersive and overwhelming experience she ever had. See the problem is allYou've got to be kidding with these low user reviews. Are the trolls just out in force for this game? You know, I am such a fan-boy of this series that my opinion cant be trusted, so I let my friends wife play and give me her opinion. She has NEVER played a Fallout title, what did she have to say? The most amazing, immersive and overwhelming experience she ever had. See the problem is all these people, like me, who have played every entry in the series and hold unrealistic expectations of the new entry.

You want it to be everything it was, plus completely new and fresh. It's unrealistic. People keep this rabble up because it didn't take enough from Fallout: New Vegas...which wasn't a Bethesda game. I mean, are we just never satisfied? Here is a game with over 400 hours of content, and we are complaining about what it DOESN'T have.

Okay, enough ranting, based on purely technical stuff this game smashes it out of Fenway park. Graphics are gorgeous although a little plain in some places (but its a nuclear apocalypse so...yeah), the gun play has been vastly improved and the size is immense. The voice acting is some of the best I have ever heard, and main character and NPC animations are on par with Witcher 3 if not better. The cons?

Some issues with companions getting stuck, and inventory management. With the additional build feature it becomes very difficult to manage your materials. There is a perk/stat that helps this, though depending on your build may not be available for a while.

Outside of these small issues, the usual NPC hiccup or clipping, nothing outrageous. Come on people, try and lower your standards just a smidge. What came out of Bethesda is yet another rich in lore, moral dilemma of a game ripe with things to find and people to save/slaughter. It is WELL deserving of the Fallout name, and is a welcomed change from less involved open world RPG titles like Dragon Age. Don't let the trolls confuse you, 9/10. Welcome home Bethesda.
  37. Nov 11, 2015
    Are you kidding me? This game is amazing. WTF is wrong with people. To many Lamer's now and not enough Gamer's. I have only put in about 6 hours in this game and have been blown away. The graphics are good, story is good, game play is solid. People that are rating this so low probably play the same old stupid Call of Doodie games and are give this a bad rap. This is well worth the money,Are you kidding me? This game is amazing. WTF is wrong with people. To many Lamer's now and not enough Gamer's. I have only put in about 6 hours in this game and have been blown away. The graphics are good, story is good, game play is solid. People that are rating this so low probably play the same old stupid Call of Doodie games and are give this a bad rap. This is well worth the money, you cant go wrong with Bethesda. Expand
  38. Nov 11, 2015
    I'm 15 or so hours in and I'm enjoying the game. sure there are a few glitches. Once I was looking for a quest giver, couldn't find him because he was on a roof with no ladder or stairs up. I've seen Dogmeat do some crazy things and occasionally my characters face turns completely black. I can over look the minor glitches because I'm enjoying the game. It's running pretty good on my PC onI'm 15 or so hours in and I'm enjoying the game. sure there are a few glitches. Once I was looking for a quest giver, couldn't find him because he was on a roof with no ladder or stairs up. I've seen Dogmeat do some crazy things and occasionally my characters face turns completely black. I can over look the minor glitches because I'm enjoying the game. It's running pretty good on my PC on high quality. I have an older PC 1st gen i7 a pair of GTX 670s and 12 gig of ram, 512 SSD it's only kicked me to the desktop once. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2015
    I have only been playing for about six hours, but I am already hooked. For all those people complaining about graphics and other issues, while I understand where they are coming from but there is more to a game then just graphics. I have been playing fallout since the first game and this has to rank up there with one of better games of the series. It may not have the huge job that wasI have only been playing for about six hours, but I am already hooked. For all those people complaining about graphics and other issues, while I understand where they are coming from but there is more to a game then just graphics. I have been playing fallout since the first game and this has to rank up there with one of better games of the series. It may not have the huge job that was from 2 to 3 but that doesn't mean it didn't make some great improvements in the game, including the combat system, streamlined perks, and others

That is not to say that the game is without its set of problems there are some annoying bugs, which hopefully they will fix with upcoming patches. But, people are constantly putting the game down or rating it a zero are not giving it a fair shake. This year has seen some great games but this game is still worthy to be counted among one of the best of the year.

So overall I would give it a 9 out of 10 if it was not for the bugs I would have rated even higher.
  40. Nov 11, 2015
    First off... The robot, Codsworth, can say my freakin name!! Then there is the elaborate scrapping and crafting system, which is not only complex but is also rewarding. The settlement building can take up A LOT of time... Especially for anyone who likes Sim games. The gameplay is kinda buggy but manageable. It is lot more FPS oriented than Fallout 3 and NV, but that extra action makes upFirst off... The robot, Codsworth, can say my freakin name!! Then there is the elaborate scrapping and crafting system, which is not only complex but is also rewarding. The settlement building can take up A LOT of time... Especially for anyone who likes Sim games. The gameplay is kinda buggy but manageable. It is lot more FPS oriented than Fallout 3 and NV, but that extra action makes up for the lack of dialogue choices. Having a set character with a voice is really an improvement for the FPS versions of Fallout. Now there is a sense of purpose and ego. The main quest is kind of dry but it is interesting to say the least. All in all, this is a great game... It is a masterpiece. For everyone putting this game down, try looking at it with an open mind instead of having expectations. Because expectations are just pre-meditated resentments... :P Shout out to all my fellow waslelanders! Expand
  41. Nov 10, 2015
    In a few words: Everything a real ROLE playing game could have. Bethesda was able to do it again... Fallout 4 It's simply brilliant ! So much new and inovative things to do, that never existed in previous games.
  42. Nov 10, 2015
    I personally really like this game, I think the charcters are good and the combat is brilliant. I really don't see why it has so many negative reviews.
  43. Nov 10, 2015
    This game delivers pretty much exactly what you'd expect and we still have people running in to **** all over it by giving it a 0. I'm giving it a 10 in the hopes that it'll even out the BS opinions out there. My realistic score is more like a 9. I'm loving this game. Back to the wasteland.
  44. Nov 11, 2015
    I'm going to be realistic here and give this a 9. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I share a lot of the same opinions with the other users on here, so I won't elaborate on what I like about it. The missing point is mainly the glitches and bugs, nothing game breaking, just the odd frame drop, texture pop in and auto save stuttering. What I would like to elaborate on is these poor userI'm going to be realistic here and give this a 9. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I share a lot of the same opinions with the other users on here, so I won't elaborate on what I like about it. The missing point is mainly the glitches and bugs, nothing game breaking, just the odd frame drop, texture pop in and auto save stuttering. What I would like to elaborate on is these poor user scores this game is getting. The majority of these clowns are the same people that only played fallout for the mods. They never cared about the main game, they just cried for more when the game was already more than enough. Fallout NV on console had WAYYYY more problems at launch than this game. In fact 3 probably had the same amount. I know it's 2015 and this **** shouldn't be happening but guess what, MAKING A GAME ISN'T EASY YOU DUMB IDIOTS, especially a game of this size and scale. This user score for this game is just sad. Too many **** that wanted too much. Stop hyping games with your imaginations and being disappointed that you didn't get what YOU wanted. The best part is, I'm going to say 90% of the clowns giving these poor scores are STILL playing the game.

Bottom line is, If you're a fan of Fallout, you'll love the game. If you weren't to big on 3 and NV then this probably isn't a game for you. 9/10
  45. Nov 10, 2015
    *READ THIS* They cut a number of features that made the game unique such as degradation so the concept of finding a broken weapon or armor in a broken world which you could fix is gone. Playing as a good or bad character also did not seem to matter much. Plus the female voice acting was not good as some of the dialogue delivery felt shaky and the actor sounded a bit old for me. A shame*READ THIS* They cut a number of features that made the game unique such as degradation so the concept of finding a broken weapon or armor in a broken world which you could fix is gone. Playing as a good or bad character also did not seem to matter much. Plus the female voice acting was not good as some of the dialogue delivery felt shaky and the actor sounded a bit old for me. A shame imo. Technical issues are also very common. However this is still a vast, enjoyable experience full of content. I've spent many hours adventuring the Boston wasteland and I can't wait to go back and adventure some more. I would normally give this a lower score but I love the guys over at Bethesda who I know are hard working people so I'll give it a high score anyway. Expand
  46. Nov 11, 2015
    Ok so for a game that can be anywhere from 40 to 300 hours long users who just got the game in the last 24-36 where able to play through each mission and side aspects of the game and give it a 0. It's a lack of respect to the developers who put in years of work. I can understand the game not being your preference and maybe you give it a 6 or something but a zero? I didn't really enjoyOk so for a game that can be anywhere from 40 to 300 hours long users who just got the game in the last 24-36 where able to play through each mission and side aspects of the game and give it a 0. It's a lack of respect to the developers who put in years of work. I can understand the game not being your preference and maybe you give it a 6 or something but a zero? I didn't really enjoy witcher 3 all that much but in all truth it deserves an 80 even if its not my preference its well made. Worth the money etc. Anyways i enjoyed fallout 4 thoroughly. And cant wait for the next game. Expand
  47. Nov 11, 2015
    There have been so many trolls on metacritic recently, but please please just completely ignore them.Just because the game doesn't have perfect graphics doesn't mean that you should go cry like a bunch of 8 year olds, which you probably are. The game is the best game available on Playstation 4 and Xbox One and PC at this very moment. There are so many little details, so much effort putThere have been so many trolls on metacritic recently, but please please just completely ignore them.Just because the game doesn't have perfect graphics doesn't mean that you should go cry like a bunch of 8 year olds, which you probably are. The game is the best game available on Playstation 4 and Xbox One and PC at this very moment. There are so many little details, so much effort put into the game that it could last you until the PS5 comes out. Bethesda have done a hell of a good job and have been making this since SKYRIM so if your wondering why the game's graphics don't match other games at times, it's because the game has been in develemont for quite some time! Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2015
    I am so incredibly pleased with this game. The graphics, music, gameplay - everything! If you couldn't tell, I am in love with this game. Go get this game NOW. I don't care if you're saving up for something else - you NEED this game. This review isn't even required, but I'm going to do it for the uninformed. Let's look into things a little more closely, shall we?

A:Music/Sounds The

A:Music/Sounds

The music and sounds in a fallout game never disappoints. It really brings back the old classic songs that everyone loves, while mixing in stunning and beautiful background music. The sounds of swinging a baseball bat, hitting something in the environment - heck, even footsteps are great to hear in this game. They did not disappoint in this aspect. The music is not as good as some games that I have seen and I really didn't notice it much, but that is probably because of just how well it mixes in with the gameplay.

9/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

B: Graphics

I don't care what anyone else says about the graphics. Don't let their slander sway your opinion on this game. The graphics are superb, have you even taken one good look at the environment? Seriously, the improvement in this game from Fallout 3 and New Vegas is incredible. Sure, there was a 7 year gap between the two but who cares? Who cares if Dogmeat has flat textures on his body? His face doesn't! There are so many things in this game that you can really take in and appreciate. Graphics, are definitely one of them. When the Lone Wanderer interacts with his Pip-Boy, you can really see the dirt in his thumbs. Fantastic graphics, in my opinion.

C: Gameplay

If I was to say everything about the gameplay in this one review, it would take literally hours of our time. So I'm going to skip ahead to the major parts. Running around and exploring is great in this game. Seeing all of the different sights, landmarks and cities are a major highlight of the game. You'll be walking around peacefully for one second, then BOOM! You get attacked by raiders. You might look up in the sky and think of the amazing weather then BOOM! Some weird radiation storm occurs and then you need to get into shelter to shield yourself. The gunfights in this game are great, and you enjoy having them. Watching people get knocked back from your baseball bat blows is satisfying, and you can just sit back and watch the enemies TRY to hurt you while you're listening to the radio in your power armour. One of the newest and greatest additions to this game is making your own settlement. Find a good plot of land, scrap the random pieces of land around and then build with your materials. You can build huge bases, turrets, stores, farms, skyscrapers and even have people join you. In Fallout 3, I had trouble finding a town that had everything that I needed to survive. In Fallout 4, you BUILD the town that has everything for you to survive. As you build and your land becomes more valuable, Raiders will come and attack you. So, you need to set up Guard Towers, Turrets and Traps to survive. This feature of the game is so incredibly fun, and I have poured 7 hours into building ALONE. The freedom in this game is massive. You find someone who you believe is nice to be around, but has a nice gun? Kill him if you want. Become friends with him if you want. Rob him if you want. Marry him if you want. Become enemies with him if you want. I haven't gone into a lot of aspects of gameplay in this game, but trust me. You won't be disappointed with this. People complain about FPS drops on the PS4 version and frequent crashes, but with my brother and I's combined playtime of around 18 hours, we have not experienced one crash. There are FPS drops, but not as bad as everyone else puts them at. Trust me, you'll love it.

10/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

D: Story

What story? You make up your own story in this game. That is what makes it so great. Alright, there is a main plot, so I guess I'll tell you that without going into spoiler territory. A Nuclear War has turned the world into a barren wasteland, but you start the game before this happens. You start out as a veteran in the war, and because of this - you have been preselected to enter a vault that will protect you, your wife and your child when this happens. Nuclear bombs start being dropped where you live, so you enter the vault. When you enter the vault, you get frozen for 200 whole years - you then emerge as the lone survivor of Vault 111, in search of your infant child who was kidnapped. Not going to go any further than that. From that point onwards, you make your own story (And if you want, follow the main story) You can become a hero, raider, outlaw, serial killer, thief, mayor, lone wanderer, explorer or a trader. There's more than that, but I can't get into them right now.

10/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

Okay, now for the final verdict. I can't get into any more than this at risk of hitting the character limit. So, my final verdict for Fallout 4 is...

49. Nov 10, 2015
    It's a great game for exploration hampered by a dull story with mediocre graphics and bugs aplenty. As is Bethesda fashion. I prefer the dialogue options in Fallout 3 over the "Bioware wheel" you get in this. Not a fan of the lip sync or facial animations. I guess I just expected more innovation after 7 years. Not a horrible game by any means, but not a technical marvel by any means.It's a great game for exploration hampered by a dull story with mediocre graphics and bugs aplenty. As is Bethesda fashion. I prefer the dialogue options in Fallout 3 over the "Bioware wheel" you get in this. Not a fan of the lip sync or facial animations. I guess I just expected more innovation after 7 years. Not a horrible game by any means, but not a technical marvel by any means. Hopefully some stuff will get fixed, and it will prolly be a really good game a year from now when the goty edition comes out. If not, well there is always Elder Scrolls 6. Expand
  50. Nov 11, 2015
    Please, please, please ignore these absurd user scores. These are simply newcomers who don't have the patience or intellect to enjoy the amazing and unique experience only Fallout games can offer.

This game has been out for about 26 hours now. This is a game that has over 400 hours of content. The only people who have actually had a chance to play the game enough to write a credible review are the critics.

I would like to address the "complaints" in most reviews.

1. "This is a simplified, dumbed down version of Fallout 3". Oh really? I wasn't aware that Fallout 3 had incredibly deep weapon crafting systems, scavenging, house building, farming, and settlements. It has everything Fallout 3 had and MUCH more.

2. "The graphics are bad". Nope, the faces look bad. That's it. The world, environments, and atmosphere are absolutely breathtaking. The fact that they made such a large world have so much detail is an incredible accomplishment. It should also be noted that Bethesda started working on this game in 2009. The faces are 5/10. The rest of the graphics are 9/10.

3."This isn't an RPG". Really? That's weird. I've never seen a game with multiple individual item characteristics such as damage, damage resistance, weight, rate of fire and whatnot that also includes a deep leveling system with tons of perks, no level cap, and HUNDREDS of quests that WASN'T AN RPG. Absolutely absurd.

I've played this game for about 4 hours and I absolutely love it so far. These complaints are ridiculous. I will review again when I am deeper into it.

For now, this 10/10 is a small attempt at offsetting some of the unnecessarily bad reviews.
  51. Nov 11, 2015
    This game is amazing. Please don't listen to these ignorant reviews from newcomers who can't appreciate the depth and mystery of the game. It's not for noobs. It's a serious game that requires time and dedication. If you love deep, rewarding RPGs, Fallout 4 will blow your mind.
  52. Nov 11, 2015
    An amazingly detailed game world, with a secret and surprise around every corner. Excellent upgrade system, crafting, and good variety of companions. Interesting base-building.
  53. Nov 11, 2015
    There is a fanboy war between Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 that's quite funny. You can see a lot of review rate Fallout as 1 and Tomb raider as a 10 as the only ratings they ever made. You can see the opposite in the Tomb Raider reiviews.
  54. Nov 11, 2015
    Alright, so i'm giving this game a 10 star rating just for all the sheer negativity I see in the comments it kind of makes me think that someone created a comment bot just to try and tarnish this game and Bethesda. In fact scrolling through some of the comments it certainly looks like that is the case considering most people who commented literally only have one comment on there account.Alright, so i'm giving this game a 10 star rating just for all the sheer negativity I see in the comments it kind of makes me think that someone created a comment bot just to try and tarnish this game and Bethesda. In fact scrolling through some of the comments it certainly looks like that is the case considering most people who commented literally only have one comment on there account. Ok speculation over.

Fallout 4 i'm having a good time with fallout 4, honestly I find myself lost in the sheer customization's of the towns and crafting systems to really be to concerned for quest lines atm its so immersive and the fact that you can actually build your own towns with upwards of what seems to be a 5 story house and a nice chunk of land to potentially build on I can only imagine that future potential for mods consoles and pc's will make this even more epic than what it already is and for me that will be a game in and of itself.

From the little bit of questing I have done I can say that I haven't really felt like they really were quests, as a guy that likes to loot everything and unlock anything I run across I find myself more often than not already having the required items needed to finish a quest before I start it and that's a good thing, when your playing a game with over 400+ hours of content.

Basically if your hoping for a game that has ground breaking graphics this probably isn't going to be good for you. If you want a game that has fun and fulfilling things in and about the world and you like games that will give you hours upon hours of gameplay with future console mod support. Then this game is definitely for you!
  55. Nov 10, 2015
    ( no spoilers) from the first moment of the game you get the emotional attachment of the main the character , you see the surprise and fear and the running away when the bombs go down , and most importantly the reason why you need to go to the wasteland .
    with such additions in this fallout which is the boss fights , and they are all hard yet fun , you get to see a death claw with a mini gun and a power armor in the first 15 minutes of the game ,
    the game mechanics has been improved along with the perks and leveling up ,without changing a lot of the main core that we loved.
    i am not going to discuss the graphics cause it is perfect for this game , the only downsides are you canny have more than one companion ( like dog meat and another person) and glitches.
    in a few words my review is : more of the same you loved but with great improvements
  56. Nov 10, 2015
    Absolutely amazing game. Purchased midnight release. Haven't run into a bug yet (not the software kind). This blew way past my expectations. From the word go this game is incredible. Every corner brings something new. The world is living and brilliant. I didn't know a game could be this good!

There is such a care to every detail of the world. Bethesda should be applauded. Don't listen to the hate. Don't listen to these trolls. Get the game. Own it, play it, love it!
  57. Nov 10, 2015
    Well it's already obvious that people are only coming on this site to troll and give a great game a low score probably because CoD: BOIII was crap. I read reviews that were copy and pasted too so a majority of these posts are all repeats so someone must be furious.

In terms of the game, some choices were made that made it better, some choices may not be too great, but as a game? It's incredible for what sixty dollars can buy you. People are satisfied spending sixty bucks EVERY year for Call of Duty or sports games which is the SAME. EXACT. THING. EVERY. TIME. but when it comes to this, "Oh it's the same game, nothing too new" like really? Does that make any sense? Did Halo 5 falling short upset people that now they have to knock down a titan to make it seem balanced? Users shouldn't be allowed to review a game. How is this game a 0? 0 is non-functional. I'm pretty damn sure this game is functional.

In short: The game is certainly worth the money and your time. It's going to have things that will upset some or make other extremely happy but in general? It's still the fallout you know and love and for people who believe that this game is a 5.4? or a 4.3? Go **** yourself.
  58. Nov 10, 2015
    Game play is fantastic, story telling is amazing, and voice protagonist adds a whole new dynamic! People have been pretty critical of graphics not meeting their expectations, but I think the game looks fantastic personally. If you're a fan of good game play and story, wrapped in hundreds of hours of content, then this is the game for you.
  59. Nov 10, 2015
    If you only know View graphics the game is not for you , is a game with good story, and more than a thousand things to do on a large map with good ambience , the game has bugs , but are usually less bug , in good ending game
  60. Nov 10, 2015
    Alot of fake negative User reviews on here which is sad , so everyone knows how to spot a fake review (in order to try and drive down the overall score) click their user name if Fallout 4 is their only review then they are aither ban dodgers or just fake reviewers and please report them!!!
    I have played a few hours via game share , im picking my copy up later today but it had smooth gameplay , tons of side quests , yes there are bugs but as far as i saw minor, there is tons of stuff to do and also the settlement building is awesome !!!!
  61. Nov 10, 2015
    As usual the trolls and haters blanket a new game across all platforms with misery. While there may be a few issues it definitely does not warrant a 0/10 score.
  62. Nov 10, 2015
    the animation system is just not what it should be in 2015 Fallout4 but animations isn't everything if its fun that's all that matters Fallout4 is so much fun! I wish it was Xmas break so I could play it 12 hours a day for 3 weeks
  63. Nov 10, 2015
    its just really, really good ................. Like super good ............ best rpg ive played in a loong time ............ why do i have to write so long
  64. Nov 10, 2015
    I really miss those years where gamers would understand the concept and standards of Gameplay in a game and how powerful it can be, and I can't quite understand all the hate this game's getting considering all the strong elements... Fallout's gameplay has always been amazing and varied, and now with a compelling story line and rich characterization, this is the definitive Bethesda RPGI really miss those years where gamers would understand the concept and standards of Gameplay in a game and how powerful it can be, and I can't quite understand all the hate this game's getting considering all the strong elements... Fallout's gameplay has always been amazing and varied, and now with a compelling story line and rich characterization, this is the definitive Bethesda RPG we've wanted (and that's pretty much what the reviewers have been saying). I guess all gamers want these days are realistic graphics and they don't care for linear environments and repetitive/invariant gameplay based on some mechanics of previous beloved games of their favorite franchises Expand
  65. Nov 10, 2015
    "This Game is just awesome"
    I don't think that any other things can describe FALLOUT4 better
    Great gameplay and lots of fun
    You really gonna get addicted to this one
    Especially rpg gamers
  66. Nov 10, 2015
    As a Fallout veteran (I played FO1 and FO2 already in the 90s) I really like most of the changes they did to character customization and itemization, which both feel great, and I dont miss degrading weapons and armour conditions at all. Fights are as tough early on as in any FO game, updated V.A.T.S. feels a bit less cheesy than before, and opponent A.I. appears much improved as well. WhatAs a Fallout veteran (I played FO1 and FO2 already in the 90s) I really like most of the changes they did to character customization and itemization, which both feel great, and I dont miss degrading weapons and armour conditions at all. Fights are as tough early on as in any FO game, updated V.A.T.S. feels a bit less cheesy than before, and opponent A.I. appears much improved as well. What keeps me from giving it a flat 10 are the few bugs I encountered in talking to NPCs early on and the sub-optimal implementation of housebuilding which feels a bit too clunky. Expand
  67. Nov 10, 2015
    Awesome game and not graphics but by the freedom in this world , missions , things to do , if you only look graphics is not your game, if you can play in either single aisles , this is world opened 10
  68. Nov 10, 2015
    But it’s still very much Fallout — a game that doesn’t really need to change all that much to trigger that familiar mix of dread and joy. A new location and a much better story were enough to pull me into this world, and 60 hours later I’m not done with it. There are settlements I still want to finish building, and crimes I still need to get to the bottom of. At some point I plan to ignoreBut it’s still very much Fallout — a game that doesn’t really need to change all that much to trigger that familiar mix of dread and joy. A new location and a much better story were enough to pull me into this world, and 60 hours later I’m not done with it. There are settlements I still want to finish building, and crimes I still need to get to the bottom of. At some point I plan to ignore everything altogether, and just wander into the wilderness to see what I can find. Even if I’m alone, at least I’ll have Billie Holiday’s voice to keep me company. Expand
  69. Nov 10, 2015
    Awesome game, I never played New Vegas, And I dont care about it, I just love fallout 4, Who ever is saying this game is bad, I think have a problem with fallout to start with.
  70. Nov 10, 2015
    This game was way over hyped and I feel very sorry for it because it is such a great game and it's only that everyone had super high expectations that they are now disappointed. This game is for RPG fans and pure video game lovers, anyone who likes the work of Todd Howard is going to love this. Everyone who gives this game bad reviews needs go play COD or Angry Birds... They do not deserveThis game was way over hyped and I feel very sorry for it because it is such a great game and it's only that everyone had super high expectations that they are now disappointed. This game is for RPG fans and pure video game lovers, anyone who likes the work of Todd Howard is going to love this. Everyone who gives this game bad reviews needs go play COD or Angry Birds... They do not deserve to own this game game and their opinions certainly aren't welcome here. Expand
  71. Nov 19, 2015
    So I'm writing this as Fallout virgin (so can't comment on how much of a step up it is from previous versions), only having once briefly tried Fallout 3 and didn't get on with it a few years ago...
    On the PS4, I am loving this game. It feels very close to GTA5 in the scale of the sandbox. Whereas GTA5 looks better (maybe read brighter) and has a wider, more complex world, I'm finding the plot and overall atmosphere within Fallout4 much more engrossing, and I've only scratched the surface so far.
    Graphics are good, sound is good, combat is fine - its no Battlefield 4, but VATS helps a lot. It can be disorientating in 1st person view when surrounded by ghouls, or bugs and you've no idea where they are, so there is a lot of frantic back stepping - but you figure out pretty quickly that in the main you are meant to keep these guys at arms length, so sneaking up on them and sniping from a distance to pick them off before they get close is the name of the game. If you think about it this is never meant to be some crazy COD shooter for the kids, the whole ethos of the game is about keeping your head down, being cautious, picking your fights, and getting the jump on enemies when you choose to engage.
    I have barely come across the bugs all the haters are moaning about, just a bit of Dogmeat levitating, but hey ho, it made me smile. And I am assuming these things can be sorted down the line...?
    If you're a fan of the post apocalyptic think (The Walking Dead etc), then you should love this game and I really like Bethesda's 60's/Cyberpunk identity they have stamped on it...
    I was a PS4 1st day buyer and ever since have felt let down by the quality of games (other than BF4, which I am a big fan of)...and this is the first game I have played for a very long time, which makes me ignore the missus who is trying to lure me to bed with a twinkle in her eye, and instead I end up going to bed 3 hours later to find her fast asleep (and quite annoyed with me!).
    And this is from a 36 year old guy who has a great job, missus and a life, and isn't an avid hard core gamer like some...yet Fallout 4 has got its claws into me (and made me write my first ever review!), which is probably the best endorsement there is for the game!
    Best game out on PS4 that I have played to date by far...it may not be perfect, but greatness is not always as simple as measuring something by the sum of its parts. 9/10
  72. Sep 10, 2016
    This game is fantastic! If you enjoy games that you start off a weak and find gear and build your character into a god you will love this! Sure there are elements that have taken a step backward from Skyrim such as speechcraft and length of game content... (it took me 100 hours for the main game versus 180+ for Skyrim) but the story is great, the characters are memorable, the gun play isThis game is fantastic! If you enjoy games that you start off a weak and find gear and build your character into a god you will love this! Sure there are elements that have taken a step backward from Skyrim such as speechcraft and length of game content... (it took me 100 hours for the main game versus 180+ for Skyrim) but the story is great, the characters are memorable, the gun play is super fun, the crafting is the best ive seen, and the workshop is like Legos for adults. Let yourself get lost in the world. Slow down and explore. I really don't understand how such a fun game can get such a bad rep. Play it! Expand
  73. Oct 31, 2016
    Graphics: 8 Sound: 8.5 Gameplay: 7.5 Fun/Story: 8.5

A decent vast and complex world. Technically not a great game but it has good level design, story and sarcasm enough.
  74. Oct 10, 2016
    As someone who hasn't played any previous Fallout entry, I really enjoyed my time with Fallout 4. From what I understand, the game is fairly similar to its predecessors but for someone new to the series that isn't a problem. Admittedly it took me a few hours to get into the game, but after a while the world of Fallout 4 grew on me. It was fun exploring post-apocalyptic Boston, findingAs someone who hasn't played any previous Fallout entry, I really enjoyed my time with Fallout 4. From what I understand, the game is fairly similar to its predecessors but for someone new to the series that isn't a problem. Admittedly it took me a few hours to get into the game, but after a while the world of Fallout 4 grew on me. It was fun exploring post-apocalyptic Boston, finding little pieces of its history scattered around the sizeable map. The story is okayish and base building can be overwhelming at first; but after a while I got the hang of it. Graphics wise, I wasn't too impressed. If a game like The Last Of Us can make a post-apocalyptic world look beautiful then Fallout 4 really has no excuse. Expand
  75. Dec 13, 2016
    The Very First Time You Play this game, the first thing that will come in your mind is "OMG, I HAVE WASTED MY MONEY" because when the first time I played, I said this to myself. Then I thought, now that I have spent my money on it then I should try this game and see whether its as good as the critics are saying or its a trash. And when I start playing missions and explore the apocalypticThe Very First Time You Play this game, the first thing that will come in your mind is "OMG, I HAVE WASTED MY MONEY" because when the first time I played, I said this to myself. Then I thought, now that I have spent my money on it then I should try this game and see whether its as good as the critics are saying or its a trash. And when I start playing missions and explore the apocalyptic world I said to myself "THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR CONTENT". Its a beautiful apocalyptic world with amazing loot and the best part that I liked is the Lock Picking and Hacking Computers because it takes technique to open and that makes you feel smart or else it can get really irritated if you stuck.
    With positives there are also negatives, and the negatives of this game is that the constant drop of Frame Rate, Normal Graphics, & No Life in Characters, I mean seriously, all the characters look dead, like they died even before the bombs fell and now all of them are robots.
    I usually focus on the content, story and length of the game. The Apocalyptic content is great, the length of game really deserves the $60 purchase price (BTW I bought it really late so I got it for $30) but the story is really vague. I mean you are looking for your son and by the time progress you forget that the main story is still about your son and not to clean up others mess which you do quite often. And also the end is not even satisfying. Its like they just wanted to make Fallout but they were out of ideas about the Story.
    Now the final verdict is that its a must play game and i'm confident that you will like Exploring, Lock Picking and Hacking.
  76. Oct 16, 2016
    Gran juego, ofrece una libertad enorme a la hora de afrontar el juego como tú quieras, puedes hartarte a hacer secundarias sin avanzar en la historia principal explorando el mapeado que tiene un gran diseño artístico. El crafteo está muy bien, ahora todo lo que puedas recoger se puede usar para crear cualquier cosa, ya sea accesorios para tus armas o objetos para tus campamentos, tienes aGran juego, ofrece una libertad enorme a la hora de afrontar el juego como tú quieras, puedes hartarte a hacer secundarias sin avanzar en la historia principal explorando el mapeado que tiene un gran diseño artístico. El crafteo está muy bien, ahora todo lo que puedas recoger se puede usar para crear cualquier cosa, ya sea accesorios para tus armas o objetos para tus campamentos, tienes a disposición varios compañeros disponibles para que te acompañen y ahora que se ha "shooterizado" no se abusa tanto del V.A.T.S. La BSO por cierto es genial, con grandes temas, pasearse con la radio puesta es una gozada.
    La parte negativa es que todo esto se ve empañado por una series de bugs que estropean el resultado final. Npcs que se quedan parados, atraviesan cosas, fallos en las misiones ( el día de salida del juego, posteriormente esto se arregló tras un parcheo )además los tiempos de carga son muy grandes, algo que no se entiende ya que a pesar de ser mundo abierto es muy mediocre gráficamente.
  77. Aug 31, 2016
    Fallout 4. One of the best games i've ever played. Good graphics, good story, many side-quests and an amazing map. I pretty much love the idea of exploring a post-apocalyptic world, even more in Fallout 4, where are so much to explore and so much to do.
    There are lots of people that say the story is linear and the quests are repetitive, and i can agree with that, but that's the point of an open-world game, to explore, not to rush trough the story.
    There are also some things that i disliked, for example the companions. I like the idea of having someone next to you when exploring an dangerous world, but those companions are supposed to help you, not to just stay around. Also i would've loved a longer story and more side-quests.
  78. Sep 10, 2016
    Fallout 4 is a fantastic, addictive, epic game. It's huge and hard to stop playing. I've always loved the Fallout series, and compared to Fallout 3 & New Vegas the RPG element in 4 is disappointing. The dialogue response options are really watered down and basic. Most of the time you'll find yourself just pressing X to move forward through the dialogue because you know it's going to beFallout 4 is a fantastic, addictive, epic game. It's huge and hard to stop playing. I've always loved the Fallout series, and compared to Fallout 3 & New Vegas the RPG element in 4 is disappointing. The dialogue response options are really watered down and basic. Most of the time you'll find yourself just pressing X to move forward through the dialogue because you know it's going to be what you'll end up choosing anymore. There aren't any consequences to your decisions other than if you'll end up fighting some NPC's or not. The companion AI is dumb. Like seriously dumb. And as rare as certain types of ammo is you'll never want to equip them with good weapons since any weapon other than their default will require you provide them ammo as well. If you're playing a stealth or sniper build you'll want no companions at all or just Dogmeat, anyone else will draw attention. There should have been an option to command a companion to be aggressive, defensive, hang behind, and stuff like that. Not simply "wait." If I tell them to wait I end up just ignoring them.

The main story is okay. Not great. I'm far more interested in all the side quests and the people of the world. I find them a lot more interesting and spend most my time engaged in exploration or doing things for the people of this world, putting the main plot quest on hold.

This game could easily be a 10/10, but because they watered down the RPG element, the dialogue choices, and weak plot, I'm going to have to chop it down to a solid 8/10. This game is my favorite of the Fallout series so far even with the changes they've made. I LOVE that I'm able to play it the way I want as more of a FPS and only using VATS for really critical and complex situations. Previous games were way too VATS heavy. I like the new skills system, I find it far more useful and easy to see and understand. Building my character is easier the way they have it now.

This is in my top game's list, go buy it, worth every penny.
  79. Sep 13, 2016
    Fallout 4 isn't flawless but still it's one of the best rpg's out there,If you've played The Witcher 3 earlier you might enjoy this a little less than usual but still Fallout 4 does'nt disappoints.
  80. Oct 9, 2016
    I really love this game and frenchize , just it seams there was so many crashes while playing it on PS4. Later I found out that if you have your ps4 placed horisontally it doesn't overheat while playing the game. I miss enclave and only played far harbour so far because it's a more story driven DLC.
  81. Jan 5, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a very fun game to play but at the same time buggy, which I suspect is due to the massive world. It's most fun when you play the side missions and do the endless customization because it really feels like you've made this game your own. But you will reach a certain point in the game when it becomes super repetitive and makes you wonder if this game ever ends. That's when you'll ditch side-missions and do real missions like I did.

In the end I rushed to finish it because my patience was wearing ice-thin. The ending was just lame considering how I've poured nearly 90 hours into this game. I think that because there are endless approaches to playing this game, no matter how you play it a game still has to end. I think this is why the ending felt so contrived. Well what to expect from a super open-world game like Fallout 4.

I ended the game sticking to the railroad faction. A small nuke goes off in the distance and that's that. If I return back, brother of steel are my new enemy. I don't mind since I get a powerful railroad rifle in the end to kick the **** out of them. The post-apocalyptic atmosphere is faultless and easily the best aspect of the game. Add on the perk system which truly customizes the gaming experience to my liking, this game deserves an 8.
  82. Aug 13, 2017
    Good gameplay and World Design

Bad RPG elements
    (No Character Development, Karma System)
    No Special Dialogues(Unlike the older fallout games, there were options that you could choose based on your selected skills or even your S.P.E.C.I.A.L skills.)
  83. Jan 9, 2019
    Fallout 4 is not the best Fallout for many reasons. But it's the Fallout with a very great open world and
    and a good Story. And i have so much fun with this game.
  84. Nov 19, 2015
    This game is everything I hoped it would be. I loved fallout 3 & New Vegas. For me it was never really about the graphics or the character models. It is about the story, the choices & being able to walk around in such a cool post apocalyptic world. Fallout 4 is bigger than is predecessors. Much prettier. I mean the environment is amazing. The weather is a cool addition. Everything from theThis game is everything I hoped it would be. I loved fallout 3 & New Vegas. For me it was never really about the graphics or the character models. It is about the story, the choices & being able to walk around in such a cool post apocalyptic world. Fallout 4 is bigger than is predecessors. Much prettier. I mean the environment is amazing. The weather is a cool addition. Everything from the weapon and armor crafting to the settlement building. Its all amazing. I love the game. 70+ hours in & i still havent seen the full map. All these haters giving it these terrible scores just dont have respect for the art of game building. Fallout 4 is a work of art. Its a beautiful complex thing. All in all I can understand why some simple minded people would get lost & feel overwhelmed in such a magnificent creation. Expand
  85. Nov 19, 2015
    Are people playing a different game than I am? My ONLY gripe with the game is the graphics aren't "next gen." That is the only reason I've docked it one point. I think this Fallout is more accessible than the others, the shooting mechanics are AMAZINGLY improved, and the flow of the stories is much better than in the previous releases.

As far as stories go, I love the main quest. The

As far as stories go, I love the main quest. The side quests, surprisingly, are even better than the main story. The companion dynamic is engaging and fun to play around with. Each companion has their own perk that they bring a long. For example, you can take a companion (Valentine) along with you to hack into computers that are below your skill level. Or, you can take a companion (Piper, I think), whose perk gives you a bump in experience points when wandering the map. This is great for getting early boosts in character level.

The crafting and inventory management take time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's really engaging, especially with the weapons. It's like Borderlands on steroids, and the changes you make have a noticeable difference. On top of this, you can craft and grow resources that can be used in crafting other useful items.

It's crazy to me that even the users are getting more picky than the 'professional' reviewers. This game is really thought out and I don't know if the hype of this game let people down. I don't know what people were really expecting, but from what I can see, this game has GOTY written all over it. I'd give it a 10+ if the graphics were even slightly better.
  86. Dec 10, 2015
    No, this game isn't perfect, but it is a great game. Immersion speaks volumes in the digital world and very few do it better than Bethesda. Yes, this game is very similar to previous Fallout iterations, but it is Fallout. If you expected something different than you need to reset your expectations.
    As far as FPS drops and performance, I think in the 70 hours I have put in so far I have noticed 1 time it has dipped below 60 FPS, and it was for maybe 3 seconds. Please consider HOW HUGE THIS GAME is when you start taking about performance hits in very small percentages.
    In full transparency, I have not progressed down the main story line with all the hours I have put in so far, but the additional story elements that I have encountered side questing have been interesting and compelling.
    Outside of Witcher 3, this will be the title that I will spend the most time on this year going into next year.
  87. Nov 18, 2015
    I wish I could give this a 9.5, as nothing is ever "perfect", but I'll actually be conservative and low-ball the game to be ultra-fair countering my absolute love for this game. I've put about 60 hours into Fallout 4 at this point. Usually with video games that my brother will tell me to try out, I'll shoot it full of holes and lose interest within 5-10 hours or less. MGSV, AssassinsI wish I could give this a 9.5, as nothing is ever "perfect", but I'll actually be conservative and low-ball the game to be ultra-fair countering my absolute love for this game. I've put about 60 hours into Fallout 4 at this point. Usually with video games that my brother will tell me to try out, I'll shoot it full of holes and lose interest within 5-10 hours or less. MGSV, Assassins Creed, even Skyrim.... didn't do anything for me. My love for FO3 propelled me through the beginning of FO4, but it wasn't until about 15-20 hours did I start to grasp the sheer scope of this game, and THAT is when the magic and realization of the greatness I was experiencing hit me. It's huge. Ignore the claims of "small map size", and "buggy performance". Ignore the complaints of "repetitive quests".

If you played Fallout 3 back in 2008 when it came out, it WAS a buggy mess, yet still was incredible all at the same time, while having many more limitations gameplay wise than FO4. I loved Fallout 3, still do, and always considered it to be one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not a fanatical gamer, but thats because it takes a lot for a product to grab my attention and hold it. FO3 did it, and I put about 200-220 hours into that game over two different games, so I was looking forward to what FO4 had to bring to the table. So let's get right down to it:

Pros:
    - The map is huge and seamless. At no time did I think I was restricted because of size. The density of the map regarding locations available for discovery made me feel that the size of the game was in the CONTENT. That isn't to say the map isn't physically large, it is, and theres no loading on the main map like in the city portions of FO3. Like I said, I've got 60 hours in, and I feel I'll need another 200 to see everything.

- Gunplay is greatly improved. So much so that I only use VATS when I'm in a tough spot with enemies bearing down on me in numbers for instance. The weapons all "feel" right and rewarding.

- The environment itself. Hearing Raiders and others go full bore against each other a few blocks away, and then have a Vertibird swoop in, mini-gun rocking out the side, to insert two BOS operatives completely randomly is truly an immersive experience the first time you see it, because you don't expect it. The game surprises me everytime I turn it on.

- Stability. Yes, stability. I've had only 3 crashes in 60 hours of gameplay. While that might seem unacceptable, it's a huge improvement from the 3 crashes I would have in 3 hours of FO3 upon release. Bethesda put out a very complex, detailed game and the fact that I truly get the 1080P 30fps 95% of the time with minimal crashing is impressive. I expect further patches, as we all should, but out of the gate you can't ask for better. Not for what you're getting as a whole.

- The story is engaging and the characters I've found myself genuinely interested in their individual dilemmas. I've yet to see them all, but so far I've been completely into what is going on in their little worlds.

- The settlement and crafting aspects takes a bit to get used to, but once you do it quickly becomes addicting. I find myself constantly doing quests elsewhere and then devoting an hour to checking on my settlers, ensuring trade is being conducted, they have enough water/food/beds/defenses/etc. They haven't been attacked heavily yet, maybe 1 or 2 Deathclaws was the worst I've seen so far, but I have a feeling it's coming. I did lost a settlement last night while I was away, but have yet to investigate to see what has occurred. Considering I had a robust defense setup at that particular site, it has me wondering if the heat has been turned up. Engaging, without a doubt, and a very positive inclusion to the game.

Cons:
    - Artificial Intelligence regarding combat and sneaking. I just took your buddies' head off with a suppressed .50 cal, Mr. Raider, and all I hear is "Who's there?........ Ah probably nothing...." and it stays on "CAUTION" for detectability. Is that unrealistic? You bet your sweet ass. Yet it doesn't break the game for me. Hell, I NEED that handicap half the time lol Now, there is a line to that, because once the group sees you, it's on like Donkey Kong. But if you're careful and have the tools, you can make heads explode right next to the other bad guys who you can't see and they won't think anything of it half the time.

- Companions going "Leroy Jenkins" when you're trying to be sneaky. If I'm not doing their particular quests, I don't travel with a companion, but they WILL blow your cover at some point unnecessarily and rush right into combat.

- Diamond City Radio DJ. I get what he's supposed to be, a completely unconfident, introverted, loser who has major self-esteem issues, which his voice actor portrays very well. But I do find him ultra depressing. Maybe there's more depth to him further into the game, maybe I can help get him laid and he turns into the Big Bopper, who knows?

No more space! 9.5/10
  88. Nov 18, 2015
    This is a very good game. So much to do and so many places to explore. Its fallout 3 on a much bigger scale. Ive only logged 25 hours but my experience has been great. No major bugs so far. Ive taken a lot of time learning the crafting and base building systems and now that i understand how it works, its a blast. I played fo3 and fonv and this is better. Love it!!!!!!!
  89. Nov 19, 2015
    Fallout 4 is the most addicting game ive played on ps4 this year! you can easily spend hour and hours playing this game. And for that reason itself is why i will gladly pay 60$ for a game like this.

I only have a few problems with the game though the most obvious but expected reason is the bugs. i feel like i am walking on thin ice sometimes because ive seen game threatening bugs on my

i feel like i am walking on thin ice sometimes because ive seen game threatening bugs on my girlfriends or friends play-throughs luckily ive only encountered minor bugs.

The only other iffy thing i can say about the game negatively is that the building is a fun addition to the game but some of the actual building mechanics itself is a little troublesome to deal with, such as laying down floors and walls and most being uneven or crooked, i just feel like that is an aspect Bethesda could've made some minor changes to. Luckliy its just a side project you can do and is not enforced strongly.

Graphics - Here is where people seem to have a problem and all i can simply say is this is a game with a full world to explore why must it have to be top graphic specs i mean you are in a post apocalyptic world do you really care to see rubble and debris in such a high quality???

Gameplay - This is why i love Betheseda games you can put so much time in almost anything your doing whether its exploring, crafting, modding, building, or even reading through the terminals lore, This game will keep you enticed.

Sound and Music - from the simple sound of dogmeat's footsteps to the explosion of a mini-nuke Fallout 4s sound and music is captivating!

Overall i could say that this game is way worth more than 60$ And must be an essential to anyone's game library.

Thanks for Reading c:
  90. Nov 18, 2015
    GOTY! 10/10. What else to say, game has everything, action, colours, characters, enemies, open world exploration, best weapons in video games at the moment, inc weapon customisation. Fortress building, this is unbelievable. There are no glitches, I have encountered, think the naysayers have played another game. The game is just great in every facet, play the game as you want it to beGOTY! 10/10. What else to say, game has everything, action, colours, characters, enemies, open world exploration, best weapons in video games at the moment, inc weapon customisation. Fortress building, this is unbelievable. There are no glitches, I have encountered, think the naysayers have played another game. The game is just great in every facet, play the game as you want it to be played, with or without vats, story or shoot em up. Pillage or barter. The choices make Fallout an impressive, massively scaled awesome game. Just because the perk system isn't perfect doesn't mean it is a '0/10' children. Great game, don't even need to praise the game, just get the game and enjoy it, it becomes more enjoyable, as you level up!! Expand
  91. Nov 21, 2015
    To start this i want to say the most important thing IS NOT BETHESDA FAULT YOU EXPECTATIONS WHERE UP IN THE CLOUDS

I love all those cry babies comparing this game to the Witcher o MGS like those two games were perfect, first with an awful combat system the second with an incomplete story and an empty open world Really all three games have their flaws but giving rating a 0 or 1

Really all three games have their flaws but giving rating a 0 or 1 rating is a childish rant, with excuses like "graphics QwQ" , "no skills QwQwQ" , "lack of important decisions QwQ", what kind of games you play? even games like Dragon Age or Mass Effect doesn´t have a lot of important decisions. You have to follow up the story, the decisions you make, even on the witcher are on the side quest, and on the ending THAT'S ALL, you almost always have to follow the main story line.

I'm going to be fair Fallout 4 deserves a 9 out of 10 cause the companions AI sucks like hell and it´s main story it´s pretty short, but im giving it a 10 just to try to balance all those ranting kiddos giving it 0 rating to this great game.
  92. Nov 19, 2015
    Ooooh boy, Fallout 4. Where to start? First, I'll start with the two complaints I have. One, the game is a bit buggy in some spots. Not bugs as in the amusing kind where physics break and dead bodies go insane, I expected those. I mean bugs that cause the game to temporarily break and I have to reload previous saves to fix it. The kind of bugs that interrupt gameplay in an annoying way.Ooooh boy, Fallout 4. Where to start? First, I'll start with the two complaints I have. One, the game is a bit buggy in some spots. Not bugs as in the amusing kind where physics break and dead bodies go insane, I expected those. I mean bugs that cause the game to temporarily break and I have to reload previous saves to fix it. The kind of bugs that interrupt gameplay in an annoying way. The other is the map size, it feels smaller than 3 and New Vegas but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk that one up to the fact that a lot more of the map is urban and explorable, so you still spend a good amount of time exploring all the places available. There's also a lot less trekking through empty wasteland to find locations. After all, once you find places you're going to be fast travelling to them anyways.

The dialogue system is a bit simpler, and that's fine, I don't mind it. The dialogue was never a particular point for me, and it's nice actually having a voice for the protagonist, lets me really enjoy the sarcastic replies, which I love. Gunplay is less tedious and dangerous than before, things will actually die without needing all of your ammo. Super Mutants and Deathclaws are now less tedious and more fun and exciting, because you actually have a chance against them. Well, Super Mutants eventually become more and more possible to kill, but Deathclaws were always impossible to kill. Not so, now, in fact I've killed several already, and it was a hell of a rush. Because I was actually able to kill them, staying and fighting was actually an option for me. A dumb option, but still an option. For me, the difference between 'impossible' and 'difficult but possible' is huge in terms of how much I enjoy it.

I love the crafting system, too, it lets me make all kinds of modifications for my weapons without needing to buy them. It's really nice, because junk now actually has a value in terms of the crafting parts they contain. Hell, junk is usually the thing that leaves me over-encumbered the most often, and I will literally drop weapons for more valuable junk. So you can tailor your weapons to your fighting style. You can give pistols rifle stocks if you get perks more designed for rifles, and the other way around. You can give your weapons different sights, different receivers for added damage, different magazines for higher capacity, faster reloading, or both, the list goes on, and I love it.

The story is simple, about as complex as the main stories for 3 and New Vegas. It's not a huge deal to me, I've always preferred exploring and scavenging over playing the main story. Maybe some people see that as a negative point, but I don't. Still, for those of you hoping for an epic story that changes your life, look elsewhere.

Overall, 9/10. I love it.
  93. Nov 19, 2015
    I have put in 50+ hours now and feel that I can write a review. Personally I don't know why so many people write review good or bad (mostly bad) when they have never played the game or have only put in a couple of hours. Those are not reviews but more commentaries of the series overall...

This is a great game and worthy successor to the fallout series. No, it's not a drastic change in the series like FO3 was moving to 3D, but why would it be? Spending extensive time with Witcher III and Dragon's age this year fallout is a step above overall and there really isn't anything those games have that FO is missing. It's still fallout, if you didn't like FO3 or New Vegas - guess what, you are not going to like this game either. FO4 does have quite a few improvements and is a step forward, no, it doesn't do everything perfect, but this is a video game with real world limits on budget and timeframe for development. I am thrilled the put development into quests and the world and happy the devs allocated their limited resources there - I don't know exactly how much time I am into the game, I suspect about 70-100hrs, and I don't feel anywhere near completion of even just exploring areas.

My largest criticism is the lack of moral ambiguity. One of my favorite features of New Vegas was that you could experience the game as a "bad" character and still have a storyline and complete the game and have meaningful interactions. Even factions were a mix of morals and there wasn't really a straightforward "good" choice. With FO4 you can be a jerk, but the story and most elements play out the same. If you could choose between making settlements farmers or raiders and rise to control a huge powerful mercenary group that was your settlements would have added a neat "bad" element. The settlement control is also not the best on the console. It's manageable, but not great.

I will rate the game a 9. I am playing on PS4 and have and no serious bugs that require a restart. Sure in a perfect world the developer would have had time to improve graphics even more and add more features, (hence the 9), but FO4 is still a fantastic game - but it's just a game. Some seem like there were expecting a life-changing event. Sorry, it's just a game.
  94. Nov 20, 2015
    It bugs that people are being stupid in the reviews. Oh it didnt innovate, oh it got some bugs, oh the dialogue options suck, oh it didnt evolve as well from 2 to 3. Get a grip. Look a GTA. From 2 to 3 big step. From there on not so much, but everyone gave 10 to every GTA. They only change the story, add small features to make the experience more complete. But when Fallout does it itsIt bugs that people are being stupid in the reviews. Oh it didnt innovate, oh it got some bugs, oh the dialogue options suck, oh it didnt evolve as well from 2 to 3. Get a grip. Look a GTA. From 2 to 3 big step. From there on not so much, but everyone gave 10 to every GTA. They only change the story, add small features to make the experience more complete. But when Fallout does it its wrong ? holy hipocrites, not even mentioning those money suckers CODs and Battlefields and Fifas and Pes. If it was too much diferent people would say its not a real fallout experience. You people are impossible to please. The game doesnt deserve a 10, but it sure as hell doest deserve 5 or 6. Screw you . Expand
  95. Nov 19, 2015
    People have been bashing this game for too long. It's been upsetting, because I personally think that wanting a game to be the same of the last one is incredibly disappointing. People always complain about Call of Duty being the same every year. Yet here people are up in arms about the fact the the fallout game isn't the same as the last one. Come on, people. You can't hate things beingPeople have been bashing this game for too long. It's been upsetting, because I personally think that wanting a game to be the same of the last one is incredibly disappointing. People always complain about Call of Duty being the same every year. Yet here people are up in arms about the fact the the fallout game isn't the same as the last one. Come on, people. You can't hate things being the same and then ask for them to be the same. Change isn't always bad. Stop living in the dark ages and embrace change. The game isn't perfect, and never will be. I'm not going to give it a 10 out of 10 but it doesn't deserve 0-4 out of tens either. Learn to embrace change. Expand
  96. Apr 11, 2016
    Don't buy this game now and wait for the price to drop and buy it cheap. Cheap price for a cheap game. I'm not gonna repeat all that is said in the bad reviews, read them, it's all there. 1) Bethesda should fire all team. There is a clear lack of ambition and competence.
  97. Oct 19, 2016
    +Great feature for crafting system
    +Outstanding post-apocalyptic world
    +Action-packed tactical gameplay

-Lengthy load-times
    -Framerate bugs

It's one of the glowing endorsement.
  98. Nov 18, 2015
    Such a GREAT game FOR SURE!!!! If you really want to spent many many hours and just having absolute fun then I suggest to put all of your money on Fallout 4
  99. Nov 19, 2015
    When looked at on its own Fallout 4 is an incredible open world game, but really starts to show its age when considering the plethora of fantastic 2015 open world games, my personal favourite being Dying Light for its novel take on Zombies and Open World Gaming.
    When considered having played Skyrim and Fallout 3 this game does feel a little lazy, with very few novel systems which shine, and a dumbed down leveling system which had so much potential.

As a warning I have yet to complete the games main storyline, but when you have spent at least 50 hours JUST exploring the world, it speaks volumes about the quality provided.
    I'll start on the Pro's in the order I witnessed them:
    -Physical Character Creation is fantastic. My only qualm is it needed more presets...

-Voice Acting is incredible. Nolan North did his job fantastically, as did Courtney Taylor, that being said the latter's voice can wear you down after a while. Way too... excitable? Obviously this is subjective.

-Intro destroys Fallout 3s, but leads to major pace problems later. New Vegas ambiguity arguably better as a result, but I personally enjoyed it more than F:NVs more coherent intro.

-Lighting... Gorgeous. Colour Palette is also much improved, but would like to have seen a little more.

-New gameplay is, regardless of what other people are saying, perfectly fine for fallout. VATS is vastly improved, and new Critical system is fantastic.

-Power Armour is well done. Gives you a sense of being a super soldier.

-Radiation storms and feral ghouls. The storms cloud your screen in green, and the ghouls evoke a rabid zombie, and can catch you by surprise.

-Worldly storytelling (non-quest) is fantastic. With tales of twins birthdays going astray, to trailer park last stands, they are my favourite element so far.

The mediocres:
    -New radiation system is great. However, it does not truly push you into survival mode. Would have been nice to see it progressively cause more injuries as it increases. It does not help that Radaway takes away a high 300 rads, and doctors only charge ~15ish caps to clear. Too easy to tackle.

-Quests are good, HOWEVER, they tie to almost nothing most of the time. More so they lack multiple paths to achieving them, which is disappointing by todays standard.
    Quests really need to impact the world around you. Witcher 3 did this very well, with a handful of quests impacting an entire landscape in noticeable ways. Bethesda have been a leading RPG developer for too long to not be developing quests with the world in mind.

-New crafting system is great but really needs to do more. Now you dont actually craft in this game, you only mod. This makes sense, however, one crafting element that is missed is the crafting of munitions. It really feels like a step backward.
    The loss of durability on weapons are also missed, and although many approve of this, I personally think it creates a world where looting junk becomes more important than looting weapons. It also detracts from a sense of surviving in the wastes.

-Settlements. This is neither pro nor con. If you have patience the system is good enough, but thats it. It handles poorly, your settlements are restricted visually to places built from junk (which they are, but its flipping ugly), its hard to figure out if a settler has a job already, and the lack of ledgers to help you manage your settlements hurts it big time. Not to mention you are capped to about 20 settlers which is rubbish. I also feel like they missed a nifty trick by not giving your settlers names, and unworkable families who come along for the ride.

-Raiders and super mutants are largely unchanged mechanically. Suiciders and Power-Armour weilding raiders are nice additions, however, they are still essentially one unified gang. Was hoping for unique gangs battling for territory, impacting their surrounding areas in unique ways.

The poor:
    -SPECIAL is no longer special. In an attempt to create an all perk system your SPECIAL stats feel like perks. SPECIAL should have more weight to it, really distinguishing one character build from another, and you should not be able to raise your SPECIAL every level.

-Perk system is not bad, however, the perks are boring. Perks should unlock abilities rather than providing incremental boosts and taking over SPECIALs job. E.g. Gunslinger should not increase pistol damage, but give you a disarm option in VATS or something along those lines.

-Lack of sizeable cities. Diamond City is AMAZING, however, seeing what Bethesda did in Skyrim makes you wish for more. This is meant to be the most lived in Wasteland.

-Game forces you to build settlements. Although you can ignore, the view of 20% happiness on the map drags you in.

-Where is hardcore mode? This leads back to the points above, the game never truly incites a sense of anguish or need to survive. At least not for yourself, the world tells a completely different story.

Verdict: 8/10. Bethesda may have lost their RPG crown in 2015.
  100. Nov 21, 2015
    I won't go on a big rant about one thing or another, I'll just sum it all up:

I won't go on a big rant about one thing or another, I'll just sum it all up:

Fallout 4 is a great game, that much is certain. But it is not a Fallout game. It isn't an RPG, it has taken several steps back in that department. It is a story-driven shooter and yes there is a difference. If you go into this game expecting to play a Fallout RPG, you will be disappointed, like many and most of the negative reviewers of this game on Metacritic.

Amazing game, terrible addition to the Fallout franchise. If only there was a way to write a review without giving it a rating.

The game by itself: 8.5/10
    As an addition to the Fallout franchise: 3.5/10

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 16, 2015
    A strong return for the franchise, boasting incredible customisation, a fascinating world and brutal yet brainy shooting, slightly tarnished by lacklustre AI and tedious inventory management. [Christmas 2015, p.88]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Dec 15, 2015
    Feral Ghoul ugly in many ways, but beneath its iffy exterior beats the heart of one helluva great RPG. Get past the graphics deficiency, and the sheer thrill of Fallout 4’s combat, crafting options, and exploring will hold your attention for months. [January 2015, p64]
  3. Dec 11, 2015
    Fallout 4 leans to the Shooting side of things. It strips down the gameplay from the actual RPG elements and offers a meta-nuclaer shooting gallery which of course keep its charm and gameplay wealth but also feels a little too friendly for the new comers. The Base builder mode is unnecessary, boring and irritating. Unfortunately, overall, there are no steps forward for this Nuclear Holocaust Behemoth of the video games industry. Only steps sideways.